[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In this thread we play a game pt4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: Game63.png (416KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Game63.png
416KB, 640x400px
I'm a slime that gained abilities when I kill creatures. I don't know why. I'm currently in a team with a snake-man mage and a human archer. I'm seeing out of my pet demondog's eyes and we are about to enter a undead dungeon.

I need a plan of attack for fighting these three skeletons. I know that targeting the weak point in the spine will kill them. My team is expecting me to fight on the front lines and will attack if I get too close. They don't trust me and my demondog doesn't like humans.

I might have skills I don't know about, but here's the ones I do know about and what I know about them if anything:
http://pastebin.com/zen0f5BS
>>
P.S. Hows my dungeon drawing? I hope it came out well.

Old tread:
>>857893
>>
>>871849
Nice Drawing QM. What is our scenario now that we've tested out some of our new skills?
>>
>>872020
We are full on mana, but out of dark mana. We are not hurt anymore and I know where to aim to kill skeletons. We have a mage and archer that will back us up and a demondog and 5 babies that will do whatever we say.
>>
>>871849

How good we are in teaching baby slimes techniques? It would be handy if we could teach them or make them inherit through slime sharing or whatever some of our skills. If we could get them to learn how to use slime beams independently from us we could multitask and take down several skellies at the same time.

Also, it is possible to share slime with other slimes instead of outright killing them when we enter in contact and drain their lifeforce?
>>
>>872167
Well it's time to raid this dungeon I guess
Remember to absorb mana from the skelles we kill.
>>
>>872317
This is probably the best course of action
>>
File: Game64.png (5KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Game64.png
5KB, 640x400px
>>872312
>If we could get them to learn how to use slime beams independently from us we could multitask and take down several skellies at the same time
I don't think my team is willing to wait for us to do training, but I think I could teach them. For now I'll just have to have them help me.
>Also, it is possible to share slime with other slimes instead of outright killing them when we enter in contact and drain their lifeforce?
Yes. When my slime core is in slime I control that slime, but so does any other slime cores in the slime. The babies can help me do anything inside my slime, but if we separate I have no direct control over them. The problem is that other slimes are not friendly and I can't negotiate with them. Maybe I'll find a friendly slime or find a way to talk with them some time.

Ok time to do this. The hunter, Berrick asks me to go in and hold them in place for them. I was planing on using a slime beam, but I want to do what he says.

I use my mana draining trick to slow them down and tart to cover them with slime to hold them in place. They are much slower so the one with the sword and spear are useless to me. I can dodge them with no problem. The last one is more of and issue because he has some king of lightning spell. It's burning a lot of my slime up.

The archer fires and arrow and damages the first skeleton. The mage casts a spell and breaks the second killing it. I focus on absorbing the dangerous magic skeleton killing it before it can harm me again.

[Skill upgraded: Magic powered joints level 6]
[Skill upgraded: Magic powered muscles level 6]

Then I quickly use my magic to absorb the souls.

[Skill upgraded: Night energized level 4]
[Skill upgraded: Black magic level 2]

The archer is firing arrows, but I think I'd rather have the kill. I deflect them quietly with my slime and kill the skeleton with combined absorption.

...Nothing? Maybe it was a baby that did it in? Or because the archer damaged it? Dang it... Well I can still absorb the soul.

[Skill upgraded: Night energized level 5]

I feel disappointed, but my friends look super happy with how well that's gone. I don't know how those two planned to fight them alone... Well now it's time for the loot. The mage asked if we can split up everything when we are done and just let them hold everything. I said it's fine of course. However I noticed something that I'd like to have.

With the lack of slimes roaming inside here it looks like there's some treasure for me: I kill a cockroach and a mushroom by absorbing them. The mushroom damaged my slime a little when it touched, but I think it was well worth it.

[Skill upgraded: Poisson tolerance level 3]
[Skill gained: Sneaking]
[Skill gained: Poisson infusion]

The demondog didn't do much so far, but he claimed his reward of a bone. Time to move on and pick some new fights with more skeletons?
>>
>>875414

Check how much slime we have left. If we lost too much slime with the mage skelly, maybe it would be good to have a break until you regenerate some slime. If we are fine, we could try to kill more skellies, although this time make use of demondog's senses to see if there's any spellcasting skeleton there, those seems to be our weakness
>>
>>875449
>maybe it would be good to have a break until you regenerate some slime.
No problem. I wonder how this trick with the slime beam works anyway so we take a break and I play around with it until I'm the size of a large human. At this point it's just starting to getting a little bothersome to move so I don't think I want more without good reason. It could help me in a fight, but for maneuverability it might be better to stay at this size or lower.

I found that when I was "expanding" my slime I was also accidentally making more slime. I think I have some kind of skill that makes slime that I didn't know about. Using it correctly will make my slime beam even more effective or I can use the slime beam without it and it's like normal. This doesn't use mana like I would expect. As far as I can tell I can make infinite slime.

The demondog can hear some sounds, but it's hard to tell what way they are coming from. The mage picks a hallway and asks me how I would like to handle the next fight. Does he see something I don't?
>>
>>875477
Ask him what we're fighting
Information is key.
>>
>>875504

Sounds good. Also, focus in the demondog's sense of smell, maybe we can tap into its memories and recognize the smell of whatever was causing the noise if it has experienced it before
>>
>>875504
>Ask him what we're fighting
>Information is key.

The hunter hasn't been here before. The mage says he was on the second floor last time. There are skeletons on the first floor like the ones we fought. Sometimes they have different weapons or random bits of armor. There's also a few scorpion (I think) things that have hard armor and can give a venom sting.

On the second floor we will find walking corpses. They can all sorts of skills because they are more like the living? I didn't really understand that perfectly, but they are apparently tricky and can surprise you. If we are unlucky, he says, we will find a skeleton great mage. They are dark magic users that summon the dead here.

>>875568
>Also, focus in the demondog's sense of smell, maybe we can tap into its memories and recognize the smell of whatever was causing the noise if it has experienced it before
When I share his sense of smell I can tell he has a strong acclimation to smelling bones, but I'll keep this in mind for the next time we fight something and start his training.

With that we start down the next hall and the demondog growls. There's at least one skeleton ahead.
>>
>>875593
Follow the tried and true tactic.
Engulf it and absorb it focusing on the spine.
>>
>>875603

Seconded. If it is just a single skeleton we can simply overwhelm it with our slimeness
>>
File: Game65.png (36KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Game65.png
36KB, 640x400px
>>875660
You're right. Now that I know the trick to skeletons they don't do much to me. The one with the staff damaged some of my slime, but I hit him quick enough that it wasn't a problem.

Wait. There's a big scorpion of to my side. My team can't see him at this angle only my demondog. What's my plan?
>>
>>875735
Engulf it.
But leave the tip of its tail untouched.
Use our slime control to immobilize it then focus absorption on something like it's eyes.
We can then infiltrate into the body then kill it.
>>
File: Game66.png (259KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Game66.png
259KB, 640x400px
>>875748
I didn't quite have time to engulf it. It charged me so I just lunged with a bunch of slime. The venom was doing some damage, but the mage hit me with some kind of spell and it stopped spreading.

Absorbing the eyes was a good idea. It was trying to attack me, but it couldn't aim. I moved my core inside it's face and killed it from the inside as it stabbed at where I was and flailed around at nothing.

[Skill upgraded: Venom production level 3]
[Skill gained: Armored shell]

Once the battle ended I ejected the slime that had been stung. It took a little more effort because the outside of my slime is now hard. I think that skill will be useful. I let the demondog get a good smell of the scorpion and the mage extracted the venom and asked if we should head down now.
>>
>>876449
First we should see if we can activate and deactivate skills.
Try to will them off or something.
Try it with armored shell.
Then we can move down.
>>
>>876478

Seconded, some of those skills aren't exactly useful, or would be better off being used depending the circumstances
>>
>>876478
I try my best to turn off the armored shell or weaken my slime wall somehow, but it doesn't help. I can't figure out a good way to control it.

We head down and things are quiet and weird. The demondog smells nothing at all. My friends are feeling it too. They are looking nervous.

We found a room with some stuff in it. Looks like some cool crystal things and a few bits of armor. It's almost like an armory, but it's not that well stocked. The guys loot everything that isn't bolted down. They even took a table.

I absorbed a slug on the ground.

[skill gained: Lubricated crawling]

I'm leaving a trail behind me now... Great... It does aid my movement a lot though. I think my friends are confused by my sudden apparent choice to drag my ass on the floor. They are avoiding stepping in it and whispering to each other. I'm embarrassed.

We can't find anything else on this floor so my friends are asking me to go down one more floor with them. Nether of them has been down that far.
>>
>>877024
Wait first we should ask them about how skills work and if passive ones can be turned off.
Then we can go down another floor.
But we should focus on our dogs senses.
Especially smell and hearing.
(Also our comrades seem like players in a video game with their kill, loot, repeat tendencies)
>>
>>877045
>Wait first we should ask them about how skills work and if passive ones can be turned off.
I'm going to answer this, but put of the rest of your post for when I do the next turn tomorrow. I ask them about it, but they don't understand what I'm talking about. I tried to explain about the slime trail I'm leaving behind me, but the only suggestion I got was to "hold it in."
>>
File: Game67.png (94KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Game67.png
94KB, 640x400px
I make my way down the stairs first. My friends look really nervous. The hunter is sweating. I don't see anything, but there's quite a few smells. There's surely quite a few monsters on this floor.

I turn to let my friends know what the situation is, but thy are knocking out a support beam causing rocks to collapse blocking me in down here. I've been tricked!

The hunter shouts "I'm sorry. Please forgive us!" So I do... dang!

The noise has attracted something. Somethings. This will be bad.
>>
>>879635

Make the demondog stay behind you, focus on his eyesight and get ready to use slimebeam on anything that gets closer to you.
>>
>>879635
I'd say run but let's get ready to fight.
Fortune favors the brave and we might get some nice skills
>>
File: Game68.png (326KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Game68.png
326KB, 640x400px
(Sorry for disappearing. Also this is your warning that I'm going to be gone for most of tomorrow. I still really enjoy running this quest so I'll be back when I get time, but for now I'm only going to give a little taste of what's coming up. Sorry guys.)

>>879650
>>880438
I'm looking around for an exit, bu there's only two doors. One leads to a closed off room and the other has sounds coming from it. The best I can do is stand my ground and fall back to the next room if needed.

I have the baby slimes focus on building two pressurized slime zones at all times. This will allow me to fire off slime beams at regular intervals. Once the door opens I let go and blast off four beams at four figures.

The first in the middle is a giant misshapen skeleton that burns my slime away, but the armor skill helps me resist and blows my slime back rather than just destroying it. The other smaller skeleton hacks at my slime. Normally they are only interested in my core, but I weaken the slime enough to make it splash him all over so I have him. The next beam hits a frog that licks at my slime. I could feel it close it's mouth and eat some. Finally I hit a scorpion tail on the underside. Lucky! I can't be stabbed at this angle.

I hear more sounds behind them, but they are holding their ground back there...

One other thing. The large skeleton has a "core" like thing like the others, but it's much bigger. I don't feel like I'm doing anything at all by draining his mana, like he just has more than I could hope to drain. The small one does not... Or it's more like it's spread out over all of it's body. I can still slow it down like I have been doing, but it's odd. I also am not sure where to aim.

My demondog appears to understand the situation, it's ready to pounce. The baby slimes do not. They are totally unaware of the danger they are in.
>>
>>884585

It's okay man. So long you don't disappear we are gold.

Despite his eagerness to fight, this might be too much for the demondog to handle. He should stay behind us to cover our back, keep the baby slimes protected and start by attacking with slimebeam the low tier skeleton soldier. The frog doesn't look dangerous, but it wouldn't hurt to be careful. Now, the bigger skeleton meant troubles, maybe we could try knocking off its staff as they usually amplify magical powers and stay in the defensive, waiting to see how it attacks while hardening our slime
>>
>>884585
After pertinent preparation and examination we should deal with the extra enemies and save the boss for last.
The scorpion would be the best to start with as slaying it shall give us more armor.
>>
>>893837
New thread.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.