[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/qtg/ - Quest Thread General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 470
Thread images: 93

File: 40ktsd.jpg (251KB, 750x536px) Image search: [Google]
40ktsd.jpg
251KB, 750x536px
Old thread on page 10 edition.

This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's. Posters looking for advice on tabletop games should look elsewhere.

Please do not shitpost, and please report any shit posters attempting to derail discussion or cause strife. This means avoiding tripfag drama or discussion about subjects such as getting rid of /qst/.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/u5xPbk6w (embed) (embed)
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory/
https://twitter.com/tgquestlist/lists/quest-master-directory (UPDATED LIST)
These are two directories containing the tweets of many current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. To get added to the second list, tweet @tgQuestList. Spamming tweets unrelated to your quest may result in its removal.

IRC Channels:
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net (slightly related to quests; enjoys worldbuilding, mechanics and politics)
[Hugbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net (barely related to quests; enjoys Larro quests and anime)

Discord server (Can provide feedback to new QM's, but shitposting is a bannable offense):
https://discord.gg/pXfcXZJ ; https://discord.gg/aBSbbjT

Archive of quest reviews (if you find a review that is not on the list, please link it in the thread):
http://pastebin.com/u/QuestReviewsArchive

>QM Questions:
How much art do you use in your quest and where do you get it from?

>Player Question:
What's your favorite quest you've ever played?
>>
>>870464
>that OP pic
>edition

Do you feel like a special snowflake, anon?
>>
>>870464
>QM Question
As much art as possible. I either get it from Google, my already large image folder, or any of the Boorus.

>Player question
Don't have an all-time favorite. Though my favorite at the moment is probably Pilot Quest. I have a weakness for Cold War shenanigans and fast machines.
>>
>>870464
>>Player Question:
Toss up between P2129, Mecha Space Pirate, and Black Company Quest
>>
File: Pred trout time.png (298KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
Pred trout time.png
298KB, 600x700px
>>870464
What's your favorite quest you've ever played?
>>
>>870464
>player question

Toss up between Austim simulators like HQQ or Graves

Or my Fan shite like German hollow quest and the other Anime shite.
>>
>How much art do you use in your quest and where do you get it from?

I use it sparingly because I make it all myself, and I have to do it quick in order to be flexible. I've wasted time making a simple general purpose gif that I figured I would use again but never found any excuse to.

The OP images have a bit more care put into them when I give enough of a shit to make a new one.
>>
>>870464
First Aspiring Emperor Quest.
>>
>>870464
>>What's your favorite quest you've ever played
Phasing.
>>
>Player Question:
I used to play this skirmish game called 10 Spades, but I have no idea what ever happened to it.
>>
>>870464
>Player Question
Mecha Space Pirate with P2129 as a runner up. Too bad what happened with P2129 though
>>
>TFW I can't run my quest because Internet is down at my house, my bandwidth is up for the month already and Wi-Fi in my town is flaky at best

>>870464

>QM Questions:
An obscene amount. Probably too much, but my players don't mind. I grab stuff from Pixiv, threads related to my quest's setting and /hr/.

>Player Question:
I don't really have one. If I had to choose, I would say WrestleQuest right before Bookerman killed it from all of the salt and butt-hurt from waifufags over the MC romantically striking out with every female character in the story.
>>
Reposting

Its up
>>868978
>>
>Player Question:
Quests that are purposely over-the-top or edgy like Young Demon Familiar help me relax. But I very much enjoy Dungeon Life for the tone and characters.

While I'm here, I do have a couple of open questions:
>(For QMs) How do you make player choices meaningful?
>(For anyone) Would you like a One Piece Quest?
>>
>>870668
Depends on how and what time the One piece would be ran in. Also make each action have a reaction wither its good or not? Like normal choices.
>>
>>870740
What do you mean by "time"?

And with the choices, I ran a quest I while ago when this board was still on trial. One of the complaints I got was how most of the choices were basically "do a thing" vs "don't do a thing"
>>
>>870756
theirs abunch of Arc's in One piece. I'd suggest learning about the various ones before trying to run any.

Also, I don't get that second part of the question then. I'd simply say go look at the other well played quests and see how the anon's vote and how the QM's roll with it.
>>
>>870668
>How do you make player choices meaningful?

You can always take the sandbox approach. Throw hooks at the players until they pick something they like. Consequences for things ignored don't always have affect the players, only the world around them.

That way, they don't have to kill the lich commanding the horde if they find undead boring. They only have to fight their way out of the horde's path.

Rely on this mechanism entirely to form something resembling a plotline, and you've got something nobody can say lacks player agency.

Basically, the world does what it does around your quest, and the MC only interferes with the parts that interest the audience.
>>
File: 1376977066128.gif (3MB, 360x203px) Image search: [Google]
1376977066128.gif
3MB, 360x203px
LGA2 is late but alive and well.

>>870791
>>
File: 00065.gif (20KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
00065.gif
20KB, 500x280px
>>866329
Thanks, but that's true for every type of quest.
>>866464
>being generic is the only way to go
Just to spite you, the main character will be a kid looking for his dog, gathering a team of juvenile detectives on his way.
>>
Has anyone here run a skirmish type game? How difficult is it to get into? What was your process like, as far as creating it and how did it change over time?
>>
>>870464
>Favorite quest ever played

My most favoritest? How about three?

>AT-TE Commander by Observer
I just really liked the personalities of the clones and the sort of funny, awkwardly duty-focused voice of the MC

>Crusader Quest, HistoricalFiction
swords, titties, AND politics
aw yis

>RE:Monster Ex, REQM
>Check on /qst/ on a whim
>Catch RE:Monster thread live for the first time in a year
>Dreams do come true
>>
>>870668
Did you enjoy edge lord quest?
>>
File: SS rifleman.jpg (203KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
SS rifleman.jpg
203KB, 1280x800px
Where Wolves Fear To Tread will be running in an hour's time!
>>
>>871118
>just as I'm about to leave for a party
Damn it senpai.
>>
>>871099
Haven't seen it. I've only recently had the time to get into /qst/ again.
>>
>>871139
I'll be running for around 6-8 hours, so that's plenty of time for you to have fun at the party.
>>
>>870464
>Player Question:
Probably Snakecatcher quest. I think that's the only quest that I somehow managed to never miss a thread.
>>
File: colt monitor.jpg (30KB, 736x172px) Image search: [Google]
colt monitor.jpg
30KB, 736x172px
Where Wolves Fear To Tread is running right now!

>>867329
>>867329
>>867329
>>
File: 1382588334777.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1382588334777.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>871407
Goddamn I love the look of the Colt Monitor.
>>
Another shitty civ quest is up. This one hardmode only.
Come vote if you desire.

>>871373
>>
Lost Island Quest returns in 5 hours!!
>>
>>871461
I meant 4! But maybe 5
>>
Tankies Quest is up, come give the Hun what for!

>>871455
>>871455
>>
File: MQfree.png (85KB, 960x580px) Image search: [Google]
MQfree.png
85KB, 960x580px
Melancholic Quest is back up a day later than I expected, oops.

>>871450
>>871450
>>871450
>>
>starting reading Celtic Quest on Akun
>it's depressingly mediocre
>50+ participants when it goes live
Is it that red tag? It's that red tag, right?
>>
>>871554
Look, we keep telling people why.

It's just the way it be.
>>
>>871554
>>871567
and do.
>>
>>871554
Just read PoP instead.
>>
SAMSARA QUEST REVIEW
Because someone asked that one time and no one did it.

SETTING. Snort.

According to all known laws of magic, there is no way a magus should be able to teleport. Hermetic magic is too outdated to get MC’s fat little body into different dimensions. The hermeticism, of course, teleports her anyway because magic don't care what magi think is impossible.

“Studying, snarking. Studying, snarking. Studying, snarking. Studying, snarking. Ooh, snarking and studying! Let's shake it up a little.”

EXABYTE. SnortQM.

He’s Exabyte, and this is his quest. He writes here with only write-ins and vague dice mechanics, Big Railroad. Everything in here has a snort and a witty remark. One thing he’s learned after 21 years - you never know when the new thread is gonna come through that catalog.

MAIN CHARACTER. She snorted.

MC, or Jaz, sexually identifies as a full magus. Ever since she was a girl she dreamed of soaring over multiple dimensions dropping hot sticky mana on disgusting foreigners. People say to her that a person teleporting is impossible and she’s fucking retarded but she don’t care, She’s beautiful. She’s breaking laws to add illegal PipBoy 3000 mods, cheatsheat for hermetic magic and even more snark on her body. From now on she want you guys to call me “Magus” and respect her right to perform asspulls and make everyone look dumb as rocks. If you can’t accept her you don’t belong in /tg/ and need to check your snark privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

She never wanted to breed with anyone more than she wants to with books. That perfect, curvy lettering. Those bountiful spines. The child bearing parchment of a literal god. It honestly fucking hurts knowing that she'll never mate with it, pass her genes through it, and have it birth a set of perfect offspring. She'd do fucking ANYTHING for the chance to get her ancestor’s journals pregnant. A N Y T H I N G. And the fact that she can't is quite honestly too much to fucking bear. Why would her ancestor create something so perfect? To fucking tantalize us? Fucking laugh in our faces?! Honestly guys, she just fucking can't anymore. Fuck.
>>
PLOT. Snort, snort.

What the fuck did they just fucking say about her ancestor, you little bitch? She’ll have you know her ancestor published a ridiculous journal, and he’s been involved in numerous secret shenanigans in other worlds, and he has over 300 confirmed catgirl headpats. He is trained in hermemetic warfare and he’s the top wizard in the entire universe. You are nothing to them but just another adept. She will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Helios, mark her fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to her over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak she is contacting my secret network of incredibly boring friends, who only have shades of emotions across stressful dreariness and “just kinda there”, across the country and your mana is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. Jaz can be anywhere, anytime, and she can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with teleportation that remains to be inconsistent and lampshaded because of the bullshit she can do with it. Not only is she extensively trained in sharp quips, but she has access to the backpat cabal of the Archmages and she will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. She will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

forgive english, Jaz is Romalian.

she come to study magic and teleportation at Arcane academy. she is here little time and she is very hard stress. she is bibliophile also and this very difficult for her, she is very hardworking person. she never act to be friends with other adepts before. but after she is in academy 6 weeks she is her journal together it is secret also. It was show she Hermetic secret and then they are kiss.

fFriends unlock mysteries together. she never before now is tell others about magic because she is very shame. As she study this Hermetic book it is very good to her but also she is feel so sad. She feel extreme sad as someone begin to sabotage. She feel so sad that she pick up her coat and completely destroys the sabotaging bitch in style. She awaken her. It too late for stopping so she is uses teleportation. Bitch is very upset and guilty and crying, so Jaz yell her, "I AM CAN USE TELEPORT" (in Romalia). she say what? Jaz say "I AM CAN USE TELEPORT" and little sister say you girl, do not go in danger, and I say "NO I AM CAN USE TELEPORT WITH BOOK, I AM IN DIFFERENT DIMENSION, I MEET CATGIRL" and friends very angry Jaz. Friends not get scared though.
>>
Jaz plan again and is very stress. Her friends also they are very boring. Most friends are people too but completely boring. She wonder, why do Exabyte write this? But he continue because when she teleport it feel very good in Romalia ego.

CONCLUSION. Snoort

Samsara quest is pretty snortacular. Go read it, I guess.
>>
>>871633
>>871571
Looks like every fantasy quest with the smut tag gets 50+ participants.

What reason is there for anyone to not add the tag and just rarely deliver scenes?
>>
>>871739
Many people do just that. Also stuff like "maybesmut", "plutbeforesmut", etc.
>>
>>871728
>>871722
>>871716
As a player I can completely affirm the accuracy of every aspect of this review of Exabutt's latest.

>>871739
Literally none. You can use the smut tag even if you only do FTB. In one case I know of the anons ghost write the scenes because the author wants romance but isn't confident with explicit writing.
And some just endlessly tease.
>>
>>871716
>>871722
Are you the same guy who did JQ review in the last thread?
>>
>>871761
I'm whatever you want me to be, baby.

But, no.
>>
File: IMG_0582.png (302KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0582.png
302KB, 640x480px
Fuck it, I decided to take the plunge. The first thread is up, hope it's not too shitty.
>>871901
>>
>>871956
>7 Players
>in less than seventeen minutes
Fanfiction! Please don't vanish like the other one piece QM.
>>
>>870464
>QM
coulda sworn this was asked last week
>>
File: 2.1.jpg (614KB, 890x890px) Image search: [Google]
2.1.jpg
614KB, 890x890px
For those interested, an update on the Paladin of Avalon is up.
http://anonkun.com/stories/the-paladin-of-avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/28-a-rising-shadow/8jBXrRko89FZoxwQd
>>
File: can_wip_3_by_dmy_gfx-daco4jz.jpg (458KB, 618x1000px) Image search: [Google]
can_wip_3_by_dmy_gfx-daco4jz.jpg
458KB, 618x1000px
>>872447
>>872447
>>872447
>>
>>871956
>having players vote on fruit choices in one piece
Man you have balls.
>>
>>872779

>mistaking short-sighted ignorance for courage
>>
>>872830
Oh you can be damn sure I ain't. Balls ain't brains. Also, two hours or one?
>>
>>872850
An hour before the recap and then probably another hour for an actual story post.
>>
/qst/ should not exist
/qst/ is killing quests
The mod that made /qst/ should kill himself
>>
>>873103
Hey, read the OP. We're not supposed to talk about how /qst/ should have never been and the mod is a faggot on a power trip because Hiro is an incompetent lying jackass who actually speaks better english than most college students. Global Rule 15, read it and be civil.
>>
File: qst-tan2.png (352KB, 899x1234px) Image search: [Google]
qst-tan2.png
352KB, 899x1234px
/qst/-tan Quest 2 continues!

>>853693
>>853693
>>853693
>>
>>873636

Like an hour and a half behind schedule because I suck at time management but here it is baby! The return!
>>
>>873655
Didn't you run some other quest? What was it called?
>>
>>873894
Banished Quest
>>
>>873894
Magical Girl Noir Quest
>>
>>873894
Joker Quest and Dead Last Ninja
>>
>>873905
Hey, fuck you. I'm way less antagonistic than Trick.
>>
>Player Question
Crusader quest

Goddamn I miss it
>>
File: 1473123033217.jpg (14KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
1473123033217.jpg
14KB, 220x220px
>>874067
But don't only one of you run a quest?
>>
>>874067
No one cares, Soma.

Go back to being dead with Diarca and Crusty.
>>
Is there a system that's most popular for quests? I read through the QTG pastebin and didn't find anything other than the Simple Solo System mentioned in the QM starter guide.

also, is there a list somewhere of all possible text formatting options?
>>
Goddamn it /qtg/, I just rewatched Phantom of the Opera and now I want to run a quest with singing instead of writing.

Not that I am ever going to run it, but would there be interest in something like that?
>>
>>874264
I'm not listening to anyone sing me a story
>>
>>874264
How good of a singer are you?
Would you require our input to be presented in song too?
That shit would be awkward to participate into, but hella funny to listen to after it is complete
>>
File: One1.png (468KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
One1.png
468KB, 500x500px
How popular are revenge quests on /qst/? I've still got that RWBY Quest in the works, but I've been struck by an inexplicable urge to do either a oneshot or two/three thread tale of bitter vengeance for a lost love.
>>
>>874337
>How good of a singer are you?
Decent enough, had a few classes a few years back but didn't go through because of other shit.

>Would you require our input to be presented in song too?
I would love for it to be, but I think not many people would be willing to participate.
>>
>>874264
>singing instead of writing

How

Vocaroo for each post?

Nah

Sounds like shit
>>
>>874367
Give it a go, and you'll have a baritone that sings as if he were tone-deaf

Then again, that might just describe every possible player you'll ever get

If something is for sure, is that it will be memorable enough for your players to not forget it. Just don't expect it to be more than a one-shot
>>
>>874389
>Vocaroo for each post?
That would be the plan, unless i have a better idea.

>>874397
>Just don't expect it to be more than a one-shot
I don't think my throat could take more than that
>>
>>874430
>>874397
So it would be basically /qst/ Sings? Like /a/ Sings?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCmSb40sV1Y
>>
>>874447
No, it would be like Les Miserables.
Except the only miserable thing will be our singing voices.

>>874430
I say, do it.
Don't try to tell a serious tale, tho'. You won't succeed.
Maybe if you structure ir as a drinking song, or something that benefits from collaborative singing.
>>
>>874472
How about giving a rhyme scheme or a pattern at the very beginning so people know what's up?
>>
So I'm thinking of doing a vampire quest, what's the best way to do that without falling into the same edgy late 90s bullshit every other piece of vampfic has for like 20 years?
>>
>>874564
>what's the best way to do that without falling into the same edgy late 90s bullshit every other piece of vampfic has for like 20 years?
By not writing about vampires.
>>
>>874564
By falling into that edgy late 90's head on.
Every quest here that tried to be unique has failed spetacularly.
>>
>>874597
Vampire-wise, i mean
>>
>>874564
Do old-school vampires. Make them something wholly alien and unrelatable. Watch Nosferatu and Salem's Lot if you don't know what I mean.
>>
>>874564
Classic Count Dracula stuff

Read Crusader quests Halloween special
>>
>>874637
Will do.
>>874605
Yeah, I was thinking at least that they would be full on enraged beasts, at least some of the time.
>>874597
>>874603
Hold on, let me dust off my MCR cds.
>>
>>870464
>>QM Questions:

Plenty, google, bandicam, etc
>>
>>870464
Anime screenshots, mostly from SHAFT shows. I don't know if I should feel embarrassed by this.

In case you've missed my Twitter, due to RL family shit I'm taking a temporary hiatus. I don't know when things will get sorted out but I hope it's soon. To all those who were waiting for Academy Tournament Organization Quest and got themselves blueballed, I'm really sorry.
>>
>>874751
It's fine, titty, I get blueballed every day. Take care of yourself, ehn?
>>
File: 1436685817694.gif (2MB, 420x236px) Image search: [Google]
1436685817694.gif
2MB, 420x236px
>QM leaves me on a cliffhanger for months
>Finally announces a return date
>Get really excited
>Immediately remember that I'm probably going to fuck everything up when the quest resumes
>Have even less faith in the other anons to save us.
>>
>>874751
>I don't know if I should feel embarrassed by this
Nah just kill yourself
>>
File: 1408757432277.jpg (136KB, 840x1018px) Image search: [Google]
1408757432277.jpg
136KB, 840x1018px
The Raiders continues with dragons impersonating drow, an MC who has just scared herself silly, and a new potential member of her cadre that is suspiciously perfect.

>>874845
>>
surely someone must have an answer to my questions.
>>
>>874148
>Is there a system that's most popular for quests? I read through the QTG pastebin and didn't find anything other than the Simple Solo System mentioned in the QM starter guide.

Quest rules? Give prompts while allowing write-ins but retaining the right to rewrite or straight up veto any write-ins that don't fit the character.
Best of 3 is standard for dice rolling, avoid roll-against like the plague.

As far as RPG mechanics go, you can use any system that's simple enough to not drag you down, or make one up on the spot. It's also completely up to you whether you want the players to even see the system at all, and how much of it.

>also, is there a list somewhere of all possible text formatting options?
The sticky of the board you're currently on.
>>
>>874934
I don't understand your question
Do you mean a combat system?
A system for normal choices?
A system based on an established "engine"?
>>
>>874976
any of those if you want to differentiate.
>>
>>874934
well you don't make it fucking easy.

>>875080
"normal" is a very difficult thing to answer when most quests are done by QMs who never do research on other quests. Most of those quests are also DEAD, but that's besides the point.

Because while statistically, there exists a general average of systems, when you reduce the sample size to all the quests that actually last long.....there isn't really a common system tying them together. People can CLAIM that certain mechanics are terrible, and they certainly can kill quests by themselves, but that won't stop other oddities from surviving despite or maybe because of those very same mechanics.

There's always going to be some benefits and maluses towards particular setups, and there's no "one size fits all". Caring about whether your system fits your audience, the format of the quest, and your writing style is the closest "normal" that more reliably results in quests that survive.
>>
>>875174
This is an adequate answer. I didn't know that there was such a range of differences. I have attempted to read through all of the suggested material for beginners and didn't find a unifying answer other than "keep it simple" and use "best of 3 rolls"

I was trying to look through various quests that had at least 10 threads or more, but also couldn't find anything other than d100 seems to be most common. I thought perhaps I was missing something.

Additionally, is there a reason why Character generation prior to the quest starting is considered bad or disinterests players? I've seen several things say that Char gen should be avoided or be minimal, but offer no explanation why.

Also, any info on the text formatting? I can only assume that not ALL standard HTML formatting options are available.
>>
>>874934
I just freeform it, expanding on the foreseeable pros and cons of decisions if needed. It helps you avoid having one obviously correct decision.
>>
>>875201
Before I say anything, opinionated or objective, and because I can't promise a very prompt response since I may leave soon:

WHY char gen?

The only "good" reason I've heard is that it "connects players better to the MC", and although I personally contest that to a great degree, there's also the issue of that only being true for the players who got what they voted for. Those who didn't win the vote are alienated, and a 3+ stage char gen will mean nearly everybody didn't get what they wanted. Saying that they wouldn't be alienated is the same as saying that the char gen won't let them connect with the MC.
>>
>>875201
Having a predetermined character means you can jump right into the story.

Chargen is bad because it prevents you immediately getting into the action. You want a strong hook to draw in players and having make five or six decisions before you get into the meat of things really kills the tempo.

Secondly it's often just not done well. Presenting a lot of options with little exposition is bad. I'm sure it's great I can choose to play as a human, elf, dwarf, giant salamander or elfdwarf but the author need to explain what that actually means.

Another argument that I'm not sure how much stock I put into it is that players who don''t see the option they backed may just opt to drop the quest.

One good way to do chargen is weaving into the story, like presenting a problem and giving options on how to solve it. For example fight the orcs, sneak around the orcs or talk to the orcs. This lets you move the story forward while sketching in details about the protagonist.
>>
File: 1440541528520.jpg (406KB, 1200x825px) Image search: [Google]
1440541528520.jpg
406KB, 1200x825px
>>875201
>Additionally, is there a reason why Character generation prior to the quest starting is considered bad or disinterests players? I've seen several things say that Char gen should be avoided or be minimal, but offer no explanation why.

Dangers of character generation include:

Players leaving due to not getting what they wanted/disliking the generated character

Players leaving due to chargen having a bad reputation

Players leaving because your chargen is boring and nothing is happening. Protip: Space chargen out so that the character is generated over a long time while plot is happening. This way the players will be invested in the plot and character first and THEN make decisions about the characters background or skills

Players leaving because you've spent hours now sperging over numbers instead of writing your fucking quest

Players leaving because you don't have an interesting main character for them to latch unto, making your quest boring

Players leaving because the fact you're relying on chargen likely implies you barely have a premise and, since you're a /qst/ QM, probably completely failed to convey any semblance of premise you had to begin with

And probably some more points I forgot to mention. CharGen can be done well, and has been done well, and even when it's not done well it can turn out well anyway through dumb luck and good will. It's not recommended because you're probably not going to do it well.

>Also, any info on the text formatting? I can only assume that not ALL standard HTML formatting options are available.

I've already answered that question for you once in this thread.
>>
>>874264
I'm open to experimentation. Sounds interesting.
>>
>>871554
>get to the most pivotal and interesting moment in the quest
>immediate 3 year timeskip
Well that killed my interest in what could have been Cucksader quest MkII
>>
File: Mech_Concept_Art_by_Nick_Carver.jpg (205KB, 680x857px) Image search: [Google]
Mech_Concept_Art_by_Nick_Carver.jpg
205KB, 680x857px
How interested would /qst/ be of quest where players control a small mech in a battlefield and try to keep her pilot alive.

Pic kinda related.
>>
>>875367
Could be nice. Look at Observer's AT-TE quest for inspiration.
>>
File: GURPSODLOGO.png (8KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
GURPSODLOGO.png
8KB, 125x125px
High School, what’s so special about it? There is none, everything around high school is nothing special around here that’s anything more than normal.

Every day is just the same old normal day here at The Quinburry School of Young Geniuses were everything is just the usual old boring thing; You got the usual teachers that always teaches you things that in most cases can be boring; then you got the usual school bullies that can turn your day into hell. And finally, you got painstaking homework to do after-school that makes it feel like an eternity to finish all those stuff til Wednesday.

Like these four students who are having a hard time living at Quinburry who, as everybody else would not notice, has either had powers or not born as a human and they rather have to imagine a fantasy that they could get away from the hellhole that was high school.
But all those miserable days had come to an end when a mysterious stranger has entered high school out of thin air and the entire lives of four teenagers, including the students and teachers at The Quinburry School of Young Geniuses, were about to change forever as things go Oddside Down from there.

Join the GURPS Powered quest Today! >>875456
>>
>>875405
I liked Observers AT-TE quest a lot, not surprisingly it might effect my thinking. Now I just need to fine tune OP post and find pictures that are suitable.

Quest might start next week some time with intent to run multiple times if I can plan on the plot depending on player actions and first thread has players that are interested.

Nothing concrete yet and don't be dishearted if there is no quest. Pondering continues.
>>
>>875459

I think you're the second person other than me to use an entire system for their quest.

Good luck! I'd suggest doing something like condensing the rules down into an ultra slim tl;dr format at least for impatient people.
>>
>>870479
Mein neger. Still think about that one.
>>
File: Read.gif (480KB, 300x170px) Image search: [Google]
Read.gif
480KB, 300x170px
Zatch Bell quest going LIVE in 30 minutes. Prepare your bodies

>>868978
>>
>>874357
Add it into the one your working on mate.
>>
File: 135561444499.gif (493KB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
135561444499.gif
493KB, 448x252px
LGA2 is alive and well.

>>875854
>>
>>870464
>What's your favorite quest you've ever played?

Valen, hands down. It's the only one that made me worry about the results of a vote, or bite my lips wondering if my decision was correct. Other great quests may feel like you read them, but Valen you -play-.
>>
File: STG 46.jpg (75KB, 900x636px) Image search: [Google]
STG 46.jpg
75KB, 900x636px
Where Wolves Fear To Tread will be running in 45 minutes!
>>
>>875212
>>875218
>>875221

Concerning character generation, I now understand many of the arguments against it. However there is one I still don't understand which is "a player not participating, because the option they wanted didn't get selected."

Have there been players that have openly admitted to that? I'm having a hard time believing that someone would quit because they didn't get what they wanted at the initial stage.

I think that most people that play a quest would have played some tabletop and are used to not being able to have exactly what they want.

My plan is that, the majority of the characters statistics and personality will already be determined, and character generation will involve selecting things like, what weapon they use, or what car they drive, a couple statistical skill bonuses, or what their signature spell is. This is something that as the QM I would enjoy because it alters the game a little bit at a fundamental level, and gives the players some more agency.

>>875221
My bad, I missed your first post about the text formatting. I incorrectly assumed that the list in the sticky was just an example because it was so short.
>>
>>876520

>Have there been players that have openly admitted to that
Yes. A surprising amount of people here are huge babbies.

>I think that most people that play a quest would have played some tabletop and are used to not being able to have exactly what they want.
...Are you sure you've ever played tabletop? People throw shitfits at their GMs or their players all the time because of this.

>character generation will involve selecting things like, what weapon they use, or what car they drive
Those two things can be rolled into one post. Double votes are a thing.
>>
>>876520
>I'm having a hard time believing that someone would quit because they didn't get what they wanted at the initial stage.

Let me put it this way.
If i am a player, have no investment in this quest, and the first thing that occurs goes against my wishes. Why the fuck should i endure it? Has anything that the QM showed to me grabbed my attention so much that i am willing to endure playing a character i didn't want in the first place? If it was in the chargen, chances are that, no.

I am not playing at a table with friends, i am not even playing at roll20, i can drop the quest without any repercussions and consequences. To myself.

Another thing is, who are you and why are you entitled to player presence? They are not some "babbys" that owe you their participation and are going back on their word just because "whey wiwn't wike it". They are just people who have no reason to stay besides seeing if it get better, and decide to leave.

This goes twicefold for QMs who don't have a reputation. As far as they know, you might very well flake 2 or 3 updates later. Even having a few sessions under your belt is no guarantee you aren't going to ghost on them.
Of all quests i ever participated in, more than half ended up with the QM going away without even a mere "goodbye". And i am talking of quests that were on their 2nd or 3rd thread already.

Anyway
The chargen you are desribing is fine.
>>
>>876550
>A surprising amount of people here are huge babbies.
Holy shit, i mispelled "baby" on purpose just to make a joke but, case in fucking point.

Players are not entitled to have their input be accepted and to have the QM beind to their wishes.
QMs are not entitled to a playerbase.

A middle point has to be struck here, unless one of these "actors" is a masochist
>>
>>876520
>Have there been players that have openly admitted to that? I'm having a hard time believing that someone would quit because they didn't get what they wanted at the initial stage.
It's more common the more you allow player to make, in your chargen for example you'll get very few loses since the different choice wouldn't change too much from theexpected play style.

But say chargen involves building a character from the ground up.

You start off with either male or female. Gender is a huge deal to the audience, it decides how they view other character interactions and most of all romance, unless you decide to lay down the law on that you end up with a divide on how to move forward.

Or another easier example is just something like choosing between swordman or magic man. That one decision alters how the entire quest would be like and could easily make all uninterested parties jump ship.
>>
>>876580
How's it a case in point? If you haven't been presented with a generally off-putting opener, and for all intents and purposes have something potentially great, and despite all that just instantly bail the second you realize reality doesn't match your expectations to a T, you're a goddamn babby.

If the chargen process is generally a shitty affair, or OP proves incompetent or a poor writer, or whatever, then you can bail due to disinterest, and it'd be a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

But those first kind of people? Really prevalent around here. Has been since the /tg/ days. That's the point I was trying to make.
>>
File: panzerhund.jpg (330KB, 2000x1126px) Image search: [Google]
panzerhund.jpg
330KB, 2000x1126px
Where Wolves Fear To Tread is running right now!

>>867329
>>867329
>>867329
>>
>>876580
>unless one of these "actors" is a masochist
If you write for fun you're a masochist by default, whether you accept the title laden upon you or not.
>>
>>876520
>gives the players some more agency.
Focus on making the actual choices have agency first. Spending so much time on powers and upgrades is putting the cart before the horse.

>I incorrectly assumed that the list in the sticky was just an example because it was so short.
yeah, it's not a great explanation, but it's the only one we've got.
>>
>>876600
>for all intents and purposes have something potentially great
>have something potentially great
>potentially

From my experience i can tell you ("You" being, the average QM)
>You haven't put an interesting opener
>You'll flake within the first few sessions, most likely, we won't see you a second time
>Quest is not my only hobby. Say what you want but you aren't owed my any of my time
>Those things you are most likely refering to that are "little details" and make me a "goddamn babby" for bailing if they don't go my way are gender and character type. Those determine the general tone of the quest and you are goddamn right i am going to bail if it doesn't fit what i am looking for

I don't know who you are, maybe you are one of those QMs who are on their 150+th session and have a regular playerbase. But i am refering to QMs in general, not you in particular.

Let me explain it to you this way:
>GMing is a seller's market, there are few quality GMs and you, as a player, have to submit to the GMs wishes if you desire to participate in their games, because there are many people willing to play, but not many are willing to GM, and they can only serve so many players. Otherwise known as "GM is the comodity"
>Questing is a buyer's market, there are few quality QMs but you, as a player, can freely participate, pick and choose what you want. "Players are the comodity"

Do you, as a QM have to bend over for your players? Well, no. That's silly.
Do you as a player, have an obligation to keep participating in a quest you don't want to for WHATEVER reason? Well, no.

You can call the player who abandon your quest whatever name you like, they never owed you anything in the first place. Pretending they have to give you a chance for whatever reason is entitlement.

For the record, i don't flake out of quest when my options are ignored in the chargen. But i'll do if, the things i wanted to avoid by making that particular desition, do happen.
>>
Hey you guys, since people seemed to be interested in my One Piece Quest yesterday, I've started it again as promised.

>>871901

>>872779
>>872830
And just out of curiosity, why do you anons thinks its a bad idea?
>>
>>876639
>tfw you become better at seeing your own faults faster than you become better as a writer in general
>tfw your readers don't really mind either way and you come up as whine-y
I'll give you that, anon. I'll give you that.
>>
>>876709
If you're participating in the first thread of a quest, you're aware of all the risks and are doing so anyway, so all that shit about flaking or whatever don't even factor in. Otherwise you'd be a sane person who waits until a thread reaches 100 posts before hitting page 10 to even consider participating which is what I do nowadays, so this discussion is completely pointless by default.

But no, /qst/ is not a market of any kind. Everybody does whatever the fuck they want, and they do so for fun, and if they don't have fun, they bail.

Except those people who are too closed-minded to have fun except in the "right way" and immediately bitch about things that don't go their way. It's called being a sperglord, or being closed-minded, or being a faggot, and I sometimes call it being a "babby."

>>876727
I HAVE SOUL OF AN ARTISTE AND

THEREFORE THOU WILST EXCUSE MINE TEMPERAMENTS
>>
>>876718
I think it's a bad idea in principle and everyone who gets away with it is just lucky. Because I'm old and grumpy.

You did it well, and since it doesn't look like any left because of the vote it worked out good enough. Sometimes power up selection doesn't go so well, or people just won't listen to reason and avoid powers that are just obviously better in every conceivable dynamic. Phasing. Other times it generates some extra discussion and people move on well enough.
>>
>>876580
>>Holy shit, i mispelled "baby" on purpose just to make a joke but, case in fucking point.
Babby is such an old meme
>>
>>876756
>/qst/ is not a market of any kind
I'll have to disagree here.
QMs put their wares on dsplay and hope to attain a regular clientele, lest they lose all interest and decide to close their shops
GMs are Walmart, QMs are you neighborhood general store.
One struggles to find worthy "clients", the other struggles to make ends meet.
We can pretend we are all doing this for fun, but it is disheartening to ride a two-people bike alone.

I am not a sane person myself, but i applaud you for being one and waiting to see if it is worth it.

Generally if, for example, i am given the options
>Male
>Female
And i choose male, while the rest chooses female, i'll still stick around to see if the QM can still make it interesting for me.
It is only when it falls into the "common trapings" of said choice that i decide to bail.
The thing is, some people would have left the moment their choice wasn't the one most voted for, and i don't feel like i am in any position to blame them or give them shit. Me staying is out of a misguided hope that maybe this time it will be different. It isn't, it never is. I don't complain, i don't bitch, i just close the thread and let them to their fun.

This is just an example, the "male/female" is rarely as bad as people make it out to be. Normally i don't mind playing either.
>>
>>876798
I know, i know "Babby formed".
It was by coincidence both me an anon decided to use the same "miswording"

I no longer think he is being entitled, he has made his point clearer, now i just disagree with him
>>
>>875367
http://boards.4chan.org/qst/thread/840133#bottom

Shifty and I are trying to get some sort of quest crossover deal going, and a mech quest like you described would dovetail nicely with Fleet 8 quest. Would you be interested in joining us?
>>
>>876849
>>876849
>>876849

Relic Quest is now live.
>>
I guess I just haven't been around the quest scene long enough to understand the general users temperament. Maybe because it's not the same as a small group, it's much easier for anons to drop participation in a quest.

Or maybe my experience with tabletop has given me a different opinions. I've had three groups which each lasted over 2 years, and generally there was never a problem with people whining about not getting what they wanted. This only ever happened to me 3 times. Each of those times it was with someone who had no experience playing tabletop, was a new addition to the game, and left shortly after.

It seems irrational to abandon something which generally speaking is going to take place over the course of months, and a minimum of 100 hours because any small number of individual choices didn't go the way you wanted.

Maybe the biggest reason more players aren't willing to make that investment on /qst/ because there are a large number of QMs that quit early.
>>
>>876902
That's because the effort to find a tabletop group and the effort to find a quest is so different it's not even on the same scale.

If I don't like a group I'm with I have to go find another group looking for players, playing the systems I like, with a schedule that coincides with mine, with people that hopefully aren't garbage.

If I want to find another quest I literally just press back and look at the catalog.
>>
>>876902
>because any small number of individual choices
Some choices snowball, anon.
Especially those within the chargen or the first session
>>
File: womp.png (22KB, 1003x363px) Image search: [Google]
womp.png
22KB, 1003x363px
>>876902
That's one reason. Another is that, in long term, small choices at the beginning can become defining traits for a character. And unlike a lot of tabletop it's many people playing or influencing one character, as opposed to each person getting their own custom murderhobo.

Throw in creative character interpretation and you can get 50+ posts (priorly 400+) on nothing but players challenging what is and isn't in character. And, this still happens even when the characterization is blatant.

And finally, there's pic related.
>>
>>876902
>Maybe the biggest reason more players aren't willing to make that investment on /qst/ because there are a large number of QMs that quit early.

I feel this is the real reason. People see character gen, especially gender character gen and think "flake QM". They think they see someone that hasn't thought things through and is going to cut and run when he actually has to start imagining things up.

Character gen hate is largely a meme though. I've done several character gens and its worked out fine. The people that will leave because they don't like what you generated are the same people that will leave once the meaningful choices start being answered. Don't feel like you have to court the fickle for approval.

>>876974
It is incredibly important to quickly establish the personality of characters as soon as possible. I try to make it so that everyone has an idea of what is and isn't possible for a character.

>pic related

The QM has some blame in this situation. Why is there a "jump off the cliff" option in the first place?
>>
>>877025
>The people that will leave because they don't like what you generated are the same people that will leave once the meaningful choices start being answered.
You keep saying this, but I feel the opposite.

The people who are willing to answer a form filled with barely impactful char gen options do jack shit when a meaningful choice comes up.
>>
>>877025
I always took it as more of an example for the principles rather than the situation. Because idiocy, trolling, and misinterpretation are interchangeable with any big vote for any sufficiently sized playerbase. Simply put, jump off a cliff a non-literal placeholder.

Obviously QMs should know the minimum of not offering a death vote.
>>
>>877025
Could you potentially get around the problem of gender in char gen my making the MC a Herm or a Futa?
/sarcasm

Thanks for all the input from various sources. I will press on and follow my dreams.
Touch The Untouchable
Break The Unbreakable
What You Gonna Do Is What You Wanna Do
Just Break The Rule, And You See The Truth
>>
>>877144
There is no recipe for success.
Just avoid the common pitfalls and don't suck. That is the only solid general advice that we can give you

Also, start with One-Shots
>>
>>877152
Yes. One-shot is very good idea. Have enough material for plot and go through the one-shot even with one player. It gives you experience for future questing.

If I am going to run mech quest I mentioned earlier I try to at least pull through and deliver you one-shot. Bad form if you just leave after character creation.
>>
>>876902
I'm sure that less QMs would quit early if there was more feedback/activity in their threads. Most of the non-fanfic, pre-10th thread quests feel like a goddamn boneyard, because it's just one or two people picking a prompt after a couple hours. Even if the QM asks for questions and comments, nothing.
I know, the players don't owe the QM anything. It's just nice to have feedback, so maybe the experience could be improved and made more enjoyable for the players.
That's what the newer QMs need; direct feedback in their goddamn thread so the players have a better experience. Help them help you. Instead of just having the entitled attitude of not saying a damn thing, then complaining when the quest is banal or not to your standards. It's not about one side owing the other, it's about communication.
>>
>>877152
There are plenty of quests that suck that meet with success. Just like there are plenty of quests that have uninteresting hooks that get plenty of activity.

There's no such thing as solid advice when it comes to quests, just a lot of players and lurkers misleading people who want to be QMs.

But maybe that's what /qst/ wants. Cull the inexperienced, and just let the household names run all the quests. Or maybe they just want to kill this board and end questing on 4chan indefinitely.

Who knows?
>>
>>877269
The last new QM I enjoyed giving advice to deleted their twitter. They were a good QM, and they actually applied suggestions. Even though they said they stopped having fun the writing was on the wall.

Unfortunately I can't make up for what others don't say, and people are so damn quiet here I feel like this is a monastery and not a board on 4chan. If good new QMs quit on me, should I really give two shits about the ones that can't even get basic grammar or structure down?

Chances are, I'll have already dropped or glanced over their quest before it's at a point that feedback will make a difference. I think that's the same for most people that hop in to get a feel for a quest and then scram when it's not their thing.
>>
File: tegaki.png (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
22KB, 400x400px
>>877269
>Instead of just having the entitled attitude of not saying a damn thing, then complaining when the quest is banal or not to your standards. It's not about one side owing the other, it's about communication.

This, oh god this.
It is a two way street. Qms should encourage banter and feedback while players have to pick up the ball and get discussing.

Theorycrafting, questions about the system and setting, discussion about the characters within the story, possible applications of powers and abilities, off-topic banter. Anything to make the thread more lively will also keep the QM motivated

Heck, we have a draw program tacked on the board to make shitty doodles with. Why not use it? It's not like people are expecting fucking Dali to show up and drawfag
>>
>>877338
I try to always get discussion going, especially at the end of a thread. I find you have to ask questions they want to answer though. "So what do you think?" Isn't going to get answers but "How do we rob the duke's treasure chamber" and "Ideas on why the dragon looked at us funny" will.
>>
>>877370
What quests are there that get that kind of regular banter?
>>
>>877370
We are still going to waifu the kaiju girl. you know that, right?
>>
File: qst-tan4.png (310KB, 600x1356px) Image search: [Google]
qst-tan4.png
310KB, 600x1356px

>>853693
>>853693
>>853693
>>
>>877324
same here. It's hard to give even a single fuck for the majority of these new quests when the ones where I provide actual feedback still have a less than 30% survival rate TO THREAD 2.

And it's always GOING to be "not my thing". I already made peace with that when I started making feedback.
>>
>>877386
Mecha Space Pirate
>>
>>877386
I try with mine, although I'm not often not as successful as I want to be (finding questions that create discussion isn't easy). My ghoul quest stuff tends to be pretty successful in generating discussion though.

>>877416
I'm curious about it. Do we have a dedicated mech or is it more like VOTOMS where we just use whatever is available?

>>877397
Even if she's Jet Jaguar+War of the Gargantuas made by a Frankenstein?
>>
>>877480
MSPQ is definitely 80s influenced, closer to the Gundam end of the spectrum, so yeah, we got a custom mech of our own. It is also fairly silly and fairly anime, just making sure you know before you read.
>>
>>877501
Does it have a crazy finishing move and does it involve a sword?
>>
>>877480
You said were had a diving supersuit and then presented us with a giant girl
We gonna go spelunking, man
>>
>>877513
Nah, closer to UC Gundam than G Gundam. Though one of our allies might actually do that.
>>
Hey I'm still new to hosting quests.
Can anyone tell me some of the text formatting commands?
>>
>>877562
ctrl+f "text formatting"
>>
>>877562
I want to punch your face into oblivion. You little shit.

The formatting tags are only available to OPs (thread posters) and are formatted like spoilers. Like so, (spoiler)text in here will appear black(/spoiler) or "ctrl+s", but with the parentheticals replaced by brackets.

[b][/b] for bold, [i][/i] for italics, and color tags are the same for [red], [green], and [blue]. Text goes inbetween have fun making 3000 character posts of eye-rape.

Eventually maybe one QTG OP will include the text formatting because the sticky isn't doing its job.
>>
>>877597
Oh sorry.
The sticky only says [b] and [i] instead of [b][/b] and [i][/i] like you said. I didn't know about the needed / so thanks.
>>
>>877522
Don't forget we're going to Atlantis to run into creature from the black lagoon girl, interpreted as a Dejah Thoris style warrior babe (although Tavia would be a better example from the actual book).

Would fish girl vs skreonnnnkkk girl be harder than angel girl vs vampire girl?
>>
>>877597
Text formatting is for fags anyway
>>
>>877662
Yeah basically.
>>
>>877653
>implying the ones we voted for angel weren't a tiny minority
>implying angel had a chance
>implying i am not still salty
>>
These fucking character gen arguments are fucking retarded and filled with the same tired WRONG memes.

Gender votes do not limit the size of your playerbase in any fashion whatsoever and not a single person has a shred of evidence to the contrary.

Unless you choose futa because of different reasons.
>>
>>877834
>single person has a shred of evidence to the contrary.

>Alan wasn't a girl
>DROPPPPPPPPEEEEDDDD
>>
>>877849
Funny thing is your comment actually proves my unstated point because I didn't have a gender vote at all and yet the gender of my MC limited the size of my playerbase all the same.

Who would have fucking thought that if players want a girl MC it doesnt matter if the QM or the majority chose the gender - they won't fucking play your quest.
>>
>>877854
>Funny thing is your comment actually proves my unstated point

Well it was more of a shitpost with no actual meaning behind it so take it for what it's worth.

Which is nothing.
>>
>>877865

Yeah I knew you were shitposting but I wanted a springboard to continue to vent about how people need to stop saying retarded opinions unironically in the general.

There are potential issues with char gen.

One of them is NOT player base/popularity considerations.

If you do char gen + fanfiction, guess what, you'll have a large fanbase.

If you do no char gen + original story, guess what, you'll probably have a smaller fanbase than the guy who does char gen fanfiction.

Fuck off with this stupid as fuck "Players will flee at the drop of a gender they don't like!" bullshit.

If someone doesnt want a female MC, they will not read your quest with a female MC. No one cares if the origin of that decision was the majority vote, the QM, or some homeless bum shouting shit through the QM's window.
>>
>>877906
>If someone doesnt want a female MC, they will not read your quest with a female MC
Checks out

>gender chargen has no bearing on this [paraphrasing]
There is either an error in your logic or the way you phrased it

--------------
QM is going to run a quest
Player A wants to play a quest with a male MC and will drop if said quest doesn't meet this criteria

If QM creates a male MC without chargen, then Player A will play
If, instead, QM creates a female MC without chargen, then Player A won't participate
>So far, your logic checks out

If QM goes instead with chargen, the MC can be male or female
QM goes thought with the chargen
Player A votes Male

If the mayority votes "Male" then Player A will stay and play
If the mayority votes "Female" then Player A will drop the quest
It stands to reason that Player A will show up to vote for gender at the start but it will depend on the mayority if he stays or not.

If QM had chosen "Male" from the start then there was a 100% chance that Player A would have stayed
If QM had chosen "Female" from the start then there was a 0% chance that Player A would have stayed
If QM had chosen "Chargen" then there was a 50% chance that Player A would have participated

If you count "players who looked around, never voted, and went away" and "players who voted, didn't get what they wanted, and went away" differently, then yes, chargen doesn have an effect on this.
>>
>>878080
>>878080

Lets say there are only two people on /qst/. One is a QM and the other is player A.

QM chooses to make the character Female and A doesn't participate. 0 percent chance of success.

QM leaves the gender decision up to A who chooses male. Player A participates. 100 percent chances of success.

QM chooses to make the character Male and A participates. 100 percent chance of success.

Lets say there are four people on /qst/. One is a Qm and the other three are players, two of which want a female character and one of which wants a male character.

QM chooses to make the character Female and gets two players. 2 out of 3 players acquired.

QM chooses to make the character Male and gets one player. 1 out of 3 players acquired.

QM chooses to leave the decision up to the players. The two players who want female vote female and then they participate. 2 out of 3 players acquired.
>>
>>876779
I'm actually lucky that they didn't role one of the more OP powers. Two of them were logia, and one was a Mythical Zoan.
>>
>>876779
>Phasing

It's such a fucking shame we'll never have the chance.
>>
>>878185
So, what you are saying is that chargen maximizes the amount of possible players by giving the mayority what they want?

This is also a simplification, we aren't taking into account the players that will tail out of the place once they realize there is chargen, or the ones that will stay even if they "lose" the chargen, or the ones that didn't get what they wanted and choose to stay and shit up the thread, among other "actors"

I think i understand it now, when you say that gender chargen is not an issue. or at least not the issue, you mean those players i lost were an inevitability because i was bound to lose players no matter what route i went into?
If that's what you mean i think i see your point now.

So what do you suggest? Is gender chargen yay or nay?
Because i was thinking of simply skipping that part of the chargen myself
>>
Females are terrible and I hate them in quests nearly as much as I do in real life.
>>
File: you're a faggot.jpg (140KB, 1000x900px) Image search: [Google]
you're a faggot.jpg
140KB, 1000x900px
>>878358
>>
>>878396
I don't want to fuck men I just hate women
>>
File: faggot identified.gif (150KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
faggot identified.gif
150KB, 500x333px
>>878399
You don't have to lie, anon, there's plenty of people that like other guys here so long as you look like a girl
>>
>>878399
>I don't want to fuck men
You are a lost cause
>>
I have a dumb question. How would one go about running a one-shot?

Obviously planning and avoiding common pitfalls is key, like anything else, but how do you know what's too short or too long? How do you generate interest for something people know isn't going to go past one installment, or rather how do you get people to take it somewhat seriously?

>taking quests seriously
Yes, you're funny and original and everyone loves you, but that's not the point.
>>
>>878487
Making the characters likeable quickly would be one way, how to do it is up to you to figure out.
>>
>>878324
>Is gender chargen yay or nay?

Honestly, here is the biggest issue I can see with gender chargen.

Do you know how to write someone of the opposite gender? Do you WANT to write someone of the opposite gender? What will keep you interested in writing the story?

Here's the overarching thing.

Anything you want to QM you could just as easily write a story about.

You can turn off 4chan, give /qst/ the middle finger, open a word doc and start pounding out exactly the story you want with all the cool things you want to write about.

But if you're here. If you're doing this. Then you MUST enjoy the collaborative elements of a quest, unless every single choice you offer the players you enjoy absolutely equally which is impossible so don't even try to sell me that bullshit.

Personally, the level of collaboration should be tailored to what will keep you providing the framework.

So in the same way that the GM or QM picks the system or setting, sure, you can pick the bulk of the story or the main character's profession, skills, gender, desires, love interest.

Fuck, anything is potentially off or on the table in terms of what players should influence but its entirely personal.

Anyone legitimately giving hard and fast rules about specifically limiting subjects to collaborate on because "players shouldn't get to influence THIS" or whatever has no fucking clue what the draw of this medium is.

You have to be able to run with what players are putting out and maybe that's gender for you. Maybe that's class. Maybe that's upgrade suggestions or tactics or dialogue.

Honestly, I personally think players shouldn't decide what the MC has for breakfast every morning but FUCK ME if I'm going to tell you not to let the players decide that because it will 'ruin' the blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

It can work. It can make their day when Apple Jacks continue to show up throughout the story because of their input in thread one. It can also be seen as such a stupid vote that some guy abandons the thread for such meaningless drivel.

Certain players won't like whatever it is you're selling and if your desire is purely profitability then there are a litany of tried and tested methods to ensure a sizable fanbase.

Yuri harem fanfiction blah blah blah. Maybe demographics have changed and yuri's not as popular with the questers these days, I don't know, but you can easily shift your quest to snare the largest bundle of crabs. Break it down and start it up brighter,cleaner, and more soulless than the version before.

The answer to gender chargen is do [you] want your players to decide the gender of the character.

If you want it then do it.

if you don't want it then don't do it.

If you honestly don't give a shit, then treat it like any other thing that you don't give a shit about in your quest. Which is also personal. Maybe you throw it up to a vote because fuck it you don't care. Or maybe you decide on it yourself for the sake of expediency.
>>
>>878677
I think what most people want is not to maximize the amount of players you could get with a quest.
They want to have the maximum amount of players that they could attract with their quest in particular

This is why most people here ask for "tried and true" rules and "dos and don'ts" that could apply to ANY quest.

I'll be honest, your approach of "Do what you think you can, and from within that, what you want" is pretty solid for advice.
It may be too general to be reliably applied to individual quests, but when we are talking of quests, most people don't think of them as a whole medium, but as a "genre" within traditional storytelling or TTgaming

I'll keep this in mind.
Thank you
>>
>>870464

So I want to do a Primarch Quest, set vaguely on a desert planet in the Space Middle East. What method of war isn't covered by the other eighteen dudes? Human auxiliaries? Drop-pod assaults? Armored cavalry? Using the most advanced wargear?

Because if I recall right, we have - Speedy assaults, terror attacks, endurance, stealth, treachery, magic, religious fanaticism, cybernetics, fire and forging stuff, berserk rage, vampirism, wolf vikings, the balanced approach to warfare in two different ways, knights, and being the best at everything, just the best.

Is no niche left uncovered?
>>
>>879036
Non-mechanized aeroamphibious assault. Cumulonimbus brigade.
Sploosh.
>>
>>879036
Samurai
Weaponized animals
Brainwashed spies
Torture and information gathering
Tunneling and sabotage
Mimicry
Diplomacy
Mind control
Artillery
Nuclear strikes
Orbital strikes
Naval warfare
space warfare
High orbit warfare
Mechanized combat
Aerial combat
idk
>>
File: 1479650928881.png (149KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1479650928881.png
149KB, 250x250px
>>879036
>being the best at everything, just the best
>>
>>879115
But that is Ultrabeakies.
>>
>>879036
I pretty sure Varangian guard type stuff is left unchecked

Maybe you lease a squad or two to Sector governors under some sort of "contract" I doubt many would pay a hefty sum or part with their family's treasured artifacts in return for being guarded by the emperors finest
>>
Any ASOIAF?
>>
>>879115
Is that a reference to something?
>>
>>879036
Politics? Demagoguery?
>>
>>878487
I actually think that running a oneshot will give you more players, not less. People looking for something short and sweet, not an investment.
>>
>>870464
>QM Question
Preferably with at least every other post if not every post. I'll usually use shitty photoshop and MS Paint skills on whatever deviantart shit I find lying around.
>>
>Player Question

Probably Dragonball Tuffle Quest. Currently getting back into reading it.
>>
>>870464
>QM Questions
Not a lot, if I have to I just use google, or zerochan or /c/ depending on what I need.
>>870464
Well, I lurk more than I play. So this is tough. Boruto Quest is pretty fun, I suppose.
>>
File: colt monitor (2).jpg (20KB, 547x410px) Image search: [Google]
colt monitor (2).jpg
20KB, 547x410px
Where Wolves Fear To Tread is back after a brief pause, brought about by shitty internet.

>>867329
>>867329
>>867329
>>
>>878399
Nah, I feel that.
>>
>tfw reading a quest and it suddenly becomes a retelling of the second arc of the dragonball anime
>>
Afternoon /qst/.

What's going on?
>>
File: Panzer Waltz German.jpg (2MB, 3508x2480px) Image search: [Google]
Panzer Waltz German.jpg
2MB, 3508x2480px
>>880187
Schteel, has your love of tanks ever made you try Panzer Waltz?
>>
File: 1453679404614.jpg (133KB, 904x640px) Image search: [Google]
1453679404614.jpg
133KB, 904x640px
>>880244
I haven't tried it myself. I figured it for a KanColle clone. Unfortunately, I did try KanColle but it got boring after a while. I even completely forgot Panzer Waltz even existed until you brought it up.
>>
>>880187
I'm working on writing an intro for my VampireQuest. I'm trying to basically take all the fun stuff from VtM, but none of the numbers or bullshit.
>>
File: 5.3.png (522KB, 600x851px) Image search: [Google]
5.3.png
522KB, 600x851px
http://anonkun.com/stories/the-paladin-of-avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/28-a-rising-shadow/8jBXrRko89FZoxwQd
>>
Back
>>868978
>>
>>880420
Will it be diceless, and if it will, how will you convey strength?
>>
>>880665
I like to use an intuitive system.
If he punches you and you explode, he is strong.
If he punches you and his hand breaks, he is not.
>>
File: lamplighter3.png (2MB, 1465x1313px) Image search: [Google]
lamplighter3.png
2MB, 1465x1313px
Lamplighter Quest returns!
>>880656
>>
>>880670
>and you explode
It's a bit late then
>>
>>880675
Exploding isn't the end of a TRUE vampire lord. That's like step 2, of 9.
>>
>>870464
A lot
Primarily google images and wiki pages

Probably Shadow Quest
That's like the only quest I have vague memories of enjoyment. Everything else has too much salt associated with it. Also the only quest I've ever finished besides Peter Parker Quest
>>
>>880187
Still trying to get RWBY quest ready once January comes.
>>
Is there any multi-character adventure quest?
The one where multiple player creates/pick their own character and do their own thing?

Or maybe a decent murder mystery quest?
>>
File: qst-tan7.png (220KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
qst-tan7.png
220KB, 600x800px

>>853693
>>853693
>>853693
>>
>>881496
His not wrong you know. /tg/ should've listened
>>
File: pol-tan2.png (234KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
pol-tan2.png
234KB, 600x600px
>>881507
I don't think anyone wants to say /pol/ is wrong after Trump won.
>>
>>881125
>multi-character

It sounds like you're talking about a skirmish game or a civ game.

I'm trying something like that in my slasher quests. Players play either the slasher/slashers or the survivors.
>>
>>876852
Sorry mate, but no, not now. I do not have experience on running a quest before and the quest premise is different to yours.

I wish you luck thought on your crossover.
>>
>>881623
Its all good. Good luck with your own quest.
>>
File: 1461788854894.png (265KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
1461788854894.png
265KB, 728x546px
>>881634
Due to a half week long fever turning into the flu and the upcoming winter month meaning I have more homes and apartments to insulate than ever Symbiote Quest is on indefinite hiatus until I can reclaim life

Literally
If I die remember that ass is infinitely better than Tits
>>
>>881655
>>881634
Didn't mean to link
>>
BTW when do you QMs usually start running? Do you just start when you have most time available or try to match the thread starter with most potential players on board like 6pm GMT+0

>>881655
That sounds like proper QM way to go.
>>
>>881658
Friday evening through the weekend, then whatever participation I can squeeze out after that.

I don't have enough players to do it otherwise.
>>
Yet another question. Not having followed /qtg/ or /qst/ meta after /qtg/ was send here, how much has the time between QM posts gotten longer/shorter from /tg/ period. I could imagine QMs taking their time now with longer bump limit and +1k extra characters.
>>
>>881862
My extremely redundant and exceedingly well-proofed double mitigated third-party sourced AAA+ verified fair trade guaranteed research has shown very clearly that old QMs generally take the same amount of time as they did before. Notable exceptions include Slowpoke Soma, Trainstationed Ouro, and Punished Trick.
Others are kinda slow or in between. Some are faster. Eh, that's all I got.
>>
>>881888
>Soma
Dead
>Ouro
Dropped his quest
>Trick
Who?

/qst/ is shit
>>
>>881937
Hence the title. Anyways, yeah basically.
>>
>>879631
It makes sense when you put it like that.

Still, it seems a little foolish to make a setting just to throw it away after the one-shot has finished. I know there's nothing stating you can't reuse settings, but I didn't know if there's some sort of taboo surrounding it.

I mean, if you keep making threads that say one-shot, but you keep using the same MC and setting, it's going to look funny; unless you're lucky and the readers don't have that much reading comprehension, but that raises a whole new set of problems.

I'm sure I'm over thinking this, but that other Anon's post about "make intresting ppl" wasn't really constructive advice, so there are still many unknowns about how to make a decent one-shot.

Unless, of course, "decent one-shot" is oxymoronic and I'm wasting everyone's time. I just don't want to make "lul so randum quest" #1024.
>>
>>881970
I could say that one-shots allow for feelers to see if the quest premise is interesting enough for proper full time quest.

I really hasn't seen a QM that is specialized on one-shots.
>>
>>881970
What if you used one shots to flesh out BG characters? You could take time to develop the MC's friends or something and then do a main plot of the MC.
>>
>>881990
That is possibility. I personally liked the Hellion Side-quests of Hellborn Quest and enjoy switching the pov when it is beneficial to quest.

This way you could prevent the cast clutter by giving more "screentime" to other NPCs by switching to them or by having them interact with controlled character.
>>
>>881986
>>881990
Both very good points, I should have thought of those from the beginning. Thanks, you two.
>>
File: Super Sub.jpg (41KB, 700x533px) Image search: [Google]
Super Sub.jpg
41KB, 700x533px
The Fleet 8 Quest oneshot enters overtime.

Come punch giant cyclopean fish monsters in their faces with giant metal fists.

>>882076
>>
Alright, testing tripcode and continuing on preparing background material.

It is surprisingly hard to find pictures of more rugged and realistic mechs without wandering into BattleTech territory. Most stuff I find is just too sci-fi for my liking.

Thread maybe bit later when Europeans start to wake up proper or when they get out of work/school.
>>
File: 2016-11-29_10-49-42.png (150KB, 1864x790px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-29_10-49-42.png
150KB, 1864x790px
Found you
>>
File: OP Mechanized Pilot.jpg (205KB, 680x857px) Image search: [Google]
OP Mechanized Pilot.jpg
205KB, 680x857px
>>882544
>>882544

First thread of Mechanized Pilot Quest is go. If you want mech warfare without going full gundam or sci-fi this is probably something you might like.
>>
>>882515
Heeey, wait a minute! This is just that old vore screencap!
>>
>>881970
Repeated individual threads worked for Accidental Idol ??? Quest
>>
File: Kaz's entire character.jpg (104KB, 650x500px) Image search: [Google]
Kaz's entire character.jpg
104KB, 650x500px
After over a week's break, Dark Gate Academy has returned with a new thread!

>>882695
>>882695
>>882695
>>
HEADS UP

Over on cripplechan, there seems to be a revolt between the BO of /quests/ and one of his BVs & the /cyoa/ BO. Lads in the Discord servers as well as those within Risk are flocking to the support of /quests/ BO. A lot of these QMs crossover between 4chan and cripple. This impacts some of us.

Stay safe in the great /quests/ meme war.
>>
>>882766
>the BO of /quests/
The what?

>one of his BVs
His who?
>>
>>882766
Quests were always kill on that site anyway, so who gives a fuck?

They should come here or go to Akun.
>>
>>882766
That place is still "alive"?
>>
>>870464
>QM Question
I use so much art, but most of it is just props like guns, swords, and other miscellaneous set pieces. I use character art sparingly since it's so damn hard to find a set of available art for one single character in a wide variety of expressions*. I do dedicate some of my folder to landscapes and scenic backgrounds, just to aid my prose.

*I've been downloading a lot of Japanese VN art, extracting character designs that I like and is within realistic proportions. Laborious, but it's just the way I am.

>Player Question
Don't really have time to play quests, sadly. Too busy between school and QMing.
>>
File: IMG_0471.jpg (54KB, 578x578px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0471.jpg
54KB, 578x578px
>>882766
>A lot of these QMs crossover between 4chan and cripple. This impacts some of us.

So that we're all those animu quests come from

Fuck off and let us die in piece so Modfag will let us return to /tg/ goddamnit
>>
>>882830
>implying the mod even reads the general

He's a spineless worm who doesn't care about /qst/. This is known.

>let us return to /tg/.

That's a laugh. Like it or not this is the hill we have to die on. There will be no mercy for us if the board dies. We'll simply be banned from every board.
>>
>>882779
>>882766
Not really. Suo did a pretty damn good job reviving it somewhat. One-Eyed was apart of the cancer that killed their older board, and Suo only brought him aboard for experience reasons.

He also lurks here and got Risk back to glory over here as well.
>>
>>882832
Unless y'know /qst/ gets such little traffic that it gets closed because hiro wants to save his hentai shekels
>>
>>882515
It is weird how we've come up with this super complicated identity for being someone who likes to fuck dudes up the ass or rub pussies on another vagina but when it comes to any other sex act suddenly its not about identity and completely about how you get off.
>>
>>882851
>moot tells hiro that 4chan will absolutely not make him any money
>hiro buys it anyway
>is surprised when the man who owned it for over 10 years is right
What the fuck is wrong with him?
>>
As someone who only went to tg for the quests I love qst.
>>
Metahuman quest. Hero or Villain? That's up to you. Come partake.

>>883029
>>
File: 21-twentyone.jpg (2MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
21-twentyone.jpg
2MB, 1500x1500px
Slice of life a touch of surrealist characters quest hosted on twitter.

https://twitter.com/ro3clothing
>>
Alchemcial Blade Quest will begin in three hours from now!
>>
File: Patent_pending.png (164KB, 1002x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Patent_pending.png
164KB, 1002x1002px
Modern Necromancy Quest: Redux is back from temporary Thanksgiving hiatus! Jump in and try to one up these game breaking fucks
http://boards.4chan.org/qst/thread/883824http://boards.4chan.org/qst/thread/883824883824
>>
> Player Question: Favourite Quest?
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Vedibere
Voidquest was some intense shit, I tell you guys.

Now, I have a question;
I want to actually run a quest,
I got all the preparations done, but I have a fear:

I want things to move along, and most quests seem to be moving at a really slow speed. Not like Voidquest, where we'd keep the thread constantly bumped overnight and things moving along fast.

My Question is thus:
Is this due to questmasters usually being slow and lazy shits?
the thread I want to run would be more fast paced, I got almost all my graphics prepared etc, and I'd like to inquire secondly: Which time of day - or day of the week - would be the one with the biggest audience and crowd gathering on /qst/?

thanks in advance for any answer :)
>>
>>883922
how fast are you talking? The problem is relatively even on whose side its causing it.

If it's 1 hour per update, including voting time, it shouldn't be too hard once you get 3 or more players.

If you're talking more like 30mins an update, it might be a bit more difficult to get the current audience to react faster.

But consistency is most important.
>>
>>883938
thanks. When I'll run it, I'll post an update within 30minutes tops, and select from the first three answers the (imho) best course of action.

If I'll do some graphics or drawings on the fly, it'll be a little longer (maybe), however, this won't usually by neccessary:
> Map will be on deviantart for everybody to download
> for the more tech savy people I'll have a maptoolz .cmpgn to download which they can use to look over the map (obviously on there will only be the starting positions of most everything going on. ofc everybody will be able to look at every army and faction and it's strength, however since theres more tha 2.000 units on the map alone, it'll only be usable as a visualization and overview help, and not really a metagame help).

the quest will be a low/mid fantasy medieval warlordquest,
players will get to chose one of three factions as their own and conquer / diplomance / pacify the land from there.

I'm answering slow right now due to being on GPR fucking S internet,
but I'll link to the map I've been boasting about as soon as my dropbox loads up,
so you can assess the truth of my ideas ( and wether I'm an idiot who's only talking big, maybe )
>>
>>883982
>select from the first three answers the (imho) best course of action.
Could be a disaster waiting to happen depending on the tone of the quest.
>>
>>883994
it'll be a rather serious tone,
and in doubt I'll just be ignoring shit responses.
Dropbox won't do with GPRS, but I had a link to an old version of the maptoolz campaign,
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wg8dlwndd2no6za/Die%20Wildermark%20Kampagne%2016-05-16.cmpgn?dl=0

oh, and dropbox just cooperated,
this one is the (as date of upload unfilled) new campaign,
with the new map:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g8g77bc2h7ipoze/Wildermark%202.0?dl=0

a WiP from back in September of the Map is here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ijs915azpbhbfuy/Darpatienkarte%2016-09-02.jpg?dl=0

> Consistency
will not be an issue for me, I'll be making the thread, say for example 19 : 00 hours european standard time and set an enddate for, as an example, 02 : 00 hours the same night, and then binge the thread :)
>>
>>870464
>QM question
Been trying to use more. Got a bit of character art collected, and I've been using the draw tool to make battles cleaner and easier. I'd like more character art, but it's hard to find viking stuff that isn't over the top.

>Player question
DAQ. However, I did enjoy Polite Society, and it's hard to say which I'd have enjoyed more if it had the 40-odd thread run DAQ did. Shame Maxim fell off the face of the earth just as things were getting interesting.

Also, Norseman Saga has a fresh thread up. Come kill some slavs with your fellow questers

>>884140
>>
Thinking of continuing my Game Of Thrones Stormlands quest after a belated absence due to personal shit. Is anyone still interested?
>>
File: alchemical_castes_by_meluran.jpg (126KB, 900x444px) Image search: [Google]
alchemical_castes_by_meluran.jpg
126KB, 900x444px
Alchemical Blade Quest is now up and running! Do you enjoy cyberpunk, magic in said cyberpunk, espionage, conspiracies, and high octane action of slicing tanks apart with sharp pointy objects? Then you make like it!

>>884133

Know about Exalted? Then you may tangentially enjoy this as it's set within the Modern version of it!

Mission 11 and 884133! Special dubs edition!
>>
Player question here.
Anyone know what happened to Occult Horrors Quest or 1940s Mech Quest? I really hope the QMs aren't dead, since those quests were A-grade.
>>
File: Simple_d6_3rd_ed_rules.jpg (449KB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
Simple_d6_3rd_ed_rules.jpg
449KB, 1240x1754px
qtg's 2 cents on simple d6 system for questing?
>>
>>884195
Doesn't really allow for a lot of variation, or scaling difficulties. Nothing outright wrong with it, but how well it works depends a lot on the quest you intend on running I'd say
>>
>>884227
iyo, what do you think it would work best with?
>>
>>884292
I'd say probably slice-of-life stuff that doesn't have a lot of combat or other skill checks. Probably use it sparingly to complement a very dialogue driven, write-in heavy quest

That's just how I'd use it, though, and both of my quests are very combative where I don't think the d6 would work very well
>>
>>884522
maybe bump them up to D10s?

>1-3
crit fail
>4-6
partial success
>7-9
Success
>10
Critical Hit
>>
>>884551
You still run into the same problem of not being able to scale it to different difficulties. There's nothing inherently wrong with that, but I feel it kind of limits the sort of quests it works for. I used d100 for a long time before switching to 3d10, those seem to be the most popular for most quests.

But I'm just some asshole on the internet. Do what you feel works best for your quest. What did you have in mind? Clarifying that first will help you decide on a dice system easier
>>
File: thief pic.jpg (352KB, 650x916px) Image search: [Google]
thief pic.jpg
352KB, 650x916px
>>884598
bunch of ideas floating through my head

the most reoccurring ones are X-men stuff or a thief in fantasy setting
>>
Just finished my metahuman quest for today. Any quest reviewers please go through and tell me what you think. Do not be gentle.
If anyone wants a Half-Decent read feel free to check it out also.

>>883029
>>
>>884653
>review
It's only been the first thread, senpai. Ask your readers for their 2 cents.
>>
>>884615
Both of those seem like they'd be very roll-heavy. a d6 or d10 could work, but it would have to be very narrative-driven, with a lot of write-ins being taken into account.

Or maybe do it like GermanSchteel's Fortune Hunter Quest, where it's more like a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure, with very little to no rolling at all? You'd need to be an exceptional writer to keep questers interested, though, and GS has run more quests than I've even had ideas for.
>>
>>884686
I am but it seems everyone dispersed when the action ended and the thread was called haha.
>>
>>884702
I've run so many Quests at this point that I'm honestly kind of disappointed I haven't written a book. It's actually kind of sad.
>>
>>882851
That still doesn't guarantee that quests won't be banned indefinitely.
>>
>>884889
Better do it soon before you use all the ideas on quests.

That'd be a shame
>>
>>884955
To be fair, I love to do Quests, and while ideas may sit on the backburner, that doesn't mean they'll be gone forever or be wasted on a Quest if I ever do write a book.
>>
>>884963
>gone forever

The one thing that keeps me up at night, and why I'm paranoid enough to keep a physical notebook for all quest data and details.
>>
>>884974
> tfw i don't keep any physical notebooks at all for fear of my family finding it and judging me for writing about cute waifus.

I tend to forget a few things but it's not all that bad.
>>
>>884889
That would mean you'd actually need a good idea that extends beyond generic girls doing generic things.

Then again, I suppose you could fill the YA novel section. Just like your quests, those tend to be low quality, you'll fit right in.
>>
File: 1479120847921.png (710KB, 576x864px) Image search: [Google]
1479120847921.png
710KB, 576x864px
>>884978
>Not having an iron lockbox for all of your most secretive possessions
>>
Look, QMing is an inherently nobler pursuit than publishing written works just to give some random schmuck buyer's remorse.

No editors getting in the way, nobody to tell you your ideas won't get passed third proofing, none of the bullshit. Just writing, audience, activity, no "and" here, it's for fun. People don't publish works for fun- they do it for survival because their chosen profession will starve them if they don't.

QMing>Professional Writing, and you cannot prove me wrong.
>>
>>884978
Reminds me when I had that chuuni phase when everything had to be EDGY.
>>
>>884994
We all go through that chuuni phase.

I went through much worse in my fanfiction days, eugh. The things I saw.
>>
File: BATMAN.png (156KB, 206x358px) Image search: [Google]
BATMAN.png
156KB, 206x358px
DC or Mahvel?
>>
>>885071
A confusing crossover of both.
>>
>>885071
>batman
>liking chocolate
>>
File: Kira is fucking terrified.jpg (57KB, 245x296px) Image search: [Google]
Kira is fucking terrified.jpg
57KB, 245x296px
>Finally finished my character selector prompt
>It's 920 words long

...help?
>>
>>885439
>choice 1
Put the choice halfway in that text wall.
Use the rest later.

>choice 2
Do it anyway, ya pussy
>>
>>885439
That is bit long. Nobody is going to read through that amd stay alive.

Just shorten it a lot and throw stuff from it at players when character development goes forward.
>>
File: linkle4.jpg (216KB, 530x945px) Image search: [Google]
linkle4.jpg
216KB, 530x945px
Would implementing character creation after a prearranged backstory be considered acceptable? I think I'm going to run my first quest in a few days time, but I don't want to go through the hassle of suddenly presenting so many options at a single time.

I was thinking varied preset characters at first, with deeper customization to come within the next few threads to make it seem more natural than a prompt of:
>male/female
>background
>power
>age
>motivation
>>
>>885725
>Should I do something that at least 2 people suggest doing every time the topic has been brought up for the past 6 months?
If you didn't get the sarcasm, yes, yes it is acceptable. Encouraged, one would say.
>>
>>885742
I don't read these threads, really. I was just asking for advice.
>>
>>885744
I was perfectly aware when I said that. The jab was directed at a variety of things that could be deduced from your question.

Might I suggest reading the pastebin in the OP? Or asking for someone to post the rookie bingo?
>>
File: rookie QM bingo.png (165KB, 600x675px) Image search: [Google]
rookie QM bingo.png
165KB, 600x675px
>>885749
Here you go
>>
>>885758
this the /qst/ updated version? Damn, I can't remember. Thanks for posting it though!
>>
>>885770
There's a square for tripcodes.

Gee I wonder
>>
>>885788
I know there's at least 3 versions floating around. Just forgot that the updated one actually has /qst/ in the header.
>>
Because of family related shenanigans I will start the second session of Mechanized Pilot Quest about two hours or bit more earlier than supposed.

So the old 4pm gmt+0 is now 2pm gmt+0 or earlier. I will have to do the family stuff at 7pm and I want you lot to have more playing time. Family stuff goes for 2-3 hours so after that I can continue as planned.
>>
Any Drawfags or editors willing to make me a logo for the main villain in my quest?
>>
File: Dumb Cat.jpg (41KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
Dumb Cat.jpg
41KB, 460x345px
>>885717
>this medium is majorly comprised of words, with a few pictures sprinkled in
>too much reading
>>
>>885904
>>885904

Session two of Mechanized Pilot Quest is here.
>>
>>885758
>Engaging the meta
>Bad
Don't come then to this thread complaining how your quests feel "All bussiness, no fun"
>>
>>885883
I am bored, what do you have in mind?
>>
>>885883
I can /gd/ something for u
>>
>>885956
>>885961

Just a simple logo for the corporation that is the main villain.
It's called PhanTech.
A R&D company that is producing metahuman soldiers and things like that.

You can make it look anyway you like, there's not shapes or anything associated with it so you have a blank slate to do whatever you want
>>
>>885758
>No Twitter
But it's by no means mandatory, right?

>Required Pastebin
All necessary information seems to be "too much reading" these days.

>Fanfic Quests
I don't like them either, but they seem to have the highest success rate here.
>>
>>882830
Quests are slow as fuck now, for better or worse. It was sink or swim on /tg/.
>>
>>885991
My quest seems to garner a good bit of attention. Probably because I'm a Metahuman fag. >>885991
>>
>>885991
A twitter isn't mandatory in the same sense that nobody can force you to help your players know when you're running.

A discord can serve the same purpose, actually. So can an extremely tight and reliable schedule with in-thread announcements. But people tend to find twitter more convenient for small things like "thread six hours from now" etc.

It becomes more convenient when trouble comes up and you can't post a thread, get autobanned for posting about the synonym for vehicle motors followed by a verb, when power is out and you've only got a phone, or even for announcing you're ded as fuck and quitting QMing foreverially. It's as useful as you make it, but not mandatory. Like grammar.
>>
>>885952
Engaging the meta in the first thread I generally unwise because you get a lot of people popping in just the shitpost.
>>
File: phantech.jpg (1MB, 1859x2124px) Image search: [Google]
phantech.jpg
1MB, 1859x2124px
>>885976
I thought I can make it better, but maybe you like it :D
>>
>>886055
That's perfect!
>>
>>886055
Why that logo is PHANtastTECH

hahahahah
>>
>>886068
Speaking of which.
The quest is back up! Come join us race to defuse a bomb.

>>883029
>>
>>886058
awesome

>>886068
hehe
>>
>>886055
>>886125
Holy shit, what else is there you can do?
>>
>>886161
what do you mean?
>>
>>885991
>Required Pastebin
The problem there is that you don't start off things with an infodump. It'd be like Stars Wars replacing their opening crawl with selling backstory pamphlets at the theaters, explaining the Jedi, the Sith, the Republic, the CIS, the Clone Wars, etc.

And I think the bingo chart is meant to be tongue-in-cheek, or at least that 4chan part-joking/part-serious/part-trolling kind of tongue-in-cheek
>>
>>886161
>>886172
oh you mean to the logo? in my mind it looked better lol.

anyway, if any of you wants some logos or something let know. a bit of practice doesn't hurt.
>>
>>886187
If you could make more I would love to have a little stock pile of them. There will be other organizations in the quest so if you want to give them a name and make a logo I can insert it in the story.
>>
>>886187
There is one thing, if you don't mind. It's for a military patch for a mercenary company called "Aegis Shroud" with wings embracing a simple heraldric shield.
>>
>>886194
sure. you can pm on twitter when u need more. i posted it earlier in this thread.

>>886197
k
>>
>>886204
Followed. Thank you!
>>
File: Joseph doesn't understand.jpg (110KB, 748x720px) Image search: [Google]
Joseph doesn't understand.jpg
110KB, 748x720px
Is it OK to include references to another media (anime, music, movies, books, etc) in a quest?
>>
>>886318
Well, yes. What gave you any idea otherwise?
>>
>>886318
As long as it's a homage and not just a clumsy quote, otherwise it comes off as forced.
>>
>>886321
>>886332
ty for the advice!
>>
What's up, /qst/?
>>
>>886476
Oh, you know, this and that. People actually seem to be having discussion, which is nice.
>>
>>886517
Neato, anon.

I'm just procrastinating before I gotta do the OP to KanColle so any topic of discussion is good.
>>
How many players do you lose if you kill the waifu
>>
>>886543
None of the ones that matter.
>>
>>886543
I lost virtually all of mine, so I killed my quest, started another then put that on ice for about 3 years then started a new quest which is actually going well.

That's how these things go. Or you could plan some bullshit carrot and stick resurrection gambit.
>>
File: 2014606-acclamator_ft.jpg (90KB, 600x272px) Image search: [Google]
2014606-acclamator_ft.jpg
90KB, 600x272px
Star Wars: Kuat Collection is back.

>>886555
>>
>>886570
>>886570

Session continues as planned.
>>
>>886543

I killed the waifu but then let the players save her moments later.
>>
File: aegis shroud.jpg (791KB, 1200x1571px) Image search: [Google]
aegis shroud.jpg
791KB, 1200x1571px
>>886197
tbqh with u family it was harder than I thought. let me know if you like it :)
>>
>>886587
Fucking beautiful man. More than I could've hoped for!
>>
>>886600
You're welcome.
>>
How did you guys like the New World quest and what can I do to improve it?
>>
>>884133

Alchemical Blade Quest is back up and running!
>>
File: jedi_guardian_by_adrian911.png (211KB, 969x806px) Image search: [Google]
jedi_guardian_by_adrian911.png
211KB, 969x806px
>>886872
>>886872
>>886872

Hey, Jedi Knight Quest is back! We've just met a pair of Echani siblings and are about to go Flesh Raider hunting.
>>
>>887171

One Piece: Shining Seas Quest 2 is happening now! Be there or be square!
>>
Norseman Saga, Vol. 5 is up and running again.

>>884140

Also, if any review anons would like to take a look at it, I'd appreciate the effort and the ass reaming my mediocre writing will get me
>>
>>870464
I'm the one starting the Assault Horizon threads.

Is there anything I could do as a Questmaster to make dialogue enjoyable and varied?

Another questions I want to ask is what is the best way to keep consistency? I'm usually pretty good but I sometimes make mistakes, especially when I have the main quest universe and the extended universe.

Link to the discord page for all Assault Horizon quests if you guys are interested.

https://discord.gg/bJRQ3Nb
>>
>>888969
"Different voices". Make them seem different even though its all you.

In one of my quests, the MC never uses contractions, even simple, common ones. she's is erudite and intelligent, with a slightly sarcastic sense of humor. Another chracter is easily confused, but would rather keep silent than embarass herself, so she tries not to tlk too much, and when she does it is in short, simple, easy sentences. Another speaks in a motheringly affectionate tone of voice, complaining lightly, speaking encouragingly, and never taking offense even when insulted. another speaks one or two word max, yet she emotes very well - little smiles, slight smiles, sad smiles, unnerving glares, disappointed clicks of her tongue, solemn shakes of her head, and wide eyed shock. Still another tries to contain her hyperactivity, asking quetions and answering herself, bursting into non sequitur monologues about the subject at hand, and overflowing with worry and good natured resignation towards the hopeless situations she's currently caught up in.

You make a varied dialogue by having varied characters to engage the dialogue with.
>>
>>888969
Focus on how they interact with other characters. No matter how weird the characters are they'll fall into familiar relationship patterns-young lovers, teacher and student, best bros, bickering siblings, etc. Remember that no one acts the same way around every person.

Remember good dialog takes two characters.
>>
Assuming that the writing and feel remains the same, do you prefer your quests to take place in a Sci-Fi, Fantasy or Mundane setting?
>>
>>870464
>QM Question
A quick google-search does well enough for an image directly pertaining to the immediate post more often than not.

As for art directly dedicated to the quest, there's been a few drawfag tidbits. I'm also looking at an artist friend to draw up a "squad portrait", though I don't really know how to explain it to him.

>Player Question
Starborn Quest was baller for the most part at first (dragged out a little later). But I generally prefer Nation-management stuff to some degree or another. Like Lord Quest.
>>
>>889139
I write and play and read to escape. Mundane settings are right out. Now, urban fantasies/fictions DONE WELL, KAMIDAMNIT are perfectly fine.
>>
My thread is at 438 replies on day 2 of running. Is it time for a new thread or could I run one more time before making a new one?
>>
>>889177
It might be beneficial to start a new thread. It is bit pain in the ass to read those ultra long threads in archive.

Also there is the benefit of starting a new thread at good point of the story.
>>
>>889183
Last thing that happened was falling asleep after a long day. So I think it's a good time.
>>
>>889183
conversely, there's the counterpoint of keeping one ultra thread alive until auto-sage, to then make a new thread right in the middle of some narrative or in the middle of gamenight - making it harder to join up and harder for newcomers to get into.

You should find a decent cutoffpoint, and then for the next session make a new thread, imho.
>>
>>889199
And that is what I did. I ended the last session to good spot and now I continue in new thread. Last thread was 130 posts long which is pretty okay size.

>>889210
>>889210
Second thread of Mechanized Pilot Quest is here. If you like warfare with 6 meters tall mech, this might be your cup of tea.
>>
In 30 minutes the next installment of Metahuman Quest continues.
If you're new I'd be happy if you deicde to take the time to read the story so far,

>>883029
>>
File: XS - could be cats.png (9KB, 593x412px) Image search: [Google]
XS - could be cats.png
9KB, 593x412px
>>886543
Less than if you cut off the MC's arm, I can tell you that much.

I lost no players that were worth having. I love my players.
>>
>>889247
Who did that review? I'd love one of the same type.
>>
>>889254
You want somebody to suck your dick?

I'll do it for a couple of beers.
>>
>>889271
Not really suck my dick but give the pros and cons to my writing. Tell me whats good and what should be improved upon.
>>
>>889275
If you drop me an email or something I'll send you a review. (Whirlpool Quest review is on hiatus until I finish reading it).
>>
File: Boats vs Lovecraft.jpg (244KB, 1080x739px) Image search: [Google]
Boats vs Lovecraft.jpg
244KB, 1080x739px
>>882076

The Captain of the ship trapped by the enemy within our own repair dock, and she's blocking our plan to combine our ship and hers to fight the enemy!

Can we resolve this situation peacefully while giant Lovecraft monsters slowly surround us?
>>
>>889290
What's your email?
>>
File: CwUiGWyXEAAsakb.jpg large.jpg (176KB, 966x700px) Image search: [Google]
CwUiGWyXEAAsakb.jpg large.jpg
176KB, 966x700px
>>889254
It wasn't a review, more of a "list these qualities of your favorite QM" nonsensical thing.

It was actually pretty silly all around to be honest.

Also, Ryukuza Quest now begins with one hell of a showdown.
>>889342
>>
What happened to that quest recently with the sheep herder who killed a man and now rides an elephant
>>
Are there any good warhammer quests up right now? Have there ever been?
>>
>>889632
any good quests?

No, there are no good quests.
>>
>>889632
I really hasn't seen that many Warhammer quest. Few of them appear, but they either doesn't last long or the quest is bit meh.
>>
>>889632
Most seem to fizzle out. Not sure why. My guess is because the main draw to Warhammer isn't role playing, it's wargaming.
>>
Modern Necromancy Quest Redux is up once more! Jump in for Fae politics and profaning of the dead!
>>883824
>>883824
>>883824
>>
>Finally type out an OP and get ready to run my quest this weekend
>My grandmother dies, her relatives are fighting over a large inheritance and I have to go out-of-state to deal with it

I'm really hating this fucking "QM Curse" right now /qtg/.
>>
File: Starships in Formation.jpg (538KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Starships in Formation.jpg
538KB, 1920x1080px
Episode 7 of Starcaller Quest is live after a week's hiatus! Come on over and enjoy some starship shenanigans!
>>890354
>>890354
>>890354

>>890284
I'm sorry to hear it, man. It seems like a death in the family can bring out the worst in people when inheritance is involved.
>>
Alchemical Blade Quest is back up and posting again!

>>884133
>>
>>890372

Yeah, and thats on top of the fact that my mother has been inconsolable over it from all of the guilt she had about their relationship (They split up and hadn't spoken in over 10 years, letc alone meet face-to-face)...

Fuck it, what are some fun quests to dive into right now /qtg/?
>>
>>891036
I mean..mine is okay.

N..not like I want you to read it or anything..b-baka

>>883029
>>
I'm back. QM Curse hit post-Thanksgiving, but I'm healthy again and I'll be running Magical Girl For Hire Quest exclusively for a time. Tomorrow at 1 PM CST.
>>
>>890647
Jesus fucking christ, this is some plagiarized shit right here.
>>
>>892137

The picture or the quest?
>>
File: 1476569094119.jpg (435KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1476569094119.jpg
435KB, 1280x1024px
>>892146
On the DA page, the artist had no inkling about the source material the commission was coming from and went at it blindly, kinda.

Source is pic.
>>
Black Company Quest is up. LT Prince might actually get some when he's done putting up with other people's shit.

>>892195
>>
>>892170
>Plagiarism
That doesn't mean what you think it means
>>
The Raiders next session begins with a question.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11783007
>>
Trick will return with a vengeance. Your bans can not hold back my power for long!
-Trick 2016
>>
File: sub_zero_by_noraht-d57ild8.jpg (202KB, 900x1367px) Image search: [Google]
sub_zero_by_noraht-d57ild8.jpg
202KB, 900x1367px
Mortal Kombat Konquest #8 is live!

>>893032
>>893032
>>893032

Today we play as Tundra, the son of Sub-Zero. Should be fun!
>>
File: 19c4776071d40a28fe82b22b0de08c1f.jpg (363KB, 1200x817px) Image search: [Google]
19c4776071d40a28fe82b22b0de08c1f.jpg
363KB, 1200x817px
We're live with another session of Starcaller Quest.
>>893067
>>893067
>>893067
>>
File: Hammerhead_corvette.png (175KB, 450x278px) Image search: [Google]
Hammerhead_corvette.png
175KB, 450x278px
Kuat Colle.

>>893285
>>
>>893818
>>893818
>>893818

Beleaguered Prince Quest is now live.
>>
Quick

I need the best way to unintentionally piss off my players

To avoid doing them of course
>>
>>893960
Say you're going to run one day, don't run, and then a couple of days later just be like, "I forgot lol"
>>
>>893960
complain about players taking 2 hours to vote and taking over 2 days to post the update.
>>
File: qst-tan3.png (175KB, 480x657px) Image search: [Google]
qst-tan3.png
175KB, 480x657px
Sorry to anyone that was following /qst/-tan Quest 2, but I'm putting it on indefinite hiatus.

I've been having a lot of work lately and been really busy, and when I did run I felt like I was just half-assing it since I was always tired. I could tell my writing skills were shittier compared to /qst/-tan Quest 1, and honestly I just wasn't having much fun. Plus, I felt like I was almost doing a complete repeat of /qst/-tan Quest 1 and wasn't doing the quest justice.

Maybe someday I'll come back and do the quest justice, but for now, it's on indefinite hiatus. I'm so, so sorry to anyone that was enjoying the quest.
>>
Alchemical Blade Quest is here for the wrap up of this climatic session!

>>884133
>>
METAHUMAN QUEST #2 IS BACK.
Join us for the best After Dark Quest this side of Generic Superhero Quest City.

>>892573
>>
>>870508
the creator stopped runnning it because they wanted to redesign the system, and they never got back around to continuing.
>>
>>870941
Yes
Not that difficult

Process:
Think about situation that would be interesting. Mercenaries? Secret Agents? Paranormal investigators? War movies? Go through it again. What would be fun to mess around in as a group of players, and alternatively, what would be fun to write a few scenarioes for?

I tend to think in terms of presenting an idea - "you are supposed to hold this part of the map, what do you do?"

Then go to "So what sort of theme are we getting with this idea". Superheroes aren't gritty or high lethality, so superheroes can't get shot and die instantly. Come up with a ruleset that accomodates the feel. Are we using dice? What dice system? What are we rolling for? What are we rolling? xd10? xdy? xd100? diceless?

xd10 is useful for quick resolution of tasks. xd100 has granularity (but not so much more than d10). Diceless is mechanistic, so that's interesting.

how much flexibility do you want players to have? how easy is chargen? conversly, how easy is it to die? What's the punishmnt of dying? And does it tie into the feel?

don't worry too much about any of it, but it's nice to have a reminder.

then give it to someone else and watch as they break your system apart.

it's not really difficult to get into at all, it just requires thinking of "this would be fun" and watching the havoc play out.
>>
So how about that anonkun podcast eh?
>>
>>896233
Yeah wow that EEE guy sure did a great job saving it haha

Good performance from Pally in the first one, and then Larro, Eld, etc in the second but man, that EEE. What a cool guy, yeah?

Great person.
>>
>>896472
oh put your trip on EEE
>>
>>896486
Okay sorry
>>
>>896472
>>896489
Wow, you're EEE? You really carried the show, man. Keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to next week.
>>
File: Saki&Akemi.jpg (36KB, 500x356px) Image search: [Google]
Saki&Akemi.jpg
36KB, 500x356px
New thread of Dark Gate Academy: Ryoji gets a phone edition!
>>896670
>>896670
>>896670
>>
File: Unit 77 (3).png (324KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Unit 77 (3).png
324KB, 600x450px
>>896805
>>896805

Mechanized Pilot Quest continues on session number 4!
>>
>>895939
>Superheroes aren't gritty or high lethality, so superheroes can't get shot and die instantly
A superhero blood bath sounds fun.
>>
>>896233
They actually did one? That went really badly last time they tried.
>>
>>896871
There's a ORE roleplaying game based around Supes in World War 2.

High Lethal. Pretty cool.
>>
>>896874
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLivZgmCi1A
>>
What's the haps, /qst/?
>>
>>896889
Trying to shamelessly promote my upcoming RWBY quest on other sites.
>>
>>896943
Neato. Always like to see RWBY stuff
>>
Metahuman quest is back for a short session before I work tonight.
Come join us in foiling evil, one broken nose at a time.

>>892573
>>
>>896871
Go and stay go Garth Ennis.

>>896875
Godlike I think it was called? It was pretty neat. I remember one mechanic was that when two rival superhumans square off their powers start to diminish. There were even a special class of superhumans called Zeds that didn't have powers but canceled other superhumans powers.

A remember a cool scenario involved fighting a super-fast sniper. Really neat. And there was a Japanese assassin that went through mirrors.

>>896889
Running Fleet 8's overtime quest. Finally started playing Hitman (it makes me miss Blood Money). I have a Christmas Party to go to this evening. All in all I'm really comfy.
>>
>>897052

I started my very first quest! :) Hopefully, possibly maybe somebody shall be interested in a questmaster who would post regularly and fast, who provides and creates maps and other visualization as necessary?

Well, maybe :) <3

Best regards, /qst/!
I do hope you're not as dead as it seems.
>>
>>897096
The one thing that always struck me as retarded was the idea that they put the supes who could still die to a sniper shot or machine gun fire into regular units to "disguise" them.
>>
>>897145
Most of my Meta heroes are pretty weak to conventional attack unless their powers can prevent it. My MC has Regeneration but a bullet to the head is still game over.
>>
File: sub_zero_by_keifus-d2y5qsj.jpg (80KB, 900x1135px) Image search: [Google]
sub_zero_by_keifus-d2y5qsj.jpg
80KB, 900x1135px
>>893055

Mortal Kombat Konquest continues for today!

>>893032
>>893032
>>893032

Oh, and,

>QM Questions:

Mortal Kombat art, and from any and all sources.
>>
We're live.

>>897334
>>
>>897495

live! adventure to start everything off!
>>
Running a session right now.
>>897775
>>
>>896877
>that one lisping autist who has never even ran a quest
Ouch
>>
File: Endless dumbness.gif (418KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
Endless dumbness.gif
418KB, 500x350px
Rolled 57 (1d100)

We back

http://boards.4chan.org/qst/thread/893364#bottom
>>
>>897810
Oh fuck, he's talking about raping ten year olds. I can smell his obesity
>>
File: 2.jpg (646KB, 892x890px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
646KB, 892x890px
>>
>>898861
>>898861
>>898861
Pokemon Island Adventure Quest is up and running
>>
Quest idea.

A quest where players main objective is to beat the QM.

And the QM's is to kill all the Player characters.

It would be like Slasher Quest but instead of players controlling both the Players rely on Write-Ins and Dice rolls to evade the (monster/killer/ghost etc) who is controlled by the QM?

The specifics such as abilities and players stats would have to be explained in greater depth but as a general idea how does that sound?
>>
>>899036
been done terribly before. Good Luck.
>>
>>870479
what quest was that? im guessing a /tg/ one because ive checked /qst/ frequently since it started and no quest ive seen had art that good.
>>
File: Xenofis.jpg (102KB, 521x907px) Image search: [Google]
Xenofis.jpg
102KB, 521x907px
>>899920
Predator Quest, ran in 2013.
>Three Claws has been stuck inside that Wei-Yu building for 3 years now.
>>
>>899036
Lots of blatant QM vs. Players quest have been proposed. So far, none have thrived, only just the subtle ones. Good luck.
>>
>>898893

>Trainer duo

>Only one pokemon

Uh?
>>
File: 1b56a041ecb36da384fbc95f91307ddb.jpg (620KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1b56a041ecb36da384fbc95f91307ddb.jpg
620KB, 768x1024px
The Raiders Part 4 continues with two gish assessing the capabilities of two younger gish, and the possibility of a duel....

>>900733
>>
>>899036
Isn't that just a game like floors?
>>
I will have to sadly cancel today's session of Mechanized Pilot Quest due to real life stuff. Next session will be next Wednesday 4PM GMT+0. Have I nice Sunday evening everybody.
>>
File: 0 Logo.png (494KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
0 Logo.png
494KB, 768x768px
Mortal Kombat Konquest kontinues!

>>901413
>>901413
>>901413
>>
File: Ace_attorney_logo.png (441KB, 2787x1807px) Image search: [Google]
Ace_attorney_logo.png
441KB, 2787x1807px
Time for A Turnabout!

Ace Attorney Quest Trial 1-1 is up now!

>>901429
>>
SHIMIGAMI SAVANT QUEST LIVE AND RUNNING.
>>901636
>>
Get ya Rassclot punnany in here

http://anonkun.com/stories/symbiote-quest-20/nLFhaigrSfd8Kdqfr/issue-9-spring-cleaning/6v87EiK6hETfyxwif
>>
Does anyone know what quest Eail runs on Anonkun? If he even runs on there, thought I heard he did.
>>
>>902192
He runs a thing called WAR MAKES MONSTERS that is a derivative of a game called "Operation: Darkness"
>>
>>902207
>Ditches his semi decent quests and starts another one
Okay, guess it was too much to hope he would continue his other ones on Anonkun. Thanks man.
>>
>>902248
>>Ditches his semi decent quests and starts another one

Hey man fuck . . . oh you're talking about Eail. Yeah. what a . . . cuck or something.
>>
File: Profilepic.jpg (137KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
Profilepic.jpg
137KB, 736x736px
Resume:
>>>>893364
>>
File: 1463076797356.jpg (1018KB, 1500x2168px) Image search: [Google]
1463076797356.jpg
1018KB, 1500x2168px
Hi, /qst/.

Anything cool going on?
>>
>>902452
It's snowing where I am, so it's literally cool.
It also means that I wasted time when I was supposed to run because I was doing doughnuts in an empty parking lot.
>>
>>902585
> tfw it's not snowing here.

I would prefer to be shoveling snow over raking leaves, goddamn.
>>
>>902248
Eail's got issues mate. Kinda like Whiskey don't expect him to finish anything before some stupid shit comes up that causes him to drop/indefinite hiatus his quests.
>>
>>902595
Leaves are nothing. At least the weather leaves drop in isn't -40.
>>
File: 7.1.1.jpg (633KB, 1000x1236px) Image search: [Google]
7.1.1.jpg
633KB, 1000x1236px
>>
>>902627
Yeah, but for the most part, snow melts itself after a couple of weeks or so even a month. Leaves, you gotta bag them and that gets all kinds of shit in your throat.

Plus, snow is comfy. I'm a winter kind of person
>>
File: 1255907846.jpg (324KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1255907846.jpg
324KB, 2560x1440px
>>902612
>Whiskey
Why did you have to remind me of what could've been
>>
Pilot Quest will be running in 1 hour's time.
>>
And we're back with another session of Starcaller Quest! Today we're pilfering loot from a war wreck.
>>902727
>>902727
>>902727
>>
>>902656
It's better this way. At least you remember it fondly since it's gone. If there was any indication from those last few threads it was going to shit pretty fast if it continued.
>>
File: F-14 hanger (4).jpg (56KB, 720x489px) Image search: [Google]
F-14 hanger (4).jpg
56KB, 720x489px
Pilot Quest is running right now, with a drunken start!

>>902973
>>902973
>>902973
>>
>>903183
>>903183
>>903183

Relic Quest is now live.
>>
Shipgirl Commander session running.

>>903313
>>
Alrighty folks! I'm running another Changeling one-shot in New Avalon (you may remember it from King of New Avalon Quest) - Scarred By Thorns Quest - following a freshly-escaped Changeling as they come to grips with their new life.

Come on in!

>>904794
>>904794
>>904794
>>904794
>>
File: 1479120450293.jpg (554KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1479120450293.jpg
554KB, 1000x750px
The Raiders continues with rest-time for Akko and interrogation time for naked githyanki girls.

>>905340
>>
The number of people who think /qst/ means 'requests' is too damn high.
>>
>>905541
What could you possibly mean by that?

I do remember someone making a thread that was basically just him asking someone else to run it. And another making a fetish quest and asking for someone to make a story for the cast.
>>
>>905576
For example, just a few hours ago there was a thread requesting help in setting up someone's phone number with telemarketers.

Before that I remember several more, including a call for a Twitter raid and a request to write poetry for OP's girlfriend.

I don't even know at this point if those were trollposts or there actually are people that don't read even a single thread title before posting.
>>
>>905761
There's a fucking question about D&D on the board right now.
>>
Last part of thread 3
>>893364
Thread posts: 470
Thread images: 93

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.