[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civilization Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 8

File: Ab879um.jpg (7MB, 2880x8640px) Image search: [Google]
Ab879um.jpg
7MB, 2880x8640px
Three votes for our race, three votes for our place.
>>
>>870133
Kech
Forest
>>
Undead.
Underbelly of a city.

Mannimarco simulator 2016
>>
>>870133

Skum
City Ruins
>>
>>870147
If it's permissible to the other two of you, could we go with this one?
>>
>>870150
roll for them
>>
>>870153
Literally orchestrating a zombie apocalypse.
VS
Monkey Archers.

Come on dude.
OP you can just make the call, it's your thread.
>>
>>870150
go and roll
>>
>>870156
Why don't you just vote for one
>>
>>870150
Kech
>>
Undead
Underbelly of a city
>>
>>870133
Kech
>>
50/50 roll for Furfag archers or Fantasy Dawn of the Dead.
>>
>>870174
Huh, turns out phone posting doesn't change tag
>>
Kech
>>
>>870174
>>870176
>Trying to same fag
>>870175
>Actually thinking it matters
Undead has been overdone to hell
>>
File: received_1280811585315195.jpg (98KB, 1439x1997px) Image search: [Google]
received_1280811585315195.jpg
98KB, 1439x1997px
You already voted.
This is just sad.
>>
>>870177
>>870161
>>870142

Triple Kech conformed

>>870147
Eat a dick undead fag, go join one of the other 4 undead civs
>>
>>870180
At least I'm not a furry. And not a single thread I've seen has been umdead and this one didn't even include the unseen.
>>
>>870181
Stay salty mate
not a furry, I just enjoyed rise of the planet of the apes
>>
They laughed at you. When you told the university of your discoveries, they looked at you like you were naught more than dirt under their boots. They threw you out of the dormitories, chased you from inns and laughed you down, down into the sewers. You dwelled in a cistern for a long while, fearful and weak, like a rat, experimenting and practicing your simple theory. Far beneath it all, under covers of rotting moss, with your only companion the rushing water of the pipes, you forged onward.

First it was mushrooms, and a rat. You were elated one morning as you managed to draw life from these mushrooms and force it into the rat. The tiny, scampering mind of the creature had collapsed into the underworld, but it's body, it's bones, still held together like a marionette at your fingertips. Once the rat had been born anew, you set about working your magic on larger creatures. A stray dog, fed by a horde of rats, then a crocodile hatchling, and now, finally, a man.

You found him lieing still beneath a grate as you wandered in the dark. Your bony fingers reached out for his comatose throat and you tore the life from him, so eager to demonstrate your theory. You carried his corpse back to your quarters in the depths, wrapped in the grey-blue robes of an acolyte of the church, and laughed with glee as you felt his soul depart for the underworld, leaving you with the energy of his life flowing through your veins like ichor.

You place your hands upon his torso, your strange, half talons digging into the spaces at the base of his neck and collarbones. You force your hand into the opening and reach down through, behind the ribcage, clutching your hand around what you think was his heart. You mutter a few silent catechisms, and feel the hunk of muscle begin to beat. His muscles pulse and clench as if he were drowning, and his eyes turn dark black. You raise your arm from him, viscera staining your blackened robes, and he rises to his feet, steady with the care of your command.

They laughed at you. Now, as you feel the ichor of another life flow through your veins, as you feel his breath come forth in ragged, rhythmic pulses, and as he bows at your every command, you know that they shall pay.

>What is your first step towards your triumphant rise from the sewers?
>Stats incoming
>>
Oh yes. Based OP is Based. Get fucked furries.

>We need to kill rats, raise them under our control and use them to scout the sewers for us.
>>
File: 1453913114768.jpg (371KB, 964x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1453913114768.jpg
371KB, 964x1200px
If you don't like Undead, then by all means, I don't intend to force you to stay. I hope you can appreciate a good civ thread either way, but it's up to you.

>Stats
>Population: 1 Necromancer (Choose a Name), 1 Zombie (Human, Personal Control)
>Quarters: A simple camp in a stone Cistern
>Magic: Life Drain (Simple), Life-Force Manipulation (Simple) (Books are needed for advanced techniques)
>Resources: Rats, Sewer Fungus, Sewage, a Human Corpse with slowly rotting flesh.
>>
>1 Action Per Turn, Roll 1d20 for actions, 1d100 for Research and Magic.
>>
>>870197
rotting flesh, does that mean they slowly decay and die?
>>
>>870203
Bones can be controlled with life force, you discovered this in the process of reanimating rats that had already been eaten.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

Our Necromancer's Name: Nerivar Vitoldi.

We should also probably take the clothes from this guy so we can disguise ourselves to travel into the city and buy some books.
>>
>>870205
do the mentioned zombies work like the ones out of the walking dead?
>>
I think the zombies will just eventually become skeletons. So not zombie apocalypse, Skeleton War now.
>>
>>870210
No, it's not a disease, it's magic.
>>
>>870186
>>870191
>>870212
>>870209

I agree with blue use hes clothes to go acquire some books tho money might be a problem.
Can we also find a small abandoned area to set up a cult to try and recruit some budding young necromancers
>>
>>870219
It said we came from a college so we have to know maybe a couple people who are interested in the art, unless necromancy isn't a well known branch of magic. Once we are in the city we should locate a hospital, graveyard or anywhere else we can find some easy dead bodies.

Is the city openly hostile to us?
>>
File: 1438378818814.png (5MB, 990x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1438378818814.png
5MB, 990x1400px
>>870209
The Acolyte's robes are a common sight in the city, and you quickly take them from the man, washing them in the cleanest water you can find. The clean cloth is much more pleasant than the dirtied, ash-blackened rags you had been wearing. Your new thrall gives you the chance to leave the camp for a much longer time, any of the strange things and people who make their homes in the depths will likely be scared off by the sight of your new servant.

In the clean acolyte's robes of blue and grey linen, and your old black-leather boots, you walk up through the winding tunnels, all the way to the uppermost channels. You occasionally have to duck into alcoves to avoid patrolling watchmen, the hobgoblins and half-humans wandering past you in squads, guarding the city against the darkness below. You overhear what news you have from these men, the tales of the patricians of the city, of disease and starvation, among other tales of bar fights and affairs.

You eventually arrive at your exit point, a ladder that rises up into an abandoned basement. You clamber up the ladder and then up into the ruined house above, before emerging into the streets. The sunlight is stifling to you, and you are left blinking in confusion as you take your first steps out into the crowds. The city of Patriae is split into many districts, and teems with all manner of races.

You can observe orc mercenaries, agents of the rich, marching in their own squads and scything through the crowd, Trox in cages, beggars weeping over wooden bowls, and even the odd, scattered genasi, their elemental bodies scattering halos of the elements through the masses.

You wander through the markets for a long while, until the sun begins to fade behind the horizon, without finding any book shops, or even any writing supplies. You feel as if there is nothing left to do and begin to head back to the ruined house. In the darkness, you wander down through the sewer tunnels, and enter into your camp.

You awaken the next morning with a yawn, and then a screech of confusion. A corpse lies upon the table you use as a writing desk, freshly killed. It's a single guardsman. You find your thrall a few minutes later with a crossbow bolt in his torso, and blood all over his hands. If only you had the life-force to awaken it. You think for a moment and the realization dawns on you that your thrall must have taken this watchman from the upper tunnels. He may have been seen.

>New Turn
>>
>>870222
The city is not really aware of you as an entity. You are a little monstrous looking at current, long, talon like nails, very pale skin and blackened eyes.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

Let's masturbate on the corpse and use our life energy to reanimate it.
>>
>>870230
Explain how we animate beings?
>>
Lets see if we can take the life energy from the moss around us and put it into the body. Plant life is all we have at the moment.
>>
I think this is where we should implement the previously mentioned idea of getting undead rats to scout the tunnels
>>
Rolled 65 (1d100)

Lets see if it'll actually roll this time. For bringing a dead body to life and our rat army.
>>
>>870243

1d100 is for research, you need to roll a 1d20 for actions.
>>
>>870237
A being requires three fundamental elements. The body, the flesh that has been shaped for them by the gods, or by a particularly determined wizard is the receptacle for the other two elements, while the Life-Force keeps the body moving. A life force is what allows muscles to tense, that allows the fundamental movement of creatures. The third element is the Soul, the power of the gods which is granted to a being. A being's mind and character is held in their soul, along with their magical abilities. You have heard tell of wizards capable of manipulating the soul, but the manipulation of life-force is much more common. Healers often use their own life force to heal others. You have learned to use the life force of others to do so. This is not accepted by society because it is against the will of others in most cases, and it is considered a disgrace to animate a body without a soul. The only other mages with anything similar to your ability to manipulate life are Animancers, golem-crafters, who take life force from other creatures and use it to control non-animate matter.
>>
>>870249
1d100 is also for magic
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>870230
Lets see if we can take the life energy from the moss around us and put it into the body. Plant life is all we have at the moment
>>
>>870234

Is this remotely possible?
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

>>870230
Let's try to see if we can infuse necromantic energy into the mushrooms
>>
>>870256
no
>>
>>870249
I thought 1d100 was for magic too.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

Rolling for resurrecting some rat scouts
>>
Rolled 89 (1d100)

>>870257
Support let's see what happens if we try and put necromanctic energy into plant life.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

Rolling for experimenting with our life-force manipulation on mushrooms
>>
File: tumblr_nbmywsTIVS1thxsmlo1_1280.jpg (258KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbmywsTIVS1thxsmlo1_1280.jpg
258KB, 1280x718px
>>870243
Rats swarm in the sewers. They are universal in their shuddering, squealing abundance. They devour the books of mages and the flesh of abominations, and all things in between. It is no real difficulty for you to find a nest of them. Once you find it, you equip your thrall with the heavy mattock of the watchman, and order him to shatter the decaying cobblestones, collapsing the nest. The sudden symphony of tiny deaths is akin to a beautiful music, as you feel your heart pulse with more and more energy. You can almost feel it flowing through the air, and the small, smoke like wisps of their souls drift away into the darkness. It takes far less life energy to move a dead rat then a living one, as the corpses needn't shudder and sprint over one another for food any longer.

You raise a hand in fascination, and the swarm of fifty or sixty follow you to the cistern, their flesh already sloughing off them to save energy. They stand silently as you manipulate their now departed energy into the corpse of the watchman. In the same way you awoke the acolyte, you awaken him, reaching through to the heart and channeling the energy of the rats into him. He darts up to his feet, hopping and shuddering like a rat, his goblinoid cheekbones ruffling under his dead, black eyes. Clad in chainmail and thick leather, with his shaking, bony hands holding onto a small crossbow.

Your horde grows.

>New Turn
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

Lets swarm a couple people with this rat horde. See if it has offensive capabilities. We will come back to the Mushroom magic later.
>>
>>870273

There just went half the marketplace.
>>
File: billy-machin-improvement.jpg (279KB, 1286x2000px) Image search: [Google]
billy-machin-improvement.jpg
279KB, 1286x2000px
>>870273

Pulvius Curio led his squad s bravely as he could. He kept himself clean, prayed daily, and spoke in a clear, commanding voice that demanded loyalty. His broad shoulders bore a suit of crimson red painted plate armour, and the men under his command looked up to him, as a half giant standing at eight feet tall. As the men walked through the darkness, they paused occasionally to relight their lanterns and to take long drinks from their canteens. Quadratin, the hobgoblin crossbowman ducked out into an alcove to relieve himself.

As the squad readier to move out, they waited for the hobgoblin. In the darkness, Quadratin closed his eyes gently, for the last time. Silent, bony feet and claws landed on him, and before he could scream they began to bite, ripping away not just the skin of his throat, but all the flesh too. By the time he could think, his flesh had almost been stripped from him and mown into a thick meal by teeth incapable of eating. The skeleton rose to his feet and bounded forwards like a savage into the tunnel. His confused comrades looked at his devoured frame in horror for a moment, before he leaped forward, his armour and body-weight carrying him like a pouncing beast into the chest of Pulvius, sending the larger man sprawling. Once he was on the ground, there was no hope.

He fought like mad, slamming great, armoured gauntlets into the bones of rats and corpses, but even his great, bullish strength would not hold long enough. The rats ate in through the leg holes of his armour and burrowed through him until his horrified eyes, wide with fear and pain, finally rolled back into the darkness. In his last moments, his prayers rose just far enough to save his soul.

The four other humans met the same fate, some running, some fighting, but all dieing. Their corpses are borne back to the cistern, and the four humans find themselves rising at your command.

Pulvius, however, his piety shrouding him, remains, with his soul in his body. He is dead, but his mind, his person remains. You raise him, and his eyes roll forwards once more, showing the depths of his bloodshot, blue eyes. You move your hand and raise his limbs, leaving his head surprised. He seems to be aware of himself, but not under his own control.

"W-what have you done to me? Where are my men?"
>>
>How do you Respond?
>>
>>870296
>>870316
gave them life beyond life
>>
>>870323
I've^
>>
>>870323
"What in the god's name do you mean? You killed them! You mad-man, you killed them! You killed me! I saw Quadratin, he was devoured! What kind of life beyond life is that? I can't move! Why can't I move! You monster, you bastard! Gods devour your soul you hateful bastard!"

You feel your control over him shudder as waves of his fury wash through his veins. Giants are a powerful race, and you cannot be sure of total control over him at current without some change being made. The others are easy, but the primal energy of the commander is almost uncontrollable.

>What do you do?
>>
"I've given them life beyond life. You are special it seems, your soul is still bound to your body though I pull the strings. I offer you an ultimatum, become a general in my growing army that will one day overthrow these fools who hold themselves so high above me. Do this and I will grant you free control over your body. What say you?"
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

So roll to persuade I guess.
"Haven't you ever been mocked? Made a fool. Disrespected? Don't you want to get your revenge?"
>>
>>870341
"A general? You're insane! There are thousands of guards up there! You'd be vaporized in moments. I've seen what the wizards can do, and believe me, whatever you're doing here is nothing to them. I'd sooner die than serve you, if only it didn't give you my body."

He swallows deeply, his throat coated in cold sweat

"Tell me why you're doing it. Why did you have my men devoured by monstrosities?"
>>
Someone save my shit roll.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

He doesn't have control over his body as of right now and his head is causing a ruckus. Rolling to order our boys to decapitate him and see how that works out
>>
>>870358
I was beat out of town laughed at i want to prove i can be better than them and make a better world
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>870361
SUPPORT.
The headless half giant.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>870363
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>870363
plz
>>
>>870371
Enough with your incessant rolling, pussyfart
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

"I'm hungry for power and I enjoy killing people. You wanted an honest answer, you've got it."
>>
>>870374
come on a headless giant zombie how retarded is that i'm sure op will make the right choice.I bet your one of the butt hurt furry fags
>>
>>870379
Headless Giant is an awesome idea. That sounds so fucking metal. If anything you're butthurt right now because your roll didn't work out.
>>
>>870379
You're right. The better idea is to bandy words with the giant that will then eventually regain control of his body and rip us to fuckin shreds. This way we can use the body and not have to worry about him breaking free
>>
>>870388
but we need a commander not a mindless puppet ever played lich quest
>>
>>870388
he could work with us not every thing needs to end
in violence
>>
>>870393
We can find someone at a later date who's a little easier to control and can't rip off our arms.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1477523138763.jpg (15KB, 384x355px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1477523138763.jpg
15KB, 384x355px
>>870400
>Not everything needs to end in violence.
>>
>>870400
We can find a different commander. But it's over if he pounds us to dust right now because the filthy necromancer lurking in the sewers is more concerned about motivational speaking rather than taking a logical approach and trying to just survive
>>
>>870411
>>870413
I guess having a mindless brute is better than being dead
>>
Did this die, I hope not...
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.