[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wild Wild West

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 3

File: Cowboy.jpg (54KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
Cowboy.jpg
54KB, 450x300px
It's July 18th, 1863, the middle of the American Civil War. Countless families have been torn apart and destroyed by the war, and countless more will have the same fate before the war ends.
But of course, that isn't your problem, now is it? After all, you are on your way to the Texan town of Goldsdale, a quiet little town of no strategic value or importance.

But before we go any further, what is your name?
>>
>>868785
Jonathan Irons
>>
>>868785
Jason Alexander Silvers

Cursed with a very cute girlish face and thus got into many a fight while growing up because of it. Puberty did not provide us as much salvation as we hoped as while we DID become quite tall we never lost the girlish face. Now we just look like a really tall and fit one.
>>
>>868858
I like the backstory, but I don't know how I like the girlish face. Seems like it could get us in shit in the wild west
>>
>>868855
This

>>868858
Nigga that's gay
>>
>>868855
+1
>>
>>868785
Harlan Cavanaugh
>>
>>868855
Well Mr. Irons, you may or may not know this, but Goldsdale has a bit of a reputation - it's quite the place to hide for a man on the run.
Are you running? Well, there isn't much else explanation for you going there, so it must be that.
So what are you running from Mr. Johnathan Irons?
>>
>>868881
I merely suggested it as its both amusing and would explain why we were so good at fighting. You don't grow up looking like a girl while being male and not learning how to kick some serious ass back then.

Its a necessity.

Also helpful for disguises and by working out more we can get closer to escaping the girlish look.
>>
>>868917
Well it wasn't really my fault really. I mean the man agreed to a fair duel. How was I supposed to know the guy was the brother of the mayor? He was the drunk one out of the pair of us.
>>
File: tucobath.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tucobath.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>868917
>So what are you running from Mr. Johnathan Irons?

Do you really want me to list everything?

>>868921
fag
>>
>>868921
I see what you were going at man. Don't worry, I do like the fact that Jonathan has been used to fighting. Maybe he was in the Civil War when he got in a shootout
>>
>>868928
Well, you wouldn't be the first man whose come to Goldsdale for such a reason, but you may be the first one to be sober when you did the deed.
You'll be in good company there.

It's rather nice out tonight, not too hot, nor too cool. Perfect weather for riding. Of course, the wolves also like this weather quite a bit. At time like this, you are rather glad to have a weapon about you.
Say, what sorta weapon you carry anyhow?
You can tell quite a bit about a man by his weapon.
>>
>>868961
Well that would be the Remington Model 1858, trustworthy, and won't stick out in a saloon

Unless one of my fellow compatriots has another suggestion for a fine revolver of the time
>>
>>868983
Voting for this
>>
>>868961
12ga coach gun, brace of Colt Walkers, and a bowie knife.
>>
>>868961
Colt's New Model Revolving rifle
and duel Remington Model 1858
And bowie knife
>>
>>869003
I forgot we could have more than a pistol. I vote for my pistol, the bowie knive, and Remington Model 1858>>868961
>>
>>868983
>>869001
>>869000
>>869003
How about a happy medium?
Two Remington Model 1858s, a 12ga coach gun, and a knife?
>>
>>869015
I will never compromise on Colt Walkers
>>
>>869015
Ah, I do like the dual revolvers. I could agree to that
>>
>>869015
Get the duel Colt Walkers Bowie Knife and Colt's New Model Revolving rifle
>>
>>869015
I'm happy with this set up.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>869028
Alright, I'm going to roll a d10, if it i greater than 5, we will go with yours, if not we will with the other one.
>>
>>869028
This
>>
>>869035
The die has spoken! Back to the story!

Well, that's quite a few guns for one man. Don't worry,I don't judge.
Besides, we don't have the time to talk about your overcompensation, after all, that's Goldsdale right there on the horizon. Before long, you'll be sleeping in a comfy inn rather than the hard ground, possibly even bathing at some point. But before that, we have one last thing to take care of...

Skill Points! After all, we can't roleplay without setting up our character can we?
Your current skill levels are:

Strength-1 (Affects Melee, Intimidation, and Carry Weight)
Dexterity-1 (Affects Ranged, Stealth, and Speed)
Intelligence-1 (Affects Speech, Repair, and Medicine)
Vitality-1 (Affects Health and your tolerance for alcohol)
Luck-1 (Affects Crit. chance and gives bonuses to rolls)
Charisma-1 (Affects Speech and Bluff)
Will-1 (Affects Willpower and Corruption)

You have 7 points to spend.
>>
>>869087
I meant 8 points to spend
>>
>>869087
>Strength-2 (Affects Melee, Intimidation, and Carry Weight)
>Dexterity-2 (Affects Ranged, Stealth, and Speed)
>Intelligence-2 (Affects Speech, Repair, and Medicine)
>Vitality-2 (Affects Health and your tolerance for alcohol)
>Luck-2 (Affects Crit. chance and gives bonuses to rolls)
>Charisma-3 (Affects Speech and Bluff)
>Will-2 (Affects Willpower and Corruption)
>>
>>869095
>Strength-1 (Affects Melee, Intimidation, and Carry Weight)
>Dexterity-2 (Affects Ranged, Stealth, and Speed)
>Intelligence-2 (Affects Speech, Repair, and Medicine)
>Vitality-2 (Affects Health and your tolerance for alcohol)
>Luck-3 (Affects Crit. chance and gives bonuses to rolls)
>Charisma-3 (Affects Speech and Bluff)
>Will-2 (Affects Willpower and Corruption)
>>
>>869099
Let see what the other anons think before we pick. But I could go with this, but let's wait a bit
>>
>>869108
I was going to wait for a bit before choosing to see if anyone would second someone else.
>>
>>869113
Well if no one else post there list I'll second this anon >>869099

But I want to at least see another list
>>
>>869121
All 8 points into luck. We'll be a courier wandering the wastes
>>
>>869127
If your being serious I'm down with that.

So you deiced are you being serious yes or no anon.
>>
>>869147
I think it would be VERY interesting and pretty fun, but we should wait a little bit to see if anyone else wants to hand out some (you)s
>>
>>869161
So how about we wait 10 mins and if no one come up with something let's go all out on luck
>>
>>869169
Alright
>>
>>869169
Sure. Btw, I am making a character sheet that I will post a link to after this is decided.
>>
Dexterity-2 (Affects Ranged, Stealth, and Speed)
Intelligence-2 (Affects Speech, Repair, and Medicine)
Luck-6 (Affects Crit. chance and gives bonuses to rolls)
Charisma- 2 (Affects Speech and Bluff)

How's this sound? Some people wanted higher luck so I decided to put a lot into that, do we gain skills naturally as well, or will what we choose be our final stats for the entire story?
>>
>>869127
Well go full luck with this
>>
>>869179
You will gain 3 points every time you level up.
>>
>>869179
Alright, we are gonna go full luck the first level, then I would like to gravitate to your chart.
>>869186
>>
>>869186
And equipment can and will effect stats
>>
>>868961
1860 Henry rifle. And a Colt 1851 Navy Revolver
>>
>>869189
Alright, I'll just write it out so that everyone can just see it

Dexterity-1 (Affects Ranged, Stealth, and Speed)
Intelligence-1 (Affects Speech, Repair, and Medicine)
Luck- 9 (Affects Crit. chance and gives bonuses to rolls)
Charisma- 1 (Affects Speech and Bluff)

This is correct right?
>>
Oh dam, I didn't check the auto update box.
>>
>>869205
Perfect
>>
>>869201
You need to read before you post
>>869212
No worries, you're just a little bit below, were just deciding on character traits right now. I think we've settled on a pure luck strat
>>
>>869205
Perfect

>>869212
While we don't have a repeater, we do have a rife that hold 6 rounds
>>
>>869205
Ok, this is the consensus then? Here is the Character Sheet:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BUUV65NMTXcmy2FstFiS66ADtYEvdp8RyfTCepYg3k0/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>869235
>no alcohol tollerance
>>
>>869235
Sorry if it's a bit messy, I can clean it up if need be.
>>
>>869241
Well, there are no extra points in vitality, so you are going to get drunk under tables pretty easily
>>
>>869248
Maybe we'll get lucky
>>
>>869253
Well, on the bright side, you get +2 to every roll. Also, luck may or may not influence every event in subtle ways.
>>
>>869248
Re-Rolls: 4.5
Roll Bonus: 1.8

What does the re-rolls 4.5 (rounded up to 5) mean?
>>
>>869261
I was going to explain this when the first actual roll came up, but I guess I can do it now. Every day, you will get a certain amount of chances to reroll a roll if you are not happy with it (i.e. a 6 on a d20), and they are regained when you sleep/rest.
>>
>>869267
So 5 reroll each day. If we went we 2 luck we would have only gotten 1 reroll. So this luck thing can work.

Also 1d20+2 for rolls not bad
>>
You finally arrive in Goldsdale, covered in dirt and dust, exhausted, glad to finally be able to rest. You tie your horse up at the water trough, and head inside the inn.
You immediately hate the innkeeper. He's that sort of person that could see the bright side of bullet to the neck, you know, the type that is always happy.
"Hi there! Welcome to ma' humble little rest stop, ma' name's Eustace, what service can I do for you today my fine sir?"

How do you respond?
>>
>>869309
I'll just have a shot of whiskey, and maybe a scoop on the local rumors going around

I don't plan on drinking it.
>>
>>869309
"A cold glass of milk."

Is there any rumors going around here?
>>
>>869316
This seems like the better choice considering the standing of our charisma and intelligence right now

Sorry
>>869314
>>
>>869314
"Well if you're not gonna drink it, I ain't givin it to ya. That there would be a waste of some fine whiskey. Besides, if you're wantin' some alcohol, you better go on down to the saloon. Tell 'em I sent ya, they give me a discount when I send folk over there.

As for rumors, well I've got quite a few- but they'll cost ya. Rent a room, and I'll tell ya all ya want to know."

What do you do?
>>
>>869333
"A cold glass of milk."
We're going to need a room to stay for the night so pay the fine man. And let's hear them rumors
>>
>>869333
Well how about this. I'll flip a coin. Heads, I'll rent a room here for a couple of days and you can tell me the word. Tails, you tell me the rumor and I might still buy the room
>>
>>869342
"One glass a' milk comin' right up. Afraid it ain't cold though, after all, it was milked this mornin'.
That an a room for a week will be five dollars."

Five dollars? You could probably get on a train to New York and spend a week in a fancy hotel for that!

What do you do?
>>
>>869364
How about a game of luck for that room?

And what this anon said >>869344
>>
>>869364
Well five bucks sure is a hefty sum, even in this fine establishment. We can flip a coin. Heads, you get 5 dollars. Tails, I pay 2
>>
>>869376
Do this
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>869376
"A coin flip, eh? Well, luckily for you, I've got a dollar coin right here."
>>
>>869394
Yes
>>
>>869376
Vote on this, our lick should finally be useful
>>
>>869394
I forgot to specify, 1 is heads, 2 is tails. You have 5 re-rolls btw.
>>
>>869394
Well stick with the $2 flip and save our re-rolls for later

Now that the ordeal is over, maybe you should cough up some of those rumours you've been keeping from me, eh?
>>
>>869413
Getting Tails was the good result for us. Since we get a week stay for 2 dollars. If we had lost we had to pay him 5 dollar for the week or 5 more dollars? But either way it went our way

Now for the rumors
>>
>>869419
Since we won we only pay $2 for the week, if he won, we would have had to of payed the $5
>>
>>869413
Oh, yeah, tails was good. Sorry.

"Well, I guess that's what I get for lettin' Lady Luck decide! Two bucks it is!
Now, on to those rumors. Pete, our local shopkeep, has been seen dealing with some, let's say, unscrupulous, characters lately. Also,his daughter told mine that he's been mutterin' about some sort a redskin somethin' or another that the bandits got a hold of. Weird right? Ah, but that prob'ly don' interest ya none. I bet you're wantin' somethin' more juicy, well I'll tell ya..."

You stop listening to him at that point, and look in the bottom of your, now empty, glass of milk. The glass is filthy, but your mind is on that "redskin somethin' or another" as he put it. You may need to pay this merchant a visit in the morning.

"Well, that's all the gossip in the town that I know. now if yo're ready, I can have Sarah lead you to your room. SARAH!" he yells' "GIT YER BEHIND OVER HERE! WE GOT A CLIENT!"

You turn to see quite possibly the most beautiful girl you've ever laid eyes on. This annoying man's daughter has reinvented the hourglass by the looks of it.

What do you do?
>>
>>869472
Well introduce ourselves of course.

Well hello ma'am. I am Jonathan Irons at your service. I suppose you will be showing us to my room?
>>
>>869490
You introduce yourself.
Rolling 1d20 for speech.
10 or higher needed to pass.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>869501
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>869504
do you reroll?
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>869501
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>869501
>>
>>869508
>>869501
Well I rolled, so if you just wanted me to roll
>>
>>869506
No

Also 3 anon here for your quest that rolled.
>>
>>869506
>>869508
>>869509
Well, I don't know why I rolled as well, but it happened anyway. I'm going to go with the 15 in good faith because of that.
>>
>>869516
So let me get this straight. It's not best of 3 but a single roll right?
>>
>>869516
I thought it was best of three.
>>
>>869516
>>869490
"Us? Well, as handsome as a man you are, I'm going to have to decline your offer, for now at least." She gives you a smiling wink, "Right this way please."

You follow after her.

"Here you are, your home for the next week!"

You step inside. What now?

>>869523
I'm going off the first roll for this game, yes.

>>869532
Every roll gets +2, so a 10 would be a 12. It's not two more rolls. Sorry if that was confusing.
>>
>>869538
Go to sleep alone after we clean our guns and knife. Got to keep them in top shape, luck isn;t the only thing keeping us alive.
>>
>>869538
Say, now that I have you, your father told me that your friend's dad had some trouble with a redskin?
>>
>>869541
You go through the delicate process of maintaining your weapons. Although you are far from the best at it, you've kept your gear in good shape this long, and aren't going to stop now.
After a while, you finally finish, and collapse in bed.
Re-rolls restored.

Well, I'm going to go to sleep myself now. I'll start posting again in the morning.
>>
>>869586
Sorry, I forgot to update. We can ask about that in the morning.
>>
>>869603
See you

Good Thread so far
>>
You wake up to the sound of gunshots. Looks like you don't get to sleep in today.
You hear a man yelling out in the street, and his voice is getting louder and angrier by the second. You groggily walk to window, and peer outside while trying to shake off your exhaustion.
In the middle of the street you see a red-haired man with a short beard kneeling on the ground, and two angry men that look like brothers standing over him. Their weapons are drawn.
"We had an agreement Pete! You promised us that our little transaction would be kept quiet!" Well, if that man on the ground is Pete, the others must be those "unscrupulous characters" that Eustace mentioned. That explains their filthy clothes, at least.
"I didn't tell anyone!" Pete sobbed, "Please! I didn't talk!"
"Then why did the sheriff come asking questions?" Speaking of the law enforcement, where is he?
You spot a man lying on the ground a few yards away. He's bleeding.

So it looks like the man you want to talk to is about to get himself killed, and the man who's supposed to save him is probably already dead. What do you do?
>>
>>870478
Well now we get to fit into the hero character. We're gonna saunter on over behind them and draw our two colts. We will then proceed to tell them to put their weapons down. Of they do not comply, we will shoot them down.
>>
>>870739
You step outside, weapons drawn, and walk up to them until you are right next to the sheriff's body. He appears to still be alive, luckily.

You clear your throat to get their attention, and when their eyes fall on your weapons, you see a dramatic shift in their behavior. They aren't plying around anymore.

In a loud voice, you deliver your ultimatum.

Roll 1d20 for intimidation. 15 or higher needed to pass.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>870800
>>
>>870859
Nice roll
>>
Test
>>
Another test
>>
>>870859
The pair nods, slowly crouch down, lay down their weapons, and stand back up.
Pete uses this as a chance to retreat to the safety of the small crowd that has now gathered.
"Well, what now?" one of the outlaws asks you.
>>
>>870978
Well as I see it we have two choices. You either get outta this town and take your problems with ya, or I kill ya and bury your lifeless bodies myself... What's it gonna be?
>>
Just got caught up on this quest, It looks promising

>>870991

Also, voting for this.
>>
>>870991
Pretty much this
>>
>>870991
The two outlaws nod sheepishly, and then run out of the town as fast as they can.

Pete walks up to you.
"Thank good sir, I owe you my life!" he says, still shaking in fear, "If you ever need anything, all you have to do is ask!"
Before you can say anything to him, a woman runs up to him, covered in tears, and pulls him into an embrace. They exchange a few words, and Pete is lead off to what you assume is his house.
That's probably for the best, questioning him now would probably only do harm.

Another person comes up to you. He tells you he is Pete's brother, Rick, and that he runs the Muddy Shovel Saloon.
"Come on over sometime, you've earned a few drinks on the house!"

What do you do now?
>>
>>871050
Character sheet updated.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BUUV65NMTXcmy2FstFiS66ADtYEvdp8RyfTCepYg3k0/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>871050
Pick up the two outlaws weapons and return them to your room. Always good to have spare weapons.

then head over to the muddy shovel saloon to try and get more information on those outlaws and their relation to Pete, there's bound to be more trouble than just those two.
>>
>>871111
Before we do this, check on the guy that got shot
>>
>>871111

This, but check on sheriff/bleeding man in the street first
>>
>>87115

True, I thought that they took him to the doctor already, my mistake...

1.check on bleeding man
2.aquire the new weapons
3.go to saloon
>>
>>871111
>>871151
>>871154
You go and check on the sheriff. He is sitting on a nearby bench, with someone tending to a bullet hole in his shoulder.
"Luckily for you, it seems like the slug missed all of the major arteries, but you ain't going to be usin' that arm for quite a while," you hear the man who is tending to him say.
"Well, look who it is, the man of the hour. While I can't say I happy about this situation, at least it's better than it could have been. I you hadn't shown up, I don't know what would have happened. I'd say I at least owe you a drink"
It looks like you will be getting very drunk later, and for free to boot.
"Do me a favor will ya? Find my deputy, Ernest, he's gone missin'. With myself out of commission, this town will need some sort of protection."

*To-Do list updated*

You then walk over and pick up the outlaws' weapons: a Remington Model 1858 and a 12ga coach-gun. Both out of ammo. That explains their lack of resistance. You put the two guns in your room, and note that you are going to struggle carrying all this, slowing you down when you travel. You may need to sell a few things, or perhaps get some way to carry them.

*Inventory updated*

You then head over to the Muddy Shovel Saloon.
Rick's face lights up when he sees you.
"What can I get you my good sir? It's all on the house!

What do you do?
>>
>>871266

Order a drink, although i'm not sure we need to go with any liquor yet, then ask Rick about any card games. Lets put our luck to work and make a little extra money, maybe hear some rumors from the game.
>>
>>871371
You order a drink.
"Sure thing, have as many as you want!"
It turns out heavily watered-down whiskey is what counts as a drink here. I suppose that's lucky for you, though, given your Alcohol Tolerance.

You spot a game of poker going on in the back, and decide to check it out. It has a $10 buy-in.

What do you do?
>>
>>871426

Lets buy in, see where our luck takes us
>>
File: YESYES.jpg (28KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
YESYES.jpg
28KB, 1280x720px
>>871566
You pay the $10 buy in.

Roll 1d20 to determine how good your hand is.
1-5:abysmal
6-10:bad
11-15:decent
16-19:good
20:pic related

Remember your rolls get +2 and you still have 5 re-rolls
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>871601
>>
>>871601

Use a reroll. I'll wait and see if someone else wants to give it a shot before I try again.
>>
>>871621
Alright, feel fee to roll at any time.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>871640
>>
>>871676

ffs, I should have waited for another person to roll

Wheres my help!?
>>
>>871676
>>871683
Would you like to use another?
>>
>>871690

Yea, we probably should. Although I would really like someone else to roll if they are here. I'm not doing so hot right now. I'll give it 5 mins or so and hopefully someone else rolls. If not i'll toss them again
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>871701

Seems like no one else is here at the moment. Oh well, third times a charm!
>>
>>871745
>8
Do you want to re-roll once again?
>>
>>871755

What a waste of two rerolls ha.

I hate to just keep going with out any input/rolls from other anons? Maybe we should take a break for a bit and see if anyone shows up?

Yea, I think we should reroll it again but Im not going to try again. I've done enough damage for now.
>>
>>871765
Fair enough. In the meantime, I am going to go get some food. I will check back in in an hour.
>>
>>871776

Sounds good
>>
>>871776
This
>>
Test
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>871755
Yeah sure, I'll reroll, if I don't get a good hand then I'm probably going to cry.
>>
I think this dealer is cheating us,, seems like a bad time to be playing poker.

I guess if we end up using all our rerolls to get a good hand we can always go pass out to get them reset
>>
>>872194
>>872214
Alright, do you want to use a 4th re-roll, or just go with the bad hand?
>>
>>872283

Use it

For the love of the wild wild west someone roll over a 10 or we are going to have to shot the the dealer
>>
>>872307
Alright, roll when ready
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>872364

Since it seems no one else is going to roll
>>
>>872452
kek
>>
>>872452

Yea, ban me from rolling. Someone else has to have better luck..
>>
>>872466
>>872452
One re-roll left. Anyone want to use it? Or should we just stick with the 10?
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>872491
reroll
>>
>>872491
Just skip the game of cards since everyone is gone and that fucking anon and myself roll horrible.
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>872491
You there?
>>
>>872913
If you insist.

You have second thoughts before handing over the buy-in. After a moment of thinking, you decide maybe you shouldn't play, and walk away. Moments later, someone catches the dealer and one of the players cheating, and a bar fight breaks out. You take this as your cue to leave the saloon, thankful that you decided against cards.

As you step outside, you wonder what you should do now. Should you question Pete, find Ernest, go to the store, or something else?
>>
>>873143
Sorry, I forgot to refresh once again. I should just check that box every time I open this thread.
>>
>>873156
Question Pete he own us a few drinks and we could get some rumors and get a job
>>
>>873156
Lets go ask around for the Deputy
>>
>>873184
You find the house that Pete was brought into and knock on the door. The woman you saw run up to Pete earlier answers the door.
"Oh, it's you! Please, come in!"
The woman bring you inside to a very small living-room. After a short conversation, you learn that this is Pete's daughter, and then get to the point.
"Oh, yes, let me go get him,"she says.

A few moments later, Pete walks sheepishly into the room, hat in hand.
"I just wanted to thank you again for saving my life. Now, is there anything you need?"

What do you do?
>>
>>873311
Can you make a list of options that's something that get the anon playing the thread more
>>
>>873406
no u
>>873311
I wanted to know exactly what that little altercation was about
>>
>>873415
No, this
>>
>>873415
"That? Eh, just a bit of business that went south, nothing serious."
This man is quite possibly the worst liar you've ever met, he's obviously hiding something. You obviously need press him further.

Roll 2d20 for speech and intimidation. 10 in either needed to pass. You have 1 re-roll remaining.
>>
Rolled 5, 4 = 9 (2d20)

>>873449
>>
Rolled 18, 12 = 30 (2d20)

>>873449
>>
>>873465
>>873475
This thread is obviously cursed, so I'm just going to go with the second.
>>
You give Pete a a dead-eyed flare. He immediately breaks, and starts telling you everything at a hysterical rate. You smack him and tell him to get a hold of himself.

He starts over, voice shaking, but much more calm.
"Okay, so I'm a collector of sorts. I own a small assortment of redskin, um, 'spiritual artifacts,' so to speak..."

You sigh, by "spiritual artifacts," he probably means ceremonial pipes used in so-called "vision quests." Of course, Pete obviously views such items in a different light than you do - likely a light from the embers in an Indian ceremonial pipe.

Pete hasn't noticed that you aren't listening anymore, and so he continues to talk.

"...and so, when I learned that these men were looking for an interested party, I contacted them ,because I would be stupid not to with such a rare item..."

"Rare item." What a joke.

"...and as I've already said, Apache shamans are quite skilled at this type of carving..."

Now he's holding up a prop. I looks like something you would sell to a tourist who doesn't know any better. But that doesn't matter, because you're tired of this.

"Pete," you say, "Give me the short version."

"Er, oh, okay. I helped finance a company who was in search for 'occult artifacts' so to speak, and the search would be taking place on one of those redskin reserves, hence the need for it to be kept quiet from the law. Somehow the word got out, and suddenly two men from the company show up, threatening my life."

Pete is an even bigger idiot than you thought.

What do you do?
>>
>>873674
Do you know where this company is based out of? Or where they are working at?
>>
>>873702
This
>>
>>873702
"Well, they should still be at their base camp at the edge of the nearby reserve, it's about 20 miles southwest of us. You're not planning on going there are you? There's a good dozen of 'em and they've got those artifact's too."

If Pete thinks you can't handle a group of drugged-up bandits, he is sorely mistaken. You tell him you'll go just to prove him wrong, and leave the house.

Before you get going, is there anything else you would like to do first? (i.e. visit the store, rest, etc.)?
>>
>>873762
Depending on the time, we should rest to recharge our rerolls.

But let's check the store
>>
>>873762
Go to the saloon and ask for the alcohol with the strongest alcohol content. We Molotov now boy. And this>>873772
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>873777
Nice trips

Flex to see if our luck is changed
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>873788
Check this flex
>>
>>873772
>>873777
You first pay Rick a visit at the saloon.
"I need the strongest stuff you've got, Rick," you demand.
"Yessiree, shot of our finest whiskey comin' right up!"
"Not a shot, the whole bottle."
Rick looks taken aback, but doesn't argue.
"Well, I guess you've earned it," he says while setting an amber bottle on the counter, "Will that be all for you sir?"
But you've already left; you have other business to attend to.

Your greeted by Pete's daughter when you enter the store connected to Pete's home.
"Hello again Mr. Irons, that was a pleasant chat we had earlier. How can I help you to day?"

>>873788
>>873804
Glad to see the luck is finally turning around.
>>
>>873932
I am gonna need some cloth, oil, glassware such as bottles, and matches. Also some camping gear, and some rope. And ammo for my two colts, if you have it.
>>
>>873972
>Ammo for my two colts
check the character sheet Assorted Ammunition (200 rounds) Also we need to store our extra guns away since it's 8 lb we can't carry

Inventory: Max Carry Weight: 40
Name: Effects: Weight: Total Weight: 48
Old Hat(e) 1
Threadbare Shirt(e) 1
Worn Leather Jacket(e) 2
Riding Chaps(e) 1
Old Boots(e) 1
Bedroll 3
Canteen 1
Flint and Tender 1
Bowie Knife Melee, Deals 1 Damage 1
Cooking Pot 2
Dried Meat (x5) 5
Colt Walker Ranged, Deals 10 Damage 3
Colt Walker Ranged, Deals 10 Damage 3
Colt's New Model Revolving Rifle Ranged, Deals 20 Damage, Range+ 5
12ga Coach-gun Ranged, Deals 20 Damage, Spread 5
Remington Model 1858 Ranged, Deals 10 Damage 3
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BUUV65NMTXcmy2FstFiS66ADtYEvdp8RyfTCepYg3k0/edit#gid=0
>>
>>873988
Ah right, the doc. Well we are leaving the two guns we got behind, so we have room for our explosives. The 12 gauge and the 1858
>>
>>873988
>>874010
Ah, that reminds me, I meant to add an effect to the larger weapons to balance them out. I'm going to make them take longer to draw.
>>
>>874010
>>873972
We still need to shed some weight or get something to help carry stuff.
>>
>>874025
We'll drop down to 100 rounds
>>
>>874029
"Alright, I can give you $28 for your ammo and guns, and will sell you the cloth, bottles, oil, matches, rope, and assorted camping gear for $8. Are these prices fine with you?"
>>
>>874077
I'll take the ammo into my room for safekeeping, and you can take the two guns I got from those troublemakers
>>
>>874077
We're not selling the ammon we're going to stop the ammo.

But for the gear. Let's play a game of luck heads you get 10$ for the gear tails we get the gear for 5$
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>874097
"Alright, that'll drop my buying price down to $25."

>>874102
"A game of luck? Well, as long as you don't tell my father."

I'll roll this one to save time, 2=tails
>>
>>874123
"Tails, darn. So, that means, in total, I will be paying you $20, is there anything else you would like to add to this transaction?"
>>
>>874123
We just saved 3$
>>
>>874102
I don't know. She is a love interest. Maybe we should just nut up and pay the 8 dollars.

>>874133
No ma'am. You have a good day.
>>
>>874146
Thank you for your business.
*Inventory Updated*
What would you like to do now? (Also, I just want to point out that you are the exact same weight as before. You should probably make those Molotovs before you set off to minimize weight.
>>
>>874198
I just knocked it down by two pounds due to bottles not needing to be 2.5 pounds
>>
>>874198
Well what time is it?
>>
I say we head back to our room, create the Molotov cocktails, rest until late evening so we can regain our rolls and then we head out to the camp at night so we have the element of surprise on our side... Sound good?
>>
>>874440
Thats what I was going for
>>
>>874377
Afternoon

>>874440
You head back to your room in the inn and start working on the Molotovs
*Inventory Updated*

After you finish, you decide to rest up a bit before heading out.
*Re-rolls restored*

You wake up a few hours later, and get started on your journey to the outlaws' camp.

Well, I think I'm going to turn in early today, I'll start posting again in the morning.
>>
>>874506
Alright man, you have a good night.
>>
>>874506
Thinkin I might hit the hay to pardner we ride hard an early tomorra so don't get to comfortable
>>
>>874519
I'm rather upset, what happened to our gallant hero?
Thread posts: 185
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.