[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Archeologist quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: hat.jpg (33KB, 450x437px) Image search: [Google]
hat.jpg
33KB, 450x437px
Archeology. stories always made it seem so exciting. tomb raider, indiana jones, all those old pulp novels.
turns out all it involves is sitting in a dusty hole in the ground cataloguing pieces of broken pot.
hardly any adventure at all.

you are a second year student of archeology at a reputable university in england.
the archeology department is incredibly underfed however, making due with one senile professor and enough money to scrape by.
your beginning to consider switching your major. maybe philosophy.

but its time for another day of your current existence first.
>whats your name?
>are you a boy or a girl?
>>
Im Ace

Im a boy.
>>
>>865832
>Andres Lee
>Boy
>>
>>865849
your alarm goes off, letting out a series of high pitched beeps. you groan and roll out of bed smacking at it and managing to shut it off.
you get up and get dressed. it looks like your roommate didn't come home last night.
suits you just fine.
you get your bag and adjust your glasses, ready to head out into the world.

when you arrive at the lecture hall, its just a sad sight as usual. the university's smallest hall, there's only a smattering of other students here, as well as professer willow.
hes asleep.
>>
>>865884
>Inspect Willow
>>
>>865884
>Sit down in seat and get ready for that lesson
knowledge will lead us.
>>
>>865887
willow is a man who long ago found his place in the world. then he fell asleep there.
hes an old man. very old. earned tenure ages ago.
hes currently slumped backwards, feet on his desk, with a book balanced on his snoring face.
hes wearing an orange Hawaiian shirt. its got a standard tiki pattern.

>>865893

you sit down, and busy yourself by organizing your things. your in the first row, along with the few other serious students. as you ready yourself, a stray pencil is knocked off the table. willow is up in a shot. the book goes flying.
"What?! who?! germans?!"
he steadys himself and looks around, taking in the class.
"good morning kids. i hope you've all slept well."
he stands up and stretches, letting his back crack.
"so, what were we talking about yesterday? ive quite forgotten."
>>
>>865913
Fidgety s.o.b.

>We were studying the treasures of Egypt sir, the Pharaohs?
>>
File: tegaki.png (6KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
6KB, 400x400px
>>865932
"We were studying the treasures of Egypt sir, the Pharaohs?"
willow gives a laugh.
"oh yes! i remember now, i said i had something really special i was going to tell you about."
he walks over to the chalkboard and scratches something out with a nub of chalk.
it looks like a crude drawing of an insect.
"this, kids, is a scarab. little fellows are all over in Egyptian art and myth. but there's one use of it that doesn't come up much. no one ever talks about... The scarab queen!"
the professors eyes flash and he pulls a manic grin.
>>
>>865950
Seems legit

>How is the Scarab Queen any more relevant than other figures of Egyptian mythology, like Ra and Anubis?
>>
>>865964
Sorry about ID, I didn't actually Sage you.
>>
>>865950
"the scourge of egypt! yes indeed! she was once an ordinary woman, one of the pharaohs courtesans. but she was accused of plotting murder! this particular pharaoh was a bit of a nut, you see, so she was executed in far too grisly a matter. she was tossed, live, into the cavern of the scarab. where she was eaten alive by the ravenous beetles within."

professor willow read too many comic books as a lad, you think.

he continues his fantastical ravings; "but this was not enough to kill her! her spirit lingered on, filled with hatred for a world that had allowed her to come to this state. and so her body returned to life, a twisted monstrosity, half scarab half human. under her command, a black carpet of beetles scourged Egypt for a year. crops were devoured, entire towns were left but skeletons, and all seemed lost.
but there was an end: a young man, sent by a desperate town, traveled far, and found himself at her very lair. he spent 3 days outside her door, attempting to talk his way in. when that failed, he entered via a skylight. history is fuzzy on the rest, but its said there was a lot of talking, a few attempts at seduction, and an enchanted dagger driven into her chest."
>>
>>865968
the class has already written today off as a loss.
there's really no way of knowing weather each day will be a real lesson or willows nonsensical daydreams.
>>
>>865971
Ask Willow:
"Have you ever seen the tomb of the Scarsb queen?"
>>
>>865968
Tell the professor
>Half scarab half woman? Seems like mere mythology to me
>>
>>866004
willow shakes his head.
"I'm afraid i have not. very few have. and even among them, there are none that have ventured into its depths. makes me giddy thinking about it! who knows whats down there?"
he gives another grin, then appears to be lost in thought for a moment.
"have i sent any of you on an expedition yet?"
"there was one, sir. you sent us out to ireland. it rained a lot and the place you sent us to dig turned out to be a public park, so we spent the trip getting drunk." a girl behind you pipes up.
"ah yes... well ive got an idea. you're all strapping young types! ive got a right mind to send several of you off to find the tomb."
he strokes his chin a bit, lost in thought.
"class dismissed, go do whatever else you all do here." he waves offhandedly. "ive got some thinking to do..."

oh great.
>>
>>866015
Talk to the girl behind you that just answered Willow:
"Hey, my names Ace, what was your name again?"
>>
>>866013
(sorry mate, didnt see your post until i refreshed on update.)
>>
>>866018
as you head out of the classroom, you catch up to the girl that answered willow before.
"excuse me, I dont quite remember your name. i'm Ace."
"I'm Vanessa. I dont remember, were you on the ireland trip?"
memories of food poisoning and a weekend spent bedridden come back to you.
"no."
"like i said in class, it was a pathetic waste of time. the man is a loon."

>
>>
>>866028
Ask Vanessa:
"Do you have any plans this evening?"
>>
>>866031
"Do you have any plans this evening?"
"no actually. What are you after? info on Ireland before The nutty professor sends you off to Egypt to look for a tomb that doesn't exist?"
She gives a sly smile.
"or something else?"
>>
>>866048
Tell her:
"I was planning on going to a pub and wanted to know more about your interests in archeology"
Get her phone number and then go see professor Willow in his office
>>
>>866021
All good m8
>>866053
This
>>
>>866053
"I was planning on going to a pub and wanted to know more about your interests in archeology"
"well, like i said, I'm not busy."
she pulls over and scrawls a phone number on a scrap of paper.
"here you are. see you." she gives a little wave and continues on down the hall.

nice!

you should probably go talk to willow. wandering back towards the hall, you find your way over to willows office. knocking on the door twice, you let yourself in.
>>
>>866072
willow is at his desk, thumbing through books, scribbling notes down, and looking exceptionally pleased with himself.
"hello there lad! what can i help you with?"
>>
>>866077
Firstly, inspect Willow's office
Then, say to Willow:
"I wanted to know more about the tomb of the Scarab Queen. I think the expedition there sounds like an amazing opportunity..."
(I'll be back to continue this quest in aprroximately 12 hours)
>>
>>866088
yeah, im heading to bed too. see you ion the morning anon.
>>
>>866077
Good day professor Willow.
I have actually come to show you my notes on a new archaeological site discovered in South Korea.
It's a pyramidal structure of unknown origin.
I thought you might be interested in it.

After chatting for a bit we leave because we have training for the rowing team.
>>
Gooood morning america!
good lord was i up late.
anyway, where were we?
>>
>>866088
>inspect willows office
willows office is a vaguely disorganized pit of books and paper. shelves line the walls, filled with books and a few knick knacks. its sort of small, but you suppose it matches the rest of the department.

"I wanted to know more about the tomb of the Scarab Queen. I think the expedition there sounds like an amazing opportunity..."
willow nods his head.
"doesnt it just? its always been on my to do list, but i lost that thing years ago. lets see... what more info can i give you about it? hrrm."
he stretches an arm out and pulls a folder off a shelf.
"lets see... no ones ever been inside, approximate location is somewhere in the desert west of the town of Dehrerun, carnivorous beetles may or may not still live there, said to contain FABULOUS TREASURE, as most things of this nature are. any of that helpful?"

>
>>
>>866451
>Treasure? I'm in!
>>
>>867099
"treasure? I'm in!"
"that's the spirit lad! You know, your one of the only students I've ever had who actually showed enthusiasm for this class. most seem to think I'm an old kook. that's why the best i was ever able to muster up for an expedition was a trip to Greece 15 years ago. this is gonna be a good one though... i can feel it."
>>
>>867239
Go back to your dormitory, walk in and wake up roommate who is asleep at 3pm. Talk to him about Vanessa.
>>
>>867451
you thank the professor for his time and head on back to the dorms. you've got a spring in your step. todays been good. you mosey on into the room and turn on the lights, only to be met with swearing.
"turn tha bloody thin off, willya? im tryin tae sleep!"
it looks like Ray is back.
the scotsman with whom you share a room is almost never there. you don't know what he does all day and night, and frankly your scared to ask.
but hes here now.
not quite the sterotypical strongman, Ray is actually quite scrawny. hes at least a couple inches shorter than you, but he punched you once and it felt like you been kicked by a horse. although your not the peak of physical perfection yourself, what with your scholarly lifestyle.
Ray is now sitting up, stretching.
"Wha makes ye wake a man oop at 3 in the mornin anyhow?"
"actually, its currently 3 in the afternoon."
"same thing."
you cant conceal it. your face is stuck in a goofy smile.
"whats that queer look ye got?"
"i met a girl! shes in my archeology class. Her names Vanessa."
Ray gives a smile and a nod.
"good on ye! didjye get er noomber?'
"bloody well i did! were meeting at the pub later tonight."
"i wish ye the best of luck. anythin interestin happen in diggin oop dead stoof 101?"

>
>>
>>867578
Tell Ray:
"Yeah, actually the professor was talking about sending some of us on an expedition to Egypt, to uncover the tomb of the Scarab Queen... what is you major in here again?"
>>
terribly sorry for being gone so long. im right ashamed.
>>868504
"Yeah, actually the professor was talking about sending some of us on an expedition to Egypt, to uncover the tomb of the Scarab Queen."
ray cocks an eyebrow.
"has he been fallin asleep wit comic books on his head again? tha sounds lak a bad indiana joones knockoff."
you shrug.
"by the way, whats your major again?"
"communications."
"thats.. not what i expected."
"oh, im raight good at communicaiten. I do it all the tahme. makes up the bulk a what ah do."
>>
>>869032
Snicker at Ray and then watch TV for a few hours, then text Vanessa and tell her:
"I'm getting ready to go to the pub, you want to come with?"
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.