[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

XCOM Quest 4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 3

File: 1479094849837.gif (4MB, 420x680px) Image search: [Google]
1479094849837.gif
4MB, 420x680px
>LAST THREAD:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/811344/
Follow me @ShiftyQuest for updates and more.
Last time: We began the train assault and found our brother, we also lost our greatest friend and took his position.

You decide to investigate the alley, the cigarette is your buggest clue right now. You make your way outside and into the small alley behind the apartment complex, small ADVENT Burger wrappers skitter around the ground with cans and the remnants of leaves.

You spot a small table pressed against the wall and a large smiley face made of smaller smiley face stickers. A few garbage cans look disturbed and the fire escape to the sealed off 3rd floor is down.
>Examine the table
>Examine the smiley face
>Examine the garbage
>Use the ladder
>>
>>855282
>Examine the table
>>
>>855282
>Use the ladder
>>
>>855282
>Examine the garbage
Smiley is a trap.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d3)

We are all tied up.
>>
>>855652
>mfw I was in the middle of a lengthy post detailing the potential advantages of ascertaining the nature and composition of the smiley face trap
At least take a quick glance to see which windows (if any) are directly above the smiley face, for future reference.
>>
You walk over to the ladder, before you had went out for a mission with Watcher back here the ladder had been up and locked, now it's rough rusty frame was fully extended almost inviting.
You heave yourself up the shakey fire escape until you reach the cracked window it comes from.

You slide open the window, strangely it's silent despite being so old, you climb in slowly your hand on the snub nose you keep in your pocket. After a brief look around the dim room, there is a desk with a broken leg in the corner, on it lie some files.

You see a small browned mattress with rumpled sheets.

You see a corkboard with pictures pinned to it.

The door has the points of nails coming through it from where it was nailed shut from the outside.

>Investigate the desk
>Investigate the mattress
>Investigate the corkboard
>Investigate the window
>Go back to the alley
>Write-In
>>
>>855678
>investigate the desk
>investigate the corkboard
>>
>>855685

this
>>
>>855678
>Investigate the window
Look at the ally from an above view.
>>
>>855670
You look back out the window and notice that the room you are in now is the closest to directly across from the smiley face as it can get.
>>
>>855700
Shit.

He could be in the room with us; the trap might have been intended as a simple "make him stand still while I snipe him" trap. We need to check the whole room for hiding places, pistol out, before we do anything else.

If we're clean, then we can investigate the other stuff at our leisure.
>>
You step to the desk and open the small file, inside you can see it carries no documents but only pictures from an ancient camera.

Pictures of you mostly. Training, talking with Luke or Goldy or Charge. There is one picture in particular that chills you, a very close personal shot of your unconscious face after the mission meant to capture the mayor.

You grimace and lay the file back down, moving to the corkboard which you can see also has pictures on it.
The pictures seem to be in four pyramids with one person at the top.
Lee
Watcher
Fleet
And
Luke (now crossed out with a black marker)
Lukes image has 3 strings from it leading to a picture of you, Mark, and one more woman you have yet to meet, she has brown and golden eyes and light brown hair.
The pyramids lead down into descending ranks you recognize a few of the shadow soldiers you met earlier and Chomsky, Goldy, and Charge.

You shake your head and step back. Whoever this mole is, they're dangerously stealthy and have eyes on near everyone.

You move to the window and see a small puddle of clear oil that confirms your theory, this has been used as a small hiding hole, obviously no longer used.

Roll a d100 to see if you notice anything strange about the window.
>>
Rolled 59 (1d100)

>>855740
>>
>>855740
Bet the window has alot of scuff marks and was put in after the mole moved in.
>>
>>855740
What kind of picture of our unconscious self is it?
Was it taken in the infirmary with us on the bed?
>>
Rolled 55 (1d100)

>>855740
>>
Now that I think about it, take careful note of who's on the board.

Anyone who is inexplicably absent from the information being gathered could very well be the mole themselves, since they might not think to toss in information on themselves, though a sufficiently cautious mole wouldn't make that mistake.
>>
>>855770
If their taunting us, then I doubt the mole(s?) would be so sloppy or our predecessor would have caught him by now. It could even be our now deceased friend Luke.....
>>
>>855778
Luke's picture is scratched out though, so that pretty clearly rules him out as the mole.

And the taunting is likely our greatest hope; people who grow overconfident might start getting lax, and lax people get sloppy and make mistakes.
>>
You run your fingers along the edges of the window and hit a small bump. You pinch the small metallic circle and pull it's magnetic base from the window frame.
You see a small bit of glass in the center and realize that this is a wireless camera. The sick fuck is watching you, you feel the outer windowsill and find a similar bump that gives the camera a view over the alley.
You drop both cameras on the floor and crush them under your heel.

You crawl through the window and drop back to the alley. Satisfied you can now search the alley in peace.
>Examine the Trash
>Examine the Smiley
>Examine the Table
>Write-In
>>
>>855799
>Examine the Smiley carefully from a distance
If the mole wasn't home, then there was probably another trap that we were meant to spring so the hidden cameras could record us being outwitted.

Investigate from a distance, look for anything that could be explosives, tripwires, laser trips, take note of any potentially concealing debris that could hide a trigger, smell the air for any sign of smoke or chemicals, look for a sheen that could be a chemical touch trigger, etc.

Even if it's nothing, at least we'll only waste time instead of getting blown up.
>>
>>855799
Supporting >>855835
>>
>>855792
Or its bait to lure us into a trap or to eliminate us as a credible threat.

Luke's body was never found.

>>855799
>Write-In
Check for more camera's and external power sources or wires to find more spying devices.

Also I messed up the roll >>855751
>>
File: received_1280811585315195.jpg (98KB, 1439x1997px) Image search: [Google]
received_1280811585315195.jpg
98KB, 1439x1997px
>>855856
>Luke's body was never found
>After the explosion
>That you watched him trigger
>>
You decide to look at the smiley, but from a distance. You aren't getting blown up or taken out now.

You scan the brick that the many stickers are forming this massive smiley face, you see no sign of wires. You scoop up a handfull of brick dust from the ground and toss it into the air to look for any laser triggers, there are none.

Satisfied there are no traps lying in wait you move in closer. The table is set just below the Smiley face, the many smiling yellow faced stickers star at you wifh blank eyes you feel like they can actually see you somehow.

You run your fingers over the stickers and notice the wall is covered with an adhesive to make sure the stickers properly stuck. The only thing this seems to be is a message, what exactly that would be isn't clear to you yet.
>Examine Trash
>Examine Table
>Write-In
>>
>>855902
>Examine Trash
>>
>>855902
>Examine Trash
Somehow I doubt we'll find anything they didn't expect us to find, though.

That said, we should see about discreetly obtaining some hidden cameras of our own. Or maybe see about actually getting some proper surveillance systems in this place.
>>
>>855953
Seconded

Def need security systems
>>
>>855872
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NeverFoundTheBody
closet i can find for a trope that "The friend you died but was not actually dead is alive and also is the traitor who played you" stick.

>Examine Table
I bet there's something more valuable the mole is after so the "guy" sent us on a enticing chase to find him to buy time for him to gather what it is he needs and preparing "its" exit/retirement.
>>
>>856069
I think detonating an explosive charge designed to level large buildings next to yourself is enough to kill you. I *could* be wrong though. Maybe he was using his mimic beacon and it somehow gained the ability to physically interact with things. Surely a retired XCOM soldier would make an overly elaborate plan to spy on the resistance and then leave a "posthumous" note that there is a spy.

He's fucking *dead*, anon.
>>
>>856109
Until Shifty says otherwise or when he shows he won't pull any bs like that, nothing is off the table.

Also
>tripfag
>user ids
kys
>>
>>856125
I post on a few quests where having a name is useful. Like Youth Quest.
I'd rather not have to delete/retype it every time I want to post. Not to mention my ID changes every so often.

And he's fucking dead, anon.
>>
I love Blacker Baron. He's my boy

Going to work until 8-830 will resume then.
>>
>>856143
So you like shitpost in youth quest, got it.
>>
>>856248
I'm a general supporter of shitposting. If it isn't excessive. And I dont follow youth quest.
>>
>>856248
>shitpost
In Youth Quest, you control your own character. If you don't have a name, you don't have a character. If participating in a quest is shitposting, then you're just as guilty.

>>856303
What time zone was it again?
>>
>>856525
EST
>>
Alright. I have made my commute home. Writing for checking the trash.
>>
You approach the pile of trash and it seems a little too messy. Not like lazy soldiers tossing in a pile but the loose newspaper and position of the bloated bags seems to careful.
You go digging and find what was attempting to be hidden in a plastic bag filled with newspaper, near 6 boxes of Gold Strike Cigarettes and 3 lighters devoid of any fluid.

Whoever your mole is, they are a very heavy smoker.

>Investigate the Table
>Leave the Alley
>Write-In
>>
>>856986
Take the cigarettes for DNA analysis. All we have to do is rabidly make out with all the staff members to get their DNA samples.

Joking aside, we should do fingerprints on those cigarette packs.
>>
>>856986
>Investigate the table
I also agree with fingerprinting the packs and the lighters. Unless ADVENT has outright banned the fingerprinting powder, anybody should be capable of doing this to a simple extent.

We might have to discreetly obtain fingerprints from things our suspects have touched though, since we probably don't keep a fingerprint database and taking fingerprints directly is a major red flag to our troops that something's probably amiss.
>>
>>856986
>Investigate the Table
+Hidden camera in the smokers' spot.
Maybe leave a carton of Gold Strike's in the mess room as bait. Smokers can't resist bait. Because they have low willpower, that's why they smoke.
>>
You decide to keep the boxes in the bag, maybe there's some sort of fingerprint analysis to be done on them.

You move to the final object, the table. It is bare except for a clay ashtray with a multitude of now near extinguished cigarettes. They were all lit at once to get your attention obviously, but why?

You see written in the ash using a finger, "Ollie Ollie Oxen Free" is all it reads with a small signature saying "-Cat" you are unsure how to take this but know now this meeting has made the entire dynamic between you more menacing.

You make your way back inside, using to comms to ask Lee to have her most trusted men gather the evidence out back, she tells you it will be given to the Shadow Keeper. The archivist who manages all intel after it's usefullness is expended and manages the security systems around the building.

You hold the bag of cigarette cartons and consider going to the sub-basement to the security office or maybe seeking out someone personally and seeing what they know or have seen.

>Visit the head of security
>Question someone (Specify who)
>Go back to the office
>Write-In
>>
>>857478
>Visit the head of security
They are not a field agent (right) so it unlikely to be them. Then maybe we should talk to someone who is always at base and knows everyone here, or someone who has been here forever. They might know some smoker who likes riddles.
>>
>>857478
>>Visit the head of security
>>
>>857509
This.
>>
You take the elevator even farther down than the common rooms, the doors open to a dim metal hallway. Low white lights shine from inside cages built into the walls, you make it to the end and a small beep sounds before the door slides open.

You step into the spacious chamber and look around. Wires and boards filled with switches and blinking lights surround you, you make your way further into the chamber and see your security officer.

A very overweight man sits in a a circular chair in front of a crescent of monitors. He has a small crate of what appears to be soda bottles, most of them empty. Near the man's shoulder is a small Gremlin bot, you remember when James told you all about them and how dad helped develop them.

The man hears you enter and turns around, he looms fearful for a second but that quickly dissappears and he heaves himself to his feet and shambles towards you.

He thrusts out a plump hand and you can tell it's coated in a sticky substance, probably that soda. His breath comes out in wheezes from the effort of, what to him must have been, running to you.

>Shake his hand
>Put the bag in his hand.
>"Commander Hardwood, and you are?"
>Write-in

Also give me a d100 perception roll. See of you can spot any goodies you may want.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d100)

>>858039
>Shake his hand
>"Commander Hardwood, and you are?"
It hardly rules him out, but somehow I don't think tubby is the sort to be running around setting up scenes stealthily and climbing fire escapes.
>>
>>858093
Oh crap.
>>
Nice lol
>>
Rolled 39 (1d100)

>>
You look around the room as you extend your hand and shake his. It is quite sticky.

You introduce yourself as Commander Hardwood and present him the bag.

"I'm Shadow Commander Hardwood, I have a request for you. I need you to do an analysis on these cigarette boxes and lighrers for any fingerprints."

His face contorts into confusion. "Commander, we dont really have a fingerprint database..you'd have to bring me multiple prints for comparison."

You frown but nod
"Then I'll do that if I have too."

>Ask if you can examine his cameras
>Ask him some questions (specify what)
>Leave (specify where you'll go)
>>
>>858110
>Ask if you can examine his cameras
>>
>>858110
> Ask to examine cameras
Gimmie dat
>>
>>858110
You alright, Shifty?
>>
>>866526
Lot going on right now. Especially with work. I should be able to run for a while tomorrow.
>>
"So tell me.." you trail off motioning towards him

"Darwin sir, Darwin Santinelli." He finishes

"Darwin..Can I look at your cameras for footage from the alley behind us from up to 3 days ago. Fast forward and stop if we see anything please." You say

Darwin begins clacking his keyboard and clicking various files on his desktop pulling up the three video files of security footage from yesterday, the day before and today.

"Where would you like to start, sir?" Darwin asks looking up at you and twisting the cap off another soda.

>2 days ago
>Yesterday
>Today
>>
>>870170
>2 days ago
Might as well go down the list; if it's trained right on the alley, we will learn something, even if it's just that the guy uses some method to get around the cameras.

inb4 it's being fed a video loop.
>>
>>870184
Agreed
>>
"Get me the footage from two days ago, when you see anyone in the alley way hit stop." You say

Darwin obliges

Roll 1d20 to see if you notice anything suspicious on the tape.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>870217
rollan
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>
You see nothing on the footage except a thin male with a hoodie. He spray paints a massive blue X on the brick wall, you don't remember seeing that. Strange?

>I'm Done
>Watch Yesterday
>Watch Today
>>
>>870356
>Watch Yesterday
Just woke up late for the roll.
>>
>>870356
>Watch yesterday
>>
>>870356
> watch yesterday
Oh shit, invisible ink!
>>
"Play yesterday." You command

The tape plays and Darwin slows it down when it shows the same man as before now carrying a table, the same table the cigarettes were on. But he's carrying it very strangely...something doesn't make sense about this.
Roll a d100 to see if you can discover what's wrong.
>>
Rolled 48 (1d100)

>>871990
>>
Rolled 93 (1d100)

>>871990
>>
"What the hell.." you whisper

You pull Darwins chair away from the monitors and put your face close to the screen.
The brick wall and the table are warped around the man's body. This footage has been doctored.

>Ask Darwin who has access to the cameras
>Tell Lee what you've learned
>Go back to your office
>Write-In
>>
>>872521
The game is afoot!

Inb4 they're actually fully covered with a smiley on their back
>>
>>872521
You are supposed to be our security guy you fucking weakling.
>>
>>872593
This.
>>
>>872521
>>Ask Darwin who has access to the cameras
>>
"Darwin, you need to tell me who has access to these cameras." You say in a deadly serious tone

"W..well..um..you see..uh." he stutters

"Darwin, What did you do?" You say leaning in

"I had a few friends come in here and we had a LAN Party.." he says dropping his head

"A what?" You ask

"It's a party where we all play games and we..nevermind basically everyone here had access to the computers. And it wasn't my fault see I was on a streak woth a 15 chain multi-kill.." he starts but you stop him with a hand.

"Names. Now." The venom in your voice is clear, you dont try and hide it.

Darwin quickly scribbles down the names he can remember of everyone that attended his "LAN Party"

You have your main suspects, you go back to your quarters and link all the names to their respective branches. This is good even though it's seems bad, at least you have a lead now.

>Look over the suspect list
>Accuse a suspect
>Remove a suspect from suspicion (removes them from suspect list and accusations)
>Speak to a suspect (specify)
>Write-In
>>
>look over the suspect list
>>
>>876044
As a side note.
>Fire Darwin
>>
>>876044
>Look over the suspect list

Also, let's not fire or reassign Darwin until we're sure that we won't be replacing him with the mole.

Besides, I'm sure he realizes he's on very thin ice right now, so he might come up with a way to redeem himself.
>>
>>876044
> look over the suspect list
At least we should be able to crack these nerds fast using our massively superior charisma.
>>
>>876271
This.
>>
SUSPECTS:
Darwin Santenelli - Security

Gundo "Mark" Umbriel - Shadow

Ryan "Justice" Baker - Hellraiser

David Finch - Hare

Ron "Sully" Sulvins - Hare

Gabriella Diante - Shadow

Zander Muchaf - Hellraiser

=========================
The list was much longer but you narrowed it by cross referencing the names with any minor rule violations relating to computers or being in restricted areas and also anyone who had easy access and skill with the terminals in the resistance.

You look over the list again. You don't see any faces you recognize except Mark and Darwin. Time to do some investigatory work, In person you can ask anything but you also have access to all their files being Shadow Commander.

>More info on (suspect name)
>Accuse Suspect
>Remove Suspect from suspicion
>Speak with a suspect
>Write-In
>>
>>876459
What we need to do is have some people (what, we are working alone, why!?) watch over them in case they get spooked while we go around trying to collect and verify alibies.
>>
>More info on everyone
Files are the best place to start, and there's nothing stopping us from going down the list (except Shifty's patience).
>>
>>876459
Shifty?
We're on page 9.
>>
File: 1485392544751.jpg (29KB, 499x430px) Image search: [Google]
1485392544751.jpg
29KB, 499x430px
>>883735
Shifty is kill.
>>
>>883892
I swear to god, if this quest dies for good I'm going to be genuinely sad.

I have faith in Shifty, though.
QM will surely deliver.
>>
>>884207
I will be making a new thread probably tomorrow.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.