[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seafaring Expedition for Whatever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 10

File: boatmanbill.jpg (128KB, 864x634px) Image search: [Google]
boatmanbill.jpg
128KB, 864x634px
"Are you looking for adventure? Money? Women? Power? Well then sign up to be a Waol Herder! Or a fish farmer! Provide your family with tons of blubber! Good for burning, twice as good for eatin'!"

Is what you hear as you pass by the market. Although it lacks for excitement it's better than starving. Also a nice slab of fat sounds good enough to eat... But is you entire goal in life to be a farmer?

>Yeah, let the rest of the guys leave the island, I'll just fuck the their wives while their gone. Then when we're done we can eat some blubber.

>No, I don't want to work, I just want enough money to not know what to do with

>No, I want real power. The old-fashion way. War.

>No, I want to leave this place forever

>Write in
>>
[3]
>>
>>854050
>No, I want real power. The old-fashion way. War.
>>
It's funny when people talk about money like it's everything. It's real power that makes the world go round. You enjoy using your power to take from others, But how do you do it?

>brute strength
>social skills that threaten ostration
>trickery
>other
>>
>>854104
>Completely superior knowledge of strategies political, economic, and those of warfare.
>>
>>854104
>>trickery

>>854121
Why ever would we bother signing on to a ships crew if we were skilled in such things
>>
>>854137
your not fight smart, but you are backhanded. You tell lies, you act nice, people like you, but really your fucking them all over.

Anway what's the plan for total domination?
>write in
>>
>>854157
>>write in

Wing it
>>
>>854160
well fuck.

So it looks like Stats are:

Strength: 3
Perception: 8
Endurance: 4
Charisma: 7
Agility: 3
Luck: 10

Correct?
>>
>>854190
Sure
>>
>>854226
Alright then. So we're skinny male with sharp eyes, whose a bad athlete but is good with words and for some reason adds +20% for every roll

Anway are we from:

>the cold lands
>the rich eastern islands
>the savage isolated west
>>
>>854261
>The cold lands
>>
>>854261
>>the cold lands
>>
>>854261
>the cold lands

So the character is broke as shit, but is basically a lucky mustache twirling villain?

Sounds like he probably fucked over his last home something fierce and then skedaddled when it exploded?

What on earth is a charismatic weekling going to do to earn his keep on a seafaring vessel?
Unless he can BS a captain into thinking he's a navigator or some such, there's no way for him to go on for work, it's basically all manual labor and he can't exactly pay his way.
>>
>>854301
>Unless he can BS a captain into thinking he's a navigator or some such

Sounds like we are in for some very interesting adventures
>>
File: North..jpg (12KB, 267x66px) Image search: [Google]
North..jpg
12KB, 267x66px
>>854271
Funny how a lucky guy like you was born in the north. It's one of the poorest places in the world. You like everyone who lives on this hunk of ice live in the semi warm southern tips. It's warm enough to grow food, but there aren't any trees. You mainly fish and scavenge to eat. What do you sell? Ice. No seriously. You ship ice buy covering them with sawdust and snow and that keeps it from melting to much. Your shit home is called Arktech named after the men who decided to set up shop. So how are we gonna get off this iceberg?

>>854301
>>854320
hey you're happy go lucky with that 10 luck
>write in
>>
>>854324
>>write in

Well, where all can we go? Where would we want to go?
>>
>>854341

Do a dice+1d10 to see how much you know about the outside world
1-6 nothing
6-9 a little
10-a great deal

+2 due to luck
>>
Rolled 1 + 2 (1d10 + 2)

>>854349
>>
Rolled 63 + 2 (1d100 + 2)

>>854349
>>
Rolled 4 + 2 (1d10 + 2)

>>854359
whoops, let's try that again.
>>
>>854359
avg 4.5 so a little.

You know of a place called "Clean Water!" which has a very descriptive name. There's some islands down below you and you've heard of a island somewhere near you that has a wondrous rock. It has mystical properties and makes working soil 10x easier.

Of course when you're not tilling icy rocky soil to prepare for spring, anything seems easier.

But since you don't know where to go you look a the harbor to look at help wanted ads.

>Help wanted! Scallop Stabber
>Please inquire within: Ship Chef and Cleaner
>Expertease Neaded: capten who got trening in how to ship ships. Pay is ok
>>
>>854379
>>Expertease Neaded: capten who got trening in how to ship ships. Pay is ok

Why not
>>
>>854405

You pick down the flyer and look on where to go:
"ice boat"

Fuck.

In case you didn't know an ice boat is floating raft of ice chips and sawdust. It's easier to transport ice on because it melts instead of the precious transport ice, but in tropical areas it's common to have the boat melt before you make it to the destination.

You reach the iceship and see a man sitting on the boat.

"hey!" he calls, "you looking for a job?"
You flag him down with the hunk of wood in your hand with the ad. "Good!" He chirps, "you got experience?"

Oh shit, you've never been on a boat in your life. You can barely even swim.
>what do you say?
>>
>>854434
>>what do you say?

Of course!
>>
>>854446

Your flagrant optimism slowly burns you inside out like coals on a bed of ice.

But whatever.

"great! Then you wouldn't mind a few questions, would ya?"

"um." FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK "no"

"Alright, how do you navigate from here to Ron Island correctly? Again I didn't pay for a woodwinder, so you have to know this by head."

>what's a woodwinder?
>where's Ron Island
>I've made a very big mistake
>write in
>You SAIL there of course! Int: 2
>>
>>854465
>>write in
You didn't pay for a woodwinder? Just what kind of operation are you trying to run here?
>>
File: download (2).jpg (10KB, 270x186px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
10KB, 270x186px
>>854474
"hey buddy listen I said Experience needed, woodwinders cost ALOT. Well accurate ones do. Besides if you need to know the birds flight patterns at this time of year or the fish or whatever you guys do, go ask another captain. You obviously know your stuff, so do you want the job?"

>yes
>no
>renegotiate pay

holy fuck that response blew me out of the water
>>
>>854496
>>yes

kek

Well, we might want to figure out something about what we're doing before we set off
>>
>>854547
Alright well we set sail in 20 minutes, get your stuff and hurry back

>what do?
>>
>>854555
>>what do?
Go to the local sailors bar, ask some old sea dog which way the island is
>>
>>854567
You dash for the chicha stand where all the sailors are and you ask: "how do i get to ron island?"

Why do you want to know lad?

[black] I'm going there [black]

Wait are you going on that crazy ice cruize??? Good luck kid!!! Haha!

[black] a homeless man walks up to you [black]

heyyyyyy kid-d-ddd ill tell you wh-wh-where the island is for a dr-dr-drink!

>pay him
>just wing it
>>
>>854604
>>pay him
>>
>>854555
check inventory
>>
>>854604
>pay him
Sow him the money, then have him tell you before you pay
>>
>>854636
you have:
>1 obsidian knife
>2 chucks of obsidian used for local currency
>1 advertisement
>1 tunic
>some fruit

>>854645
roll 1d10 plus +2 for luck and +1 for trickery trait
>>
Rolled 7 + 2 (1d10 + 2)

>>
Rolled 2 + 2 (1d10 + 2)

>>854652
>>
File: North..jpg (14KB, 406x274px) Image search: [Google]
North..jpg
14KB, 406x274px
>>854662
"Shut up you don't know it old man."
*you flash the coins at him* "you dont deserve these coins man"

"Wait!" he yells, "just follow the sun where it sets and when you get close watch the birds! That's it!"

"well you just told me so i don't really need to pay then huh?"

"What?"

"yeah man learn the art of the deal, maybe one day you'll be president if you know that much."

*you dash back to the boat and get on*

"bout time!" the boss yells, "get on and shove off!"

Well this is it. Not like you had any family to say bye to anyway.

*map unlocked*
>>
>>854689
On the way out of the bar, could we grab anything to eat?
>>
Rolled 84 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>854694
too late man.

I'll roll this time for you guys:

How well does the trip go?
+20 luck
+40 knowledge
>>
>>854652
If you have time, rummage through the garbage for potentially useful items.
Before boarding, find a nice smooth rock or shell about the size of your fist to take with you as a memento of home.

Also figure out how a poorfag in a presumably medieval society is supposed to measure 20 minutes.
>>
>>854707
no problems to speak of.

You make it to Ron island. Where they make good rocks for tools. Incredibly expensive. However if you took it over you would have a near monopoly on extremely powerful weapons.

>>854716
1 finger of suns movements that's how you immersion breaking motha fucka
>>
File: derinkuyu115b.jpg (67KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
derinkuyu115b.jpg
67KB, 550x366px
you triggered me so hard i forgot to tag the picture>>854716
>>854726
>>
>>854726
>>854730

Well, time to get the cargo offloaded in anycase.
>>
>>854825
you drop off the ice:
wealth: enough for a canoe

Well it looks like it's time to head back, or we could sell the popsickle and buy a canoe. We could even try to get more money to buy a better boat.

This island is much smaller, but more developed. They don't grow food, and to account for the large population they dig down into the earth. It's dark and cold enough that ice is helpful to store foods. It can also help when there's a storm and no ships make it to the island.

To more important matters:
>what's the plan?
>>
>>854834
>>what's the plan?

Head back I suppose.
>>
>>854861
Well that was fun.

The moment you step off the boat the old fat man who hired you says: "you have the money"

You hand it over and he gives you 1/10th of what was in it.

"thanks pal."

What the fuck.
At least you have experience now right?

Ch 1 over.

To recap you:

-are now an orphan
-are not particularly good at anything, but your trickerish.
-went to sell ice
-scammed a homeless man
-got ripped off

be back tomorrow guys, gotta sleep
>>
>>854898
give me some advice on what you liked or disliked see if i can get the ball rolling.
>>
>>854902
Setting looks interesting.

Could go for more detail, expanded interaction with other characters. Random events/prompts.

Like, how much did we actually get paid? We captained the ship, what about the crew?
>>
>>854917
You breeze past stands and huts that sell different things. You have 1 large "wan" and 4 small "pen". Both are shaped like ovals with a hole in the middle, but what makes it valuable is the intricate designs on them. They are made in the north by importing obsidian glass, then slowly chipping it down and rounding the edges. It's valuable as currency only in the north, and in other places it's virtually worthless because it's too small to shape into anything else. The amount of money you have is enough for a week's worth of food, or a few low quality knives.

Just as you're leaving the harbor a man suddenly grabs you! You jump back and pull your knife, but he quickly says, "Wait man! I heard you floated a raft all the way to Ron Island right? And you got paid 220 pen? I have a proposition for you and you'll get paid twice as much as your last job"
>>
>>855544
Time to con a con artist by the look of it
>>
>>855544
You size the man up. First thing you notice. He's fat and dark skinned. Not from the north. He's wearing a standard tunic with pant legs and sleeves, hide shoes, and an bone necklace. He seems rich enough, but why would a rich man proposition you directly?
>pass him up on his offer
>accept
>write-in
>>
>>855981
>write-in

Well color me intrigued, what sort of job are you talking about here?
>>
>>856006

"you're going to be working in navigation, of course you know they'll be other jobs you have to do as well on board, but it's a real ship, not like these icecubes you float on"

[bold] what do you think? [bold]
>>
>>856043

And you did say double, right? Then sign me up my friend, we'll see where we go
>>
despite being obviously scammed for a cheap job Int:3 you take it
"you're going to the island of "Clean Water!""

now you have around a day to prepare. You'll need woodwinders or knowledge of the seas, to know who the crew are, and to bring anything you might need. Sadly since you don't know how far the island is you don't know what to bring.
>what do?
>>
>>856076
Make sure your food expenses are going to be paid for.
Go asking around like last time, but try somewhere else to avoid running into the old hobo you cheated.
>>
>>856236
Ill back that
>>
Rolled 4 + 2 (1d10 + 2)

>>856236
Dice roll 1d10 to see if you avoid hobo
<5 success

Before the fat man leaves you ask him if he'll pay for food.

"Hey, listen your just navigator don't worry 'bout food alright, just get there as fast as you can and back. There's pirates looking for loot out there if you drift too far."

Well that was fun. You feel like he was lying but you're not entirely sure Charisma: 7
>>
File: map.jpg (13KB, 211x239px) Image search: [Google]
map.jpg
13KB, 211x239px
>>856260
You walk towards the interior of the town. It's wet and soggy because somebody had the stupid idea of putting a town at the edge of the ocean below sea level. Every time it rains you're stuck in two feet of ice cold mud. At least you have leather shoes.

You make it to the same chicha stand as last time and quickly dash past, don't want to mess with somebody you just cheated.

You head over to the nearby whorehouse, (Hey, sailors love whores right?) and walk inside. It's nicer than the rest of the buildings. It, like all the other buildings are made of waol bones and rocks, and covered with snow on the outside for insulation during the winter. In the summer they snow melts and it's filled with dirt, until it's washed away, then filled with snow, etc. It has a stone floor, which is cold. But it's nicer than dirt or sawdust. You walk towards a strong young man sitting on the ground next to a low wooden table and ask: "Hey, know how to get to Clean Water?"

"no, but i got a cheap woodwind for 6 pen. It's not exact, but hey price meets quality." He pulls out a small piece of wooden sticks tied together with strings and small stones.
"it's supposed to be an accurate map of the world, but unless you know where each island is and the distance between them, you'll be completely fucked. Cos' you know. Old people can't remember shit when they make 'em."

You interested?
>>
>>856291
>You interested?
Sounds good
>>
>>856291
Do we know how to use the thing?
Is it accurate enough to get us there?
How many "pen" make a "wan"?
>>
>>856313
You pay him one wan, he says: "sorry exact change only, but I'll tell you wild waols migrate south during this time of year towards islands, they don't like deep ocean for extended periods of time. Don't forget too that birds fly around land and you can't follow the stars around this time of year because it's perpetual day".

Great. At least you have a map. So you what you have in regards to quest items are:
-1 map to destination
-4 pen
-knowledge on how to get there
-1 ship
-supply of food
-crew

Anything else or are you ready to go?
>>
>>856331
6 pen per wan
>>
>>856341
Lets make some sort of cool outfit to wear. Gotta look professional for the client.
Maybe an animal skull/seashell hat, ragged fur cloak and a waolbone staff or something.
Preferably of the 'free' variety.
>>
File: 220px-Officer_Jenny.png (130KB, 220x361px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Officer_Jenny.png
130KB, 220x361px
>>856354
you...woudln't be talking about stealing???
>>
>>856359
Not at all, just foraging. Old skulls and bones are like garbage to most people right?
Every good adventurer goes dumpster diving.
Never know when you may need to Mcguyver your way out of a situation.
>>
>>856404
Most of the stuff you're looking for is considered trash on other islands. But here it's more than that. Waol bones are used for homes in place of wood. Dog Skulls are a sign of power. The ability to kill is power. Fur is also expensive and most people wear the same outlying layers of clothing. You're no exception. You have a few pairs of light clothing, but you wear the same heavy clothing everyday. So you figure fur is best to wear anyway to protect against sea spray and the sun. The dog skull was hard to produce. Thankfully a dog did die the other day, and so you dig up the body and cut off the head. You cut out the meat and fat and leave the fur on the head. It's good to think of it as a way of honoring the animal by you living inside of it rather than you butchering your dead neighbors dog and wearing it's skin. Surprisingly the whalebone was the easiest. a smaller bone to be made into sharp weapons or hoes are pretty cheap unused. You find a skinny one that would be pretty good for walking around with. It's free since it has a knot at the handle, that would interfere with fighting, but it's perfect for hiking. They could cut it off, but that would take more work and like it was said, uncut bone is cheap.

All in all you look pretty sick. Maybe after your next paycheck you could get something better.

Somethings are more important though. You realize you haven't eaten since you got off that stupid iceberg ship. You need something now.
>>
>>856447
Pretty fly mang.
Now that his wardrobe commands respect, lets get a hearty meal and maybe find some young bimbo to seduce with fake stories.
>>
>>856532
Do we want to go to a nice bar or a close one with easy "young bimbos"
>>
>>856543
lets go to the close one.
He'll be able to eat at fancy places all the time once he makes it big.
>>
>>856561
You walk into the nearest chicha hut you can find. It's large for it's size, around the size of a small church. Everyone is sitting on the ground, but it looks like all the most beautiful girls are taken by older men with deeper pockets. The rest of them are malnourished and looking for food in exchange for attention. There are however a few average looking girls with nobody looking at them. Real wallflowers. The rest of the establishment has people drinking out of wooden cups and eating filet of fish and cut yams on stone tables. They look juicy and have ponzu, a sour sauce on them. Well you have 4 pen left. Enough for about two meals, or 4 fingers of sun(~1 hour) with a hooker.
>what do?
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>856605
Go up to the group of wallflowers.
"Hey, ya'll from around here? What's good on the menu? I'm a famous warrior-navigator in town briefly for business. Round these parts they call me The Icewhisperer because I once sailed an iceberg halfway across the world to help sink the ships of the evil pirate federation in The Great Pirate War. Come have a seat! I'll tell you about my castle in the tropical seas and my pet Waol, Jonah. Say, would you mind going dutch tonight? I had a run in with some bounty hunters earlier and had to pay them off with most of my money. When my partner gets here tomorrow, he'll bring me a fresh chest-full from my vault."
>Purchase a meal and make them fall madly in love with you with your stories.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>856960
Charisma is 7, normally it would be a dice+1d10 with a roll of 9 needed, but since you have high charisma and a trickerish trait, you only need a 4 or higher.
>>
>>856980
Most of them brush you off for obviously lying, but one of them, (one of the cutest) with long, dark, hair and a dirty, fawning smile screams: "OHMIGOD RALLY??? I LOVE waols! Where is he??? Is he at your castle?!??! :3"

You don't know how she managed to say an emoticon but it sickens you to your very core

>what do?
>>
File: tumblr_ll0iq0DPaD1qbjtqb.png (152KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ll0iq0DPaD1qbjtqb.png
152KB, 500x281px
>>857002
>tfw you forget to tag a photo
>>
>>857002
"But enough about me, what about you?"
>Name?
>Job?
>Family?
>Economic status?
>Favorite things?
>etc?
>>
>>857071
"my name is Alice and my dads’s name is Andy and we come from Arktech and we sell Apples. We're very Average and About middle class, and my favorite thing in the entire world is auto-erotic asphyxiation
>>
>>857117
Where is Arktech?
Do you have any plans for tonight?
>>
>>857185
Silly you~ it's to the west of here, it's just another village like this one. You know the FIRST colony set up by: Arktech
>>
>>857211
So, you wanna lets head back to your place and spend the night strangling you til your face turns blue?
>>
>>857340
or my place?
Do I have a place?
>>
>>857360
No. You basically bounced around for a while at different jobs which were livein. A good deal of blackmailing too to live in other people's homes.

>>857340
~Well sure, but I'd rather fuck
>>
>>857369
?por que no los dos, chica bonita?
>>
>>857384
¡AH! ¿Hablas español? Claro que Si. Parece muy inteligente. Se parece como un modelo. Pues, quiero joder en mi culo. Como un puta pendejo. Duro y por dias sin fin. Quiero que ponga su pene en mi ano mientras me ahogas.
>>
>>857417
Hablo muy poco. Mi vocabulario es muy pequeño y estoy muy oxidado, pero lo averiguaré la magia de 'google'.
!Vamos joder!
>>
Rolled 100 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>857457
Alright lets roll a dice to see bitches get choked the fuck out today
need <5 to be deaded
>>
>>857465
Thankfully nobody ends up dead. The night was ok, she was a little inexperienced, but she had a weird anal fetish...

Anway it's time you went on your way. You dash towards the dock with all your gear.
You're ready.

By the time you reach the boat the men are all there and ready to go. They're just waiting for their navigator.

"where were you last night?" asks one of the crew. He's sounds pretty young, around thirty, but his skin is cracked and dry and is is practically the color of mud. His hair is white and long but tied back in a tail. However his eyes are brown and young along with his physique. He has the shape of a strong working well fed man. An odd mixture.

"oh just drinking till late at night" You respond. It's a well rehearsed response.

"Well you should've invited us then kid!" He laughs, "Sailors always could use some good drink. Anyway we're about to get goin' so you got your stuff?"
You motion to your pack
"alright good to go then ah. If you're wonderin' my name is jeff. The ships captain"

The sails are attached and the ship is pushed off the sand by a fleet of young street boys. "PUSH HARDER YA URCHINS!" Jeff yells.

Well you're off.

"Where now navi?" asks Jeff.
>>
>>857483
We're off to Clean Water island, onward ahoy mateys!

make a mental note to find Alice when you get back. She could prove useful, and fun.
>>
>>857564
alright lads, good thing tonite, but i must sleep early. Hasta manana!
>>
>>857588
Hopefully more people tomorrow. I'd hate to make all the big decisions by myself.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.