[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sanguine Quest 4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Modern Rektus.jpg (311KB, 1024x1366px) Image search: [Google]
Modern Rektus.jpg
311KB, 1024x1366px
Hello, I’m OzQM and this is Sanguine Quest.

In this quest you are Rektus, a vampire who wakes up after a millenium-long slumber during which the world has changed and everything you held dear has disappeared. Don’t dispair though, you now have the opportunity to explore a world free of contraints though you’ll have to be wary of dangers such as vampire hunters.

In the last thread you: encountered and proceded to thorougly wipe out some unfortunate bandits that tried to ambush you, made a boring journey towards an abandoned, castle which proved to be not so abandoned after all so you retreated to a safe room...

Archive:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=OzQM
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/OzarkQM
Discord:
I use the /qst/ Discord which can be found on the /qtg/. I may one day get my own provided this quest manages to take off.

I will only count votes linking to the current post and which use the given prompts or are preceded by “>Something else [write-in]” for ease of vote-counting.
I also disapprove of using trips unless you have something to contribute so please refrain from using one.
>>
>>846235
One of the main advantages about being a necromancer is that as long as you’re on a battlefield you won’t lack cannon fodder to raise up.
Of course there’s normally a rather high price to pay for using skeletons since the magic upkeep for a servant can quickly become straining but you have enough time that you can afford to just enchant a few minions and have them explore and get slaughtered for you.

It also means you’ll stay safe behind them as you progress throughout the fortress; it will take time to make them so might as well start the process right now.

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

An indeterminate amount of time later, seven skeletons stand before you; their crane marked with a rune that identifies them as yours and allows you to control them without having to pay too much magic.
In essence, the rune is a catalyst for your will that takes upon the nearest mana stream for energy but it it still takes a bit from you when you give it orders; you just won’t need to pump magic just to keep them in shape.
You took the most human looking bones you could find but also had to make do, some of them look a bit mismatched and they all lack smaller bones that would be necessary for any living being like toes and fingers since your spell only uses the bare minimum of energy.

That said they should be more than enough for you to use as long as you handle the finer stuff like… opening doors? Thankfully nothing attacked you while you were preparing as you would have been hard pressed to retaliate while maintaining them without runes.
Now that you are rightfully prepared, it’s time to press on and discover more about the place!

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

Well this is disappointing. You must have spent at least one hour looking around using your skeletons to scout ahead and all you’ve found so far is dust, ruined bones and old traces of blood all over the place; it’s pretty spooky but you expected there’d be things to loot or at least monsters to fight.
Maybe you’ve been looking the wrong way, after all you haven’t tried using the mana sight in the place and that might be a fine way to find riches… or trouble, whichever you’re looking.

You try getting into it but something instantly tugs violently at your soul and you’re forced to reenter your corpse. What was that?!?
There’s not many kind of phenomena that can achieve such an effect but the most probable – and frightening perhaps – is that a creature powerful enough to bend and draw mana streams resides within this place; old dragons and other monsters of legend can do that but they are obviously way over your paygrade, if you had one that is.
Encountering the monster would wipe your entire party so the only option is to run away, obviously.

1/2
>>
>>846244

Or is it? From what you know the Nail has been deserted for about a century but the villagers have never reported anything serious coming out of it; nothing of that power would have been able to live there without drawing attention. So that means the creature was either there before the fortress was abandoned – which is unlikely since the Order of Theodoros was apparently home to a company of knights – or that the creature is dead or asleep.

You struggle to think of anything that could have such a power when asleep, not to speak of a corpse having that draw but all of that makes way for a very imperious need: you want to know what that thing is and luckily you know how to find it…

> There’s no way the creature is able to see you and think of all the knowledge you’ll be able to find!
> If it’s THAT powerful, there’s not telling what it’ll do to you and your friends.
>>
>>846247
Is there any sort of middle ground between hubris and running away?
>>
>>846294
I may have forgot to put a write-in but I honestly don't see how you can stay and go away at the same time.
>>
>>846247
>> There’s no way the creature is able to see you and think of all the knowledge you’ll be able to find!
Stay it is, then.
>>
>>846247
>> There’s no way the creature is able to see you and think of all the knowledge you’ll be able to find!
>>
>>846305
+1
>>
>>847081
>>846490
>>846305

I'm sorry guys, but I don't think this is gonna work out.
3 hours to have 3 replies, with a brand new thread and while advertising on Twitter, the Discord and /qtg/ is WAY too slow.

It's not so much that I want a larger audience, just that having to wait so long just makes questing tedious. And even without that, I just want the story to go forward, which is not gonna be possible if I have to wait 2-3 hours for each update.

I'm honestly considering moving to Akun, more as a necessity than anything else but for now this quest is on hold.
Don't worry, I'll keep you in the know, both on the QTG, the Discord and my Twitter.

But for now... 4chan is just not doable; I may come back later if the participation rises up.

So, in the meantime: See you until next time!
>>
>>847351
I'm gonna miss you Oz
>>
>>847351

Noooo
Im sorry iv been busy
>>
Seeya on Anonkun. You'll like it there, more people. Remember, don't leave the votes open too long, and don't let voters bone everybody.
>>
>>847351
just as mook Nr. 4 shows up
>>
>>847351
Welp this is the second quest I've played where "three hours for three replies" has been a near killer. I heard Akun has more settings and tools but I don't know how they work, so best of luck.

>>851480
>don't let voters bone everybody
It is inevitable.
>>
>>847351
just seems like an offday to me.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.