[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Xianxia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 14

Xianxia Quest!
I know some people probably aren't familiar with the genre and while a quick Google search will solve it, I'd rather explain it.

Xianxia is a Chinese fantasty type novel similar to Wuxia except it has more Taoist influence. If Wuxia is a low-mid fantasy setting Xianxia would be closer to High fantasy with
giant monsters, strong magic, world-shaking evil and continent spanning empires. There's a lot of general themes/tropes with the setting that are written and I wanna try and hit
as many as possible while avoiding some of the more annoying ones that make the character a Mary Sueish type.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You awaken from your sleep to find a man standing over you, upon further inspection you realize the man is your father. "Wake up, today's a special day for you. You can finally
start to cultivate. Quick get dressed and follow me downstairs, everyone is already waiting." You grab some clothes quickly, not wanting to make everyone wait long for you and
rush down stairs to see your family all there sitting and waiting for you. Your father, mother, grandfather, and grandmother. You also see a man there looking clearly out of place
in his nice clothes with a mildly disgusted look on his face. You recognize the man to be the town Mayor. Your father looks over to you and beckons you to take a seat on the ground
in front of the mayor. The mayor looks at you and puts on a clearly fake smile. "Well, you have finally turned 10 years old today and are now able to cultivate...Assuming you have
the talent to do so. I have brought a set of cultivation manuals as well as weapons techniques, as is customary." He takes out a stack of techniques and lays them on the ground in
front of you. You look at them briefly but he stops you. "Ah, I almost forgot, you must first swear to never reveal the contents of these manuals to anyone, they are the most
valuable things to the town and can never be leaked" The mayor says in a rehearsed voice "Repeat after me but replace your own name, I, Chi Yaozi, swear an oath to Dao of the heavens
that I shall not reveal the content of this manual to anyone"

>"I ____ swear an oath to the Dao of the heavens that I shall not reveal the content of this manual to anyone"
>>
>>842882
>>"I Zhu Xing swear an oath to the Dao of the heavens that I shall not reveal the content of this manual to anyone"
>>
File: autistic shrieking.png (1MB, 1587x1600px) Image search: [Google]
autistic shrieking.png
1MB, 1587x1600px
>>842882
>Lee

Jesus fucking Christ dude what's with all the mid-sentence line breaks?
>>
>>842882
>"I Eu-fùnh swear an oath to the Dao of the heavens that I shall not reveal the content of this manual to anyone"

apparently it means playful phoenix...
>>
>>842882
Xian Xi
>>
>>842882

>"I Cao Caocao swear an oath to the Dao of the heavens that I shall not reveal the content of this manual to anyone"
>>
>>842913
>>842882
1+
>>
"I Eu funh swear an oath to the Dao of the heavens that I shall not reveal the content of this manual to anyone" You repeat hurriedly. You quickly look over to the cultivation manuals
on the table before a powerful surge of energy hits you and stuns you for a second. The mayor looks at you with a wry smile before speaking "No doubt you felt something just now, a sharp pain or a jolt or something to that effect. That means the Heavens have witnessed your oath and will hold you to it! Should you break this oath then your soul will be shattered with no chance for reincarnation. Now, pick your manuals, cultivation first then a Weapon technique." The mayor points to the manuals he layed out on the ground earlier. "It would be wise to look at the cultivation ones first" He quickly advises before losing interest.

You look at the cultivation manuals, there are 4 laying in front of you..

>The first reads"Flowing swan movement"

>The second "Eternal stratus oath"

>The Third "Ending river"

>The fourth "Rebellious spiritual rite"

(Popular choice wins)

--
>>842907
Sorry, I wrote it in Notepad beforehand and didn't realize it would get so skewed. Hope I got it this time.
>>
>>842958
>>The fourth "Rebellious spiritual rite"
>>
>>842958
>>The Third "Ending river"
>>
>>842958
Is there some particular reason you use Notepad instead of a word processor?
>>
>>842983
Because I'm a pleb, plain and simple.

Anyone else getting the captcha where you have to draw a fucking square?
>>
>>842995

Nigga just hit "format" and then hit "word wrap" when you're done typing and then copy and paste it from there so the line breaks don't happen

>Anyone else getting the captcha where you have to draw a fucking square?

Nigga just refresh the captcha
>>
>>842958
>The Third "Ending river"

can we skip the entire born with a broken body find some medicine in a ditch take revenge on those who mocked you thing?

why is that in EVERY xianxia story wth
>>
>>842958
>>
After looking at the manuals for a while you finally settle on the third one "Ending River" you pick it up and open the front cover. "Just as the river has its end in the oceans shall the power of the Earth end its flow in your ocean" You start to ponder the words written there briefly before finally a loud cough wakes you up from your daze "if you could please look at the other manuals now, I do not have all day. You are not the only child turning 10 years old today..." The Mayor sounds while pointing at the weapons technique manuals laying down next to him. You quickly realize what you were doing and look over to the other manuals. There are a few lying before you and you notice that they are much more interesting looking than the cultivation techniques were. The mayor noticing your expression quickly speaks up "The weapons techniques we have here were gathered from a mercenary party that was recently wiped out by an unknown source not too far from here, and are therefore of much higher quality than our common cultivation techniques which can be found in any town." He has a very proud smile on his face after saying this.

You proceed to examine them further..

>A bright golden book with a flashy title: Sun chasing style
A sword style

>A very plain looking book with a string binding titled: Piercing heaven contemplation
A spear technique

>A large and heavy book with thousands of pages and a red binding titled: Flowing water, endless strike
A fist/knuckle technique

>A white book with a small title that reads: Eleven stances, immovable mountain
It appears to be a club/blunt object technique

--

>>843012
You're a hero
>>843024
No, I hate that one too.
>>
>>843088
>A white book with a small title that reads: Eleven stances, immovable mountain
>>
>>843088
>>A bright golden book with a flashy title: Sun chasing style
>>
>>843088
>A very plain looking book with a string binding titled: Piercing heaven contemplation
>>
>>843088
>>
File: index.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
You look over the three weapons techniques for a few minutes and eventually settle on the Piercing heaven contemplation technique, a spear technique. You open the string bound text to the first page and it reads "The heavens are high and vast but are they truly unreachable?" You seem to get lost in the words before finally your father shakes you out of it by patting you on the head. "You've started your first step onto the road of cultivation. The path is long and arduous with no seeming end, even minor accomplishments on this path will put you far ahead of what any of us here could ever achieve." You look at your father and see the immense love in his eyes that he has for you. "The mayor has already taken his leave, no doubt to present the manuals to your little friend down the street, why don't you run along and see what he chose." Your father gets up and walks out of the room leaving you sitting there for a minute unsure of what to do next. Your best friend Li Chen lives down the street, and you two both coincidentally share the same birthday. If you ran now you could probably make it just in time for him to finish up but you also feel the manuals calling to you to learn..

>Go see Li chen and see his choices

>Stay and contemplate the manuals for a bit, maybe you can gain an edge

>Other(Write-in)

--
Probably a few short updates until it gets a bit further in, please bear with me.
>>
>>843204
>>
>>843204
>"The mayor has already taken his leave, no doubt to present the manuals to your little friend down the street, why don't you run along and see what he chose."
Sounds like Pokemon. In Xianxia is everyone in the world a martial artist? I'm not poking fun, I really want to know.
>>
>>843204
>>
>>843240
Well, population wise no, but story wise, yes. Once you reach the first step into cultivation you can already kill millions of mortals with no worry so normal people are useless in every aspect. As for the mayor giving out manuals, it's just a local custom and a way to start the story.
>>
>>843204
>>
File: sadfasdf.png (420KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
sadfasdf.png
420KB, 600x600px
You decide to go see Li Chen, you wanna see what he chose! You get up and walk out the door, picking up speed as you run down the street towards his house. A few of the townsfolk wish you a happy birthday as you run past and you just flash a quick smile before continuing onward. The town you live in is just a backwater town in the Heiang Province of the Elite Eastern Kingdom. Most of the population couldn't make it as cultivators so its mainly filled with mortals and anyone who reaches even the first stage of cultivation here is considered a top expert. As you near Li Chens house you hear a loud shout and see your friend running towards you while holding several manuals in his hand, he's looking back as several people seem to be chasing him. He quickens his speed and runs right into you dropping everything in his hands. Laying on the ground, you quickly see that there are several cultivation, as well as weapons techniques scattered along the ground. Li Chen is quick to pick them up and stands up, he reaches his hand out towards you and loudly shouts "Come on! Eu, I took all the manuals and I'm booking it out of town! You in or are you out!" The sun is high in the sky and is shining right behind his head, you can still clearly see his face however as he has a bold, and yet somehow naive smile on his face. The pursuers are nearing you and you're almost out of time..

>Take his hand

>Stay there

>Other(Write-in)

--
>>
>>843348
>Take his hand
What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>843348
>Take his hand
>>
>>843348
>>Take his hand
>>
>>843348
>Take his hand
could be fun, i hope we know how to survive in the wild... wait doesn't xianxia usually have monsters
>>
>>843384
I think so.
I wonder if this is one of those settings where they get stronker the older they are.
>>
Sitting there confused for a minute, you're unsure of what to do, but after looking at your friend you finally steel your resolve and grasp his hand. He lifts you up in one easy go and pulls you to a standing position. Li Chen has always been rather strong. Li Chen looks back as the pursuers are right there behind you, looks over to you with a light smirk and proudly says to you "They'll never catch up, I have a little surprise for em." A bit confused you suddenly see a net trap spring from the ground and trap all of the pursuers. Li Chen laughs loudly and yells at them "You couldn't catch me in a million years!" Then he hits you on the shoulder and keeps on running out of town. You look back for a second before finally chasing after him. You two run for a while until you end up deep in the Everwood forest before Li chen finally stops and sits down. You're both clearly out of breath and you feel like you could collapse at any moment but at the same time you feel rather exhilarated from the whole experience. Li chen catches his breath and drops all the manuals onto the ground. "Well I know you can't tell me whats in your because of your oath, but I got a few extras here that might help later on." He says before he starts to quickly read through all the manuals that he has. "Why don't you try and gain something from them, maybe we can break into the Xiantian level soon if we're lucky."

>Read the Weapons technique first, Having a good way to fight back is more important than your cultivation

>Read the cultivation manual first, If you break into the Xiantian level you'll be so powerful techniques are useless

>Convince Li Chen to keep going, you're clearly not far away enough

>other(write-in)
>>
>>843436
>Read the cultivation manual first, If you break into the Xiantian level you'll be so powerful techniques are useless
But without the thinking techniques are unimportant part.
They're very essential.
Good technique can stop people stronger then you.
>>
>>843436

Read all manuals to get a better understanding then use them all for a general cultivation technique

Is li chen our fiancee or something?
>>
>>843436
>Read the Weapons technique first, Having a good way to fight back is more important than your cultivation
It seems like the weapon technique have higher quality than the cultivation.
>>
While you decide not to neglect the weapons techniques, you reason that the cultivation techniques will benefit you more at the moment. You once again open the manual titled "Ending river" and open it to read it. It briefly explains some of the cultivation levels and how to achieve them. First there is mortal, which you are now, then follows that is Xiantian level. and the Zie Philosopher. This technique can allow you to become what is known as a "Zie Philosopher" but goes no further. "To break through from the mortal realm and reach the first step on the path of immortals one must open their lower dantian and begin to accept the power of the earth into it. Thus breaking through to become a Xiantian lifeform." You were aware of the next step but had no idea what a Zie Philosopher was nor how to achieve Xiantian status.

You're going to roll for enlightenment into the manual.

Basic cultivation manuals/ roll a d20 for gained understanding, you also roll a d100, and gain an extra point of understanding starting at 60 and going up 1 for every 10, so you 1 at 60 and 2 at 70 etc etc. If you roll above 85 you gain instant enlightenment on the text in a moment of pure clarity.

This is a basic manual and you need only 20 understanding to gain an enlightenment into it. If you roll a 20 you still have to roll 60 or above to fully gain it otherwise you'll have to meditate on the manual again and roll at least a 1 to fully comprehend it.

First roll gets it.

--
All cultivation techniques are levels in Xianxia fashion and there is usually a large gap in between the levels.
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>843552
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

>>843552
But that never matters to the MC.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d100)

>>843552
>>
After contemplating the manual for a while, you gain a small spark of enlightenment regarding the Xiantian portion of it and are pretty confident that you can pull it off. You breath calmly and slowly feel the river of energy surrounding you and then look inwards to your lower dantian. Slowly but surely you open the lower dantian up and immediately the energy of the Earth rushes in to fill the gap, you feel energized and powerful. It's unlike anything you've ever felt before. It continues to rush and makes a howling noise, nothing else seems to exist except this as you start to feel more at one with the Earth.

Eventually the energy seems to stop as your lower dantian fills up and you can't take any more energy into it. You open your eyes and look over to see Li Chen practicing his fist techniques on the air. You notice a certain pressure coming from him, very similar to what you yourself have. After examining him he finally turns around and he sees you are finally finished. He heads over to where you are "Finally a Xiantian Life form I see, it's a great feeling ain't it? I already finished an hour ago and started working on some fist techniques as well, I think I've all but mastered the first few stances of this already!" He says excitedly. Li chen has always been the best at everything, so it's no surprise he was a genius when it comes to cultivation. You stand up and are about to compare strength with him when you hear something coming closer to your location.

>Stand and fight

>Run

>hide

>Other(write-in)
>>
>>843680
>Stand and fight
We got this
>>
>>843680
>hide
It might be the town guards that's pursuing us before.
It also never hurts to see who the enemy first before fighting.
>>
>>843680
Find something we can use as a spear/staff
>>
File: 08ad4a6b4b1566252016091d0895c880.jpg (230KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
08ad4a6b4b1566252016091d0895c880.jpg
230KB, 1024x1024px
You hesitate for but a moment as you grab a nearby branch to use as a make-shift spear to fight whatever is coming. You look over to tell Li chen the plan only to find him already assuming a fighting stance and looking rather determined. You wait there for it to get closer for what feels like forever and just as you are about to charge and attack the shape becomes clear and you recognize it as your father. Before you can even wonder what he's doing here, Li chen rushes out and attempts to attack him only to be swatted away easily by your father who then walks to you. He walks right up to you with a very angry look on his face. He draws closer and you drop the spear out of fear for him admonishing you for raising a weapon against your own father. He stops right in front of you and brings you into a large embrace. "I'm so glad you're okay" He says a slight tear falling from his eye. He finally releases you from the hug and Li Chen stands up. "How'd you find us all the way out here old man!" he shouts at your father with a surprised tone. Your father looks rather amused and says "Finding a few novices like you was easy, the only reason the Mayor hasn't found you is because he's too arrogant" He looks back to you and hands you the bag in his hand. "This is everything we were saving up for you since you were born, it isn't much but you should be able to buy some new clothes and maybe a cheap weapon with it to start you out." Li Chen looks at your father and with an inquisitive tone says " So, you're okay with Eu and I just leaving town like this? You're not gonna try and drag us back or anything?" Your father lets out a light sigh and says "No, I know I can't stop you, it's the destiny of cultivators to explore and gain strength, while I wish you both would stay in town and live a simple life I know it's impossible." His voice is solemn but never wavers "Just promise to stop by once you're famous okay, Eu? And never forget that we love you, all of us will always love you." Your father gives you one last hug before finally going back to town.

----

I've been running for a little while and I can see I've lost a few people so I think I'll call it a night for now. I'll resume tomorrow at some time, I'm also setting up a twitter right now so I'll post that when I'm done.
>>
>>843834
Apparently, twitter won't let me have an account without giving them my phone number which ain't happening. So, I'll start again tomorrow between 12-2pm est if that helps.
>>
I got to this late, but it seems interesting. I'll be keeping up on it.
>>
>>843834
Keep it up.
Also we just trained in a earth based ki method but are there any body refinement methods or is it fused into one?
>>
>>843876
maybe you could always provide a fake phone number
>>
>>843834
http://namegens.wuxiaworld.com/issthdao/

An intresting random name gen.
>>
File: fff.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fff.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
"Wow, I thought for sure it was the Mayor and town guard coming to get us." Li Chen quickly says, trying to break the tension in the air after your fathers goodbye. "Well, we should keep moving before the Mayor really does catch up to us, who knows what punishment he has in store for us if he ever catches us." He then turns around and proceeds to pick up the scattered manuals off the ground. "Come on, I went with my mom to the city once to see my uncle, I'm sure he'll let us stay with him for a couple days while we hide out from the mayor." Li chen then turns around and starts running the opposite direction from your town. Left with no option you eventually turn around and run with him towards the city.

You travel for what seems like a day before finally stopping to make camp. Li Chen immediately looks into his manuals once again to try and gain some new enlightenment to them.
>Study the cultivation techniques

>Study the weapons techniques

>Go to sleep

>Other(write-in)

--

Almost slept right through this, honestly.

>>846260
They call to verify otherwise I would.

>>846366
I planned on using that one later on once we got to the larger clans. I love ISSTH
>>
>>846475
>Study cultivation techiques
>>
>>846475
>>Study the cultivation techniques
>>
>>846475
>Study the cultivation techniques
We shall stand at the pinnacle of this continent.
>>
>>
>>846475

I just tried making twitter account and there's skip button when they want your number.
>>
You decide to work on your cultivation foundation before you learn how to use weapons. Opening the "Ending River" Cultivation manual once more and make a small realization. You are only in the beginning phase of the Xiantian stage, while you are still more powerful than any mortal, a Middle phase Xiantian lifeform would easily kill you. you continue to read the manual enamored in the text, it goes on to explain that the lower dantian has 3 chambers, and to get into the next phase you must forcefully break the next chamber open. Not everyone can succeed in this and some ignore it completely and instead cultivate their first chamber to be much larger to take in the Earth's power.This can be equal to two open chambers at its peak. Cultivating all 3 chambers is the mark of a genius, and even only opening the second puts one miles ahead of others.

>Attempt to break open the next chamber immediately

>Raise the power of your first chamber instead.

>Consult Li chen on what to do

>other(write-in)
>>
>>846475
>>Study the weapons techniques
Get some basics and make sure to start mixing staff and spear at some point
>>
>>846563
>>Attempt to break open the next chamber immediately
Check the other cultivation manuals
>>
>>846552
I got an "account locked" screen that won't leave until I provide my phone number. If it persists, I'll just clear up my personal twitter and use that.
>>
>>846475
>>Study the weapons techniques
>>
>>846563
>>Raise the power of your first chamber instead.
>>
>>846563
>>Raise the power of your first chamber instead.
>>
>>846563
>Raise the power of your first chamber instead.
Afterwards we can open the next one
>>
File: eeee.jpg (66KB, 736x900px) Image search: [Google]
eeee.jpg
66KB, 736x900px
After briefly considering it you decide to raise the power of your first chamber. If you can expand it and strengthen it, then you'll have an even more solid base. Meditating on the ground you feel the power of the Earth around you and in you, ever flowing in and out. You bring the power in, and then flow it out, slowly at first but then more vigorously until you reach a constant cycle in and out, ever flowing. An air of power slowly starts to form around you as leaves on the ground begin to raise up in a mimic of your flowing power. Li Chen is visibly startled at the display and stops his fist practice to watch you meditate.

Roll a d100 for your success rate. I'll take the highest of the first three rolls.
>>
Rolled 94 (1d100)

>>846672
>>
>>846563
>>Attempt to break open the next chamber immediately
Let's goooooo
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

>>846672
>>
Rolled 75 (1d100)

>>846672
>>
Rolled 12 (1d100)

>>846672
>>
Rolled 35 (1d100)

>>846672
I was too late. Let's see if I can make up for it.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d100)

>>846672
>>
File: f.jpg (12KB, 600x386px) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
12KB, 600x386px
The flow of energy never seems to stop and you feel your First chamber to grow exponentially. By this point even rocks are starting to flow around you, mimicking the flow of the Earth. Your first chamber eventually slows down its expansion until its more than double the size it was before as you proceed to fill it up with more Earth Energy. After what feels like forever but in reality was only but a moment you finally open your eyes. You see Li chen pacing around with a worried expression on his face. He notices you looking and starts to point towards the sky. Confused you look upwards to see large dark clouds surrounding the area directly above you. "This is bad! I dunno what you did but the heavens are pissed! I think you sparked a tribulation!" Just as he says this a large crack of thunder rings out and lightning strikes a tree next to you and quickly falls down as it erupts into flames. "Holy Shit! You better be ready for this because it's gonna hurt!" Li chen yells as he readies himself, seemingly prepared to help you against this tribulation. You can see the clouds getting ready for another blast you know is headed right for you...

>Stand and fight

>Run and hide

>other(write-in)
>>
>>846751
>Stand and fight
we about to get some lightning to the face >.<
>>
>>846751
>F.jpg
Are you paying respects to us OP?
Are we that screwed?
>Run and hide
Let's not fight the heavens
>>
>>846751
>>Stand and fight
>>
>>846751
>>Run and hide
no weapon techniques yet.
>>
>>846751
>>Stand and fight
>>
>>846751
>>Stand and fight
>>
File: red.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
red.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
"Well, Eu, looks like the heavens really wanna kill you today don't it?" Li chen says smacking you on the back with a smirk on his face. "I dunno what you did but I sure as hell won't let my best friend be killed now or ever! If the heavens won't accept you then we'll just force them to!" He shouts at the sky. The clouds didn't seem to like that and only grow bigger before finally the lightning strikes down at you. You freeze on the spot, filled with indecisivness, you almost go to run but just as you do you see Li Chen jump up, seeming to want to meet the lightning mid way. He punches out at the lightning before being struck down to the ground by it. The lightning is noticeably slowed due to his interferrence and much weaker as well.

>Grab Li Chen and run

>Fight back

>other (Write-in)
>>
>>846842
>Fight back
Okay we're punching lightning.
This isn't a bad idea at all.
>>
>Fight back

If our Earth Chi doesn't require a constant connection to the ground, Li had the right idea. Jump up and meet the lightning midair.
>>
>Fight back
our spear will pierce the heavens! or at least the lightning
>>
>>846842
>>Grab Li Chen and run
>>
File: arge.jpg (4KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
arge.jpg
4KB, 300x168px
You look over at LI Chen, blooding coming out of his mouth. You sure as hell can't run away after the show he just put on for you. Left with no other choice you raise your head towards the lightning and punch out with all your might. Just as your raise your fist up the lightning meets it and it makes a grand collision. Lightning is thrown everywhere, knocking down trees, and lighting the sky up bright as day. You hear a rumbling from the clouds as they start to disperse and the sky once again becomes clear, like nothing has ever happened. You fall on your back, hand charred to hell, heaving a huge sigh you look up and wonder where you got the courage to ever try anything like that. You look over to see Li chen passed out peacefully with that same stupid smile on his face that he always seems to have.

>Take a well deserved rest

>Get up and study some more

>Grab Li chen and leave the area

>Other (Write-in)
>>
>>846909
>>Get up and study some more
>>
>Grab Li chen and leave the area
>>
>>846909
>>Get up and study some more
We can sleep when we're not prone to sudden death by divine lightning.
>>
>>846909
>Get up and study some more
This is just proof we need to get stronger
>>
>>846930
tribulations usually only happen at set milestones no need to worry about random lightning
>>
>>846953
I'm still not really sure why it happened. Was it a test? Were the god pissed? Did some foul sorcerer call it down? I'm confused.
>>
>>846995
It might really have been a test of our character.
Like the lightning was easy to stop.
Maybe running is a bad thing and we should avoid doing it.
>>
>>847008
it was a bit easier cuz our friend helped and its only the first but latter tribulations are much bigger deal
>>
>>847008
Well, no one likes a coward. We only run if we're severely outclassed or if staying would cause greater harm elsewhere.

You know, standard hero procedure. Not because we think we're a hero, but because it's an upright way to act.
>>
>>847016
Yeah that makes sense but it's exactly that.
It was our first test.
If we ran things probably would have gotten worse now that I think about it.
>>
Laying on the ground, amazed that you're even still alive, hundreds of things rush into your head but you manage to focus on one: Getting Stronger! If you were stronger than you could of dealt with that much easier and anything else that comes your way. You hop up off the ground still in clear pain, you then limp over and open your weapons manual. "Piercing heaven contemplation" It's a spear technique, while you don't have a spear you're sure that a branch can work just as well for temporary. "The spear has a great range and power, it does not slice like the sword, but instead it pierces! It pierces your enemy! It pierces the soul! And if practiced enough, it could even pierce the heavens!" The book goes on with very similar phrasing throughout as well several stances and basic techniques that one should learn.

Roll for enlightenment, it's a basic manual so roll a d20 + d100

--
>>846995
>>847008
In Xianxia stories cultivating is considered an affront to the heavens and they try and exterminate cultivators who do so. But it's also said that the heavens are fair and give people a chance, so the lightning won't be anything that you couldn't handle at your level.
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>847028
>>
Rolled 61 (1d100)

>>847028
Well the gods won't stop us.
>>
in any case it probably be a good idea to get our weapon techniques before we try for our second chamber as a precaution, and helpful treasures and pills/herbs before zi philosopher
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>847028
Ah, thanks. I didn't get why they were so mad before.
>>
Rolled 76 (1d100)

>>847028
>>
Rolled 9 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>847028
>>
Rolled 44 (1d100)

>>847028
>>
File: adfeeee.jpg (19KB, 640x419px) Image search: [Google]
adfeeee.jpg
19KB, 640x419px
You feel a certain warmness in your hands as you hold the branch of your make-shift spear. Practicing the techniques, it somehow feels natural, fierce but calm at the same time. You practice the techniques for a few hours before you finally feel confident that you've mastered the first few stances of the tecnhique. The First stance: Lowering swing, the second stance: Raising claw, the third stance: Floating wave, and the fourth stance: Piercing lullaby. These few stances are simple yet very profound, noble, yet savage and wild. You feel your understanding in the Dao of spears has taken a qualitative leap as well. While you're enamored in your spearcraft Li Chen slowly wakes up holding his head. "Man, that was pretty intense, I have a splitting headache" He says before jumping up, seemingly in perfect condition. "We should hurry up and go before some wild beasts come looking for a quick meal" He shouts at you, causing you to lose your concentration. You nod your head in agreement and start to pick up your things. When you both finally have everything packed you look around to realize that the tribulation has caused an alter in the local landscape. "You, uh, don't happen to remember which way to go do you?" Li chen says as he looks around. Most of the trees have fallen and the ones that aren't, are charred beyond recognition. "Well, I got us this far, so, it's your turn now! Which way should we go Eu? I think the city is near those mountains over there but I could be wrong.."

>Go to the mountains

>Look in the immediate area for landmarks

>Walk the opposite way of the mountains

>Wander off and hope you don't get lost

>Other (Write-in)
>>
>>847104
>>Go to the mountains
We'll trust in our friend for now. Hopefully he isn't one of those "always lost" types.
>>
>>847104
>>Go to the mountains
>>
>Wander off and hope you don't get lost
its not wandering its exploring!
>>
>>847104
>Go to the mountains
We're definitely going to get lost.
>>
File: Middle_of_Nowhere.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Middle_of_Nowhere.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
>>847134
anon we cant be lost if we know where we are, and clearly we are in the middle of nowhere
>>
File: wolfy.jpg (55KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
wolfy.jpg
55KB, 720x540px
You look at the mountains in the distance and decide to head that way, even if the city isn't that way, something has to be...

After 5 days of endless walking the mountain doesn't seem to be getting any closer at all. "You know, maybe, and stick with me on this one, just maybe, it was actually the opposite way of the mountains.." Li chen says nervously while slowly backing away from you. "But look at it this way! At least we know which way is the right way now! And whats' another 5 day trip of walking" He hurriedly says while hiding behind a tree. You're about to get onto him for being such an idiot when you suddenly hear a low growl in the bushes behind you. You turn around just in time to see a large white wolf running towards you, not looking very friendly. Just as it jumps up to pounce at you, Li chen jumps out of nowhere and knocks it away with its fist! "You know, this is about the 7th time I've saved your life this week I think!" He says as he lands on the ground next to you and starts to laugh. "This is the thrill I've been looking for! It's just one thing after another and I absolutely love it!" He shouts as he takes his fighting stance.

>Grab your branch and ready yourself

>Grab Li Chen and run

>Try to calm the beast down

>other (write-in)
>>
>>847192

>Large white wolf
Obviously this isn't a regular wolf.
We should tame it.
>>
>>847192
>>Try to calm the beast down
>>
>>847192
>>Try to calm the beast down
>>
>>847192

hope its only the one
>>
>>847192
Try to calm it down
>>847198
Taming beasts is a Xianxia classic
>>
>>847225
Yep.
If this was an RPG setting I'd say kill it for rare drops
But this is Xianxia so animal companion a must.
>>
You look closer at the beast as you ready your weapon to fight it before you notice that it has broken chains attached to one of its legs. And another of its legs seems to be injured as well. Li chen runs towards the best to attack it but you grab him before he can and point out the injury. "Wow, it's got that huge injury and those chains and its still this strong, that thing must be a class 3 beast at the minimum!" He shouts. The beast just stays there watching you, you attempt to draw closer but as you do it growls and gets ready to attack you. "Maybe we should feed it!" Li Chen quickly says as he pulls some of the bread he brought along with him. He then slowly creeps closer to the beast and lays the bread in front of it. "It's okay, we're not going to hurt you" He says before slowly backing away. The beast sniffs the bread before quickly snatching it up and running back the way it came. "How ungrateful, the least it could do is let me ride on it!" Li chen says angrily while crossing his chest.

>Follow the wolf

>Head towards the city

>Rest here for now

>Other (write-in)
>>
>>847306
>>Follow the wolf
>>
>>847306
>>Follow the wolf
It's too cool not to.
>>
>>847306
>Follow the wolf
Autism is the right answer in this situation
>>
>Follow the wolf
much as id like we get a proper spear, i like the wolf better
>>
You quickly run after the wolf, curious of where it's going in such a hurry. "Hey, where are you going?! it clearly wants to be left alone" Li chen yells as he runs after you. The wolf is quick but you follow the trail it left closely until you find what appears to be a well-tread path in the forest. On the path is a caravan that appears to have been attacked by some unknown assailant, most carriages are on fire the rest are in pieces. You can smell burning flesh and the stench almost makes you vomit. Li chen comes up from behind you and puts his hand on your shoulder "The world is a dangerous place, something like this happens all the time.... At least that's what my mom told me" He says in a solemn voice. You look at the ruins of it for a second and decide to turn around and go back when you suddenly hear a loud cry, a babies cry. You look over and see through the window of an over turned carriage a baby laying crying and a white wolf bringing Li Chen's bread to the baby...

--

Unforunately I have to do some things so I'll have to end it there. I'll work on getting a Twitter or something similar and post it here. If I can't manage that then expect the next quest on Wednesday at sometime.
>>
>>847415
Time to go hunting.
>>
>>847415
Save the babie and the wolf.
Magic beasts in xianxia are usually inteligent enough to understand human speach even at the lowest levels so persuade it to help it take care of the kid.
Also loot everything usefull you can find.
And we might want to train a fist technique as well just so we have an unarmed option.
Thread posts: 124
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.