[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hero Guardian Quest #16

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: HGQP2.jpg (698KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HGQP2.jpg
698KB, 1920x1080px
The world was once ours and we shared it equally. The forest was our domain and it stretched between all four corners of the world. We lived in peace and upheld the balance. There was death, but no suffering. It was all part of the circle of life. However, all that changed when the creatures with the Red Flower came to this world. Humans, the Guardians called them. They came in the night and burned down our forests, killed our guardians, raped and pillaged our lands. There was no end to their crusade against us and no reason behind their cruelty.

We, the creatures of the forest, were brought close to extinction before our salvation came: The World Tree, the center and the roots of our Forest that once spanned the world, called us all back to it. Within its borders the last Guardian, the Great Horned Owl Kafuu, placed three barrier spells that would keep the Red Flower out and whoever wielded it. Before he fell into a deep slumber from which there would be no awakening, he placed the new role of Guardianship upon the red-eyed Awoo Race. They would guard this new forest realm behind walls of magic until the end of time.

After three centuries of peace, the first of the three barriers were broken and we received a grim reminder that the Humans will not stop until all Creatures of the Forest lie dead. You are Lin, a 17 year old Awoo girl, and your dreams at the moment are blank and ephemeral as you fade in and out of consciousness.

[STATS]
>Combat: [++++]
>Social: [++]
>Knowledge: [+++]

[Traits/Perks]
>[Guardian physique]: Through severe near-death moments and fighting, the limit of your stamina has increased and you're more sturdy. +1 on the dice for Endurance Checks
>[You Control It]: In a moment of great fear, you persevered without your Guardian Blade. Your mind can now endure more. +1 on the dice for Sanity Checks.
>[Inner Wolf]: The Ancestral White Wolf within you has awakened and you’ve gained a portion of the speed it was known for. +1 on the dice for Reflex/Agility Checks.

[Abilities]
>[Berserker Mode]: Activate your rapid regeneration ability, but the longer you stay in it, the steeper the price becomes for using it. It lasts until all external and internal wounds have been healed. It takes at least an hour before you may use it again. [The Price]: Every time you use this ability, your resistance to the Red Flower within you grows weaker, allowing it to eventually assume control of you.
________

Twitter: @MGHandler
Last Thread: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/451871/
Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Awoo

Now Officially Under New Management.
>>
Last time on Hero Guardian Quest:

Lin woke up, to find her team decimated once again. She was able to reconnect briefly with Ming and spend some time to herself, before realizing that due to her usage of her Berserker mode and regeneration, the Red Flower inside her has already started its subtle attempts at control via a constant 'hunger' that is its desire to return 'home'. Rushi then gave her the choice of becoming a floating interrim Captain for dismantled teams, or being assigned a abnormal team that would need heavy guidance. You chose the former, and now you're off on your first mission with them.

Your feelings about this change are...very, very muddled.
>>
>>842385
As your newest team weaves through the trees, you’re still feeling more than a bit frustrated at current events. You’d been sent back to the decimated Northern front, where you’d once fought the Grim Knight and triumphed. To think that that time had seemed so recent...you can still remember the blood and ash in the air…

The day after you all had met, Rushi informed you of the situation- he had been keeping some Guardians up north to hold the lands, and they’d been unfortunate enough to run afowl of the passing Sedgwick. Many had been slaughtered, but some had managed to flee. Others, reportedly, were missing. What’s more, after passing by, they had sent reports of unnatural weather that had been occurring throughout the area. Strange cases of heat and cold rapidly happening, and for a few miles around. Rushi had thought it prudent to send some additional Guardians to investigate- although you were under strict orders to not engage, should Sedgwick still be around. As painful as it was, the risk was exceedingly high.

As it happened, Tui was exceedingly formal, and never spoke out of turn, if at all. Aya wasn’t a chatterbox either, but she seemed to have a slightly malaise around her that you hadn’t quite been able to crack. Bao, at the very least, seemed both snarky and formal, a dry respect for everyone that wasn’t grating.

Your job was relatively simple, but with a decent chance of going wrong- like most, as you found. If word spreads to other humans- and you know it’s likely it will- who knows how they’ll react.

“What do you think it’s up to?” Bao asks.

“No clue. If it’s really controlling the weather like this, I don’t know if I WANT to know…” Chao answers. “I just hope we can actually kill him.”

“Everyone dies eventually,” Aya muses. “It is just a hope that some die better than others.”

>Try to make conversation with them. (Say what?)
>Leave them to their own devices, focus on your surroundings.
>Other
>>
>>842388
>>Leave them to their own devices, focus on your surroundings.

>afowl
>>
>>842399
I KNEW I spelled it wrong, and SWORE I went back to fix it.
>>
Hm. 5 more minutes since it's the first post.
>>
>>842388
>Leave them to their own devices, focus on your surroundings.
>>
That'll work! Writing!
>>
>>842388
You let them talk as they will- you’re more focused on arriving without any undue surprises blindsiding you. If anything happens, you’ll tell them to quiet down, but as it is, they’re not being that loud.

(TIME FOR ROLLS!)
(3d10, best of 3)
>>
Rolled 5, 10, 6 = 21 (3d10)

>>842517
>>
Rolled 3, 8, 10 = 21 (3d10)

>>842517
>>
Solid start.
>>
>>842388
As you keep your eyes peeled, you feel the wind at your back and the sun high above. Even through the trees, it seems as though things are optimal for you at the moment. You and your team make your way through the forests as you continue upwards, and you’re soon approaching the old encampment.

You quickly shush the others, and fortunately they’re quick to comply as well. As you look around, your initial view is that there’s nothing major or out of sorts- the place seems to still be abandoned, mostly. You can see what appears to be a campfire, recently put out, and a single tent- but you can hear no voices. There’s also a noticeable chill in the air, which wasn’t there much earlier…

“I’m already getting weirded out,” Bao says below his breath. “Can you feel that weird pressure in the air?”

Indeed you can. It’s not a pressure on your body, though- more a pressure on your soul, your very being. It’s a pressure that pushes outwards, however, as if there’s a rope tied around your heart, and is trying to drag you elsewhere. It’s easily resistible, for the moment, but the fact that you have these urges at all is mildly concerning.

Chao looks at you. “What’s the call, captain?” Hm. You could probably make a case for either splitting up or sticking together, depending.

>We’ll keep together. Circular sweep outwards.
>Split up, fan out. Report back after ten minutes.
>Other
>>
>>842621
>>We’ll keep together. Circular sweep outwards.
>>
>>842621
>>
Alright, as with yesterday, I'll be back later tonight. (Blame work.) In the meantime, I have to ask:

What are you hoping for with this revival? Besides just finishing the story, I mean. Any changes you're hoping for, anything you're looking at closer, etc? I want your opinion because I want to do this well, and in a way that keeps interest.
>>
>>842621

>>842638
Mmm, maybe finding out more about the world beyond 'Forest' and 'Human territory'. I'm curious to see if the Red Flower has had any other physical effects on Lin as they become more attuned - Especially since we've seen all the interesting stuff humans pull with it.

What happens when Lin's feelings finally reach a breaking point is also something I anticipate.
>>
>>842621
I was still hanging out in the old thread since I forgot to check twitter.

>>842638
I think all I want is for Lin to kick ass and earn that happy end somehow. Maybe just watch the world burn with Chao or something after things go horribly wrong.
>>
>>842638
>I want your opinion
I didn't start reading the quest until it was at the 7th thread and I enjoyed it until it was laid to rest during the original 15th thread. Honestly? I'm not enjoying this revival so far. The updates are less detailed, none of the characters have the same voices and it feels too different. Lin definitely feels like an entirely different character than before. That's my opinion. I'll stick around a bit more, but I honestly don't see myself staying beyond this thread. It's too off from the original work.
>>
>>844395
Fair dues. I'm been attempting to mimic Shonen, but I'll admit that it's not quite the same- I'm still attempting to figure it out. The detail is something I'm trying to work out as well, but with the type of notes I have to work with, a surprising amount of 'what is this place like' is guesswork, and I'm trying to not stray too far from what's been defined, location-wise.

I still think I'll be able to find a better groove later on down the line in terms of writing the character, but I can understand if you don't want to bother waiting.
>>
>>844460
Isn't it a bad idea to try to write like Shonen? Sounds like a bad time for everybody if you can't nail it or if you nail it too much and end up not having fun since it's hardly your writing. I'd say just put your own spin on things and take it wherever you think it can go. If people don't like where it's going then it can just be killed off again.
>>
>>844505
Appreciated. Either way, writing! We'll see how it rolls out.
>>
>>842621
“We’ll stay together,” you decide. “Better not to risk anything catching us off guard. We’ll make a circular sweep outwards, and keep our eyes peeled.” The rest nod and move to follow you with little complaint. Even Chao falls in line as you all begin the sweep.

There’s not a lot of sound coming from the lot of you as you keep moving. You can feel the wind blow strangely- like there’s something stirring it up, but as you look up, all you can see through the trees are the clouds. Maybe it’s just a strange pattern; although even as you think it you can’t say you really believe it. There’s just that eerie feeling…

Suddenly, noise! You quickly outstretch your hand to have them stop as your team takes cover in and behind trees. Chao leaps up besides you, as you hide yourself away with hardly a rustle. Soon, you can hear more voices- pained ones. They’re not coming exactly towards you, however...it feels like they’re heading away from the camp, actually. You can just barely smell blood in the air, as well. There’s been a fight.

In time, you can see what seem to be five humans passing by at a quick pace perpendicular to your path. They’re mostly clad in light armor; cured leather and straps, some metal in each of their more vital areas, and each are armed with a light blade. There’s only one in full steel plate, with sword and shield out he leads the group. Several of them have wounds- save for the leader.

“Captain, we need to rest sooner than later…” you can hear one lament, breathing heavily. It’s clear by the way he’s clutching his side he’s feeling more hurt than the others.

“Too dangerous here and now,” is the terse reply. “We stop here, we’ll sleep the sleep of the dead. Too much going on.”

As they keep going, Chao looks to you expectantly. “Easy pickings…”

True, but part of you’s more curious what they’re running FROM. Still, they’re here, and open…

>Let them go for now. We might attract attention otherwise.
>You’re right. Let’s move quickly.
>Other
>>
>>844795
>>Let them go for now. We might attract attention otherwise.
>>
Fell asleep at the keyboard, but it seems like it matters little. Nonetheless I WILL be continuing this Sunday for the all-day run. I'm not quite ready to give up on it so soon.

See you then, and if you have any further questions or anything, feel free to ask!
>>
>>844795
>>You’re right. Let’s move quickly.
>>
>>844795
>>You’re right. Let’s move quickly.
What exactly is our mission this time? I gave the last few posts a glance and didn't see any specifics. If it's just scouting out for Sedgewick and such there no real need to engage but it's probably better to take them out anyway.
>>
>>844795
>>Let them go for now. We might attract attention otherwise.
>>
And it's dead again, Jim.
>>
>>860821
Check Twitter.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.