[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Supernatural Sheriff Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

It is a cold evening, the clock just hit 11 hours. The early days of winter have graced the city of Pesken. Snow haven't covered the regional capital yet, but the night air is fresh and crisp. Your regular patrol begins.

You are Jozeph Kabelov, and your duty is to uphold an unwritten law, against those whom the usual scriptures and enforcements cannot contain. You are the sheriff. A last line between peace, and a total war of the underworld. You don your reinforced long coat. Shields against the cold and harm, not to mention it makes concealing things more easly. You tuck your sword, and guns into their respective holsters. And you take your badge.

Your badge is a medallion usually hanging around your neck, and concealed by your clothes. The medal in enhanced, so it will make your features look less recognizable, changing your description from bystander to bystander who are asked about your looks. Anyone whom you haven't talked with more than a few sentences will have a harder time remembering you. You can deactivate this effect at will.

The medallion isn't just a trinket to help you blend in, and do your work incognito. It's also the badge of your office. When your reveal it, all those who are in indoctrinated in the supernatural know for sure who you are, and what are your duties.

Speaking of which, it's time for your patrol.
>A) You are new around this town. Time to give a regular visit to the local players
>B) You've been around for a while now, you could go and wander where you want
In both cases you get the same equipment and powers, which I will slowly reveal as we go. The only thing changes is how the NPCs will view you.
>>
>>842139
Gotta go with A, have to know
>>
>>842139
>>A) You are new around this town. Time to give a regular visit to the local players
>>
>>842139
>>A) You are new around this town. Time to give a regular visit to the local players
>>
>>842163
>>842165
>>842172

Well, you better go around and see who are the local faces.

>A) Let's go and take a carriage ride to the Outskirts, meet some of the Forestdwellers, who aren't really part of the city, but undoubtedly part of your jurisdiction
>B) The Gladiolus Brothel opens around this time. You better let the vampires know you are keeping and eye on them.
>C) The Gargolyes are usually the more relaxed bunch in the town. They are also well-informed. Might worth a visit
>D) Maybe you should check in at the local University. The higher Magisters are one of the few regular organizations who know who you are and what you do.
>E) It's cold out there, you haven't even completely unpacked yet. Stay at home and pimp out your Sheriff Lair
>>
>>842204
>>C) The Gargolyes are usually the more relaxed bunch in the town. They are also well-informed. Might worth a visit
>>
>>842207
writing
>>
>>842207
You decide that the local freemasons could be a good start. Not so exciting, but a safe bet for some minimal results. You get to St.Magnus’s Cathedral around midnight, as the toll of the bell is heard. The building is as giant on the inside as on the outside, and that doesn’t help it’s heating one bit. The candles have been diligently kept lit, to bathe the interior in a bright glow.

After the giant entrance closes, you make your way trough the mirad of stairs, leading up to the belltower. You don’t see a single soul trough the whole way. When you finally get to the top, another heavily clad door faces you, apparently locked.

>What do?
>>
>>842248
>Knock and make sure the first thing the person sees is the badge
>I AM THE LAW
>>
>>842248
>Knock on the door.
>"Open up, yeah? It's me."
>>
>>842256
>>842291
You do what a normalperson would do; knock. The loud sound echoes trough the empty staircase.
….
Nothing.
You do it again and again.
…..

Damn these stone asses are patient.

“I know you are in there, stop hiding. A priest wouldn’t knock, just use a key, and everyone else wouldn’t be let it by the automatic sealing door!”
For a minute, you are thinking about changing tactics, when a bolt hole opens on the door, and an eye looks out.
“So who are you?”
“It’s me” you say, and show him the badge
The eyes widen, and you are sure they would blink a few times, if they had any eyelids. The hole closes, and you hear the rattling of a key. After a few moments the door finally opens, revealing a hunchback figure, with an inhuman visage.
“Well come one in” he ushers, and closes the door behind you when entering. “What can I do for you?”
You look around the wide loft. It has many bells around, and a few doorways leading to the outside of the cathedral.

You are obviously here to introduce yourself and ask questions. Ask anything and I will give answers as the gargoyle knows them, or if they are trivial as Jozeph would know them
>>
>>842311
If no questions in 20 mins, I'll just go on with an introduction, and some gossip we can go on
>>
>>842311
"What's the word around town? Hear anything interesting?"
>>
File: 6gargoyles.jpg (162KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
6gargoyles.jpg
162KB, 1200x900px
>>842311
>>842335
“My name is Jozeph Kabelov, I am the new sheriff in town”
“Girbol Wettesboro, Councilman of the freemasons in Pesken. A pleasure” says the gargoyle and you shake claws “Sorry for the scarce welcoming, we didn’t expect guests tonight. All the other councilmen are out on assignments, business trips, and vacations. To what do I owe the honor?”
“Oh I just decided to drop by and say hi. Also as your people tend to be well-informed and reliable I thought I’d ask, what's the word around town? Hear anything interesting?"

“Ah yes well, a lot as always, but something a sheriff might be interested in, hmmmm.” He is silent in thought for a bit, muttering; “Business is booming, two new guard-towers on the southern walls, the missionary of O’pacha is officially started… Oh, I know. The Fair Folk had an influx of newcomers, they call themselves the Pillarites. I don’t know what brings them around here. Maybe the change of the seasons”

His eyes glint “Tough speaking of newcomers, have you made you accommodations yet? My guild is willing and capable of making you a place to stay. We handle constructions and renovations alike.”

>A) Oh you already have inherited a house from your predecessor (just a building no equipment)
>B) Oh you already rented a nice room, and payed ahead for this month
>C) No, I don’t have a base of operations yet
>D) Write-in
>>
>>842396
>>A) Oh you already have inherited a house from your predecessor (just a building no equipment)
Maximum customizability and all that snazz.
>>
>>842533
"Thank you, but I am already supplied."
"Very well, but remember we also take extensions, and renovations, so feel free to send a pigeon if you ever need us"

After some speaking with Girbol, you decide to get going. It’s 2 am now, and Witching Hour is drawing nigh. Many of the spirits are called forth at this time, and certain gatherings, rituals can only last in this time interval.

>A) Enough for now, take some casual walk till the Witching Hour ends, then get home (skip to next day)
>B) Try to follow up on this Pillarites business on the Outskirts
>C) See if anything is afoot in the local cemetery
>D) Write-in
>>
>>842761
>C) See if anything is afoot in the local cemetery
Are undead inherently evil in this setting?
>>
>>842772
>Are undead inherently evil in this setting?
Undead are either mindless automatons (like skeleton minions), or simply people. That means usually either sad, frightened, or outright bitter about them being undead. Which could lead to some morally questionable actions.

Still unless some specific circumstances are present, resurrecting dead, or making undead is really prohibited.
>>
>>842772
>>842800
The central cemetery isn’t too far from the cathedral itself. There is a big mortuary that is closed and silent. No funerals or incinerations are being held today. You see the complex roads of headstones, and family tombs inside the tall iron-fence.
The large iron gate of the cemetery stands before you, and a guard booth is beside it. A massively bored looking guard is standing inside of it, leaning on his halberd.

>A) Ask if you can enter the cemetery
>B) Go around and try to find another way in
>C) Try to climb over the fence
>D) Write-in
>>
>>842862
>A) Ask if you can enter the cemetery
>Shove your badge in his face
>I AM THE LAW
>>
>>842880
You walk up to the booth, and knock on the side of it. No window you know, it only has 3 and a half walls to keep out the wind more or less, and one roof to protect from the rain.
“Yes?” the man asks morosely
“I’d like to go in”
“At this hour?”
You whip out your medallion and show it to him
“Yes”
The guard leans closer to look at the badge, then back at you. Then the badge again. He finally straightens again scratching his head underneath his helmet.
“Only you?” he asks leaning from left to right to see if anyone else is behind you. Apparently the man has no idea what do you want with the medallion, but he probably met some weirdos in this gig, and as such doesn’t ask about. When you confirm that you alone, he continues.
“Do you have any shovels with ya?” When your answer is negatory, he nods. “Allright, you can go in, but you better not leave with more than you came in, or I’ll have to beat you with the blunt edge of this” He knocks the floor of the booth with his spear.
You enter as he motions to the gate.

>A) Patrol around the border of the cemetery, inside of the fence.
>B) Go to the poorer part of the cemetery
>C) See the section with the wealthier Tombs
>D) Write-in
>>
>>842946
>C) See the section with the wealthier Tombs
Surely the shady necromancers are trying to resurrect the ancient ultra-knights buried in the fancy tombs.
>>
We are now taking a 8-12 hour break. Stay tuned!
>>
>>843070
Still staying tuned.
>>
>>843070

Dead quest. A pity...this one had potential.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.