[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dungeon quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

(This is my first attempt at a quest, - don't be too harsh. You are not required to roll, because the outcome of your actions will be judged based on the last two digits of the post number.

>You are a party of five adventurers

After days of walking down the beaten path and across uncharted lands, you decide to temporarily rest your weapons and take residence in a little hamlet to the north. Not much else is knpwn about this place, but it looks decent for you to settle in.
Your party seems to be the single one in the tavern, and no other sounds aside from the bartender counting some coins can be heard. You could look outside if there would be any windows not covered in a thick layer of dust and dirt, and you might as well order a drink, but don't expect an answer from the bored tavernkeep.

You are seated in the back of the wooden hut, at the round table, and are doing nothing but staring at each other.

"Bah" says one of you, yet suddenly stops and decides not to speak any further. I believe enough information was given, yet one question still stands.

>Who are you?
>>
YAHALLO
>>
YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE litteraly
>>
>>83061
>Who are you?

A zombie adventurer.
>>
>>83617

You are a zombie adventurer. Not much is known about you or your so-called past life, but what is even wierder is that you managed to slip inside the tavern unnotoced.

>4 slots left
>>
A wingless gargoyle. Without wings I am just a statue and cannot move on my own.
>>
File: 1439440650859.jpg (15KB, 192x171px) Image search: [Google]
1439440650859.jpg
15KB, 192x171px
>>83061
>because the outcome of your actions will be judged based on the last two digits of the post number.

Ahahahahaha. Have fun OP.
>>
>>83770
No no, I'm sure it's not a d10 or d100, but he has an extensive random encounters table he is pulling from.
>>
>>83762

You're a statue, and God knows how you got in, or if you even count as an adventurer.

>>83770

Feel free to roll. The above rule applies if you decide not to.

> 3 slots left
>>
>>83819
A mediocre adventurer that started traveling with this bunch of circus freaks for some pocket change.
>>
>>83819
A talkingdog-sized wyvern with a thirst for money... and bitches.
>>
>>83819
a historian/magician adept looking for event or anything worth to record for
>>
>>83829

You're an average Joe when it comes to adventuring, but going around with a zombie comrade and a stone companion seemed like a good ideea.

>2 slots left
>>
>>83873
>>83861
AM I IN?
>>
>>83873
yeah you need a dog-sized wyvern c'mon man.
>>
File: 1442181237345.png (402KB, 452x383px) Image search: [Google]
1442181237345.png
402KB, 452x383px
>>83873
I am a retired member of the Royal Armed Forces.
>>
>>83857
>>8386

The historian and the bitch-thirsty wyvern are those that make up the rest of the party, and so begins our adventure!

After spending a great deal of your time chatting and losing several staring contests with the wyverb, you gain the attention of the bored barkeep.

"Aye, you fellas know about The Cave? Y'know, that place down to the south. Rumour has it there are a lot of riches to claim and treasures to find over there. I could tell ya'll bastards more. For a price."

The bartender scartches his chin, and you are aimlessly staring at the creepy barkeep, with looks of distrust across your faces. What could possibly dwell in this "cave" he speaks of...?

>State your actions
>>
>>83061
You are a sentient noose, fraying at the edges. You also have a classy British accent. Your motto is "I'm afraid not".
>>
Please excuse the eventual spelling mistakes and god-awf formatting - I'm on my phone.
>>
File: 1440755680732.jpg (37KB, 411x357px) Image search: [Google]
1440755680732.jpg
37KB, 411x357px
>>83931
Am I too late OP?
>>
>>83931
>I'm torn between the speak of potential treasure, and the busty wenches at the bar
>>
>>83944

You walk into the tavern and briefly stare down the indviduals at the round table. You are then drawn in by the barkeep's words, and decide to join in.
>>
>>83931
ask the price and prepare to pay as being the only sane person here
>>
>>83931
>"A cave? That sounds like too much effort."
>"Even more if it's wet."
>"But, the promise of adventure and riches seems highly tempting..."
>>
>>83931
I demand that someone places me on the counter, and then I give him a really good gargoyle stare.
>>
>>83944
I'd fancy a gent with a classy, good ol' Brit accent rather than some statue.

I feel bad for you.
>>
File: perilsmald.jpg (122KB, 269x400px) Image search: [Google]
perilsmald.jpg
122KB, 269x400px
>>83975
Thanks OP.
>>83931
Got to be a reason why noones got that money, any rumours about bandits? Outlaws?
>>
The bartender looks at you and nods in agreement as he hears the word "Money" come out of the historian's mouth.

"I would be happy to take much as your purse allows. As for outlaws, there are far worse things in that bloody hellhole. The sole person that convinced me to open up to them and speak was retarded enough to make his way inside. Needless to say, he never returned."
>>
>>84041
"Maybe he got so well off he didn't feel like returning."
"This isn't that nice of a town, anyways."
>>
File: Page25_05_1518898a.jpg (50KB, 532x553px) Image search: [Google]
Page25_05_1518898a.jpg
50KB, 532x553px
>>84041
Deadmen tell no tales, these vermin whoever they're have clearly been a consistent thorn in your side.

*The Veteran holds the pommel of whatever weapon OP will give me while swiping his garments*

Talk money, I'll smoke 'em out.
>>
he kept quiet as he was wrong before,
he watched and recorded
>>
>>84071

Rather frightened by your attitude, and annoyed by your comrade's attitude, the barkeep finally speaks. "Okay, fine! There's not much else I could have focken' told you, I just wanted to make a cheap buck."

The barkeep reaches for an old, torn map and hands it to you.

"This'll lead you to wherever you want to be, but don't come crying back to me if it turns out to be worse than you expected"

>Weapons, traits etc. are to be chosen by the person controlling the character, as long as they fit with the class and story.
>>
>>84127
pay the food and extra tips for the party, using the gold from the Historian Guild
>>
>>84127
My tail is extended in such a way that I can be used as a club.
>>
>>84127
>Weapons
>A badly maintained sword.
>A shield with a sigil engraved on it.

>Traits
>Slightly greedy.
>Mostly a coward.
>>
>>84127

The bartender gratefully takes the coin and gives some things to you ib exchange.

>Aqquired items:
X6 loafs of bread
X1 Bottle filled with water of questionable quality
X2 healing potions
>>
>>84141
*Nods to the writer*

"Right, lets get movin' then".

>weapons
x1 Fine Steel Sword

>equipment
x1 worn uniform of the Royal Army
a couple of pennies to run together
old traveling kit
>>
>>84127
i borrowed the Monster Manual, contained ways to deal to most monster/animal
i also bring some spell scroll and being to cast some spell
i also bring some potions and herb
i use a staff as magic and also as staff

Traits
>trying to be an observer but keep involve himself, so, still an adept
>try to stimulate a historic event like bravery and sacrifice so, he is a douchbag
>>
>>84224
>traits
- experience in combat
- able to ride a horse
- not literate
- average intelligence
- can swim
- loyal
- lawful neutral
>>
The barkeep retreats to his quarters ad you make your way out of the tavern. With that bastard out of the way, the future is at the hands of the party!
>>
>>84250
That Cave sounds promising but I think we should get some better equipment first, maybe take on some small jobs.
>>
>>84284
no, you coward.Be brave for this time, you are going into history.
>>
>>84297
Writer, where does the map point us? How long will it take to travel. Provisions must be considered.

>weapons
x1 Fine Steel Sword

>equipment
x1 worn uniform of the Royal Army
a couple of pennies to run together
old traveling kit

>traits
- experience in combat
- able to ride a horse
- not literate
- average intelligence
- can swim
- loyal
- lawful neutral
>>
I didn't actually expect any players to join. I have to leave so if someone else wants to play as a retarded immobile gargoyle, feel free.
>>
>>84297
>I jump on the adepts shoulder and speak to the Average Joe
Yeah come on, let's get riches and bitches
>>
>>84297
Would people really remember some sad group of adventurers that died on the first trap?
>>
>>84326
>weapons Small claws and tiny dragons fire

>equipment
x1 Pair of Wings

>traits
Can fly
Greedy as shit
Literate
Loves wenches
Can fit in small places
>>
>>84329
i will write and send something before i dead, it will publish and archive, we will be immortal
unless we can survive this cave
>>84313
the barkeeper's bread will be well enough for the trip.
>>
>>84319

The party leaves, yet the gargoylr remains on the counter, because nobody bothered to pick him up. He is starting to like it in there!

> Map information:
- Mostly nonsensical, half of it is torn
- Its scale is unknown, and it bears no legend
- It seems to imitate the immediate vicinity of the hamlet, and has a huge ass red circle villag scribbled onto it, to the south of the village
>>
Huge ass circle south of the village*

Maybe that's the cave's location. Hmm.
>>
>>84369
You sure we should trust that bartender?
I don't think he liked me very much.
>>
File: bcde9ce9.jpg (148KB, 1053x1600px) Image search: [Google]
bcde9ce9.jpg
148KB, 1053x1600px
>>84403
It seems the Barkeep has a relation to these cave-dwellers. We should question him if we find suspicious evidence.

However party, let us attack. I will lead, keep weapons drawn.
>>
>>84403
what are you suggesting?
>>
>>84422
He could very well be in this group of bandits.
And his role could very well be sending unaware adventurers to their death.
The more I think about it, the less I like this.
>>
>>84435
we go as a group but using the tiny ass dragon to scout ahead?
>>
>>84456
That's a good idea actually.
Just... Lemme go last.
>>
>>84465
we will be like noising and shouting to let them known but the tiny ass dragon will locate and tell us where their camp and whatshit
u are in the fighter mang
>>
>>84485
*Not directed to the Adept*
I really can't understand him. Is he drunk?
>>
OP my character starts walking off on his own.
>>
The veteran walks off, following the map he was given earlier and making his way to the cave.
>>
>>84534
Should we follow him?
We could just let him test the waters...
>>
chase up to veteran
>>
>>84534
Well, seeing how everyone is heading in already I might as well follow them.
>Run after them.
>>
File: 1269579890_1.jpg (44KB, 400x356px) Image search: [Google]
1269579890_1.jpg
44KB, 400x356px
I'm not going at a slow walking pace, so I might get there before them.

What do I see DM?
>>
The party goes ahead, making their way to the ever so interesting cave. Surprisingly, the road is much shorter than they expected, and they (with the veteran beating them by a lot) manage to reach their destination. Ahead is a thick cloud of smoke, literally coming from inside of the massive cavern. It could very well disturb, or even choke someone unprepared to face such threat.

> You lost a loaf of bread in your journey to the cave
>>
>>84534
I'm a Wyvern you shits!
>I jump off of the adept's shoulders and begin flapping my wings, slowly carrying myself up and following the Veteran
>>
Little is known about what lies beyond the fog...

( A continuation of this thread or part 2 of the story is in the works. I will most likely create it tomorrow, and it will continue the original story, because I'm afraid I have to leave)
>>
>>84726
Looking forward to it OP.
>>
I`m bored as hell. If anyone from the original story is still here, I could continue.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.