[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adventure Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

File: mountain_fort.jpg (151KB, 708x464px) Image search: [Google]
mountain_fort.jpg
151KB, 708x464px
You stand at the opening of the old dwarf fortress, It is here that the heroes of old were lost to time, drowned in the shadows of the caverns below. Or at least, that's what all the rumors say back in town. Ah, town. While you stand at the precipice of adventure, your hometown sticks in the back of your mind as a sort of anchor to the experiences that led you to becoming an adventurer.

You lived in a:
>Close-knit village
>Port town
>Castle city
>Other (write in)

where your primary role was:
>Local guardsman
>Councillor or advisor
>Medic or medical assistant
>Other (write in)

However, after a while, your mundane job couldn't entertain you, and so you looked to one of the six Guilds for guidance. You visited them all, but the one that called to you the most was:

>Mercenary
>Arcanist
>Rogue
>Cleric
>Ranger
>Acolyte

You trained and learned as much as you could before you grew into the man you are now, and while still very much a part of the guild, your call to adventure is only beginning...

>Name
>>
Popular vote wins most action, while dice will be tossed for others.
>>
>>821240
>Port town

>Other (write in) [Sailor]

>Rogue [Brigad]

>Name:
George Flint
>>
>>821240
>Castle city
>Councillor or advisor
>Rogue
>Anavel Grey
>>
>>821240
>Port town
>Cleric
>>
>>821240
>Port town
>Cleric
>Jay Navy
>>
>>821410
And I forgot to vote for a name
>George Flint
>>
>>821529
>>821410
I smell Healsluts.
>>
>Port Town

>Councillor

>Acolyte

>Alex Gausee
>>
>>821240
What the hell is a acolyte?

A cultist or something?
>>
>>821666
Assuming it's like a fancy priest
>>
>>821666
You should know very well what an acolyte is, Satan.

Yeah, I forgot that I dropped the "main weapon" parenthetical descriptions when I submitted. Arcanist is the "arcane magic" user, Cleric is the "light/holy magic" user, and Acolyte is the "dark magic" user.

Gonna wait for a few more replies before finalizing the decision.
>>
>>821647
I'll support this.
Fuck light magic.
>>
>>821712
No anon. You fuck the cleric not the magic itself.
>>
>>821647
This no healsluts.

Yes we are totally going to tease clerics about that.
>>
>>821805
Good now that thats sorted out
>>821647
I'll support this
>>
>>821647
why not medic so we can at least stitch our self shut?
I understand not wanting to healslut but not even knowing how to help ourself?
C'mon.
>>
>>821871
If we were a doctor that became a Dark arts practicer. Aren't we just a necromancer?
>>
>>821899
That's true. Then we'd be DLQ.
>>
>>821934
Hey now, we could always be a ancestor or someone from one of the family branches.
>>
>>821647
>>821712
>>821839
>>821836

Your thoughts drift back to Aladel, shining port town on the Belamy Sea. The salty sea air was but one of the many scents you caught on your way to the town hall for your day's work. The town wouldn't govern itself, after all, and along with the governor is the town council, of whose number you counted yourself. At least, that was before the bickering and bush-beating got to your head and you decided to search for something greater. Of course, every port town has an underbelly, and Aladel was no exception. Despite popular opinion, Dark Magic can be applied in a wondrous manner of ways. Such as:

>Necromantic, Summoning the dead and speaking with spirits..
>Shadowcraft, Altering and using shadows to your bidding, even for transport.
>Elder, Communing with the elder gods and using their unique gifts to your advantage.
>Primal, Rituals and hexes to seal your ally's success, or your foe's doom.
>>
>>821990
Vote goes to Elder
>>
>>821990
No need for gods help.
>>
>>821990
>>
>>821990
>>
>>821990
>>Shadowcraft, Altering and using shadows to your bidding, even for transport.
>>
>>822234
Time to Durarara this shit.
>>
File: dark mage.jpg (115KB, 672x1000px) Image search: [Google]
dark mage.jpg
115KB, 672x1000px
>>822010
>>822026
>>822043
>>822234
(Sorry, I'm literally writing this shit on the fly.)

You've always felt like there was more to the shadows than meets the eye, and as it turns out you were right. In your many years as a Shadowcraft Acolyte, you've learned how to use the shadow to your advantage. The most basic magics learned are those of the Shadow Bolt, Shadowport, and Binding. In addition to your basic learning, you've also mastered the use of three intermediate spells, which are Shadow Puppet, Darkmend, and Shade Breath. The downside of Shadowcraft, of course, is the limited extent to which spells can be named.

"Alex." A voice pulls you out of your thoughts, bringing you back into the present. Your face splits into a grin as you identify the voice as that of your closest friend:

>George Flint, Rogue and fellow Councilman
>Sierra Grey, Mercenary and town guard
>Victor Aenslin, Ranger and tracker for the town guard.
>Amily Tuleaux, Cleric and the town's primary medic.

Alongside your best friend is the third party member you picked up for this particular quest, and while you're not as familiar with them, they're friendly enough.

(Pick a second party member from the above list who you won't know as well but is aligned with your interests.)

-------

Spell Descriptions
Shadow Bolt - Hurl a ball of solid shadow to assault your enemy. Moderate damage.
Shadowport - Sidestep into the shadow realm to teleport. Early levels are limited to nearby locations but the stronger you become the further you may teleport.
Binding - Harden a target's shadow, binding them to their current position and preventing them from moving.
Shadow Puppet - Summon a shadowy familiar to do your bidding. Can take any form you will it to be, though at early levels it can only perform simple tasks such as attacking.
Darkmend - Bind a target's wounds with solid shadow, allowing them to recover faster. Minor healing.
Shade Breath - Breathe shadows outward in a cone, weakening and degenerating all targets hit. Minor damage over time effect and rolls to attacks against affected targets have a bonus.
>>
>>822258
Not a problem Anon, you're doing great!
As for the second member of the party, they are a medic and archer
>>
>>822258
As our first so we can tease a cleric.
As a second
>>
>>822258
first then,
so the party can be balanced if we get a fourth party member.
>>
>>822258
>>Amily Tuleaux, Cleric and the town's primary medic.

We must have a cleric who we can tease.

Increased familiarity due to us also having worked together should really help teamwork. We would likely already have a feel for each other. Both those things can easily mean the difference between life and death.

Yeah we should consider a tank but honestly a tank is much less useful if they don't know you very well as compared to an excellent backstabber who has great timing. Not to mention harder to find.
>>
>>822258
Flint for prime, maybe they're dragged to the place you are for some lame zoning dispute
bringing Sierra along because traveling alone out of town is an easy way to get die
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>822269
>>822278
>>822314
>>822344
>>822534
Seems we've got a consensus on who our bestie will be, but I'm going to roll for the tiebreaker on party member. You will be getting more party members later, depending on your actions.

1. Sierra
2. Flint
>>
>>822578

"You were lost in your past again, weren't you?" Amily chides softly, having known you long enough to tell that from your regular contemplative silences. "We are here for a reason, you know?" She teases with a small smile.

"Just as keen as ever, I see." You respond with a short chuckle. "Lucky that's one of the reasons I keep you around." You give her a wink, and she flushes ever so slightly.

"Alex, please..." She fidgets with the hem of her tabard, no doubt thinking of whatever else you're implying behind that statement. You're not, really, but it's fun to tease her when she gets one on you. She's always been a bit of a teaser, but you know better than anyone that she gets flustered easily, making it a trifling task to turn the tables on her. There was a time when she disapproved of your dark magics, but with the current state of affairs even she has to admit that your powers will come in useful.

>Continued
>>
>>822622
"Oi, don't mean to break up the flirtin', but your cleric friend's right. We've come here to root out whatever's been sendin' attacks on our town from the mountains." This voice comes from your newest companion: Sierra Grey, a guardswoman from Aladel who was sent to join you and Amily as protection. She's leaning on her halberd with a slightly unamused expression, kite shield at her side while she waits for you to lead onward.

"Right, my apologies, Miss Grey." You reply, giving her an apologetic bow. "I was just remembering my home one last time, as I may not see it again." At this, both Sierra and Amily's faces fall just a bit, but the former steels herself with a determined glare. "Then I'll just have to make sure we make it back!" Her fire makes you smile, and you nod back. "Very well. Onward we go!"

>Take the lead. You assembled this party, after all, it only makes sense that you head it.
>Follow behind Sierra. She's the toughest of the three of you, and in the middle you would be able to better assist her in combat.
>Take the rear guard. Amily is a priority target, and doing this will allow for her maximum protection.
>>
>>822646
>Take the rear guard. Amily is a priority target, and doing this will allow for her maximum protection.
>>
>>822646
>take the lead. you know what you're here for
>>
>>822646
>Take the lead. You assembled this party, after all, it only makes sense that you head it.
We can always shadow step to the back of the group.
>>
>>822646
>>Take the lead. You assembled this party, after all, it only makes sense that you head it.
but keep our healsut in the middle and Sierra in the back.
>>
>>821240
Well, the old dwarf fortress appears pretty lively now, being on fire and all.
>>
>>822685
>>822781
>>822940

You stride ahead confidently. While you may not be the sturdiest fighter on the team, you're still handy in a melee fight, and shadowcraft is quite dangerous up close. In fact, you find you prefer the "dance of death" style moreso than the "kill from afar" that most casters tend to adopt. As such, your dagger is always at the ready. You motion for Amily to fall in behind you, and after a moment's hesitation she complies, which leaves Sierra to watch your backs for any threats from behind. After leaving behind the glow of the outside light, you find that the tunnel leading into the mountain is woefully darkened. Before you get a chance to say anything, you hear Amily whispering behind you, though you only make out the last part of it: "...us your Guidance." At these words, a light pulses into creation, originating from Amily's now raised hand and giving off a soft light equal to that of a torch. "Useful trick, Amily." You thank her in your own way, and she nods. Continuing down the passage, your party walks for a few minutes before the tunnel widens out.

The room before you is somewhat large and barren, though there are two doors on the left wall. On the end opposite of you is a statue of what appears to be a dwarven warrior, though missing his axe. Directly to your right, against the far wall, there is an identical statue, though this time the dwarf is missing his helmet. On your immediate left, also against the wall, is yet another identical statue - this one missing his shield.

>Inspect a statue (specify which)
>Enter door closest to you
>Enter door furthest from you
>Check Status
>Other (write in)
>>
File: tegaki.png (3KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
3KB, 400x400px
>>823014
Visual representation of the room.

>>822976
Yeah, that was an oversight on my part. I thought it was a different, yet similar picture I had saved of a tunnel directly into the mountain. Too late now, though.
>>
>>823014
>Inspect a statue (specify which)
Inspect no axe dwarf
>>
File: dungeon-door-joan-carroll.jpg (193KB, 599x900px) Image search: [Google]
dungeon-door-joan-carroll.jpg
193KB, 599x900px
>>823686

Something about these statues strikes you as odd, and you're going to find out what that is. You step forward, motioning for Amily and Sierra to follow along, and cross the room to inspect the statue without an axe. What you're most curious about is how the statue looks complete, merely missing an axe. One would think that it would be smooth in the hand where he would be holding the axe, or at the very least the statue would show some form of damage, but it appears as stalwart as the day it was carved. A quick check of the other two statues reveals that they are also fully carved and detailed, simply missing their respective pieces. "Ominous," you hear Amily say. "I wonder what it means?" You shake your head slightly. "I'm not certain, but it seems our best course of action is one of those two doors." You point eastward to the pair of doors.

>Left Door
>Right Door
>Check Status
>Other (write in)
>>
>>827621
>Left door
>>
File: BrokenBlades-Sword.jpg (70KB, 600x712px) Image search: [Google]
BrokenBlades-Sword.jpg
70KB, 600x712px
>>827778

After pondering which of the two doors you should open first, Amily speaks up again. "I've... heard that to get out of a labyrinth you should trace the left wall." You raise an eyebrow, silently pressing her to explain. "Maybe the same sort of logic could be applied here..?" She trails leaves the question hanging, but Sierra chimes in as well. "You mean, take the left door?" Amily nods, and you shrug. "I see no reason not to." You open the door, and a smaller room greets you. It's mostly empty, save for a shattered sword in the far corner, which Sierra moves over to inspect. You take a look around yourself, and notice something written on the south wall. "Bleinne Angornson died here, no honor among thieves." You furrow your brow in thought, and Amily takes a look for herself. "The name sounds either Dwarvish or Northern Human, and considering our location I'd put money on it being a dwarf's name."

"This ruin has been abandoned for quite a while, though. Any sort of writing would have to be recent or magically inscribed," You say, still pondering what it could be. Sierra joins the two of you, and adds her own thoughts. "That sword over there looks like it was broken in a fight. It's not chipped out like if it'd been struck against the wall - it's shattered in the center like they were usin' it to defend against an attack." You nod; Sierra's experience in the town guard would probably give her better intuition on such matters. "Well, there's no reason to dally here any longer," you say, heading back out into the main room.

The second door opens just as easily as the first, but you're immediately faced with a decision as the hallway branches off to the right just after the doorway.

>Forward Hall
>Right Hall
>Check Status
>Other (write in)
>>
>>828577
>Take the sword, then to the Forward Hall
>>
>>828577
Continue forth
>Forward Hall
>>
File: map so far.png (3KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
map so far.png
3KB, 400x400px
>>829926
>>830773

In the moments it takes you to decide on which path to take, Sierra rejoins you and Amily. It's sort of embarrassing for you to admit, but you hardly noticed she was gone. At least you were able to avoid an awkward situation by doing what you do best: stand around contemplatively. Sierra reveals the cause for her tardiness by holding up the hilt end of the shattered sword she found in the previous room. "Figured it might come in handy." She says with a shrug. You mimic the motion, then lead your group further down the hallway, ignoring the branch on the right.

After an entirely uneventful few minutes, you enter a new room, this one dimly lit with torches and in a narrow rectangular shape. Amily extinguishes her hand and immediately begins exploring the room, as does Sierra. You give your own optical sweep, and as soon as you hear Amily's horrified gasp, your eyes lock onto it as well.

In the center of the room, there is a circular maze-like network of channels that funnel inward to a center hole. What transfixes your gaze is what's flowing down the channels: fresh blood. Amily takes a step backward, hand over her mouth, and Sierra just stands there, a shocked expression frozen on her face. Tearing your eyes away from the central network, you see four source channels feeding into the center through the wall on the right. On the left is a peculiar looking altar, and you think you can make out some sort of runes on the wall directly opposite you. There is a door like the others to the left of the runes.

"Those BASTARDS!" Sierra's cry of rage snaps your attention back to the center. Amily collapses into a sitting position against the altar. The guardswoman locks eyes with you, a burning, furious glare lighting her eyes. Your own expression is merely one of grim acknowledgement. This blood must be coming from the captives taken from Aladel.

>Inspect Altar
>Inspect Runes
>Return through northern door
>Advance through southern door
>Check Status
>Other (write in)
>>
>>831271
>Inspect Runes
might be something you Need to keep in mind going fourward
>>
>>831271
>Inspect Runes
Look for especially identifiable symbols. See if the other members of our party recognize them.
>>
>>831285
>>834111

You move forward to inspect the runes, but Sierra starts yelling again. "We NEED to find them! That's the entire reason we came up here!" Amily seems to have found her footing again, but all she does is glance uncertainly at you. With a sigh, you motion for Sierra to calm down. "I understand, but rushing into things never works out in the positive. We should take the time to at least try and figure out who or what we're dealing with." Sierra growls a bit, but accepts your explanation. "So what do you propose, then?" She asks, to which you respond by pointing at the runes on the south wall. "We can start by trying to identify who's been writing on these walls." Amily and Sierra follow behind as you stride over to the wall and kneel down in an attempt to read the runes.

After looking over the symbols for a while, you slowly start to recognize the patterns. "These... are definitely orcish," you announce. "Unfortunately, they're not in any sort of coherent pattern that I can recognize." You stand back up and give an apologetic shrug. "At the very least, we know there're orcs in here." Sierra offers. "Well? What are we waiting for?"

Well? What are we waiting for?

>Inspect Altar
>Return through northern door
>Advance through southern door
>Check Status
>Other (write in)
>>
>>834626
>Inspect Altar
See if we can identify what religion these orcs are practicing.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.