[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prison Island Quest #1 / A Thug in Behram

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

File: 2_Norway-resort-prison.jpg (289KB, 850x598px) Image search: [Google]
2_Norway-resort-prison.jpg
289KB, 850x598px
The drugs are starting to wear off; helped in no small part by the blast of chill air as the helicopter bay doors open and the whining staccato of a staggered shot pattern of plasma bolts at the ground below.

So this is it. Behram.

You observe the prison island; the rivulets going through and marking it roughly in three, the signs of life and civilization - a few huts there, buildings there, groups of people banded together.

It doesn't look /that/ cold.

The whoopwhoop of the helicopter rotors change rhythm, and the craft descends. The guard accompanying you pressed a button, and your magnetically sealed handcuffs release into two separate squares that are still attached to your wrists.

And then, with a grin, he shoves you out of the helicopter, into the water below, where the three rivulets meet.

--

This is an experiment in several things for me; one, to see how well this handles the GMing itch, two, to trying out this crazy 'quest' thing, and three, to put a game system I've been working on through some paces in the background. (Don't worry, not gonna bring that to the front too much, but it does mean there are some system rules I'll be bringing up as relevant, and there'll be some assistance with character generation based on the answers y'all give.)
As an experiment, I'm committing to 15 threads, minimum (which may take long if life/IRL rears it's gaming curse head), and from there we'll see.

--

>Name?
>Why are you here?
>Why are you a badass? (theme and/or desired powers)
>Appearance
>>
>>815166
>Jack Vidar
>Breaking and entering, assault, assault with deadly weapon, cutting the heads off parking meters
>Sometimes, nothing's a real cool hand. (bluff like no tomorrow)
>Got some rabbit in him (can run and hide like hell)
>egg eater like no other (constitution bonuses)
>>
File: rupert of hentzau.jpg (100KB, 500x643px) Image search: [Google]
rupert of hentzau.jpg
100KB, 500x643px
>>815237
>>
File: scifi robot.jpg (99KB, 529x352px) Image search: [Google]
scifi robot.jpg
99KB, 529x352px
>>815287
Apoligies if I didn't make it clear enough, I was aiming for subtle, but this is more tech/scifi; as indicated by magnetic handcuffs and plasma bolts.
The helicopter alone could totally be necromantically compatible, though.
>>
>>815315
For some strange reason I thought this was a fantasy setting, which seems ridiculous in hindsight. >>815237's character is fine, then.
>>
>>815166
Alonso
Detained by mutant containment forces during a rampage
Mutant with pyrokinesis, powers and emotion are linked but unfortunately we have an uncontrollable temper
I have no ideas for an appearance. I don't think I've ever played a quest with an angry MC though. Not really trying to be edgy either.
>>
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12JFoGhcekns11YPH7VsrISGkOpgiRb-E5dJGSbNXSN8/edit
Is where the recurring info to be looked up'll be as it gets brought up.
>>
>>815370
You probably should have made some preset characters for us to choose from to get this quest off the ground
>>
>>815379

I was considering it, but I've got Secret Reasons for not doing that.
>>
>>815389
If it turns out to be a problem, I'll whip some up, though.
>>
>>815389
I don't really know what kind of powers or abilities are feasible in this setting either desu. Being good at running and hiding sounds pretty lame though.
>>
>>815418
The underlying system I'm messing with is superheroic in scale and powers; som most anything should be feasible. As far as tone, you're on a prison island with little resources. There's a high tech level in the rest of the world - and some of it is applied to Berham - but by and large you're not gonna see the powered armor and plasma rifles beyond what's already there or is bonded to you. (implanted and manifestable gear is totes doable, though.)
>>
>Zander Newton Hamilton
> only survivor of first expedition to Europa
> found out that corps underbid on equipment, scandal could lead to several senators and CEO's being ousted, framed for wife's murder
>encountered strange object on europe, now has gravity manipulation and energy blasts
>>
You still here OP? We need to get this ball rolling if this quest is actually gonna happen
>>
Called. Tallying and building.
>>
>>815166

With a rap all about destruction, Jack Vidar has been shipped off to Behram. Multiple counts of breaking and entering, assault, assault with deadly weapon, cutting the heads off parking meters.

Jack is tough, able to bring all his beefiness to bear, given enough time. He’s quick on his feet, and he’s pretty unflappable when it comes to things like talking and dealing with people or being suave.

Large Weapon: Jack has a spatially compressed HUGE WEAPON; wielded with immense strength. It hits like a truck and telegraphs like one, too. Currently this is a melee weapon, but can be a ranged weapon, if he gets the right equipment.
Friggin’ Fast: Jack can put on the speed; and become hard to hit in the process, gaining extra movement and a dodge chance.
Goddamn Ninja: Jack is at home in stealth; able to attack from stealth and teleport away after attacking with a melee weapon, and gain another dodge chance while stealthed, even if spotted.
>>
File: map v1.png (213KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
map v1.png
213KB, 480x800px
>>815793

As you swim back up and catch your breath, sputtering water, you see the helicopter ascending, out of sight, out of reach...
... and the aftermath of it's arrival, where the plasma bolts have left burn marks, and one wounded prisoner who didn't get out of the way fast enough.

You vaguely remember some of the layout of the island; to the northeast, there's the Greensashers, the 'nice' part of the island, to the southeast are the Bullets, the hard folks who don't play around, and the west coast is the Border Guard, where the truly messed up folk who get sent here tend to get shoved to.

>Wounded prisoner, what do?
>Which direction do you eye?
>>
>>815819
Bonus question:
>What kind of HUGE WEAPON does he have? Must be a melee weapon.
>>
>>815819
Let's go southeast, Ignore the wounded dude. Lets say we have a massive repulsor blast great hammer
>>
>>815819
help wounded dude. has giant axe

look southeset
>>
File: food printer.jpg (46KB, 634x424px) Image search: [Google]
food printer.jpg
46KB, 634x424px
>>815819

You swim south; only passing a cursory glance at the prisoner. "Sorry, pal," you call out, when you're in earshot, but you're not changing your course for him.

You're headed for Bullets territory.

The first thing you see is the nutrient point; the 'humane' answer for feeding an island of lawless rejects without having to deal with them. It brews, then builds, nutrional food bars that are mostly flavorless, day in, day out, until it's got a certain amount in it's output box.

One of four on the island, the islands architects didn't quite plan on them being seized as territory. Or maybe they did, but didn't care.

Either way, it's clearly under guard, just like valuable territory. Two men, one bigger and buffer than you and holding a wooden log embedded with metal spikes, the other tall and thin, with balding hair and a piercing gaze. No obvious weapons aside from the shank; but something about the electronic tracings on his arm, that mirror your own, mark him up a few degrees of dangerous. Maybe more dangerous than the big one with him.

More watchful; he's got his eyes on you, and the wounded prisoner.

>Approach peacefully
>Approach boldly
>Approach with a weapon out and ready to use
>Maaaaybe one of the other directions would be better to visit first (which)?
>>
>>816185
>Approach peacefully

get close if we can, then jump the thin one if we have a decent chance of taking him out.
>>
>>816185
Sorry 'bout that, I'll do a 'called, writing' warning next time.
I forgot how long it takes for things to spin up.
>>
File: Scribbling furiously.png (246KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
Scribbling furiously.png
246KB, 1000x750px
Called, writing
>>
>>816411
Welp, IRL delayed me. Un-called; will call again when I catch up.
>>
File: hammer.jpg (37KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
hammer.jpg
37KB, 540x540px
>>816185

You throw up your hands. You hardly look harmless, but you're not bad at throwing off expectations. You throw up a huge grin. "Howdy folks. My names Jack."

You step closer, testing their reactions. The big guy doesn't care. Eagle Eye, though, he's tracking you, the way a sniper ranges their prey.

"Spry fellow, even after a swim," He responds. "Innerio. I'm here for doing bad things to bad people for a lot of money. I'd suggest you keep your distance, or you'll find out how good."

"You sayin' I'm a bad people?," you quip back.

"I'm sayin'," he responds, mimicing your drawl, "You're awful confident and not too keen to leave someone by the wayside. That makes you smart, mean, or both."

You push your luck, edging forward. Innerio positions his arms, aimed at your general direction. He's reading for a quick-draw of some sort, you're not sure what he's got stored in his arm.

"Look, man," you plead, arms still up. "I'm new here and just trying to get my bearings. That's a food engine, yeah? They haven't fed me in three days." You let your voice drop just a bit, faking some exhaustion.

You idly note that the food fabricator says 'OUTPUT BOX' just like that. Heh. Engineers.

Reliable Charisma wins here!

Innerio relaxes - not fully, you suspect he's got too much blood and experience to every fully relax - but just enough for you to attack!

--

Your combat options at this time largely consist of who you attack, your positioning, and what order you switch between attacking and stealthing on your turns. There's not a lot of hiding spots except for the food fabricator, but if you break line of sight with both guys you can stealth and use your stealth attack options.
You've got two sets of dodge chances; one relies on you moving around, and the other relies on you being stealthy.

>Whats the battle plan?
>>
>>816778
Go in hard and fast with the hammer. Be ready to doge. Rules on rolling?
>>
>>816883
Rolling I'm certainly open to advice on; but if there's a roll, I'll put out what it is. If you want to roll, roll. When it comes to decide, I'll roll a dice to see which of the rolled results to use.

This'll be a d20 per turn.
>>
File: Anonymous-crazy-moon.png (861KB, 2400x1825px) Image search: [Google]
Anonymous-crazy-moon.png
861KB, 2400x1825px
'nite folks. Will resume in the morn.

in the meantime heres the information Thus Far
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12JFoGhcekns11YPH7VsrISGkOpgiRb-E5dJGSbNXSN8/edit
>>
File: newchallenger.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
newchallenger.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>816778
So for Dice I think I'm going to pre-roll a bunch and use them at writing points, so I don't have to stop and roll every time. I'll roll a new set with each post and try to include them.
Here the first set: 7 13 2 10 12 19 5 5 11 3 2 18 13 20 13 10 11 5 7 8

The guy with the spiked log far too slow to react; but you just barely have the edge with Innerio. With an enhanced dash forward, you summon your kinetic-enhanced hammer with it, as he's expanding the dual-spike set on his arm.

You bring the hammer in, hard, but he reads the attack, easily enough. "Chex, to it!" calls out Innerio to his partner.

Innerio accompanies that with the shorter of the dull metal spikes piercing a shoulder. You get the sense that he's already read your moves more completely than you could fathom; that was too quick. And then the fucker - dissapears? Integrated stealth? You can see him; but only just. If you step away from him he'll be impossible to see.

Chex comes in, swinging his massive shaft wildly, you get the hell out of the way, and the surprisingly quick followup to where you dodged it, which comes far closer to hitting.

Hammer out; you stare down Innerio, just a step away and barely visible. He's the real threat; but Chex can't be discounted.

Apparently this island isn't one for picking fights.

The system I'm using assumes even strength fights for the most part, so the deciding factor is how well you use your abilties, what tactical decisions you make, and, of course, dicelove.
(Not being able to use your Stealth part well means your not quite at full strength.)

>Continue attack?
>Withdraw?
>Talk your way out?
>Other?
>>
Welp, looks like this experiment stalled out. Not unexpected, considering it was one.

I picked up a few practical lessons here, so I'll pick this back up again in some time with a better initial approach.

Thanks for playing along.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.