[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Orc Deserter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10

File: 1.jpg (67KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
67KB, 1200x1000px
25 years ago, at the age of 5, you were conscripted into the war-horde of Chief Oldskull. Last night, that very same war-horde was shattered by Dragonian Kingdom, who in their darkest hour were aided by Nethot the Black Dragon. You've miraculously survived, having awoken in the fallen shell of a siege tower. Your right eye is wounded badly, by what you cannot remember.

Currently in the Frontier, a wide berth of untamed plains that separate "orc lands" from those of men, you must decide where you will head. North is the human bastion you assaulted. Westward is the independent human Republic of Fallharbour. Southward are the remains of your war-horde, broken and fleeing.

What do you do?
>>
>>812809
>Westward
>>
>>812809
Do we know of the war horde is being pursued southward? If so we best head west.

If we aren't i vote for south.

Wait what exists to the east?
>>
>>812809
commit seppuku
>>
File: 2.jpg (75KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
75KB, 1200x1000px
>>812824
>>812835

You recall that to the east lies a great natural border, the World's Spine, the dwarves and humans call it - the elves have some fruity name for the range.

Regardless, you decide to tread the old frontline, and head west to Fallharbour, which had stayed neutral in your conflict by paying the late Chief Oldskull a pretty sum. For this, you recall, they are distrusted by the human Kingdoms.

On your person you have four bronze coins, your fitted boots, a pair of pants, and a small knife.
>>
File: 3.jpg (64KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
64KB, 1200x1000px
Hours pass, and by the end of the day you come across a the far off image of a city. You cannot recall its name, but with any luck its Republican and not part of the Kingdom. However as you near the gates, two bandits spring from the overgrown brush that hides the sides of the road. You do not speak their language, but the man and dwarf are threatening, and waggle their weapons in your direction.

Whether they want your gold, your life, or for you to simply go back the way you came - is unclear.

What do you do?
>>
>>812886
Hold up our hands as if to surrender and keep walking, if they do anything further than waggle...kick their teeth in and/or shank.
>>
File: 4.jpg (93KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
93KB, 1200x1000px
>>812895
As you attempt to pass, the human levels his spear. With more inspection, you can tell guess that the pair of fighters are brigands of sorts. The dwarf having sheathed his sword to hunt for whatever goods you have on your belt. Continually spouting a violent flow of foreign language at you, the human does not waver his spear point from your neck.

Engage in combat? Or do you allow yourself to be robbed?
>>
>>812925
Yep, take the spear from the moron and kill em, seriously who gets this close to an orc? Should have just left us alone.
>>
>>812925
>Fuck that noise, Rob them!
>>
>>812925
>crush his head and Stomp the dwarf
>>
File: 5.jpg (90KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
90KB, 1200x1000px
With speed innate to your species, you wrap a course palm around the threatening spear, and push it backwards - into the neck of the offending human. With a twist and a thrust, the weapon tears through his neck, leaving him choking on his own blood, still recoiling from surprise.

The dwarf immediately retreats back a step, raising his hands skyward as his face pales. Muttering now in dwarven for his own safety, a language also beyond your grasp - his surrender becomes obvious.

Stop him too or just loot the pair?
>>
>>812981
Eh, knock his ass out and steal all their shit. Probably won't be able to haul his ass in to jail, since we don't speak anybodies language.
>>
>>812996
Actually, I realize it isn't stealing if you take from a bandit. So, yea, knock out and loot.
>>
>>812996
this
>>
File: 6.jpg (103KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
103KB, 1200x1000px
The dwarf pleads, but with a swift butt from your dagger's pommel he is sent into a nap. Taking your time to loot the pair, you come across the following.

> Rucksack
> 400 copper coins
> Dwarven Short Sword
> Dwarven Painted Shield
> Human's Leaf-Emblem Ushanka
> Map
> Necklace with a red uncut ruby

Taking all of the goods, you may now safely continue into the city - or look to the map to find some other destination.
>>
>>813050
Can we take the human's cloak and wear it
>>
>>813050
Sick! We have the spear too yea? Can we take the emblem off of the Ushanka with our knife and then wear it? Other than that let's keep heading to the city I guess! Also, we may need to get an eye-patch.
>>
>>813054
Nevermind let's look at the map first
>>
>>813050
>>813060

I agree, let's look at the map.
>>
File: 7.jpg (76KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
76KB, 1200x1000px
>>813054
The human wears a bloodied gambeson, with a dirtied shirt underneath.

>>813059
Yeah I forgot the spear, it's also in your possession.

Opening the map, it appears to be less of something from a cartography guild - and more a series of notes the two brigands had made. It's surprisingly up to date. To the right of the map is a pictogram of a battlefield, north of it a river, and beyond that an unlabeled citadel. To the left are hills, and a road that leads to another unnamed city. Finally, to the north are forests west of the river, in its heart a tower.

Where do you go?
>>
>>813093
Still head to the city I say.
>>
>>813093
Bury these bandits
>>
>>813127
One is still alive Anon.
>>
>>813131
Bury the dead then
>>
>>813093
Keep heading to the city.
Leave the bandits be
>>
File: 8.jpg (84KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
84KB, 1200x1000px
Dragging the dead man into a ditch, and leaving the dwarf where he laid - you continue onto the city. Before you are spotted by scout or turret, you see the sigil of Fallharbour. When you come within 100 or so paces of the front gate, a sleeping guardsman rouses, and shouts something back to those within. Promptly, the gates begin to slowly grind open. The guardsman does not look at all bothered by your presence.

Before you can act, he addresses you in poor orcish.

"You... Uhh, wait - one time... Person is coming" he explains.
>>
>>813159
Sit on the floor or lean on the wall and wait
>>
>>813148
He may be a human but it what we would have wanted him to do for us had he been the victor
>>
>>813159
Waiting is fine. Beats being threatened by morons.
>>
>>813167
Maybe an equal, but he was just some thug. Stupid too.
>>
>>813174
It doesn't matter if he had killed us we would have wanted to be buried
>>
File: 9.jpg (91KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
91KB, 1200x1000px
As the gates open, a small halfling skips forward, in one hand she holds a tome half her size - the other juts out and forward to shake yours. Then, in surprisingly well rehearsed orcish, she greets you.

"Welcome to Oakhall, my orc brother! I am Taim Merridaid. We have heard of the Northern Kingdom's cruelties towards you, and have opened our gates to all greenskin refugees looking for a better shot at life! Come, I will take you to the guild hall so you can be orientated!"

Her argument and friendliness are... Odd.

How do you respond?
>>
>>813205
Okay, by the way what's a nice girl like you doing in a place like this?
>>
>>813205
"I am...unused to such kindness. Even from my own blood. May I ask your name?"
>>
>>813205
Whisper to her that you'll gives her a bronze coin if she tells you the truth about the orientation.
>>
>>813220
This
>>
>>813243
Sweet a like minded individual.
>>
File: 10.jpg (94KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
94KB, 1200x1000px
You begin with some small thanks, but then bid the question of her purpose in a rather rough city. Halflings known to enjoy rural comforts more than the grime and cobble of city life.

"Ahaha, oh - Had I a link for every time I was asked that" she chortles, leading you through the streets of Oakhall. The men in the road stare distrustfully at you, but take no action and speak no hate.

"Twenty years ago the Northern Kingdoms resettled my people, taking our arable hills for themselves. The Republic was kind enough to grant my parents a home, when no one else would! The people of Oakhall have been so gracious to open their doors and stores for leagues of greenskin refugees like yourself. Come - we're almost at the guild hall!"

The girl can talk a mile a minute, but you seem to get the gist of her purpose in this city. A civil servant of sorts charged with providing amnesty to your people. Her own enthusiasm does not seem to be shared by the citizens, who continue to avoid your path.
>>
>>813269
Eh, at least they aren't waving spears in our face. She seems alright.
>>
( Gonna retire for the night. Thanks for participating guys! )
>>
>>813282
No problemo, you got a twitter Art Guy?
>>
>>813293
Oh and thank you for a well drawn quest.
>>
That shield is great
>>
>>813302
It's so tiny and angry on us. I love it.
>>
I think his twitter is @delendaest
But I know thats his tumblr and his deviant art is delendos
>>
I have a bad feeling about this...

But it's probably nothing. Everything is fine.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.