[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Future base infiltration

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

File: 1810cfc6fa2ca4cf32fa5ef166284a65.jpg (147KB, 686x1165px) Image search: [Google]
1810cfc6fa2ca4cf32fa5ef166284a65.jpg
147KB, 686x1165px
The colony of Besniana is a warzone. Multiple factions tear the colony apart. Chemical and nuclear weapons wreak havoc on the planet's weather. Thunderstorms wipe entire towns off of the surface. Fleets wipe each other out in the outer atmosphere, preventing anyone from fleeing. And now, a rogue faction is threatening to launch nukes at the nearest other colony.

Enter you. The captain of Earth's flagship, you decided to take a strike force down to assault their base in force.

But it was a trap.
>>
(Switched to laptop so IP might be different, Sorry if the exposition is rushed, I just wanna get the rising action out of the way)

Your dropship team broke through the storm clouds, advancing towards the enemy base. A large series of buildings and bridges, snaking through a large rocky island. Black, demented rain impacts off the cockpit of your ship.

>"Visibility is low, Cap. You wanna call it?"
>"No, if we run away now, we're putting millions of lives at risk. Keep going."

He nods and continues forward.

You move back to the bay, looking to your men as you move past them. They all salute you as you move past. You nod and smile at several of them. You are a hero to all of them. You don't exactly enjoy that responsibility. You've seen enough brave men and women die under your command.

You look out the tiny window on the side. You see the other dropships moving with yours, streaming through the darkness. You feel some of your uneasiness go away. Between the hundreds of trained men and the many armed FE-39 dropships, taking the base will be an inevitability.

Suddenly, the closest dropship lights up and explodes into fire. You recoil as your COM flares up.

"PDWs! It was a trap! They're gonna tear us apart!"

A red streak flares through the night, and another dropship explodes. A mechanical drone walks over, grabbing your shoulder.

"Sir, please take a seat."

>Buckle in
>Back to the cockpit
>>
>>812581
>Back to the cockpit
Fuck this, find somewhere less lethal to disembark.

By the way, what's a PDW?
>>
>>812604
>By the way, what's a PDW?
Me being autistic. Was trying to say AA flak and got it confused with point-defense weapons.
>>
>>812581
>Back to the cockpit
>>
>>812648
Using flak against hard-shell craft?
Shouldn't they be AP-HE rounds?
Or are the dropships poorly armored?
>>
>>812648

I vote PDW is now Particle Discharge Weapon. Vehicle scale stuff should be particle beam based.
>>
>>813501
Yeah but remember that I'm retarded and don't think these things through.

>>813592
Yeah, that works better.

>tfw anons are better than me at running my own quest
>>
From the cockpit, you can see the sky lighting up, streaks of red firing from the base, now seeming like more of a fortress than anything, into the dropships. You hear a scream through your COMs. The pilots are scared out of their minds, still trying to head forward into imminent death. You need to find somewhere less lethal to disembark. You turn to one of the pilots.

>"Is there anywhere we can disembark where we won't get torn to pieces?"
>"Nowhere, sir! Those guns have us outranged. If we tried to turn back, they'd slaughter us even faster!"
>"Shit..."

Ideas flash through your mind. You see the rocks below the fortress, where even the guns can't reach. Your dropships might not make it through the flak, though

They are also rated for amphibious landing, though that would leave them as sitting ducks

>Water landing (+additional strategies)
>Cliffside landing (+additional strategies)
>>
>>813749
>Cliffside landing (+additional strategies)
Additionally tell the pilots over comms that they need to get it together and focus on landing. Those PDWs won't be hot shit when we're blasting them with explosives.
>>
>>814212
You put your hand on the pilot's shoulder.

>"Keep it together, we're all counting on you."

He nods, and you bring your hand to your COMM.

>"Pilots, keep calm and stay the course. Focus on landing alive and we'll be able to get through this yet. I want all dropships to head towards that cliffside. Tell our men to ready their grappling hooks, we're gonna hit those emplacements from their bellies."

Your calm demeanor doesn't betray your fear. Chances are this is a suicide run. You still don't know the full extent of the base defenses. However, this is your only shot. The pilot turns to you.

>"Sir, you should take a seat now. We can handle this."

>Take a seat and let order the other dropships take point
>Stay in the cockpit and take point yourself
>>
>>818232
>Stay in the cockpit and take point yourself
>>
>>821390

>"I'm not hiding behind my own men. Get us front, we're taking point."

The pilot nods and gulps. You stare ahead with intent as the dropship speeds forward.

>"As soon as we're in range, open up with our minguns."
>"It's been an honor, sir.
>"Likewise."

>Roll 1d12 for luck
>>
Rolled 2 (1d12)

>>821778
Still there, QM?
>>
Rolled 7 (1d12)

>>821778
Thread is dead?
>>
>>827334
>>827338
Yeah, sorry guys, thought people had abandoned the thread.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d12)

>>827901
It's alright, QM. Don't give up!
>>
>>827334
>>828223
Wow, just because of that terrible luck, I'm only gonna count the first roll.
>>
The dropship speeds forward, the mini guns spinning to life. They pepper forward towards the gun emplacements. You grip the top of the pilot's chair as he begins to a swerve backwards and forwards, avoiding energy shots. You see the fortress grow larger and larger in your field of view, and as the other dropships begin to put fire down on the PDWs, you begin to think everything's in the clear.

Then, suddenly, the dropship shakes violently, and you are thrown to the side.

>"We're hit!"

You shake yourself up and stumble back over.

>"Keep us heading towards those rocks! We need to get the crew out!"
>"Sir, out thrusters are shot, it's not gonna be much of a landing."
>"It'll be something. Put us down!"

You hear a scream through your COM as yet another dropship explodes. There are only a few left now.

You feel another shot to the hull. The dropship speeds towards the rocks under the cliff. You just barely hold on to the seats as the dropship takes a sharp turn upwards and slams into the rock, the whole thing lurching.

>Roll 1d12, will minus 2 because shot thrusters
>>
Rolled 8 - 2 (1d12 - 2)

>>831343
Please be gentle.
>>
>>831478
The dropship slides down the slope, falling apart as it does. You feel a hand on your back, and without warning, are suddenly yanked backwards from the pilot seat. The drone drags you backwards and straps you into a seat, despite your desperate protests. The dropship lurches upwards, and the drone smashes forward into you. Your world goes dark.

Out of the darkness, you see light. You see a drink in your hand. Iced tea. There's a table in front of you, and friends are laughing and drinking. A green mountain in the background. Who are you?

>A farmer who watched his town be slaughtered by terrorists and rose through the ranks
>A high born noble who got through via sheer perseverance
>A grizzled conscript who used to be a petty criminal
>>
>>831853
>A grizzled conscript who used to be a petty criminal
>>
>>834808
You remember now. You were a petty thief, working with your school friends to run hacking schemes on his estate, using his private servers to route millions of dollars from the colonies to your accounts. None of your parents would be any wiser, thinking your group was studying.

But you were made. One dumb slip, and everyone suddenly knew. First you were ostracized, then you were harassed, then you were disowned, and finally, he authorities came

1/2
>>
They carried you out of your apartment, beat you, sent you off in a transport, and strapped a gun in your hand

You were sent to Earth, to fight in one of the World Wars (There were so many, people had stopped bothering to keep count). Fighting for the North American Statial Alliance, you had been branded an expendable- which is to say, you had been given a cloth uniform and archaic weaponry and told to go forward before the important troops and die. But you had survived. Like a rat, you had dodged bullet after bullet, mortar after mortar, and had dropped enemy soldier after enemy soldier after enemy soldier with your ancient sniper rifle. During a particular harrowing assault on an enemy-controlled church, the European Central Empire had gotten word of the upcoming assault, and had set up snipers and mortar positions along the edge of the compound. It would have been a slaughter- if not for you.

You had crept ahead of the main assault, picking off snipers and mortar encampments as your comrades had drawn their fire. The church had been taken successfully, and you had slowly risen through the ranks, becoming known through your various victories as the hero of Earth.

>"Captain, wake up!"

You shake awake. The dropship creaks and you feel yourself strapped in by your harness.

>Try to pry it off
>Get a sense of the situation first
>Write-in
>>
>>835147
>Get a sense of the situation first
>>
>>835147
Ask the dude for a rundown as we get ourselves out
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>835385
>>835538
>>
>>835385
>>835538
>>835579
Actually fuck it I'll do both
>>
You begin to lift the thing buckle off of your, collapsing one part of it using your exoskeleton-induced strenght, and turn to the voice as you lift it off. It's a young man. He is frightened, and his face is slightly bloody.

>"What happened, soldier?"
>"W-we crashed.... other dropships won't respond....we need to get out of here..."

Suddenly, you hear thumping from above.

>"Boarders!"

>Search for a weapon (Roll1d12 for perception)
>>
Rolled 9 (1d12)

>>835613
pls be an anti-mat rifle
>>
>>835723
You desperately scour through the remains of the ship. You realize that the systems have locked up, and the surviving soldiers are still trapped in their harnesses. At the foot of one of the dead soldiers, a large rifle lies on the ground. You run to pick it up. And anti-material sniper rifle. Technically illegal to use on infantry, but you couldn't care less right about now. You feel comfortable with this weapon, being the crackshot you are. You hear a voice from above.

>"Open up, motherfuckers! You ruined our fucking lunch!"

A you see red lines appear on the roof. They're cutting in, and quickly.

>Stay where you are and be ready to blast whatever comes through
>Search for an emergency release to free your men (roll perception 1d12)
>>
>>835789
>Fire your anti-mat rifle through the hull at whatever's cutting to buy some time.
>Talk to the rookie to make sure he's okay if they temporarily stop cutting.

If it can't punch through the hull, just wait for them to cut through.
>>
>>835851
You fire through the hull, several times, the gun kicking in your hands. The cutting stops suddenly.

>"Haseem's down! Ahhh, fuck it, let's see if the artillery's still up, let em burn with the ship!"

You hear the thumping recede, and the word artillery suddenly clicks in your head. Oh, shit. You move to the Rookie.

>"You good?"
>"I... think one my ribs is broken but... I'm hardly the worst off. You should check on the others..."

You pry the harness off of him and pull him to his feet. His uniform is torn and blood is showing through. You turn to look for other survivors, and then the bullets come.

1/2
>>
>>836029
Tearing through the hull, they rip the cabin apart. You watch as a soldier, still trapped by their harness as they struggle desperately to get free, is ripped to shreds. Another follows soon after.

You watch as one manages to break free and hit the deck, the bullets tearing apart his exoskeleton. However, he is still relatively intact. The bullets near you now. The Rookie isn't moving. You have a few split seconds to make a choice.

>Hit the deck for yourself
>Pull him down and shield him
>Try to run and make it out the back
>>
>>836671
>Pull him down and shield him.

We take care of our own.
>>
>>837397
You grab the rookie and pull him down, shielding him from the fire with your body, covered by your exoskeleton. You feel rounds bounce off or dig into your suit, but none get to your flesh. However, the force is still there, and a round bounces off of your helmet, hard and fast. You feel the world go dark again.

(And now comes the actual infiltration part)

You open your eyes. You can see what appears to be a pyramid-shaped ceiling above you. The room is colored a dark gold, and is mostly empty, save for two figures off to the side. They are sitting, sipping something. You can't tell what.

>Yell at them to let you out
>Pretend to still be asleep
>Struggle
>>
>>837413
>Pretend to still be asleep
Make a new thread, OP. This one is almost at its end.

Know how to archive on suptg?
>>
The one of them gets up and leaves, heading to the door at the end of the room. The other turns to you, walking forward. You quickly close your eyes and pretend to be asleep.

>"Hmm, still asleep?"

The other man calls out from the end of the room.

>"You should reset his restraints while you still can. Don't wan't him escaping now."

You feel the restraints loosen slightly.

>Try to escape
>Stay where you are
>Try to talk
>>
>>842028
>Try to escape.
If possible, grab the person who loosened the restraints and get them into a hold.
>>
>>842560
You try to break free from your restraints, but suddenly they tighten around you, and you feel a shock course through your body. You pull again and they come free, and you grab at the man, but you feel a knock to your chest. You fall back onto the table and roll onto your side. As you climb to your feet, you see the man. He is middle aged, and is wearing a suit and tie. His arms are folded behind his back.

>"Please, let's not make this harder than it needs to be. I detest helping you brutes enough as is."

>Charge him
>Hold your ground
>Run for the exit
>>
>>842613
>Remain lying on the table,
>"Helping? What's going on?"
>>
>>842770
(You got up from the table)

>"Helping? What's going on?"
>"Yes, helping. I'm well aware of how bloody ridiculous that sounds.But rest assured, I have my own motives. We have fun ourselves thin here, and I fear we are incapable of redemption. I see helping you as...performing a cleanse."

He holds out his hand. In it is a key.

>"The storm knocked out the majority of our systems, so we have been relying on cruder systems for the most part. Behind that exit is a path. Follow it, and keep quiet, and you will come to where your surviving men are being held hostage. There are only ten left. You bloody brownskins were always soft. Now that is all the assistance you will receive from me. If you can't survive on your own, you don't deserve to. Now, take it and leave."

>Take the key and leave
>Charge him
>Remain here
>Run for the exit
>Write-in
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.