[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dynamic Kid Quest; Thread 04

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Title Card.png (2MB, 1094x1355px) Image search: [Google]
Title Card.png
2MB, 1094x1355px
Welcome to Dynamic Kid Quest! You are Miles Clyde, an enthusiastic super-boy who dreams of being a hero. Last time, you sparred with an adult; albeit a normal one, blew up a huge rock, and then took down a mobile tree!

Quest Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Dynamic%20Quest
>>
(Before beginning, a small announcement.)

(I've decided to go ahead and switch to the system I proposed in the last thread, in favor of expediting a number of processes. Don't worry, you retain all previously gained bonuses and skills.)

[Miles Skills]
<MUNDANE
>Martial Arts (3): 2 Dice (burst), 20 TN
>Pistols (2): 1 Dice (burst), 16 TN
>Gymnastics (3): 2 Dice (cumulative), 10 TN
>Stealth (1): 1 Dice (cumulative), 17 TN (x2 if enemy is alert)
>Pose (6): Reduces TN of other skills, enables taunting, increases effectiveness of collaborative skills

<SORCERY
>Shedding Cicada (AUTO): requires jacket and cape. If attacked in melee when rendered vulnerable by a bad Stealth result, jacket and cape will be shed to negate damage and you will displace nearby.
>Blast Novice (1): Adds 1 Dice and 34 TN to a mundane attack to apply Blast damage. GOOD or lower incurs recoil damage. May also be applied to Gymnastics to leap greater distances.
>Fire Novice (1): Adds 1 Dice and 34 TN to a mundane attack to apply Fire damage. Will accrue heat on self, but AVERAGE or lower worsens the effect. (Gained from Finn)
>Ice Novice (1): Adds 1 Dice and 34 TN to a mundane attack to apply Ice damage. Will cumulative frost on self no matter what, but AVERAGE or lower worsens the effect. May also be applied to Stealth to glide silently across the ground. (Gained from Isabel)

<DYNAMIC (5)
>Dirty Deeds: Costs 100 AP, 2 Dice (cumulative), 47 TN. Set a bomb; on GLANCING success enemies discover it.
>Break Missile: Costs 30 AP, 2 Dice (cumulative), 47 TN. A defensive skill that looses a small salvo of missiles to cancel out projectiles targeting self until the next turn. On GOOD success, the missiles will interrupt enemies instead of canceling shots. This effect is canceled if you are hit in melee.

<COLLABORATION PARTNERS
>Collette
>Finn
>George
>>
You spent a few hours hanging out with George, his sister, and Finn. It largely consisted of George and Mimi getting to know Finn a little more, due to not really knowing him, but you regaled them with some tales that included yourself too.

One of the tales was of the time you and Finn met; you were 7, and he had just turned 9. You had no grasp of your abilities back then; essentially a normal kid, but you saw him getting picked on by a larger bully. Finn was ignoring the hazing, but it made you angry beyond belief, and you had sucker-punched the bully, which had all the effect of a feather drifting against a brick wall.

Needless to say, you got your butt kicked, and Finn got hurt trying to stop the bully from hurting you. To this day, it baffles the two of you just how that bully whooped both of you at the same time. Your intentions aside, Finn was angry at you, and told you he didn't need a hero. Later on, you learned the bully was Moe.

You'd thought that was the last time you'd see Finn. But, a few weeks later, he stopped by your house, leading you to his place with little word, and just began teaching you things. How to hit, how to dodge, how to move with dexterity and agility, how not to be seen, and most importantly, how to pose.

You remember being worried he was going to have you dress like a girl too, but that was not the case. He did give you ideas on how to look like a "rogue-ish hero," hence the jacket and cape, while he always favored the "pop-icon" look.

You've never understood why, but you never really cared enough to ask.

[1]
>>
>The current time is 12:30 PM.
>You lost 50 AP in stagnation; current AP: 50!
>Your bruises have cleared up, but you still feel kinda sore in some spots; mainly your head and tailbone.

The tea Mimi served apparently promotes mental clarity and physical regeneration, but it made you a little drowsy too. Finn told you it was because you added too much sugar, but it was so bitter without it!

Regardless, you feel better than you did a few hours ago, and it seems like Finn and George are getting along. Not that it surprises you; both of them are nice enough, though there were plenty of times George just had no idea how to react to him.

Still, it's past noon, and you need to be somewhat productive, especially with thoughts of that gang in the back of your mind.

[Break's Over!]
>Go find Moe, see if you can get started on helping him turn over a new leaf.
>Get a ride to the city and...
>>...see if the constabulary needs assistance.
>>...visit the shooting range (-7 Coins).
>See what Eli is doing today.

[Team Roster]
>Go alone (chosen automatically if going to see Moe).
>Take Finn with you.
>Take George with you.
>Bring both!

[2]
>>
(Sorry, I can't do this any more.)

(Too many things are going on in my life right now to facilitate being a QM. I thought I could do it, but I guess not.)

(Maybe it's just shit writing, or the disorganization, or bad mechanics. It could be a number of things. But I just can't sit here, for hours on end, waiting for posts that will never come.)

(I take the hint now. I'm done. That's not to say I don't appreciate the small following I had. Mage, you were a cool guy, thanks for putting up with me as long as you did. I know our timezones were different, but still, you sometimes stayed up all night to play. That fact makes it even harder to quit. But, it's become too hectic.)

(If the planets align in a manner that allows me to run a Quest, I will go to Anon-kun. This board... there are too many problems to go into detail, and without sounding bitter.)

(I gotta turn my life around. Sorry if anyone is affected in a negative manner by this; I know no amount of apologies will make up for this.)

(If anyone reads this, I wish you well; have fun and stay safe. I'm signing off.)
>>
>>790842
Hey man, it's cool. Take a break, you've certainly earned it. I can't say I know how it feels to get so few players despite so much dedication, but I will say that I'm convinced that this is on the board, not on you. The mechanics were solid the writing was as well, so I really have no explanation for why so few people played. All the people complaining about how qst is dying should fucking follow their own advice and give new QMs a chance, but I guess they're just hypocrites.

If you ever do end coming to akun, I'll join you for your next project, whatever it is. Until then, I hope things improve for you. Best of luck, Dynamic.
>>
Try Anonkun m8

https://anonkun.com/

People who actually like quests go there

/qst/ is a shithole
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.