[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Civ thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 44

File: CivThread.jpg (948KB, 1841x3681px) Image search: [Google]
CivThread.jpg
948KB, 1841x3681px
Hey guys, I've got a horrible head cold and I'm bored as fuck. Anyone want to do a civ thread? I won't bail.

Majority rules for the civ
>>
>>781501
Oh, and I will try to be quick with responses. I know how frustrating it is to have to wait 10 minutes for a DM to respond.
>>
Sad bump.
>>
>>781501
Probably hurts that you used a bad pic.

Trolls, haunted forest.
>>
>>781501
>Slime
>Swamp
Bog merchants!
>>781519
It might take a while. Hopefully, more people will come.
>>
>>781534
Honestly I just picked the first chart I could find in my drive. Agreed it was probably my fault.

>>781536
1 to 1 for haunted troll forest against slimy swamps.
>>
If there's no more votes, I suggest a roll if you want.
>>
>>781536
>>781534

You guys wanna roll to see which we do?
>>
>>781559
If you want. I say you roll.
>>
>>781557
I really need to hit the update button more.

>>781561
Right then. First roll is for Trolls, second is for Slimes
>>
Rolled 42, 58 = 100 (2d100)

>>781565
Forgot the dice.
>>
>>781536
>>781557

Looks like it's slimes. Any objections?
>>
>>781570
Nope.
>>
File: Slime.jpg (42KB, 736x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Slime.jpg
42KB, 736x1040px
Dark, muggy, mosquito ridden, constant rain, stagnant water, and with enough soggy wood to disappoint at least ten sorority girls. You would never expect a swamp to be the birthplace of anything more advanced than the alligator. Nevertheless, beneath the bubbling, mud colored waters, the spark of sentient life emerges. Well, not emerges. More like “coagulates into one centralized glob of liquid that has two glowing bright spots for eyes.” Regardless, that is how you came into being. Wiggling up above the surface of a pool, you look around, and see similar shapes of various colors, mostly dark greens to light browns, doing the same. Beneath your gelatinous surface are various bits picked up out of the liquid. Wood, bones, and an oddly universally shaped stone dead center in your chests. Are these your people? Who are you?
>>
Half of the art I'm finding for slimes is fetish or slimegirls. This is going to be interesting.
>>
File: MGC Slime Man.png (1MB, 895x1192px) Image search: [Google]
MGC Slime Man.png
1MB, 895x1192px
>>781589
It's hard to find non-fetish slime people art, sadly.
Also, do we make the main guy or are you making choices?
>>
>>781591
You make the main guy, >>781578's pic was just the first one I thought looked nice. But I honestly prefer the one you posted.
>>
>>781592
If that's the case
>Mowbray
>Shaman
The green pic could be his(if you allow sex to describe the slimes) wife.
>>
File: 1466318085049.jpg (90KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1466318085049.jpg
90KB, 900x675px
Always preferred nonhuman slimes myself.
>>
>>781605
They can be the warriors of the tribe. Gobble up the enemies.
>>
File: Swamp.jpg (77KB, 900x400px) Image search: [Google]
Swamp.jpg
77KB, 900x400px
>>781601
On it.

Mowbray is what you decide to call yourself, though you aren't entirely sure why. What you do know is that you can feel a sort of aura around you, as if you could see the cores of the swamp around you. They're like thin strings of slime, prone to snapping or joining together in equal measure. Another slime has taken particular interest in you, one of a light green hue with two piles of liquid on her chest and a matching mound on her lower half. She says her name is Janbi, and she wishes to aid you in...well, you're not quite sure. Strange, everything is a haze in your mind, nothing seems certain.

Your people begin to crawl out of the pool, taking cautious ‘steps’ if you could call it that, leaving colorful puddles wherever they go. Every minute it seems that more are growing out of the pool, making a head count impossible. Despite lacking a mouth, you all seem to understand each other, your words mixing with gestures and shifts in the tint of your slime as you speak. Many are simply staring off into the swamp or the sky, eyes locked on something beyond your sight. Is this what sentience is like? If it is, it seems boring. Maybe you can do something to spice it up?

>A) Scout the area
>B) Reproduce
>C) ???
>D)???
>E)???
>F) Write in
>>
>>781605
>>781609

I like this idea!
>>
File: 1462398592125.jpg (402KB, 642x766px) Image search: [Google]
1462398592125.jpg
402KB, 642x766px
>>781610
>>>F) Write in
The cores are one per slime, correct? Try to get everyone to stand sufficiently apart to get a proper headcount and, if applicable, categorize. By size, substance, etc. Maybe they're all special, unique snowflakes, but we gotta know what we're working with here.

Afterwards we can look around.

I hope you don't mind if I dump some pics I have for no other reason than I like them.
>>
>>781610
>A) Scout the area
Have to find out if we're in danger or not from predators.
>>
>>781618
>>781610
This first. I'll switch if I have too.
>>
File: map.png (784KB, 5181x4598px) Image search: [Google]
map.png
784KB, 5181x4598px
>>781618
Nah, that's cool. Gives me ideas to work with!

>>781619
Okay, two actions per turn.

You look around, and realize that at the rate your kind are emerging they could easily become lost, and ask that everyone group together, an arm's length apart from each, around the pond. You begin to walk, making sure to notice and distinct structures, colors, or the like. By your count, there are about 35 of your people around the pool, of which 15 do not share what Janbi calls a "human" shape, whatever that means. Instead, they are low on the ground, the much of the marsh poking out of them, along with several recently captured creatures being dissolved in their innards. You have opted to call these Hunters. Interesting sight, to say the least. You all seem to share the same substance, easily able to swap a limb with one another, with no noticeable effects. Your colors match the environment around you, though you see that when one begins to giggle they turn a light yellow tint.

About halfway through this you realize that some of the first slimes that you checked have wandered off, with a trail leading away from the pool and into the woods. Without much thought Janbi sends two slimes, one humanoid, one hunter, out to track them and return them to the pool. After a short while, they return with knowledge of the surrounding area. Nothing of interest has been found yet, but they report seeing movement among the higher up trees.

Apologies for the shit map.
>>
File: FancySlime.jpg (195KB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
FancySlime.jpg
195KB, 1280x1810px
Rolled 35 (1d100)

More slimes have emerged from the pool, 4 humanoid, 1 hunter.

>TOTAL POPULATION: 40
>HUNTER POPULATION: 16

>A) Scout the area
>B) Reproduce
>C) ???
>D)???
>E)???
>F) Write in
>>
>>781649
>F) Try to use "magic"
>>
File: 1474461027904.jpg (105KB, 1000x730px) Image search: [Google]
1474461027904.jpg
105KB, 1000x730px
>>781640
The map is fine. For now, at least. The center is the pool we came out of, I assume. I'm not entirely sure about the northeast. Just plain swamp terrain?

>>781649
Lead a small party of slimes to investigate the movements in the trees.

Tell us if you need dice.
>>
File: dryad_by_sketcheth-d6v4uay.jpg (483KB, 1025x1500px) Image search: [Google]
dryad_by_sketcheth-d6v4uay.jpg
483KB, 1025x1500px
>>781654
>>781655

Ah fuck, I knew I was forgetting something. From this point forward use 1d100 for your actions. And yeah, the center is where you came out of, the northeast is swamp without trees.
>>781655

On a whim, you try to touch one of the strings you see connecting a vine and another tree, and you find that you are able to crudely manipulate it. Nothing like a whip, but you are able to coil it around a branch, shake it, and muck about with it. Trying this again with a small mouse, you are unable to control it, but you notice that it seems to stumble slightly when you tug on its string.

>>781655

Following these reports, you leave Janbi to watch over the majority of the slimes while you venture out to where your scouts said the movements were, in the southeast, with two hunters and two humanoids. You walk for some time, and grow slightly thirsty, stopping to soak in a puddle before you hear the splattering of mud and water behind you. Whipping around, you see a feminine figure of wood and leaf, eyes a bright green, staring at you, with a a large thorn in her hands.

"Who are you?" She asks, her voice sounding like she was about to start singing.
>>
File: 1462762531389.jpg (206KB, 1334x1021px) Image search: [Google]
1462762531389.jpg
206KB, 1334x1021px
Rolled 17 (1d100)

>>781671
Give her our name. Diplomacy ahoy.
>>
Rolled 75 (1d100)

>>781682
>>781671
+1
>>
File: Dryad2.jpg (73KB, 564x821px) Image search: [Google]
Dryad2.jpg
73KB, 564x821px
>>781682
>>781688

You begin to speak, waving your arms as you would communicate to one of your own people, even going so far as to attempt to tug at her string. "My name is Mowbray, and I lead the Slimes."

She reacts with disgust, her voice going from soft honey to screeching pain. "Monster!" She cries, pulling back the thorn and lunging it deep into one of the hunter's cores, shattering it into fragments and causing the slime to dissolve into a messy puddle. "You disrupt the balance, you pull on nature's being. I will have to destroy yo-" Her cliched speech is cut off my a vine ripping through her center from the edge of the forest, pulling her back into the trees. A moment later, another figure emerges, much taller and more elegant than the first.

"Forgive Mai, she is a sapling. I am Hei, queen of the forest. I am pleased to meet you, and apologize for my young one's behavior. I will deal with her personally." She extends a hand, without thorns or chips.
>>
>>781701
>Show you're a bit angry but greet her with cool diplomacy
Well then... Also, do we roll with each action or will you tell when?
>>
>>781705
Roll with each action unless stated otherwise.
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>781707
>>
Rolled 11 (1d100)

>>781701
Shake the hand. Ask her what they are.

I didn't think we were voting yet.
>>
File: 1470175836062.gif (4MB, 394x310px) Image search: [Google]
1470175836062.gif
4MB, 394x310px
>>781712
ANON WHAT
>>
>>781705
>>781712
>>781713

>DING DING DING MOTHERFUCKERS!
>AUTOMATIC SUCCESS FOR THE NEXT THREE ACTIONS!

Though you're uncertain, yet again, as to what a queen is, you believe this woman is somewhat important. You extend a goopy hand to her, and you shake. "It is a pleasure to meet the superior of the woman who has just ended one of my companions." You say, eye spots narrowing. "May I ask what you are, exactly?"

She can sense the hostility laden behind your words. "Again, I apologize for the little one's actions. She has not yet worked out the consequences to her actions." You notice that the slime left on her hand has begun to seep into her body. "I am a Dryad, one of many, present to protect nature from the threat of imbalance and destruction, by peace, or war." You can sense the lie behind her "many" comment, though she does not show it.

"What of you? We know that you have emerged from the pond to the north, but nothing beyond that."
>>
>>781723
>"We are Slimes. We wanted to see the land around here. We wish no hostiles with no one...unless provoked. Do you know of any other groups?"
>>
>>781723
Admit that we don't know how we came to be, but whatever is responsible wasn't around when we came to. I mean, I guess we didn't investigate the pond yet, but don't tell her that.

Why can she understand us, yet the other one can't?

Also, how far does their territory extend? We don't know how big her forest is, and we don't know what she deems to be acceptable behavior within it. We've no desire to cause unbalance.
>>
File: Map2.png (1MB, 5181x4598px) Image search: [Google]
Map2.png
1MB, 5181x4598px
>>781737
1/3 Auto success

"We are Slimes. We wanted to see the land around here. We wish no hostiles with no one...unless provoked. Do you know of any other groups?" The words echo into her mind, and you notice several pairs of eyes appear on the treeline, ranging from light amber to pine green.

"Yes, we know of several. There are humans and orcs, far to the south along what they call the Gerin River, constantly warring and raiding each other, salting the earth and causing my sisters to sob in their corpse ridden fields." She picks up a small piece of bark and begins to illustrate a map. "To the east lie the crystal lands, ruled by warlords of diamond and crystal. And far to the north," She cuts upward with a thorn in her finger, "are the Howlers, cruel apes as big as the trees and with no regards for anything but themselves.

Sorry that took so long, wanted to update the map.

(P2 inbound)
>>
>>781759
Looks great.
>>
>It's a non-blub-shaped-learning-to-mutate-slime-beings-with-psychic-potential episode
>>
>>781779
Do you have the full pic?
Nice touch with the Hanar.
>>
File: Dryad3.jpg (8KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
Dryad3.jpg
8KB, 188x268px
>>781741

"Thank you for answering my question." You respond, and the woman nods. "If you do not mind, I have a few more I would like answered."

"It would be a pleasure, but you must answer my own, since you didn't." She raises an eyebrow.

"Of course. But we must admit that, at the current moment, we don't know of how we came to be. If we were created by another being, they were not present when we began to emerge. My advisor, Janbi, is currently scouting for them, if they exist." You reply. "Now, how is it that you are able to understand us, and how far does your domain range? Do you follow the puddles and rivers, as we do? And what may we do to keep from unbalancing the land?"

She smiles. "Thank you. And to answer, saplings do not have the gift of tongues until they grow older. I, being three hundred, have no worries about this. This, combined with my heritage, ensures that I am the ruling authority for my dominion." You notice her shoulders slump slightly. "Speaking of which, I protect the swamp, and the river that passes through it. My sisters care for other lands, though I prefer not to reveal their locations. As for unbalance, I ask that you do not place your refuse in the water. If you chop a tree, you plant one of its saplings. If you hunt a creature, you allow the next to go free."
>>
>>781769
Thank you!
>>
>>781785
Seems simple enough. I don't think we would need that much housing. Do slimes even...give off waste?
>>
>>781785
That's some pretty hippy shit right there. I say we agree, but interpret it in a non-literal way, because hunting is hard enough without letting half your prey go. Avoiding overhunting and overcutting is simple and a good idea regardless, so that's fine.
>>
File: version1.png (5MB, 1717x5022px) Image search: [Google]
version1.png
5MB, 1717x5022px
>>781784
It's an incomplete project I was working on a long time ago for a pdf, with tooltips for each trait. The artwork is still a treasure though. I doubt I'll complete it, but one can salvage what he wants from it. I was inspired stole the design from Endless Space. Figured "why come up with a nice design when I can just pluck the fruits of a professional development team that spent countless hours and money on it already".
>>
>>781803
Well, they're nature spirits so it's would be correct they want a very balanced ecosystem. I suggest we hut mostly male animals if we can.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 272x185px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 272x185px
>>781798
>>781803

"We agree, we will keep the balance to the best of our capabilities." You agree to her terms, already thinking of loopholes to her rules. So far as you can tell you do not produce waste, and you doubt something of your...design, would need complex housing. For hunting it could be as simple as hunting the males, allowing the females to remain available to be reproduce with a shrunken pool of mates. Seems fair enough.

"Do you have any other questions?" Hei asks.

>>781805
That's fucking awesome.
>>
File: 1453931911654.jpg (160KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
1453931911654.jpg
160KB, 620x400px
>>781810
Can't really think of anything at this moment.
>>
>>781810
>"That is all. Thank you for your time."
Time leave.
>>
>>781817
*to
>>
File: AnimuSwmp.jpg (5KB, 314x160px) Image search: [Google]
AnimuSwmp.jpg
5KB, 314x160px
>>781814
>>781817

"Thank you for your time, we will take our leave." You nod, and she bows to you, before disappearing into the underbrush. The walk back is plain and simple enough, with nothing of note occurring in the meantime.

You return to find Janbi busying herself and the other slimes in clearing the pond of debris, reeds, and garbage. She greets you with a smile. "I am glad to see you've returned safely. What did you find?" You tell her of the Dryads, of the civilizations to the south, east, and north, and looks slightly puzzled. "What of the west? That is the only direction she did not mention, why would that be?" She returns to her work, slightly confused.

>TOTAL POPULATION: 44
>HUNTER POPULATION: 17

>A) Scout the area
>B) Reproduce
>C) ???
>D)???
>E)???
>F) Write in
>>
Rolled 65 (1d100)

>>781827
Investigate the pond itself. Perhaps there are some clues, or delicious fishes or something.

Rolling in case we're out of free successes, as I'm not sure if any of that woulda normally required rolls.
>>
Rolled 36 (1d100)

>>781827
>Investigate the pond some more
it's good to find out more about home.
>>
File: SL11827-3lotus.jpg (57KB, 270x360px) Image search: [Google]
SL11827-3lotus.jpg
57KB, 270x360px
>>781831
You've still got one left after this.

You think back to the conversation you had with Hei, how you had no idea as to how you or your people came into being in this world. Realizing you've never actually looked beneath the surface of the pond, you step inside it, sinking beneath the surface as you feel rejuvenated and focused. Searching along the bottom, in the beginning you find little more than rotten branches, stones, and the like. However, something catches your eye.

A gem, bright red and with writing inscribed into the case holding it, lies at the very bottom of the pool. As you draw closer, you see a faint ghost of a string tying the gem to your core, and begin to feel great unease, your body telling you to get as far away from this gem as quickly as you can.
>>
>>781839
Interesting. Call over Janbi and another slime, see if they get the same reaction or if this is unique to you. Try to observe what these strings are doing so you can understand, counteract and/or duplicate it.
>>
>>781839
Must be the birth gem. Take to get out of there. I assumed the escaped energy is what gave the Slimes their lives.
>>
>>781848
*time
>>
>>781847
>>781848

Poking your head out of the water, you call for Janbi and another slime, this one a pale grey, to follow you down to investigate. As the three of you get closer, the feelings of dread wash over you, again. You look over to your companions and point to the gem.

"Mowbray, I believe it would be best if we leave this pool. The gem is not natural, and we should leave it be. We might destroy the pool if we remove it." You can see the fear in her eye spots, though the other slime simply stares at it. Not so much as a hint of emotion is betrayed on his face, in fact he starts to reach out to try and touch it, and you begin to see a string connect the two before Janbi, also growing a string, pulls him back. The three of you leave the pool, much to Janbi's relief.
>>
>>781858
Bad, Yemen. I guess we should warn everyone to not touch it or should we keep it a secret?
>>
File: 1462189003749.jpg (481KB, 446x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1462189003749.jpg
481KB, 446x1008px
>>781858
Oh jeez. We'll need some outside help for this, it seems. Eventually, at least, when we know who to trust.

>collect information about local wildlife to see what's best for hunting, how they behave, how to take advantage of it, what's edible, what tastes best, etc.

Hmm. It seems hard to think of things to suggest for slimes other than self-improvement. I don't think they're known for much more than eating, growing and splitting. Hard to make improvement to their lifestyle if you don't know much about it. I suppose we could take requests from the other slimes, see what they feel is lacking.
>>
>>781858
Discuss the posible nature of the gem. Try to come up with an idea of what it is, how it works and if it's posible to harness it's power
>>
File: Slime Rainbow.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Slime Rainbow.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>781867
After that, we should try to improve intelligence. Eventually, creating psychic abilities communicate with other races.
>>
Well, there are the crystal people in the East though we would need to see if they're friendly.
>>
File: 1471822281769.jpg (225KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
1471822281769.jpg
225KB, 700x900px
>>781876
Ehh, the strings thing seems more arcane than psionic. I'd rather improve on that instead of rejecting what OP's put in front of us.

Since we can make sounds and gestures, speech should be possible. The challenge is to make them realize we aren't hostile, which might be possible by imitating them. Clear facial features with expressions, a humanoid form with nonthreatening body language, clothes and such.
>>
File: swamp-background-1.jpg (1MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
swamp-background-1.jpg
1MB, 1280x960px
>>781867

And that's the last auto success.

To get your mind off of the fear from the strange red crystal beneath the pool, you order that a few hunters head out and investigate the local wildlife, gathering as much information as they can about the fauna and flora. They are gone for quite some time, but return safely.

"The animals around the pool are mostly small, tasty amphibians. Many frogs and toads. We have seen a few four legged creatures, some with horns, some with soft white tails. We also saw shaggy creatures, with hard hooves that stomped on us. Not very good taste."

"Hunters don't appear to be the best communicators." Janbi mutters as she processes the information. "And the flora?"

"Small starch, called potato, carrots, and many mushrooms. Very happy to find mushrooms."

As Janbi busies herself with that, you begin to question some of the other slimes about how they feel, what they would like improved, etc. The general consensus is to find people like the Dryads, such as these "humans," "orcs," and "crystalids."

(P2 inbound.)
>>
>>781874

After questioning, you ask Janbi and the grey slime what they believed was the gem's power.

"I am not entirely sure, but I am certain it cannot be good. I felt nothing but sheer terror in my core as we approached it. If I may be blunt, I believe we should never venture beneath the surface again." Janbi answered.

"Don't know. Very pretty." The grey slime responded, and Janbi has seen to it that he is restrained from entering the pool again.

>TOTAL POPULATION: 48
>HUNTER POPULATION: 18

>A) Scout the area
>B) Reproduce
>C) ???
>D)???
>E)???
>F) Write in
>>
>>781904
>>>A) Scout the area
The people have spoken. East, to the crystalids! They're fellow unusual beings. Maybe they're up for some parlay.
>>
File: 1466686858938.jpg (126KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1466686858938.jpg
126KB, 450x600px
Rolled 56 (1d100)

>>781911
Oh yeah, the roll.
>>
File: Amano_FF1_Slime-Flan.jpg (82KB, 921x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Amano_FF1_Slime-Flan.jpg
82KB, 921x1000px
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>>781904
>F) Make weapons
Needs some defense against strong enemies.
>>
File: map3.png (2MB, 5181x4598px) Image search: [Google]
map3.png
2MB, 5181x4598px
>>781917

You leave Janbi, again, for the east, trekking through the marshlands easily enough until you come to a break in the treeline. Beyond that you find vast planes, with towering mountains rising high in the distance. You continue for some time, before coming across a land of burning sands stretching before the mountain range. You cannot so much as step on it without a searing pain shooting up through your body. Sadly, you've lost a slime to the sands, who believed they were simply dry dirt.

>>781921

Meanwhile, at the pool, Janbi begins to fasten a few simple bits of nature together to create tools and means of protection. Even though your people are surprisingly durable, able to survive many of the conventional means of danger, she fears worse will come. As such, simple shields of bark have been made, a peg embedded into the arm as way to hold them, to protect your people.

>Tools invented!
>Shields invented!
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>781937
Well shit. I guess it makes sense that deserts are hostile. Gotta keep it in mind for warfare later on.

We voting yet? You might want prompt ant the end of each update so we know there isn't a part 2 or something.

If so,
>Reproduce

I also kind of want to find out what makes hunters come out different from the others.
>>
Rolled 69 (1d100)

>>781937
>Return home and reproduce
Time for babbies
>>
Rolled 84 (1d100)

>>781937
2 actions per turn right? If so then +1 on reproduction and see if we can use the strings to shape the world around us. Like move the earth or water to our will or something.
>>
>>781960
I'll second that.
>>
>>781945
>>781953

>HOT DAMN WE GOT A 69!

Will do.

You return home to find several of the slimes around the pool, joined together in a rather intimate position. They are separated by type, hunters to hunters, humanoids to humanoids. Their bodies mix between the legs, fluid passing from the male to the female and forming into a loose ball inside her.

"I told them they had to boost our numbers." Janbi looks on in disbelief, as even freshly emerged slimes are joining in the ceremony. "At this rate I believe we will have double our numbers soon enough." You can see she is getting visibly flustered. "Should we...join them?"

>Population will be doubled in three turns.
>Smut is optional.

>>781960

After all the fun is said and done, you decide to test just how much you abilities can effect, namely non-living things. All your efforts produce little in the way of results, with the closest thing to shaping the world being altering the position of living things in the material.

After the cere
>>
>>781979
Forgot pic
>>
>>781501
Insect
plains
>>
>>781986
Bit late to the party, bub.
>>
>>781986
Kind of late for that.
>>
>>781981
Uh. You forgot the rest of the post, too.
>>
>>781986
by the way, I'm new to civ, so you might have to explain some rules
>>
>>781979
Did the end get cut off?
>>
>>78199>>781988
>>781986
welp, I'll show myself out
>>
>>781991
We write what we think should be the curent action the civilization we are playing should take given the situation we find ourselves in at the moment, and based on our rolls (put "dice+1d100 in options field to roll 1 d 100) OP will decide how well that action turns out for us. Rinse. Repeat.
>>
>>781990
>>781995

The after the cere was leftover text I forgot to delete.
>>
File: tegaki.png (3KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
3KB, 400x400px
Sorry about the delay guys!

>TOTAL POPULATION: 52
>HUNTER POPULATION: 19

>A) Scout the area
>B) Reproduce
>C) ???
>D)???
>E)???
>F) Write in
>>
>>782002
The race and location has already been decided. That's why we said it was a bit late. However you are more than welcome to join us in playing our swamp slime game.
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

>>781979
>F) Create a fence to mark our territory
>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

>>782013
Try to learn to use surrounding plant matter for hunting.
>>
File: vines-on-white-fence.jpg (357KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
vines-on-white-fence.jpg
357KB, 1000x667px
>>782022
>>782024
Heads up, I need to go in like thirty minutes. Provided nothing stupid happens I should be able to be back soon though.

While messing around trying to alter the world, a thought cross your mind. A way to mark your territory. Nothing major, you're not destroying part of the swamp or lighting everything on fire, but a simple fence of bark and vines to denote how much you control. It takes some effort, but you are able to mark off a sizeable area some distance away from the pond and build a crude fence. At the very least it will keep some of the smaller animals out.

>+1 Defense!

Working on the fence gives you the idea to try and create traps utilizing the vines and other living material for hunting. The result is a flimsy basket tied to a vine, with some small pebbles and reeds beneath it. Unsurprisingly, it doesn't work too well. On the plus side, no one was injured.
>>
>>782051
I'd meant like, with magic, but a roll like that probably would've gotten the same thing, or worse.
>>
Rolled 84 (1d100)

>>782051
>F)Try to use magic but not near people
We're going to need it.
>>
File: swewer.png (347KB, 480x750px) Image search: [Google]
swewer.png
347KB, 480x750px
>>782062
Oh, my bad!

Working on the fence, you see a complex web of strings tying the material together. On a whim you begin messing with these, making a few puppets out of them to act as decoys for potential hunting, but beyond that little of interest comes up.

>TOTAL POPULATION: 56
>HUNTER POPULATION: 20

>A) Scout the area
>B) Reproduce
>C) ???
>D)???
>E)???
>F) Write in
>>
Rolled 1 (1d100)

>>782051
Explore the limits of our bodies. See if we can mold ourselves to change our apearance, if we can shape our apendiges to form sharp edges for cuting trees or battle. Maybe we can even seperate these parts from ourselves for a short time and use our own molded arms as spears?
>>
>>782092
What have I done...
>>
Rolled 79 (1d100)

>>782088
>F)Improve the weapons
I want to meet the humans and orcs in that order but I also want to have more a fighting chance if we go to war.
>>782092
Yikes!
>>
File: 1454363285108.gif (431KB, 244x190px) Image search: [Google]
1454363285108.gif
431KB, 244x190px
>>782092
FUCK

RE-ROLL

RE-ROLL

I DEVOTE THIS ACTION TO MITIGATING DISASTER
>>
File: pgx8th.jpg (55KB, 550x545px) Image search: [Google]
pgx8th.jpg
55KB, 550x545px
>>782095
>>
>>782102
I'm sorry, Senpai. I'll be good from now on I promise. Please forgive me.
>>
Rolled 94 (1d100)

>>782100
>>
>>782112
Well, that's better though I don't know if Sick is using crits.
>>
>>782121
Uh. He used them last time, so, yeah.
>>
>>782112
Does this mean that we have a disaster but get results, or that our results are disastorous, but we survive with minimal damage?
>>
>>782123
Fudge... Does that we fail the next three actions?
>>
>>782126
I dunno, depends on what actions get chosen.
>>
File: Everything_is_Terrible!.jpg (28KB, 300x204px) Image search: [Google]
Everything_is_Terrible!.jpg
28KB, 300x204px
>>782082

After seeing how the strings could mesh together, you decide to try and test the limits of your powers, away from your people so that they don't wander into any danger zones. It takes some time, but you're able to develop a sort of crude whipping bolt from the vines. You're able to wrap the vine around your arms and lash out as if it were an extension of your body. This will certainly be useful.

>Learned the Vine Whip!

>>782092

Suddenly, you hear the sounds of death, discombobulation, pain, and slight arousal. Rushing back to the pool, you find all of the feminine slimes, including Janbi, writhing in pain. It appears that your little ceremony has greater repercussions than you realized. The masculine slimes are all diving beneath the pool, presumably towards the gem. Most of them are missing body parts, many are melting as soon as they reach the water. This is the exact opposite of good.

-30 TOTAL POP!
-15 HUNTERS!

>>782098
This will come next turn!
>>
>>782137
*Actions here are separate from turn actions until the 1 is resolved.
>>
>>782137
I have no idea what's going on. Was this because of the magic or because of the fugging?
>>
>>782148
Fugging.
>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

>>782150
Well if we're voting, I say we help the waifu and ask her what happened.
>>
>>782148
Too much stretching.
>>
>>782130
Well, I wasn't going to, but now that you said it you will automatically fail one action next turn.
>>
>>782163
Goddamnit, man.
>>
File: panic-disorder-971.jpg (19KB, 420x279px) Image search: [Google]
panic-disorder-971.jpg
19KB, 420x279px
>>782158
I need to go after this. I'll try and be back soon!

You almost stumble over writhing bodies as you wobble over to Janbi. You ask what happened.

"The bodies. Inside, they're eating the cores." She gasps out, breath unsteady. She's telling the truth, you can see the body inside her slowly dissolving her core. "The others are committing suicide, please help them." She begs, looking about ready to collapse before you plunge a hand inside her, ripping off the body from her core and tossing it aside.

"Thank...Thank you." She sputters out, finally to get a breath without feeling like her body is going to burst. The two of you begin to try and save the remaining people on the ground, fearing to venture into the pool for obvious reasons. As the last man dives in, you find yourself and Janbi alone, with the remaining living slimes recovering on their sides from the trauma.

(P2 inbound)
>>
>>782137
Try CPR or something. I don't eve know anymore
>>
>>782188
Shh. Just lie back and watch the results of my glorious roll. For which you're welcome, by the way.
>>
>>782186
I think I can stay for like half an hour more.

Then, you hear the snapping of twigs, along with a few "god dammit"s and "sonsabitches." Turning around, shield in hand, you see what looks to a tanned, almost hairless ape, with a thin black beard, brown eyes, and shaggy hair. He's dressed in crude leaf, reeds, and cloth clothing, His head is clocked to the side, with a look of disbelief apparent on his face.

"Now what in the God's good name're you sonsabitches?"
>>
>>782186

*The slimes have been stabilized, with no more Core-Rot, as Janbi is calling it. The masculine slimes are still underwater though, with no signs of activity on the surface.
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

>>782197
Inform them that we're slime people, i.e. sentient blobs of acid, so maybe don't touch us. Also, kinda busy having some pregnancy issues here with our males, for some reason. I'm not sure why. Do they mind holding for a bit while we go rescue them?
>>
File: index.jpg (9KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9KB, 276x183px
>>782208

"We are the Slimes, the people of the pond. We ask that you please wait some time whilst we deal an issue involving our men and pregnancy." You reply to the man.

He stares at you, dumbfounded for a moment, barely getting out a "What?" before you've plunged beneath the surface of the pool. The water is remarkably more clear now, with the vast sphere of slimeball surrounding the red crystal plain in sight. You swim towards it, hearing a collective groan from the ball, most likely from your men.
>>
>>782108
check it out pls
>>
Rolled 45 (1d100)

>>782244
No. Fuck off.

>>782225
Ask them what the fuck they're doing.
>>
>>782244
You are the worst kind of person.
>>
File: RE.jpg (4KB, 177x284px) Image search: [Google]
RE.jpg
4KB, 177x284px
>>782249

"What are you doing?!" You call out to them, trying to pull their strings towards you and way from the crystalline structure.

"THE MASTER CALLS." It groans in response, a twisted mouth forming to speak as the blob moves to try and pull you into it, though you just barely escape its grasp. "WE MUST OBEY." You can clearly see their cores being torn from their bodies towards the crystal, forming up into a crude ball as more and more slimes are dissolved and mashed into one Frankenstein's monster body.
>>
Rolled 29 (1d100)

>>782274
Uh. Uh. Try to break their cores apart from each other?
>>
File: Why.jpg (17KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Why.jpg
17KB, 259x194px
>>782281

Using all of your strength, you summon a vine beneath the water and lung at the cores, bashing against them with everything you've got to try and break apart the combination of cores. You succeed, but too well. Rather than separating the cores individually, you completely shatter some of them, with desperate pleads for help and cries of betrayal filling your mind as you do so.
>>
Rolled 94 (1d100)

>>782305
Fucking-

Destroy the crystal.
>>
>>782305
>>782274
Forgot my name, fuck. I really need to go. I'll try and be back soon. If I'm not back in time, I'll start a new thread this weekend.
>>
>>782311
I'll resolve this when I get back.
>>
>>782324
Thanks for running.
>>
just read the whole thread, I'm a bit of a newfag to /qst/ but I'll participate if OP gets back
>>
>>782108
>>782108
>>782108
>>782108
>>782108
>>782108
Advertising this thread, dont mind me
>>
>>782432
You are the opposite of Batman.
>>
This is the only CIV thread that has caught my attention
>>
>>783469
is the thread still on ?
>>
I really hope so. I am already attached to our Slimeballs. >>784907
>>
nice civ so far, I'd hate to see this thread die like most of civs
>>
>I wont bail
Come on OP dont break our hearts like the rest.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (77KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
77KB, 1440x1080px
OP bailed. RIP
>>
File: 1458174092409.jpg (80KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1458174092409.jpg
80KB, 766x960px
>>782432
You are the opposite of Batman.
>>
When will fags learn that its basically a trollpost at this point. They post the same image. They say they wont bail. Make one or two posts. Then they bail.
>>
>>792222
He made dozens of posts over 5+ hours, you idiot.
>>
>>792274
Sadly that is the truth, tell me how many civs on /qst/ have survived beyond the first thread.
Thread posts: 148
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.