[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TICONDEROGA STAR QUEST

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

File: 1359057903394.jpg (632KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1359057903394.jpg
632KB, 1920x1200px
IN THE TERRIFYING BLACKNESS OF THE VOID, YOU ARE THE LIGHT. Mankind expands to the stars, and with it encounters an entire galaxy's worth of problems. Far from finding other older races, humanity has become the uplifter-race, the only known sentient species to have left its own home under its own power. Hypercorporations engage in economic conflict through mercenary armies and private security firms over valuable resources. Hackers and cyberterrorists wage electronic war over interstellar distances as governments rise and fall within heartbeats. Artificial Intelligences manage our communities and toy with the idea of committing genocide. It is an age of unparalleled advancement. It is the era of the Faster-Than-Light Drive, the deep-space explorer, the free-thinking machine, and the friendly neighborhood alien. It is the era of space warfare as it has never been known before, with ships of truly astounding scale being built and crewed by millions of volunteers to defend against all foes, both real and imagined. It is this era into which you are to be born, citizen. The era of TICONDEROGA STAR.

Welcome to Ticonderoga Star Quest, an adventure set in a persistent and constantly-expanding universe in the far future. Players will be helping contribute to a nascent universe by guiding a specific character through the many perils that exist in the vastness of space.

Let's begin with what you are, before the who. You are...

>A Human. The most prolific and advanced of the races in civilized space, Humanity was the first to leave its own solar system and uplift the aliens it found during its journeys.
>A Chimerae. The Chimerae are the result of human-alien gene splicing by a rogue corporation. Legally found to be sentient and deserving of rights, the Chimerae now rule their own world and run the very corporation that created and tormented them. Chimerae are always female due to the nature of their creation.
>A Consortia. The Machine Consortium holds all heavily-cyberized humans, posthumans, androids, sentient AI, and thinking machines as its members. Having earned their right to legal autonomy through civil rights movements and not a few armed uprisings, the Consortia are still loyal to humanity, but there are seeds of unrest.
>Ch'tauk. A race of massive avians, the Ch'tauk were the first alien race uplifted by humans. Highly intelligent and some of the best navigators around, the Ch'tauk are a noble people held in high regard by humanity as a successful example of uplifting.
>>
>>77419
Lets go with the Human.
>>
>>77419
Human
>>
>>77419
Also how far into the future are we talking about
>>
>>77532
Assume at least a thousand years. The Singularity has come and gone and we're still kicking. The tech at play will be introduced as we go along.
>>
>>77419
Chimera
>>
>>77419
>A Chimerae
>>
>>77419
>A Chimerae. The Chimerae are the result of human-alien gene splicing by a rogue corporation. Legally found to be sentient and deserving of rights, the Chimerae now rule their own world and run the very corporation that created and tormented them. Chimerae are always female due to the nature of their creation.
>>
>>77419
>A Human.
>>
>>77419
Lets go for a Chimera
>>
>>77419
>A Human. The most prolific and advanced of the races in civilized space, Humanity was the first to leave its own solar system and uplift the aliens it found during its journeys.
>>
>>77419
>A Chimerae. The Chimerae are the result of human-alien gene splicing by a rogue corporation.
>>
As of >>77694, voting has been closed.
Results:
>Human: 3
>Chimerae: 4
>Chimerae wins!

You are a Chimera. You have a decent personal fortune thanks to your race's profit-sharing corporate constitution, and you may choose one of the following alien genotypes as your spliced template:

>Oolu. The Oolu are a race of moth-analogues that exhibit psychic abilities and are extremely friendly. They also happen to have a highly toxic biology to humans. Choosing Oolu allows you access to the psychic powers path and the Biomodification upgrade path. WARNING: Choosing Oolu will make social interactions potentially more challenging, as most humans fear Oolu due to the mass casualties they inflicted during first contact.
>Ch'tauk. Noble avians, the Ch'tauk genetic template grants you access to Biomodification and Aerospace upgrade paths. WARNING: Choosing Ch'tauk will prevent you from staying in deep space for long periods of time, as Ch'tauk physiology demands periods of extended flight to remain healthy.
>Xygurh: The Xygurh are a race of armored reptiles. Adept and natural linguists, the Xygurh make it their business to know all languages, both audible and digital. Choosing Xygurh grants you access to Biomodification and Communications upgrade paths.
>>
>>77887
Can we be the animalgirl?
>>
>>77936
No matter what you choose, you're gonna be the animalgirl. They're all monstergirls. This is the best possible future for mankind.
>>
>>77966
But I want more options
Like cat, fox, etc
>>
>>77966
Only if they are all flat desu
>>
>>77979
Mad corporate scientists don't make catgirls. Mad corporate scientists make monstergirl-aliens, because it's cooler, somehow. Maybe you can ask one about it when you visit them in a maximum security prison space station where they're serving a life sentence for creating your mothers and grandmothers just to torture and weaponize them.
>>
>>78031
What if we did genetic research to become a monstergirl that's not Moth, Reptile or Avian
>>
>>78056
That's certainly an option once you get going into the story, but it'd be a good bit down the line unless you guys get your character killed really fast, which would be kind of stupid.
As it is now, please just choose from the provided templates. You'll encounter more Chimerae that aren't those four main types anyway.
>>
>>78101
>four main types
>forgetting what you're doing literally as you do it
>ISHYGDDT
>>
>>78101
>implying we won't do it at the beginning anyways for the sake of potentially being another animalgirl
>>
>>77887
>Oolu.
fluff
>>
>>77887
Xygurh.
>>
>>78122
>he forgot
Might as well let us pick :^)
>>
>>78165
The choices I've listed have more background to them than what's been posted so far. I think you'll find them adequately interesting. Stay on my goddamn rail lines until I turn off the fasten seatbelts sign.
>>
>>78404
let us pick
>>
>>77887
>>Oolu. The Oolu are a race of moth-analogues that exhibit psychic abilities and are extremely friendly. They also happen to have a highly toxic biology to humans. Choosing Oolu allows you access to the psychic powers path and the Biomodification upgrade path. WARNING: Choosing Oolu will make social interactions potentially more challenging, as most humans fear Oolu due to the mass casualties they inflicted during first contact.
>>
>>77887
Xygurh
>>
>>77887
>Xygurh
>>
>>77887
>Oolu
>>
Since we have a tie, I'll roll for it.
Evens are Oolu, Odds are Xygurh.
>>
roll+1d20
>>
>>78914
>>78947
Just let us pick OP
>>
>>78961
You know what, that saves me stress and time.
Argue amongst yourselves then.
>>
>>78992
Wait are we doing what dj8 was asking?
If so, bipedal scorpion.
>>
>>79014
The way I understood there are 6 actual votes.
3 for Oolu template, 3 for Xygurh.
Since it's a tie, I figured that I would roll for tiebreaker but I guess you lot can sort it out and then recast your votes.
>>
>>79088
So recast our votes between Oolu and Xygurh? Wouldn't it be the same as before because those two were the only ones voted?
>>
>>79114
I mean, that's what I thought.
Listen, for the most part I've already established a framework for this setting and I'd like to add what this quest accomplishes to the actual canon. That is why I gave the options I did, and to deviate too radically would simply be more onerous for me to write. Once we leave chargen, you guys can do what you like, within reason. But I'm GM here, and I've got the final say when it all comes down to it.
So no, you don't get animal girls out of the starting gate.
>>
>>79186
Aight, was just wondering.
>>
>>79186
I think it's obvious by now, and the lack of discussion, that the people saying "let us choose" really meant "let us be lolsorandumb".

I mean, I want to go Xygurh because being a linguist computer scientist talking about the ethics of memetic warfare with an infomorph from the Consortia interests me, and because it doesn't have the drawbacks of the other two choices.
>>
>>79186
Also Xygurh like before
>>
Given the lateness of the hour in my timezone, I'm putting this on hiatus until tomorrow. Hopefully we'll get some more progress.
>>
>>79494
At least the ID's let you point out anons who asked to be able to choose their own genotypes but were too chickenshit to actually argue for their choices when you put them on the spot.
>>
Should've chosen Consortia.
>>
>>80054
Seriously, we could have been a literal meme-machine.
>>
>>80519

Hope it doesn't become another weaboo/catgirl/magical realm quest.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.