[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern Necromancy Quest: Redux 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 16

File: NecromancyQuest.png (260KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
NecromancyQuest.png
260KB, 1500x1000px
Continuing from >>747132

You look down and her, and shrug. You might as well give her a hand. It’s not like it’ll actually take much effort, and it’s always good to be able to call in a favor or two in case something unforeseen happens.

“Sure, I guess. Just be back not too long after midnight, okay? And be quiet getting in. I don’t want to end up in the dog house just because you tipped over a flower vase.” Olivia squeals, a high-pitched piercing noise, and throws her arms around you.

“Oh, thank you so much Lizzie! I’ll repay you, I promise!” Practically skipping now, she heads back to her room, no doubt letting all her friends know that their plans for tonight will come through after all. Oh to be young and obnoxious again.

You return to your own room and lock the door behind you, pulling the grimoire out again and re-reading the section regarding the Lesser Physical Form ritual. No more than three out of every ten bones missing, and a good amount of meat for the offering. That’s gonna be a bit of a pain for sure.

You stare up at the ceiling, trying to think of where you could find more remains. Searching the neighborhood would be a crapshoot, no chance to know if there’ll be roadkill or not. And you can’t exactly make a habit of digging up neighbor’s pets, as cool as it would be to have your very own Frankenweenie.

The aconite might be a problem as well. A bit of googling on your phone reveals it’s native to Turkey and South-Eastern Europe, and more than a little toxic. Not exactly biking distance from Olim, Maine. How are you supposed to find a poisonous plant endemic to Greece on such short notice? You might be able to check out that nursery place your Dad mentioned earlier...

>talk to your dad, then go to the nursery
>other suggestions for finding necessary reagents for the physical form
>put off the ritual for a while, focus on shades for now
>>
-----
Hello, and welcome to Modern Necromancy Quest Redux, where we bring back your favourite modern-fantasy quest for good this time! Probably!
You are Liz Shepherd, recent high school graduate enjoying your last summer home before heading off to college with your recently acquired necromantic Grimoire of Barnaby Sikes! So far, you have
>Summoned the shade of your neighbor's dead cat
>examined a mundane library explosion with magical motives
>been dragged to the Seelie Fae Court and had an appointment made with the much less nice Unseelie Fae Court
>had a nice lunch with your mother
>investigated the ritual required to raise a Lesser Physical Form
And much more! So jump right in!
>>
>>766214
Let's look for something like a garter snake and be prepare to secure the kill, otherwise, for the physical bones, we are really lacking. But there may be a Pet cemetary as creepy as that sounds.
>>
Writing.
Penultimate post, anons. One more and I'm off to bed.
>>
And that's it for the evening lads. Sleep well and enjoy the story, such as it is. Won't be running tomorrow, probably will be on Monday night.
You suppose you could find some sort of small snake, or other animal, and kill it yourself. It doesn’t exactly sound appealing, but you guess it’s no worse than killing a cow or pig for food. You wonder if the spirit would remember, if it’d be mad at you for having killed it when it was alive. Cat might know, as you’re pretty sure there’s nothing about it in the grimoire.

Speaking of Cat...could you find more pet graves? Probably not, since you haven’t exactly buried a lot of animals in your lifetime. Then again, what if you found some sort of pet cemetary? It’s kind of an unsavoury idea, but you get the feeling that “unsavoury” is the tagline for all this necromancy stuff. You seem to remember reading some horror novel about undead pets. Can’t remember the name for the life of you though.

It’s still not too late, only about 3 in the afternoon or so. You could probably do some work before dinner, which you don’t want to be late to. For whatever reason, your Dad has a thing about people being late to dinner, especially on the weekends. Drives him straight up the wall.

You remember wanting to secure the treehouse, and think about finding a better place to do all your evil deeds. An abandoned house or something might be nice. You remember hearing about a haunted house a few streets down that nobody wants to go near, let alone buy. Could be worth checking out later, but for now the treehouse works well enough.

What do you want to do with the rest of the day before dinner?
>secure treehouse
>look around for remains (specify where, will require a roll for luck/perception)
>other
>>
>>766434
Let's secure the tree house, after dinner we can google ways of gathering snakes, or looking for signs of them with Cat's help, along with asking that important question.
>>
>>766434
>>secure treehouse
>>
>>766434
Secure the place. Resummon cat so he can act as a sentry
>>
>>766434
>Resummon / make offering to Cat. We gotta get our first minion back in good order!

I'm not sure how we'd go about securing the treehouse. Just clean it up? Make it harder to climb up into it?
>>
>>769989
We could take off some planks from the floor and hide our shit there.

We should be looking into making a new safe heaven for our rituals.
Maybe making some lesser servant that can dig a bigger hole in the "basement" while we are away?
A few days of digging and we should have enough room to be comfortable down there.
>>
>>766434
Resummon cat, secure treehouse. First ask the cat about more dead pets then send it to watch our sister in case she gets in trouble
>>
File: treehome.png (132KB, 1006x1003px) Image search: [Google]
treehome.png
132KB, 1006x1003px
Treehouse: Secured
>>
>>771249
The sign's written in blood, right?
>>
>>771343
Period blood.

Didn't have a "bloodsplatter" font at hand.
>>
>>766245
Did the cat have a name when it was alive? We should be good to kitty, since by all accounts he was a damn good kitty and so far has served us well. We should give him an offering of tuna and libations :p

Oh, would cans of catfood work as offerings, they are made of ground meat and I know it probably wont have much effect, but the thematicness makes me smile.
>>
>>771249
>>771364
>>771343
>>775766
We need to keep using the tree house, even when we become a horribly powerful necromancer.

The idea of some dark lady of necromancy operating entirely out of a child's treehouse complete with rope ladder and tiny curtains amuses me in ways I cannot describe.

Also, I wasn't originally onboard with the sign, but it has definitely grown on me in the process of writing this post. Maybe a fresh coat of paint, don't know if we can do warding with Necromancy, might be best to use Cat as a sentry, definitely gotta get some tuna and wine in him soon to beef him back up.

Also if we are going for a snake for our less physical servant, I want to point out we are choosing a physical servant with no limbs. For an entity whose usefullness is bound to the fact that it is capable of interacting with the material world, we are choosing a creature whose ability to interact with said material world is limited to curling around things and booping them with its snoot.

Although I guess having a tiny skeletal noodle running around wouldn't be too bad.
>>
>>775780
Come on, it's cute, a tiny skeletal noodle is best for stealth.
>>
>>775800
Smash the circlearchy!
>>
>>775804
Get the completely, I swear accidental, pun?
>>
>>775804
>>775809
No, no that post was meant to go into Lamplighter Quest, not this one. I was wondering why it was taking so damn long to show up in there....

Well damn
>>
>>775846
So you didn't get the pun?
>>
>>775859
What pun?
>>
>>775867
Stealth, snakes, it's obvious.
>>
>>775883
But snake familliars give you +2 to bluff, not stealth

I kid
>>
>>775888
>>775883
Wait can we combine several sneks?

Also can't we go to a pet shop, we could buy a bunch of things. Then again murdering all of our own familiars doesn't seem right.

I would still like to try to find a fresh roadkill, killing it to ressurect it doesn't sit as well with me.
>>
Holy shit, is this quest actually running?

I'm so sorry for dropping the ball last time, guys. I've honestly felt like shit about it for three months straight.
>>
>>776095
I was thingking about this too, can we make chimera constructs?

Something like a Rat King shade to freak people out.
How would you feel if you duffenly see a floating ball of ghostly rats moving in your general direction?
Thoroughly spooked, that's how

Let's go to a rotiserie, ask for a whole roasted chicken with fried potatoes, we treat our family to chicken dinner AND we get the remains we need.

Also, another thing we haven discussed yet.
We are 18 years old. Where do we work? What do we study?

I'd like to propose we are doing an intership in a small local museum while we study marine biology at community college (If there aren't any private ones around, having to pay our student loans with necromancy would be neat)
But maybe that is too metagame-y
>>
>>776172
Tell us your tale, skeletical friend.
Most of us may be newcomers
>>
>>776191
Skelly ran this quest once before, albeit with less definition last time. Her life got in the way though, and she had to hand it off to someone else that picked the name "Skelemore". I don't know if this is okay or not to say about another QM, but I'm gonna speak my mind on the matter because fuck it: Skelemore did a horrible job running the quest and drove an important character into the ground almost immediately into his first thread, and then that thread ended with his announcement that his life got in the way of the quest and he had to hand it off to yet someone else. I figured I could do a better job, so I raised my hand and ran the story for one thread. I failed to make another thread because I was too self-conscious and scared of screwing everything up, and I still feel like I made shitty mistakes in just having a stale writing style and making the characters mill around in one location for long amounts of time.

Ever since I failed to run a second thread, I kind of abandoned /qst/ and tried several times to find someone to hand the quest to so I could say that I wasn't the death of it.
>>
>>776231
Sounds interesting.
Between this iteration and the last, which on we've been doing better
>>
>>776509
If you'd like a whole lot of reading, I've got all the archives for the first run of the quest linked here: http://pastebin.com/JatYsmv9
>>
>>776671
Wait... so who is running it now?
>>
>>776687
If he writing style and name are to be believed, your current QM is the same QM that started the quest last time.
>>
I forgot to put the link to the MNQ Discord into the archive. There's a little more content on there, and you guys are welcome to use it for the current MNQ as well.

https://discord.gg/td9Pxzq
>>
>>776698
Wait so the original qm?
>>
>>776671
Will do, thank you, skeleton of old
>>
>>776781
Yes, I'm prety sure that the current Skelly is the same Skelly that started the quest last time.

I can't give you a definitive answer though. You'd do better to ask them personally next time they're here.
>>
>>776805
Will you play next session? Skelly was quite happy to see someone from the previous run last time it happened
>>
>>776847
Now that I know that this is running again, I'll do what I can to be here for it.
>>
Ayy Skelebro! It's great to see you again! No need to feel bad, btw. Running a quest is a lot of work if you want to do it right, and sometimes it's better to put it away for a while than try to keep it going when you can't do it right.
Just popping in to let you guys know I'll be running a sesh tomorrow night around 5ish EST probably for 4-5 hours depending. I can get more specific tomorrow, but I didn't want anybody getting nervous in the meantime.
>>
>>776955
Ty for the headsup sell c:
>>
>>776955
Thank you very much, I really do appreciate the sentiments.

I'll be here for the game tomorrow, and I'll try to be here from now on. I'm also happy to lend a hand as co-QM, as long as I'm not taking lead.
>>
>spoopy skeleton quest
>not running on halloween
I'm sure you have your reasons, but I can't say I'm not sad.
>>
>>777430
They must be partying
>>
>>777627
>partying on halloween
I'll have you know this is the busiest day of the year for me. So many spooks to deliver, and so little time!
>>
>>777743
When you enjoy your work, every day is a party
I wouldn't know, tho'
>>
>>777430
That id is so close to /bimbo/
It aggravates me.
>>
>>777903
Shut up and shake that booty sweetheart
>>
File: 1470632538968.gif (2MB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1470632538968.gif
2MB, 512x512px
>>777627
>>777743
As a fellow skeleton, can confirm.
>>
>>776187
Rotiserrie chicken... is fucking genius.
>>
>>778122
I am also tempted to see if the exoskeleton of a lobster will do. If only because having a floating apathetic lobster floating besides us would be amazing
>>
Running in three hours, at 6pm EST probably for four or so hours.
>>
>>776231
I couldn't find the quest anymore after skelly left and skelemore took over, hmmm perhaps that was for the better.
>>
>>778782
Sorta, Skelemore writing was... Iffy, but Skelebro did fine
>>
Writing now!
>>
>>779072
Any chance that we could introduce Micheal Remic back into the fray as either an NPC or a second MC that we cut to from time to time?
>>
>>779090
Second MC, I think he still has more potential.
>>
>>779096
I really do want this, but I also recognize a big problem in that Liz is in Maine, and Micheal is in Connecticut. As it currently stands, the story of Liz provides no reason for us to cut to Connecticut at the moment, unless the Far Court just so happens to be situated in podunk-ass Goffston.
>>
Right! You can’t just leave your secret necromantic hideaway of evil (read: children’s treehouse in need of some minor repairs) unsecured! What if somebody decided they wanted to reminisce on their old days and walked in a ritual like something out of a Slipknot music video? That’ll be priority for now.

That said, it probably wouldn’t hurt to bring back Cat either. You try to remember...did he have a name when he was alive? You’re really not sure. You were pretty young at the time; all your teddy bears were Bear-y or Teddy, your mom and dad were just Mom and Dad, and the world was a simpler place. You’ll have to ask him when you re-summon him. You almost reach for the bag you prepared earlier...but pause. Something nicer.

You peek into the kitchen, and finding it empty, make for the pantry. One pilfered and carefully pocketed can of white tuna in oil later, you’re digging through the garage for something to lock the treehouse. It won’t exactly be easy considering the vertical nature of the entryway...aha! Your eyes light on your old bike, and grab the lock off. It’s a key lock, a thin piece of chain wrapped in a translucent plastic skin to make it harder to cut. It’ll be simple enough to connect the trapdoor and one of the nearby branches, or a gap in the floor slats of the house.

You tuck it into your bag along with the tuna, Cat’s skull, and some libation. Everything else you need should be in the treehouse, so you get on your way, backpack hanging off one shoulder.

Struggling through the undergrowth, you make a mental note to come back with a machete and clear all this out next time you get the chance. “Inaccessible” is all well and good, but it’s a real pain in the ass trying to get through this every time you want to pursue knowledge of evil magics.

You get up to the treehouse easy enough, and test out the lock. It works perfectly, knotholes in the trapdoor and one of the floor slats allowing you to thread it through and lock the two together. Having checked your idea, you head inside, stretching your wrists. A more comfortable way to get up here wouldn’t be a bad idea either…

You set the skull down and fish out the can of tuna, popping the top and placing it next to the bone, when you hear somebody calling your name. It’s Olivia again, looking more irate than usual. And she seems to be coming towards the treehouse…

>hide, she probably didn’t see you and won’t try to climb up the rickety rungs just to check
>pop your head out the window and see what she wants
>other
>>
>>779090
I don't know, much of his character and background was cannibalized by Lizzie's.
And they seem to exist in very different universes, judging from the changes, but i can't tell for sure.
Maybe they'll bond over their suspiciously similar families?
>>
>>779141
"Wat'chu want?"
>>
>>779141
>>pop your head out the window and see what she wants

Goddamn girl we're trying to do black magic
>>
>>779158
>>779153
Writing
>>
>>779139
Look, don't worry about the locations, as long as we can build it right we can eventually have them meet.
>>779141
Hide.
>>
File: 3967417.jpg (27KB, 430x334px)
3967417.jpg
27KB, 430x334px
>>779141
>hide, she probably didn’t see you and won’t try to climb up the rickety rungs just to check
Also at some point, we should tie some sturdy steps into the rope.

>>779153
>

>>779184
Very true.
>>
>>779208
And gooooood riddance!
>>
>>779208
What if there are more secret magical societies, we've found two in Maine, and not every magical Wizard/Sorceror societies will be easily found, or at Cold War.
>>
Dammit, you’re trying to do black magic here! Why can’t you get some peace and quiet? You could probably hide, but knowing Olivia she’d wait you out on spite alone, and you’d feel like a loser hiding from your kid sister, even if she is annoying as all hell.

“What d’you want?” you shout, sticking your head out the window. Olivia cranes her neck back to look up at you, shielding her eyes with a hand. To your surprise, her cheeks are wet with tears.

“I wanted to tell you I’m not going to the stupid party! Tom’s a jerk and I hate him, so you don’t have to cover for me any more, okay?!” You sigh. It was inevitable. By the grace of one god or another you managed to get through grade school intact and without too much drama, but you’re not so sure your sister will be the same.

“Look, I’m sure it’s fine, Tom sounds like a real moron and he’s missing out!” You yell back, making sure you check all the boxes for a classic Liz Shepherd pep talk. Reassurance, insult enemies, stroke her ego...yup, it’s all there.

Still, Olivia doesn’t seem to have received the full effect of the talk, and it looks like she’s about to head back inside to sulk for a bit. She gets like that sometimes, acting sullen for days. You feel bad for her, having to deal with the idiots at school, but it does get old watching her fall for the same jerks over and over.

>shout something else nice to her
>climb down and follow her. Happy sister is a non-bothersome sister.
>ignore her and get back to business
>other
>>
>>779244
>climb down and follow her. Happy sister is a non-bothersome sister.
Los hermanos sean unidos, porque esa es la ley primera
>>
>>779244
>invite the bothersome sister into the treehouse to watch an unholy ritual involving the desecration of the dead
Wait no bad idea. Let's just shout something nice at her to let her know she has our support.
>>
>>779244
>>climb down and follow her. Happy sister is a non-bothersome sister.
This has happened before? fuck that, fix that idiot right and proper.
>>779253
The fuck is that from?
>>
>>779244
Let's just ignore her, we've known her for too long to know when to give up when we're ahead. And get back to businesess
>>
>>779257
Martin Fierro

>>779256
Don't you want to have a repeat from the previous run where half the thread wanted to make imouto into a necromancer, and bang her? And the other side wanted to keep her unaware... And bang her?
>>
>>779272
Neither party in this situation is male
Nah, I'm good.
>>
>>779257
>>779253
Climbing down wins.
Roll for perception. 1d20, first of three wins.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>779289
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>779289
We are going to fall off the ladder, aren't we?
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>779289
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>779289

>>779272
That sounds awesome but fuck, too bad we aren't a guy.
>>
>>779293
>>779294
>>779298
Apperantly so. RIP
>>
>>779293
>>779294
>>779298
Fuck
>>
>>779294
>>779302
Perception doesn't significantly influence ladder-climbing, unless you're in the dark I suppose.
Writing.
>>
>>779313
inb4 we miss a rung and wind up on our back on the ground feeling stupid.
>>
>>779313
*wipes brow*I thought we were boned.
>>
>>779318
That just might cheer up sister dearest
>>
You take a deep breath, and let it out slowly. You love Olivia, but sometimes you gotta go for the tough love. You head for the trap door, opening it up and scarpering down the rungs. You catch up with her just before she goes through the sliding door separating the back deck from the kitchen.

You grab her hand and pull her into a hug for a second. She wraps her arms around you and continues to cry, tears dripping into your hair. Okay, that’s the love part. Now for the tough. You lean back, your hands on her shoulders, and wait for her to look up. Once she does, you speak.

“Look, Olivia. I know you’re sad Tom did whatever he did. I know it sucks, and I don’t even have to know what he did. But you can’t keep putting your whole self-worth on whether or not these sort of guys like you! Half of them haven’t even figured out personal hygiene yet, let alone relationships. Olivia looks like she’s been punched, but you can’t stop now.

“You’re a great person, okay? You’re smarter than you give yourself credit for, and you’re my family and I love you...but you’re an idiot if you think throwing yourself at these guys again and again is a good idea. Maybe take a break on dating for now, yeah? Or at least don’t get so seri-” You don’t get a chance to finish as Olivia tears away from you, turning on her heel and slamming the sliding door behind her. Damn. You’re sure she’ll realize it eventually, but...what’s that saying about ideas ahead of their time?

You shrug and head back to the treehouse, clambering back up without incident. You set up again, and slowly pour libation over the can of tuna, leaning down to light it. To your surprise the mixture of wet tuna, wine, and blood goes up like gasoline. Offering, libation...and now just the incantation.

>Write-in to summon Cat’s spirit from the sunless lands
>other
>>
>>779374
same one as before
>>
>>779374
>Rise, late feline. For you are sure to get the early bird
>>
>>779374
Cat of the urban wild, I offer you gifts of the living world. Come to me now, and see again this realm you once called home!
>>
>>779383
im changing to this one
>>
I like to believe that, in these sunless lands, there is a nightclub of sorts where shades and other summoned being gather and tell eachother the ridiculous words that were used to summon them. As if it were a stand up club.
>>
>>779405
That's actually pretty much literally what they already do though
>>
>>779382
Don't be lazy. Coming up with these is half the fun!
>>779383
>>779391
>>779397
Writing.
>>
>>779405
Some bee shade gets on stage
"What's the deal with summoning rituals?"
>>
>>779433
>Now, get this. Get-
>Shut up! Let me finish god damn it
>She summons me, right
>And then she, she-
>She takes a piece of string!
>And goes, and she goes
>"Here, kitty. Here kitty, kitty"

"Hey! That's not very nice. You should be grateful we even get to see the living world again!"
>Oh, yeah? Well Buck-boy, shoot. How were you summoned
[Mumble mumble]
>What? Can't hear youuuuu
"..."
"Oh great and mighty Buck.
Thou hits like a truck.
But was struck by a truck.
Come to me and smite the truck! "
>>
>>779452
................I think I remember writing that..........
>>
>>779452
>>
>>779452
That goddamned line.

>>779427
You clear your throat, wanting to be sure you speak clearly. Your words are traveling across an aetheric plane, whatever that means, so best to be understandable.

“Rise, late feline! O cat of the urban wild, I offer you the gifts of the living world! Come to me now, and see again this realm you once called home, for you will surely get the early bird.” You smirk a little to yourself, enjoying the pun’s contrast with the more serious part.

Regardless of the tone of your evocation, Cat seems to be well on his way back to the material world. Small motes of blue light spiral in towards the skull in the center, building up on the surface, pulsating with a glowing rhythm, growing and changing in shape. Just as last night, they build up until they cover the skull, then detach, forming the familiar shape of your very favourite undead cat ghost.

He waits patiently, licking a paw and running it over his ectoplasmic fur in a habit that even death wasn’t able to break. You hesitate. Why exactly did you summon him again? To thank him at least, right?

“You did quite well today at the library!” You blurt, remembering dash into Argus’ wards. The cat-spirit pauses in its grooming, then continues.

“Should a pendulum be congratulated for its swinging?” it asks. “A shade protects its summoner, regardless...though the tuna was appreciated. Now, why have you raised me so soon? What would you ask of me?”

>Just wanted to make sure you were okay
>I need you to do something...(specify what)
>other
>>
>>779456
And it was awesome
>>
>>779466
I just wanted to do a quick check up.
>>779468
......Thx anon......Let's see how many more bad ryhmes I can do.
>>
>>779466
>Just wanted to make sure you were okay
We should probably ask what he knows about the courts of Titanium and Overpass while he's here, though. It might be fun to know just what kinda hot water we've dunked our ass into.

>>779476
Yes. I honestly find your summoning rhymes entertainingly silly.
>>
>>779466
"There is nothing wrong with appreciating a remarkable pendulum" [Try to scratch him behind his ear... If we even can] "I wanted to know if you were alright after being dispelled like that but... Did i call you at a bad time?"
[after his answer]
"I need you to act as a sentry, i no longer feel so safe about this place's privacy... Also we were drafted into the war between the Courts... How fucked am i?"
>>
>>779466
Have it be a guard and alarm for the treehouse and ask him about the summer and winter court, especially winter.
>>
>>779476
>Let's see how many more bad ryhmes I can do.
Hey, as long as you don't rhyme the same word three times in a row with itself. Go for it.
:^)
>>
>>779483
This.
>>
>>779483
>>779480
>>779476
Writing.
>>
>>779497
“I just wanted to make sure you were okay. And there’s nothing wrong with appreciating a remarkable pendulum.” You reach forward and try to scratch behind Cat’s ear, in in the spot positively guaranteed to earn a purr or two from a living cat. Unfortunately your attempt is doomed to failure, and your hand passed through the spot with a slight chill. He doesn’t react. “Look, I just wanted to know if you were alright after being dispelled like that, but...did I call you at a bad time?”

It’s hard to tell on an animal, and a dead animal at that, but Cat seems almost amused.

“I tend not to be busy in my current stage of existence, my lady. As charming as your concern is, it’s not warranted. Though unpleasant, such sudden dismissals cannot harm me.” Hmm. That’s interesting. You hadn’t thought of it before, but you wonder if there is anything that can harm a shade. Maybe something made for fighting ghosts? Another shade, maybe? At the moment though, you’ve got more pressing worries.

“Look, that isn’t the only reason I called you here. I need you to act as a sentry. I’m no longer certain of this place’s privacy. Let me know if anybody so much as touches the rungs, okay?” The shade nods, watching you attentively. “Now...there was something else as well. I may or may not have been dragged into the war between the Courts. How bad is that?” Cat yawns and stretches, still a good 2-3 feet off the ground. He shakes his head, and settles back down.

“Don’t fear, my lady. Though they call it a war, the dispute between the fae is nothing but play-acting of late. Few have been harmed by it in recent memory, and fewer killed.” You breathe a sigh of relief, but Cat’s eyes flick back up to you, absolutely alert despite his relaxed pose.

“The far more dangerous contests occur inside the Courts themselves. Those vying for power will do much to obtain it, and for the human servants of the Courts that may often mean death or dishonor. The Seelie are more circumspect of course, but a knife is a knife no matter how politely it is used. I understand things are more openly pursued in the Unseelie, but I know little of them.”

Your jaw drops. Sure, you’d gotten some weird vibes from the lookers-on at the court, but nothing homicidal! You shake off the thought. Cat had no reason, and likely no ability, to lie to you. The Court was a strange place, after all…

“What do you know about Titania and Oberon? They’re the leaders of the Courts, right? And married?” Cat nods.

(1/2)
>>
>>779537
“I know precious little more than that, my lady. They are tempestuous and mercurial, as are all the fae. They have been in power for many long years, and doing their ridiculous fighting for a part of it. Some say they would share a bed after battles in the early years, not far from the fields where humans died and fae fell. They are not to be depended upon, but if they give their word they will stick to it, if only the letter.”

Sounds like they’re just about as much of a handful as you’d thought…
What now?

>ask Cat more questions
>do something else to spruce up the treehouse
>go back inside the house
>other
(2/2)
>>
>>779540
"What is like, there. The other side. Where do you prefer to exist?"

There Skelebro, now you can't say we don't care about cat's wel beign

>spruce up
I thought this was an oak
>>
>>779540
>>do something else to spruce up the treehouse
>>
>>779540
Ask, do you think spirits will resentment to their killer if they get raised?
>>
>>779561
Specifying what would be appreciated.
>>
>>779566
Idk. What skills do we have?
>>
>>779537
>>779540
Tell him that we've requested audience with Overtone, and ask him if he can give us any important guidelines to follow while we're in his domain. Also, ask if Cat had a more appropriate name in life.

>>779551
This, too.
>>
>>779551
>>779564
>>779580
Writing.
>>
>>779580
>Overtone
I wonder if, when he was in the summer court, Oberon was called Coppertone
>>
>>779589

You have a few more things to ask Cat. It’s hard to believe that you only summoned him yesterday—already you feel like you’ve known him for longer, even when you don’t know much about him.

“I have an audience with Oberon. It was either that or get drafted into the Seelie on the spot, so I went with the chance to decide between them, see what the deal was. Anything I should know? Does he have a reputation for cutting off the heads of everyone who doesn’t waggle their tongue and cross their eyes while in his domain or something?”

“Nothing like that, my lady. You seem to have done well enough in the Seelie court, so you clearly have a knack for dealing with the fae. And beneath the veneer, the Seelie and Unseelie are more or less the same. One may claim light and the other dark, but their deeds are the same save for the names they give them and the company they keep.”

“Okay...I got more of a sense of distinction from a guy who worked for the Seelie, but I suppose he had a bias there. I did want to ask something else. What’s it like, on the other side? Is it better there,for you?” Cat looks up, and maintains eye contact as he speaks, black dots in pale-blue eyes drilling into you.

“I cannot speak of that place. It is my home now, and the will of the world that I remain there for a time. That is all I will say.” he relaxes somewhat. “It takes energy to remain here, but it is worthwhile, for the most part. It is an interesting place.”

Jeeze, talk about intense. ‘The will of the world’…? What does that even mean? As many questions as it raises, you know better than to go asking questions right after he warned you off the subject. You remember something you’ve been wondering about, and it seems as good a question as any.

“Did you have a name, while you were alive? I can’t remember.”

“Many, though they’re gone now. One name is as good as another, to me.” Guess he’ll stay Cat for now. Another scenario wandering through your mind comes up.

“If I raised an animal I had killed, would it resent me?”

“Not likely.” The cat-spirit’s voice is measured, almost bored. “The nature of a shade is detachment from its life. I am unusual in that I remember anything from my life, and I doubt I would have retained those if you had not been the one to summon me, connected as we were in life. Even if it did feel anger, it would be moot. You may enjoy being kind, but when the day ends, those you summon are yours to command. What good would anger be against your God, should you meet him?”

>spruce up the treehouse (what to do?)
>send Cat on a mission
>go inside
>other
>>
>>779729
Leave cat to his sentry-ing. We go inside the house to see if our sister has calmed.

>What good would anger be against your God, should you meet him?”
Well, i always wanted a bigger bust
>>
>>779729
Ask Cat about Argus, how he dispelled a shade, how he did portal-y shit, and what don't we know here? Also explain to him that our "teacher" is just this book that we're reading from and that it's taught us the only things that we know so far.
>>
>>779729
>start planning Olivia's demise for the furtherment of necromancy kind.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>779755
>>779809
>>779827
Rolling to decide
1 means we head inside
2 means we keep asking questions
3 means we murder our kid sister and reanimate her body
>>
Okay, roll for perception. Same as before, 1d20, best of three.
>>
File: 1334329164853.jpg (18KB, 366x380px) Image search: [Google]
1334329164853.jpg
18KB, 366x380px
>>779835
>3 means we murder our kid sister and reanimate her body
Oh my fucking god I'm so glad the dice were nice to us just now god damn
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>779835
>s-sis?
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>779835
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>779840
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>779840
Time to notice that she has become a spooky skeleton without us realizing it
>>
>>779827
Dude, we are amoral, not evil
A-MO-RAL
Or whatever form your weird tongue separates syllabes
>>
>>779862
Successful check! Writing.
>>
>>779871
Yes, we're also a necromancer. You know raise the dead and all that jazz, wouldn't it be awkward to kill someone you didn't know and raise them as a spirit?
>>
>>779881
Why bother killing when there are THOUSANDS of people who die every day. Many of them with perfectly serviceable bodies.
Going around doing necrostuff is dangerous enough. Why do you want to add murder to the list?
>>
>>779894
For necromancer science?
>>
>>779898
As long as we follow the scientific method, we are doing science, anon

I know, i know, ethics and morals. Those can slide in a pinch... Or a punch.
>>
Bitch or not, the only way i'd be cool with necroing sister is if we turned her into a lich.
>>
Because almost all of the thousands of people who die every day are extensively catalogued and their bodies are expected to be in certain places at certain times with certain parts intact (including, but not limited to, the entire fucking thing), and bodies resulting from accidental deaths that aren't already known are very hard to find. For the purposes of keeping a dead body secret, it would be better to make our own.
>>
>>779914
Lich-ing is very hard and definitely endgame
>>779872

“That’s some heavy shit, I have to say. I’ll leave you to your sentry duty and go check on my sister. She’s just had her heart broken, and her weeping keeps me up nights.” You wave goodbye to Cat and yank up the trap door, climbing down and securing it with the bike lock on your way down.

You hope Olivia is doing alright. She seemed pretty upset with you, but you’re hopeful that she’ll calm down some and see that you’re just trying to do the best for her. Even if she doesn’t agree with you, civility is a lot better than the cold shoulder or the silent treatment from Olivia.

A song you heard on the radio a few days ago is stuck in your head, and you can’t help but hum the first few bars of it as you crash through the thin patch of undergrowth and back onto your porch. Between the catchy tune, the dry leaves under your feet, and your general tired-ness, you almost don’t hear it.

The sound of leathery wings.
You freeze, one foot on the edge of your back porch. Whatever kind of creature could make that noise, you’re sure you don’t want anything to do with it. And yet, now that you’re listening for it, you can hear the steady beating of those wings. It’s very faint, but your ears pick it out from the sounds of songbirds and cicadas pervading the edge of the woods.

How do you react?
>do nothing. If it’s an animal, don’t spook it. Get inside quickly and then look
>look now. It might be gone by the time you get inside
>other
>>
>>779929
Unless we go around killing hobos, people tend to notice their friends and family going missing more than they do corpses

Also, i don't really want us giving the magic world more of a reason to kill us. We can stick to animals and the occasional dead human until we become more powerful
>>
>>779948
Do nothing. Stay calm. We might or night being watched. Head in, and be prepared.
>>
>>779948
Is cat within our field of view? If so call it over and tell it to look around

Otherwise, look on our own
>>
>>779948
Look now. If it's a wild animal that decides to attack us, it's obviously a bat that doesn't understand the odds of its survival against a human. If it's a magical creature, it probably doesn't have a reason to attack us.

>>779959
Killing a person and dragging their body around is one thing, but we just need the body to be secret long enough to pilfer a part off of it, and for the cause of death to be such that missing bodyparts aren't looked for. If someone were to die by way of a wild animal attack, who's gonna go scrounging for a bitten-off thumb?
>>
>>779998
>Create a raven lesser form
>Knit a raven body suit for the skeleton
>Have it go around, stealing chunks of people that have died accidental deaths

There, the perfect crime
What crime? No one said anything about a crime! This is all perfectly legal, don't be silly haha!
>>
>>780016
I would bet every penny I have that you're "some other anon"
>>779998
>>779974
Writing for looking now.
Gonna be the last post of the evening anons, time for me to cover my empty eye sockets and scream into a pillow for eight hours.
>>
File: 984.png (313KB, 640x360px)
984.png
313KB, 640x360px
>>780035
All good skeletons need to practice their AAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>780035
Was it my devilishly clever plan or my complete disregard for morality?

Also, guys. We should totally invest in one of these. We could find out what part of the blood is necessary for the rituals.

We could extract the useful part of the herbs and libation (me thinks, all that water in the wine is unimportant)

Heck, we could grind a whole bird skeleton, stuff it in a small bottle with the concetrated libation, the useful part of the blood, and throw skelebird granades or something.

Tradition and morality are things of the past, granpa. Time to science.
>>
File: centrifuga.jpg (29KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
centrifuga.jpg
29KB, 450x600px
>>780078
Shit
>>
>>780078
Both. I love it. [/spoiler.]
>>780035
See y'all tomorrow! Don't know if I'll be running, but we'll see.
Best to look now. If it’s a flying animal it’s unlikely to be at all dangerous, and if it’s supernatural it probably has no reason to harm you. That’s what you tell yourself at least as you prepare to turn around, to face whatever it was you heard.

So you spin on your heel and look up where you heard the sound. Staring back at you and looking awfully chagrined, is an imp.
Or at least, that’s the word that springs to mind, the only word that seems to accurately describe whatever the hell that thing really is. Red, leathery and...stringy, somehow. Like there’s no muscle, just sinew strung over bone.

It seems to be stuck between two opposing forces for a good few moments, flapping first one way then another, chewing on its long fingers, yanking on its tail. It’s practically a caricature of indecision. Finally it stays where it is a moment longer, then drops out of the air, landing a few yards away from you.

“I was told to watch you without being seen. Only, just now you’ve seen me. And I was about to just run off, but then I wouldn’t be watching you no more, and I’ve got to watch you, that’s what he said, above all else. So I’ve got to stay, and you’ve got to promise to be quiet about seeing me. That’ll make it alright, won’t it?” The thing’s voice sounds like something out of a poorly-adapted Oliver Twist film, all cockney vowels and nasally tones.

It doesn’t seem aggressive, but you still take a step back. If it changed its mind, those claws could do some damage…
How do you respond to its request?
>What the hell are you and why should I care?
>Who told you to watch me?
>Fuck off (attack, will require roll)
>>
>>780121
Great job Skelly. Great job. Good night now.

Best to look now. If it’s a flying animal it’s unlikely to be at all dangerous, and if it’s supernatural it probably has no reason to harm you. That’s what you tell yourself at least as you prepare to turn around, to face whatever it was you heard.

So you spin on your heel and look up where you heard the sound. Staring back at you and looking awfully chagrined, is an imp.
Or at least, that’s the word that springs to mind, the only word that seems to accurately describe whatever the hell that thing really is. Red, leathery and...stringy, somehow. Like there’s no muscle, just sinew strung over bone.

It seems to be stuck between two opposing forces for a good few moments, flapping first one way then another, chewing on its long fingers, yanking on its tail. It’s practically a caricature of indecision. Finally it stays where it is a moment longer, then drops out of the air, landing a few yards away from you.

“I was told to watch you without being seen. Only, just now you’ve seen me. And I was about to just run off, but then I wouldn’t be watching you no more, and I’ve got to watch you, that’s what he said, above all else. So I’ve got to stay, and you’ve got to promise to be quiet about seeing me. That’ll make it alright, won’t it?” The thing’s voice sounds like something out of a poorly-adapted Oliver Twist film, all cockney vowels and nasally tones.

It doesn’t seem aggressive, but you still take a step back. If it changed its mind, those claws could do some damage…
How do you respond to its request?
>Fuck off (attack, will require roll)
>>
>>780129
>>Who told you to watch me?
I'll keep my mouth shut about seeing you if you don't tell them things that I don't want you to.
>>
>>780129
"I won't tell a word if you tell me who sent you and why"
>>
>>780129
>>Who told you to watch me?
>>
>>780129
>What's in it for me for pretending not to have seen you? Information, maybe? Such as...
>How long have you been watching me, and how long are you supposed to keep watching?
>How do you report to your master?
>>
>>780129
> Silence is a maybe and depends in part on how readily and accurately you answer my questions.
and then
>>
File: Imp.png (115KB, 1002x611px) Image search: [Google]
Imp.png
115KB, 1002x611px
>Implying
>>
>>781513
>impflying
>>
>>781513
Boniest dick I've ever seen.
>>
>>782461
Heh, that is explicitly the reaction i was trying to avoid, but i didn't felt like drawing a long laashing tail with so many boney protusions

You don't want to know what a dick shrivelled to the baculum would look like
>>
>>783093
[Spoiler]Maybe YOU don't.
>>
>>783410
Living up to your ID, arent ya?
>>
Probably going to be running at 5:30 or 6 EST, 7 hours from now. See y'all then.
>>
>>784263
My dude, it's almost 7, where are y'at?
>>
>>785055
Deepest apologies. I was unavoidably detained. Just got home will boot up the computer and start writing at once.
>>
>>785081
Eh, don't sweat it (Heh) these things happen
>>
>>785081
It's all good man, was just wondering. See ya soon.
>>
>>780129
You look at the strangely pathetic-looking beast shrewdly.

“Okay. I won’t say a word-” The monster draws back the shriveled skin around its mouth in what you think is supposed to be a smile, and it starts to speak before you interrupt it and finish “-assuming you answer some of my questions and don’t go reporting to your masters before you explain exactly what you’ll be reporting.” It deflates briefly, scuffling its toes in the dirt for a minute and seeming to think it over before sighing, defeated.

“I don’t got a lot of choice ‘ere.” It answers, the cockney as strong and out-of-place as ever. “Whacha wanna know?”

“First of all, who told you to watch me? Why? Have you told them anything yet? And...what are you?” The thing gapes for a minute, apparently surprised by at least one of the questions, then shakes it off and begins answering your questions one by one, ticking them off on its clawed fingers as it goes.
You can see Cat looking curiously out of the window of the treehouse. He meets your eye and quirks his head to the side, as if to say What’s all this about? You shake your head; you’re just as lost as he is.

“Well, I was told you watch you by my master, a warlock. I been forbidden from sayin’ more than that first time I was ever summoned. He wanted me to watch you so’s to learn about you ‘fore meetin’ you in a few days. Give ‘im the upper hand as it were. I ain’t told him scratch yet though, haven’t ‘ad the chance to fly back. And I’m a Stygian Imp of course...but I thought you was a warlock, and a strong one at that, or at least that’s wot I heard.” He casts a curious eye over you, but apparently sees nothing to confirm or deny his beliefs.

How do you respond to the imp’s question? Anything else to ask/demand of him?
>Of course I am, maggot.
>I’m not, actually, but whatever
>ignore it
>write-in
>>
>>785154
"O-Of course i am! I am so good i skipped over your kind and went for more powerful summons.... No... No offense"
[Wave our hand dimissively towards the left of the imp, as if we were signalling a creature the size of a gorilla]
"Nevermind, there is no need to eat him. Continue with your duties."
[Back to the imp]
"Sorry you were saying?"
>>
>>785154
>>Of course I am, maggot.
>>
>>785154
Ignore it
>>
>>785183
>>785185
Writing.
>>
>>785224
Time to employ your god-level bluffing and manipulation skills.

“Of course I am!” You say indignantly and starting to blush. “In fact, I’m so strong I skipped over little summons like you—uh, no offence I mean—and skipped straight to the more powerful ones.” You turn to the left of the imp and act as if making eye-contact with a creature roughly the size of an angry, child-dragging gorilla.

“No need to eat him, my servant. No, no, truly. Your unwavering dedication is admirable, but go back to your duties. Very good.” You turn back to the imp, who’s watching you with a kind of confused awe. “You were saying, imp?”

“You’re absolutely mad...” he whispers, that same awestruck look on his face. After a second he clears his throat and speaks again at a more normal tone. “A-anyway, I can’t tell you much about my master, but his friends ain’t of the Seelie and they’re stuck wiv him, if you understand my saying so. And there are a lot of people less interested in your choice of Courts, as well. A lot more people wiv politic-al power that are more careful about the wording of their orders, too.” he seems to chuckle a little bit to himself at that last part. His wording is certainly odd, but you get the gist of it.

“Now, I got to say, I’m supposed to keep watching you for the rest of the day and tell ‘im what you did. I can most likely get away not tellin’ him what I did and not givin’ him too much detail, but I ain’t about to lie to him and get me heart shredded on your account. So don’t do anything you don’t want him to see, get it?” He seems anxious to get back in the air, glancing about and starting to stretch his wings out.
Anything else before he takes off?
>One more question! (Specify what)
>Okay, thanks for the warning (What do you do now?)
>write-in
>>
>>785275
"So, you can't tell me where your master lives, right? Can you tell me where you are suppossed to go back once your surveillance mission is over? totally different thing"

Do you guys think he fell for the invisible demon thing?
>>
>>785301
Seconding this, also I'm not sure, I'm imagining him with a Patchs-esque accent, that means trickery. Plus he's an imp, natural tricksters if I remember right.
>>
>>785308
Patches untrustworthy? Nonsense! He's got "trusty" right in his name!
>>785301
Writing
>>
>>785358
Not the spider one, and he's more of a being that would be in this universe than the true Patches.
>>
>>785308
Patch Addams?
>>
>>785381
Trusty Patches, from the Souls/BloodBorne franchise.
>>
“Wait, one more thing!” You call, taking a step forward. Momentarily alarmed, the imp hops backward, a cross between a chimp and a startled seagull.

“Yes, yes, what is it?” he asks impatiently, still glancing around.

“So you can’t tell me where your master lives, right?” The imp nods emphatically. “Could you tell me where you’re going once your surveillance mission is over? Totally different thing.” The imp grins, revealing a truly impressive set of teeth, which look like they’ve been borrowed from a wide assortment of animals. You’re pretty sure there’s even some baleen in there…

“I like the way you think, but naw. The Court issued those orders, and they’re much more careful ‘bout those kinds of things. Can’t reveal nothin’ that I could ‘conceive might compromise its location or safety’. Master just said I couldn’t say anything about him...I ask you, what kind of thought does that show? None, none at all.” With a final contemptuous shake of his head, the demon leaps off the ground and flaps his wings, raising to his previous height and staying there.

While it’s weird to think he’d going to be watching you all day long, there’s not much you can do about it, is there? You realize that while what happened yesterday, with Argus overpowering you, was a random chance, there’s really nothing you could do to protect yourself if some magical opponent tried to come after you. A shiver runs down your spine. Argus said people had died due to Court intrigue before, and there’s already somebody from the Unseelie scoping you out...you need to figure out some protection, and soon.
What now?
>go back to the treehouse and tell Cat what’s going on
>go inside (any pressing tasks?)
>>
>>785401
>Go to the crawlspace and close it behind us, then ask Cat
He can't go through objects right?
>>
>>785412
Waiting another five min for any more responses, then writing.
>>
>>785460
Slow night, wonder where >>785381 went to.
>>
>>785467
Who knows? Might be jacking it to giraffe porn if the discord is anything to go by
Writing.
>>
>>785475
Woah woah woah. What discord?
>>
>>785412
this
>>
>>785467
Sorry, i am helping a QM with his mapping
and jacking it to giraffe porn
>>
>>785493
>>785475
Is this just the qst discord or something? Jesus.
>>
>>785495
https://discord.gg/TArgk

no it's here
>>
>>785475
You need to talk to Cat to let him know what’s going on, but you can’t exactly go up to the treehouse. The imp seems to like you better than his master at the very least, but that doesn’t mean he’s trustworthy when it comes to these things. Best to be discrete. You look over towards the treehouse and nod to the side, as if stretching your neck. You’re not sure if Cat saw it, but you can hope.

Now for a secluded spot. Your room had windows, and so does every room in the house...but what if you went under the house? You walk over to the door to the crawlspace, jerking it open and ducking inside. You awkwardly crouch-walk over to the light and click it on, illuminating the back corners of the sand-floored space and shutting the door behind you.

You wait patiently, and after just a few moments Cat passes through the door, his blue glow further lighting the small space.

“Did you see the imp?” You ask, and he nods. That’s good at least, if that’s the most inconspicuous minion they think to send you’re already a few steps ahead.

“Yes, but I don’t believe he saw me. What do you know, my lady?” You fill him in, giving him all the details. He nods, absorbing the information.

“Would you like me to resume sentry-duty in the treehouse or focus on following the imp once his surveillance is done? I can’t promise results. If someone has been that careful with his orders I will likely run up against a ward before he reaches his destination.”

>Yes, follow him and tell me what you can.
>No, stay with me just in case
>No, go back to the treehouse
>other
>>
>>785522
>>No, stay with me just in case
>>
>>785522
>Stay with me, the'll come to meet me ventually
>>
>>785522
>stay but keep an eye out
>>
>>785549
>>785541
>>785532
Writing.
Probably only going until 10 or so, just a heads up
>>
Current speed and length good? Reminding myself to post shorter and more often, but wanted to check that all is well.

“No, stay with me. His master’ll have to come meet me eventually, and I’d prefer if you’re with me when that happens. Could make the difference…” You don’t finish the thought, but you get the sense that Cat understands. Life and death. You wonder if you could ever resurrect yourself, and make a note to check the grimoire for more information on the possibility. In the meantime though, no sense taking chances.

You turn off the light and by Cat’s weak blue shine, get to the door and crawl out onto the law. You stand up, stretching out your back with an audible pop, and head inside. Your dad is at the table, a mostly-eaten grilled cheese in one hand and a sci-fi paperback in the other. The guy loves science fiction for some reason.

He looks up and smiles, pleasantly surprised, when you open the sliding door and walk through.

“Liz! I thought you were going to be in Portland for the rest of the day? You and Mom come back early? I just came back for a quick lunch so I hadn’t seen her.”

“Yeah, she finished her errands ahead of schedule, but I think she might have gone up for a nap.”

“Ah, good. She gets so cranky when she’s tired.” He chuckles, and looks back up. “That reminds me, I did my dump run for the day, but I still have to swing by the nursery. Want to come with?”

>Yes, I’d love to
>No thanks, I’m busy
>other
>>
>>785612
S'fine

>Yep, dadster. Fo'shizzle.
Please, paraphrase that
>>
>>785612
>>Yes, I’d love to
>Yes, I’d love to
>>
>>785637
>>785612
Fine by me, also, don't paraphrase, use the exact wording that other Anon used.
>>
>>785638
pic related

>>785639
Noooooooo
>>
>>785612
>>No thanks, I’m busy
Don't want imp to report on it
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>785637
>>785638
>>785639
Writing. One says we use those exact words, two says not.
>>
File: 1443316358026.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1443316358026.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>785679
>tfw your vote counts for two
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 894x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 894x700px
>>785679
GOD DAMNIT ANON AND LADY LUCK! WHY DO YOU HATE ME
>>
“Sure, I’d love to.” You smile and Dad grins, popping the last bite of his grilled cheese into his mouth and standing up. He puts his dish in the sink and you head for the garage. He picks up a couple of boards, just in case whatever it is you’re getting is heavy enough to merit being wheeled into the bed, and tosses them in the back of the truck.

It’s a little old, but it practically sparkles. Your Dad cares for it like a baby, tunes the thing up every thousand miles, and it shows. He hops in the driver’s side and you take shotgun, and he pulls out of the garage before popping it into second and cruising through the ‘burbs.

“You have to get something out of the crawlspace?” he asks nonchalantly, coasting to a stop at an intersection. “Your knees were all sandy and it looks like you scratched your leg up on something.”

“Oh, I was just looking for something, but I couldn’t find it. Truth be told I think it was about the second time I’ve ever been in there.” You lie, a little ashamed of how easily the words come out. You chit chat about foundations and flood insurance for the rest of the brief ride, quickly arriving at the nursery. Your Dad pulls into the semi-circular pickup zone and opens his door, pausing. The nursery looks like a jungle; bittersweet and morning glory vines crawl over trellising separating the outside area, where more saplings, starts, and seeds then you think you’ve ever seen in your life.

“You want to come in?” he asks “I don’t mind if you wait in the car, but you could look around, and one of the assistants seems like a nice kind of guy.” He winks, teasing you.

>go inside
>stay in the car
>other
>>
>>785716
>Go inside, see if we can have cat keep an eye out for our new imp friend, maybe distract him so we can get stuff without him knowing
>>
>>785716
>>go inside
>>
>>785716
In this order
>Lopsided smile
>Mock indignant crossing of arms
>Slight push on his shoulder
>Get off the car wihtout breaking eye contact with your dad
>>
>>785731
What is this referencing? Is this Drive or something? Because I don't think we drive
>>
>>785723
>>785729
>>785731
Writing
Last post of the night, gents. It's been a good sesh, if shorter than intended. Will definitely be running a good long session Saturday sometime.
>>
>>785752
Standard "you fucking kidding me?" routine.
No reference intended.
>>
You look at your Dad with a lopsided grin, crossing your arms in a show of pseudo-anger and give his shoulder a playful shove. He laughs and you do as well, jumping out of the truck without breaking eye contact.

Cat floats up from where he was lying in the back of the truck, standing relaxed in the air just to the left of your ear. You catch a shadow on the ground and look up, just able to make out the vague figure of something with wings...and you’d bet your grimoire it’s got red skin and an accent too.

No way the imp can hear from all the way up there, or why would it have needed to get so close at the treehouse? Should be safe to whisper something to Cat, so long as Dad doesn’t see it.

“Keep an eye on him for now, distract him if he gets close enough to see me doing anything, got it?” He responds in the affirmative and floats up a bit higher to get a better look at the target of his attentions. Dad’s already opening the door to the indoor portion of the nursery, and you jog over.

The indoor shop had all manner of houseplants crammed in on every possible surface, bags of potting mix, expanded clay pellets and the occasional trowel sneaking in wherever possible. A wizened old man with a long beard and a green shirt is standing at the counter, talking in a low voice with a middle aged woman with jet-black hair.

Your father clears his throat and the woman jumps in surprise, but the old man just turns and gives an almost-toothless smile.

“Here to pick up the plum saplings, are ye?” he asks, voice quavering. He reaches below the counter and grabs a pair of coke-bottle glasses, which he settles on his nose, presumably to get a better look at the two of you.

“That we are.” Your Dad answers with a smile, hands clasped in front of him. “And some onion starts for the garden, if you’ve got them.” The old man nods slowly, rubbing his chin for a minute.

“Vanessa, would you mind taking care of the onions? I’ll get them the saplings, if that’s alright.” Vanessa nods curtly.

“Liz, do you want the saplings or the onions?” Your father asks. “I don’t mind getting the saplings, they could be kind of heavy.”
>Onions?
>Saplings?
>other?
>>
>>785802
>>Saplings?
We aren't a pink loving girly girl dad
>>
>>785802
>Onions
We are a necromancer, damn it. We don't do menial labor!
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
>>785822
Seconding saplings, give our oh so poor old man a break
>>
>>785878
Isn't said old man as strong as a bull? At least he is in shape
>>
>>785887
Yeah, just give him a little shit jokingly is all I meant, hence the smug.
>>
>>785892
No, you did not. And now you will have to live with that in your conscience for the rest of your life!

Nah, it's okay
>>
>>785802
>Onions?
>Onions.
We're under scrutiny at the moment; we can't go having conversations not in good taste so long as our stygian eye in the sky is on duty if we're keen on not leading him on to the conclusion that this warlock isn't a warlock at all.

The warlock that sent our leathery friend might also be the one taking us to our appointment with the Unseelie, which would mean that our posing as a warlock is kinda pointless here.
>>
Do you guys thing we should take some martial arts classes or something?
It is summer, so we have the time.
And other mages might be caught off guard by a necromancer closing the gap along with her constructs
>>
>>787180
we krav maga nao
>>
>>787180
Probably yeah. Why don't we just become a Witcher, or a Witches i.e. Ciri?
>>
>>787241
Witchess, my bad
>>
>>787180
I fully support this idea. Our wummons will be powerful and all, but in the end they all share two glaring weaknesses in that they run on small pools of magic that have to be manually refilled by their summoner and that the magic that allows them to move their bones postmortem can probably be dispelled similar to a shade. That coupled with the fact that we probably won't have our friends summoned at all times makes some self-defense practice sound like a very nice thing to have.
>>
>>787244
>Summon lesser servant (I swear i'll never remember the name of the spell without looking it up) made from a large animal
>Command it to jump from a high altitute and attack enemy from above
>Our summon gets dispelled by a ward
>Heavy bones rain over our opponent
>By the time the enemy mage regains his composture, he'll have a face full of 18 y.o. girl with martial training and a lead pipe for decomissioning his kneecaps
>>
>>787546
>Winning magic duels with a lead pipe
Why do I love this idea.
>>
>>788234
Because somebody already called dibs on the sock-brick flail
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 500x333px)
image.jpg
105KB, 500x333px
>>787546
>Lead Pipe
>Not a Steel or Silver Sword
>>
>>788515
Steel swords are for peasants
Silver swords are for werewolves
Lead pipes are for wizards who are too stupid to leave their kneecaps uncovered

Pitchforks are for witchers
>>
>>787546
For the record, physical forms are much harder to dispel than aetheric ones.
That said...
LEAD PIPE TRAIN WHOO WHOO
>>
>>788549
>Spoiler
No, Witchers you just need a Big Ole armored Elf

Also, why wouldn't we want a sword fighting necromancer? Think about it, a Templar of the dark arts! Or whatever you want to call it.
>>
>>788647
I thought we were going for a urban approach of to this

>Now trembre before the might of the-AAAAARGH!
>What's that foul magic? Why everything burns? How'd it get through my magic barrier?
"It's just pepper spray, dude"
>>
>>788735
Yeah, but these people know what guns and pipes are, they won't be expecting a sword.
>>
>>788780
Those thing aren't exactly easy to hide.
Pepper spray, gun, tazer, etc. You can hide those even in those ridiculous small handbags we force women to use so they don't have claymores to fight the patriarchy
The pipe was mostly a joke, we shouldn't carry one around. Buut if we were to find one in the battlefield, welll

For a sword you need a scabbard, and those you can't hide. Maybe if you mean a sword cane. But why would an 18 YO be carring a cane around?
Nevermind that most mages will expect the cane/staff to also be a sword.

Maybe we can carry around a sack of pennies with a long and tough string, to use as a flail.
A scarf that doubles as a sling.

If our constructs will fight in the front lines, a polearm-kind of weapon would be best. We can go for a warscythe, if you want to be thematical. But carrying one around in our dayly life?

Now if fights, and thats a big IF, are arranged duels and we get to choose our own equipment. Then i would go for the sabre and pistol combo, to fight from "horse" back. If we are even allowed fire arms, that is.

I brought up the lead pipe joke because is an unorthodox and mudane weapon that would be unexpected. But no one is going to doubt what a sword is for, there is no way to surprise them that way.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 363x212px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 363x212px
>>788869
You know what's wven more inconspicuous than a lead pipe, a razer and even pepper spray?
POCKET SAND
>>
>>788924
I agree
Crushed glass is better, tho

Captcha: Only Do Not
Oh, what do you know. You silly thing
>>
>>787244
>>787546
>>788549
I say since we are 18 we take self-defence courses towards getting a Concealed Carry Permit if that is possible in our state.

Look at it this way, we are a young fairly attractive woman that could fear for her safety if she is ever alone and gets stranded in a bad area. It is more common for a woman to own a gun for self-defence than a man in many regions of the country, no instructor or law enforcement would bat an eye and if lead pipes can get through wardings so can a lead bullet.

I am sorry, I just don't see the point of a frail little waif going into battle with a lead pipe against people or monsters far stronger than her, especially considering we don't seem to have much martial training.

Sure it might be cute to have a lead pipe and be a kneecapper, or cool to have a sword, but so far our physical abilities haven't been shown to be enhanced by our magic. It would be foolish to think that someone we might go against would never be stronger then us or supernaturally enhanced. A .45 will put a hole in a man or a minotaur where as a lead pipe would just tickle the latter and might not make it all the way to the bone with a sword.

Sorry if my rant is disjointed, it's late for me. My vote is be practical and get a gun for self defense. We are in Connecticut and reading up on their laws there is a significant waiting period for the purchase of a handgun but a concealed carry permit is on a shall-issue basis, meaning when it is requested it is not denied unless a general background check (already required to purchase guns and ammo in the state) flags a felony or it is known to the police that the applicant has a major character defect that would make them a danger to others (Say a drug dealer that has not been officially caught yet).

So the story of a waifish cute little 18 year old girl wanting a rooty-tooty-point-and-shooty to defend herself from the big bad people out there would pretty much guarantee us getting a CCL.

I vote we get a .44 magnum or .357 they carry a high level of stopping power on human sized targets and can pack enough powder to punch into thicker hides we might encounter. Better yet we can personally cast our own bullets of varying materials such as cold iron or maybe bits of remains that we can then summon with to cause further damage if they get away/and or help locate them as the bullet/bone rips its way out to answer the summon. Apparently it is hard to take down anything moose sized with a handgun so minotaurs might still be out of our range.

Still looking at a couple hundred bucks though, I guess lead pipe might be best on the wallet unless we are willing to do some theft...
>>
>>792074
Also if we are getting a biggun lizzie might need to start working out her wrist muscles so they don't shatter when we need to put down a big bad guy.
>>
>>792074
>we are in connecticut
We're in Maine this time around friend. Remember, we went to Portland?
Also casting your own bullets is harder than you'd think if you're using anything but lead, and requires a good amount of specialized equipment. Not saying it's off the table, just saying be aware.
>>
>>792125
Oh shoot my bad skelly, I just got done binge reading the old threads in the archive.

I was thinking about the problems using something besides lead might give us. Iron would be pretty tough to cast or forge in secret or at all really. Maybe one of those revolvers that fires shot-shells so we could experiment with different shot loads.

Sorry I forgot about the Portland thing, but in my defense there are a LOT of Portlands in the country and I am in no way familiar with New England area.
>>
>>785802
Assuming voting is still open and there's still a tie to be broken,
>Onions
We also have many layers, so we shall relate to these bulby acquisitions. The downside is not hanging with the old bearded guy who somewhat fits the stereotype of an old wizard. The plus is not directly hanging with a possibly aligned magic user on his own turf.
>>
>>792074
We should find other magical friends/contacts that can advise us on personal armaments before we assume that a gun is a good idea. Police tend not to find magical creatures that have been shot to death because they wandered into the path of someone they didn't realize was packing; there might be a ward that gets commonly placed on creatures that causes them to briefly phase out when a projectile passes it at or above a particular velocity, making them effectively invulnerable to gunfire.

Assuming blunt melee weapons aren't a bad idea, I would personally vote that we get a CWP and a collapsible baton, as well as a knife and a pepper spray canister.

Also:
>we are a young fairly attractive woman
I don't think Skelly has mentioned Liz's attractiveness. I don't think she's even mentioned Liz's weight. We could be playing as the Cave Troll from the first Harry Potter book right now and none of us would know it.
>>
>>794012
I'm betting we turn out to be incredibly average
>>
>>794708
That sounds like a pretty average wager to me.
>>
I can't wait for the moment when we take this all off and reveal we were a skeleton all along
>>
Sorry for not running this weekend, will almost definitely do a session tomorrow night.
>>
>>800582
Ok
Thread posts: 242
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.