[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scionchasers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

(Sorry this so wordy.)

Scions are elusive terrestrial demi-gods that are attributed to being the sources of all life on the continent of Malaen. All are totally unique, but share the same purpose - to sustain the land and the life that inhabits it. You are a Scionchaser, an adventurer who chases after these great beings in hopes of gaining a boon from them - their powers can cure any disease, grant powers and physical abilities beyond that which most mortals ever reach, or even resurrect and re-construct the dead. Their blood, if you somehow manage to claim it, is the ultimate healing agent, and is worth obscene amounts of gold.

You've found an agent who sells information of Scion sightings to people such as yourself. Such information is usually trustworthy, albeit usually difficult to follow up on, so that these agents can reel in customers. Bad information is bad business.

"Greetings, Chaser. I see you've come for another trail. Good, your kind are in short supply lately." The broker says, settled behind his paper-laden desk. "I haven't seen anyone that looks like you in a while, though. Where are you from?"

(Roll 1d12 to make a decision. First Highest roll in case of duplicates gets priority.)

>"I'm an Alban Man/Woman, through and through."
Albanad is a northern land almost always covered in snow apart from a few short summer months, inhabited by small communities who value ancestor worship. Alban people are often very pale, with monochrome hair colours, either white or black hair, and generally blue or grey eyes.

>”I'm a Man/Woman of proud Fullur.”
The Fullur Empire is the largest nation in Malaen, and holds a vast central region of the continent, and is characterized by great networks of castle-cities, as well as a patriotic, human-centric atheistic religious tradition. They have the least defined ethnic identity due to having mixed races with the surrounding regions that they have conquered, with hair colours ranging from white, brown, blonde, red and black, and a wide variety of eye colours.

>“Man/Woman from the Sun's belt, right before your eyes.”
The Sun's belt is a heated region directly beneath the Fullur empire. Its people are known as 'Dogardan', and are traditionally sun-worshipers. Dogardan people have warm skin with tones from red to brown, although paler people still end up tanning quite quickly here. They generally have brown, sandy and sun-bleached blonde, or black hair. Eye colours tend to be green, brown or orange.

>”The jungles of Ather gave birth to this Man/Woman.”
>Ather is a tropical climate east of The Sun's Belt, with central jungles and mountain ranges, and edged by beautiful beaches around the south and east. Atheran people generally worship the Scions themselves due to their verdant landscape, but are traditionally known to worship star-deities. Ather has a mixed populace of very dark-skinned humans, ranging from deep brown to black. Their eyes range from green, orange, and dark brown.
>>
Man from Sun's Belt, very dark skin, white hair
>>
>>76634
shit, forgot to roll
>>
Rolled 4 (1d12)

>>76650
am I autistic?
>>
Rolled 8 (1d12)

>>76578
>>“Man/Woman from the Sun's belt, right before your eyes.”
>The Sun's belt is a heated region directly beneath the Fullur empire. Its people are known as 'Dogardan', and are traditionally sun-worshipers. Dogardan people have warm skin with tones from red to brown, although paler people still end up tanning quite quickly here. They generally have brown, sandy and sun-bleached blonde, or black hair. Eye colours tend to be green, brown or orange.
>>
>>76670
>Man
>Tan
>Sun-bleached blonde
>Green
>>
>>76670

"Man from the Sun's belt, right before your eyes." You say, with a bright look on your face.

"Oh, you've come far then, haven't you? What convinced you to leave the warm climate, then?" The broker asks, eyes flicking to the window, and the storming weather outside.

>"I've got a incurable condition. I need to find a Scion before it catches up with me."

>"I want to bottle a Scion's blood and make a fortune off it."

>"I've carried my dead lover's ashes with me. I want a Scion to resurrect them."
>>
>>76810
>"I've carried my dead lover's ashes with me. I want a Scion to resurrect them."
>>
>>76810
>>
>>76810
>>
>>
>>76826
>>76827
>>76855

"I've carried my dead lover's ashes with me. I want a Scion to resurrect them." You say, motioning to a jar wrapped up in protective layers to cushion it in case it happened to fall.

"A labor of love it is, hmm? Well, that's very noble of you. I'm sure she or he must have been very important to you. Well, let's get on to business, then. I've got three leads." He lays out three scrolls, with crude artist renditions of the Scions in question, as well as map markings.

>"The first was last seen in Lodengin. You know, land with the dragonfolk, towering spires, castles, magical pollution everywhere. They call this one 'Aeor'. Violent disposition, I believe. At war with the Loden dragonfolk themselves. You'll have a hell of a hard time getting anything from him, but on the plus side, there's colossal bounties on proof of his death, and there are legions of soldiers, mages, and Chasers like yourself trying to take him down. You'd possibly be able to get help, that's for sure. You'd only need a jar of blood for the resurrection process to work, too."

>"The second is in Central Fullur, a little down south, in The Golden Woods, he's known as Caerulus. Well, except that this fella's making it not-so-golden. He's not a malevolent type, but he's brought a torrential downpour along with him. Regions are being turned into mires and swamps, place is falling apart. Maybe you could convince him to leave, if you find him."

>"Last one's in Paera. Don't know if you've heard, but Paera's a small peninsula, a Fullur territory that's in the middle of a war for independence. This one's peaceful though, apparently she was the patron guardian of a small, isolated village that got caught up in the war. She's kept it safe though, and nobody can get in without her permission. You might have a hard time making it through the conflict, though."

"So, what'll it be?" He asks. "I've got detailed information on each beyond those basic briefings, and the commission rates are the same for all three."
>>
>>77041
>"The second is in Central Fullur, a little down south, in The Golden Woods, he's known as Caerulus. Well, except that this fella's making it not-so-golden. He's not a malevolent type, but he's brought a torrential downpour along with him. Regions are being turned into mires and swamps, place is falling apart. Maybe you could convince him to leave, if you find him."
>>
Also, remember to roll guys! It's not a big deal if the decision is unanimous, but if you choose different things then it'll be a problem.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d12)

>>77081
Rolls
>>77098
dice+1d12, right?
>>
>>77125

Yeah.
>>
Also, here's a map.
>>
>>77125
>>77081

A bit of heavy rain sounds far less dangerous than dealing with any kind of war, civil or not. You point to Caerulus' contract. "I'll take a bit of rainy weather."

"Fair enough. No warzone, I suppose." He holds the scroll up, to give you a better look at Caerulus. He seems mostly humanoid, with a shifting skin tone of white, grey, and blue. His legs end at the knees, where they become clouds, and the image depicts him walking over the golden leaves and white barks of the forest, in the sky above, with rain pouring from the clouds he walks along.

"That'll be five gold pieces." He says, withdrawing the scroll. "I've got a few more parchments with greater detail on them, that'll actually help you home in on him, once you pay up."

You've not come this far to change your mind on the payment, not when it means your love has a chance of being brought back to life. You hand him the coins, and in return, he reaches under his desk, and hands you a handful of scrolls.

"Well, there you go." He says in a concluding tone. "There's a blacksmith across the street, if you need protective equipment, or fresh horseshoes doing."

You thank him for his help, and you step outside. It's late morning, and the sun has an hour or two before it hits its peak.

The village around you is small, but well-protected. It's more of a trading hub than anything, and thick, high walls around such a small settlement gives it the impression of being a keep, rather than a town. The blacksmith is directly ahead, and there's an odd looking shack further down the road, which gives you the impression that it may be an enchanter's home, or that of a shaman instead. There's even an inn, too, where you might be able to hire help. You should probably make some extra preparations before you leave, or maybe double-check your inventory to see what you'd need for your southwards journey.

>What will you do now?
>>
>>77710
Check what we have now then off to the blacksmith.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d12)

>>77787
>>
>>77787

>Inventory

You have:
(1) jar of loved one's ashes. (You can lose this. The game won't end if you do, but you may lose a possible future companion.)
(10) meal rations. (You can get through the deal with 1 ration. 2 in a day will make some encounters easier.)
(1) spare change of clothes. (Needs to be switched out with if your clothes are ruined or soaked. Soaked clothes can be dried, but you will suffer penalties for wearing wet clothes.)
(1) knife.
(5) gold coins. (Gold coins are used for major bonuses and plot points.)
(50) silver coins. (Silver coins are used for optional purchases.)

>Blacksmith

You head to the blacksmith. Inside the room is unsurprisingly hot and dry, but after being in the rainy weather outside, you can appreciate it, and it gives you a chance to dry off.

An apprentice mans the front store, and behind the building you can hear the hissing of hot metal in water, followed by the continued ringing of hammer on metal. The apprentice, a short, brown-haired boy lights up upon seeing you enter, and greets you with a cheery voice.

"Hello! Is there anything I can help you with? We have fresh weapons and armor, household utensils, and camping utensils as well!" He's clearly trying to put in as much effort into making a sale as possible.

You could make conversation with or ask what specifically he's selling, and for what price. There's also plenty of equipment up on the wall to examine, too.
>>
(Extra commands:
Information (Goes over what you know.)
Area (Examines your current zone in greater detail.)
Health (Checks your current condition.)
>>
{bump}
>>
yeah gimme those bumps
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.