[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FTL Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: FTL_Title.png (796KB, 1350x1074px) Image search: [Google]
FTL_Title.png
796KB, 1350x1074px
Thank you for reaching us, Captain. The Federation is in desperate need of your help.
I trust that this conversation won't leave this room.

To put it plain, the Federation is losing this war. We are dying. The Rebel advance is too swift and decisive, their artificial drone units produced in numbers too great to counteract.

But, at great cost, we've managed to find the key, something to turn the tide. The specifics of their Flagship, the linchpin in their plans. Schematics, data. A single vessel, running the war. They've invested more than we could dream of into the beast.
But we think that we, that you in particular, Captain, can bring the behemoth down.
It will be a hard mission. Success is not guaranteed, or... from certain members of the board, even expected. But I have faith in your abilities. You're proven in the field.
Good luck.

We're using civilian volunteers to ferry the cargo, in order to keep a low profile. We've been given access to:
The Kestrel. A military scout ship, decommissioned and given new life as a cargo hauler. The pilot, former Federation pilot A. Song, immediately volunteered herself, her ship, and her two-man crew to the mission. It's much an all-rounder, featuring a simple two-shot torpedo launcher and dual laser.

The Noether. A rare submission from the Zoltan government, officially neutral in the conflict, but they can see how a xenophobic human regime coming into power would be bad for them. The craft is piloted by a bio-substrate AI named Christine, and is manned by two Zoltan ambassadors. Neither seems to know exactly what they're getting into. The ship features an advanced Zoltan overshield, but no standard shield generator, and is armed with Ion blasters and a basic beam model.

The Man O' War. The only vessel intended for active military duty, it's service bought from the two-man Slug mercenary crew. It features advanced anti-crew weaponry capable of piercing minor shields, but lacks real destructive power.

Which ship do you choose, Captain? I may also recommend interviewing the crews or studying the ships in greater detail, but the choice is yours.
>>
>>763120
>interview the crews, Zoltan slug and then human.
>>
>>763141
>I second this
>>
File: Zoltan_Ambassadors.png (61KB, 346x211px) Image search: [Google]
Zoltan_Ambassadors.png
61KB, 346x211px
You walk down to the ship bay, booted feet echoing footfalls in the drab hangar. At your request, the ambassadors gather, accompanies by a hard-light representation of their ship's AI.
AJ Hager claims to have signed on to the mission because of his intense interest in human affairs. ...somewhat disturbingly intense. He interrupts you constantly asking about various aspects of your biology and psychology, and has a hell of a volume control problem. And this guy is a diplomat? Sheesh.
Virgil is more reasonable, and does his best to calm AJ down. He sites an impressive diplomatic resume, and notes experience in simulated combat zones, should worst come to worst. He explains how the Zoltan are well-fit for spacefaring combat, as their bodies produce enough energy to power equipment within the room they stand in, though they have a noted frailness of physique.
Christine speaks only when spoken to. It states that it's hard-light hologram can be used as a poor substitute for a third crewmember, with exceptional physical frailty, but requires no oxygen for obvious reasons. The AI has also downloaded as much relevant information on weaponry as possible in the short time given, which may give an edge in combat if it can identify advanced weapons systems.
>>
File: Slug_Mercs.png (55KB, 343x201px) Image search: [Google]
Slug_Mercs.png
55KB, 343x201px
The Slugs are notably uncommunicative. Delice seems to speak no galactic common at all, though Joyce is fluent enough to get by. Both are brutes in size, and Joyce takes some noted pride in extolling their ruthlessness. She(?) explains that communication between slugs won't be a problem due to their psychic link, and that they may be able to detect the positions of nearby enemies and allies with something of a "psychic sonar" which she seems to lack the words to explain.
>>
File: Token_Humies.png (54KB, 337x205px) Image search: [Google]
Token_Humies.png
54KB, 337x205px
The human crew is a mixed bag. Song is fervently pro-federation but her crew... less so. It seems their overexcited captain has dragged them in for the ride, so to speak.
Song is the classic former-military showboat looking for new glory. You have no doubts about her capabilities, but she seems to be under the impression that this is some grand romantic adventure, not a fight for the fate of your government and way of life.
Akako is Song's daughter, only 20 years of age, and very unsure of this sudden shift in her life. She speaks softly, but her record as an engineer and shield technician is impressive.
Rama has an irritating smirk. This is pretty much all you can register. What a prick.
>>
>>763120
>>763245

I vote for the tough little Kestrel.
>>
File: Start.png (100KB, 608x385px) Image search: [Google]
Start.png
100KB, 608x385px
You choose the Kestrel, and launch. Song is very pleased with your decision.
Not long after you head off, you receive an urgent transmission. The Rebel fleet has, somehow, gained knowledge of your mission. Ships have been dispatched to dispose of you.
You respond, "What ships?"
The reply is chilling. A single photograph, grainy, with coordinates noted to be unsettlingly close to your own. It's the whole goddamn fleet.
This is the real deal.
You briefly consider how to spend your time while the FTL engine charges.
You recall that, on a stroll through the ship, you noticed a jury-rigged fuel cell recycler. Akako explained how she set it up herself in order to stretch limited, expensive FTL fuel, and may be able to produce some with the device.
>>
>>763337
Talk to Akako about the fuel cell recycler.
>>
File: First_Jump.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
First_Jump.png
1MB, 1280x720px
You ask Akako about the recycler. She... attempts to explain it. Some kind of technobabble about antimatter fission and photonic response reversal. It all goes way over your head. When asked to explain the device in basic fucking common, she huffs, and says that it makes FTL fuel cells, traditionally like a battery, into something closer to a shitty rechargeable battery with limited use. She activates the device and demonstrates it's use, feeding in some spare empty fuel cells. You watch, appreciative, as the supermaterial glow fades in within the cells as they gain charge. If this could be industrialized, it would revolutionize the war. You instruct Akako to draw up plans to submit the the Federation engineer corps. She looks away briefly, before nodding as you dismiss her.
Fuel stocks re-upped, you consider the galactic map. You need to get through eight sectors of hazards and deadly space to reach the frontlines. It's gonna be a long haul.
>>
>>763386
Go to the rightmost beacon
>>
>>763525
Seconding
>>
>>763525
Agreed
>>
>>763386
Ded?
>>
Is this a shitty Star Trek setting?
>>
>>764968
Anon. No. It's in the fucking title. F T L quest.
>>
QM is dead as bread?
I would have enjoyed a Trials of the Nesasio style quest, but I guess I'll have to settle for reading it again.
>>
>>763386
OP is kill?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.