[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Artifact Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: aytheia.jpg (315KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
aytheia.jpg
315KB, 2560x1600px
Location: Universe XXII : sector XVII : Aythenia IV:XII : Soheelee desert : (30.123,53.434,-80.654)
Universal Time: 139:60
Planetary Time: 16:40
Planetary Description: Desert planet, very dry, very hot, very little liquid water, large land masses
Developed Species: Aythenian, humanoid reptile race (non-sentient) [OUTDATED]
Technological Development: stone age [OUTDATED]
Political alignment: inter-universal alliance of archaeology (IUAOA) (militarily regulated) [OUTDATED]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ruin possibility: guaranteed :: Ancient Athenian :: Ancient Athenian Artifacts (RARE)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mission objectives:
-conduct reconnaissance to ensure that the modern Aythenian’s are not anywhere close to the ancient’s level of technological advancement
-update the planetary archives in order to provide other archaeologists with relevant information on planet about today
-establish dominance over modern Aythenian’s in order to keep their political ties (optional)
-sweep over the Ancient Athenian ruins in order recover any unrecorded artifacts or technologies (keep what you can find granted)

Mission details :: presented by overseer Major Judaria Vincent Smith
Initiate,
This is your first mission on the field, so i’m not going to ask you to do anything that i don’t think you can do, you need to check on the Aythenian’s and make sure that they are not above the predicted development above bronze age, keep your distance, as, last we checked, Aythenians don’t take kindly to other species. This might have changed with the time they have had to develop, i’ll leave the jurisdiction of approaching them up to you while there. If you do, convince, or force them to stay part of the IUAOA, if they are ahead of bronze age, or refuse to comply with our offer of political alliance, we’ll wipe the planet and start them over again. The ruins in Aythenia are very rich with ancient artifacts, last we checked, the ancients were capable of short range teleportation with the artifacts that they had, if you find technology in the ruins, keep it for personal use / reverse engineering. Try not to die, and good luck.
Major Smith

Mission log:
Upon landing, I prepare by grabbing my necessary field gear,
-Emergency heal packs
-Rations
-Canteen with water
-Hard light generator
-IUAOA standard element pistol
-coordinate binoculars

Initial observations show that i am near an entrance to an Aythenian ruin, as expected due to my intentional choice of landing here, about (+2.654,+5.990,-7.898) away is a Aythenian city.
What should you do next?
>>
>>752071
Go to the ruins
>>
>>752311
seconded
>>
File: tegaki.png (8KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
8KB, 400x400px
>>752311
>>752386
Location: Universe XXII : sector XVII : Aythenia IV:XII : Soheelee desert : (30.123,53.434,-80.655)
Universal Time: 139:70
Planetary Time: 16:50
Planetary Description: Desert planet, very dry, very hot, very little liquid water, large land masses
Political alignment: inter-universal alliance of archaeology (IUAOA) (militarily regulated) [OUTDATED]

Mission objectives:
[see above]

Mission details:
[see above]

Mission log:
I decided to enter the Aythenian ruins, i’m a little unsettled by all of the statues, i feel like their looking at me.

Environment details : the entrance is sealed with what appears to be and interlocking stone door. According to scans, it’s 5 feet thick. the ruins are made of a hardened sandstone, and the main entrance is arranged in a semicircle with the outer ends of the circle facing outwards from the entrance, the door is in the center of the arch of the arch of the semicircle. Arranged evenly on each side of the entrance there is an arrangement of statues and pillars, the statues are all armed with giant stone tools and weapons, with each statue standing at ~30 feet high. There are a few points of interest, one being near the entrance, one being near the 2nd statue to the right of the entrance, and one implanted in the forehead of the 2nd statue to the left of the main entrance. Investigation required. Rudimentary map sketch given.
What should you do? (pick two of the points of interest)
>>
>>752634
Check the entrance and the statue on the right.
>>
>>753698
This
>>
File: stone sword.jpg (214KB, 2517x2470px) Image search: [Google]
stone sword.jpg
214KB, 2517x2470px
>>753698
Location: Universe XXII : sector XVII : Aythenia IV:XII : Soheelee desert : (30.123,53.434,-80.655)
Universal Time: 139:75
Planetary Time: 16:55

Mission objectives:
[see above]

Mission details:
[see above]

Mission log:
I made the decision to investigate the points of interest next to the statue and entrance. I uncovered the sand from the piece next to the statue, and it appears to be one of the stone swords of the statue. It’s peculiar however because the statue that the sword is next to still has its sword. The artifact is about 6 feet long, and is made of an unidentified stone, scans indicate no clues as to what stone it is...peculiar.

The second point of interest is a small switch next to the main seal to the ruins. I feel like it would be the switch that opens the seal, but i should be careful, however, i DO need into the ruins. Hmm…

Environment details:
[see above]
What should you do next?
>>
>>754240
Flick the switch.
Have your hard light generator ready I'm assuming that is a force field) in case the status are guard robots.

WTF didn't we land near a population centre so we can actually do our job?
>>
<is lurking>
>>
>>754240
Use the sword to hit the switch, don't want to endanger ourself on a hunch.
>>
File: tegaki.png (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
16KB, 400x400px
>>754397
>we landed near the ruins we are exploring, the city that we are going to investigate later are at coordinates (+2.654,+5.990,-7.898) which is in universe a couple of kilometers away
Universal Time: 139:75
Planetary Time: 16:55
Mission objectives:
[see above]
Mission details:
[see above]
Mission log:
I flipped the switch and used the hard light projector to raise a barrier in front of the entrance, in case of surprise attacks. The door opened, but nothing emerged from the ruins, and they appear to be a safe to enter environment, i ran scans of the inside to find if the air is breathable,
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Trace elements present in air:
-oxygen: ~20%
-nitrogen: 33.982%
-arsenic: ~10%
-carbon: 36.018%
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
There appears to be enough oxygen, but too high of a arsenic concentration for this ruin to be considered breathable, safe air. I fabricate a hard light respirator using the projector. With that, i was ready to descend the staircase to the rest of the ruins.

Environment details:
After about 20 meters of stairs leading straight to the main room of the ruins, the space opened up to a large, cylindrical room. The cylindrical room has three levels, I’m on the highest. There is a hole in the ground that gives me clear vision of the floors below me. There are 4 exits to this room, the stairs i came from (east exit), a closed stone door (north exit), an open doorway (northwest exit), and a collapsed wall that appears to lead to a dead end (south west exit). There is one point of interest in sight, it’s through the collapsed wall. Rudimentary sketch provided.
>>
>>754653
sorry, forgot to end with, what do you do next?
>>
>>754653
Check out the open Northwest doorway.
>>
>>754818
Universal Time: 139:77
Planetary Time: 16:57
Mission objectives:
[see above]
Mission details:
[see above]

Mission log:
i move through the northwestern doorway of the first room, it leads to a winding path down to the next floor, on the way down the winding path, i noticed a small divot in the side of the hallway that a liquid or a ball could go down with ease, possibly a trap? I'm not sure. Also on the way down, i found a small, rusted metal orb, it had multiple engravings in it, and it looks like it could be opened somehow, scans showed it was made of unknown material, although, it looked to be gold…

Environment details:
The room is a perfect mirror image of the first room, in every single way. The only difference is that there is a hole in the ceiling, the same hole that is in the floor of the first room. There is no space abnormalities happening, I’ve been trained to realized those, you’ll have to run some experiments. Exits are winding pathway (west side), collapsed wall (northwest exit), open doorway (southwest exit), and a closed stone door (south exit), There is one point of interest in sight, it’s through the collapsed wall.
>>
>>754911
> collapsed wall
Shortcut ho!
>>
>>755064
Universal Time: 139:78
Planetary Time: 16:58
Mission objectives:
[see above]
Mission details:
[see above]

Mission log:
I went through the collapsed wall on the second level of the ruins. My suspicions of it being a dead end were confirmed, but that didn’t matter, the artifact on the ground was amazing.
What i found was a small, perfectly spherical, clear ball, inside of the ball was an inquisitor’s chip i’ve only heard myths of these things when i was going through the academy. I can’t believe that i finally found one. The guys back at the base are going to flip OUT. i hope i get a raise…i go back into the main part of the room and break open the glass ball that holds the chip. I use my hard light projector to make a hard light computer, and i insert the chip, it begins downloading the information. It’ll take some time, but in awhile, i’ll have uncovered something unknown to the multiverse for upwards of a universe cycle or two. Fingers crossed it’s something juicy!

Environment description:
[see above]

>I’m going to call it a night tonight, but i will continue tomorrow. I hope you guys enjoy what i got planned, sorry for there not being much here just yet.
>>
>>755125
>alright I'm back, lets do this shite
>>
>>756239
Are you alive?
>>
>>757130
>yes, just busy with life things, sorry for being shitty at this. what do you want for the next part of the story?
>>
>>758205
>the other guy that's named QM is also me, it's just with a different IP (workplace), so the tripcode is different.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.