[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tech-Priest Quest, Part 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: 1298083005142.jpg (338KB, 777x911px) Image search: [Google]
1298083005142.jpg
338KB, 777x911px
Your mind fires off, thinking of how you could get yourself out of between this rock and hard place. You think you see the Servitor on the right stumble slightly, so you take your chance and try to move past him, Chain Axe in hand, just in case an opportunity avails itself.

An opportunity did avail itself, but it was not yours.

You move, Chain Axe at the ready, but your weak, fleshy legs fail you. Your plan had been to move under the giant's swing and attempt to damage its arm, but that has failed.

As your legs churn under you, the goliath notices your sudden movement and swings for you, hitting you as hard as an Imperial Train full of Leman Russes. The impact catches you on your left shoulder, and it is only due to your armor that you retain the arm, but it most assuredly broken beyond use. Perhaps you should use this victory to replace your skeleton?

You turn your knock into a roll, moving out of the way of the bulky combatant.

You are now behind both Servitors, closer to the two disabled ones.

Your left arm is no longer functioning, and the pain is excruciating now that you have a moment to breathe.

The pain screams through your flesh-and-blood body, alighting every nerve, screaming at you to forfeit, quit, anything to remove this burden from your mind.

Failure is not an option for you, however. You have gained too much attention from those watching, and to give up now would harm your reputation in ways that cannot be recovered from.

You hear the lenses around the ring focus on you and your broken left arm and shoulder.

DECISION TO SHOOT OFFENDING SERVITOR IN ORDER TO ELIMINATE HIS MOBILITY.

Roll 3d10+-1 (+2 from Calculus Logi, -3 from Shooting One-Handed) vs. DC 19 (Base 15, +1 Advanced Servitor, +3 from Subdermal Armor)

Links for Utility:

Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Tech-Priest%20Quest

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheEmperor1234
>>
>>751545
3d10-1 vs a DC of 19
We're fucked, albeit deservedly so.
Can we kneel down and brace our gun on the dead servitor to remove the onehanded penalty?
>>
Rolled 9, 10, 2 + 1 = 22 (3d10 + 1)

>>751545
Okay.
>>
>>751619
And with that above average result can no one else roll
>>
>>751632
Please roll 3d10+-1
>>
Rolled 3, 9, 10 - 1 = 21 (3d10 - 1)

>>751637
I'm a big guy for you.
>>
>>751637
If I can remember how on my phone
>>
File: Hydra AA.png (1MB, 1000x1379px) Image search: [Google]
Hydra AA.png
1MB, 1000x1379px
Gonna call it there, writing for a SUCCESS CLEARED
>>
Numbing your mind to the agony in your left arm, you raise your Hand Cannon in your right hand, the heft of the weapon making itself known to your synthetic muscles.

You aim as carefully as you can, lining up on the knee joint of the servitor that hit you to try and make it immobile. Your arm holds steady, and you pull the trigger, sending the heavy bullet screaming towards the servitor.

The projectile hits the servitor exactly where you wanted it to, and the hulking cyborg collapses down onto its good knee, still watching you with the lenses in its head.

The servitor is effectively out of the fight, as far as you can tell, but what will you do now?

You could kill it now, but that would give the other one more time to advance upon where you are.

As the options flash through your head, you notice the other servitor lumbering towards you, blade arms held at the ready to tear your body into a non-functioning mess of flesh and blood.

>Shoot something. (Specify what.)

>Chop something. (Specify what.)

>Move. (Where?)

>Write-in
>>
>>751721
>>Move. (Where?)
Back up. Get out of range, by the Omnissiah.
>>
>>751721
Use the calculus logi to estimate the speed and path of the second servitor - if we have time fire a shot towards its knees, otherwise back up and reposition ourselves
>>
>>751721

>Move out of range. Try for a repeat.
>>
>>751721
Use our calculus logi to plot out a path that avoids both the still pursuing servitor and the downed but still melee capable servitor

We run loops around while taking pot shots at the still pursuing servitor when we can
>>
How bout we use calculus logi and attempt to throw our chain axe to disable it then we can finish both servitor off with our hand cannon
>>
>>751774
This. Run like hell.
>>
>>752466
This
>>
>>752466
>>752478
We have only one working arm and if we fail to disable it it may use the time we didn't spend running to catch up with us and murder rape us
>>
>>752482
Running away won't exactly do much for us beside prolonging the battle. Plus, this being a combat servitor I would assume it has some sort of self-repair function.
>>
>>751721
Cap another knee
>>
>>752487
On the one coming for us.
>>
>>752485
So far we've shown that we're faster than it and that getting within range nearly killed us in one hit - clearly we want to use range as an advantage
>>
>>752767
I said "throw" the chain-axe. Not hit the servitor with it. The roll for this should be easier than the hand cannon.
>>
>>752466
This plan of yours will not work my son. Due to the way a Chainsaw Axe works, you have to apply pressure continuously as you try to cut a piece of wood your enemy in twain, throwing a Chain Axe would do little to no damage to these servitors.
>>
Will not be running today, need to study for calculus because grades are due next week.

>inb4 lol HS
>>
>>753866
Welp

Someone get Lorgar in here cause looks like our god has abandoned us
>>
File: Magnus the Red.jpg (251KB, 750x604px) Image search: [Google]
Magnus the Red.jpg
251KB, 750x604px
>>754964
Not abandoned, my son, I am merely away, working on other projects.
>>
>>755079
Don't you worry Father, the show will go on... huehuehue.
>>
>>753720
Aren't we throwing it to try and hit the servitor?

One handed throwing a big mechnical two handed axe in the hopes of slowing down the construct?

If it hits wrong it just bounces off

And if we do that we have nothing t parry with if they do get in range
>>
>>751721
Shoot the last Serv standing. Aim between the shoulders - the Handcannon will obliberate the spine and even tear the head off. (Observations on the other servitors support this theory.)
>>
>>756036
Supporting this
>>
>>756036
This
>>
>>756036
>>756211
>>756233
If he isn't killed in one shot then he will close with us and we die

If we back off, then we can take as much time as we need and we'll be fine

Only the small servitors were killed in one shot, the big ones ere not
>>
>>756427
The big one didn't die because the shot was aimed at his mobility, not his residual brain. And the PC's fleshy legs have already failed him once.

Time to be a true servant of the Emperor and Omnissiah and make a stand.
>>
>>756837
Why do that before we have to?

The Omnissiah demands cold logic, not meatsack emotionalism
>>
>>757005
Cold, hard logic dictates that
>ending this fight here and now with a method we have already successfully employed
has a better chance of happening than
>ending the fight relying on techniques which have cost us the use of our arm
and should thus be preferred.

The flesh is weak and wants to run, Anon. The machine prevails.
>>
>>759208
And so far we've only hit because we've consistently been lucky.

I'm all for snapping off a shot if our calculus logi says we have time, but otherwise we back the fuck up
>>
>>759208
We have been lucky with our rolls - if we miss then we are dead

Alternatively, we can back up and take shots at leizure to ensure victory. Seeing as we have no time limit and no pressing errands, it is clearly more logical to sacrifice time to avoid risk

You are attempting to put us into a do or die situation when it is by no means necessary - not at all logical
>>
>>759438
>>759443
And again, I can only repeat what we could observe so far. Risky shots=success, any try to move=failure and injury. I remain firmly with "shoot the sucker and end it now."
>>
>>760870
We only got hit because we tried to move and hit at the same time while TWO servitors were closing in on us

As to the rest you've fallen for something akin to the gamblers fallacy
>>
>>760870
The only time we tried to move was also the only time we let ourselves get into melee range with one of these beasts and that left us down an arm. I'm voting against letting them close to melee range again, theconsequnces of missing are too damn high.
>>
Shit's ded senpai, where is everyone?
>>
>>773133
Busy weekend for me.
>>
waitingskeleton.jpg
>>
The emperor has abandoned us

HAIL TZEENTCH, CHANGER OF WAYS!
>>
>>781191
This is exactly the sort of abandonment that starts Heresies.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.