[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dorne Quest .99

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 1476757545679s.jpg (8KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1476757545679s.jpg
8KB, 249x249px
Working overtime prevented me from properly updating this. Sorry guys.

The race is fast paced. Orics are fast creatures. It gets to it's stride quickly and makes for the shadow of the Volcano, towards where they live. A few moments later the dogs race towards it. Dorne Hounds are not the fastest hounds in all of the seven kingdoms. However they are the most persistent fast dogs, and have the endurance to track anything at speed.

All the nobby nobles are lined up to see the race. Some that you didn't see earlier are present now. Redwynes, A Stark or two, and various other houses that honestly have no business in dorne. However, they come here for the gambling, the dog trading, the horse trading, and the excitement. Also the tournament the week later.

The race lead starts with the hounds neck and neck. Races like this often start with the hounds close.

Brutus is a mighty hound for a Dorne hound. Melly's hound Alonzo gets a lead. This doesn't last long. Audry is fast. You raised her by hand just like Missy. But unlike Missy, Audry is as fast as she is clever.

Orics are mighty beasts that are as fast as they are clever. And Audry is the smartest dog in all of Dorne. She passes the mighty Brutus and the quick Alonzo as the Oric turns. Audry the faster of the dogs and grabs the Oric by the neck and drags it down. Brutus tails behind and helps pull it down.

End score

Alonzo 11
Brutus 16
Oric 11

Audry 18

>> Great success

There is cheering when the Oric is caught. Some are looking at it with far eyes, but your vision is good enough to see it. You see the tell tale sign of the nobles exchanging money and favors.

Audry comes back dragging the prize of her kill with her. The dog drops it at your feet and sits down. You pull out a small bit of jerky and put it on Audry's nose as it balances. She does the neat little trick you taught her and snacks on the jerky.

Stang and Redmont walk over to you and shake hand.

"It was a good race Conder." Ser pate says. "You trained your hound well." He says.

>> Be a gracious winner.
>> Rub it in, but just a little.
>> Lord it over Melly.
>> Ask if this means if you are hosting the tournament next week.

Roll a me three d6.
>>
>>747893
>> Be a gracious winner.

Glad that this Quest is back.
>>
Rolled 3, 4, 5 = 12 (3d6)

>>747893
> be a gracious winner
I'm thinking we are in a new position of authority and are taking extra care to act professionally.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d6)

>>747893
Oh, like this then?
>>
Rolled 4, 1, 3 = 8 (3d6)

>>747893
>Be a gracious winner.
>>
... Well I know where improvaizen's luck went.

12 obtained
6 needed

I believe this is critical success.

"I couldn't have done it had I not had good friends teach me how to race and my competition was excellent." You say.

Melly, as she has gone by for ages comes up up to you and playfully hits you in the shoulder. "Alonzo had bad footing." She says with a smirk. "But Audry is one of the fastest Dorne Hounds I have ever seen." She says petting your dog. "A beautiful specimen." She says not looking at the dog but at you her green eyes shining at you. "Perhaps I need to find a hound like her for Alonzo." She says to you as Audry gives her paw to Elvira.

> You are now on good terms with Elvira-Melissandre Stang
> Elvira-Melissandre Stang is now attracted to you

Alexi walks up to you chatting with Daeron and Aelanna Brightforge. The three of them are talking like old friends, one of Alexis better gifts, is being able to befriend anyone. Which is terrifying considering he is the families assassin.

"You- Prince Conder, have won me 10 gold dragons this day." Prince Daeron says. "I have seen enough and heard enough of your behavior. I have some friends who have came with me and some others came as well. We heard you have a tournament planned in the coming weeks." He says.

Which reminds you. Oh gods the tournament. The expensive boondogle of the region. It's your year to host it. You smile as Ser Pate gives you a look of concern.

"Well I will let you know, that the crown shall pay for your tourney. On one condition." He says. This is fortunate news. Grand news even. Almost as good as the news of the return from Valyeria.

"I shall host it- however I must hold audience, with your father and Ser Gendry tonight." He says. "I am sure you can accomidate us."

> You are now friends with Prince Dareon Targareyn

"I am sure he will. However, my father has expected a private audience with me tonight." You say, "We have an entire townhouse that you can use and if you wish you can spend your time there, as well as our house of course, but realize my father may be surprised at all of this, so I have no real idea of how your meeting will go." You say, trying to figure out how you are going to work this new gift out.

"Young Condor." Aelanna says. "Some of the nobles wish to talk to you." She says in a formal tone. "However, I warn you, one of them has a bit of a complicated relationship with-" the Prince looks at you "My former fiance, is here, and I am fairly certain she is not interested in hound races." Dareon says. "Good luck." He says with a smile.

>> Go visit with her, what could go wrong! Roll 3d6
>> Ask Alexi to accompany to accompany you to it, see if he learned anything important.
>> Ask them to accompany you back to the castle, it is time for a celebration after all.
>> Ask the prince if you know what she could possibly have on her mind
>> Write in- This is your story.
>>
Rolled 6, 6, 6 = 18 (3d6)

>>748307
Dude, I think you need to proof read your writing for clarity. What is going on in that last paragraph? And who and what are the "her"s and "it"s referred to in the options?

> Go visit her, what could go wrong?
I'm assuming this is to follow up on what Aelanna never finished saying, but isn't she right there?
>>
>>748382
I really do. Sorry about that. I was writing up this last night dead tired.

-> Last paragraph, Prince Dareon is talking about his former betrothed Oleanna Redwyne, who would like to talk with the protagonist, for who knows what reason, and Dareon is trying to warn you.

Earlier- Dareon is suggesting that if you allow him to talk to your father he will pay for the annual tournament that you have the honor of hosting. Additionally you are offering use of a townhouse for Dareon or the Castle while he is in the region.

And yes that is a follow up option. I will clarify.

>> Just go talk to Olenna Redwyne, because why not. Roll 3d6
>> Maybe you should have Alexi accompany you to go talk to her, you can also pump him for information.
>> Ask Olenna, Dareon, and everyone else noteworthy to accompany you back to the castle to celebrate the race and new friendship.
>> Ask the Targ what she would actually want to talk to you about.
or
>> Write in, because lets be honest senpai I didn't make rent money selling sci-fi or fantasy novels when I was underemployed.
>>
>>748413
Tell everyone that Alexi will lead them to the castle to get the party started. We will join them after a chat with Oleanna. Because I rolled the beast's number so we have to go see her now.
>>
>>748382
>>748489
True you did get a perfect roll. I however do want to make sure that everyone understands what is about to happen.
>>
>>748382
>>748489
also holy shit this improvaizen with stupid fucking insane luck on the weirdest shit again.
>>
Rolled 3, 1, 6 = 10 (3d6)

>>748307
>> Go visit with her, what could go wrong! Roll 3d6
>> Ask Alexi to accompany to accompany you to it, see if he learned anything important.

Nice we're friends with the Prince.

>>748382
>6,6,6
w-w-who did you sacrifice Anon
>>
>>748489
support
>>
You have Alexi tag along with you as you go and talk to Olenna Redwyne. Which you realize was probably a good idea, because your countries are not really on the best of terms. As you two walk towards the Redwyne region Alexi looks over to you.

"Ced, as I was talking to some of the other people around here, I heard a disturbing rumor." He says.

"What is that?" You say looking at him as you walk up to the Redwyne tent with a decent amount of swagger and confidence.

"The Black Rider, was spotted last night." He says causing the mood to turn dark. The black rider of the Volcano, is a mystery knight. They are the eternal guardian of the ruin of the volcano and not to be trifled with. They wield a terrible fiery valeryian steel scythe, and ride on a black steed that matches their jet black armor. But what is terrifying is the helm. The helm of the rider changes over the generations, but is often described as a terrible skull, that is often somehow on fire, and with ancient markings upon it that glow red. None who see the rider live. None save your father. Your father fought off the rider when you were much younger. The fight was the most impressive you have ever seen in your voice. And you will never forget the voice of the rider.

This goes through your mind as you arrive at the Redwyne tent. Then you see her as she is observing your thoughts. "What pray tell, in all the heavens can make a man who just won that sort of race have such a worried appearance?" She says.

"Well my lady, a proper lord doesn't relish in victory too long, it is not intelligent and with the nature of this land, there is always a manner to attend to. Currently my attention is now drawn to you." You say causing her to give a slight grin.

"Well, you seem more clever than your average houndmaster young Conder. I am glad I have your attention as I have a request or two for you, but I would like to know-- what has darkened your expression so?" She asks you. Olenna Redwyne, legendary for her wit, is trying to figure you out. Your not sure if you should be impressed or worried.

>> Be honest and Candid. "Well my lady, there is a mystery rider who was spotted yesterday that is normally an ill omen." Roll 3 d6

>> Counter question. "I am mostly worried about what in the blazes does the lady of the arbor want with the current heir of conder." Roll 2d6

>> Humor. "My lady, I am in good spirits of your arrival and your request for my audience, as a result I will not bore you with the minutia of the goings on of the red mountains and the superstitions of dirt farmers." 3d6

>> Honesty disguised as sarcasm. "There is a supposedly immortal black rider that has been spotted riding around in my lands. He tends to be a harbinger of bad things." 3d6

>> MYSTERY BOX OF THRONES (Roll 1D6 and pray to the seven, the red god, the old gods, and the many faced god you don't roll a 1)
>>
Rolled 2, 4 = 6 (2d6)

>>752204
>>> Counter question. "I am mostly worried about what in the blazes does the lady of the arbor want with the current heir of conder." Roll 2d6
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

>>752204
>MYSTERY BOX OF THRONES
MAY THE SEVEN BRING GLORY!
>>
Rolled 2, 5, 3 = 10 (3d6)

>>752204
>> Humor. "My lady, I am in good spirits of your arrival and your request for my audience, as a result I will not bore you with the minutia of the goings on of the red mountains and the superstitions of dirt farmers."
>>
Rolled 1, 3, 3 = 7 (3d6)

>>752204
> Humor...
>>
>>752204
>> MYSTERY BOX OF THRONES (Roll 1D6 and pray to the seven, the red god, the old gods, and the many faced god you don't roll a 1)
>>
Huh. The most successful one is the crit on the mystery box which was unlocked by your 18 roll.

Basically here is what it looks like

Counter Question: Mild success.
Humor: Failure.
Mystery Box: Success!
>>
>>756000

"... There is a spooooookkyy ghost rider who haunts the hills and it's supposedly in the area!" You say in a goofy voice "that and I have business with my father and your ex all that the same time tonight. Which honestly is something that should not be." You say this causes the lady to laugh and smile.

"I heard you were clever." She says. "Tell me though, how true is the myth of the ghost rider?" She asks.

"Actually we call it the black rider. And it was spotted, I think it is just a group of bandits trying to scare people into extortion." You say honestly, knowing that your father fought and won against the black rider many years ago.

"So you actually do have cause for concern, but you make light of the superstition. Why?" She asks again.

"My lady, I do not believe that lady of thorns of the arbor would think highly of a house that believes in peasant superstitions." You say and she raises an eyebrow.

"You do not think I take stories like that seriously?" She asks "You think I am all beauty and no brains?" She asks.

"On the contrary. I know you are as intelligent as you are beautiful- but you're not a local, and unless you have seen it as I have the Rider seems little more than something to scare off others." You say causing her to give an interesting look to you.

"You saw said rider?" She asks.

"As a child my father slew them. I saw it the day before and told my father. So I know this is not the same rider, but merely some ass in armor who thinks himself a lord who is scaring the small folk. Not a worry for you my lady, but a worry for myself who has to care for his house and his small folk." You say to her.

"So you are smart, funny and not oafish, may I ask of you a question?" She asks and you laugh knowing the question before she asks it. "Why are you laughing young prince?" She asks you.

"Because my lady, you may stay as I am sure you are want to ask, I am just wondering how I am going to acommidate to such a night as this." You say and she grins.

"You are intelligent, you will figure it out. Also that drink that they use to polish swords, I would like to try it." She says You pass her your flask and she drinks of it. She does not wince.

"Could be nice if it was served cold or perhaps with other things." She says. "It is on occasion served with fruit." You say and she nods .

> You are now friendly with Olenna Redwyne
> Romantic interest "The Noble" discovered
> Olenna Redwyne is interested in you.

You have a lot to do tonight prince.
Pick one of each.

Cat 1
>> Go talk with some of the other nobles quickly
>> Go talk to the gathered small folk
>> Go talk to your friends
>> Go talk to the gathered soldiers who are doing their duty

Cat 2
>> Tell Alexi to ready the house, for your return
>> Tell Alexi to have Ser Gendry ready your town house
>> Tell Alexi to pull guard duty/ intelligence gathering detail until departure
>>
>>763914
And my program ate part of the conversation.

"That and I have business with m father and your ex fiancée "

"As a child my father slew the*rider"

Options continued

Cat 3

>> Tell Olenna she will be staying at the townhouse
>> Tell Daeron he will be staying at the townhouse
>> Tell both of them you will be staying at the townhouse yourself after you deal with your fathers issue (Once again a night with little sleep for you)
>> Ask Alexi for advice on this issue.
>>
And keeping this alive until tomorrow
>>
Cat 1
> talk to the small folk
Cat 2
>> tell Alexi to pull guard duty intelligence detail
Cat 3
>> Ask Alexi for advice
>>
>>763914
>Go talk to the gathered small folk
> Tell Alexi to pull guard duty/ intelligence gathering detail until departure
> Ask Alexi for advice on this issue.
>>
>>775525
>>774784
>>774794
So it looks like this is the desired result.
>>
"Alexi, I have no idea what to do with the housing arrangements." You say and your friend chuckles slightly. Alexi, wise beyond his years, looks over and looks around

"Here is what you do Ced, let Daeron have your room as a polite gesture, give your mothers old suite to Olenna, use my room for yourself, and we use the townhouse for other local dignitaries. I will finally get to spend my night under the stars in this wonderful weather." He says sighing.

"Could you also do" You look around.

"My usual tasks of gathering information and preventing anyone from doing anything stupid?" He says with a smile. "Gladly." He says.

You walk over to the gathered small folk. Some of them seem concerned. "Prince Conder." A farmer says. "That was a good show you had earlier with Audry." He says.

"Well thank you." You ask.

"You are as good at hound racing as you are decisive." The farmer says. The seem concerned. And want something.

"We have heard rumors of the Black Rider." One of the farmers has stated. "We do not know that." Another farmer says. "My wine has been bedeviled by the visit of the Black Rider!" Says one farmer.

"Bedeviled wine? Everyone knows your white wine is terrible, don't use the black rider as an excuse for it." You say and some of the farmers chuckle.

"I actually mean it the wine has been acting strangely, it bubbles and the taste has changed!" He says. And you sigh.

"Fine, bring me a barrel of this 'bedeviled wine' and if it is what you say it is I will purchase back the stock of if that has been 'bedeviled' by the rider. Then I will go out and personally deal with the rider myself." You say in a bold tone. Which causes a bit of commotion amongst the farmers.

"You are a just young man Cedrick Conder." One of the farmers says.

"I shall bring my stock with me tonight at the celebration." The farmer says causing you to realize that the small folk is always present at the castle the night after the race. This makes for complications. You beckon the farmer.

"Here is a gold dragon for your stocks." You say causing the farmer to give a suspicious look.
"And you will receive another one to help replenish your stocks tonight if you are not a liar." You say and he nods and he walks off.

You go and talk to the other nobles about the current housing arrangements. After some discussions, which actually turns out Alexi was right again, everyone seems pleased. You ride off towards the castle with the nobles and small folk in tow. The ride is hard and fast, but you know, once the ride is over- the real work of the day will begin.

You also have to explain to your father why you spent two dragons of your discretionary prize fund, on 'bedeviled wine.' That will be fun. Not too mention your dicussion with him tonight. And the Targ audience.

This is going to be a long night. You swig some Malort and continue off towards the castle.

DORNE QUEST: CHAPTER 0 completed
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.