[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Missing-nin Quest #1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 8

File: Missing Nin Quest.png (3MB, 1915x1076px) Image search: [Google]
Missing Nin Quest.png
3MB, 1915x1076px
Set in the world of Naruto but not entirely as you know it you take control of a former villager of Sunagakure, the village hidden by sand.

The Quest will utilise a D100 system, crits will be in place. A 100 will grant a bonus to the character, this can be access to or an improvement to a jutsu or a trait which will apply +x to certain rolls depending on circumstances.

I will be including "Anime Points" basically they are the excuse for BS asspulls in the quest that fill naruto canon. Like any other fate/destiny system you can reroll a fail, make a pass a crit or reduce a critical fail to a regular fail. The max is 3 and you get one naturally at the start of every session, they will also be awarded for stuff I think is cool or interesting.

Be gentle /qst/
>>
>>728217
Might've been better to explain mechanics in a second post, because this is what people see in the catalog overview...
>>
>>728217
We can play as Gaara.
>>
You wake up excited you cant help it, why woudnt you be? Today is the day the Kazekage is coming to your district looking for recruits. This could be a chance to start earning money for your family. Your small family shop survives by selling military equipment to the army but recently they have been taking equipment for free, you cant blame them all things considered. The recent One Tails attacks have really taken its toll on local resources. Your family survives but you wont be sitting comfortably again for a long time if this doesn't stop soon.

As you walk downstairs to the shop floor you see your father, a frail looking man with long hair looking at you with a stern expression. "I have a gift for you boy. With us being so sparse on resources saving this was a stupid decision on my part but if you want to become a shinobi you have to know what your working with. The Kazekage isn't likely to recruit people like us unless we have something special."

He pulls out a sheet of chakra paper, highly valuable the Kazekage has been stockpiling it in hopes of looking for ninja with unique talents. He's refusing to mass produce ninja like the ways of the past he's after quality nowadays and unique abilities are highly sought after.

>Roll me a D10 for result
>Whats your name?

>Thank your father sincerely
>Ask him if theirs anything else he can give you
>Dont say anything
>write in
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>728230
>boy
Chihaya
>>
Jhonen Aomine

Thank your father
>>
>>728254
Rolled 8 (1d10) btw
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>728230
Gaara.
>Dont say anything
>>
Just gonna wait for a bit more of a name consensus, you can include surname.

>>728262
No Gaara anon
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>728230
I can't think of names worth a shit
>>
>>728275
Nagato or Haku then.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>728230
Takumi

>>
>>728299
>Takumi
Sounds good!
>>
>>728299
>>728301
I'll take it!
and being polite it is
>Writing
>>
"Thank you father, I know it must have been a struggle sparing this. Hopefully the result is worth it."

You begin to pour chakra through your hand into the paper you cling to. Nothing happens. It doesnt drip like water, crumple like lightning, ignite like fire. Some people are never capable of bringing their chakra out properly. This is devastating.

As you look at the paper with frustration you are startled by a kunei flying right through it pinning it against the wall.

Your father does nothing but laugh at the result

"Takumi-nii that was so cool! Your like the Kazekage he can move stuff too! Again! Again! Again!"

Your young sister runs over to the paper and after several attempts to try and unpin it to the wall she gets it free and brings it back to you.

>How do you react?
>1d100 to try again
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>728321
>>>How do you react?
Happy. I'm going to become the Hokage!
>>
Rolled 96 (1d100)

>>728321
Wait magnetism? Cool.
>I'm not sure what happened let me try again.
>>
Rolled 79 (1d100)

>>728321
This is cool.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

Pouring chakra into the paper once again you cant help but feel excited, this could mean big things for you and your family. The same release as the Kazekage could be a fast track to becoming a shinobi and with it a wage.

After channelling for a few seconds you look to the assorted weapons hung up on the walls and there's no movement at all. You push harder and there's still nothing.

"Dont worry boy this could take practice and we dont know how much releasing the magnetism in the first place took it out of you. I'll put the paper away and we can try later." Your father reaches over to you with his hand open and as you drop it on his hands his arm is forced to the ground as if you'd dropped an incredible heavy weight onto him.

He's gasping on the floor in pain and you scramble to pick up the paper again it feels light as a feather. This release is definitely odd.

Kasai looks at you with admiration, right now you may as well be a super hero. Your father however fakes a smile as he's getting back up, that must have hurt him.

>You want to say anything before short skip to showing off to the Kazekage?

First thread will go through time pretty quickly as a set up for missin-nin shenanigans next time
>>
>>728366
I guess apologize to father if he was hurt just now and say we will make it up to him once we start making money for the family
>>
>>728366
Apologize to dad.

Do you have twitter OP so we can see when the next thread is?
>>
>>728393
I'll set one up post thread, these things last forever anyway so i got time.
>>
File: 3052416-303ifed.jpg (47KB, 516x466px) Image search: [Google]
3052416-303ifed.jpg
47KB, 516x466px
After helping your father to his feet and a quick apology he ushers you to go have a meal while you wait for the Kage's arrival so your ready to show him what you can do.

It's time, the reigning Kazekage Rasa walks through the street with a group of elite ninja surrounding him, each handing out sheets of chakra paper to the swarm of people around him, all wishing they where special all wishing he would pick them and they wouldnt have to worry about all the shortages going around.

Wave after wave of people reach for the paper with nothing happening, basic elements arent even enough anymore unless deemed powerful enough. He hasnt seen anybody worthwhile yet but thats about to change.

You stand several feet away from the crowd surrounding Rasa, he wont get through all these people and you know it so you have to show him now, time to be flashy.

You lift your chakra paper into the air and channel as much chakra as you can physically muster, sweat drips off you and before you can see a results you fall to the ground exhausted. Looking up you can see the sea of people split for Rasa "Come with me".
>>
>>728437
>"Come with me"
Time to join the elite ninjas with our super-power!
>>
>>728482
Until something happens and we go rogue. Unless Missing-nin in the title means we're hunting them.
>>
File: Gaara_lost_control.png (1MB, 1914x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Gaara_lost_control.png
1MB, 1914x1080px
Over the coming week Rasa teaches you about your release, although similar to his it bears a striking difference. He controls magnetism and has fine manipulation of metals you have more powerful but less refined movements involved and you aren't limited to metals. He calls it Gravity Release and praises it as it heavily negates the effects of his own release. You dont learn much over the week other than how to express it in the form of a strong pull towards you and a strong push away. He believes you have only scratched the surface but for now he has a mission for you, complete it and he promises you riches.

"I know you care for your family Takumi, I know the struggle of my people and I know that yours struggles all too well. I want to give you a way out, a way to secure their futures. I have a mission that only you can do."

You stand up sternly showing you are ready to hear about this mission.

"Shukaku, the demon that reaps the land we live on is in fact a villager. We contained the demon within one of our own in order to keep our nation powerful. The host is weak and the beast is being let free far too often, every attempt I have had to have him assassinated has been fruitless. I myself cannot do it but your release may help you. With success you become my right hand and with that your family will be kept safe and they will want for nothing. What do you say Takumi? "

"Yes Kazekage."
>>
It's the night of your mission, your target the Jinchuuriki of Shukaku. You dont know what he looks like but Lord Kage said he'd be on the roof of a building at midnight.

You hide on the roof for hours awaiting the man that controls the demon, your honestly scared. That beast has killed hundreds, if not for Rasa he would have destroyed the entire village.

As the moon shines at its highest you see a door open and from it emerges a young boy your sisters age. This cant be the....Jinchuuriki can it?

>You have to kill him it's part of the mission
>It cant be right, talk to him, say what?
>Write in
>>
>>728555
>>It cant be right, talk to him, say what?
>Hi nice to meet you, I'm Takumi. What's your name
Left go missing nin with Gaara
>>
>>728555
"You, chibi! Where's that sand demon? He should live around here."

Either kill Gaara or make him our ally to take control of the village?
>>
>>728555
>You have to kill him it's part of the mission
We will dirty our hands for our family's sake
>>
>>728555
Boy, what are you doing here this late at night, what is your name, where are your parents?
>>
What if we went and joined up with Zabuza and Haku when we betray?
>>
>>728580
We're going to use Gaara to conquer everything, "Kneel or Gaara will skin you alive!" Muahahaha!
>>
>>728555
>>It cant be right, talk to him, say what?

Yo kid, what are doing here? There's a dangerous monster lurking this place
>>
>>728580
I think they'd kill us.
>>728585
We shouldn't use Gaara like that. Gaara at least this young, is for protecting and understanding.
>>
>>728592
Zabuza spends all of his time searching for strong fighters to kill the Mizukage, he'll take us in a heart beat
>>
>>728594
>searching for strong fighters to kill the Mizukage
True, but our development from discovery, education of use power, to the kill mission... well, sounds like he doesn't expect us to survive this.
>>
Talking to the kid wins

>Writing
>>
>>728605
Its because we hard counter him, he said it above
>>
File: 20t_14.gif (81KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
20t_14.gif
81KB, 300x300px
"Hey chibi! What's your name and what are you doing out here so late?"

The young boy looks at you with a gloomy inexpressive face "I'm Gaara and I cant sleep, not allowed to sleep anymore. Dads still angry about the last time I slept."

What. You walk to a space and sit on the ledge opposite the child. "Why can't you go to sleep? Doesnt sound like your old mans very nice and If i see you again i'll try and help you out but for now im waiting on a Jinchuuriki and if i see him you shouldn't be out here."

Gaara looks up from the ground and looks you in the eyes, "They call me that sometimes, why are you waiting for me?"

>Response?
>>
>>728626
>I was told to play with him for the night
>Play with him to get him to trust you and when he does then comes out the knife
>>
>>728626
>>>Response?
"Really, you're him? Thought you would be taller... and older. There's a bounty on your head. I don't bully kids, though. And you look weak."
>>
>>728639
>get him to trust you
Yes, control Gaara, control everything, become Master of All!
>>
>>728626
>I...uh, was told to kill him.
>...still...I wasn't expecting a kid, would you like some ice cream instead?
>No tricks
Big bro/non-shit male role model missing nin a gogo.
>>
>Hanging out wins

For one reason or another anyway
>>
>>728626
Changing my response
I am waiting for you, the Kazekage sent me here to kill you but I don't think I can. I have a sister your age and I wouldn't be able to look her in the face again if I did that. How about we do something fun instead?
>>
>>728660
>male role model
Gang leader! Protection money! Don't want to pay up? Meet my friend, Gaara.
>>
>>728626

Act shocked. You would expect the beast to be sealed within scum, considering he killed a lot of people, but just a kid?

Feel how your sense of morality crumbles as you are divided between becoming the murderer of an innocent kid, or obeying your lord.

Then decide to ask him to take you with his father to learn about his story and if we can find a solution that doesn't involve the murder of children
>>
Your stunned, this scared little kids the monster that almost destroyed your home. He's your sisters age you cant kill someone that young, he doesnt seem like a bad kid.

"Well Gaara I thought you'd be a bit different if I'm honest."

He looks at you with a shred of fear in his eyes.

"But that doesnt matter now, how about we play a little something? My sister Kasai loves this game although if pretty sure she cheats....somehow."

Gaara smiles and for the next few hours you play with him, Rock-Paper-Scissors to start and then after finding a ball the real fun begins. The young boy laughs and smiles the whole time. Seems like he needed this and thats rather upsetting actually.
>>
>>728709
God damn it I want to protect that smile
>>
File: 298905.jpg (25KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
298905.jpg
25KB, 225x350px
"I asked you to assassinate him and I come out to find you playing tag. This ends tonight, either you do your duty or you die alongside him."

Gaara looks up looking physically afraid "D....Dad"

>Response
>Attack Gaara
>Write in
>>
>>728727
>Response
>>
>>728731
Write a response you autist, don't just quote the prompt
>>
>>728727
>Stand between him and Gaara
I won't kill a child even if he has a demon in him. I'll defend him to my last breath.
>>
>>728727
"You didn't tell me, he would be this young. I don't kill kids. To die... I don't think so. I should rule. And my new bff Gaara can make sure people stay in line."
>>
>>728727
>Attack Gaara
>Response
>You better give us back up, killing a demon is hard work
Lets not play the same goodie twoshoes we do every naruto quest
>>
>>728743
>defend him to my last breath
We better win or our family is toast. We should get Gaara to kill him for us.
>>
>>728751
>goodie twoshoes
Well, imo Gaara is too interesting a character to kill. I would prefer him helping us to be the Boss - kill our enemies and all that.
>>
>>728727
>Kidnap Garra

FLEEEEEEE
>>
File: tegaki.png (7KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
7KB, 400x400px
"I'm not killing a kid Lord Kage, you wouldn't tell me he was this young because you knew I wouldnt do it. I cant."

"Well then Takeshi you have failed your village, I'm glad I didnt waste too much time on you."

He begins swarming gold into the air ready to attack you, Gaara is shaking in the background murmuring to himself.

Even with your release you could only nullify small amounts at a time, this is the end. The gold flakes pierce your chest and you feel as if your body is being strangled, weakness envelopes you and everything fades to black.
>>
>>728831
Good we made a stupid choice, glad you aren't pulling punches qm
>>
>>728831

RIP Takeshi, may your sister become a ruthless ninja who actually obeys orders to assist your dad, who must be very disappoited with you.
>>
>>728831
Oh well, should of ran.
>>
And THAT No Country is how its done

:^)
>>
So time for a new character gen? How about this time we do a Mist Ninja
>>
Kek I'm not sure what you fags were expecting to happen
>>
>>728928
They thought tell the Kazekage to fuck off was a good idea, it wasn't
>>
I bet this will have dire consequences for the world, as Gaara most likely will awaken to assholely earlier due the death of the only guy who tried to be nice with him, maybe even become the monster we were ordered to kill, ironically born from MC's attempts to defend him.
>>
>>728831
>>728892
That is some shit-tier QMing there senpai.
>>
>>728939
You mean letting bad choices have effects?
>>
>>728939
I think this was mostly a joke seeing as he mentioned country and posted :^)

Or it's not meaning we made a shit decision and should have just picked him up and ran away
>>
>>728939
Because he didn't stop you guys from making objectively bad decisions?
>>
>>728939

Now now, he didn't mention that instant death by overpowered impossible boss battle was a thing but that's not reason to insult him, althought with the quest being called MISSING-NIN, one would assume that defying the kage was the thing to do instead of becoming a loyal ninja.
>>
>>728941
>>728961
No, by all means let bad choices have consequences but to tank the entire story on the first thread after allowing the players to write in a response to the kage telling them to kill is bad writing. You have Gaara here who could have flipped his shit when he realised dad was going to kill us, the Kage could have sealed our chakra and banished us, we could have been punished in other ways. Etc etc.

Just going "rocks fall, everyone dies" because of a dumb choice in the first thread is the mark of a poor QM.

>>728953
>Implying we could outrun the Kage
>>
>>728953
I'm pretty sure we were fucked as soon as you guys decided to betray Rasa
>>
>>728967
He told us either we killed him or he killed us, he didn't throw any surprises on us
>>
>>728967
>This ends tonight, either you do your duty or you die alongside him."
lol yeah that was such an unfair consequence I was totally blindsided
>>
>>728979
>>728972
All I'm saying is that dumping a quest due to a stupid choice that the QM allowed to happen (one that thematically fit the quest I might add) in the very first thread is shitty QMing.
>>
>>728892
>how to be a shitty QM 101.
>>
To be fair, it is kinda like railroading when there's only one choice that doesn't lead to death, and I bet that attacking Gaara would've led to death anyways, considering he has a perma-active defense
>>
>>729008
Probably should have ran when he gave us the job. I hope the qm will actually give a real try at this
>>
>>728969
I didn't actually vote for anything

But in a way we were fucked as soon as we took the mission

Garaa would be able to insta kill us bscause perfect defense active at all times
We would have to either out fight or out run a kage and good luck doing that

Or we could have ran away which made no sense at the moment

It was just a shitty situation pushed on to us and we could do nothing about it
>>
>>729044
Yea we were pidgeonhold into a scenario, no problem with that. But then when we tried to develope our character the way we wanted to end up a missing nin we just get insta-deathed. Our character was just a kid no? Not a anbu op or something, it makes sense how we acted.
>>
>>730307
The problem isn't that we were pidgeon holed it's that no matter what we did we would have died in the situation

I sure hope this wasn't some long,played out,elaborate shit post just to make fun of a QM op thought was a hack
>>
Probably doesn't mean anything at this point, but can we use an anime point to continue? Despite the quest's... eccentricities, I think it has potential.

Besides, I don't think you have to be specifically ruthless at this stage. I thought this situation would be a great way to develop the MC, imo.
>>
>>728987
>thematically fit the quest
>first thread, and he explicitly states the consequences
>>
>>731390
"MISSING NIN QUEST"

"Ay yo anons, here is a single choice and a >wat do"

"Oh well lets do the thing that will probably lead fastest to being a missing-nin since that's what this seems to be about, surely we wont be immediately killed off and the thread ended for picking the choice that leads to the real start of the quest and the end of the prologue!"

"Kage mad, all dead. GG Game over faggots. ~~~le meme "No Country For Old Men anon"~~~ le"
>>
>>731326
How low are your standards anon? Jesus.
>>
>>731443
Pretty low anon. I can only hope that the QM will take our advice and improve and not pull more shit like this again. I can understand punishing players for doing stupid shit, but tone it down a notch, I'd say. We didn't even get to roll, just dead.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.