[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Risk Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 19

File: Risk 3000 BC.png (1MB, 6436x2608px) Image search: [Google]
Risk 3000 BC.png
1MB, 6436x2608px
Risk meetup thread
Organizing and discussing Risk
>>
Welp, I got banned from pol for telling an OP he had a shit map
>>
>>722221
how you know that is the reason?
>>
>>722232
No clue.
I told the OP that he had a shitty map.
Then I got banned.
>>
>>722221
>>722254
That's fucked and I feel bad for you but I'll be damned if that isn't hilarious
>>
>>722278
Says it's a perma ban also.
Guess no more Risk for me for awhile.
>>
>>722295
You don't know how to change your IP? Also got an image of your ban? I'm curious what it says.
>>
>>722295
Wait, the perma ban is letting me post now
wtf?!?
>>
What are your guys tripcodes?
>>
>>722307
>>
>>722307
>>
File: Fall of Rome.png (1MB, 6436x2608px) Image search: [Google]
Fall of Rome.png
1MB, 6436x2608px
Are we doing Fall of Rome tonight?
Also here's where I'm at for my Fall of Rome map.
Gonna change up all the 3000 BC specific rules, and remove economy rules.
Rules posted here.
I'm hoping for some input.
Here's the map showing major powers
Sassanids, Eastern, and Western Romans
>>
>>722332
>Are we doing Fall of Rome tonight?
Not me, I'm afraid

>Rules posted here.
... you didn't actually post any rules
>>
>>722332
Fall of Rome
Western and Eastern Roman Empires: Can gift 15 tiles to a player to stop them from attacking you for 2 turns afterwards. So long as Western and Eastern Rome are allied, they each benefit if a province is filled.
Germanics: +2 in provinces with multiple players in them

Religions
Arianism: +2 against all other Christians
Roman Catholics: Splits from Nicene Orthodoxy. Requires controlling Rome. Controller of Rome is the Pope. When Rome declares Papal Supremacy, all Nicene Orthodoxy members that convert with Rome get +2 to all rolls for 5 turns. Pope can bless up to two faction, giving them +2, and Excommunicate factions, giving them -2.
Nicene Orthodoxy: +1 to all rolls. If a majority of Nicene Christians agree to outcast a Nicene, the outcast takes a -2 penalty, and loses the +1 base from Nicene Orthodoxy

Two ideas for Germans. Current one is pretty boring to me, though easy to use. I was thinking Germans get +3 in a province of their choice, if they conquer that province, they get +2 in other provinces as well, maybe a naval bonus.
>>722347
Had to grab them from another Document, haven't modified the on map rules yet.
>>
>>722351
>province
Regions are provinces, yes?

>Religions
No pagans?
>>
>>722370
Ya.
I haven't come up with anything I like for pagans yet. I want Germanic and Pagan bonuses to go together nicely. Arianism is basically the Christian sect for East Germans (Goths, Vandals)
Pagan idea I had that I had mixed feelings towards was a +3 that you can use up, but, whenever you get dubs palis 0, whatever, it recharges.
>>
who in the US game?
>>
>>722824
Trying but OP and mupdating
>>
>>722884
Someone going to host a game?
>>
I got an idea for a risk map while playing space risk: Galaxy wide risk, it would look/play like a planet wide risk map, the galaxy would be earth and the planets would be the countries. How many planets there and how many Ts on each planet is dependent on the the map maker and the planets size, respectively. Anyone up for it?
>>
>>723108
Sounds good.
What are you thinking?
Also, we should play some space risk.
Is there a game right now for it?
>>
File: 1473580858513.png (320KB, 2880x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1473580858513.png
320KB, 2880x1536px
>>
File: 1473581501416.png (169KB, 1920x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1473581501416.png
169KB, 1920x1800px
rules and bonuses
>>
>>723142
That's solar system
I'm talking grand scale Milky Way map
>>
>>723150
That would be so fucking big. Would play it though
>>723142
>>723144
We should play this.
ASAP
Also, why is Moldova a waterway?
And Seas confuse me, a little bit.
>>
>>723190
>Also, why is Moldova a waterway?
you will have to ask the map maker, but he is a bong so that explains a lot
>>
File: Fatman Risk.png (30KB, 1300x704px) Image search: [Google]
Fatman Risk.png
30KB, 1300x704px
>>
Any games tonight?
>>
made this one yesterday, the one game played on it so far was awesome
>>
File: 1476895768989.png (318KB, 2600x1818px) Image search: [Google]
1476895768989.png
318KB, 2600x1818px
and this one today, this is good too but it needs private chat rooms to work properly
>>
>>725681
I like this a lot.
I do wish that more countries gave small bonuses. You could do .5 for each non listed country.
Are we playing it anytime soon?
>>
File: 1476719615286.png (285KB, 2600x1818px) Image search: [Google]
1476719615286.png
285KB, 2600x1818px
>>725732
friday 4pm GMT on /pol/ is the next time i'm hosting one of these variants. This is the non-historical variant btw

as for more bonuses, it already takes 20-30 minutes to process a mupdate, more bonuses would slow it down even more

https://discord.gg/3amnkp8
>>
>>725681
Why would you need a chatroom for this
>>
>>725831
because of the amount of teamwork involved. It would work without one, but the ability to privately plan as a team adds to the enjoyability and depth of the game. The one time this map was played, the USSR won because he had a team with a coherent strategy and the USA and the nazis didn't
>>
>>725831
I'd imagine that players want to scheme amongst themselves as to when to strike.

I realized what my Fall of Rome map needed to keep it moving nicely: Events. I have three so far, I'm thinking something happens when a Branch of the Empire is eliminated, and maybe an event to help the Anglo Saxons get into England.

Events
Papal Supremacy: The Patriarch of Rome is “First among Equals” but there would be great power to be considered the head of Christendom.
The controller of Rome may declare Papal Supremacy, founding Roman Catholicism. When Rome declares Papal Supremacy, all Nicene Orthodoxy members that convert with Rome get +2 to all rolls for 5 turns, and do not suffer the -1 penalty from converting.
Roman Withdrawal: As Rome’s institutions collapse, the frontier is left unguarded, and Rome is forced to move ever farther away from its old border.
If all Roman Territory in a province is lost, that branch of the Empire takes a -3 penalty for 3 turns. However, Rome may choose to withdraw from a province, forfeiting all territory there, and gaining +3 for 3 turns, instead of the penalty. Rome must have approximately half of their original land in a province to use the forfeital ability.
Sack of Rome: Centuries Rome has been the heart of the Mediterranean. It is a matter of pride among the Romans that no enemy has set foot in the city since the earliest days of the Republic.
If a barbarian ever conquers the city of Rome, from a branch of the Roman Empire, they gain a permanent +2. Barbarians allied with that player at the time gain a permanent +1.
>>
>>725831
>>725862
read the objectives and superpower bonuses rules to see what I mean
>>
>>725867
:(
Just realized no Fascist bonus for Argentina.
>>
>>725882
I'll add one, good point. I was planning on adding at least 1 more to each of them anyway. Any other suggestions?
>>
>>725891
>>725882
Johannesburg is already confirmed for Capitalist btw
>>
>>725900
Havana, Rhodesia, or somewhere in Colombia (FARC) for commies.
>>
File: output_N1LsHM.gif (3MB, 1125x786px) Image search: [Google]
output_N1LsHM.gif
3MB, 1125x786px
>>725913
havana it is, probably rhodesia for the sixth if I add that many. Africa needs more objectives.

GIF is what happened when this map was played
>>
>>726001
Poor Germans...
>>
>>726021
they made lots of enemies and no friends, and couldn't get their objectives. Diplomacy is so important with these rules
>>
>>722332
>>722332
Looking at this map, seems interesting but way too complicated for my liking, but that's mainly because I prefer to play an entire game in 1 day on a fast board like /pol/ or /int/ rather than having it drag out.

A couple of things though - you have a LOT of rules, a lot of them quite verbose without being concise. You could get the wordcount down by at least 10%, probably more, without changing the meaning. Concise is almost always clearer, and is always easier to refer to. All the rulesets on my maps need work too, mind you.

Also, those enormous tables would be better placed on a Google Sheets document which you link to in the thread. They would be much easier to edit and you could use ArrayFormula() and Filter() to make smaller ones that are easier to refer to.

Come to my discord if you want to talk about the spreadsheet stuff. I know Google Sheets pretty well
>>
>>726171
I'm using the map as a base. The rules are being trimmed down massively for the game that I'm making. No cities, no economy, no tech, no empires.
For the one I'm working on, you get a fairly simple tribe bonus, and a religion bonus. And then there are events to try to give incentives to semi historical play and alliances.
>>
>>726228
oh, good lol. Enormous rulesets seem cool on paper but unless you're really down with the whole deep-rpg month long game thing they are kinda pointless
>>
>>726265
Yah. I'm hoping to make something with decent complexity, but that can be easily understood.
I think events are a good way to get players to do what you want.
>>
File: World map dark.png (703KB, 5400x2144px) Image search: [Google]
World map dark.png
703KB, 5400x2144px
Hey guys, what do you think about the borders for regions now?
>>
Is there a good cold war risk map?
>>
>>728428
see >>725676
>>
>>728233
much better
>>
Anybody gonna host any games tonight?
>>
>>729402
I'm going to host this map >>728233 for the first time in a few hours as a test.
>>
>>>/pol/93971057
>>>/pol/93971057
>>>/pol/93971057
>>>/pol/93971057
>>
>>731764
You gonna try again in 1 hour??
>>
>>731829
I could try now, do you think there will be people now?
>>
>>731833
I don't know
>>
Let's see
>>>/pol/93977573
>>>/pol/93977573
>>>/pol/93977573
>>>/pol/93977573
>>
>>731840
>>731846
>>
>>731728
Isn't this just global risk?
>>
>>731984
It is, with capitals and free sea travel (if you look at the Sea travel part it has a small ship to use) nothing really special.
>>
I'll be waiting for the next map.
I didn't catch this one soon enough, and both OPs bailed on yesterday's /pol/ USA risk.
Got the itch to play but not that great at OPing
>>
oh shit did i miss the game?
>>
any games?
>>
Who's the OP for this map, the resolution is fucking terrible I can't see what's going on
>>
>>732293
i just checked into it and OP seems fine with metaplay. who was the Hueland guy no tripfag? who is the hyperzone. both are faggots but hue is right. metaplay should never be allowed and OP should kick all those people linking the discord for those purposes
>>
I might host a game tonight, I haven't OP'd in 5 years tho..
>>
>>732322
>strategy game about diplomacy
>no diplomacy allowed
wut
>>
>>732381
no metaplay is one of the oldest rules in risk bro (years and years).
the players that dont use discord or skype are always out of luck.
if you cant strategize in the thread then something is wrong.
desu is this game is disgusting now that i know people are doing that.
>not interested
>>
>>732381
are you in the skype group?
>>
>>732419
The Circle? no, although i was a few years back
>>
>>732441
yeah, the point is that people only link games there. sometimes people try to metaplay but most often get shunned for it. its just not a cool thing to allow if you are OP for so many reasons. that is why its a long standing rule and tradition.
>>
Risk on pol is done, if anyone wants to host soon
>>
>>732855
will in a few hours
>>
Quick question, when you guys are playing a non- time specific risk, what do you imagine the battlefield era to be (e.g. medieval, ancient, colonial, modern etc.)
I've always seen it as medieval warfare
>>
>>732972
Funny, I never gave it much thought but I almost always default to medieval as well.
>>
>>732972
>>732984
But it depends more so on the region I spawn in and the "nation" I'm playing as.
>>
>>732972
>>732984
this unless im greece in which case im usually sparta or macedon (ancient)
>>
did u guys get in this game on pol?
>>
>>733069
I did
>>
>>733069
I did
>>
>>733069
I did
>>
OK am i missing something or what? why are the games this week using Discord to allow metaplay (even outside that one coldwar map hyperzone made which he claims requires it; i dont think it does)?
>>
>>733165
This game is not using Discord.
>>
>>733165
No idea. I know Hyper likes to use them when he OPs but that's the only one I know of.
>>
>>733165
>>733188
As to why Hyper uses discord, I'd assume it has to do with him saying he was banned from TC.
>>
>>733188
>>733194
Or perhaps not banned. I think just removed ... or maybe just left. Point is he's not in TC anymore.
>>
>>733199
im trying to think the last time i meta and it was (i think) simply to fuck with samefag op (you know who i mean) on that shitty map he was hosting. but that was just because he literally killed my game (on tg) with some shit map on pol where he was samefagging and OPing
>>
>>733222
>you know who I mean
kek

I gave him that name so yes, yes I do
>>
>>733226
kek, i know, so knew you would know
>>
>>733165
>that one coldwar map hyperzone made which he claims requires it; i dont think it does.

It doesn't require metaplay, I just chose to allow it. I do think it works best with some kind of live chat room like discord/skype/etc though. Without one there are so many diplomacy posts that it's basically 2-3 mupdates per thread
>>
>>733199
there was way too much constant shitposting in tc, it was barely even about risk anymore
>>
>>733474
>was
is*

It is barely even about risk anymore
>>
>>733199
>>733474
TC?
>>
>>733518
The Circle. It's the third generation Risk Group chat
>>
alright see you guys in a bit. gotta drive. my phone got banned on pol for a couple days or id make this battle drag out a bit but i cant and im alread late leaving work over this game :)
>>
>>733741
Til next time bro
>>
>>733744
couldnt help making one last roll
kek
later
>>
File: Fall of Rome.png (1MB, 7556x2608px) Image search: [Google]
Fall of Rome.png
1MB, 7556x2608px
Reading maps and finding historical names for nations.
Rules coming along also, I found abilities that I really like for all the Germanics.
+2 outside of Germania
You can choose another province, get +2 in that province.
Maybe, maybe, they also get a oneshot ability whenever they maybe into another province for the first time.
If it has a name it has its near final borders.
Also no economy or tech or building, this will be similar to stuff like 30 years war in terms of map complexity.
>>
File: englandmap.png (826KB, 4912x5192px) Image search: [Google]
englandmap.png
826KB, 4912x5192px
made some mods to this map
anyone want to play?
>>
>>734819
I can dig it
>>
Fall of Rome.png
1MB, 7556x2608px
>>734819
Sure m8, may want to slightly change the shrine bonus, otherwise each Christian starts with like +10
Just need to fill Northern Asia. Then add the updated rules. How many finnic tribes do I need?
And do we need more kangz for this map?
>>
Fall of Rome.png
1MB, 7556x2608px
>>734843
Finished map, now just adding rules.
Should there be some kangz tribes?
>>
>>735016
Ok guys, looking for input.

Here's where the rules are at:
Fall of Rome
Western and Eastern Roman Empires: Can gift 15 tiles to a player to stop them from attacking you for 2 turns afterwards. So long as Western and Eastern Rome are allied, they each benefit if a province is filled.
Germanic: +2 in provinces that are not Germania or Scandinavia. Choose one province, you cannot change your choice, get +2 in that province.
Iranian Tribes: Choose up to two provinces, get +3 in each of those provinces. You cannot change your choice.
Sassanids: +2 when fighting the Romans or Indians, may give another player +2 to all rolls
Huns: Each turn you take land from another player, without losing any, gain +1. This stacks up to 9 times, and loses 3 stacks whenever you do lose more land than you take in a turn. You cannot have a religion.
Britons and Gaels: +1, Can cancel a neighbor's roll and your roll once per game. Must declare it in your roll.
Gupta Empire: +2, allied Indian states get +1
Indian States: Get +1 for each ally you possess, up to +3
Caucasus Nations: Players attacking you get -3 to all rolls
Independent: +3 in your home province
Desert Tribes: Choose a neighbor, that neighbor gets -2 to all rolls
Central Asians and Slavic Peoples: +3 in provinces that are not Central Asia or Russia

Religions
Arianism: +2 against all non Arianists
Roman Catholics: Controller of Rome is the Pope. Pope can bless up to two faction, giving them +2, and Excommunicate factions, giving them -2.
Nicene Orthodoxy: +1 to all rolls. If a majority of Nicene Christians agree to outcast a Nicene, the outcast takes a -2 penalty, and loses the +1 base from Nicene Orthodoxy
Celtic Christianity, Ethiopian Orthodox Church, Armenian Church: +1 to all rolls. You may bless any player that is a neighbor (including yourself), giving them +1 against players of different religions or sects. If you join another Church, other members of that Church get +1 to all rolls, however, you cannot convert back to your former faith.
Paganism: 3 times per game you may give yourself +4 to all rolls for that turn. On any roll of dubs, palis, or better, you gain an additional charge.
Zoroastrianism: +1 to all rolls, players attacking you get -1
Church of the East: +2 in India, and Central Asia, Anatolia, and the Middle East
Islam: +1 to all rolls, gain a permanent +1 whenever you conquer another player, or force them to capitulate, max at +3
>>
>>735768
Events we're designed to promote semi historical gameplay.

Events
Papal Supremacy: The Patriarch of Rome is “First among Equals” but there would be great power to be considered the head of Christendom.
The controller of Rome may declare Papal Supremacy, founding Roman Catholicism. When Rome declares Papal Supremacy, all Nicene Orthodoxy members that convert with Rome get +2 to all rolls for 5 turns, and do not suffer the -1 penalty from converting.
Roman Withdrawal: As Rome’s institutions collapse, the frontier is left unguarded, and Rome is forced to move ever farther away from its old border.
If all Roman Territory in a province is lost, that branch of the Empire takes a -3 penalty for 3 turns. However, Rome may choose to withdraw from a province, forfeiting all territory there, and gaining +3 for 3 turns, instead of the penalty. Rome must have approximately half of their original land in a province to use the forfeital ability.
Crossing of the Rhine: The Roman frontier is well garrisoned, and for centuries the Romans have tried to push the border to natural limits. However, the interior is vulnerable to hordes of barbarians
So long as Gallia is completely Roman, players attacking into it get -3. The same is true for the Balkans and Italy. Once that province is invaded, the invader gets +2 for 3 turns.
Sack of Rome: For centuries Rome has been the heart of the Mediterranean. It is a matter of pride among the Romans that no enemy has set foot in the city since the earliest days of the Republic.
If a barbarian ever conquers the city of Rome, from a branch of the Roman Empire, they gain a permanent +2. Barbarians allied with that player at the time gain a permanent +1.
Rise of Islam: The Arabian Peninsula, up till now, had not been of the most importance to the rest of the world. That changed however, when the Prophet Muhammad began to spread his faith.
If the Arabian peninsula is unified by one of the desert tribes, that player may found Islam, and they gain a +2 bonus for as long as they remain Muslim.

Civilizations Types:
Empire: +3 to all rolls. Requires that you control at least two full provinces, or else begin the game as one
Kingdom: +2. Requires that an empire, or religious council recognize you as a Kingdom, or you have filled a province, or you have conquered an empire of Kingdom, or else begin the game as one.
Vassals and Tributaries: -1, the nation you are a subject of gets +1. You may revolt against your lord.
Federati: Romans may appoint nations Federati. Federati get +1 to their rolls.
>>
>>735768
the only one i dont like is desert tribes... pick a neighbor and they get -2 to ALL rolls. that is rough
>>
>>735016
maybe just consider making west and central africa unconquerable instead of adding more kang tribes. biggest reason: its dead space and to make all those tribes is going to make the chart yuge
>>
>>735842
>>735831
Maybe. Right now there are no kangz tribes.
The Desert Tribes are used for both the North Africa Tribes, and the various Middle East groups.
Giving someone -2 occurred to me because you really want those guys as allies, no matter how meek they are. A lot of the Barbarians are designed to give incentives for moving into the empires, while also giving potential to either counterbalance other barbarians, or be important pieces of alliances.
>>
File: Fall of Rome maybe.png (1MB, 7556x2608px) Image search: [Google]
Fall of Rome maybe.png
1MB, 7556x2608px
>>735842
What do you think of the events?
Does this look like what you're thinking for Africa?
Also, only ability I'm not satisfied with is the Iranian ability. I want something that is different from Central Asians, such that they play more interestingly.
Also I added one new little title, which is warlord.
Basically just a minor boost to little guys, to keep bonuses equal.
>>
>>737152
Oh, one other group that I was going to add.
Rebellions
Rebels appear with 5-15 tiles inside the empire
for the first three turns, players attacking them have their rolls halved, and must use their entire roll to attack them. +2 in your home province
>>
>>737329
Near final changes and additions
Traditional Religions: +1 to all rolls. When you convert to a religion, if the majority of your neighbors are that faith, you gain a permanent +1 to all rolls. Players cannot convert to Traditional Religions.
This will be the faith of most players at the start. They get a permanent bonus once they're brought into the fold of a major religion.
Warlord: +1 to all rolls. Conquer another nation, or have a vassal, or successfully move into another province, and stay there for 3 turns, or begin the game as one.
Warlord: +1 to all rolls. Conquer another nation, or have a vassal, or successfully move into another province, and stay there for 3 turns, or begin the game as one.
Warlord is to help get the game going faster.

Last abilities that I think will be changed are Iranian ability, and Desert kangz ability.
>>
Anyone in here?
>>
File: 2.png (1MB, 7556x2608px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
1MB, 7556x2608px
>>739049
>>
>>739470
So you think that's about the right amount of the map to have cut off?
What are your thoughts on >>737986
How would you change Desert Tribes, and how should I change Iranian peoples to be a little more... Interesting. Right now they can be a strictly better minor tribe, or a strictly worse Central Asian
>>
Iranian Tribes: Get +1 for each province you have entered, and kept territory in for 3 turns, up to +4.

Desert Tribes: Choose a neighbor, or yourself, that player gets +1, and players attacking that player get -1
>>
>>740255
this is way better for desert. also like the iranians but maybe make it like so many tiles within instead just being able to have 1... they will have +4 quick if not
>>
>>740665
10 tiles?
>>
>>740693
yeah, that works. i was thinking 5 but 10 is fine. that way if they enter a region and start fighting someone can limit them a bit as oppose to simple gaining +1 by attack someone in another region
>>
Should the fall of Rome event only work for the Rome Tile, or also the Constantinople Tile.
>>740713
5 also works for the tiles.
Last event that I'm debating on, is something for on half of the empire collapsing, and maybe, Saxons in England
>because muh Saxons
I could also find some events for the other major groups.
>>
>>740739
i like the events so far but will really need to see it beta to have a better feel for it
>>
>>740810
I'll get a table ready for the various tribes, and then we can test it.
>>
>>740882
When would you be able to?
>>
File: potential.png (4KB, 359x359px) Image search: [Google]
potential.png
4KB, 359x359px
I'm thinking something like this, maybe changing the background color to a less happy color. It's the Fall of Rome and all.
Columns show Nation level of development.
Kingdom, warlord, vassal, empire, Foederati
RA can track your religion, with the religions color coded.
All groups of the same ethnicity eg Germanics, Roman Empire, are in the same table. I can also add the rules for that faction, onto its table.
>>
>>740970
We can play this tomorrow potentially.
Do you have a trip?
>>
>>740980
Yeah its just me
>>
>>741001
Whoops
>>
>>741005
What do you think for Fall of Rome?
Which tribes or Empires seem the best to you?
>>
File: Fall of Rome maybe.png (889KB, 6244x2608px) Image search: [Google]
Fall of Rome maybe.png
889KB, 6244x2608px
Here's where the map is at.
I'm going to add into the tables each tribes ability at the top of their table.
I'm going to add a religious key, so that players can see what religion each player is.
The table will say what whether someone is a kingdom, empire and whatnot as well.
>>741005
Are you still in here?
What's your thoughts on the map?
Are there any religions or abilities which stand out as OP?
>>
>>741123
The only one that Really stood out to me was that one where any one attacking the Caucasus loses -3
>>
>>742733
I can change theirs. -2 might be more reasonable for them.
>>
>>>/pol/94267194
>>>/pol/94267194
>>>/pol/94267194
>>
>>741123
When is this going to get played?
>>
>>743040
Hopefully today.
>>
RIP swiss
>those trips
>>
>>743381
Drag the game out.
Fall of Rome has maybe an hour till its ready to go.
>>
>>743470
will do, its getting interesting now. two clear blocs are forming with antipope on one side
>>
>>743470
>Fall of Rome has maybe an hour till its ready to go.
Finally
>>
File: Fall of Rome likely.png (895KB, 4260x2608px) Image search: [Google]
Fall of Rome likely.png
895KB, 4260x2608px
I present the Fall of Rome
>>
>>>/pol/94297461
>>>/pol/94297461
>>
you hosting man? thread died. i can post the bread in skype and discord to get it some players
>>
>>744190
sure
>>
>>744190
Standing by
>>
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeee
>>
>>744793
WTF MANG
>>
What do you guys think of this?
I know it needs work, and maybe larger text...
>>
>>745042
havent had much infighting with anyone. why did ere fall so fast?
>>
>>745042
tho i think the +2 should be inside germania and scandi as opposed to outside
>>
>>745150
Maybe. Technically you can choose Scandi as the province that you get +2 in, per the second part of the ability.
ERE fell because the emperor left.
>>
>>745121
Because they're fucking pussies. The WRE is a hard thing to manage. People attacking on all fronts, others juggling alliances
>>
>>745189
I like the way the Romans play. Real problem was that people didn't read all the rules. If I simplify this, and emphasize the Foederati bonus, players can choose. Get the rewards of invading Rome, or work with the Romans and get their patronage.
>>
>>745236
how do i play?
>>
>>745236
the way i read it, i couldnt have a bonus in germ and scandi otherwise i would have played diff
>>
>>745300
I need to reword it then.
Germanic ability is two part
One is supposed to support them migrating out of Germany
Other Helps them settle in their new home They could decide to stay in Germany, and use the chosen province there, but then they can't get the bonus elsewhere.
>>
>>745332
i just conquered scandi without it and now using it in germ kek
>>
What do you guys think, game almost done?
>>
>>745440
Definitely for me, Rome is at death's door
>>
>>745464
picts is quitting
focus on hibernia
>>
>>745440
Almost time for me to go. Really fun map though, definitely would do again
>>
>hibernia being included in being an empire as a separate region
>>
>>745546
>he was here the whole time
trip?
>>
hibernia is 13 tiles and i would have to fill all of germania in addition to my scandi holdings to be empire.
>>
>>745589
Isnt hibernia the UK
>>
>>745604
its ireland
>>
>>745616
I want it to give its own get (-1 or -2 when they attack it)
It shouldn't count towards empire though
>>
>>745630
you should gif this game later. it was interesting, (and stressful)
>>
>>745630
differentiate between regions and provinces then or something like that. and only one goes toward empire... but yeah its 13 tiles
>>
>>745654
i kept getting mixed up with provinces and regions, im not very familiar with roman provinces
>>
>>745654
It also sounded like the text needs to be better. Lots of people said they couldn't read their stuff. I was hoping it would be more diplomatic though. Big problem was losing too many guys at the start.
Also need to change up the way Rome works.
>>
>>745663
on phone it was impossible to read it... at least on my phone. once i was pc i was good
>>
>>745674
i had to open it on a new tab, even on PC
>>
What would you guys change on the map?
Also, we could always just simplify it to the base countries.
People love 30 years war and what not. Could be easy to just add this to the regular maps, with the complexity reduced.
>>
>>745694
If you want to attract /pol/, maybe take away the naval mechanic, and strip some countries off the roster
>>
>>745710
Ya.
>>
>>745710
fuck those dumbasses. the the fleet mech is one the best parts of the game
>>
>>745742
Agreed.
Someone said though that polfags want fast games.
>>
>>745806
i quit so many games this weak because of shit like this. Haliax and i tried getting a tg crowd going but never can get the players. i will never be satisfied. i like this map, the 200 and the 3000 because they are meant to be long diplo heavy complex games. i love that you cant get huge bonuses and the games never end, hence why i like serial risk ideas, but then you cant get the players back. and you and cleon and haliax wont join the skype or discord group to help recruit people for the cause... im so frustrated with it all
>>
we need a subgroup of the skype and discord for complex risk players.
those in the gob chat are good recruits i think
>>
>>745877
Didn't even Know there was a discord group
>>
>>745928
I'm not surprised there is a Discord chat if it exists. I'm just surprised it took so long for Risk players to start using it versus the TC Skype group (for newfags, a large Skype chat version of this thread I setup two or so years ago after Madotuski died). I tried moving people over to Discord for eons since Skype is such shit, but it was largely a failure.

If anybody has the invite link, post it here and I'll add it to the Google Drive.
>>
>>747307
damn, one of you oldfags died?
>>
>>747411
Madotuski was some trap that did a lot of shit to players IRL. She ran the original map archives and ended up getting risk players to dox one another over who was apart of one of two Skype groups (combined, both had 150-200 players).

TC grew out of the group that "ended her tyranny", as cringeworthy as this all sounds.
>>
>>747498
>she
>>
>>747498
>civil war over fucking Risk
Geez you guys take it far
>>
>>>/pol/94427294
>>>/pol/94427294
>>>/pol/94427294
>>
>>747938
What's the discord group chat, just so you don't always have to make a thread
>>
>>748518
https://discord.gg/3amnkp8
>>
Any games planned for tonight?
>>
hoping to play tonight. have hosted two nights in a row
>>
>>749860
Yea, I was Denmark for a bit last night. Was fun.
>>
>>749875
breddy good game. sorry you got gang raped
>>
>>749929
It was 3v3 but England gave his allies bonuses and my allies and I had penalties. I was rolling palis/dubs like crazy too so it was a pretty good fight. Was gay how little RP England did though especially in defense of his completely unjustified war against a fellow Catholic
>>
>>749934
iI think he thought you were attacking him in the netherlands on your first roll. you were both rolling for it
>>
FRESH BREAD
>>>/pol/94532426
>>>/pol/94532426
>>>/pol/94532426
>>>/pol/94532426
>>>/pol/94532426
>>
>>721992

gaem >>>/pol/94532426
>>
>>750432
We doing a game tonight?
I'd be up for more 1519 AD, or something with boats, or some Fall of Rome.
I do wish that Prots got a bonus on the 1519 map.
>>
>>750562
Wessex you there?
>>
Sorry about not coming back last night. I went to the clinic and turns out I have pneumonia so I got some antibiotics and passed the fuck out. Good news is I'm home from work today - and probably tomorrow - so I can OP if there's any interest (and I'm awake)
>>
gaem >>>/pol/94631905
>>
FRESH BREAD
>>>/pol/94684122
>>>/pol/94684122
>>>/pol/94684122
>>>/pol/94684122
>>
FRESH BREAD
>>>/pol/94700128
>>>/pol/94700128
>>>/pol/94700128
>>>/pol/94700128
>>
We should do some more good risk tonight
I'm a little tired of shitrisk
>>
>>753995
What do you have in mind?
>>
>>753996
I like the maps with some gets, but not a lot.
1519 seems to be perfect.
Prots and Orthos are a little too weak, but other than that its perfect.
>>
>>754133
Add the Prots bonuses from TYW to 1519?
>>
>>754137
That would probably be good
Maybe controlling England lets you bless a prot for +1. Orthos also need a small bless mechanic I think. Other than that map is amazing.
>>
>>754159
You should join the discord group man.
>>
gaem
>>>/pol/94808521
Thread posts: 207
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.