[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gem Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 21

File: wish you were here.jpg (548KB, 759x759px) Image search: [Google]
wish you were here.jpg
548KB, 759x759px
Your name is Owen, a 20 year old guy and suspended student of THU. In the meantime you've gotten a job an apartment in the small coastal town of Diamond Shoals. Having been here a few months, which as a popular tourist destination is already months more than most, you've gotten a rough feel for the town and its people.

Having gotten off work from your job as a cart pusher for the Mega World Mart in town, you've made it back to your rather small apartment situated above the bookstore in the closest thing to a downtown. Changing out of your work clothes and into something more casual, you check your phone to see it's about four o'clock in the afternoon. What do you do?

>Get your shoes on and go for a run, it'd be nice for some fresh air.
>Grab a bite to eat at one of small restaurants nearby, you are pretty hungry.
>Kick back and laze about your room for awhile, it's been a long day so far after Mr. Nguyen asked you to stay later to work the back area.
>[Write-in]
>>
>>71071
>Write in
Get fit and lift weights
>>
>>71111
You were on a sports scholarship to THU for track, you're a pretty accomplished runner regionally. Unfortunately you lost the scholarship when you got suspended, and so while in the past you might have questioned getting fit by weight lifting, that's not a concern of yours so much anymore.

So you get on your running clothes since they're the closest thing to a workout attire you have, and head on down to the local gym. A rather small establishment, That Summer Look Fitness that you've gone past a few times. Maybe you'd have a better time just heading over to the high school's gym to work out, but you didn't get into college in order to go back to high school, that would just make the suspension all the more depressing.

Heading in through the door, you see a couple people making use of various equipment, and are greeted by a young guy at the front desk. His nametag reads Colin.

"Hey there, you look like you're ready to go! Do you have a membership with us?"

>Tell him that you don't, this is your first time in here after all.
>Ask about getting a membership, if you intend to come back here regularly and want to keep at getting fit.
>Talk to him about something else?
>[Write-in]
>>
>>71187
>Tell him that you don't, this is your first time in here after all.
>>
File: image.jpg (358KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
358KB, 2048x1536px
>>71752
"No I don't have a membership, I didn't know this place even existed."

Maybe Colin had some sort of spiel in mind when he expected you to either say yes, or ask for a membership, but your answer seems to catch him off guard.

"Oh well if you're new to town, I'm sure it'd be fine if you wanted to give our facility a trial run. We don't like to force people into anything too soon, you know?"

He gives to the go ahead more or less to use the equipment they have available and isn't being used by the few members there. At least, you think they're members. You look at the currently unused weight area, it's a little sparse to be sure.

>Lift using one of the barbells, only a couple plates to keep it safe since you lack a spotter.
>Lift using the weight machine, exercising similar caution.
>Scatter caution to the winds, we're looking to get ripped not play it safe!
>[Write-in]
>>
>>71808
>Lift using one of the barbells, only a couple plates to keep it safe since you lack a spotter.
Lmao2plate
>>
File: image.jpg (303KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
303KB, 2048x1536px
>>71963
You decide to have a go at the barbells, and keep it safe with plates appropriate to your lifting ability. You get a good workout in, or at least good by your standards, and with only some minor mistakes/accidents! Next time you'll have to remember to get help in figuring out a proper form.

Tired from all that gettin' huge, you take your leave feeling good about yourself but very hungry now. On the way out though, Colin compliments you and even offers you a free trial membership! With each workout you do you get a little hole punched in the card, and at ten you get a free mega-milkshake over at Fat Boy's Treats.

+1 hole punched!

>Go get something to eat, you were hungry before but now you're halfway to starving.
>Head back home to get washed and changed, because you're sure as heck not using the gym showers.
>Go for a run while you're riding the workout high, probably not smart but you're feelin' great!
>[Write-in]
>>
goto showers to look for cock to suck
blacker the better
>>
>>72450
This
>>
File: image.jpg (158KB, 700x666px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158KB, 700x666px
>>72450
Apologies, but despite his lithe runner's body, Owen isn't a flamer. That said, invasive thoughts do begin to creep, much to your chagrin. Perhaps in another life you'd have made a great girl... or trap.
>>
>>72430
>Head back home to get washed and changed, because you're sure as heck not using the gym showers.

what does this quest entails? IS it like Steven Universe?
>>
Owen sucks desu senpai.
>>
File: image.jpg (481KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
481KB, 2048x1536px
>>73043
That's roughly the idea. This takes place in the same setting as SU, with some key differences. How different things are, you'll have to explore and see for yourself.

---

Shaking your head of the intrusive thoughts of a gym shower encounter, you head back to your place. You take a shower and switch back to your casual clothes, passively drying while resting on the balcony outside and watching the street below in the late afternoon. On the TV is an ad for some new ice cream, Shark Sizzlers. Apparently the things are dipped in fizzling candy.

So you're back to square one, when you got off work earlier, though significantly more lifted than before.

>Grab a bite to eat at a restaurant nearby, you're also significantly more hungry now.
>Head down to the Minimart, see if you can find something you like.
>[Write-in]
>>
>>73890
Actually he doesn't, he avoided sucking by not going into the gym shower.
>>
>>73947
>minimart

Time to cook!
>>
File: image.jpg (481KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
481KB, 2048x1536px
>>73982
You head on down to the Windswept Minimart to see if you can get yourself something for dinner. Along the way you realize at some point that it will probably be quite a chore, on account of you don't know how to cook anything. Your place has a small kitchen, but so far you've really only made use of the microwave.

When you reach the place, a small mart at an intersection corner, you head inside hungry with all sorts of... wonderful gourmet world-class foods on the mind.

>Get some microwave meals, because unfortunately that's the extent of your cooking knowledge.
>Get something pre-made, why cook when other people can do it for you?
>Get ingredients, because you may burn down your building but at least it will taste good.
>[Write-in]
>>
>>74109
>Get something pre-made, why cook when other people can do it for you?
>>
File: image.jpg (349KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
349KB, 2048x1536px
>>75140
You figure it's probably for the best to avoid cooking for yourself, and microwave dinners another night in a row are simply not as appealing as a pre-made sub sandwich. You pick up a decently sized wrapped one from the small deli counter along with an energy drink for a possible night run later.

When you go the checkout though there's a person ahead of you being served by Daniela, the cashier. She looks a little annoyed though, since from the looks of things she's been scanning the same product over and over for awhile now, with a small pile having formed past the register. Standing ahead of you and being rung up is a young girl of around ten to twelve, humming to herself and struggling to hold onto a truly massive bag filled to the brim with Shark Sizzlers ice cream, the same as those bunch already scanned. You recognize her as Sarah, a girl you've seen around town from time to time, and you recall her dad as the nighttime radio personality for the area.

>Wait for your turn to be rung up and pay, after which barely making it outside before you devour the sandwich.
>Make an effort to get the girl's attention, she looks like she could use some help if nothing else.
>Wait, you forgot something! Go get something else besides the sandwich and drink while waiting.
>[Write-in]
>>
File: Slavs_VIII.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Slavs_VIII.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>75858
>Squat whilst waiting for order. Get it for free because Girls Swoon over Slav.
>>
File: image.jpg (308KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
308KB, 2048x1536px
>>76197
Alas! You try squatting while waiting for your purchase to be made, but you realize you left your tracksuit at home! The success of this maneuver is greatly diminished as a result.

Meanwhile Sarah notices what you're doing and gives a confused look.

"Did you drop something? Are you looking on the floor for it?"
>>
File: Slavs_XIV.jpg (275KB, 430x645px) Image search: [Google]
Slavs_XIV.jpg
275KB, 430x645px
>>76600
Give out a shrill BLYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT for forgetting your track suit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZgckdxhg3E
>>
File: image.jpg (402KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
402KB, 2048x1536px
>>76885
Distressed at your failed squatting tactic, you let cry a mighty BLYAT! The girl next to you in line is startled and trying to keep a straight face inches away from you a bit.

Daniela is visibly shaken though, having fallen into a state of monotony with the constant ice cream scanning, and looks to you even more annoyed.

"Didn't you see the sign? No sudden screaming in the store!"

You look but fail to see any such sign.
>>
File: image.jpg (405KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
405KB, 2048x1536px
Heading to bed, posting so it doesn't fall off the board during.

>Unused pic of the shower earlier.
>>
>>80123
Careful OP. If anybody gets word you're doing anything SU related, you're gonna get shit on pretty hard. I wish you luck with this.
>>
>>80200
Hey, if I had even one person interested, I'd still be happy to keep going with it. Just looking to have a little fun, and make use of this tablet I just got.
>>
>>80225
Fair enough. It's just nice to see something small and SU related that isn't obnoxious or started by falseflaggers and whatnot. You have a good night, and watch out for shitposters.
>>
Up now and ready to continue play, if there are any takers.

Continuing from here; >>77058
>>
>>77058
Tell the gril NO HYMEN NO DIAMOND
>>
File: image.jpg (470KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
470KB, 2048x1536px
>>86621
You speak the wise words to live by to the girl, but she doesn't understand what you mean or what you said. Apparently mishearing you, she raises a hand with some uncertainty.

"Hy... Five?"

You can't leave her hanging after that.

>Try to start a conversation with her while waiting for your turn at the register, it'll be awhile still.
>Ask about the mass of ice cream she's got, obviously she must have some reason to get enough that she can barely carry them all.
>Start eating your sandwich now, if Daniela complains you can tell her you'll pay when it's your turn.
>[Write-in]
>>
>>87246
>Ask about the mass of ice cream she's got, obviously she must have some reason to get enough that she can barely carry them all.
>>
File: image.jpg (383KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
383KB, 2048x1536px
>>91399
"Hey, Sarah is it? What's with all the ice cream, is this some kind of scam kids these days run?"

You lift the lampshade off the elephant in the room and question her about the bags of frozen treats, though your specific question confuses her at first.

"Huh? Oh no nothin' like that. I got my food allowance for the month from dad so had to buy this month's worth of food. Shark Sizzlers weren't here last month or I'd have bought em all then!"

Well that answers that question. She seems pretty pleased with the purchase though, and you recognize the jingle from the ice cream commercials in her humming.

>Ask if you can have one, there's no way she can eat all of them, right?
>Ask about the wisdom of her choices, would her dad approve?
>Ask Daniela if she's ok with a child spending their food budget on ice cream, there must be some sort of ethical problem somewhere here.
>[Write-in]
>>
>>91515
>Ask if you can have one, there's no way she can eat all of them, right?
>>
File: image.jpg (305KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
305KB, 2048x1536px
>>92200
"Hey you're not planning on eating all of those in one sitting, are you?"

She slowly looks from you, to the bag, then back to you again. You might've guessed that she was questioning your intelligence without actually asking, but your gut feeling says she hadn't pondered the idea of eating all of them in one sitting, and at least for a moment seriously considered it.

"No... I said, it's my food for the month. I'm sure it'll be enough to last. I'm the only one at home that eats stuff like this."

"What, ice cream?"

"No, out of a wrapper."

Well, maybe they're seafood junkies in her family. Surprisingly not as common as you'd think around here, since despite being a coastal town, Diamond Shoals is famous for sport fishing. Guess people would rather stick the stuff they catch on their wall, rather than on their plate.

"Can I get one then? If you're worried about running out for the month, stop by the Mega World Mart sometime and I'll make it up to you."

"Wow really?! That'll be it then, Mrs. Ruiz! Just gimme what you already scanned, and you can have back the rest."

Daniela's eye twitches at the girl's request, and the prospect of having to restock all the packets still unscanned. There is an exchange of money though only one side is happy with it, as still a huge number of ice cream packets are bagged and placed on the ground rather than handed to the girl. Daniela makes an effort to ring up your purchase while Sarah drags the bags laden with ice cream outside, the cashier herself audibly grumbling in her own language most likely about the pile of packets now just sitting by the register. When you join the girl outside, she reaches into one of the bags and pulls out one of the top packets, handing it out to you.

"Thanks... my name's Owen by the way."

"Don't worry Owen, I'll make it up to you and use your employee discount for it!"

You get the creeping suspicion that you might have shot yourself in the foot with this one.

>Take the idea cream and be on your merry way, you've got a sandwich to ingest first.
>Offer to help the girl with her groceries, the two bags are nearly as big as her torso.
>Daniela needs the help just as much, Sarah left more than she bought in front of the register.
>[Write-in]
>>
>>92279
>Daniela needs the help just as much, Sarah left more than she bought in front of the register.

better get to the meat of it mang
>>
File: image.jpg (424KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
424KB, 2048x1536px
>>92357
You're still in the exploratory phase, getting the hang of town. It's supposed to be fairly open ended initially, at least until you discover any solid leads.

---

As a fellow mart worker, you can't in good conscience leave Daniela with all that extra work of restocking on her hands. Not when you're partially responsible. Bidding Sarah farewell, you head back inside to the register.

"Hey Mrs. Ruiz, I'm... sorry about that. I should have left it alone."

"Well at least you got her out of my hair. She's a good girl, but those women taking care of her don't do a very good job. I wish, for her sake, her father had a more active role like he used to. At least then maybe you'd see her in school."

Looks like Sarah is a regular customer, enough that this seems fairly par for the course with her. After offering to help her restock all the unbought ice cream, to which Daniela is clearly appreciative, you learn that her husband made the effort to obtain as many of the Shark Sizzlers as they did wholly expecting to be cleaned out within a few weeks. She thanks you though, and asks you to give her regards to Mr. Nguyen, bidding you a good night before you head out.

Feeling better about the little mishap, you take a seat on a bench outside on the mart porch and hungrily tear into your sandwich. A pretty nice feeling, watching the sandbanks out in the direction of the coast in the soft glow of sunset, as the occasional car passes or customer heads into the mark with the expected chime of the doors opening. Up the street a ways you notice Captain Carlyle arguing about something with Officer Pate, probably something to do with the former having blocked main street with his bus-boat. A few people have started to gather, some to see if they can help, others just to watch.

Finally when you get up to leave, maybe check out the scene, you also notice Sarah still struggling with the groceries about a hundred years away following the road to the light house. Weird.

>Head on over to the street scene, anything involving Captain Carlyle is always choice entertainment.
>See if Sarah could use some help, not really your business why she's headed the way of the light house after dark, but she looks like she could use the help.
>Head on back to your place, get changed and go for that run you've been itching for, full stomach be damned.
>[Write-in]
>>
>>94010
>*mart
>*yards

Wow the spell check on this tablet is awful.
>>
Help the bulimic retarded gril.
>>
File: image.jpg (341KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
341KB, 2048x1536px
>>94091
As much as you'd like to catch the evening show of the Captain arguing with the police and maybe a fight besides, you're feeling in good deeds mood. Chucking the sandwich wrapper, you jog on over to the lighthouse road to catch up to the overencumbered girl, calling out as you near to get her attention.

"Hey! Hey... here, let me help with that."

"Owen! Back again so soon? I should start charging by the hour!"

You caught her off guard when you approached, and though she seemed a little suspicious, a little reluctant to give up the bags, her demeanor lightens when she figures out you're not up to no good.

Damned if it isn't a lot to carry, you'd have bet eventually the bags would have just ripped open, the way she was dragging them.

"So where to? It's almost nighttime, the museum is going to be closed if you were planning on... actually I have no idea what you were planning on."

"The museum? No way, that place is boring. Nah, we live in the service house. Or well, I do, the Gems live under it."

Well that's rather weird, but explains why she'd be headed out this way at night and alone. That said, not like crime is a problem for this town, she'd probably be safe as houses wherever she went at night around here.

Still, you don't look forward to the walk, it'll be a good twenty to thirty minutes to reach the lighthouse at this pace. Or perhaps this can count as your evening run. A walk to be fair, but carrying a good bit of weight.

You listen to her go on about her day, something about collecting sea shells for the coming beach competition and strange stuff washing up on shore.

---

Eventually you reach the service house together, a small two-storey house raised on a concrete foundation. Same as the lighthouse, you can guess they didn't want this place washing away in a storm. Upon getting near enough to the house, Sarah skips ahead and up the steps to the front door, drumming on it with her hands.

"Police! Open up!"

You know for sure if you tried that at home, your dad would give you a good walloping for it. In short order though, the door is opened by a... person?

"Ah officer I'm sure zhis is all a big misunderstanding, no?"

"No dice! You're under arrest!"

Sarah throws herself around the... woman, yes you're pretty sure she's a woman. Strange appearance though, both her skin and hair are a shade of... orange? Or at least a strong tan, maybe it's just the light from the bulbs outside. Whatever the case, she's reciprocates the hug by Sarah, but eventually her gaze settles on you with an obvious amount of skepticism.

"Aaand... who is zhis? Why are you carrying so many requin packages?"

>Introduce yourself, from her perspective this probably looks really weird.
>Let Sarah take care of it, she clearly knows this woman.
>Take the lead yourself, you've got questions yourself that you want answered.
>[Write-in.]
>>
>>94492
>Introduce yourself, from her perspective this probably looks really weird.
>>
File: image.jpg (359KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
359KB, 2048x1536px
>>94734
It's probably best if you break the ice, since well, you're not sure you trust Sarah to not make things worse by what she might say.

"My name's Owen, I live in town. I was on my way home after getting a bite to eat at the Windswept when I bumped into Sarah and figured she could use some help, these are hers."

You show shuffle the bags in your arms to indicate what you mean. The woman puts two and two together, and let's out an exasperated sigh.

"Sarah you know how I feel about zhis, I wish you let me-"

"Don't fret Sol, they're just for dessert! For the next... month! Don't worry about the freezer space, I'll make room!"

The girl bolts off into the house with a wild grin, leaving the woman half spoken through a sentence, before shaking her head. She is aware of your presence though, quickly turning attention to you once more. The more she speaks, the more you pin it as a French accent, though the beret stereotypically doesn't help.

"Ah, I am Soleil, it is a pleasure to meet you monsieur Owen. Please, won't you come in? Let us not leave you holding zhe bags any longer."

With a small curtsy, she opens the door al the way and leads the way inside. Following her through the small house, you take a gander and see it's a pretty nice place if a bit sparse. All the decorations and furniture and such look far too fancy to actually be used, and some rooms look like they haven't had their setup altered in some time. Soleil walks through a couple rooms before coming to a kitchen area, talking across the house to Sarah whom once you reach the kitchen see her standing on a chair and rummaging madly through a fridge freezer. Frozen produce lay scattered across the floor, to which the woman scolds her for while picking the foodstuffs up and trying to return the freezer to the way it was.

You take the chance to set the bags on the counter, which Sarah hops up to sit on as she rummages through one of the bags.

"-and you can't expect to fit all of zhose in here, we'll just have to zhrow zhem away! Perhaps monsieur Owen could take so-"

"Hey is Emma back yet? She shoulda been yesterday, right?"

Another housemate? Maybe the other woman who takes care of Sarah, according to what Daniela said.

>Have the ice cream you'd been given earlier, it's only going to melt and it's not like you have anything to do while these two bicker on.
>Ask if you can help in any way, the sooner done the sooner you can leave.
>Question their living situation, this certainly doesn't feel like a service house not to mention that the lighthouse isn't operational anymore.
>[Write-in.]
>>
>>95321
>Ask if you can help in any way, the sooner done the sooner you can leave.
>>
File: image.jpg (308KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
308KB, 2048x1536px
>>95832
Seeing the trouble they're having with managing the bags of packages, you decide to offer a hand. You don't expect to get far, but at least it's polite.

"I don't suppose I could help, if you're having any trouble. I know a thing or two about packing freezers."

"You know actually you could, oui. If you could manage zhe one bag, I'll have Sarah store zhe other in her mini-fridge upstairs. I've been telling her to clean it out for weeks now."

"Aw what? My fridge is fine! Everything in there stays!"

Hushing her before lifting the girl off of the counter, Soleil lifts one of the bags apparently with ease and leads the girl upstairs, bickering all the way. Surprising to say the least, she must be stronger than she looks. Still you've got a job ahead of you, and your job skills come into play here.

In a flurry you quickly organize the freezer, and judging by the bag you can tell you'll have more than enough space if you play this right. Four at a time you start to pile the packets into the freezer, setting them up to take roughly half so that the other frozen produce can still be gotten without causing an ice cream avalanche. About a third of the way through the bag, and you hear someone coming down the stairs.

"So monsieur Owen, Sarah speaks well of you and we can't zhank you enough for providing assistance."

"Oh that, well she bit off more than she could chew, right? You know it's funny but she was trying to but double this amount, the cash-"

While moving between the bag and the freezer, you're cut off mid-sentence when you feel yourself stopped, hard by Soleil. Her hand firmly gripping your shoulder, not painfully or aggressively, but strong enough that you can't move. You even try, thinking it a joke at first, but somehow even with the one hand she's clearly stronger than you and she doesn't even look like she's straining. Your eyes wander to hers, and notice for real that the'yre actually glowing.

"About zhat... she also said you invited her to your workplace for more of zhese. Walking her home at night, asking her to spend time in zhe day. One wonders why a young man has such interest in a young girl. Surely it cannot be for her sweet tooth."

She remains civil, polite, but you can sense something burning underneath.

>Explain that it's all an honest effort on your part to help Sarah out, your inner cart-pusher demands it.
>Tell her her worries are ungrounded, she's jumping to some pretty big conclusions.
>Try to resist her, you're all for being polite and settling this potentially nasty issue but on your own terms, not in her grip like a naughty child.
>[Write-in.]
>>
>>96310
>Try to resist her, you're all for being polite and settling this potentially nasty issue but on your own terms, not in her grip like a naughty child.

THEN,
>Explain that it's all an honest effort on your part to help Sarah out, your inner cart-pusher demands it.
>>
File: image.jpg (339KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
339KB, 2048x1536px
>>98437
You don't like the way the situation is going, and intend to change it. You can understand the woman's concerns, you'd probably have the same feelings as well if you were in her shoes. You don't take kindly though to her grabbing and holding onto you while speaking down.

"Listen, I'm open to talking about this but not while you're-"

You try to bring your arm around to loose her grip but can't even manage that. Just how strong is she? Fed up with it, you use your free arm to push her hand off which has the desired effect of getting her to let go. From what you can tell though, it seems like she let go from being startled by your pushing against her rather than by you actually making her. Indeed, when you made contact it felt like pushing against a stone wall.

Free of her grip you stagger back, catching your balance and seeing her move towards you, though when she realizes you aren't going to fall over she comes to a stop next to the fridge and shuts the freezer door in order to lean against it with a intrigued look.

"Alright zhen, you will explain yourself, oui?"

Taking a deep breath and trying to slow your elevated heart rate, you try to sound calm when you respond.

"She... Sarah was trying to clean out the Windswept Mart of all the ice cream they had, I heard her say something about getting her monthly allowance from her dad?"

Hearing this, Soleil knowingly rolls her eyes, and you can probably guess that this is a regular thing for them.

"I was in line behind her and tried to get things to hurry along since it was taking forever for Daniela to ring all the packages up, so I offered Sarah to buy the rest of what she wanted from where I work another time. Didn't invite her to spend time with me, just to leave with what she had, since even that was too much for her to carry. That's why I'm here, understand?"

Her eyebrows lower as her gaze wanders over to the still mostly full bag on the counter, before opening the freezer again, and stepping aside to gesture to it in a non-threatening way.

"Very well monsieur Owen, you have my gratitude, so please accept my apologies. You can understand where my concern came from, oui?"

Slowly you nod, before returning to the freezer, as she hands you the packets one after the other to help with storing them.

---

A short while and conversation about your place of work later, and Sarah comes bounding down the stairs, hopping up onto the counter again to sit.

"Aw what? You guys've got some teamwork system going, and I had to do the other bag all by myself?"

"Ozher people use zhis fridge Sarah, you're lucky monsieur Owen is... surprisingly good at what he does."

Looks like Mr. Nguyen always hammering the values of saving space into your head paid off, as you take the last Shark Sizzler from Soleil, and she shuts the door.

"Just Owen is fine."
>>
>>99702

>Take your leave, you helped as you'd intended and don't want to bother them anymore.
>Tell Soleil to accompany Sarah next time she stops by the Mega World Mart, she'll need help carrying the rest of the ice cream she wanted to buy.
>Try and suss out the obvious issue involving the ice cream, since their bickering probably won't go anywhere.
>[Write-in.]
>>
>>99763
Just leave. You did your good job for the day, cart pusher. Go home and rest up.
>>
File: image.jpg (263KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
263KB, 2048x1536px
>>101036
After all that's happened, you figure it's time to head out. Don't want to intrude any more than you have, and you've got better things to do than sit around arguing about ice cream. In fact, if you never see another Shark Sizzler it'll be too soon.

Letting the two of them know of your plans to depart, Soleil shows you the door, thanking you again before bidding you farewell. Standing outside, you look out across the waves vaguely illuminated by the moon, taking a deep breath as your gaze eventually drifts over the sand banks to to town. This'll be a good run you think to yourself, as you stretch your legs a bit.

Before you can go though, Sarah bounds out of the house calling your name.

"Owen! Hey, I didn't get to thank you for helping me today. Lemme make it up to you, you can be on my team for the Fall sandcastle competition! If you don't have work on Sunday, we're gonna be looking for fancy sea shells on the beach. It's the secret that'll make our castle the best, that's why we always win! Or, at least most of the time!"

Saying goodbye with a high five, she heads back inside leaving you wondering if there's a competition every season, considering she needed to specify the Fall one. Either way, that's for Sunday if it does happen, and might as well be a thousand miles away. For tonight, you've got a solid run ahead of you, back to your place in town.
>>
>>101115

>Credits Roll
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuDCTzqJc40

I do believe the thread is in autosage, so thanks to everyone who played! I had fun for a simple first quest, and might continue it in a few days if anyone enjoyed it.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.