[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Melted Mask Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 3

File: images (11).jpg (8KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
images (11).jpg
8KB, 251x201px
Oh hell yeah! This is one of the best scavenging sites you've ever stumbled upon! Guess not too many people are stupid enough to go into a zone as irradiated as this but he'll they're missing out! You grab as much as you can fit in your duffel bag and walk out of the building with a smile on your face and get a nice safe distance away. You pull down the hood on your head and start pulling at the rubbery mask on your head to slip it right off. You tug and pull at the thing until your skin has marks on it. It won't budge no matter where you approach from. Fear sets in as you realize that the cells in your skin may have fused with the material in your mask.

>To the east you know there's a settlement with a sorta trained doctor that could help you out, but you'd need to sell everything but the clothes on your back to afford treatment along with the fee to enter the town gates. To the north is another settlement, though it forgoes medical treatment for the luxury of a whore house. Where should we journey to first?
>>
To the north
>>
>>708546
Roll 1d100
>>
Rolled 10 (1d100)

>>708676
The horror of realizing you will never again be able to scratch that itch on your face!
>>
>>708717
>10
Everything seems fine and dandy on your journey up north, until you get a look at the town with your binoculars. There's a small pack of 3 bears tearing people limb from limb as the scarce amount survivors try and fend them off with crude weaponry. Going into town seems like a bad idea but it's up to you.

>How do you deal with the bear problem?
>>
>>708796
Do we have something that we could weaponize?
We could try setting up a trap with barbed tripwire, Mcguiver some caltrops, snap metal tubes at an angle to get a spike that will bleed out the bears.
Let's go full Vietcong on their asses
>>
>>708836
In the rad building you found a hell of a lot of scrap metal. You also have a .45 pistol that holds 7 shots out of your box of 21.
>>
File: Those who forget history.png (1021KB, 1103x574px) Image search: [Google]
Those who forget history.png
1021KB, 1103x574px
>>708845
Set up some sharp spikes of metal like pic related, conceal them with some tarp and debris, then we stand behind them and take a shot to one of the bears.

Just one shot, we don't know if we will need to defen ourselves agains these people and the spikes should do the job.
>>
>>708878
roll 2d100
>>
Rolled 78, 77 = 155 (2d100)

>>708886
>>
>>708897
>78
After a bit of sharpening and cuts to your hands the defenses are set, with plenty of scrap to spare
>77
A shot rings out as it hits one of the bears square in the leg. That gets its attention as it starts sprinting up the hill you're on.
>>
Rolled 36 (1d100)

>>
>>708917
Kneel and brace ourselves
We want the beast to be as close to the ground, and to the spikes, as possible
>>
>>708921
>36
Oh Jesus Christ it bounded over all that metal.
>How in the hell do you seal with a bear that's only a few feet from you.
>>
>>708936
We still have 6 shot left in the chamber
>>
>>708946
By that i mean shoot to the face and hope for the best
>>
>>708959
roll 1d100 for bear murder
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>708971
Please, don't let this quest die because of me RNGesus
>>
>>708975
>26
Blam! Blam! Blam! half your shots fly past the huge God damn bear before it swipes the pistol out of your hand.

>You have a machete and that's all, wanna try for it? or do you have a better idea?
>>
>>708983
Do we have a flare gun or something? If not just slash the bear to make it recoil and run to the spikes
>>
>>708994
No flare gun unfortunately. Only thing very effective on you is that machete.
>>
>>709006
Fine. Slash at its face and hope it recoils from the pain.
Then run to the spikes hping it chases us, duck an roll to the side just before it catches us.
I don't want us to end like DiCaprio, that'd be nasty
>>
>>709019
roll 1d100 to cut a bitch
>>
File: tegaki.png (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
26KB, 400x400px
Rolled 25 (1d100)

If we don't make it, i want you to have this to commemorate it
>>
>>709059
bear roll
>>
Rolled 40 (1d100)

>>709067
I'm an idiot
>>
Rolled 40 (1d100)

>>709067
Rolling for bear? ok
>>
>>709074
>25 vs 40
The slash gets your machete stuck in between the skin and bone, which surprisingly doesn't phase it.
>No choice but to run, what you say?
>>
>>709075
I can't believe both bear rolls were exactly the same
>>
>>709085
Destiny is not on the side of our melted friend

>Skedaddle out of here
>>
>>709091
roll 1d100 to comedically scramble away from the situation.
>>
Rolled 41 (1d100)

>>709094
Fuck, i feel so bad because it was all my fault. Hope at least we get to escape
>>
>>709104
>41
Jesus Christ you can't get away! it keeps a steady pace behind you, and most definitely has more stamina in the long run.
>I'm clueless for hints. save your own skin however you can.
>>
>>709111
Is there a slope we can run downwards?
We can throw our shirt at him or something to slow him down. It's not like we can sink any lower right now.
>>
>>709119
Since we're up on a hill it's very possible. Throwing your jacket is also a problem as you have an extra in your duffel bag.
>>
>>709123
*not a problem
>>
>>709123
We lead him down the mountain where its stubby legs will be a problem and throw our jacket at his face to dissuade him.

Other than that we can throw the duffel bag at him hoping he catches it with its mouth and impales itself with the scrap, but only as a last resort.
>>
>>709139
roll 2d100 for genius escape plan.
>>
Rolled 71, 16 = 87 (2d100)

>>709146
>>
>>709159
>71
Now this hill plan was good! you outrun the bear easily with it having trouble catching up, however...
>16
Like an idiot you throw the coat when you're too far away from the bear, meaning you might as well have dropped it.
>The bear is far behind now, meaning less rushed thinking and more time to plan. Along with that without a coat it's clearly visible you're kind of a hunk. Scavenging can really build up muscle mass it seems.
>>
>>709170
We don't have a spare gun or something do we?
What else are we carrying?
>>
>>709177
You have plenty of metal parts of varying sizes, your spare bullets, jerky, a portable radio, Swiss army knife, and spare twiggy kindling. that and your spare jacket of course.
>>
>>709188
>Eat jerky
>Set up a small fire
>Tie our spare jacket to the end of a metal pipe
>Add a few pointy bits if we have them
>Set the jacket end on fire
We try to scare him off with flame spear

Worse come to worse

>Drop some bullets into the fire, pointing to the bear if possible

This is as far as i can stay awake. Hope i catch you later. Goodnight.
>>
>>709221
You're a few yards away from the bear not miles. by the time you make a spear you'd be a masked meal.
>>
>>709237
Any trees good enough to climb?
>>
>>709330
You're in a field like area. it's like eastern Washington or some shit.
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>709170
Turn around and shout, flailing arms wildly!

Hope that your muffled scream and inhuman wheezing will scare it off!
>>
>>709501
>81
Fuckinh Christ you're terrifying! The muffled screams and yelps cause the bear to back off a bit before turning around to get away from your scary ass.

>1 bear down 2 to go. how do you deal with the rest of this mess?
>>
Rolled 25, 91 = 116 (2d100)

>>709506
Continue in the same manner.

Also, rolling for how lush and intimidating our chest is!
>>
>>709508
>25
You rush off with confidence in your new found fear factor! not before tripping over your own metallic spike trap and getting a huge gash in your leg.
>91
On the other hand though you have the chiseled pecs of a god and the abs of a master shitter. This doesn't mean you aren't bleeding though.
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>709510
You half-remember some old saying, something about pain and weakness. Rolling for endurance!
>>
>>709513
And reach for a metal spike. It's a spear now.
>>
>>709513
>81
Cuagulation of the will! You march forward and look over the town to find that the survivors of the bear attack have bashed in some ursine skull.
>Now that you have some time saved what should we do in town?
>>
Rolled 35 (1d100)

>>709515
let's see if it works
>>
>>709520
ow. no spear.
>>
>>709517
Tourniquet and hookers. Not necessarily in that order.
>>
>>709523
You saunter on up to the first of the merchants as they let out a groan upon you walking up.

>"You want something for all those bear wounds?" give your response.
>>
Rolled 56 (1d100)

>>709529
"Sure, I'll have some gauze and a bottle of something stiff. I'll pay with scrap"
>>
>>709536
Looks like we didn't get ripped off at least.
>>
>>709536
>"Scrap? let's hope you've got a hell of a lot." you know what to do.
>>
>>709541
Smile: "Good thing I got exactly that much and some"
>>
(gonna go off til later today)
>>
It's ya boy!
>>
>>715200
o shit, fuck my timezone
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.