[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Silverlin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 7

File: 5120x4096-fantasy_city-749.jpg (2MB, 5120x4096px) Image search: [Google]
5120x4096-fantasy_city-749.jpg
2MB, 5120x4096px
Welcome to Silverlin, Grand city of mages.
It can be quite overwhelming your first time here but you will get use to it.

Watch out for that fire ball!

Good reflexes, that will be a blessing to keeping you alive. Now then where was I, oh yes! Here in Silverlin there are 8 districts here, each one with its own specialty of magic and guild master who presides over them, each onet makes up the Grand Council that rules over this here spectacular city.

First we have the Evocation district as you could tell from the fire and ice spouting from those excitable wizards, dont worry most of them are all flash. Though I would advise against upsetting any of the more powerful ones, I myself am allergic to being turned into a pile of ash! The guild here is run by a eccentric little bald gnome who is just as excitable as the rest of them.

Alright to the next one! Here we have the Conjuration District, yes that is devil from hell just dont look him the eye and you will be fine, probably. You can find all sorts of bazzar outsiders roaming the streets here, from elemental of the outer planes to the angels of heaven bound by are illustrious conjures testing their skills. The Fetchling guild master is a quite one but his little imp minions do enough talking for him i think.

Keep a hold of your wits now, we are heading into the Enchantment district. Here you can find a brothel on ever street corner and each one is a home to some of the most lovely ladies, or me, or things you can hope for. I've laid eyes on the Teifling mistress of the guild here and let me tell you I had to wear my hat for a few days!

Now is everyone still with me? oh looks like we lost some people to "The Scaly Taint" I'm sure they will catch up

On to the busiest district yet, the Transmutation district is mostly just one big bazaar where one can find a variety of magical and mundane wares most of which goes through the bank/trade/mage guild run by the human headmaster with the most creepy smile I've ever seen.

I would hold your nose on this one , the Necromancy District has a bit of a smell to it. Most of these fine dead individuals make up the but of the work force here , wizards being the lazy bunch they are don't like all that hard work so they let the dead do it for them. No complaints from me, just don't get your limbs to close to any of- well there goes another one.

Off to the Divination District, those orbs floating around the city are these mages handy work, those spy cams see keep an eye out for folks that cause trouble and alert the guard accordingly. You can also find quite a few seerers here that will tell you over your future or show you the homes your from just encase your a little homesick

You can thank the strong walls to this place, the Abjuration District, it helps protect all of Silverlin from outside threats that would break down its walls, you can als othank it for the strong barriers that keep those creatures in Conjuration stuck in there.
>>
>>701534
The dwarf guild master here maintains the walls and a vigilant eye for outside threats a little to stuck up for my taste though.

This last one here is a bit of a pickle to find, yes I know it looks like a solid wall but that's the Illusion District for you, always trying to impress with their fancy spells. If you find that you need a more refine entertainment then the brothels of Enchantment can give you then step into any of the elaborate theaters that dot this part of the city, you might find yourself thinking your in the gullet of some foul beast ha!

That ends the tour of this grand city, I hope you enjoyed it ! any questions? what was that moving in the sewer? now don't mind that now and please deposit 5 gold into my cap as you leave!
>>
And then?
>>
>>701574
Check inventory?
>>
>>702117
You are in the crowed of people that toke the tour, now that it is finished you have a basic understanding of the area and can go to where you want.

>>702133
You check the battered pack you brought with you and see 20 gold pieces rustling around at the bottom, along with several wrapped trail rations and a few books of magic
>>
>>702175
>Give guide 5 gold
>Read the titles for our magic books
So we know what they are.
>>
>>702191
Your guild puts his hat back on his head and gives you a lose toothed grin. " Thank you kindly lad! Keep your wits and you will be fine !" He trots off to the Enchantment district.

The books read, "Creatures of Magic" and "How to Cast Fire With Out Burning Yourself" A beginners guide to Evocation.
>>
>>702235
Well let's head to the evocation district first since we have a book for it.

We should not limit ourselves to one magic if we can.
Diversity is key.
>>
>>702235
Head to the enchantment district
>>
>>702270
Putting your books back into your pack you set off to the Evocation district with vigor. Once there you find yourself in a daze while walking past dozen of shops filled with magical wares. " The Hobllin Goblin " shows a stupy Goblin with a bomb its one hand, a tavern sign burst into flames as you past by it " Furous Flaming Brews" reads the charred wood. Several wizards battle each other with Lightning and Acid within a small courtyard. while strange owlbears drag large carts across the street.
>>
>>702348
Ask around for directions to the guild hall.
>>
>>702287
You follow in the direction of your guide and enter into the gates of the Enchantment district, almost instantly you are swarmed by fawning women , their perfumes wafting a sweet smile of lavender into your nose as they draw close. " Come, come, let us play the day and night away!" They beckon you toward a Brothel called "The Final Meal"
>>
>>702363
You notice what seems to be a guard dressed in silver armor, his chest piece depicts a bolt of lightning wrapping around a shield, as you draw close he stands straight. " How may the Silver Ward asst you traveler? The guild hall? Head down the wain road and turn off bimkins way till you find a large building with a glass dome, it should not be hard to miss since they always have a "firework" show going on over there.
>>
>>702363
>>702400
After following the directions given, you find your way to the guild hall , before you is a high steel fenced in area , behind which a wide courtyard filled with young wizards practice small spells with other class mates. A stone hewn pathway leads past brazers of blue fire to the the large wooden doors that mark the entrance of the guild. Off to the side you see an Amphitheater with blast of sourcing flame bursting like suns above it.
>>
>>702461
>Enter
Let's try to join.
And hopefully not blow up in the process.
And ask around about how to join the guild
>>
>>702477
You follow the path towards the doors and as you press forward on them you notice they do not budge. above you a fiery bird snickers then speaks " always a pleasure to see a novice try so hard only to fail, maybe you should give up and turn away now before you get hurt."
>>
>>702620
Do we know any evocation spells?
Throw a fireball at the door if we do.
Violence is always the answer.
>>
>>702626
You toss a flaming spear at the wooden door and it sinks down into nothing before being spit back at you at full force. The bird chuckles " Oh my, such a show of force, I bet that hurt quite alot."
>>
>>702653
I hate this bird already.
>If your so smart how do I get In then?
>>
>>702693
" So glad you asked!" he pips before flying over the doorway stone wall, revealing arcane runes that read. " Destruction at ones on hand that seek it in turn, but one who knows when to use force, and when to use only the warming flame opens the way." the bird roost on its perch once more. " If you die, I'll send my regards to your family and let them know you died failing."
>>
>>702768
Okay not blow the door down.
Make a small flame and put it near the door.
>To be honest I'd rather live succeeding.
>>
>>702783
The door burst into flames and spreads into your arm out of control, it burns hot and sears your flesh. the bird looks on at you with a cackle " Will you now? or will you turn to ash trying?" The door is now a wall of flames burning fiercely at your hands but not reaching the rest of your body.
>>
>>702812
>Try to put our hand it.
This is not okay.
>Maybe I'm over complicating this
>Hey bird can you open this door for me?
>>
>>702848
Your hand is put out and the pain remains as you look up at the bird It tilts its head " the door IS open, do you not wish to walk through it? then leave" it then flies through the open flame.
>>
>>702857
Fortune favors the brave
>Walk through the open flame.
The bird is either honest or has led us to our death.
>>
>>702864
You are consumed by the fire as you breach the threshold, flames lick at your skin and pain shoots throughout all of your body, with each step the fire gets hotter, one,two,three, surely the doorway was not this long, you feel your skin peeling back from the heat that scraps at it. This bird could be leading you to your death, do you really want to keep moving forward?
>>
>>702894
>We're already knee deep. Grit our teeth and keep moving.
>>
>>702894
cast an ice spell
>>
>>702911
>>702914
The ice evaporates into the unending flame, which only seems to get hotter at your attempts to banish it, you grit down hard and walk faster into the fire, all consuming it takes your skin, your bones and your very soul away before you make a final step out into an open foray. Falling to your knees, you radiate heat and the pain lingers dully at the back of your head. A cold hand finds your shoulder and you look up to see a smile bald old gnome. " Congratulations, You've learned your first lesson. Welcome to Evictanos."
>>
>>702955
"the fuck is wrong with you old man? I swear revenge"
>>
>>702966
He picks you up and gestures to your body, which is unharmed and not burned at all only the memory of the fires pain remains. " As you can see the spell has not mared your body, only tempered your mind. This was a lesson every student must learn when they come here, to know that force is not always needed, and to feel the pain which ones spells bring on those you inflict them on."
>>
>>702955
>"You crazy old gnome."
>"Can I have some water now?"
What kind of lesson was that even?
Determination?
Courage?
How to be retarded?
>>
>>702998
>"Can I have some water?"
>"I never have to do that again right?"
>>
>>702999
>>702998
With a gesture he sends a student off for a cup of water, which he hands to you all. " If you are to learn here you must remember these teaching, for they will show you the way to control even the most wildest of flames. Now what are your names?"
>>
>>703014
My name is my own business, now get me some ice for this water
>>
>>703014
>Eran.
>And I'll remember not to play with flames. That was awful.
>>
>>703024
He hands you the glass of water, which as you take it freezes completely solid. " Well now, I hope that helps cool your head a bit, when you are ready to talk civil I'll be in my quarters.
>>
>>703035
He gives you a light pat on the back " Well done Eran, and to tell you the truth you will have to do that again, every time you face down another student you will have to face their will against yours, just like those flames. We will start you off with much smaller feats though then that one though. " He moves his stubby arms toward a long staircase leading up. " Up there you will find an attendant who will help you find your courses of magic to study, there are no dorms here so you must find a place to stay outside the guild walls."
>>
>>703072
haha fug, messed that one up didnt I?
>>
>>703043
>>703072
Old man, I feel a disturbance in the timeline, seems like a parallel world has collided with ours. That is, if my time-manipulation training remains strong
>>
>>703099
He gives you a qwizzled look and frowns. " Whats that now, time disturbance? haha you are in the wrong guild my friend , you must be looking for the Transmutation Guild, they are located elsewhere "
>>
>>703111
ask him, in all honesty, which is the best guild to meet pretty ladies
>>
>>703117
Enchantments for sure.
>>703072
>Head up the staircase and look for this attendant.
>>
File: 110116115740666268.jpg (35KB, 487x498px) Image search: [Google]
110116115740666268.jpg
35KB, 487x498px
>>703126
Heading up the stairs you notice some of the surrounding area, students dashing about while burden by tomes, while other sit in chairs against the wall practicing on candle flames while others fly through the air higher towards the domed ceiling throwing ice shards the size of dogs at each other which glace off the. domed walls harmlessly. You find the attendant waiting for you, a young looking girl with blonde hair that flows over slightly pointed ears, a half-elf. " Hello there, your the new student right? I'm Amiri, we saw that you were quite skilled with fire magic , but would like to ask which spells you would like to specialize in?
>>
>>703185
>What are my options.
Got to know all mah options first.
Maybe specialize in fire depending.
>>
>>703185
body piercing spells
>>
>>703223
(Anon I think we're different people in this quest. I might be wrong though.)
>>703185
(OP are we different characters?)
>>
>>703202
"Fire, obviously.
Ice and water.
Air and Lightning
Earth and Acid
or Force, all of which make for good Evocation magic "
>>
>>703223
>>703231
(You are indeed different characters, everyone participating is a different individual from the tour)
>>
>>703241
>Earth sounds like a solid choice.
Pun is intentional.
>>
>>703254
With a small grin she writes you down for your next classes. " you will learn earth moving magic and acidic splash spells tomorrow then. Reference books can be found in the library, there are plenty of shops in town to buy material components for spells and scrolls and I'm sure you can find a tavern that can hold you up for the night."
>>
>>703281
>Thank you Madame. I'll be off then.
>Leave the guild hall
Let's check out the city
>Go to the enchantment district first
Guide went there after all.
>>
>>703298
(Will pick up tomorrow morning, night guys)
>>
>>703318
G'night OP.
>>
>>703298
The smell of lit incense wafts over you as you enter the Enchantment District, fawning women wave to bewitched men who stagger into the houses. " Bounded Passion"," Sweet Savors","Hells Lovers" ," Afterlifes Helping Hand" and many more clutter the street with courtesans. Other stores for personal wares also can be found.
>>
>>704140
(Is that you OP? You should use a trip)
>I was always uncomfortable with enchanters.
>Wander the streets a bit and look for an inn
>>
>>704191
Roaming around the streets you find many brothels that also act as an inn for a night though a few regular pubs can be found here and there. " Twanys Filler-up" seems to be the most popular , but a cheaper one resides down a back ally of side streets called " Gutters Rest"

(it is I OP! I do not know how to do that!)
>>
What school of magic will let us divide by zero?

"Twanys Filler-up" sounds fine. We don't want to get rolled on our first night in town.
>>
>>704444
You move through a crowed of people toward a huge inn with sign of crocked mug being filled. its quite crowed near its doors and you hear music playing inside.

Roll 15 or better.

(also remember your each your own person, you are welcome to go anywhere you wish.)
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>704474
(I'm rolling right?)
Dice gods be with me.
>>
>>704486
Even though you are pressed between people you still notice a hand reach into your back pack and grab what you can only assume is your gold. turning around you see a young child crawling between the legs of people
>>
>>704509
>Stop! Thief!
>Chase that kid down.
>>
>>704512
Rushing forth past people you chase after the young pickpocket who dashes into a side ally you pick up your speed in hopes of out running them.

As you turn the corner a large man carrying a create of goods is suddenly in your way, you-

Roll 10 or better
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>704523
DODGE!
>>
>>704556
Your reflexs kick in and you press yourself flat against the wall, just barely missing getting ran over by a wall over a man. You wuickly duck behind him and continue your chase after the thief, following them between twist and turns before finally catching up to the child at a dead it. they turn around to look at you, clutching one of your magic books to their chest. A girl stares at you with a stern look that can only come from a life of hardship, she presses herself to the stone wall.
>>
>>704726
>Wait you didn't take my gold?
>Why do you want my magic book?
>>
>>704744
You hear the clicking of a tongue behind you and 4 rough looking men block your exit that you came from. One of which looks at you smugly " Because in this city, if you dont know magic, Your not Anythin. Poor little kid probably though the she could be livin in a better life if she knew a few spell ya? In any case you did a good job girl, now hand over everything you have or we will kill you and take it anyways." two men approach you with short swords while another stays back holding a crossbow towards your direction. the boss stands between smiling greedy at you.
>>
>>704780
>Put up our hands facing them like we're surrendering.
>Unleash a large gout of fire. Engulf them.
Also I should be ready to dodge if they fire that crossbow.
>>
>>704800
18 or higher
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>704950
meant to roll
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>704950
This is gonna go bad.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>704800
>>704957
The two coming your way are covered in the flames and they scream falling to the ground, the boss snarls." Playing this the hard way then huh? shoot him!" the crossbow men unleashes an arrow at you

14 or higher
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>704975
DODGE! again.
>>
>>704987
The arrow strikes true, hitting you square in the shoulder and piercing through to protrude out the back. Lurching forward the boss comes at you with a knife making his way to face you up close. " Tonight you die Wizard pig"
>>
>>704999
Put them on ice.
Also shout for help.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d4)

>>705008
14 to hit
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>705020
Praying for good rolls.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>705020
Your ice hits the boss head on, freezing the edges of his skin. he growls and puts stabs at your chest.

The crossbowman adds another bolt and readys it for fire.

14 for him to hit you
>>
>>705266
His dagger slices at your chest but only cuts cloth as you edge back into the wall
>>
>>705273
Launch another gout of flames directly at their boss.
Gotta finish him off fast
>>
>>705287
14 to hit him
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>705300
Rolling for more fire.
>>
>>705328
His close presence makes disrupts your concentration and the spell fissile out in your hand as you cast it. " Time to die " he screams before you are splattered in blood...

An arrow protrudes from his chest and he falls dead on the ground, you see 2 Silver Ward guards standing at the entrance to the ally. " Looks like we made it in time, we heard the scream and came as fast as we can. " The other would be thief lays at the side of the other wrapped tightly in what seems to be iron bands.
>>
>>705438
>Thanks for that assistance. I'm not sure I would have lasted
>Look for the thief girl.
She should still be here.
>Well of you have everything handled we should leave
>Motion for the girl to follow us and leave that awful alleyway.
>>
>>705461
When you search for the girl you find that she is missing, vanish during the commotion of battle. The guard nods at you. " Would you like some assistance getting home sir? I can escort you if need be." when you look you find that your "How to Cast Fire With Out Burning Yourself" book is gone from your pack.
>>
>>705479
>Actually I'm looking for someone. Do you know if anyone in divination might be able to help? I know her appearance but not her name.
>>
>>705487
"Plenty sir, you should go to a scryer, they should be able to help you find who you are looking for, with a price and if you have something of the person your looking for it should help." He jots down a few addresses on a note pad and hands it to you .
>>
>>705522
>Thank you kind sirs
>Head towards divination for a scryer
So we can find her before she burns herself.
>>
>>705530
you head to the first name on the list and find yourself standing before mansion with a small sign that says "Secret Finders Guild" inside you see several well dressed individuals one speaking to a customer and another waiting behind a desk who addresses you with a frown as see looks over your tattered and cut garbs. "uh, what can we help you find today?"
>>
>>705561
>I've lost a child and I need to find her.
>I'm deeply worried.
>Sadly I don't have her belongings on me but I remember her appearances.
>>
>>705575
She gives you a sad look. " that is truly a shame! I hope we can help you but without an item from the person there is a chance that the spell might no work, I hope you are okay with that?" She pencils in a few things on a paper and hands it to you. " we will have the spell ready for you tomorrow at 12pm, which will cost 360gp to be paid now"
>>
>>705591
>360

>Sad face
>All I have is 15 gold a book on magic creatures and my knowledge on evocation with me currently. I'm sorry if I've wasted your time.

Being poor hurts.
>>
>>705620
the attendant nods her head trying to seem understanding but clearly unsatisfied with the waste of time you proven to be. " We apologize for the inconvenience sir, but without proper payment we can not locate your individual. Perhaps you can find a local small time seerer to help you locate them, the would charge less, or inform the guards of a missing person."
>>
>>705655
>Thank you Madame.
>Leave. Lets go find a guard.
>>
>>705663
You find a guard at one of the many gates to and from each district. He ask you questions about the missing girl. "Tell me what she looks like and we will make a missing person poster to place up around town, is this girl your daughter?"
>>
>>705673
>Give him a description of the thief girl.
>Nope she stole a belonging of mines from me.
>>
>>705690
with a nod he takes your details and hands them to another guard who dashes off to make copies. "As soon as e find the perp will contact you just let us know where you are staying and we will send someone to inform you when we are able to retrieve your stolen book."
>>
>>705715
>Tell him the directions and description of the tavern we were at when we got robbed.
>>
>>705719
He gives you a knowing smile. " Someone will be sleeping well tonight those are good beds and good food, but even better mead. I wish I had the coin to afford a night in that joint!"
>>
>>705749
>I wish I could afford it
Oh dear.
I'm worried now.
>Let's head back to that inn and try to get a job there. Maybe they have a servants quarters.
>>
>>705764
Pushing your way through the crowd once more you make it inside and see a spectacular display, easily twenty round tables all of which are filled line the room around a large stage playing ontop is a band with a half-elf girl dancing for entertainment. bar maids do their own dance while zigzagging through the crowed deliverring orders of food that wafts into the whole play making it smell of honey roasted duck, fired potatoes stuffed in pig and sweet smelling pies. While the bar packs full of thirsty patroons laughing and smiling while they down their mean. You find a pudgy man with a mustash that leads into his hair standing off near some stairs leading up. " Looking for a room ya? 150gp per night."
>>
>>705825
>Actually I was wondering if you had any job openings.
>>
>>705856
With a loud hearty laugh he shakes his head. " No son, we are full up at the moment this place always is we hire from other taverns you see, only the best here. if you are looking for work you can check the bounty boards here or at the guard check points."
>>
>>705884
>Head to the bounty boards.
We need money fast.
>>
>>705892
The board clutters with papers. "Missing Persons" Followed by a long list of names and a note "See Guard Cpt Erick Filstien" , " Bodies needed for expropriation team into sewers", " In need of assistant to gather spell components in The Wizards Beard forest to the south", "Wanted, Phil Shadowlife"
>>
>>705935
>Grab the sewer mission.
We can handle this.
Maybe
>>
>>705950
You walk outside to find the petitioner only to see that night has fallen over Silverlin , with faire fire lamps lighting the sidewalks as the night settles in
>>
>>706287
Well we need to find a place of slumber.
See if we can find an inn in the evocation district.
>>
>>706297
You recall a back ally inn here in the enchantment district. Though the evocation district is sure to have cheep dwellings as well.
>>
>>706319
Let's go to the back alley in then.
Maybe the thief girl is hiding near there as well.
>>
>>706326
Down the dark allys you go, till you find the ricked hole in the wall inn with a broken sign that reads "Gutters Rest" With a knife sticking to it. two homless men lay on trashpouches on the opposite side of the inn. There is no door,and the windows are no more then in the wall. Inside you see a pale then man with a full beard specked with leftover food sitting behind a counter while a single patron sips on a mug of mead before hacking into his arm and then spitting on the floor.
>>
>>706364
>So how much for a room?
This place is shady as hell.
>>
>>706379
"Wha? oh two gold a night " the innkeeper coughs then holds out a scrawny hand. " pay up or get gone "
>>
>>706409
>Pay the man
And then go to our room.
>>
>>706546
Tucking the gold into his pocket he motions down the hallway where you find several rooms, all with no doors to them, in each is a small table and a bed of hay , your room is adjacent to that of a very load snoring women laying next to a naked old man.
>>
>>706793
Let's go to bed then
And clutch our belongings very tightly and closely while we sleep
>>
>>706806
Cold and long was your night laying on your hay bed clutching your only belongings. Once the morning comes you awake finding a nude old man clutching at your back. " Mmm Margret I'll pay for another hour.mmm"
>>
>>707041
>Disgusting.
>Climb out of bed as quickly as possible and head for the evocation guild hall.
Thread posts: 118
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.