[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/qtg/ - Quest Thread General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 792
Thread images: 174

File: QTG.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
QTG.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's. Posters looking for advice on tabletop games should look elsewhere.

Please do not shitpost, and please report any shit posters attempting to derail discussion or cause strife. This means avoiding tripfag drama or discussion about subjects such as getting rid of /qst/.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/u5xPbk6w (embed)
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory/
https://twitter.com/tgquestlist/lists/quest-master-directory (UPDATED LIST)
These are two directories containing the tweets of many current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. To get added to the second list, tweet @tgQuestList. Spamming tweets unrelated to your quest may result in its removal.

IRC Channels:
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net (slightly related to quests; enjoys worldbuilding, mechanics and politics)
[Hugbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net (barely related to quests; enjoys Larro quests and anime)

Discord server (Can provide feedback to new QM's, but shitposting is a bannable offense):
https://discord.gg/pXfcXZJ

Archive of quest reviews (if you find a review that is not on the list, please link it in the thread):
http://pastebin.com/u/QuestReviewsArchive

>QM Questions:
Is it a struggle to continue writing your current quest when you have other quest ideas that you want write about as well? Do you hold it in, focus, and wait until you finish your current quest or do you make the other quests at possible risk of spreading yourself too thin?

>Player Question:
What do you do when you see a new QM make rookie mistakes? Drop? Lurk? Keep voting anyway?
>>
>>697378
>Is it a struggle to continue writing your current quest when you have other quest ideas that you want write about as well? Do you hold it in, focus, and wait until you finish your current quest or do you make the other quests at possible risk of spreading yourself too thin?
I always run the quest I feel like running at the time.
>>
File: tumblr_lx00g6JoeW1qdemqzo1_540.jpg (75KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lx00g6JoeW1qdemqzo1_540.jpg
75KB, 540x405px
>>697378
>Is it a struggle to continue writing your current quest when you have other quest ideas that you want write about as well? Do you hold it in, focus, and wait until you finish your current quest or do you make the other quests at possible risk of spreading yourself too thin?
>>
>>697378
>Player
Pretty much glaze over their quest. I don't have the time to help someone be better at questing. Unless the idea is really good, then I'll keep voting. But never lurk. Never.
>>
>>697378
> QM Question:
I run what I can with the time given to me.
>>
>>697378
>Player Question:
Depends on the mistakes. If they look like they failed basic English, I ain't even gonna give them a chance.
>>
>>697378
No, it's a struggle because I have a lot of IRL stuff on my plate. And I would rather finish my current quest before anything else. RAPIDFIRE already taught me that lesson.

>What do you do when you see a new QM make rookie mistakes? Drop? Lurk? Keep voting anyway?
Keep voting and/or lurk, but I'm a picky man and I might not linger for long. Especially when it looks like every thread I participate as a player ends up dying.
>>
>Wanted to announce my quest resuming soon to my small handful of players
>They all hang out in Discord
>Discord's having problems
Welp, I hope at least one of them uses Twitter regularly.
>>
File: 1465960528335.jpg (179KB, 535x800px) Image search: [Google]
1465960528335.jpg
179KB, 535x800px
Nice job getting that Tues/Thurs thing going, faggot.
>>
>>697521
That ask question is a great laugh tho, right?
"You seem like a good authority on quests." PFFFFTTTAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAA
>>
File: confused girls.png (27KB, 186x208px) Image search: [Google]
confused girls.png
27KB, 186x208px
>>697542
>>697521
What are you two talking about?
>>
>>697564
Banished. QM took a lot of classes this semester and his quest has been feeling it.
>>
>Is it a struggle to continue writing your current quest when you have other quest ideas that you want write about as well?

I do have other ideas, but I really enjoy my current quest and see no reason to switch as of yet.

>Do you hold it in, focus, and wait until you finish your current quest or do you make the other quests at possible risk of spreading yourself too thin?

My current quest takes three days to complete and entire thread, so yea I rather wait and finish this quest before moving onto the next one. If I tried running another quest I simply wouldn't have time for my other activities, such as video games or shitposting.

>What do you do when you see a new QM make rookie mistakes? Drop? Lurk? Keep voting anyway?

Keep voting unless the mistake was really, really massive like insulting a player or announcing a thread but flaking on it without a good reason.
>>
File: ynm08 Advertisement.png (266KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ynm08 Advertisement.png
266KB, 1280x720px
New Whirlpool Quest thread at last!

>>697637
>>697637
>>697637
Image was drawn by one of my players.

Despite what impressions the image might tell, the current situation has nothing to do with it. MC and friends just beat a pair of robots. Just two more threads...
>>
Anyone notice how rapidly quests burn out here?

I haven't found a single /qst/-born quest that didn't lose most of its players stupidly quickly. Even the few "popular" ones only stay that way for 5-10 threads. The ones that were forced off of /tg/ seem to have more staying power, but that's only because they have an existing fanbase.

Anyone have any idea why /qst/ers seem to have rampant ADD? Especially considering the board is the half-aborted bastard child of one of the most autistic boards on 4chan?
>>
>>697472

I feel left out that all the new, hip kids seem to be using Discord these days.
>>
>>697857
Eh, having a discord isn't required. I just use it to keep in touch with my players since without it me and my players just aimlessly wait on each other. When you have a large-enough playerbase you don't need it.
>>
>>697853

I find its incredibly damn difficult to get any sort of audience here yes. Looking back on things I probably should've taken my chances on Anonkun more than anything else. With my current quest I felt I at least had a playerbase on /tg/, but here it feels like I had to start all over again on quite possibly the slowest board on 4chan.

I love my players, all three of them. But I can certainly see how other QM's feel the burn of this board and its glacial pace and begin to wonder why they should even bother since no one is reading their quest, because there's barely any traffic here.
>>
Can someone tell me what exactly is going on in Himehorn 911?

Seems like there is a massive amount of lore/backstory or references to things out of thread that I'm missing out on. Is there any connections to things or is it just the amazing ramblings of a madman?
>>
German player here, so different time zone for me.

>When is the best time to start a quest?

>How long will the quest thread I created be online here on /tg/? Wil it be deleted from this board after a defined amount of time?
>>
>>697853
I don't know. But I can share some census info. I 'play' at most six quests and that might sound like a lot, but it boils down to this:
#1. Homeless Mutant Quest. (Crusty Come Back)
#2. Banished. (Unofficial Hiatus)
#3. GHQ. (Runs 1-2 times a week. Has long breaks.)
#4. Hive Queen Quest. (Declared Hiatus)
#5. Audit Quest. (Runs Sometimes)
#6. Mecha Space Pirate. (Doesn't Run on Commodore 64)

And, these are the only quests I can actively play.
Because their schedules match up with my life.
The times I have free time, like right now, are already taken up by quests currently running. Nothing real special has taken off here enough to noodle my real life around for, or to distract me from participating in quests I already like.

Honorable mention Dark Gate Academy. It's alright but I dropped it a while back.
Lamplighter is another mention, I guess. But I can't keep up with the QMs schedule and resorted to reading it from the archives.

All the other quests I like are on Akun and tgchan and those have much longer periods of voting and are pretty accessible for people lacking quaint sensibilities.
>>
>>697948
>>When is the best time to start a quest?
Fridays and weekends on the evening EST time

>How long will the quest thread I created be online here on /tg/? Wil it be deleted from this board after a defined amount of time?
You mean /qst/? Threads fall off the board after 8-9 days. There's an automatic autosage after 3 days to prevent clutter.
>>
File: flannery 05.jpg (113KB, 850x736px) Image search: [Google]
flannery 05.jpg
113KB, 850x736px
>>697948
>When is the best time to start a quest?
I don't know if there is a good time. Most of my players are all over the map. North American afternoon/evening is probably best if I had to guess, though.

It stays until it's eventually pushed down from new threads being created and nobody posting in that thread. My threads hit autosage and still last like 5+ days. /qst/ is slow.
>>
>>697853
Most quests died or slowed down immensely by thread 2 on /tg/ too.
>>
>>697955
Wait, what's GHQ?
>>
>>697955
>Nothing real special has taken off here enough to noodle my real life around for

As an expansion of this, it's also the reason I'm hanging out here inbetween updates.

So,
>Player Question.
Any newish and interesting quests running right now or Saturday?

Don't tell me so if you're the QM you should be interested in your own idea by default and if that's a fact you have to advertise you're already dead to me.
>>
>>697993
>Any newish and interesting quests running right now or Saturday?
Starcaller's just started, but looking good so far
>>
Well guys, I just ran Jedi Knight Quest #1 and it only sucked sometimes.

Any advice for sticking to a schedule here?
>>
>>697853
What do you mean by '/qst/ born'?

Does both the QM and the quest have to have their start on /qtg/ or can just the quest have it's beginning on /qst/?

If the latter, Lamplighter and Northern Beasts have been going strong.

>only stay that way for 5-10 threads
Gotta remember that /qst/ threads are like x3 the length of a /tg/ thread. Depends on how much the QM uses his or her thread during the week they have it.
>>
>>697378
>>QM Questions:

Yes, and I often spread myself too thin
>>
>>698051
Write down a schedule then stick to it.
>>
Reminder that Edgelords of the Outer Rim is running this Saturday at 7pm UTC!

Stay updated at: https://twitter.com/Venator_QM
for updates.
>>
I don't feel like I've established much of a foothold here, but I'll answer.

>Is it a struggle to continue writing your current quest when you have other quest ideas that you want write about as well?
<It was certainly a struggle to even decide on which idea I wanted to use, but now that I have it out, I don't dare to start on my other ideas, for the exact reason; I don't want to spread myself too thin.

>What do when a QM makes rookie mistakes?
I stick with it. I mean, when I'm a player I'm just another Anon, so there's no proof of concept to back up my claims; still, if I'm interested in a story, I stick with it, whether archive binging or actually playing.
If anything, it's shitposting or waifu wars that turn me off. Even saying that though, some settings are good enough for me to be able to ignore such things.
>>
>>698053
>If the latter, Lamplighter and Northern Beasts have been going strong.
Lamplighter started here, but the QM started out on /tg/ and brought an audience with him.
>>
>>698452
Twas why I gave the 'If the latter' stipulation.
>>
>>697388

What is a quest????
>>
>>698495

A miserable pile of words!
>>
File: 1420066449387.png (24KB, 248x204px) Image search: [Google]
1420066449387.png
24KB, 248x204px
>>697378

Yes, and it is absolute suffering. I always make the other quest, and not too long afterward I vanish due to life shit happening.

But this time will be different.

Totally.
>>
>>698051
see
>>698185

Quest seemed okay.
would lurk for another thread/10
>>
File: new-york-crumb-coffee-cake-2.jpg (261KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
new-york-crumb-coffee-cake-2.jpg
261KB, 1200x900px
QMs

what do you when/if you want to run a quest but you can't decide which of your ideas do you want to run?

its like my ideas are in constant rotation, always switching out.
>>
>>698724
>The one that is most fleshed out
>The one that is most mainstream
>The one that you personally care about the least(because you will fail and fail and fail before you succeed, let's not kid ourselves here)
>The one you feel will teach you the most about your own writing style
>The one with the least mechanics
>The one you already have images for
pick
>>
>>698724
I sleep on it.
Then I wake up and realize they all are shit.
>>
File: alex_louis_armstrong_132.jpg (26KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
alex_louis_armstrong_132.jpg
26KB, 470x470px
>>698724
See
>>698736

At least to a degree.
It depends on what you want really, because it's likely what you enjoy most and what will pander to anon will get you a strong and consistent following will not be exactly the same thing. Now that's not to say you'll loathe what works, I certainly don't. Also understand that fundamentally anon will not do exactly what you want/envision and be flexible.
>>
File: 1474783432925.jpg (94KB, 867x1193px) Image search: [Google]
1474783432925.jpg
94KB, 867x1193px
Endless Legend Quest when
>>
File: rayneshia face.png (407KB, 799x447px) Image search: [Google]
rayneshia face.png
407KB, 799x447px
>>698950
When you make it anon
>>
What ever happened to Eagle Rising quest, the warcraft one back on /tg/ is the qm ded?
>>
>>698736
>The one I am most interested in or currently running

But if that's not one of the options, then I'll probably go with
>the one that is more fleshed out
because I'll have put a lot more thought into ideas I personally like. Though it has happened before that I decide to FINALLY run X quest, sit down, and find myself writing an OP all about Y.

Samsara Quest used to be a different quest I was calling 'Anima Parasite' quest. It was going to be VASTLY DIFFERENT.
>>
>>697378
sit back and just keep voting.
if it gets to unsalvageable levels i leave. however, if the QM is clearly invested to it, I stick around and try to reccomend alternative solutions.
>>
>697378
>>QM Questions

It can be really hard to stop thinking about a quest I have in the idea phase sometimes, yes. It seems to me that the best course of action is to simply allow those thoughts to run to their natural conclusion and fill out the idea-book until they're all out. And if that still doesn't do it and I just can't get on track, I take a break until I'm ready again.

I'll never start a second quest without finishing the first. I've considered it and been tempted, but I know that I shouldn't. I'm already a slow writer, I'm not a great writer either, and I only run every 1-2 weeks. I want people to at least be able to trust my name to always finish what I start. However long it may take, we WILL reach the end. I think that counts for something.
>>
>>697378
> However long it may take, we WILL reach the end. I think that counts for something.
Agreed.
>>
Rolled 44 (1d100)

>>
>>697378
>>QM Question:
When I'm running a session it's usually not much of a problem, after one or two hours of writing I find it easy to focus on the current setting. Between sessions however, it's quite difficult to build up the motivation when I'd really like to write something else.
In the end, I just gave in and started my new Quest about a week ago, and currently I'm working on fleshing out a system for that. Once that is done I plan on running both about once a week, as long as that doesn't fuck up my schedule too much.

>>Player Question:
Well, I do expect some decent grasp on writing, anything too egregious will make me drop, as will the QM and/or players suddenly taking the story in a direction I'm not interested in. But if it's just rookie mistakes because the QM is unfamiliar with the format, I'll stay and try to help, provided the QM wants that.
>>
File: demonspurdo.png (42KB, 853x622px) Image search: [Google]
demonspurdo.png
42KB, 853x622px
>>697378
>>QM Questions:

Halfway through my previous sci-fi civ quest I started thinking of ideas for a fantasy civ quest, which I'v been doing for three months now. When I get new ideas I can usually just incorporate them in my current quest, as we have not explored the entire world yet and I make most things up as I go anyway.

Speaking of which, I'd like to see a review of my stuff.

Here's an archive
http://pastebin.com/sJUQB60g
And here's the last thread, I'm making a new one in a few hours.
>>672493
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
my last quest was shit and my current one is probably gonna be shit but i'm hoping people will play it anyway.

>>694564
>>
File: i have your attention, I guess.png (31KB, 1335x651px) Image search: [Google]
i have your attention, I guess.png
31KB, 1335x651px
when i wake up. i will either start a pesudo-continuation to the giant killing quest or something anew.

we will see
>>
File: image.gif (940KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
940KB, 627x502px
>>697378
Two words:
Quest Notebook.

Still have ideas fleshed out from quests I started but dropped before, as well as a fair number of new ones. I can focus on my current quest and come back to ideas I like and have prepared after its conclusion or poach ideas from quests not yet written. Also I can come back to more difficult quests later on when I have the skill needed to write them consistently well and entertaining enough for the players.

looking at you, Seven Stand at Shella. I'll master your beautiful multiple POV's someday :')
>>
>Player Question:
I try to keep voting. I have some attempts at starting discussions but that takes two to make it work.
>>
>>697961
Try 10-11 days.

The gap is increasing.
>>
>>699699
It is also about when the more popular QMs are running. Since some of them will run 2-3 threads in a few days.
>>
>>697378
>>Player Question:
Depends on the mistake, the frequency of it, and the QM's reaction to player comments about it. If it bugs me enough, I'll drop it for a couple of threads and then catch up to see if they have improved. Usually I just keep reading and voting, though.
>>
>>697853
>Anyone have any idea why /qst/ers seem to have rampant ADD?

It's not ADD it's I don't care about playing in new quests when almost every quest I participate in dies because the QM vanishes or when every other player disappears for hours on end.

There ARE good quests from this board from new QMs. They are just few. The risky ACTIVE decisions of Hero Guardian were great and one of the few quests I would say pulled anime cliches off right. Dark Gate Academy is still alive thank Beelzebub. The short lived weekend crushing Dark Spirit had a setting I genuinely wanted to tear to pieces. European Dragon grew stagnant but it was good for a time. Beacon Hunter showed a lot of promise but the QM is just gone. Starcaller is new and it's hard to judge how good a quest is on one session but it has my interest. Bizarre Adventures of Victory is still alive too. Norseman Saga looks like it's shaping up and that's new. BioArmor was another with potential but my interest caved with the long breaks. There are others but I probably don't know about them because I'm not here every day.

But in spite of the good ones I feel disillusioned with new quests a lot because there are so many good quests to learn from in the archives. If anyone could just take dead but good ideas and make them shine again that would be enough for me but it is what it is.
>>
File: 1475652229681-1.jpg (340KB, 935x467px) Image search: [Google]
1475652229681-1.jpg
340KB, 935x467px
>>699754
>If anyone could just take dead but good ideas and make them shine again that would be enough for me but it is what it is.

Hello
>>
>>699754
>>699802

I wouldn't mind Hero Guardian Quest being taken over and started again- hell, I'd do it myself if I had the spare time.

As it stands, though, my schedule is very scattered.

Also, Magical Girl For Hire Quest resumes in 2 hours. Not feeling great, and I may start running every other day just to give myself some breathing room.
>>
File: 606.png (19KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
606.png
19KB, 550x400px
>>699754
>tfw you'll never be good enough even to the most forgiving of potential readers
>>
Friendly announcement that The King of Fighters Quest: Reborn #12 will NOT be running today; I'm feeling under the weather and feel like I'm not up for QM'ing right now.

I'll try to be back tomorrow at 10 AM PST/1 PM EST/ 5 PM GMT to try and resume running it though.
>>
>>699699

I wonder why though. I've actually had quests be more popular here than on /tg/.
>>
and Soma just made his unofficial hiatus official so fuck me on the long running quests too I guess
>>
GermanSchteel, I saw this and thought of you.

https://imgur.com/gallery/pxtmr
>>
Can the Doctor cobtinue his work? Can he depend on support from Pentagon Frank? Dr. Waffles' Perfect Breakfast returns under new management in about an hour and a half!

>>699519
Looking forward to it.
>>
File: 1455446857689.jpg (97KB, 500x555px) Image search: [Google]
1455446857689.jpg
97KB, 500x555px
>>700271
>>
And work called me in again. Good news, it won't last forever. I've finally gotten confirmation. My hours should stabilize by the end of the month. We're in the middle of moving locations, so they're keeping me on call because everything is hectic.
>>
>>700271
Please don't make me cry anymore than I have to.

Last night was heartbreaking to watch.
>>
File: grub.jpg (94KB, 351x359px) Image search: [Google]
grub.jpg
94KB, 351x359px
>>697378
This is a eulogy for a QM named Grub. A Russian shitposter, the Jack Chitin QM, and the only man ever to put a Rhod- I mean South African shitposter on suicide watch. Gone but not forgotten ;-; this eulogy was sponsored by Hare, Mill, and Tot.

see ya later space cowboy

(included is Grub's favorite meme)
>>
>>700419
Sounds like a stand-up guy.
>>
>>700299
Yay

>>700395
What happened last night? Anyway, you liked it, didn't you.
>>
>>700489
The Nationals lost Game 5, their third postseason loss in the NLDS. They've never advanced father than the NLDS, and haven't touched the World Series since 1924.

The Washington Nationals is the 3rd iteration of a Washington baseball team after 33 years of not having baseball there and almost a century of mediocre Washington baseball.

And to make things worse, I have to put up with the fucking Redskins through the fucking Winter.
>>
>>700419
he was a good Qm, never followed his quest but he did manage to trigger a certain african shitposter and make him consider suicide. He has my respect.
>>
>>700395
I have Baseball playoffs sads too bro

Papi is gone 5ever
>>
>>700513
At least your ALDS ended swiftly and didn't toy with your heart.

I stayed up until 1 AM and only got at most 4 hours of sleep to watch the Nationals blow every chance they had at taking the lead.
>>
>>697378

>QM
Nah, it isn't too bad. I leave my half-baked ideas half-baked until I have the time to fully develop them.

>Player
We all make mistakes. I run an anime quest, for example.

/snark

But really, if I'm dropping ship, the quest either didn't really draw me in, or the mistake was massive. I make grammatical hiccups all the time, usually because I run after a full day's work. I own it, usually.
>>
>>700512
I'm impressed. Where can I look this up?
>>
Starship Idols is alive and well.

>>700574
>>
File: dumpster29.jpg (355KB, 2100x2100px) Image search: [Google]
dumpster29.jpg
355KB, 2100x2100px
We're trash diving hobos now

>>700562
>>
>>700549
I'll dig up some pics in a moment, give me a sec
>>
>>700589
tfw two of my quests have been already hijacked
>>
Is this the best place to ask for a review?

If so, could someone review my quest?
http://anonkun.com/stories/invincible-swordsman-quest/WL2ENCoy6uAmXvfjX/home

It's the story of a swordsman in !not China, loosely inspired by wuxia movies but also manga like Shigurui and Blade of the Immortal and 90s anime like Ninja Scroll, Rurouni Kenshin and Trigun.
>>
>>700623
What's that have to do with anything?
>>
>>700623
By Mill? He's a shitposter indeed.

>>700664
ay, welcome anon-san, but if your review comes from a certain poster I'd be wary. They review purely to shit on quests.
>>
Academy Tournament Organization Quest is up again (it's named incorrectly here, but do and try to overlook it). Please enjoy the anime bullshit adventures at your leisure.

>>700640
>>
>>700672
That's fine by me, negative reviews are still fine so long as the criticism is valid.

The biggest flaw I can think of is that the combat system isn't developed at all at the moment. I'm still working on a way to make that more exciting.
>>
>>700684
What Questa did you run btw?
>>
>>700691
>>700684
Never mind i was just being a tard.
>>
>>700672
Cosmic's reviews were somewhat interesting.
>>
>>700664
Hey anon-san! I might do a review once I have the time to sit down and read everything in one go.
>>
>>700670
Anon, here's the stuff you wanted. Grub's archive is still up
http://grubadventures.tumblr.com/post/149527478144/as-jack-is-about-to-grab-the-door-handle-he
Here's the scene that triggered Mill, aka Cassius
And here's the in thread reactions from everyone. Because it was smut Grub couldn't post it here but did it there. I, Hare, was the one who accidentally started it, Grub just drew it out for us :^)
http://archived.moe/qst/thread/509329/#509329
>>
>>700719
Neat! I'll be interested to hear what you've got to say about it.
>>
File: Title Card.jpg (678KB, 2000x1601px) Image search: [Google]
Title Card.jpg
678KB, 2000x1601px
>>700745
>>700745
>>700745

Starcaller quest is running again! Stop by if you like spaceships and stuff.
>>
File: RCO021.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RCO021.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
http://anonkun.com/stories/symbiote-quest-20/nLFhaigrSfd8Kdqfr/issue-3-manhunt/xbLaEhA3d6qgQCBBs

Venom in my veins, I ain't talkin' from a snake
I'm talkin' symbiote, the shit that caused Eddie Brock to change

I'm live by the way
>>
Magical Girl For Hire Quest resumes in a new thread. Be prepared for slow updates as we try to make a team of neophyte Magical Girls not suck.

>>700731
>>
>>700580
> Starship Keions
I didn't know I wanted this as much as I clearly do.
>>
File: 1476052173453.jpg (149KB, 450x1216px) Image search: [Google]
1476052173453.jpg
149KB, 450x1216px
>>700580
>Yui is literally pic related
It all makes sense now.
>>
File: Cryingtiger.jpg (98KB, 857x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Cryingtiger.jpg
98KB, 857x1000px
>>700770
FIX YOUR GODDAMN SPELLING.
>>
File: 1476362349880.png (307KB, 355x412px) Image search: [Google]
1476362349880.png
307KB, 355x412px
>>700837
>>
File: F-14 and phantom.jpg (29KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
F-14 and phantom.jpg
29KB, 800x640px
>>697378
Pilot Quest will be running in 1 hour!
>>
>>697853
>Anyone have any idea why /qst/ers seem to have rampant ADD
when the rolling consensus is to constantly touch fluffy tail or flirt, and the QM actively encourages it, you're more or less driving out everyone who DOESN'T have ADD. Just putting one of the cases out there.
>>
>>701197
>>701197
>>701197
Beleaguered Prince Quest is now running.
>>
>>700296
Hey.

Sorry for being late. I was in desperate need of a deep sleep.

However, I am feeling blank if this makes any sense. I don't have anything on my mind to base the next quest on. So, I don'r know, maybe we will start tomorrow?

Unless something came up.
>>
Pilot quest is running! Stop by for pilot shenanigans!

>>701286
>>701286
>>701286
>>
File: F-14 climb (1).jpg (62KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
F-14 climb (1).jpg
62KB, 1000x750px
>>701297
Forgot my pic
>>
Farmer hero quest is getting good!!!!!!

>>694564
>>694564
>>694564

hype for first fight!
>>
File: IMG_0070.jpg (52KB, 398x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0070.jpg
52KB, 398x370px
>>700837
>>700845
Finally it's not just me who gets called out
>>
>>697378
>QM Question

lol its 2016 senpai who tf runs quests?

Same question as last time:

Out of curiosity, what do people think about the settings and general feel of Tsutomu Nihei's works, especially Blame! and BioMega?
>>
>>701423
They're both neat. I never could bring myself to read more than 5 chapters of each though for some reason.
>>
Is there an active Digimon quest? Was thinking of maybe starting one, but I don't want to tread on anyone's shit.
>>
File: fubuki despair.jpg (116KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fubuki despair.jpg
116KB, 1920x1080px
Real life isn't being very cooperative with me, can''t run this weekend unfortunately

But I'll be back next week!
>>
File: freud is proud.jpg (78KB, 1300x917px) Image search: [Google]
freud is proud.jpg
78KB, 1300x917px
>>701423
They're neat.

I toyed around with a quest idea for biomecha and space magic but gritty is also alright.
>>
>>701702
don't recall any active here atm

there's been a bunch over the years and they all kinda just die off
>>
File: okay.png (90KB, 338x453px) Image search: [Google]
okay.png
90KB, 338x453px
>>701705
>>
What happened to that QST Metaquest thing from last night? Was the guy just shooting the shit?
>>
File: flip.png (207KB, 2494x565px) Image search: [Google]
flip.png
207KB, 2494x565px
>>701705
And there goes my pulp fix for the week
>>
File: 11052-713-6021.png (524KB, 482x639px) Image search: [Google]
11052-713-6021.png
524KB, 482x639px
>>701725
Yeah, I actually participated in the one Gale did. That was fun until he disappeared off the face of the Earth. Damn shame. May he rest in peace.
>>
>>701702
none since....that Re:Digitize one that died on thread 2. Damn, that's been a while.

Let me remind you that nobody is going to know jack shit about appmon until the demo comes out in english.
>>
>>701818
If I do decide to run the quest it's not going to have anything to do with Appmon.
>>
So I've been thinking about running a quest for a long time but I've only ever participated in a couple and never ran one before. My idea is that I have a good amount of experience in running tabletop cthulhu but have dozens and dozens of ideas/old prewritten scenarios that I kind of want to mess with but will never have the time to actually run irl. And some of them are kind of dumb and would need too much work to fix, but with the way quests can get absurd might work okay in this format.

Is trying to do anything remotely horror a bad idea or could it work, and if I want to incorperate some kind of dice mechanic (like a modified Cthulhu Dark which takes 1-3 d6s and doesn't require a lot of rolling) would it be better to just make the relevant rolls on my end or have each person roll in their post and choose one in some way (first of the most popular option or something.)
>>
File: Cantholdback.png (2MB, 1016x1166px) Image search: [Google]
Cantholdback.png
2MB, 1016x1166px
>>701879
Please do horror.
>>
File: W_myrmidon.png (2MB, 704x1134px) Image search: [Google]
W_myrmidon.png
2MB, 704x1134px
Hello.
>>
>>701879
Don't let the idea that you don't have a lot of experience with the questing medium discourage you, I had only lurked in a few threads before I knew I wanted to try being a QM. So long as you have some good ideas, decent writing, and a desire to improve I've found people are willing to watch if nothing else. And if your first idea doesn't pan out, try something else.
>>
>>701753
You mean Quest for the Best Quest or whatever? OP abandoned it and its daughter quest got hijacked.
>>
>>702347
Not that. Metaquest was essentially taking a bunch of ideas and settings from dead quests and putting them into one agency that roots out evil across the multiverse or something.

Look up /tg/ Metaquest or Transpace Guard, it would've been a /qst/ version of that
>>
>>702359
The QST version was supposed to run tonight, iirc? Or was that just shooting more shit?
>>
>>702359
Nifty.
>>
>he abandoned his quest

You know who you are.

Fuck you
>>
>>702551
Now now, let's not be too judgemental here.

>He/She abandoned his quest WITHOUT EXPLANATION

Fuck you
>>
>>702555
>>He/She

Fuck off hippy
>>
>>702551
Soma is a hack.
>>
>>702606
I wouldn't call him a hack, but I'm happy he at least said he was going on hiatus.
>>
>>702657
"""""Hiatus"""""

We both know he's not coming back.
>>
>>702738
That's right.

Crusty is dead.

Soma is dead.

Languid is dead.

Planefag is dead.

They're all fuckin' dead.

Now it's MY time to shine.

hehehehehe
>>
>>703125
Nah your quest is shit.
>>
>>703144
Better than yours
>>
>>703156
Show me your quest, then, faggot
>>
>>703162
u first nigger
>>
>>703176
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=Ruby+Quest
Here you go, cunt. Now show me.
>>
>>703189
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?searchall=kabbalah

This is mine.
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 640x960px
>>703222
Oh god. It's you...
>>
>>703222
>>703189
Trips on, anons
>>
>>703125
I miss Crusty...
>>
File: 1475668379630.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1475668379630.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>703299
How do you cope?

I started my own quest inspired by his. I'd probably stop running it for a while when he comes back
>>
Anyone know what happened to that animated quest?
>>
How important is it to have a plan for how/when your quest will end?
>>
>>703364
https://twitter.com/cegremo_hq
Bother him about it.
>>
File: psshh... nothing personnel kid.png (141KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
psshh... nothing personnel kid.png
141KB, 450x253px
Currently running "Grand Strategy Halkeginia" over at anon-kun

http://anonkun.com/stories/grand-strategy-halkeginia/ztfuaRRWbqDPaMxse/home
>>
>>703537
If you're starting out, and unless you practice the mystical art of the one-shot, it's more pressing to know how it will continue.
>>
>>703364
Animating 2d drawn stuff takes a lot of time, you know.

Just by the drawn raw frames, if you animate by twos, which is standard for animu, and you have a running intro time of 90 seconds, that's at least 45 uniquely drawn frames, and that's not yet without BGs, compositing for graphics, editing, etc.

And cegremo's doing it solo, so...
>>
>>703620
My bad, most animu is shot on threes. If you shoot on ones, it starts looking unnatural.
>>
>>703636

Yeah, shooting on twos is mostly for American Cartoons, if memory serves me right. Very few Anime Series/OVAs/Movies have had the budget to shot on twos to the best of my knowledge, so doing an animated quest of any size or complexity sounds like a massive undertaking to me.
>>
File: c9a524eadfe50819bf71b7dc3c09076b.jpg (386KB, 1431x1805px) Image search: [Google]
c9a524eadfe50819bf71b7dc3c09076b.jpg
386KB, 1431x1805px
>>703537
>>703584
There is no good reason to NOT run a one-shot (or three-shot) if you're just starting out. Sure, some players aren't interested in short quests, but plenty others are and may even be more inclined to look at your quest if it has [One-shot] in the title. Not only are those rare nowadays, it's an almost certain guarantee the quest won't be abandoned and the players left hanging, something that has become far too frequent.

You're also getting an excellent practice round for yourself, getting to feel exactly what it's like to manage a crowd of players while writing on the fly. In fact you're getting the entire experience of questing, but in a short enough burst that you'll be able to reflect over your work and evaluate what you need to improve on and what your strengths are.

And you know what's even better? You'll be getting your name out there. You'll be noticed, some of your players will be left thinking "this guy is fun, I wish he had linked a twitter at the end of the quest so I can follow him." And you know what's even better? You actually DID read the freaking advice pastebin that's in every QTG so you already made that twitter and linked it at the end of your first thread. Now you have followers who will check out your next one-shot or full-length quest instead of having to blindly throw your hook into the sea of quests and hoping someone bites!

RUN A ONE-SHOT!
>>
>>703648
Cegremo is only doing this for the intro/recap. But even for the animated intro it was a very much tweened powerpoint slideshow in some ways.
>>
Edgelords of The Outer Rim Oneshot will be running in less than 12 hours!
>>
Grah, it sucks not running at optimal capacity. Stuff keeps happening IRL and you get worn down from updating at your best.
>>
File: Diagram.png (30KB, 600x403px) Image search: [Google]
Diagram.png
30KB, 600x403px
Can Bartle taxonomy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartle_taxonomy_of_player_types) be applied to Quests? What kind of player demography do we have on /qst/?

You can vote in a poll related to it, maybe it helps us discover some interesting results: What do you want most in a quest? -> http://www.strawpoll.me/11432476
>>
>>699754
>>699814
>If anyone could just take dead but good ideas and make them shine again that would be enough for me but it is what it is.
>I wouldn't mind Hero Guardian Quest being taken over and started again- hell, I'd do it myself if I had the spare time.
It wouldn't be the same if someone else stole/ran those good settings. It's fanfiction-tier at that point.
>>
>>699833
Everyone starts out shit. Just write, and if you keep it up while honestly trying to improve, you will.
>>
File: Kiriko_Maid.jpg (52KB, 541x800px) Image search: [Google]
Kiriko_Maid.jpg
52KB, 541x800px
Dark Gate Academy: Homecoming edition is now live!

>>703963
>>703963
>>703963
>>
>>703951
where do waifus fit in here? Achievers?
>>
>>704020
Explorers if they're waifuing for the relationships/narrative experience, Achievers if they're seeking the waifu as a checkbox to tick on the way to 'winning' the story, Killers if they're pursuing waifu wars as a way to glean their own enjoyment from the denial of others' desires (ie, they only want waifu X because that way they will have defeated supporters of waifu Y), Socialisers if they wish to experience waifuing as a communal endeavour with other like-minded waifu posters.

The somewhat unique dynamic of questing means which of these appeals is most prominent in a particular quest depends primarily on the QM and their relationship with the players.
>>
>>703322
I merely miss and carry on. I read comics, I work on my quest, and I chill on 4chan.
>>
>>697378
I remind myself that I barely have time to keep to my current commitments, and that I enjoy what I'm doing right now. Makes it easier to focus, and not run away with ideas that I don't have the time or sustained interest to actually run anyway.
I'm a massive normalfag, so I hardly keep up on any other quests. But the few I kept up on made some mistakes, sure: I just voted as usual, because I remember when I was making similar mistakes, and the premise still kept me engaged long enough to work through them.
>>
File: 5a66de48ca04d51b387c6239afbcab5a.jpg (151KB, 700x1100px) Image search: [Google]
5a66de48ca04d51b387c6239afbcab5a.jpg
151KB, 700x1100px
>>697378
>QM Question
Yes, and I struggle to ensure I don't let my other ideas bleed too much into my current quest. Speaking of quests....

Hitmaid Quest Thread #5 - Party Crashing will be running today at 1000AM PST. Come if you have the time!
>>
Hey senpai, SAQ is going to start up in around 25 minutes so be on the look out
>>
File: 1439907963602.jpg (81KB, 432x288px) Image search: [Google]
1439907963602.jpg
81KB, 432x288px
>>697378

A bit, yes. My quest has been going on for a while and I always have more ideas, but I can't really do two at the same time or switch off from one to another. So I'll finish my current quest and then move on when it's done. I do have a lot of ideas and until then I just collect pictures, take notes and generally try to remain inspired for when that time comes.

>>704207

On that note, my current episode of Mortal Kombat Konquest is up, starring Kotal Kahn!
>>
Hitmaid Quest 5 - Party Crashing is now running
>>704312
>>704312
>>
File: xanth battle.jpg (182KB, 850x746px) Image search: [Google]
xanth battle.jpg
182KB, 850x746px
>>704265
SAQ is up, if you like slaughtering Hutt Cartel thugs with dual lightsabers come check us out.

>>704321
>>704321
>>
File: 1470253903663.jpg (48KB, 500x427px) Image search: [Google]
1470253903663.jpg
48KB, 500x427px
After a day off to rest up from a nasty cold, The King of Fighters Quest: Reborn #12 is now LIVE! We're wrestling as a crazy-sexy Rule 63'd Tiger Mask in some underground fight club.

>>693636
>>693636
>>693636
>>
File: Sleeping is somewhat essential.gif (645KB, 969x700px) Image search: [Google]
Sleeping is somewhat essential.gif
645KB, 969x700px
I chose to try something new. It will probably flop but what the hell? right.

>>704614
>>704614
>>704614
>>
Edgelords of the Outer Rim Oneshot Quest is up!

>>704899
>>704899
>>704899
>>
LGA2 is alive and well.

>>704978
>>
>>704028
I think you have to rephrase the poll to make it more accurate to Bartle taxonomy?
>>
>>704982
Why the fuck are there moomins in that pic? Are the girls finnish or swedish?
>>
>>705148
The Continuation High School girls are explicitly based off of the Moomins characters they're also the best fucking Finns to ever grace Finland.
>>
What happened to Diarca? Is Totemit Quest dead? It's had a loyal following for like 4 years or so.
>>
>>705232
Diacra comes and goes like the wind. He was running regularly up until a little bit after /qst/'s formation then disappeared again.
>>
>>705232
the creation of /qst/ made him so bootyblasted that he killed his quest out of some weird form of spite I guess
>>
Help me plz.
I'm running a quest about being in them military and fighting aliens but I want to write about something else so bad. I'm not having as much fun writing it as I did at the beginning. I want to write one of thought 'go to special school for magic' quests but theses already a few.
wat do?
>>
File: 1457653924747[1].jpg (27KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
1457653924747[1].jpg
27KB, 450x300px
Provided anyone cares about a washed up old QM, I'm returning to run Re:Harpy in a few hours.

Yes, it involves monster girls.
No, it is not lewd.
Will you enjoy it? Maybe.
>>
>>705570
THE FLUFF RETURNS!!
>>
>>705566
>Help me plz.
Play Academagia. Should scratch the itch. Seriously tho, if you want to, go for it. Let your readers know, though.
>>
>>705566
Write both
>>
>>705566
Make a quest about going to a military magic school to fight aliens or something. There was a quest like that a while back that I enjoyed that died quick on the vine- Magical Girl For Hire Quest was originally going to be that because I liked the premise so much.
>>
Pilot quest will be running again in 30 minuites to an hour's time. drop on by top watch us smoke some Soviets!
>>
>>705713
I already started the quest tho.....
>>
>>705566
Honestly the subject matter of a quest isn't what makes it fun for the writer.

If you think you'll enjoy wizards more than guns go for it, but really enjoying your own writing comes down to
>the quality of character interactions
>the fun of writing action scenes
>the joy of having plots go where you want
>the joy of derailing everything

Setting is window dressing as much as anything. If you're not having fun with the other things you're writing, why not consider changing the tone?
>>
>>705776
>Farmer Hero Quest
Not gonna lie senpai, you should probably read a few quests before starting another one.
>>
Wait we can shill our quests from anonkun here?
>>
>>705947
Aren't most Akun QMs channers anyway?
>>
File: F-14 AMRAAM.jpg (975KB, 3000x2400px) Image search: [Google]
F-14 AMRAAM.jpg
975KB, 3000x2400px
Pilot quest is live! Who's up to kill some Commies?

>>705961
>>705961
>>705961
>>
>>705987

I don't know whether I should be playing "Highway to the Danger Zone" or "How far to Paradise" whenever I catch this quest running...
>>
File: 1463020523551.jpg (30KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1463020523551.jpg
30KB, 250x250px
>>706017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-4XsDQYDi4
>>
>>706143

Niiice...
>>
>>705985
What's the requirement for review anon, I want him to look at one of mine.
>>
>>706158
if only he could review the home made pasta I made.
>>
File: Logo 4.gif (91KB, 900x558px) Image search: [Google]
Logo 4.gif
91KB, 900x558px
>>706184

Come and join us down at You Awake In Westeros Quest.

Logo courtesy of Soma.
>>
>>706158
The requirement is either time travel, or the ability to conjure the dead. ReviewAnon didn't survive the formation of /qst/.
>>
>>706158
>>706363
There's also another reviewanon who showed up briefly, personal problems took hold had he had to become transient.
>>
>>705570
you're not THAT old, sigil.
>>
File: 1457670612560[1].jpg (248KB, 1456x1092px) Image search: [Google]
1457670612560[1].jpg
248KB, 1456x1092px
>>705621
>>706729

Well if you care.
Birds are over at:

>>706669
>>706669
>>706669
>>
File: beachlook.jpg (516KB, 1536x1024px) Image search: [Google]
beachlook.jpg
516KB, 1536x1024px
Trying to run Gem Quest again, figured the weekend would be better.

>>707012

Come on by if you like wageslaves interacting with alien space rock women.
>>
>>707171
>Steven Universe
GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT
>>
>>707196
They're not lesbian alien space rock women though, just normal alien space rock women.
>>
>>707222
GO BACK TO TUMBLR, GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET THE FUUUUCK OUT
>>
>>707222

Are they actually women in shape though?
>>
>>707234
Pretty much? I don't know what's actually under their clothes since I'm not familiar with the show myself. They at least look like women.
>>
File: Mayor3.png (139KB, 280x360px) Image search: [Google]
Mayor3.png
139KB, 280x360px
>>697378
>QM Question:
No. Once I got momentum going the quest provided an outlet for my creativity and I was able to comfortably focus on it.

>Player Question:
>It depends on the apparent amount of effort put into the quest and the writing.
>>
There was a bit of a speed bump but I got my router to work

We Live

http://anonkun.com/stories/symbiote-quest-20/nLFhaigrSfd8Kdqfr/issue-3-manhunt/xbLaEhA3d6qgQCBBs
>>
>>697378
>QM Question:
Considering I just ran a one-shot with only half a week of planning, yes it is sort of a struggle, but I have to do it so I can get much needed practice in order to do what I want to do.
>>
File: puns.png (159KB, 1003x600px) Image search: [Google]
puns.png
159KB, 1003x600px
>>707196
>>707231
You seem upset friend
>>
>>707779
Fuck off, tripfag
>>
File: no.png (59KB, 237x403px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
59KB, 237x403px
>>707796
>>
File: 1440793322342.jpg (217KB, 1224x1445px) Image search: [Google]
1440793322342.jpg
217KB, 1224x1445px
>>707796
>Complains about a tripfag
>On /qst/

I should turn my trip on just for you.
>>
File: 1474746938864.jpg (94KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1474746938864.jpg
94KB, 601x508px
>>697378
>>QM Questions:

Well, my quest has been dead for a few months now so I'm most likely going to make a new one sometime soon.

>>Player Question:

I lurk. Been lurking on and off again for a while now. If I mess up most people just leave the quest.

>>707796
>tripfag
Seems /qst/ is still the wonderful place it has always been. Also pretty much any QM with a constant story is a tripfag.
>>
>>706747

>Re:Harpy Quest

I thought this was dead
>>
>>707796
>idfag ragging on a tripfag
Drop the ID if you want to be taken seriously.
>>
>>707854
Nah, it was hibernating. Or reverse hibernating, maybe? Comfy cooler weather draws out the comfy quests.
>>
>>707825
QMs shouldn't tripfag outside of their own threads unless the discussion is immediately relevant to their quest or to QMs. That way lies shitpost and rage.
>>
File: putin too late.jpg (103KB, 690x769px) Image search: [Google]
putin too late.jpg
103KB, 690x769px
>>708148
>That way lies shitpost and rage
Considering where we are, that's inevitable regardless of tripfags or not

And with IDs, it doesn't take much beyond Ctrl+f to find out if they're a QM
>>
>>708174
So? It's the principle of the matter. Even if IDs mean nobody is truly anonymous in any given thread wearing a name or a trip is just cancerous. Because unlike an ID, an name or trip last beyond an given thread. It's not nearly so transient an identity.
>>
>>708196
OH GOD, INDIVIDUALS! HOW HORRIFIC!
>>
Hey /qtg/!

I'm starting a new quest called Warlock Quest! It might just be a one-shot, but it could evolve into something else! If you're interested please come check it out over here >>708157

In a world very much like our own, there are dark things lurking just beneath the surface. Are you a bad enough guy to master the unknown and bend reality to your will?
>>
>>708196
>Because unlike an ID, an name or trip last beyond an given thread. It's not nearly so transient an identity
Yeah? And? Doesn't stop me or anybody else from talking to QMs once they've used their trip, regardless of whether they have it on or not

If Planefag popped in, wouldn't stop us from talking to Planefag whether or not he has his trip on
>>
>>708217
Go back to having throat cancer, XS :^)
>>
>>708239
My point is when you shitpost the hell out of a thread your ID vanishes the moment you stop posting. As a QM if you toss on a trip and start some shit or get boots blasted people are going to remember that. It's a PR thing, you don't want drama from the /qtg/ clogging up your actual quest.
>>
>>708269
>you don't want drama from the /qtg/ clogging up your actual quest
Then why not let QMs decide that for themselves? They're mature as can be for 4chan, they can handle it
>>
File: 1446943590094.jpg (69KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1446943590094.jpg
69KB, 640x640px
>>708269
>you don't want drama from the /qtg/ clogging up your actual quest
That's debatable.
>>
>>708217
Just take the trip off, idiot. It's not that difficult.
>>
File: You're not even trying.jpg (71KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
You're not even trying.jpg
71KB, 1024x512px
>>708148
This is a general for /qst/, yes?

A general is for discussion about the board. A QM is a part of the board as they hold threads of their own and each of their threads is the very thing that makes up this board so discussing the board is to discuss the threads within.

No, the question does not have to exactly name a specific quest or thread to have anyone to comment on the item. Having a name to go with the ideas identifies the person and it allows others to comment and discuss other threads made by the person who owns the name.

>>708269
>the /qtg/ clogging up your actual quest.
That is why the /qtg/ was made. To discuss things about quests and share opinions that does not exactly hold a single quest/ thread then again it can which is only helpful for those who trip so they can have conversation OOC.

>>708196
>>708148
>>708269
>shitpost

You claim to be against shitposting yet all I see from you is just that. You are the problem, not the ones who tripfag.
>>
After much delays, Whirlpool Quest has updated is back in action...assuming I don't get dragged out for an afternoon family outing.
>>
>>708406
waitwaitwait, you're making a serious reply.

....okay. I personally prefer that you keep your trip off unless you are specifically referring to your quest or as the QM of that quest, but whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>708441
The /qtg/ is not your personal hugbox.
>>
>>708441
>I personally prefer that you keep your trip off

You have your own opinion. You do as you wish but please do not interfere with others just on the basis that you dislike a specific thing they do/say. Just like the other guy, you can dislike a certain thing but it doesn't help the wider discussion and just feeds into the 'shitposting' so many of you claim to dislike.

>>708452
Exactly.
>>
>>708406
>Having a name to go with the ideas identifies the person

Which is the antithesis of the idea of 4chan in how it has been used and pitched by the creator himself.

The ideas should not be attached to the names specifically because it colors the ideas with identity which distorts the true validity of the idea.
>>
>>708406
>Having a name to go with the ideas identifies the person and it allows others to comment and discuss other threads made by the person who owns the name.
Why would you want this, faggot?

Look, I say this as a QM. We've had people who tripfagged the fuck outta the /qtg/ and with few exceptions they've crashed and burned. Trombone tooter, and various other nameless assholes who faded into the annals of history. It's just good form as a QM to keep your trip off outside your thread.
>>
>>708519
>Trombone tooter
???
>>
>>708529
Basically those who continually flaunt themselves.

Or he could be referring to someone I completely don't know about.
>>
File: 1475274156859.jpg (40KB, 823x549px) Image search: [Google]
1475274156859.jpg
40KB, 823x549px
>>708519
It doesn't have to be negativity and shitposting though. I keep my trip off, but I don't have any problems with QMs leaving theirs on. It's a non-issue that a few whiny assholes blow way out of proportion. Aside from a few glaring examples, most QMs either keep to themselves or are at least reasonably civil.
>>
>>708519
Was them crashing and burning directly a result of /qtg/ or just coincidence? By crashing and burning, did you mean /qtg/ drama shitpost their quests to nonexistence, their audience grew smaller, or they disappeared off the face of the Earth like most QMs?
>>
>>708480
>>708519

I agree that being anonymous is the soul purpose of the website. The idea of /qst/ is to share stories that we are all a part of and we all own a bit of that story.

As I said, discussions on the /qtg/ pertain to the threads within the board. If you wish to not be identified by the name and be linked to your previous works that are fine but do not try to stop others if they wish to do otherwise. Throughout the entire website, no one is stopping you from using your real name so why try to stop others from using a fake name so they can identify themselves with ideas they hold throughout the entire board.

If you do or do not wish to use something to identify with it does not stop others from doing the opposite. There is no need for an argument about the person's identity and if they wish to express themselves as such a character.

The foundation of this argument is of an opinion that you can either be against or for, the same could be said with arguments about abortion or religion or any other silly thing we can fight about. They have definite sides that it doesn't matter to what you say it will not change a mind that is made up.

The only way to stop an argument that holds no facts is to not argue at all.
>>
>>708541
>do not try to stop others if they wish to do otherwise

See the problem with this is that you're trying to police people voicing their opinion too now.

Calling people attention whore tripfags or telling them to fuck off for being as such in as innocuous comment as this >>707796 is just your standard insult.

It's the same as saying "fuck off, fag"

but nooooooo, the tripfags got all up in arms that they got told to fuck off and were correctly identified as tripfags.

You're the ones who started this gay ass argument because a good two to three of you couldn't handle being called what you are.

You're attention whores, plain and simple.

now fuck off tripfag.
>>
File: Too late.png (32KB, 634x480px) Image search: [Google]
Too late.png
32KB, 634x480px
How mad do you guys think players would be if a QM remade her/his quest from the start with a different main character? Then also add that said character wakes up with the meta knowledge of what happened in the dropped/failed quest as if it was all a dream?
>>
>>708585
I just felt like shitposting at him. Also:

>now fuck off tripfag.
You first, dad.
>>
>>708613
>I just felt like shitposting
>Pro-tripfag

Thanks for proving my point. You're literally the worst of the scum on this website and your shitty opinions coincide with your cancerous behavior.

Fuck off tripfag.
>>
>>708606
Sounds pretty neat to me at least. Don't think anybody would be mad really, it'd be interesting to revisit things from both an in-character and meta perspective
>>
>>708631
What are you doing this performance art piece exactly for, Trick?
>>
>>708606
I think they would be quite fun but if none of your players had read the previous quest they would be confused.

>>708585
wouldn't all the things you said also go for you as well, other than starting the argument?

>police people
Would that make you the person who police the people who police the people?

>correctly identified
that's like calling a black person black. It's pretty obvious.

>>708613
What he said.

>>708631
The speed at which you degrade is magnificent. He's not even a tripfag.

>>708613
>>708631
Also I'd like to point out the irony of these two posts.

One is anti-tripfag and trips.
The other is pro-tripfag and doesn't trip.
>>
>>708631
Not sure if hypocrisy or next-level shitposting.

If you're serious, consider ending yourself. You'd be doing this community as a whole a favor.
>>
>>708659
>Would that make you the person who police the people who police the people?

No it makes me the person calling out your hypocrisy and retardation, you attention whoring tripfag piece of shit retard.

I'd say you're degrading too but you started at rock bottom retard so there's really not much room for you to fall.

>>708667
After you, trip nigger. Although I guess you're worse than a trip nigger. You suck trip nigger cock. You're a like a barnacle on the underside of the SS TRIPFAG.
>>
>>708606

I thought about doing this for a long time, but ultimately chose not to and went down the "Sequel disguised as a Soft-Reboot" road.
>>
File: 891.png (42KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
891.png
42KB, 625x626px
>>708700
Huh. I understand why you're anti-trip.

It's because you hate being called out on the retarded shit you do and you dislike the idea of it following you back to your quest.

Congratulations. You're retarded.
>>
>>708632
>>708659
>>708701
Alright, thank you guys. Now comes the hardest part: Actually going through with it.
>>
>>708700
>You suck trip nigger cock.
Not really. I'm more apathetic to the whole thing. But whatever man. Believe what you want. I don't trip because I like to avoid the drama, but I don't have any problems with people who do use trips.

Either way, I suppose if anyone is going to be hypocritical cancer on here, it would be you. Your entire presence here started as a leech from a failed quest.
>>
>>708716
>Congratulations. You're retarded.
Nah, trying to shape himself up into being the next Planefag would be my guess
>>
>>708716
He's actively shitposting with his trip on, and this isn't even the first time he's done this. Are you serious?

>It's because you hate being called out on the retarded shit you do and you dislike the idea of it following you back to your quest.
Hysterical

>>708737
>first time seeing Trick post

What happened to the mentality of shutting the fuck up until you know what you're saying?
>>
>>708737
At least Planefag started his own quest instead of just kind of stealing someone else's.

Plus, regardless of my opinion, he has an expert-level collection of smug anime girls.
>>
next QTG recommendation:
Everyone who responds to trick should search-by his trip in the archives to know what they're getting into.
also check out lost island quest it's a pretty good read
>>
>>708744
>smug waifu
>not superior smug shota
>>
>>708716
>I point out how you're a hypocrtical dipstick
>n-n-no y-y-you're retarded

>>708724

You're a shitposter who causes drama. You don't like to avoid drama. You jump right fucking into it. You're the hypocrite

>>708744

Planefag's quest is fan fiction, what do you mean he doesn't steal? I'm sorry does Velo own the concept of Isekai and A Song of Ice and Fire?
>>
>>708750
I love all smugs.
>>
>>708741
>>first time seeing Trick post
Dude, I'm aware this ain't the first time he's shitposted like this. I'm just guessing that he's trying to be another Planefag, who's another known shitposter.
>>
>>708747
Newfags who don't know who Trick is should just be forced to suffer.
>>
>>708756
You literally hijacked the corpse of Velo's quest, man. And I like to avoid drama based around trips if I can help it, hence why I haven't put my trip on. If you'd give me something worth discussing, I'd put effort into my posts: when I see shitposts, I respond with shitposts.

Either way, I don't really feel like arguing anymore. You win.
>>
>>708774
Yeah, experience is a better teacher. And also they'll deserve it.
>>
>>708779
Oh I get it.

You're Velo aren't you! The reason you can't put your trip on is because you gave it away like a bitch and then everyone forgot you.

Dude, you literally quit your quest out of frustration and no, i'm sorry, but you don't get to claim dibs on ASOIAF or the Isekai genre. But go be salty in the corner some more while your former fans suck my dick if you want.
>>
File: 4bf.png (181KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
4bf.png
181KB, 625x626px
>>708756
Have a (you).

Enjoy the rest of your shitposting.

>>708774
Trick must be some new guy right? I didn't see him when the board started.

>>708802
Should have guessed you liked anime quests.
>>
File: dead.jpg (138KB, 980x1040px) Image search: [Google]
dead.jpg
138KB, 980x1040px
>>708806
>>
File: 0 out of 10.png (227KB, 587x571px) Image search: [Google]
0 out of 10.png
227KB, 587x571px
>>708806
>Trick must be some new guy right?

He came in here around July/August I believe

>Should have guessed you liked anime quests.

You don't know what isekai is, do you? It's 'trapped in another world' you dolt. It's also ASOIAF so, no, not anime.
>>
>>708802
As funny as it would be for me to be Velo, I'm not. I didn't find out about his quest imploding until people started talking about it in the /qtg/.

I don't really like the whole medieval/fantasy setting that much. I'm more of a sci-fi guy really. And I just think the isekai genre is a little overdone. But hey, more power to you.
>>
My trip saved my marriage
>>
>>708806
Quit being retarded faggot.
>>
File: Capture.png (9KB, 1203x45px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
9KB, 1203x45px
>>708817
Took less than a minute
>>
File: 1390626951442.jpg (18KB, 300x280px) Image search: [Google]
1390626951442.jpg
18KB, 300x280px
>>708806
>see pic

>>708823
Goddammit Mal where's your sleeping bag?
>>
File: I was wrong.jpg (49KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
I was wrong.jpg
49KB, 540x540px
>>708830
Didn't even know Trick existed until the whole Velo debacle, AFAIK he mostly kept to himself back in the old /tg/ days
>>
>>708817
>July/August
Right when I left the board. And it just sucks to see all these guys defending a shitposting degenerate.
>>
File: 178072903478239.png (4KB, 319x256px) Image search: [Google]
178072903478239.png
4KB, 319x256px
>>708806
>Should have guessed you liked anime quests.
But those are the best kinds of quests
>>
>>708847
Fuck off, anti-weeb.
>>
>>708847
Meant to tag others. >>708817 I wasn't saying you were the problem.

>>708831
>>708824
>>
>>708847
>shitposting degenerate.
I'm confused.

Are we talking about you or Trick?

You two are pretty much the same in my eyes.
>>
A few months back, I let an somewhat popular quest that I inherited completely drop because I was too self-conscious and nervous to keep fucking writing. I feel like I still would be too nervous to keep going, even with encouragement. I just wanted someone that knew what they were doing to step forward and take the quest off my hands, but nobody stepped forward and everyoen I asked was too busy with their own quests.

I still feel like shit about the whole situation. What should I do?
>>
>>708873
I'm obviously not the one who is being defended.
>>
>Only thing Kov's run is a quest

Explains a lot desu
>>
>>708876
yeah because you're obviously inexcusable. No one defends you because you're a stupid piece of shit.
>>
File: 1473123033217.jpg (14KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
1473123033217.jpg
14KB, 220x220px
>>708876
>defending trick
>shitposting/laughing at you
which one of these do ya think is actually going on?

it's the one that's almost fun
>>
>>708882
I think you mean civ.

Not a quest. But I get the implication.
>>
>>708882
Forget the civ before quest, please forgive me
>>
>>708875
Persevere but it's okay to take a break to reevaluate.
>>
>>708875
>What should I do?
Take off your trip, idiot
>>
>>708890
How do I always know it's you even without seeing your ID?
>>
>>708893
I left it on in case any of my old posters is here. I don't want them to think I just disappeared from the internet without saying anything like a bunch of other QMs I've seen.
>>
>>708895
It's probably because of my naivety, or my attempts at maintaining an inoffensive tone, or my tendency to use images from a specific source for reaction pics.

And damn, legacy captcha's getting obnoxioius
>>
>>708875
If you enjoyed the quest, keep going.

If you didn't then don't.

>>708882
I didn't understand what you said until >>708889. It's mainly because of the broken English you wrote in.

I never claimed to have a great quest. And to correctly identify my quest, it was a hybrid. If you read it then you would have seen that it's not a just civ quest.

>>708883
>stupid
How exactly did you come to that conclusion or was it a sad attempt at an insult?
>>
File: 1473929482498.jpg (104KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
1473929482498.jpg
104KB, 1280x854px
>>708916
>civ quest
No, you fucking faggot. Either it's a quest or it's a civ. Don't trigger me.
>>
>>708933
I had two intertwined story lines going on. One was on a different scale than the other.
>>
>>708933
I've seen quests that have civ elements in them but follow individual characters. I'm not sure if his quest is like that, but that would certainly be a mix of the two.
>>
>>708945
Yeah, it was similar to that. In the 'civ' part it wasn't a 'Rome total war' type deal where you're some leader with a massive army.

There was also a traditional quest within the story. The idea was the players would play both the protagonist and the antagonist. The player would also decide for themselves which character was the protagonist and which was the antagonist.
>>
>>708940
>>708945
>>708949
So it's a quest and not a civ.
>>
>>708940
>>708945
I'd like to call those things "Commader Quests", like Jedi Lord Quest or Black Company Quest where small-scale and large-scale decisionshappen.

>legacy captchas doing it again
>>
>>708953
>>708956
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I guess so. Got the idea mostly from a guy named Saurn118 who used the civ template but had a more personal character progression.
>>
>>708933
Cyclops managed to have both.
>>
>>709044
If it's a quest with civ features in it, it is a Quest. Doesn't matter how many poor examples you come up with, Quests =/= Civs.
>>
>>709062
I see. So because you said so, that's the definition now. There can be absolutely no crossover whatsoever here. Who made you the definition master general of /qst/? Show me one place where the definitions of these things have been clearly defined and agreed upon for further use.
>>
>>709102
>Show me one place where the definitions of these things have been clearly defined and agreed upon for further use.
/tg/
Boom. Lawyered.
>>
>>709106
>/tg/
specify and elaborate. Give me a link.
>>
>>709108
I'm not going to spoonfeed you. It's super easy to find it in suptg with a single search.
>>
>>709062
Ah well, either way, it was a collaborative experience between player and QM which is the main goal.

>>708862
And to correct this small problem.

I don't hate the anime quests, it's just they are usually based on another work that is usually obscure. Which is why I don't like most quests that aren't original content. Also most anime quests I've seen are a bit more light-hearted than what I would enjoy. It's not a bad thing it's only my preference.
>>
File: 1440068512622.jpg (38KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1440068512622.jpg
38KB, 413x395px
>>709115
>Requests proof
>"WAAH SPOONFEEDING"

Whatever man. Don't postulate if you aren't willing to provide an actual source beyond an entire fucking board.
>>
>>709121
>Anime Quest
>Original content
>Not light-hearted
So Hero Guardian?

>>709126
So you're just being lazy, Civfag?
>>
File: 1458365771566.jpg (1MB, 2300x1715px) Image search: [Google]
1458365771566.jpg
1MB, 2300x1715px
>>709130
>Civfag
I fucking abhor civs. They appeal to some of the worst players on this board. I just think there's a more of a sliding scale than a concrete "this thing is a civ" and "this thing is a quest that just so happens to have civ stuff in it". Feel free to prove me wrong.

Also, check out this neat-ass treaded truck thing from what I would assume is WWI.
>>
>>709144
>I fucking abhor civs. They appeal to some of the worst players on this board.

>>>/a/
>>>/trash/
>>
>>708916
>broken English
Nah, just your lack of understanding my friend.

The "'s" in "Kov's" is a contraction. So it's "The only thing Kov has run".
>>
>>709144
Ignore Myrm
>>
>>709144
That's a pretty fucking neat-ass truck from WWI, but that's besides the point.

Quests =/= Civs. If you hate Civs so much, why would you want there to be any correlation between the two? It doesn't make sense in my narrowed and extremely bias point of view.
>>
>>709147
Let me reiterate. I abhor MOST civs. Some are relatively well executed.

And like I said earlier. I'm more of a sci-fi guy, so it'd be more accurate like this:

>>>/m/
>>>/g/
>>>/trash/

>>709156
Fair enough. I just don't like to see the world in black and white all the time. It takes some of the fun out of things.
>>
>>709121
>usually based
>most anime quests I've seen

>>709130
I know not all quests are the same, I was just making a broad stroke. I don't click on the anime quests because they usually fall into the ones I've described.
>>
>>709164
>I just don't like to see the world in black and white all the time.
That's the best kind of world.
>>
File: 1458254040215.jpg (768KB, 1600x1164px) Image search: [Google]
1458254040215.jpg
768KB, 1600x1164px
>>709168
But then you miss out on all the beautiful grays that make our world such a complex and wonderful place.
>>
>>709173
There's a pretty telling reason why WWI and WWII happened when the world was grey, you know.
>>
File: zeppelin defense nest.jpg (398KB, 898x1280px) Image search: [Google]
zeppelin defense nest.jpg
398KB, 898x1280px
>>709179
>when the world was grey
Not anymore!
>>
File: S-11.jpg (732KB, 1200x933px) Image search: [Google]
S-11.jpg
732KB, 1200x933px
>>709179
I know. I was just getting a little poetic.
It's probably because I've been watching all my old Twilight Zone tapes with my friends tonight. Can you believe they've never seen it before?
>>
>>697853
For me it got to the point that I had one loyal guy that would show up to every thread but no one else was playing. Just got demotivating.
>>
>>709387
How unfortunate, if you kept going, you could've attracted at least one more passerby again. What quest was that anyway?
>>
>>709420
>Anything below 10 players is worth continuing over
That's cute.
>>
File: Totty.jpg (44KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
Totty.jpg
44KB, 650x366px
>>700419
>mfw
>>
>>697853
I had some decent activity in the first couple of threads of the quest I'm doing, a few months back when /qst/ started out.

Now though trying to run it, not really any interest at all. I'd imagine it was because people lost interest in the quest, but I think it might be that /qst/ is just dead anyway.
>>
>>700419
He read my quest, all of it, and liked it. His encouragement was unforgettable.
>>
>>709425

Anything below 10 is not worth continuing?

I have like 4 players in my quest, but I'm still happy as hell to continue it. So long as we're all having fun I don't see what's wrong.
>>
>>709445
You strike me as a person who abhors ambition and likes to stay in the same dead-end job for 45 years from your early 20's until retirement. Nothing wrong with it, but it's a waste in my opinion.
>>
>>709448
>Gives up immediately if gets less than 10 players
>Thinks he has ambition
>>
>>709448
Having fun with <10 people equals enjoying dead-end jobs? Have fun with your waifu-animuquests.
>>
>>709450
>Continuing with a quest with sub-par amount of players when you could start a new and better one.
Point and case.

>>709451
>Having fun with <10 people equals enjoying dead-end jobs?
You learn quickly.
>>
>>709453
>Not persevering and getting more players
>Not making your quest so good your players come and shill it in qtg
>Just raqequiting.
>>
>>709454
>Getting more players
>/qst/
Pick one.
>>
So this is kind of a tangent, but I feel like either I'm losing my interest in /tg/ related shit or the board just kinda sucks. And I was one of the ones really arguing we should stay there, in part because I liked the other content.

Anyone else go over there recently and find themselves kind of disappointed?
>>
>>709465
It's slowed down a lot.
>>
>>709465
/tg/ is sort of shit
>>
>>709465
There are some good threads up right now.

>>49793297
>>49803099
>>
>>709465
It is the board.
>>
File: 4a4a0ab496f52b7f228b6a79fdba9bf1.jpg (751KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
4a4a0ab496f52b7f228b6a79fdba9bf1.jpg
751KB, 848x1200px
>>709431
>>709455
Going to go ahead and repeat my earlier recommendation in the hopes it'll stick better. Run one-shots / short quests! Why? For these reasons: >>703714

>>709465
Sort of? My favorite activity on /tg/ is basically setting/plot/character inspiration and I do feel the board is less fruitful in that regard nowadays. People are so afraid of "being baited" that they completely dismiss a lot of potentially fun ideas. The fact so much activity is packed into generals doesn't help either. I'm not interested in a specific system or setting, I just want to talk about and discover interesting ideas and I can't look at a general and tell if it has any of those!

>>709475
You're not actually on /tg/ right now, Anon. You gotta link cross-board for that.
>>
>>709466
>>709472
>>709475
I mean, it's just kinda stagnant. Particularly the MtG threads, which are the only things I go there for anymore.

Has it legitimately "slowed down"? Or does the wall of generals just make it look that way?
>>
>>709485
Oh shit. I never crossboarded before the split so i don't really know how to link.

>>709486
I honestly think a lot of people just kinda left during the /tg/ and /qst/ split - i know i did. I browsed /tg/ and partook in questing, but when they split the entire board became so fucking ugly - people spent all their time slinging shit and somehow every non-general turned into a "do quests belong on /tg/" thread.

The split really fucked with the board.
>>
>>701898
sauce?
>>
>>709488
I've found less content I am actively interested in, but I'm still plinking away bit by bit on my own stuff. If I find a thread relative to my interests, I'll still show up.
>>
>join quest
>QM disappears in less than 20 posts

ksjdhejiivufjeieivjifjeiqo stop abandoning your quests senpai
>>
I'm back up and running Warlock Quest! Come on in and enjoy!

>>708157
>>708157
>>708157
>>
>>709655
For real.

And all those quests doing OOC introductions and saying this is their first quest etc.
That's not something I wanted to know désu.
>>
Why wasn't /qst/ included in the Banner Contest?
>>
>>709655
I think a lot of people underestimate the time commitment and maybe a little anxiety that comes from QMing.

So they freeze up midway their first thread and leave without a trace.
>>
>>709698

Because unless /qst/ doesn't show up as an actual board on the main page? That or Hiromoot's really going to delete this board when crunch time happens.
>>
File: We Do.png (67KB, 864x606px) Image search: [Google]
We Do.png
67KB, 864x606px
>>709704
Welp, back to /v/ getting told to pack our shit into /tg/.

also
>Because unless /qst/ doesn't show up as an actual board on the main page?

What?
>>
>>709712

That's news to me. (I use 4chanX doesn't even show /qst/ as an accessible board.)
>>
What kind of quest would you guys like to see?
>>
>>709732
A good one
>>
>>709769

>Quests
>Good

Pick one and only one.
>>
>>709699
Precisely.
Especially people who aren't used to the idea of having an audience, suddenly putting yourself out there like that is incredibly intimidating, and some people struggle with it, or quickly learn that's it's just not for them.
>>
Hitmaid Quest 5 - Party Crashing has just resumed! Currently locked in a master-apprentice showdown
>pic semi-related
>>709784
>>709784
>>
>there are people who don't know who trombone tooter is

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/24881163
>>
File: why we hate virt.png (434KB, 1048x958px) Image search: [Google]
why we hate virt.png
434KB, 1048x958px
>>709832
So he's the Virt of questing?
>>
File: ViolentFighting_zps4etwncf0.gif (78KB, 750x165px) Image search: [Google]
ViolentFighting_zps4etwncf0.gif
78KB, 750x165px
The last session for The King of Fighters Quest: Reborn #12 is up and running. Come on in and enjoy the fun of beating up people in a rusty steel cage for money!

>>693636
>>693636
>>693636
>>
Civ quests should be banned already, not even the OPs that say they won't quit stay more than 4 hours now, and the threads just stay there rotting for a week with like 5 or 8 replies asking for OP
>>
>>709832
There are some QMs here who could learn from this. After all, if you check the post times this guy was never at a want for players or players responding quickly.
That's a better quest than most of the quests here.
>>
>>709988
That was in the /tg/ days though, greater number of responders and response times was guaranteed, and still continues today with those QMs who already had an established readerbase on /tg/

And I don't think most QMs aspire to be amazingly shit
>>
Honestly, i think /qst/ became shit so fast because suddenly everyone and their mother started running trips for some reason, and because of the trips everyone knows everyone else. It's like some fucked up kinda friend circle with their own in-jokes that totally discourages people from joining in.

I guess this is what happens when you isolate a small subculture from their motherboard.
>>
>>710029
Anyone running a quest that goes for more than one thread (Or more than one IP address at some point in the week or so it takes for a thread to fall off) needs to have a trip. IDs don't cross threads and don't help if a dynamic IP changes.
>>
Is there any amount of people on /qst/ that have a liking for Super Robot Wars?
>>
>>709448

Back on /tg/ I had like 12 players.

But lol /qst/
>>
File: Laugh and wash your woes away.jpg (639KB, 1919x1199px) Image search: [Google]
Laugh and wash your woes away.jpg
639KB, 1919x1199px
Still experimenting with something. we are back anyways for those who are interested

>>704614
>>704614
>>704614
>>
>>709712

>Welp, back to /v/ getting told to pack our shit into /tg/.

Pardon?
>>
>>710202
/v/ quests I think he's talking about. Maybe.
>>
>>709779

>There are no such things as good quests, all the writers here are terrible amateur hour writers

Why the fuck are you even here?
>>
>>710055

I sleep with my R-1 plushie if that's what you mean.
>>
File: took the bait.jpg (249KB, 791x416px) Image search: [Google]
took the bait.jpg
249KB, 791x416px
>>710218
It's a meme man, the standard response to any assertion that any quest can be good
>>
Running a one-shot to test some mechanics out. For those of you who might have an interest, you're cordially invited to King of New Avalon Quest

>>710213
>>
File: thumbs_up.gif (2MB, 267x151px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs_up.gif
2MB, 267x151px
>>710055
I love robots. They're my second greatest passion, with maids as my first. I'd play the hell out of a SRW-like quest
>>
IT'S ALIVE.

>>710437
>>
>>701753
>>702412
that was me, and I'm still genning worlds for you all to correct. Plenty of quests have died off or just been left to rot, and others have been finished but other things have started.

I have a newfound respect for Metaquest OP, just for the sheer breadth and depth of knowledge he had about almost EVERYTHING.
>>
>>697917
>what exactly is going on in Himehorn 911?

Himehorns are by Dan Kim. They are part of My Shut-In Vampire Princess and their own comic A Himehorn's Daily Life

Haremhorn ran several quests previous and events, ideas and characters come from that. They're archived on suptg.

And she does it from a phone.
>>
Magical Girl For Hire Quest is running again!

>>700544
>>700544
>>
I'm running a session of Starcaller Quest RIGHT NOW!

>>711162
>>711162
>>711162

Come get some space-breakfast!
>>
File: F-14 carrier takeoff.jpg (52KB, 720x514px) Image search: [Google]
F-14 carrier takeoff.jpg
52KB, 720x514px
Pilot Quest will be starting back up in 1 hour's time.
>>
Would it make sense to have a quest with only once-daily updates? Too slow or nice with largish posts?

Exabyte's Samsara did it for a thread, but he already has a fanbase, so he can get players to participate. It seemed to attract more people over time.

I don't even know how most people usually consume quests: reading archives on suptg, reading up on past sessions on the board, lurking in a live quest, participating in it... on smartphone, tablet or PC?
>>
>>711236
You'd get three posts before the thread hits autosage.
>>
>>711282
This isn't /tg/. Falling off the board takes ages.
>>
>>711282
days*
>>
>>711306
>>711308
He's right about only getting three posts in before autosage, thanks to the 72 hour bump limit.
Posting once daily could go for months if it wasn't for that. Which might actually be the logic for why it exists at all.
>>
>>709430
TOT BB

>>709435
That's nice to hear. Grub was a gud dude.
>>
>>709925
Other than fantasy civ bulgar of course, we legitimately have a shit ton of people and replies.
>>
Pilot quest is live! Stop on by for post-combat happenings.

>>711654
>>711654
>>711654
>>
File: F-14j (4).jpg (55KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
F-14j (4).jpg
55KB, 1024x576px
>>711665
Forgot the pic
>>
>>710514
What else have you got to grease up the players and sweeten the deal with? Flavors of the month? Fandom pandering?
>>
File: 1456102291387.png (305KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1456102291387.png
305KB, 1080x1920px
>>709732
>>709769
>>
>>712154
>>712154
>>712154

Relic Quest is now live.
>>
File: lamplighter3.png (2MB, 1465x1313px) Image search: [Google]
lamplighter3.png
2MB, 1465x1313px
Lamplighter Quest is live!

>>712231
>>
File: stance¦works.png (208KB, 393x570px) Image search: [Google]
stance¦works.png
208KB, 393x570px
>>710055
hell yeah motherfucker. there's been a hole in my heart since sciencegar sciencebolt killed SRWQ
>>
Tech-Priest Quest is alive.
>>
File: The Soul is free.jpg (161KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
The Soul is free.jpg
161KB, 1920x1200px
well, I am somewhat satisfied with my slug request. We will probably start something anew tomorrow although I do want to make a follow up to the giant killing quest.

Again, thank you my readers/players.
>>
>>713378
>>713378

SAQ is running for a bit, come join us as we potentially blame our dog for a massacre.
>>
>>710055
>Japanese
Check.
>Giant mecha
Check.
>Waifus
Check.
>Not OC
Check.

Yeah, I think /qst/ would eat it up. Run it!
>>
File: Areyousure.png (429KB, 513x590px) Image search: [Google]
Areyousure.png
429KB, 513x590px
>>709507
Henjo - Hen na Joshi Kousei Amaguri Chiko
>>
Testing trip code (never used one before)
>>
>>711236
>reading archives on suptg
No
>reading up on past sessions on the board
No
>lurking in a live quest
Yes
>participating in it
Yes

I normally only get invested in freshly started quests or ones that manage to catch my attention. Then i try to participate.
If i find the system and lore appealing then, and only then, i'll go throught the archives, if there is any.
>>
>>711236
Daily update quests could work, if the updates are sizable and consistent. Anonkun has popular quests with nearly no votes at all, after all, though I suppose part of that is the power of smut. It could become a pain if you got a particularly big following, due to the drama and samefagging that can kick up during contentious votes, but that's a problem for much later.

>I don't even know how most people usually consume quests
These days, I mostly find 4chan quests through these generals. QMs are generally terrible at using their catalog space efficiently, so I don't often bother browsing that anymore. If the premise seems interesting, I'll browse a bit through the current thread and then catch up on the suptg archives. If it keeps my interest, I'll follow the person's twitter to try catching live threads.

I'll participate more in live threads if I'm at my computer. If I'm on my phone, I'll often vote, but normally don't join in on the discussion or add new write-in votes.
>>
File: tegaki.png (3KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
3KB, 400x400px
Peaceful tranquility.
>>
>>699389
>tfw bulgar get's ignored.
Here bulgar you glorious bastard have a (You).
>>
>>697378
Any non-waifu, non-animu, non-herpaderp eeeevul quests atm?
>>
File: connie-neutral.png (18KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
connie-neutral.png
18KB, 550x400px
>>715948
Does mine count, technically?

>Based on some webcomic with a very simple art style
>Protagonist has a love interest but doesn't take over the spotlight (apart from a couple of threads)
>Protagonist isn't evil

Although it updates like a glacier since I've begun making large updates, and I'm waiting for my players to wake up from their timezones.
>>
>>715948
Lamplighter
Northern Beasts
Valen
>>
>>715960
>Northern Beasts

>Serving an evil goddess. Check

>Daughteru + goddess waifu. Check

>Henryk-sempai, what are we going to do on the bed? POMF! Check.

0/10

Try harder.
>>
>>715962
>Henryk-sempai
waitwaitwait, when was this part?
>>
>>715964

Thread 1 nigguh.

>Ugu, you're my new onii-san Henryk-kun!
>>
>>715965
>onii-san
>same as sempai
clearly you must study more animus
>>
>>715969
You're right.

I'll catch up on Northern Beasts since I'm a few threads behind to brush up on my anime weeb knowledge.
>>
>>715970
As long as you remember who best girl is.
>>
>>710055
>SRW

Spill anon. What series? What will the original MC and bad guy faction be like?

I'd kill for a SRW that digs into Pre-Mazinger stuff. Yokoyama stuff like Giant Robo, Tetsujin, Mars (inspiration for Godmars), and Babel II. You could have a SRW just with them. But then add Tezuka stuff like Astro Boy and Ambassador Magma and you got something really special. Maybe even have Pluto as a secret recruit?

>>710234
Gespenst is best. T-rippers are the best not-funnels of all time.

>>715948
Are there any herpaderp evil quests though? It seems to me most players just want to be neutral good.

From my stuff there's Capeworld. We just negotiated a confrontation between an American trickster spirit and a kitsune, so it might lightly trip your animu flag. We're talking to a family of Chinese dragons right now with more Occidental stuff to come like a fight in a Las Vegas haunted house.

Capeworld is far from the waifu zone though, so you might like that. The only main female character is married with a daughter.

>>715962
>Serving an evil goddess

>Daughteru

>Weird magical whale monsters

>Right on the "Prisoner of Zenda" border between the pre-industrial age and the industrial age.

Someone liked Dishonored. Not that its a bad thing, I'm just real tired of Lovecraft and Industrial Revolution stuff. I see a gaslamp or a tentacle and I just want to die.
>>
>>715962
Anon you made me laugh out loud in the middle of the work day. Now people are looking at me strangely.
>>
>>715972
Hebona was best girl you fucking shit wipes ;_;7

>>715976
yw

In all seriousness, >>715948

Go read Northern Beasts quest my man. It's the best quest on this board and since this is the only board with quests, the best quest on this sight.

Hands down nothing is better.
>>
>>715982
It is one of our star attractions for sure.
>>
>>715960
>Lamplighter
Thanks a lot, anon, it does seem quite intriguing.
>>
>>711707
Let's just say that sometimes you have to go a bit...native. That with all the Transpace Guard's tech and tricks, you still have to play by that universe's rules.

Some universes are more forgiving in that regard. Others are a bit more...I beleive the term they used at Sierra was "user-mendicious"?
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (122KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
122KB, 1366x768px
>>715973
Gespenst is best real robot. Posting best Gespenst pilot. I hope one day to run a SRW-type quest. I have an array of original units already planned. But, first, I need to finish my current quest
>>
File: tumblr_nubgr19wUP1r83ei3o1_500.jpg (138KB, 500x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nubgr19wUP1r83ei3o1_500.jpg
138KB, 500x720px
Is it better to write a quest in first, second, or third-person?
>The journey to McGuffinholm was an arduous one.
>Your journey to McGuffinholm was an arduous one.
>His journey to McGuffinholm was an arduous one.

Additionally, is it better to stick to past or present tense, or alternate between them depending on the circumstance?
>>
>>716396
2nd person is the norm since it's like you are telling the players what is occurring to them.

1st person I've seen work as well.

Don't do 3rd person.

Use present and past tense appropriately depending on the circumstance.
>>
>>716109
>Good taste anon.

Ardyguns best OG protagonists. Mist worst OG protagonist. Tenia best powerpuff. Soulgain best OG super holy shit look at that mustache

>>716396
>>716408
I like 2nd person. I don't recommend 3rd person. It just feels too distant for something like a quest. It might work if you were doing something like a "storybook/ fairy tale quest" where anons picked what happens to characters as opposed to what characters do.
>>
>>710514
Has it crossed your mind to have the courtesy to ask other QMs for permission if they're not yet dead?
>>
>>710355
SRW + Super Heroine Chronicle maybe?
>>
Shipgirl Commander XXV is up.

>>716450
>>
>>716442
Maybe one day. I still need to conclude Hitmaid.
>>716435
Melua is the best powerpuff. Her theme is awesome. Not sure the name of L's protagonist, but he's my favorite OG Mech. Mist is worst OG protag. Aussenseiter + Dygengar had the greatest attack.
>>
>>716396
I like first person, since it means that you're writing in a distinct voice. It allows you to show their emotions or their opinions on things in a way that informs player attitudes to certain elements of the setting. Second person comes across as a bit emotionally detached, since you're loading the emotions onto the audience rather than the MC, unless you go down the 'you are furious' route, which can be jarring if they don't give a shit.

For example.
>'The man was a pirate, just like my uncle.'
>'The man was a pirate, just like your uncle.'
Or
>'The man was a pirate. My parents were killed by pirates.'
>'The man was a pirate. Your parents were killed by pirates.'
It's almost the same in second person, but it feels more artificial. The difference is that in one circumstance, the character is sharing information with the audience when pertinent and in the other, the protagonist just spontaneously remembers things when they're narratively relevant.

I prefer past tense for first person, since otherwise the writing is less narrative and more stream of consciousness. Past tense also lets you skip over things that aren't important without seeming too artificial - the MC is just omitting relevant details. It's great for a hands-off quest where there's not too much micromanagement required.

Timeskips in present tense come across a little bit bizarre. Present tense writing is typically more hands on and detail heavy, so skipping bits loses the sense of control you'd get from it. If you're doing one thing and suddenly you're doing something else, it's a little jarring.

But this is all just my opinion, and I don't have much experience to back it up. I've written three quests in 2nd person present, and one in 1st person past but I vastly prefer it.
>>
>>716408
Shit taste.

3rd person with a few sprinklings of 1st person is top tier.

Aggressively 2nd person is a good indicator that the writing style won't exceed a certain level of quality for a looooong time.
>>
File: Cromwell V 7th AD.jpg (47KB, 564x553px) Image search: [Google]
Cromwell V 7th AD.jpg
47KB, 564x553px
Tankies Quest is live >>717417
>>
Which quests do you guys miss the most? Definitely Hellborn and Totemist for me. RIP Soma, Languid :^(
>>
>>717548
Black Company Quest. QM hasn't updated his twitter in two months.
>>
File: 1475555739833.png (115KB, 326x226px) Image search: [Google]
1475555739833.png
115KB, 326x226px
>tfw you're playing a quest and everyone picks the obviously fucking terrible option

I just love democracy.
>>
>>717548
I miss the Overpowered Magic User quests. They were great, and the person doing them did a fantastic job trying to involve so many players in the fun. The last couple had some weird bits due to a few players being sick and sadistic with their wishes, but overall they were quite enjoyable.
>>
File: toast to democracy.jpg (17KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
toast to democracy.jpg
17KB, 500x375px
>>717572
Better than an absolute autocracy

Which quest?
>>
New, aspiring GM here. Wanna start a quest, but I got told my OP wasn't exciting enough. How can I spice things up besides a handful of intro sentences?
>>
>>717612
Shipgirl Commander. We let a visitor in a foreign land ride a bus alone. And the bus is full of people who hate her and probably want to steal her money.
>>
File: toast.jpg (16KB, 293x323px) Image search: [Google]
toast.jpg
16KB, 293x323px
>>717619
Eeeeyyyy comrade we really do need to discuss harder about our decisions
>>
>>717615
Drop them right into action and do the intro along the way
>>
>>717730
Is it bad if I wanna use the thread as a springboard for a novel?
>>
>>717738
Eh Nah
>>
>>717738
You mean 'write everything as a novel once the quest is done' or 'refuse player agency for the sake of showing off your story'?
>>
>>717751
A bit of both. I've got a rough outline for the story, but it's bare and it follows a standard "hero's journey" plotline, so I figure a hint of railroading when absolutely needed isn't bad.
>>
>>717615
Avoid a lengthy intro. Quests benefit most from starting right in the action in a scene that is interesting and engrossing regardless of what you know about the character. Hit the ground running with something that will suck in new readers, and then start building on that foundation as you go.

Avoid plot dumps, lore dumps, or any kind of dump as much as possible, because like it or not, nobody cares about any of that until you get them invested enough to care, at which point they will seek out that information, and then you can start giving out chunks of lore.
>>
>>716440
It has, but most of the quests I would be stealing have been long since abandoned by their owners, willingly or otherwise.

Obviously I wouldn't rip an ongoing quest, or anything by an active QM without their permission.
>>
>>717859
If you have trouble you could always use stand-ins and similar substitutes and name swaps.
>>
>>717548
Predator Quest, Totemist, Magus Hunter, Galaxy, most of Fallguy quests, Aspiring Emperor, A Fresh Start: An (ex)Guardsman and another dozen names I forgot.
>>
>>717548
>RIP Languid
The quest may be toast, but Hellborn is being rewriting as a non-interactive story over on Anonkun.

>>717615
Present a solid scenario and choice. 'You are X, what do?' can _sometimes_ work, but it isn't very compelling by itself. Especially if it's ostensibly just a choice between going back to sleep or not.

If you don't want to begin the quest in media res or with an action scene, then a somewhat longer post can help, if just to give people enough to care about. Rather than just starting with a bear in a forest and asking what it should do, give the bear a goal, problem, or obstacle first, before calling for a vote. Alternatively, a little background on what brings the bear to that neck of woods. You don't have to fill in everything, but it helps to give your players at least a little bit of direction. Can't judge the value of going back to sleep or not without knowing if she usually sleeps in, or if she had something to wake up for that day, or if there's someone she's wanting to avoid, etc. If anything can pop up after the vote, then there's nothing to base the votes on, and the audience becomes just a crude random number generator.
>>
File: vampiric qm op.png (238KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
vampiric qm op.png
238KB, 500x550px
>>713431
Running a one shot, ever so slowly.
>>
>>718097
New thread for Tech-Priest Quest
>>
I'm thinking of abandoning my failed start of a quest >>710526

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to read the posts I made and give any advice/feedback.

Honestly I'm a bit dispirited because I just kept dictating what one thing happened next for the one player I got (which was fun at the time) but I feel like I had too much narrative control even with the dice coming into it a bit. Maybe that's all psychological and this post should really just say "Hey, I started a quest yesterday, going to run a bit more tonight come join me!" I could continue I guess but I'm not feeling like i even care to at this point.

I just want to know what I could have done better so I can try again another time.

I hope this doesn't sound like whining/looking for pity/passive-aggressive advertising, it's not. I want to try to do another quest another day, and I'm just looking for a bit of feedback.
>>
>>717615
Read the OP.

Read other quests.

Look dude, how were you intending to write that nanowrimo? We can't supply you with every single impetus starting from whether to wake up or not. We can't provide you with enough prompts to last you a month.
>>
>>718088
How'd you know it was me? But thanks for the help.
>>718318
I tried reading other quests, but they're all beyond the first thread so I didn't know how to start off. I've already got an outline of where I expect the story to go, but I wanted some asistance in how to make it enjoyable. Now I'm not sure if I want to do another quest anymore if everyone's gonna criticize my shitty exposition.
>>
>>718346
>they're all beyond the first thread so I didn't know how to start off
How about you go to suptg and read some of the classics? Or actually go back and read the first thread of a quest?
>>
I didn't know I could shamelessly self promote my quest in this thread.

I'm running 'Among the mist' quest. A story involving the hero Vander Delatreu, The highest ranking Arcane Inquisitor in the Magus Society, working directly under the Grand Magus Apex himself.

Currently as of posting we find Vander sneaking up on some chumps who mugged his carriage driver.

>>715007
>>715007

[spolier]Babbies first quest, Id love any form of critique. Also winging the story as I go [/spoiler]
>>
File: Repress your senses.jpg (189KB, 1919x1199px) Image search: [Google]
Repress your senses.jpg
189KB, 1919x1199px
Once again, I am kind of blank here. We will start by tomorrow.

should i get i trip name? it seems popular around here.
>>
>>718734
Sure, just don't use it needlessly.
>>
Eh, looks like Gem Quest didn't get any interest this time. Will try again later in the week, hopefully draw interest then. Hope it's just because of /qst/ being low on users.
>>
File: No control.jpg (524KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
No control.jpg
524KB, 1920x1200px
I am not very creative when it comes to names. Well, that is the end of that. I guess.
>>
>>718759
People have preferences, it's possible that many of the potential players aren't interested. But you did get at least one or two respones, right?
>>
>>718783
I did get one or two people, but they never responded beyond one post each. So not no interest at all, but not enough to actually run. It's a little encouraging I guess.

I understand people have preferences though, I just figured after several attempts I'd be able to attract even one regular person. I enjoy and have a lot of fun running what little I have gotten to of it, so hopefully perseverance is the key.
>>
For those interested, I disclosed a bit of setting-related information at the end of >>684380, and I'm about ready to start Thread 2 in a few minutes.
I know dumps are a bit taboo, but it's not "required reading" and the thread's in autosage/on page 10.
>>
File: Basic advice for new QMs.png (444KB, 2952x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Basic advice for new QMs.png
444KB, 2952x1066px
>>708956
I feel like with all these different categories there should be a list somewhere to tell QMs what they are making. E.g. Traditional, Civ*, Cultural*, Risk*, God, ect.

*Not saying these are quests just saying they are a thing that /qst/ plays sometimes.

>>718111
Personally, I found your writing to be pretty good, the only problem I see is that the time between updates is a bit lengthy. Try getting the time down to like 15-20 minutes or try to shorten the length of the actual word post and save time by that.

Either that or the story idea isn't the most attractive for players like how >>718783 explained it. Play around with it and do some other one-shots. The best way to learn is always through experience.

>>718769
Congratulations, you are now one of us.

>>717615
Image related.
>>
>>719542
Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah some of the long time between updates was me not paying enough attention or hoping for a 2nd vote but a lot of it was me just spending too much time thinking about what to write. But I'll try to practice getting that down with a different idea another time.
>>
File: You are not alone.jpg (364KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
You are not alone.jpg
364KB, 1920x1200px
>>719542
Thank you.

I can't sleep though, i am itching to start a quest but this is probably a bad move; everyone is asleep as of now.
>>
>>719570
There are always people awake in the wired.

But yeah I just had the same thought. "What if instead of sleeping, which I can't do, I started planning out a new quest. That's almost like productivity!"
>>
>>719570
Not everyone, but pretty close.
>>
>>719566
>a lot of it was me just spending too much time thinking about what to write.

Generally speaking, if your quest is going to be highly story-driven, you want a good idea of where you want the plot to go. Think of it like one of those old CYOA books: have multiple routes planned, but linked to a general framework of stuff happening around the central story. For example, say you've got a quest set in a generic fantasy land. Who is your MC and what is his motivation? What things can you have in the background to either impede or aid him in his journey? You can have a story arc planned out in advance as long as it's vague enough to allow the players some control about how they reach the end of the arc, and what they do during the arc's climax, which will influence the next arc, if you have one planned.

Or be really, really good at improv.
>>
>>719566
Checked.

I started out the same with my quest updates being a bit lengthy and a long time in between. I've gotten faster in typing but if the problem for you is thinking about stuff is a different matter. Best I can do for practice is make more threads and if you have an idea write something down. Flesh out the story and world build a bit. Sometimes I like to use paint.net, or just use paper, to draw a random map and create some narrative for why certain things are there. Or go on some sandbox game and do stuff like that. >>719594 is better at explaining what we both mean. Just keep trying.

>>719570
I can't sleep either. Same reason, I'm debating on whether I should make a quest or not.
>>
>>719594
>>719610

>if your quest is going to be highly story-driven, you want a good idea of where you want the plot to go
I actually had a pretty good idea of the overall plot, I knew what the mystery was and how it could be resolved and had scenes and characters figured out in a web map.

What I was wasting all the time on was mostly coming up with 3 options or how to describe something. I think it's definitely something I can work on.

I type fast and know where the big picture is going, it's the details that trip me up.
>>
File: this is your quest.jpg (26KB, 176x336px) Image search: [Google]
this is your quest.jpg
26KB, 176x336px
>>718111
1. Give me a reason to read! Look at the attached image. This is all you're giving someone looking through the catalog. Your choice of image and title gives me SOME kind of idea of what you're writing, but your opening text does absolutely nothing except explain to me what a one-shot is! Now, I know most quests start out with some kind of welcome message or with an archive link, but that doesn't mean that they're all wrong for doing so. It is a very bad practice because, look at the image again, it creates zero interest. Show off your writing instead, show me a mystery or some drama or some action! Anything to make me interested in your premise. After you have my interest you can, if you absolutely must, explain your premise. Really though, I don't recommend doing that at all. Show, don't tell! If you have to explain your premise to make it interesting, then it isn't interesting!

2. Give me something to read!
So I actually went ahead and opened your thread because specifically requested advice. I wouldn't have done this otherwise (see reasons above) but here we are. After skipping over all the unnecessary introductions that don't actually show me anything, I'm presented with a single line of text.
One line.
Everyone knows about the unworn baby shoes by now, but this is just not good enough. Your title promised a mystery but you haven't shown even a hint of mystery yet. That could be okay if instead you'd given me an intriguing event to read more about, but you haven't done that either. If the main character was interesting I might also have wanted to read more about him or her, but you don't present a character to me either. You've still given me nothing, even after I opened your thread!
Write an actual scene, have something actually happen, have the main character actually do something and show off some of their personality through that, do something interesting! "Shouting from the next room" is just not enough. You could, for example, have skipped straight in there and shown me that something interesting is going on in that room that the main character needs to respond to and I would have actually had a reason to stick with you.

3. Colors!
Now I'm going to admit I stopped at your OP, but from what you've told us, so did everyone else so I feel this still applies. You gotta actually paint a scene for me, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU CLAIM TO WRITE HORROR. Create an atmosphere of horror for me to dive into! I know I'm probably not going to be spooked because doing that through a quest would take a genius, but I'd still be interested just for a good horror atmosphere! And without that, how can you even claim to be doing horror?
So pull out the entire palette of grim and dim, tell me about the way the flickering lights make the replica of David almost seem alive, how the shadows dance in the corner of your eyes and how the ticking of the clock on the wall echoes through the hall, counting away the seconds until.. what?
>>
>>719699
I want to make love to this post through my computer.
>>
I miss Hf's crusader quest

I wish he'd run another
>>
>>710526 needs more love. If we want more oneshots, we need to be willing to participate in the good ones.
>>
>>718636
Looked at it, saw too many numbers in the story posts. Did not see interesting character interaction nor received an inkling as to what the MC was like.
>>
What's more preferred interactable one-shots/omakes or just quick reads?
>>
>>720188
is it connected to a larger setting?
>>
File: Saki_Maid.jpg (64KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Saki_Maid.jpg
64KB, 800x800px
Dark Gate Academy: Men In Black edition is now up!
>>720411
>>720411
>>720411
>>
>>720353
Yeah
>>
>>720444
oneshots. It essentially becomes collaborative worldbuilding.
>>
what is the best way to review a quest and tell the qm how to improve because you like the quest
>>
>>720548
Like >>719699
>>
What is your opinion of Quests using a framing device like the entire story being a documentary or a story a grandparent telling a child?
>>
>>720617
Dandelion the QM of the Witcher Quest did that.
Was pretty Neat
>>
>>720617
I love it, but I'm probably biased because that's how I'm doing my quest.

It feels nice to be able to step out of the confines of the story timeline to wrap up some plotlines, or foreshadow or to explain key concepts while staying in character.
>>
Started a new badly drawn freeform quest yesterday called Convenience Quest. Currently a pompadour-sporting, coin-flipping paintballer as the only night employee at a convenience store. It is [i]completely mundane[/i] and absolutely no shenanigans will be happening at all. [i]ahem[/i]

>>715958

Also, I'm a bit of a new player round these parts but I was reading some old archived quests and got inspired to try my own hand at it. Didn't know there was like guides and shit but it's not supposed to be all too serious anyway.
>>
>>720719
I also forgot only the OP can do formatting. What a time to be brain damaged.
>>
>>716536
>Spoilers

Best non-OG team up is that one final dynamic special where they all put their hands together like the three musketeers. All for one and one for all.

Melua best powerpuff? Uh, what PLEBIAN taste!

L's mech (I think its the Rushbird? Straybird? Something bird) is top tier. Its design and theme are very solid for it basiaclly being not-Zeorymer...oh, I get it. You like it because of the robo-maid, don't ya Meido?
>>
File: Master Monk.jpg (31KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
Master Monk.jpg
31KB, 500x283px
Ninja Monk Quest finished up another section of the thread last night. Feel free to read up at your leisure!

>>710605
>>710605

QM Twitter for updates:
https://twitter.com/TheRedL4dy

Archive:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Ninja%20Monk

Character pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/3vzHnmkj
>>
>>717798
Very true! These are tried-and-true tips that make quests better and they don't require extra effort.
>>720861
Where's the guy with the "pure story" pastebins? Actually prefer those to reading thread archives
>>
>>717798
>>720964
I started off right in the middle of the action with Baron Bizarre Quest and it died screaming. I sort of compromised with the Capeworld Statesmen Sim. It opened with some exposition but mostly it was political action with us meeting our crew and getting ready to speak in front of the Senate.
>>
What are people's opinions on putting 2 choices in the same post? Not all the time, but once or twice near the start.

As a
>Type of person A
>Type of person B
>Type of person C

>You do thing 1
>You do thing 2
>You do thing 3

And just take the majority vote of each option
>>
>>720992
Depends on the anon's preference. Some people want a set combination to happen, but get pissed if one or two things aren't done.
>>
>>720992
Can work - best if those options aren't strongly connected, so >>721014's combinations are irrelevant.

Like:
Which weapon do you take?
> Laser rifle
> Sword
Do you kill your prisoner?
> Yes
> No
>>
File: 1476239802669.png (298KB, 500x1005px) Image search: [Google]
1476239802669.png
298KB, 500x1005px
>>720780
Nah, the theme change and Zeorymer-special attack are on point. Robot maid is only an added bonus.
>tfw first time you use Dimension Storm
Literal perfection

Best non-OG team up is the Iczer special attack. It's unfortunate that only Iczer 1 gets EN regen

Meula's attack with Granteed in MD is top tier, comrade.
>>
File: We are all together.jpg (172KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
We are all together.jpg
172KB, 1920x1200px
well, here we are. a follow up to my previous giant killing quest.

>>721560
>>721560
>>721560
>>
Alchemical Blade Quest will begin in about an hour!
>>
>>720032
Not trying to stir anything up, but where did you see "too many numbers" The only times I used numbers was to describe something. I.E. Two stallions, couriers age, passing of time.

Were the numbers you were talking about the dice rolls?

And within the 3rd, 5th, and 10th story post I developed some background on the protagonist, but for the most part I'm letting the players decide how he acts.
>>
>>721923
>>720032

Forgot my trip code.
>>
File: anon I.jpg (9KB, 300x262px) Image search: [Google]
anon I.jpg
9KB, 300x262px
>>720032
>>721923
>>721925
Looked at it, saw grammatical structure that would have given my old English teacher, Doctor Sullivan, a fiery climax (albeit it had a few odd mistakes here and there).

I'll personally endorse Zett's writing. The quest seems dry atm, but that can be explained away as it being the first thread of his first quest. There is going to be some exposition. The posts are text heavy, but I can't really talk, can I?

Regardless, looking forward to reading more of your quests, Zett.

...what numbers was he complaining about?
>>
>>722008
Yeah, I haven't really developed an intricate planning strategy yet, so I'm just winging it, and of course through winging it some mistakes do slip though.

I do have plan for this current quest (with the bishop) to tie in to the overall story.

I have no fucking clue what numbers either... My guess is that he saw a post where I listed the dice roll to determine weapon outcome. But even that may be a stretch
>>
File: 318411_tomycase_model-zx.png (827KB, 714x1000px) Image search: [Google]
318411_tomycase_model-zx.png
827KB, 714x1000px
Alchemical Blade Quest is now up and running! Do you enjoy cyberpunk, magic in said cyberpunk, espionage, conspiracies, and high octane action of slicing tanks apart with sharp pointy objects? Then you make like it!

>>722041

Know about Exalted? Then you may tangentially enjoy this as its set within the Modern version of it!
>>
>QM
Uh.... There was. But that's been fixed.

>Player
Depends. Minor spelling mistakes Brine are really no big deal that I don't even notice half the time anyway. A complete misunderstanding of the English language is another story. Other things are on a case by case basis, like perceived railroading or flinging shit in the thread.
>>
>>722057
Fuck, I'm dumb.

Norseman Saga is live, right now. Whole reason I even opened /qtg/.

>>722042
>>
File: 1457671090139[1].jpg (539KB, 909x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1457671090139[1].jpg
539KB, 909x1200px
Picking up where I left off.
>>706669
>>
I have being working on rules and purchase options for a Planetary Governor quest and I was hoping to get any kind of input.

http://pastebin.com/DpStBNgY

Hopefully, I will have the planet's description and history along with the character options transcribe by next week and actually run it.
>>
>>722438
I dig this.
>>
>>722796

Thanks, any suggestions to expand the planetary improvements?
>>
>>722972
Perhaps have other civilizations act positively or negatively depending on which way the played civilization builds it's stuff.

Aside from that, i don't really know.
>>
File: Among the Mist.jpg (28KB, 182x332px) Image search: [Google]
Among the Mist.jpg
28KB, 182x332px
>>718636
>>720032
>>722008
>>722033
Alright, now that all this popped up, I'm curious too. Now, I know you didn't ask for criticism but quite simply I have an agenda and I'm going to use you for it, whether you like it or not. This isn't a review, this is me telling you how I think you could have sold your quest better and convinced more people to read it, and I think you especially need that because you're doing a lot of things right, but you're not doing those things until halfway into your thread, leaving you with only the players patient enough to see you get there. So, let's start from the top!

>1. "I suck."
Quite honestly, you didn't need to do this. First, you choose to alert everyone that you are new and that you don't like commas. It would serve you much better to show some confidence, start your quest with guns blazing. You CAN write, your grammar and spelling are well within acceptable ranges, you're capable of colorful and interesting language, you can DO this shit so don't start by telling me you can't! Show me what you have, not what you don't have!

>2. Pastebins in OP!
This is almost definitely what the anon you're confused about meant when he said "too many numbers." No, they're not actually numbers, but this is the reaction you'll get from a lot of potential readers. Both of your pastebins are short, but they're sending a muddled signal: Are players expected to read them before they're able to play your quest right? Or are they unnecessary? Let's look at them.

The first pastebin contains some general info, an explanation of stats, what perks are (both are exactly what everyone would expect them to be), and some general rules for voting or rolling. These are all very good notes to have as a QM but with the possible exception of voting and rolling rules the player does not need to know any of this yet. Having stats and mechanics is fun, but introduce them as they become relevant and when your players need to know them, not right in the OP!

The second pastebin is about character classes. This pastebin is particularly awesome since you have no less than nine of them but the players are only getting one of them and have to pick right here and now, making it more of a list of what we're not getting than a list of what we can choose from. Moreover, all of them are more or less what anyone who has encountered a fantasy RPG before would expect them to be. Basically this pastebin is also excellent to have as QM notes, but largely unnecessary to your players. All this could have been introduced when (and if!) it becomes relevant!

This might seem like a really small thing, but you ARE scaring off players with these pastebins in your first OP by raising the bar. Even if you didn't intend it, pastebins like this come off as "required reading" and basically put a greater distance between your potential players and your quest. Or in popular terms, you're making your quest LESS accessible when, I assume, you were trying to do the opposite.
>>
>>723726
>3. Character generation!
Now, character generation is NOT a crime, not in an of itself. You need to be aware of the bad rep it has and why it has it. The subject has been heavily discussed time and again, so I'll skip over that and skip straight to why I think it's an issue for you: Nothing happens! Effectively, your story doesn't begin until the 5th post, an hour since you posted your OP. And the worst part is you're actually painting an interesting character at this point, but you've been hiding him for so long that most of your potential players have already left!

The best CharGen are those that avoid this problem, by having the story begin in the OP (sounds logical when you think about it, doesn't it?) and doing the actual CharGen through the character interacting with that story. Essentially, by weaving the CharGen into the story you can have both story and Chargen, doing away with at least one of the big issues with that concept. You don't do this though, your MC is lying in a bed for 5 entire updates doing nothing but thinking about his background.

If you had shown off the character right away, shown off his personality and troubles and leaving certain bits open to CharGen, then you could have had readers wanting to know more about him and staying with you just for him. Or you could have showcased an intriguing mystery that your readers would want to explore, but you described waking up in a bed instead.

>4. Motive!
By the 5th update, you're starting to get into the story, but one critical part is still lacking at this point, one that I'd argue that you simply can't start a quest without. What is the MCs motive? Your players NEED this, preferably right in the OP, otherwise how can they possibly play the character? Establish an MCs motive early and he just clicks so much better, your players understand him at a basic level right away, and their decisions will be more informed just from a single line establishing that motive.

>5. Show off!
I've said this already but I want to close with this: You gotta show off! You have an interesting character, so show him off right at the beginning! Pick an OP image that grabs my attention and shows what I can expect from you, show off something awesome in your first lines (the ones I can see from the catalog) and then hold my attention with an important first vote!

You can write, so don't tell us you can't! You've got game mechanics, so show us those mechanics in play instead of telling us about them in a pastebin! You have nice things dude, but you're hiding them deep in your thread. If you simply showed off what you HAVE got, you could have had a lot more attention and a lot more voters!

Continnue your quest, show everyone all the nice things you have, show off with your next OP (image and first lines of text, remember!), and show (don't tell) QTG how awesome your character and story is when and if you advertise the next thread, and you may get your quest the attention it DOES deserve.
>>
File: Winging this 100%.jpg (387KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Winging this 100%.jpg
387KB, 1080x1920px
Hijackin' this dead quest. Bringing this back with a vengeance. Hope to see ya'll there.

>>723723
>>
>>723726
>>723733

I fucking love your analysis dude! I love any form of critique. But, the comma thing I just tend to miss a lot as I type, And it irks me personally.

Im thinking of finishing up and waiting for the thread to archive after a conclusive post soon. (I choose this because I don't want two of my posts up at the same time, I think that comes off as "Hey! give my thread attention!" with the exception to way larger threads.

In my next OP and after some rigorous planning i'll apply what i've learned from your critique.
>>
>>723726
>>723733

Follow up questions: Should my next OP have a summary of past events, weeding out unnecessary information? Should my character sheet be in the OP or only when it's relevant? Or should I have a continuation of the story then in a follow up post have a summary of past events and character sheet information?
>>
File: Lu-Kiang.jpg (89KB, 900x681px) Image search: [Google]
Lu-Kiang.jpg
89KB, 900x681px
>>723726
>>723733
>>723787
Clutch Reveiw, glad someone else saw the evident talent!

>>720861

Ninja Monk Quest is finished for the week. Feel free to catch up at your own pace, it's worth a read.
>>710605
>>710605

QM Twitter for updates and shitposting:
https://twitter.com/TheRedL4dy

Archive:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Ninja%20Monk

Character pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/3vzHnmkj
>>
>>723787
Worrying about having a second thread isn't really a thing for me. Just keep going and wrap up your thread where it's supposed to and then make a new when it's time for a new one I'd say. Yes, if your thread is only a day or two old you should probably keep using it, but you'd have to wait over a week for it to drop off entirely. Doesn't make sense to me.

Right now you should just focus on giving your current players a good time, then worry about the rest when the thread is wrapped up where it naturally should be,

>>723823
>summary
You have one thread, you don't need an explicit summary yet. You should be able to weave the necessary plot details into your main text pretty naturally, judging by what I've seen. If you do opt for an explicit summary, I'd advise you put it after the actual main text. Remember, first lines should be exciting and gripping, and summaries, while useful, are not exciting.

>character sheet
Sure, you can attach that at the end. It's a handy reference. Or you could post it directly in the thread, in an extra post after the main story text and vote prompts, it's not very long after all.

If you want to be fancy you can also post the character sheet as an image. It's more work, but it's pretty! Exalted quest even managed to combine character sheet and OP image and make it be awesome. But that's just an example, you don't have to do it that way. The important thing is to remember to be as awesome as you can be!
>>
>>723866
Thanks a bunch, This has been very helpful. I'm going to wrap up the first part since I think I can take a day or two break to improve upon my first person narrative, and go into extensive planning mode.

In my next OP I'll be more clear with the objectives, I guess attempting to be too sandboxy wasn't the wisest for capturing attention.
>>
>>723880
I agree that you're doing a lot of things right, you just have to re-order and change perspective slightly.

I'm personally not sure how you'll jumpstart this quest so that it isn't hampered by that beginning, but it is within your skillset to run a quest.
>>
>>723866

I really envied the Exalted Quest character sheet design. As someone who has no Graphical Design talent at all and trying to do the same, I feel mine is still bare bones but shit at least happy with what I got out of it.

>>723880

Don't worry about the rough start. I had a really rough one when my Prologue was on /tg/ than the next day the /qst/ banishment happened which killed nearly all my players, but I'm sure you'll do fine.
>>
[b] bold [/b]
[b]bold[b]
[b]bold
[b] bold

Just testing various syntax formats for bolding words.
>>
>>723956
2nd one, it works like forums. However it's only accessible to the thread OP's ID and tripcode
>>
>>723959
Cool, thanks. I just read that internal thoughts should be italilicized, but for testing like I did bold was easier to type four times
>>
>>723780
What is it? All I see is a little introspection in the thumbnail.
>>
>>723974
Haha holy SHIT thats a fuckup jesus christ.

>>716691
>>
File: dingdingding.png (93KB, 598x498px) Image search: [Google]
dingdingding.png
93KB, 598x498px
>>723977
Ohhhhhhhhh
>>
I was planning to run a horror suspense quest set at Fatal Frame World but this is not the point

How is the general opinion about Survival Horror Suspense quest is?
>>
>>724067
>How is the general opinion about Survival Horror Suspense quest is?
Impossible to do.
>>
>>724067
So difficult to do that it might as well be impossible for mortals.
>>
File: 1476639478077.jpg (50KB, 567x416px) Image search: [Google]
1476639478077.jpg
50KB, 567x416px
Unless I get hit with the call for coitus expect Symbiote Quest to go live sound 630PM EST
>>
Magical Girl For Hire Quest will resume today at around 1:30 CST, hopefully.

Hoo boy, last run or two have been a close as hell shave.
>>
>>724249
Great. Close shave how?

(Personally, I think our charade should have been more easily pierced through. It's not as though we've been consistent.)
>>
File: Oni fuuta 1.jpg (138KB, 720x573px) Image search: [Google]
Oni fuuta 1.jpg
138KB, 720x573px
>>724259

Ryukuza Quest continues with slice of life stuff and vague threats.
>>
>>702551
I miss fallout trader quest
>>
>>724237
>Choosing female companionship over questing

Degenerate.
>>
File: normalfags.jpg (394KB, 1051x732px) Image search: [Google]
normalfags.jpg
394KB, 1051x732px
>>724237
>>724410
>>
File: 1462124846542-1.jpg (77KB, 220x301px) Image search: [Google]
1462124846542-1.jpg
77KB, 220x301px
>>724418
>>724410
>>
File: No future.jpg (142KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
No future.jpg
142KB, 1920x1200px
I would like to apologize; I had the overall idea set and what not but somehow i couldn't continue yesterday. Maybe it had something with the pov shift from 1st to 2nd? I don't know.
>>
Konquest Guy should run a Kaiju Quest
>>
File: 225770-skies1.jpg (49KB, 620x300px) Image search: [Google]
225770-skies1.jpg
49KB, 620x300px
Magical Girl Bomber is up.

>>724667
>>
File: 7ELsnJt.jpg (429KB, 1280x1932px) Image search: [Google]
7ELsnJt.jpg
429KB, 1280x1932px

Wroightan
We Live
Pain
>>
>Offer a vote to speak with someone
>Literally EVERY single response is a shitpost.

I deserve this, don't I?
>>
>>724800
Yeah
>>
>>724800
Yeah
>>
>>724800
It's just like the time everyone wanted Will to act as edgy as possible.
>>
File: 1462126420381.jpg (89KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
1462126420381.jpg
89KB, 1000x563px
>>724800
Possibly.
>>
File: pullingamill.png (55KB, 280x300px) Image search: [Google]
pullingamill.png
55KB, 280x300px
>>724800
Let Sora be the plunderer from the land down underer

Pic related is a man from the wrong land down underer
>>
d20 or d100?
>>
>>725010
Are you ever gonna set a DC at 64 or 72?

If not, then d20
>>
>>725060
t.guy who only uses d100 in his quest
>>
>Bully quest dies without Trey fucking Sharon

Goddamit why?
>>
>>725083
I have faith in it.
>>
File: IMG_0091.png (11KB, 359x291px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0091.png
11KB, 359x291px
>>724410
>>
>>725060
I mean, I did in Contractor Quest after bonuses were applied. Then I dropped it in favor of 3d10 for reasons unrelated to oddly numbered DCs
>>
akun down for anybody else?

getting 522 error
>>
>>725854
Down for me too.
>>
>>725854
Same here
>>
File: 1475685496022.jpg (53KB, 500x581px) Image search: [Google]
1475685496022.jpg
53KB, 500x581px
>>725854
>Dies right as I was gonna update and call it a night '

This is an advanced kind of pain
>>
>>725937
at least I have some chik fil a
>>
anonkun is dead
>>
>>724819
I-is this photoshopped?
>>
File: batman.jpg (21KB, 288x315px) Image search: [Google]
batman.jpg
21KB, 288x315px
>>726009
DCAU Batman is callous but not that callous.

it also implies that he enjoys things which just not possible
>>
>>726009
Everything but the last two panels is real, it's a shot from Batman Beyond 2.0
>>
>>726047
>it also implies that he enjoys things which just not possible
Especially nachos I hear
>>
>>725937

But you have 10 other quests you could update instead.
>>
Got a game going, would love some more people. >>722375
>>
Is it proper etiquitte to keep my trip code on all the time, or if i'm participating should I just use my name without the trip code?

>>726486
Thread looks fun, I should be preparing for my next OP but I'm quite the chronic procrastinator when i'm tired.
>>
>>727093
You should only keep your trip on when you're running a quest. Other than that, there's no reason to.
>>
>>727105
That was my initial thought, thank you. But having a name is totally okay still right? Not that I don't prefer anonymity or anything.
>>
>>727115

Once you post your trip code in a general I honestly don't see a difference since ID codes are still the same.
>>
>>727093
It is the norm in QTG to keep your tripcode and name on at all times so that you can attentionwhore as much as possible, whenever possible. Decide for yourself whether you want to fit in or do what's right.
>>
>>727048
Enjoyed the thread, But i'm too tired to think well right now. Hope it picks up more attention.
>>
>>727530
Yeah, I think I'm gonna pause it for now, get some sleep. Thanks for playing!
>>
File: anonkun is kill.jpg (55KB, 540x327px) Image search: [Google]
anonkun is kill.jpg
55KB, 540x327px
>>726005
>>
>>727093

Thread looks fun? Were you replying to someone else?
>>
>>727560
>more than a week
I was just on there today.
>>
>>727571
yeah it didn't shit itself till like 5 hours ago
>>
>>727560
AND IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII WILL ALWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYS LOOOOOOOVE YOUUUUUU

At least we don't have to deal with daki and his genderbending gay furry porn. Sleepy is a slut too.

rip Hack and UNQ
>>
>>727571
Maybe he's a time traveller. Or maybe you are?
>>
Any statement from Kas about why akun is down?
>>
Somewhere in Akun HQ:
"Gonna update stuff."
"Kk, living on the edge, mate. Do it!"
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
....restarting now...
"Hm, our server isn't coming back up..."
"Dude! What have you done?!"
>>
File: 686.png (30KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
686.png
30KB, 550x400px
And another thread of Whirlpool Quest comes to a close. The final boss has been encountered and the MC's party is making progress against his group. But now he has one more trump card and his two lieutenants are regrouping.

Drawing these fortress clusterfucks are a lot harder than I remember doing when I was a kid.
>>
Holy fuck I hate you kas, bring anonkun back. I was in the middle of catching up on half a dozen quests after a period of not having any time to follow any.
>>
>>727715
I'm more worried than anything.

I've really been getting into writing my quest but it's not archived anywhere, and I've got none of the text saved anywhere. If Akun doesn't come back I'll be gutted to have all that work vanish.

If he's struggling with server costs I'd be happy to donate. I don't get why he doesn't want to do that. Or why he's happy to let shitposters in smut quests burn up the bandwidth with futa images.
>>
>>727738
Have you tried tweeting him and asking?
>>
>>727715
Maybe Kas only needed love all along!

>>727740
Akun twitter doesn't seem very active, really.
>>
Conspiracy Revealed! Chat protocol between moot.jp and Anonkun:
"Want a vip pass?"
"Yes, master!"
"Then shutdown for a little bit. Too many flee to your site."
"Sure, no problem!"

Evil Alignment Gained.
Level Up! Now a level 3 moot!
>>
>>727740
Yes, no response yet
>>
>New smut quest updates today
>Akun dead
Life is suffering.
>>
Kas better fix this before it ruins my weekly Golden Empire fix, the words are already being pumped out slowly enough to barely stave off withdrawal.
>>
>>727831
>>727840
It's back.
>>
And Anonkun is back
>>
>>727850
>>727851
Thank fuck for that.

Still, I'm copying my story to a google document now, and I'll update it after every live session. Better safe than sorry.
>>
>>727852
I write it in open office and then copy into akun, so I have my own logs of my quest.
>>
File: 1476846976070.png (220KB, 321x333px) Image search: [Google]
1476846976070.png
220KB, 321x333px
Updated a hole ago and left voting open

I might write today

I might not

Idunno mane

http://anonkun.com/stories/symbiote-quest/nLFhaigrSfd8Kdqfr/issue-2-adjustments/vTHpLJmXZPu6DN24i
>>
>>727857
>>727852
>>727738
Do you guys not just do everything in docs? Why? It saved my ass when my laptop shit out and I did like eight threads from my phone
>>
Akun was working perfectly as the site came back up, but opening new tabs now I can't load chat on any of them. Anyone else got this issue?
>>
>>727913
Fixed with a refresh for me.
>>
>>727915
It's weird, I opened a bunch of random stories on the front page and RE:Cursed works every time but none of the other chats will load even with force refresh.
>>
>>727918
Servants of the Magiocracy seems to work too. No luck with the Exalted/MGE quests, Useless Ninja, Panzer Ace...
>>
>>727913
The chat thing is a common bug. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
>>
>>727569
oops, had a major oversight and replied to the wrong person. Sorry about that confusion.
>>
It's October 20th 2016, Shadow Master/Andrew.

Where's the pokemon/scholomance/dark souls hybrid quest you totally promised?
>>
>>728196
That combination... maybe better left alone and forgotten...
>>
>>727921
>Servants of the Magiocracy seems to work too.
SotM is great. Highly recced.
>>
>>728207
But you don't understand.

He promised! He promised a train wreck sure but a promise is a promise!
>>
>tfw when you were waiting for the Naruto quests to dry up to run your own lethal Mist Ninja quest
>tfw yet another Naruto quest pops up
>tfw you have no face

Fine, I'll run a Zoids quest instead you greedy fucks.
>>
>>728733
Naruto quest pops up, doesn't care for best practises advice, works and gets players anyway - power of the brand.
>>
>>728762
Pretty much
>>
>>709698
Probably no submissions

Which is a shame because I wanted to submit a banner of a giant pile of shit that has rotten to the point where not even mold wants to grow on it. Which I think accurately describes this board.
>>
>>728925
/qst/ is the best thing on 4chan.
You should've thought about submitting a pic of a blooming rose in a barren desert.
>>
File: 1457326315259.jpg (911KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1457326315259.jpg
911KB, 1024x768px
Starcaller Quest: Episode 2 is up!
>>728998
>>728998
>>728998
>>
>>728733
>>728733
Welp the QM shit all over his own quest, so never mind. I'm not even sure it was a real quest, seems like a troll.
>>
>>729009
Check this shit out. Don't let another gem die like you did Laughing Dog, /qst/. We're counting on you
>>
>>729030
>>729030
>>729030

Dragonball Quest is running
>>
>>729036
But it's not Naruto, not Star Wars, has no waifu wars...
Sounds interesting.
>>
File: [It's a good].png (394KB, 576x496px) Image search: [Google]
[It's a good].png
394KB, 576x496px

I forgot to say I'm live. Whoops
>>
>>729197
>When you traumatize your players and scare them from ever going into the sewers

Damn I posted that image too soon
>>
>>729238
dunno why everyone is so afraid of Fever Pitch
>>
>>729036
I'm trying to get interested in it but I can't. The writing is solid but the premise and setting seem sort of generic
>>
>>729306
I may just be a sucker for anything space opera, but I want to see how this all turns out, and what kind of player we can become in it. That's my hook, I guess. And Zap's writing is damn good.
>>
File: 1149401599684.png (500KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1149401599684.png
500KB, 640x480px
>>722045

Alchemical Blade Quest is running again today!
>>
Hey, Jedi Knight Quest 2 is up and running!
>>729316
>>
I'm just curious, but:

>>730000
>>
File: 1473868277655.jpg (24KB, 314x295px) Image search: [Google]
1473868277655.jpg
24KB, 314x295px
>>729259
And here I was thinking nobody knew who that was. Atleast nobody said who he was and I got to enjoy paranoia posting

>>730062
>Not voting Skub in November
>>
>>730496
they think all flaming skellys lookalike

dey raciss
>>
>>723866
I should read this quest
>>
File: Civ list v1.2.jpg (3MB, 2300x6400px) Image search: [Google]
Civ list v1.2.jpg
3MB, 2300x6400px
I see a lot of civs running with the Civilization redone Official Version 1.3 or 1.2 by Tyr & Witter. Are the creators still active and making edits to their civ list? Are there other creators with different civ lists? I know there is one civ quest running with a different civ list here >>704038 but it isn't clean. I am also aware of the other thread asking about civs here >>701273 but it's pretty dead and I'd rather let sleeping dogs lie.

Pic related, it's v1.2 and the best looking one in my opinion though it is missing the Drow that was added in v1.3
>>
File: civ_chart.png (2MB, 720x2259px) Image search: [Google]
civ_chart.png
2MB, 720x2259px
>>730655
>>
So, I've been playing some odin sphere, and it got me thinking:
How do I get the players to fall for the questing knight, and accept his advances?
>>
Damn, planning sure is tedious. But it will improve the quality of my next OP. I'm just planning out the second story arcs right now on pen and paper.
>>
>>731078
I also wish I could draw well and had fancy-shmancy drawing equipment so I can sketch things out and scan them for use of the images. Or have a photoshop pen tablet for the same thing, but digital.

but knowing me, I would realize that my drawings suck, never use the stuff again and end up throwing away money harder than bill clinton at a strip club.
>>
>>731081
We all know that feel.
>>
>>731069
Make him as potential husbando-tier as you can.
>>
>>731069
By doing it. Write about how the MC ignores him and pretends not to care but at the same time feels strangely warm inside when he makes his stupid remarks, how for a brief moment she could almost... No, bad thoughts!

Ignore any cries about railroading because the players still get to choose between giving in or not, you're only showing that something is felt. Plus it is moe as all hell regardless of what they choose.
>>
>>731069
Making the knight female.
Unfortunately, this seems the only way.
>>
>>728958
I like that.
>>
>>731426
This is perfect.
>>
>>731069
Make him as manly as fucking possible. Then add husbando-tier traits. Include that he's really underpowered and has to push himself to the limit to get things done. Mix all that shit together and make the MC tsun as fuck.

Chivalric as FUCK BABY.
>>
I want to write a battle harem anime esque quest. Maybe not the harem part but I intend it to be some super trashy stuff. Any interest?
>>
Oh boy. First time here in forever and...it's pretty much what I expected.

I realise this is a longshot but has Page (the Iron & Blood guy), Twen/Internal Revenue or Blorp showed up lately?

Failing that, can someone recommend a quest that isn't set in a shounen anime/JRPG?
>>
>>731697
...fuck my luck.

No. No, negative interest. This is exactly the reason why I put off coming here so long. That is the exact opposite of the reason I got into quests before the qst-tg split.

If I thought you'd listen, I'd implore you to do a quest about something actually interesting.
>>
>>731701
Valen
Northern Beasts
Lamplighter
>>
Oh, god. Blorp's leaving 4chan.

fuuuuuuuuuu
>>
>>731705
Thank you. I did see Lamplighter on my way in, and I'm glad to hear my good first impression was validated.

What's Valen and Northern Beasts about?
>>
Magical Girl For Hire and Audit Quest are good, too.
>>
>>731703
You say that like you're being forced to read it senpai
>>
>>731708
Valen is about the heir of the titular family trying to establish her station and having every solved problem spawn several new ones.

Northern Beasts is about a monster hunter hunting monsters for a goddess in a setting that is a mix of Dishonored, Dark Souls and Bloodborne
>>
File: 20110921-friendboty.png (208KB, 750x1013px) Image search: [Google]
20110921-friendboty.png
208KB, 750x1013px
>>731709
>Magical Girl For Hire

That's...gonna be a hard sell. Because of seeing too many DBZ/LN based quests on /tg/, I'm leary of anything with that sort of premise devolving into glorified waifu/yurifagging.

>Audit Quest

That, on the other hand, sounds like the closest I'll ever get to a Tax Quest spiritual sequel. And so far I'm pleasantly surprised by how much good stuff there might be out there.

>>731710
Hey, you did ask. Honest answer, straight from the heart.
>>
>>731713
And-I'm an idiot. Okay, Audit's going to be a harder sell than I thought-but I won't rule it out of the backlog of quests I may be reading to catch up on current events.
>>
>>731713
True. I'll run it on akun
>>
>>731701
Starcaller Quest is pretty good so far. Setting's sort of generic, but the writing is some of the best I've seen.

People seem to like Eurodragon quest, though I personally am not a fan.

There's several more established ones that have been around so long they have to be at least half decent if you're willing to catch up on backlog. Stuff like House and Dominion or Banished Quest. I personally recommend Banished, but I'm only about 20 threads in because I just can't bring myself to catch up on another 180 archived threads right now.

I also have two, neither of which are anime-based. People seem to enjoy them
>>
>>731713
>That's...gonna be a hard sell. Because of seeing too many DBZ/LN based quests on /tg/, I'm leary of anything with that sort of premise devolving into glorified waifu/yurifagging.
We've done well so far. MC is completely disinterested in romance or sex. No idea how Handler managed it, but in 9 /qst/-long threads, there was no waifufagging whatsoever.
>>
>>731723
Different Handler, just for the record. Neither of us noticed until we were both about four threads in, so fuck it.
>>
>>731701
>can someone recommend a quest that isn't set in a shounen anime/JRPG?
The one you're going to run.

Seriously though, just how picky are you here? Because you ARE on 4chan so there's almost always going to be some anime tropes and such in any given quest, Does the mere presence of anime/manga looking pictures turn you off forever, or are you just asking for anything that isn't fanfic? What do you actually LIKE, rather than dislike?
>>
File: 2ndyear.png (21KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
2ndyear.png
21KB, 550x400px
>>731701
Whirlpool Quest, inching closer towards the finish line but IRL seems bent on preventing me from running threads consecutively like I used to.

Just bear with the fact that it's my first ever foray in interactive stuff in general. I get my act together around halfway into the run.
>>
>>731735
I like your determination, WhirlpoolGM! I believe that you can git gud!
>>
>>731736
He does have his own dedicated backpatting discord. Makes it easier
>>
>>731738
I mainly use my discord to alert my players whenever I post since I take so long to update. Aside from plot questions and comments about the latest update, it's ghastly quiet most of the time.
>>
>>731720
Which two are those? Skimreading the qst archive at the moment.

>>731723
>>731725
Noted and noted

>>731727
Hilarious.

Yes, I am. I'd hoped the folks I listed were obvious enough examples. No, I'm allergic to obnoxious stereotypes, boring plots with predictable outcomes, people taking stupid concepts overly seriously and in short the worst stereotypes of that sort, not pictures.

>What do you actually LIKE

Ogre Civ Quest, EVO Quest, Deity Quest, the first Game of Thrones RPG quest, Tax Quest, Conversation Quest, NSA Quest, Nazis In Fantasyland Quest, Dark Lord Quest, Washed Up Villain Quest, that early overlord quest* you don't remember and which appears to have been scoured from /tg/ and /qst/'s archives, Dead King's Quest (10/10 perfect quest, if only it had finished), that one planetary governer quest Secretary General ran ages ago, and the other oneshots Twen ran about a deranged woman and a little boy on a magical-realism journey to cure his sickness.

Zerg Quest was a bit of a guilty pleasure. And for what it's worth I can't remember why I dropped Totemist Quest and Maverick Hunter Quest so they're probably good too?

There is one exception to my intolerance: I liked Ishida Quest because Spiral Energy is open ended enough that "Guy I assume is Bleach's MC gets a core drill" is a fun idea to me, and because the QM focused on the good kind of character interactions a lot. Sadly, it's discontinued.

*No, not Overlad Quest either. Which is my guilty pleasure, and which I also appreciate we will hopefully never see the like of again.

>>731735
>A drawquest based on Waterworks where a futanari in a cat-eared diving suit goes on an adventure in the planet of Cymbio IV.

No offense, but I count two dealbreakers.
>>
>>731742
I run Norseman Saga, of which Thread 3 is currently up, but starting to wind down, and Contractor Quest, which is coming off hiatus on Tuesday. Gonna have to check suptg for that one
>>
Reader question: Do you open and look at the picture first, or do you read the text section first? Does it depend on the length of the update?

> And for what it's worth I can't remember why I dropped Totemist Quest
That's because, despite the hype, it was shit.
>>
>>731742
Ah, sorry, but do note that almost no attention is drawn to that quirk aside from attempted jokes in the early thread. (I was naive, admittedly) Later on (aside from a couple of scenes) it never gets brought up at all.

As for the fanfic aspect, the only connection it has to canon is on the MC's equipment. The rest of the worldbuilding is as original as I can make it. But I suppose it can't be helped.
>>
>>731748
I think he meant the cat ears.
>>
>>731751
Oh, that? That's just part of the helmet. In hindsight I should've mentioned that. Or stuck with a different helmet design from the get-go. Oh well, I'll take that into account on my next project.
>>
>>731756
>>731748
The cat ears, yeah.

For what it's worth, I don't have a fundamental kneejerk reaction to your quest like I did with that other one. I just don't think it's my type based on a quick look at the descriptions and I wish you the best with concluding it.
>>
>>731768
That's understandable.

I'd recommend you a bunch of quests (mostly drawquests) but each one I take an active effort of participating/tracking seems to die or go into hiatus. Jara and the Valley of Secrets was extra fun, especially how a string of bad dice rolls completely changed the status quo and set the tone for the rest of the run.

>>731742
>the first Game of Thrones RPG quest
Was that the one run by Velo?
>>
>>731807
Velo? Nah, it was...not the first one, actually. The one Princely ran, with Lord Karban: Favored of the/tg/ dice.
>>
Are there any cowboy quests that get a bit spergy with the guns?
>>
Heyo. Magical Girl For Hire will be resuming shortly.
>>
>>731985
Hiyo, that's good to hear.
>>
Where do you guys find the time to qm? Are you all just neets?
>>
File: Hello, young children! .jpg (50KB, 638x425px) Image search: [Google]
Hello, young children! .jpg
50KB, 638x425px
Sanguine Quest is up! >>728220
>>
Hey guys. Running a session of Starcaller!

>>732110
>>732110
>>732110
>>
>>732082
I technically have two jobs, actually.

I kinda just do it whenever I have the spare time. Sucks that my schedule is all over the place, but it is what it be.
>>
>>732082
>Where do you guys find the time to qm?
In my weekends. Do you not have those?
>>
>>732130
Are the only things in your life work and quests?
>>
>>732082
I mostly work on the weekends, and only a few hours a day through the week. Plenty of time to get stuff done and still quest.
>>
Anyone here read golden empire? That shit has been running since forever. What is it about?
>>
>>732144
My weekends are also longer than 6 hours, so I usually manage to make it work. And if I can't find that time on a given weekend, my players are fortunately old enough to take care of themselves for an extra week without dying. They're big boys and girls.

I don't know what kind of job you work or where you're at in your life, but 6 hours of me-time in a weekend plus assorted pockets of prep-time over the workweek doesn't seem that unreasonable to me. Most people should be able to pull it off if it's something they want to do, and if it's not something you want to do time will be the least of your issues.
>>
File: 1476825207692.jpg (44KB, 262x366px) Image search: [Google]
1476825207692.jpg
44KB, 262x366px
>>732082
I somehow think writing for 6+ hours after doing Hard labour for 8 or 9 hours Is a good idea

>>731701
Everything I've very written
>>
>>731701
From my stuff:

Cape World Statesmen Sim is super heroes and politics. One of our missions (there's quite a few irons in the fire, appropriate for a politics heavy game) involves mediating a squabble between a kitsune and a catgirl Mississippi river spirit. But that's just one mission. Another mission involves China. Another will involve Spain.

BioArmor is a love letter to trashy weird hyperviolent OVA anime of the 80'sand 90's. Its plot is more Scanners and Slan than anything anime though.

Sibella Quest is fanfiction in name only. It's shamelessly a waifu quest though.

Mechagirl...I'm not even going to try to defend that. Its 300% magical realm. I don't think you'd like it.

>>732241
You seem to be a pretty knowledgeable comic guy. What do you think about Young Animal?
>>
Is the suptg archive working for anyone?
>>
>>732425
Its working for me, yeah.
>>
>>732425
>>732451
depends on your DNS server, not working on google's dns (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4), but working on Level3's (4.2.2.1, 4.2.2.2), didn't check any others
>>
>>732425
If it's not, then look up the site's IP address, then add it to your host file. Just google how to edit your host file if you are not sure how (and remember to make a backup of it first, just in case)
If anyone asks, no, just putting that into your address bar will not work. Webpage requests are more than that.
>>
>>732425
It wasn't
but then I went to /pol/ and they had a solution
just switch your DNS server address to 208.67.222.222

and it should work
>>
>>732505
>>732811
I'm on mobile, it was just working yesterday. Also Qm twitters don't seem to work for me.
>>
File: ss+(2016-10-21+at+04.25.46).png (12KB, 628x193px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-10-21+at+04.25.46).png
12KB, 628x193px
Do other QM's have any better ways of organizing, that they wouldn't mind sharing with me?
>>
>>732082
I work a corporate job son, I just run once a week when I'm home alone and do idle shit while my players vote, like dishes, ect. It's really not hard.
>>
>>732082
yep
not a very social person anyways
>>
>>732897
Oh, sorry to hear it. I don't know of any good workarounds for mobile (unless your device is rooted). Maybe if you're connecting to a router that you can change the DNS server settings for, you could set it to use OpenDNS like >>732865 recommended. Alternatively, if your device is rooted, you can find the host file in etc/hosts.

And yeah, twitter is affected as well. For those who can edit their host files, you can find relevant IP address here: >>>/g/57176817
>>
>>732900
>Organization
>Not literally throwing down the tracks as the train is moving
How droll
>>
>>732971
I was prior, but my response times varied from 15 minutes to 1 hour long. And I feel as if to keep proper momentum within the story (I tend to get over descriptive with the writing) organization would be the best course of action.
>>
File: F-14_Tomcat_VF-21.jpg (1MB, 2996x1984px) Image search: [Google]
F-14_Tomcat_VF-21.jpg
1MB, 2996x1984px
Pilot Quest will be running in an hour's time. Stop on by for pilot related action.
>>
>>732992
Fair enough. I'd probably work out a rough framework of the NPCs and major events of the thread so you have a reference and improv the rest. If you get too structured players will throw you off guard when they inevitably chose not to do what you plan.

Other then that organize from scene to scene, thread to thread, ect. Whatever is easiest for you to navigate.
>>
>>731706
nothing to worry about.
considering blorp's normal pace, we could play hdfq by snail mail.
>>
Alright, looks like it's working again for the moment.
>>
>>733021
Blorp? Doesn't ring a bell..
>>
I'm having trouble framing a story for a quest.

Tl;dr A parent is telling their kid a story, but I want to start off with a flashback before doing a flash forward to 'the present day' of where the story actually begins.

I was thinking of having the kid point out the lack of cohesion in the parent's storytelling. Any suggestions?
>>
Running fresh soul reaper quest now!

>>733253
>>
File: 1475077160474.jpg (159KB, 546x956px) Image search: [Google]
1475077160474.jpg
159KB, 546x956px
>>732357
YA is backlogged for me so I wouldn't have an opinion yet. I have to make my way through the latest Rebirth releases, finish my Immortal Iron Fist read and then I'm starting on YA
>>
>>733200
You could do something like this:

Protagonist was reflecting on his childhood, reminiscing about his days being so blissful and naive to the world. His favorite memories are that of which when his parents read him bed-time stories, They were never from a book, but told first hand from his parents. Protagonist never really remembered what the stories were about, nor did he care at the time, he took most joy in pointing out the faults in his parent's story.

"yadda yadda yadda," Read protagonists parent as she/he gestured with his/her hands. "contradictory blah blah blah blah." Protagonist interrupted, asking: "But parent, isn't that impossible? If X just occurred then Y should have not happened, right?"

"Uh well, you see..." The parent paused awkwardly, attempting to connect the story on the spot.

then just rinse and repeat, make the interruptions more frequent to the point where the parent gets annoyed and eventually is just like "K. were done, g'night kiddo." then bring it to the present. Protagonist chuckled has he looked back on his fond memories.
>>
File: F-14 (3).jpg (31KB, 720x437px) Image search: [Google]
F-14 (3).jpg
31KB, 720x437px
Pilot Quest is now live!

>>733363
>>733363
>>733363
>>
Tankies Quest is now live, come check it out if you like steel hulls and iron hearts! >>733452
>>
who wants to play another Pokemon Quest? Anybody? (not sarcasm)
>>
>>733562
What type?
>>
>>733562
Make the MC a member of a Team Rocket esque evil organization and you have my attention
>>
>>733598

A lighthearted normal one (With Pokémon League and shit) in a shitty homebrew region with some little twists in the story. I'm seeking something more player driven. Also, it's a drawquest.
>>
>>733627
You going to translate the game mechanics or have fights be story-based?
>>
>>733721
>>733721
>>733721

Beleaguered Prince Quest is now live.
>>
>>733675

Story based without ignoring how the games work.
>>
>>732900
There was a /tg/ thread on this a few months back and they suggested a desktop wiki there.

Zim-wiki has a simple desktop wiki that you can use to keep track of characters and the world you build and if you have multiple quests you can keep track of it in one place. And you don't have to get an entire web page for a wiki like with a normal wiki.

Link: http://www.zim-wiki.org/

There are other desktop wikis out there but zim is a simpler one.

If you want you can just use google docs and sheets for organizing your quests.

I use Docs, Pastebin, & Dropbox for separate things. Dropbox is mainly where I store images for quests so they are not just walls of text. I haven't gotten the need to download and understand zim just quite yet as most of my stuff is >>732971 how Brine put it.
>>
>>731426
That -is- pretty fucking moe now that you spell it out
>>
So how would you fix civ quests?
Because most of them just die or never even come close to get a player player base
>>
>>734019
>So how would you fix civ quests?

Fix how you run the thread. Anon >>730648 explained it pretty well here.
>>
I'm running a little session of Starcaller right now while I've got time.

>>734251
>>734251
>>734251
>>
>>722045

Last day of the week Alchemical Blade Quest is running again today!
>>
>>731697
I'd be interested.
>>
Victory and company are back! >>734713
>>
Alright how about a Warcraft quest?

Yes?

No?
>>
>>734834
No.
>>
>>734019 see >>731025
>>
>>734834
Wait until someone else runs a Warcraft quest and then steal it from them
>>
>>735065
>Velo still mad
>>
File: 1385184558839.gif (366KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1385184558839.gif
366KB, 400x400px
>>735065
Savage.
>>
File: 1397625699413.gif (982KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1397625699413.gif
982KB, 320x287px
>follow alright quest
>civ VI releases
>play it via japan VPN
>stop playing about 27 hours later
>check on thread
>qm never updated
>never even gave time for it
>just gone
>>
>>735239

I just stole another quest.

Jump on in and participate!
>>
>>733562
>>733627
Maybe. I'm a casual fan of Pokemon at best (so my grasp of the tactics is weak), and in general I don't care for long battle sequences in quests. So while the Pokemon setting appeals to me, that arguably meat and potatoes part of the Pokemon experience generally doesn't.

On the flip side, I love me some lighthearted quests in a fun setting, and the Pokemon world is ripe for it.

>>734834
Probably not, though I could be tempted to read / play it if it seems like it'd be a one-shot or very short series. Even then, I wouldn't have high hopes. The potentially interesting bits of Warcraft lore that could be used in a quest are overwhelmingly outnumbered by the bits that I have a visceral distaste for.
>>
Whatever happened to cultural evolution quests or evo quests? I remember that being a thing before I left but now I only see civ quests.

Even though this >>732111 is pretty similar to a cultural evo quest, it's called a civ quest? what changed?
>>
File: 1463337646093.png (62KB, 938x448px) Image search: [Google]
1463337646093.png
62KB, 938x448px
>>735384
Forgot image.

This is one from the magic list of a cult evo
>>
File: Grubart1.jpg (1MB, 914x1334px) Image search: [Google]
Grubart1.jpg
1MB, 914x1334px
>>735384
Civ quest is different from a regular quest in that players can make their own factions and take control of them, leading to shenanigans. Cultural evo quests went the way of the dinosaur due to sameyness, and evoquests usually die out due to lack of participation.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, Grub, the ded QM, was planning on running a civ similar to this, but with competing civilizations.

I hope he doesn't mind, but here was some of the art he drew for it.
>>
On the subject of civ quests
is Hive Queen Quest a civ quest?
>>
>>735416
That sucks, cult evos were pretty dope. And I remember seeing some of those characters in the art posted.

Are skirmish quests still a thing? I remember there was a QM who had I think it was '80s Souls' which was a faux-Miami setting in the 80s. There were multiple players with multiple characters and took turns to attack and what not. It was a pretty dope setting even more so since the QM made some sick pixel art that was the main part of the quest.
>>
>>735462
I think certain skirmish quests still exist, yes.
>>
>>735433
It's a quest with a large focus on management. You can tell because it isn't called Alien Hivemind Civ.
>>
>>735462
Mostly they run on /tg because they were sort of a grey area. Stuff like Floors, Mecha Mercs, Vanguard, Gridlock, SpaceShips.

Looks like they just got kicked off the /tg as well though. So I guess they'll be here now. Floors is one. Not sure about the others.
>>
has a quest ever raped a main or supporting character?

will it ever happen?
>>
>>735246
Yeah, I also had problems making moves work in my Pokemon Quest. In the end they ended up like superpowers, which I then tried to implement into Banished's dice system.

It's not perfect, but it's worked decently so far.
>>
>>736285
>main
Fuck Quest
>supporting
Crusader Quest
>>
>>736285
Happens all the time in smut-quests as well. Those with the 'the loser gets raped' setup, I mean.
>>
>>736285
>>736293
Only in background so far.
>>
File: Rei_Maid05.png (248KB, 600x510px) Image search: [Google]
Rei_Maid05.png
248KB, 600x510px
Dark Gate Academy: Shadowy Figures edition is now up!
>>736331
>>736331
>>736331
>>
File: 1471520187360.png (409KB, 487x594px) Image search: [Google]
1471520187360.png
409KB, 487x594px
>>736290
>Fuck Quest
IT'S NEVER COMING BACK
>>
>>736343
Good?
>>
>>722438
what kind of narrative do you have planned? Will you have it start off fresh on a newly colonized world, or a planet with some established history?
>>
Early run today: >>735546
>>735546
>>
File: 1476646396216.jpg (158KB, 896x710px) Image search: [Google]
1476646396216.jpg
158KB, 896x710px
In general what's the key to designing space races, civilization, and cultures? There's gotta be more to it than take this human thing and just flip it on it's head

Thinking about actually making that Sci fi miner war quest thing
>>
>>732113
>Sanguine
Uh, thanks for the promotion I guess.

Anyway, the next session is now so if you're interested, come on over!
>>728220
>>
For analysis friend from NAQ: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=AT-TE%20Commander%20Quest

Some notes: the dice system wasn't fully established until later, so ignore it until its gets into full swing. You'll understand when you see it, trust me.

It is in Star Wars, so if that turns you off, apologizes.
>>
File: bing-klingon-translatorjpg.jpg (44KB, 640x350px) Image search: [Google]
bing-klingon-translatorjpg.jpg
44KB, 640x350px
>>736531
Take one trait and exaggerate it to make it the alien race's specific thing

Or have one idea and fluff it out from there, that works too

That is if you're designing alien humanoids with understandable mentalities. If you want truly alien aliens, then you're gonna need to do some hard worldbuilding
>>
>>736578
Ask for Observer, or just start talking about AT-TE in one of these threads, and I'll make my way over.
>>
Hey Observer. So you were fascinated by the idea of a simplified way of writing, yeah?

I'm finding it hard to endorse the idea, because way I see it, stories are meant to mimic, mirror, channel the way people think, and people don't think simply. Logically, illogically, associatively, or emotionally, people just plaim don't think in straght lines, even babies, even dreamers. Sure, you cam arbitrarily simplify thoughts, people and actions, but that's how you end up with anime. Bazinga.

As for your fights, remember what I was saying about the dance of details? You nailed it. The way the fights were tactically complex, the way that up tp 10 different things were being decided at a time with extra dimensions of good with a bad twist, vad with a good twist? The fights felt REAL , and barely under our control, and complex, and a dozen things could shift one way or another. This is why your players were so viscerally thrilled and terrified. It helped that you never gave a clue what was going to happen, only that it would be bad.

You kept gleefully throwing us into shit situation after shit situation and that's a good thing. You avoided the fatalism trap by some sorcery, (this is a good question, how did you do it?) it helped that most of us survived, that we tended to be the last people standing, and that you weren't stingy handing out the awesome moments.

So yeah, on the whole, you did very very very well on the strategic and tactical side of the battlefield, and it really helped that you knew your shit. On the bits of battle smaller than that, where it was one vs one, you were not as good, the dance of detail was sparse. Martial artists require more detailed fight scenes than duelling starships, I think.

Onto your characters. Well. You are always very proud about the depths of their characterization and backstory... Why didn't the readers get any of that? Yes, you said and you were right about soldiers not opening up like blossoming flowers, but it's your job as a writer to manufacture a situation in which they do!
>>
>>736285
And take it seriously? Eh. Tends to be Smut Quests, and they become less fun for most players if it gets played straight and realistically. In a serious quest, it would break the base audience because questers are children who can't stand bad things happening to someone they empathize with. Half would rage quit.
>>
>>736690
>questers are children who can't stand bad things happening to someone they empathize with
>what is Valen Quest
>>
>>736690
It's also kind of... lazy? I don't know, I feel like it's just going straight for the highest shock value. The Malroy GoT Quest did setbacks well, and I the PC's sister was raped, so that might be something that fits your criteria.
>>
>>736647
>>736670

I answered, I went out to get pizza and wrote on my phone on the way.
>>
>>736716
Did half rage quit?
>>
>>736670
>stories are meant to mimic, mirror, channel the way people think, and people don't think simply. Logically, illogically, associatively, or emotionally, people just plaim don't think in straght lines, even babies, even dreamers. Sure, you cam arbitrarily simplify thoughts, people and actions, but that's how you end up with anime
But nearly all of fiction simplifies thoughts and actions. It's why we have the phrase "truth is stranger than fiction because fiction makes sense"
>>
>>736670
I'm curious if it's possible for you to elaborate on the topic of fatalism? I believe I understand what you mean, I just want to confirm.

On the topic of characters and characterization, there were plenty of moments provided to the players to pursue character and interact, but they always chose otherwise. Particularly Crusader and the lightsaber situation: they ALWAYS let him go his own way, never brought it up, actively choosing to not do anything about it. Perhaps your right in saying I could've facilitated/contrived an interaction, such as what I did with Carla to an extent, but the character still has to choose to do so. I do not believe in rails in a quest, only logical(ish) reactions to events put forward by others.

On one on one combat, I think it's worth saying that Jinx himself has never been in that sort of fight in the quest so far. When Crusader was swordfighting the Jedi, Jinx could only get glimpses of it through external camera through the confusion of mass battle. I agree that more impact could be inserted, but at the same time some things happen so fast it's hard to comprehend. Again, I could definitely improve by being more careful with the details, you're right.

The surrealist sense for some of the scenes was intentional, as was the visceral tension and uncertainty. Are there any scenes or parts in particular you would likento give as examples? You have my whole attention, please, analyse away. I want to learn.
>>
>>736773
No. We persevere masochistically.
>>
>>736807
Good work, people.

>>736799
Don't have a good answer, but when things get simplified too much in fiction, it just doesn't seem real enough.

>>736802
>I'm curious if it's possible for you to elaborate on the topic of fatalism? I believe I understand what you mean, I just want to confirm.
I tend to hear a lot of whining from questers that haven't had an easy win in a while. I've also seen questers lose hope and motivation to post, participate, think up plans when they don't think it will change anything. You hear stuff like 'we're fucked anyway, why not just go with the joke option?'
>>
>>736690
That's one of the reasons I never write rape in my quests at all. If I can make people cry, cause them to me nauseated, and sicken them with just the things I DO write, I'd hate to see what happened to them if I write a rape scene.
>>
File: Runes.png (3MB, 1200x772px) Image search: [Google]
Runes.png
3MB, 1200x772px
After some time off, I'm back to running Samsara Quest! Thread 7 has begun!

It can be found here:

>>736919
>>736919
>>
>>736884
Right. So, think about how tenuous every situation has been, and how it always feels like the characters are toeing the line of death whenever combat is happening. To even consider a joke option, to even think to give up when there are lives relying on your (and yes, I do mean You, the reader) decisions, wouldn't that just be absurd? I reward good tactics, I reward compassion for your subordinates, and I give consequences their fair due. I expecially like the sentiment that the players have tk act to keep Jinx from losing his mind and getting his crew killed - not only is AT-TE a game against the Separatists, the dice, and in a small way myself, you also have to pay attention to the very character you're playing as.

Honestly? I don't know how exactly the players haven't given up, but their tenacity and how it is transferred to the story is a core reason why people seem to enjoy it so much.

Does that make sense, I hope? How's it to you?
>>
>>736946
You fuckers are trying to kill me, aren't you.

Alright, I'll bring as many other people down with me.

Sanguine Quest is live, Brave Sir Robin-type Vampire vs the modern world. (Modern being very relative.) >>728220

King of New Avalon is live, a Changling: the Lost ogre is attempting to inherit Excalibur. >>710213

Magical Girl for Hire is live, featuring a cage match between the MC and five other magical girls who believe she's an alien. >>736940
>>
>>736973
Makes sense. Keep 'em afeard of death with a it of hope.
>>
>>736974
What exactly are you trying to do?
>>
>>737011
Kill everyone else with Live Quest Overload. It's only fair.
>>
>>731890
Spergy as in super /k/ommando "you gotta clean your gun and know how to field-strip it, or spergy as in "this revolver has three barrels, a 9 round cylinder, and a bayonet!"

In either case, I don't think one exists. The closest thing to a "realistic" gunslinging Quest was that isekai one; Gun Gale Online. Dunno if it's still running though.
>>
File: 1474156380447.png (114KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1474156380447.png
114KB, 256x256px
>>737093
>Not knowing how to clean and field-strip every gun you've ever laid eyes upon

What in tarnation do you think you're doin', partner?
>>
>>734834
Just make a Quest with a generic fantasy setting and bam, Warcraft Quest.
>>
>>737113
Sorry pa, I'll get back to tendin' them cows.
>>
>>737093
I'm thinking more super attentive detail to each model of gun, attention paid to where the cylinder goes, what the recoil is like, if they're long or short, cartridge or cap and ball and all that other stuff.

Where some guns reload easily and others are nightmarishly hard so you have to run and hide to do it. Where accuracy is more about shot spread than character stats. Where your loads and caliber affect how easily you put someone down.
>>
>>736285
Melancholic Quests main character has been
>>
>>737153
My experience with gun-spergy games is that once people realize how different their images of a specific gun or cartridge are, it stops being fun and devolves into holywarring.
>>
>>737153
In a game, this is fine but describing that sort of thing gets a bit tedious after a while. It tend to break the rhythm.
>>
>>737212
If you don't kill characters that often then you shouldn't be introducing tons of guns all the time.

Classic Westerns featured lots of talking and a little shooting.
>>
>>737221
Well obviously but you have to keep in mind that you INTRODUCE a character, you DESCRIBE a gun.

I don't want to under-sell guns as just piles of metal and wood, but there are more ways to describe a character than there are to describe a gun.

Plus everytime you introduce a gun, you put a stop to everything just to concentrate on that gun. It's kind of the same with characters but you don't switch characters like you might switch guns.
>>
File: 1409349082796.gif (953KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1409349082796.gif
953KB, 500x281px
LGA2 is up.

>>737279
>>
>>734834
Lord of the Rings quest - as an Orc! Kill the Evil Elves!
>>
File: 1476736213413.jpg (355KB, 930x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1476736213413.jpg
355KB, 930x1300px
Edgelords of The Outer Rim up.

>>737428
>>737428
>>737428
>>
>>736531
What about: whatever the player does, is offensive to them? I call it "Living Design".
>>
Hey kids how's it going?
>>
File: GoR Chapter Symbol.jpg (655KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
GoR Chapter Symbol.jpg
655KB, 1200x1200px
Chapter Master Quest is back.
>>737515
>>737515
>>737515
>>
>>737250
You could get around this by using secondary, non story posts that you pretype and post during the voting phase to explain the guns in a historical context. I've been using these 'Info Posts' in Tankies Quest for a similar purpose, giving background info on an operation, tanks or parts of the setting, and it seems to have worked quite well.
>>
File: QTG Kitty.jpg (110KB, 590x735px) Image search: [Google]
QTG Kitty.jpg
110KB, 590x735px
New thread

>>737807
>>737807
>>737807
Thread posts: 792
Thread images: 174

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.