[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crusade Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 22

>Popular vote will win for choices
>Combat will be based off a d10 while skill checks will be based off a d100
>Character sheet will be linked once all info needed is complete.
==Quest Begin==
You wake up to the sound of steel striking steel and the roaring of fire. You scramble to your feet and step out of your tent and into the chaos that has consumed your camp. The swirling orange embers against the backdrop of a light oink sunrise would almost be beautiful if it hadn't been your burning banners and tents causing the aesthetic. You look around desperately searching for any of your men, at least any who remain alive. Your eyes rest upon a corpse that you recognize do to the bright blonde hair now matted with blood. You rush to your fallen comrade he is your second in command, Derrick. You close his eyes solemnly and offer a small prayer before a sharp whistling breaks your concentration and a pain in your arm as an arrow knicks your bicep and draws blood.
Tribals. You had been warned this area had violent tribals known to ambush camps, but you had ordered Leif and Lionel to guard duty. Looking to the small makeshift watch tower you had created you see Leif with a throwing knife planted uo to the hilt square between his eyes. You quickly duck behind a small rock and you hear another arrow shatter against it alongside yelling in a language you dont understand. You decide it's better to die on your feet and dash out from behind the rock as quickly as you can you hear more arrows thud into the ground and crates around you. You continue your mad dash for anywhere even remotely safe thats when you see your men that have held out inside the armory tent, you turn and run straight for them before you hear Rodrick yelling
"COMMANDER, DOWN!"
This is no time to argue so you leap forward and tuck into a roll and you hear the crack of Rodrick's crossbow and the thud of a body. Not wanting to confirm his kill you trust Rodrick's aim and blow past your men into the tent you must arm yourself.
What do you take?
>I take the Broadsword
>I take the shortsword and shield
>I take the Crossbow and Dagger
>I take the Morningstar
>I take the Bagh Naka
>>
>>693363
>>I take the Morningstar
>>
>>693363
>I take the Broadsword
>>
>>693365
Shortsword and shield. arrows are a bitch
>>
File: Lord_Pain_Sheld.png (201KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
Lord_Pain_Sheld.png
201KB, 500x380px
>>693363
Take the morningstar.
>>
>I take the Broadsword
>>
>>693363
Sword and board.
>>
Morningstar and Broadsword tied.
Next vote for either will win it.
>>
Morningstar
>>
File: Time For Crusading.jpg (64KB, 525x438px) Image search: [Google]
Time For Crusading.jpg
64KB, 525x438px
>>
File: morningstar.jpg (30KB, 300x354px) Image search: [Google]
morningstar.jpg
30KB, 300x354px
You reach into an old chest of heavy weaponry and remove your old favorite, the Morningstar. A perfect blend of crushing force and precision puncturing, not many men in the order still wield Morningstars. The younger members are all about fancy crossbows and jeweled long swords, a good piece of steel and a sturdy handle is all you need. You heave the weapon onto your shoulder and begin to weave it through the air getting a feel for the weight, momentum will be your friend. Now it's time to protect yourself, you turn to the armor stands showing the newly refurbished armor.
>I wear the heavy plate (+2 DMG resistance. -2 to all agility and dexterity rolls)
>I wear the Iron Breastplate and grieves (+1 DMG resistance. -1 to agility and dexterity rolls)
>I wear the Chainmail (-1 DMG resistance. +1 to agility and dexterity)
>Only a leather chestplate (-2 DMG resistance. +2 to agility and dex rolls)
>>
>>693405
Heavy plate what is crusade without 6 inches of solid steel to deflect dirty bodkin arrows.
>>
This

We tank now boys
Hopefully we don't pursue, since traps and all that
>>
>>693405
>I wear the heavy plate (+2 DMG resistance. -2 to all agility and dexterity rolls)
>>
>>693405
>Heavy Plate
The filthy Saracens shall not penetrate
>>
>>693405
>>I wear the heavy plate (+2 DMG resistance. -2 to all agility and dexterity rolls)
>>
File: 945_1-80_LRG_so.jpg (21KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
945_1-80_LRG_so.jpg
21KB, 500x500px
Removing the armor from the stand you have two of your men help you into it. Buckling your steel gauntlets in place and placing the helm upon your head you feel invincible, a walking fortress. You stand amoung the remnants of your unit looking at you and your shined metallurgical glory. You raise your massive Morningstar tearing a hole in the roof and leave your weapon pointing to the heavens, arrows thud the thick canvas of the tent shining light into the dim enclosure. Your men are looking to you for inspiration for the defense of the camp.
Morale is Low.
>Inspirational Speech (free write)
>>
>>693443
erm
growl in deep inhuman beast voice until they reply the same
>>
>>693443
Wallace: Sons of Scotland, I am William Wallace.

Young soldier: William Wallace is 7 feet tall.

Wallace: Yes, I've heard. Kills men by the hundreds, and if he were here he'd consume the English with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arse. I AM William Wallace. And I see a whole army of my countrymen here in defiance of tyranny. You have come to fight as free men, and free men you are. What would you do without freedom? Will you fight?

Veteran soldier: Fight? Against that? No, we will run; and we will live.

Wallace: Aye, fight and you may die. Run and you'll live -- at least a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!!!
>>
>>693454
Wait Rewrite

Wallace: Sons of God, I am William Wallace.

Young soldier: William Wallace is 7 feet tall.

Wallace: Yes, I've heard. Kills men by the hundreds, and if he were here he'd consume the Sacreans with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arse. I AM William Wallace. And I see a whole army of holymen here in defiance of herritics. You have come to fight as gods men, and gods men you are. What would you do without faith? Will you fight?

Veteran soldier: Fight? Against that? No, we will run; and we will live.

Wallace: Aye, fight and you may die. Run and you'll live -- at least a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our faith!!!
>>
>>693443
"God has sent these heathens to us, so that He may test our strength and our faith, and that we might smite their blight from His world! Let not a single one of these godless bastards live to see the morrow! May the Almighty Father bless us all, let the victorious gain strength to continue His will, and the dead find peace in His embrace! Lord be with us all!
DEUS VULT!"
>>
>>693443
Deus Vult!
>>
>>693462
God's Bank
>>
>>693470
Auto correct is a bitch.
>>
>>693443

Hear me, Sons of God

We have come to this foreign land to fulfill the will of our Father, not to fall to these faithless heathens! I call upon you to stand strong, to fight beside me, and push back the wretched bastard who kill our brothers! We fight, for the fallen, for God! Deus Vult!
>>
File: barbarian.jpg (22KB, 350x420px) Image search: [Google]
barbarian.jpg
22KB, 350x420px
You look at your men and lift the visor to your helmet making eye contact with each and every one of them.
"God has sent these heathens to us, so that He may test our strength and our faith, and that we might smite their blight from His world! Let not a single one of these godless bastards live to see the morrow! May the Almighty Father bless us all, let the victorious gain strength to continue His will, and the dead find peace in His embrace! Lord be with us all!
DEUS VULT!" Your men begin nodding and picking up their arms.
"DEUS VULT" They cry in return.
You charge out of the tent and see immediately three savages and begin sprinting towards them. You hear clinks as their stone arrows bounce off your plate armor harmlessly, you can see the fear in their eyes as you bear down upon them and bowl 2 of the three over. You turn to the last remaining savage of the group to see him fall with crossbow bolts in his head. You look to your men and they nod once before heading off to combat the savages. You make your way to the center of camp, the savages puny weapons being no match for your thick plated armor. You stand in the center of camp crushing and maiming any savage that dare come near you until you hear a deep horn blow. You look towards the noise and see a massive man covered in tattoos and scars. He is holding the limp body of Rodrick, his neck obviously broken, by the leg dragging behind him. He pulls the body in front of him and pushes it towards you, Rodrick's head rolls limply about his eyes still wide, the beast of a man raises a crude iron bastard sword "Et Garde, bute lef nesson." You do not understand this savage's language but by his retreating men and his bold step forward it appears he wants to take you one on one. Your men come behind you and you hear stifled yells off rage at the site of Rodrick.
You are being challenged by the leader of the savages.
Morale has decreased
Morale is moderate
>Order your mem to open fire on the Giant Savage
>Order your mem to stand down and face the Giant
>Order your men to launch an ambush on your signal
>Retreat, the camp is lost
>>
>>693511
SINGLE COMBAT
>>
>>693511
>>Order your mem to open fire on the Giant Savage
"No such thing as an unfair fight. Always cheat. Always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose."
>>
>>693511
These are savages without honor. Surely they will attack in full force as soon they see an opportunity prepare an ambush. Heathens deserve no mercy
>>
We are men of God, on a mission to purge the land of heathen filth. There is no reason to accept a 1v1 duel, unless you argue that we take it as a mission from God to show that the strength of one His followers is greater than anything these savages can muster.
>>
One vote 1v1 one vote ambush one vote straight attack.
Next vote decides it.
>>
>>693557
ambush
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 276x183px
You pull your now second in command Leopold to the side and whisper.
"I will fight this savage but when I give the signal, a raised fist, I want you to fire on the giant and the savages."
Leopold nods and steps back speaking to the men, they begin loading crossbows.
"Fine heathen, I accept your contest."
The monster of a man nods in approval and raises his weapon. You follow suit.
"For the glory of God!" You shout as the giant begins to charge.
>Dodge the beast and hit him from behind (AGL check)
>Stand your ground
>Raise your fist (ambush)
>Other (I'll specify what roll to make)
>>
>>693577
>>Stand your ground
>>
>>693577
raise our fist we didn't pull Leopold to the side and whisper for nothing
>>
>>693577
>Stand your ground
>>
>>693577
>Stand your ground
>>
>>693577
>>Stand your ground
>>
You stand your ground, no barbarian is going to frighten a warrior of God.
As he bears down upon you, you pull back your Morningstar and bring it slamming into his midsection. You htear some crunching and feel the puncture before his momentum takes you off your feet and crashing into the ground. You scramble to your feet while the giant tenderly touches his now deep purple ribcage, he doesn't appear to be affected by the pain much, in fact it only seems to have made him angrier.
>Rush the Barbarian
>Play defensively
>Raise your fist (ambush)
>Other
>>
>>693605
Other
Aim for the gonads
>>
>>693605
>Rush the Barbarian
Cave his head in.
>>
>>693607
>>693614
Go ahead and roll a d100
I'll take the best out of the rolls
>>
File: Capture.png (48KB, 309x213px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
48KB, 309x213px
>>693607
he doesn't appear to be affected by the pain much

We shall see

Captcha
>>
Rolled 95 (1d100)

>>693622
>>
>>693622
>>693625
i love myself sometimes
>>
Now it is your turn to charge.
Taking off slowly at first but gaining speed you head for the barbarian and begin to lift your morningstar back (think golf) The barbarian tries to crush you with his sword but you manage to take the hit only denting your armor slightly. Stopping abruptly you use the momentum from your run to swing the morningstar with excessive force into the Giants gonads. There's a wet popping like fresh grapes beneath a boot and the steady drip of blood and other liquids as the giants eyes roll into the back of his head and he crumbles to the ground like a marionette with cut strings.
The savages under his command look in pure terror upon your solid bloodstained frame and their defeated leader. They begin to drop their weapons and run.
>Let them go, they will spread the tale
>Raise your fist and execute the survivors.
>Attempt to chase them down and take prisoners
>Other (specify)
>>
>>693642
Let them go and spread the tale so that they may come to be god fearing men.
>>
>>693642
>>Raise your fist and execute the survivors.
Lay waste to all the heathen filth.
>>
>>693643
of course only one has to be alive to spread the tale. RELEASE THE BOLTS
>>
>>693650
>>693649
>>693642
Execute all the survivors but one
>>
>>693642
>>Raise your fist and execute the survivors.
>>
>>693642
>Raise your fist and execute the survivors.
>>
"LEOPOLD." You yell over the panicked scurrying of the savages.
"Yes commander?" He answers with a curt salute.
"Leave only one to spread the tale of our victory." You say raising a fost to the air, your men recognize the signal and begin firing into the backs of the savages felling all but one, one who wears your commander's cloak, pure white with gold trace and a scarlett cross, you remove it from him and fasten it to your armor before grabbing the savage by his throat and saying this.
"We are The Order of The Cleansing Light. Let all godless heathens know we have come to bring God and law to this wasteland. Do you understand?" You hiss into his face
The savage nods rapidly "Che." He says
Satisfied you drop him into the dirt and he runs off into the distance screaming a foreign dialect.
You walk back into camp, the sun has fully risen now and you can see the destruction in its full glory. Out of the 50 crusaders you had brought with you only 19 survive not including you.
Most of your tents are burned out husks. Dead bodies litter the camp. Your food and water have been looted substantially.
Morale is mediocre.
Above your camp the pure white triangular flag with a cross in it's center flaps lazily in the pitiful breeze.
>Organize a search for any wounded but surviving members.
>Take stock of everything you have remaining.
>Consult Leopold
>Consult the map on where to go next.
>Other
>>
Rolled 67 (1d100)

>>693682
Realize you are a Saracen infiltrator and slay your true enemies
>>
>>693682
>>Organize a search for any wounded but surviving members.
>>
>>693682
Search for wounded but living. 20 of god's men may be strong against filthy degenerates. But 20 of gods men are still men. More will be needed
>>
>>693682
Organize search for wounded party members
>>
"LEOPOLD AND MARTIN." You yell making your voice clear to he not upset.
"Yes sir?" You hear from Leopold and Martin simultaneously.
"We are going to have to organize a search for any survivors of this raid, there may be 20 of us. And that may be enough, but 20 of God's men are still just that. Men. So let's begin looking for any of our brothers who survived the attack."

>Roll a d10 for amount of survivors I'll take the average of the first 2 rolls.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>693697
>>
>>693697
dice+1d10
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>693697
>dice+1d10
>>
You comb the camp and find mostly dead bodies, but you do find 7 men who are lightly injured and can still fight. 3 however are too injured to be of any use.
"Commander, we must get these men to a doctor. I suggest we march to Delhari and hand them to The Order for treatment." Recommends your camp medic, Phineas
"Sir, forgive me but that idea is foolish and borderline blasphemous. Abandon our current mission to hospitalize 3 men, spend all that time back tracking when we've come so far? It's madness. We should continue the march to Al Kubaki."
What do you do?
>We must return these men to the order and ensure they get proper medical treatment (Morale will become: V. Low)
>The objective comes before any one man, we continue our march to Al Kubaki (Lose the injured and influence with your men.)
>We will send the injured back with a small party of men to defend them and finish scouting this area and establishing a foothold until they return (-5 men)
>>
>>693718
>We will send the injured back with a small party of men to defend them and finish scouting this area and establishing a foothold until they return (-5 men)

it will give time for the story of our triumph to grip the hearts of the natives with fear.
>>
>>693718
>>
>>693718
Also, while doing option number 3 we assess what types of men we have and what our skills are
>>
"We will not be going back." You declare. The look of relief on your men's faces is noticeable immediately, it had been a long journey here onky to turn back now and redo would be destroying to their morale. Leopold smiles and claps your shoulder
"Brilliant, lets continue the mar-" you cut Leopold off.
"You assume to much, my friend. We will be stsying in the area, scouting and establishing a foothold in the area."
The same day at noon you send 5 capable men and the injured back to the Order's closest city. A weeks ride away, then a weeks ride back.
You see the men off and return to the newly pitched Command tent.
Morale is Mediocre.
You have 22 Able bodied Soldiers.
>Gather supplies/recruit/occupy nearby villages or small towns (1 small village you know of)
>Send a scouting party out (Gain Intel such as locations of villages, water sources, possible threats.)
>Begin training the men (stronger soldiers, more disciplined)
>Drink with the men (raise morale, heightens chance of ambush)
>>
>>693828
>we're gonna need a montage

option 3
>>
>>693828
>Send a scouting party out (Gain Intel such as locations of villages, water sources, possible threats.)

>(1 small village you know of)
Is this a heathen village or friendly?
>>
>>693828
As a group we move to occupy the nearby town and use it as a base of operations
>>
>>693828
>Begin training the men
>>
"FORMATIONS" screams Leopold. As your second in command he takes the duties of training upon himself.
"Commander." he yells to you
"What would you like the men to practice?"
>Offense (lower rills required to occupy villages/towns)
>Defense (lower rolls to successfully defend camps/towns)
>Small Unit Combat (Lowers rolls to successfully fight smaller bands of enemies)
>Guerilla Tactics (lowers rolls required to take on large forces)

Some traits you select for your forces or yourself will allow you to make special choices that otherwise would be unavailable.
>>
>>694008
>>Defense
>>
>>694008
>>Defense (lower rolls to successfully defend camps/towns)
>>
>>694008
>Defense (lower rolls to successfully defend camps/towns)
>>
"We are not going to get caught off guard again Leopold. See to it these men are better prepared to welcome hostile guests." You shout across the makeshift ring Leopold had built.
"You heard the commander, next heathen scum to step into this camp isn't getting farther than the latrines out front, SHIELDS UP." You hear Leopold yelling even ass you walk away and re-enter the command tent.
With all your men training there isn't much you could do unless you wanted to make contact with the village alone, see if they are friendly or even civilized. You decide it couldn't hurt to at least go in olain clithes pretend to be a peasant and guage the populace. You begin packing your small rucksack.
You have space for 3 items. What are you taking?
>The Holy Book of Kraz.
>A dagger
>A small bag of coins
>Rations
>Canteen of water
>a baggie of medicinal herbs
>Your Scarlett Cross, the symbol of your rank
Choose wisely.
>>
>>694124
>A dagger
>Canteen of water
>a baggie of medicinal herbs

I don't know if its been mentioned or if I forgot, but where are we? What's the terrain like?
>>
>>694124
Scarlett Cross for sure, don't care about others
>>
>>694142
Was hoping the picture earlier would provide some context. Sort of a forest but near the edge it's lightly covered with trees.
>>
>>694124
>The Holy Book of Kraz.
>Your Scarlett Cross, the symbol of your rank
>Canteen of water
>>
>>694142

Seconding this, we need to figure out if the village is friendly or not if we're walking in on our lonesome
>>
>see Crusade quest
>think Crusader quest is back
>git hype
>>
>>694175

It's over anon, it's over.

Feels bad man
>>
"It's always good to be prepared." You mutter to yourself as you pack away medicinal herbs and a canteen. Any injury you sustain will be more than taken care of with the paste created from those herbs. Finally you unclasp the scarlet cross from your neck, a thin silver chain suspending it before your eyes. Worse comes to worse they may fear the wrath of the Order enough to let you go should anything happen.
With your bag packed you remove your armor and get into some simple garb, a light brown tunic, black trousers and old boots. As you head out you stop to tell Leopold that you'll return shortly, he simoly nods and resumes his training with the troops. After walking near 20 minutes east you see the village as you top a hill, the simple wooden shacks built in a natural depression of earth, you smell roasting meat and sea a large bonfire in the street and some chanting. What is your plan when you reach the village?
>Find a shop and try to barter to get some goods
>Find the leader of this village and have a sit down
>Go to this celebration in the center of the village
>Other (specify)
>>
>>694175
I'm sorry if you thought this may have been something else. Regardless I hope you find some enjoyment in it and appreciate if you choose to participate but understand if you dont.
>>
>>694198
>>Find the leader of this village and have a sit down
>>
>>694198
>>Find the leader of this village and have a sit down
>>
>>694198
>Go to this celebration in the center of the village

Stay on the outskirts of the crowd and observe how they behave
>>
The first thing you need to do is find the leader, It's always good to start at the top. You go to the largest hut and knock on the Oak board separating it from the outside. The board slide to the left revealing a young woman with dark hair cut at the shoulders quite raggedly as if done with a blade instead of shears.
"Well I haven't seen you in the village." She says eyeing you up and down her lips tightly pursed as if she were judging a prize bovine.
"Bit of a big man to be going around unnoticed, but with the burning going on in town square I'm missing some attention too." As she says this last sentence she pulls you into the shack by your ruck sack's strap. You spit and sputter but can get no words out, she works quick.
She's behind you lightly oushing you down the hallway with an uneven gait, her leg must be injured. She spins you around and pushes you into a chair, your legs feel like putty. She lays her hands on your shoulders.
"So tell me, does a man your size have a..manhood of equal size." As she says this her hands trail down to your crotch. Your face is beet red and you feel ashamed at the sin of this moment but for some reason can't bring yourself to stop it.
"Since Daddy isn't here to give me what I need, you'll do." She whispers and that's the line that breaks her hold
"What did you say?" You ask in clear disbelief.
"What? I've been a bad girl and Daddy hasn't had his way with me in days and I'm sock of letting the men in town take turns they're hardly even men. Nothing like you." She pushes you back into the chair and caresses your face.
How do you respond?
>"Unhand me Filth!"
>Strike her
>Give in to her seduction
>Other (specify)
>>
>>694260
>>"Unhand me Filth!"
Such perversion! Clearly this town needs to be purged down to the last man, woman, and child.
>>
>>694260
>>"Unhand me Filth!"
HERETIC
>>
>>694260
>"Unhand me Filth!"
>Other: Knock her unconscious
>>
File: Absoloutly Haram.jpg (72KB, 531x471px) Image search: [Google]
Absoloutly Haram.jpg
72KB, 531x471px
>>694260
>"Unhand me Filth!"
>Strike her until shes bloody and bruised
>>
>>694260
I'll support that she goes unconscious and bloody.
>Other: Knock her unconscious
>Strike her until shes bloody and bruised
>>
>>694260
>Unhand me filth!
>Strike her
Do it with proper heresy striking stance.
Gotta strike heresy right.
>>
File: [Deus vulting Intensifies].jpg (911KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
[Deus vulting Intensifies].jpg
911KB, 1920x816px
on the other hand since this is isn't Crusader quest I'm glad we may be able to go full Blaise on this

Piety and brutality DEUS VULT!
>>
>>694312
mailed fist and all right? gotta make sure her filthy Heathen blood doesn't get on us
>>
You are absolutely repulsed. Purely and simply.
The fact this disgusting harlot had put her hands on you is enough to send you into a rage, you should purge this whole village for the filth it houses. (Rage: +10 on all combat rolls while in the village.)
Your anger cannot be contained. You shove the girl backwards exclaiming "FILTH, UNHAND ME YOU ABOMINATION."
"I...I..I dont understand." she stutters out to you
"Do you not want me?"
The mere implication you'd consider copulation with this vile thing only serves to further your rage. You quickly and solidy take your fist to her nose, you hear a crunch and a thud as she hits the floor, unconscious. You kick through the thin wooden board leading to the outside and walk towards the edge of the village fuming. Right before you reach the outskirts a young man approaches you.
"Happy Burning Day, Mista. Interested in some grub? It'll only cost ya a single bronze shint."
He extends a foot long cast iron poker with small chunks of meat on them.
"You dare offer me meat tainted by the presence of sinners and abominations?" You yell
"I'm sorry what?" The man replies
You are enraged.
(When you become enraged diplomacy is no longer an option , all actions are violent.)
>Run him through with the poker
>Strike Him
>Snap his neck
>Other
>>
>>694328
>Snap his neck

Pop Pop watching Heathens drop
>>
>>694328
>Snap his neck

Heathens and Deviants disgusting
>>
>>694325
Of course.
Can't let the heathen taint our pure Christian hands.
>>694328
>Snap his neck
So as to prevent his heathen blood from tainting us or this land further.
We shall have to cleanse this place with fire.
>>
>>694328
>>Snap his neck
" I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands." Then Snap his Heathen neck
>>
You grab the man by either side of his head and before he can even react jerk it abruptly, snapping it like a frozen twig. Dropping his body and gazing upon the town you feel nauseated, only fore can cleanse this.
20 minutes later you approach camp, your anger has died down and now you can think clearly.
"LEOPOLD." You call over the training fieldwithout breaking stride.
You see Leopold run across the field quickly to salute you.
"Commander I-" he begins but you stop him
"Leopold listen, do not speak. The village nearby is a puddle of incestuous evil and sexual blasphemy. Ready the men, bzring the spirits and light torches. We cleanse with fire tonight." You abruptly turn away from Leopold to let him know this isn't a conversation
"WE'LL BE READY WITHIN THE HOUR COMMANDER." he yells after you.
You get back to your tent and climb into your armor wearing the open face helmet so God can see the face of his champion smiting evil.
So, how will you cleanse the village?
>Burn it all, Building, Fields, People. It all burns
>Kill anything breathing the pillage the village and return to camp
>Kill anyone who attempts to stop you from taking over the village and enforcing a new religious code of law
>Burn the leader, his daughter, and anyone she tainted then assume control of the village.
>Other (specify)
>>
>>694421
>Burn it all
We cannot save this village.
Only burn it and remove this taint from the world.

(We are going the full mile of crusader.)
>>
>>694421
>>Burn it all, Building, Fields, People. It all burns
Kill them all, for God will know His own.
As if there are any in this hellish place.
>>
>>694421
>Kill anyone who attempts to stop you from taking over the village and enforcing a new religious code of law
>>
>>694421
>>Burn it all, Building, Fields, People. It all burns
>>
>>694421
It's not a good idea, but I guess we're angry, so
>burn it all
>>
>>694508
>>694472
>Not wanting to burn these irrevocably degenerate heretics.

If they were somewhat decent maybe.
But what we have seen shall not stand.
>>
It's all going to burn. You can see it now the dancing flames, the screams of the damned and the knowledge that you're doing God's work.
You emerge from your tent and rest your Morningstar on your shoulder before stepping front of your men.
22 armored and armed Crusaders stand in front of you ready to fight.
It's time for a speech.
"Hear me, Sons of God

We have come to this foreign land to fulfill the will of our Father, not to fall to these faithless heathens! I call upon you to stand strong, to fight beside me, and end the wretched bastards who blaspheme our good father! We fight, for the fallen spirits and for God! Deus Vult!"
Your men cheer and raise their weapons and light the torches. The flames will be beautiful tonight.
You march upon the village and as you near it a burly man and the young girl you remember from yesterday.
"YOU! Are you the one who did this to my little girl?" He points to his daughter who shys away from you obviously terrified.
"Daddy please don't.." she mumbles
"DON'T WHAT? You think I'm scared of this guy and his group of faggot buddies? My daughter not good enough for you, fag? Is that it?" He taunts you and without a word you lift your massive morningstar and bring it down upon his head with the fury if God himself, it rips through his skull like wet parchment. His daughter begins screaming in absolute terror at what she has witnessed. You turn to her.
>Kill her
>Take her captive
>"Leopold, burn her. Alive."
>Leave her be
>>
>>694562
>Leopold, burn her alive
The only thing clean about her will be her ashes.
>>
>>694562
>>Kill her
>>
>>694562
>"Leopold, burn her. Alive."
>>
File: IMG_0351.jpg (62KB, 408x439px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0351.jpg
62KB, 408x439px
>>694562
>"DON'T WHAT? You think I'm scared of this guy and his group of faggot buddies? My daughter not good enough for you, fag? Is that it?"

what type of village is this?
>>
File: TE8Kd5.jpg (29KB, 345x400px) Image search: [Google]
TE8Kd5.jpg
29KB, 345x400px
>>694562
>"Leopord, burn her. Alive."
>>
>>694562
>>"Leopold, burn her. Alive."
>>
>>694596
The best kind
>>
>>694596
The kind that needs to be cleansed.
>>
>>694562
>"Leopold, burn her. Alive"
>>
"Leopold, I want her burned alive." You say without emotion.
Leopold only nods before grabbing the girl and dragging her to the center of the village in front of all of the citizens. Nobody raises a weapon they only watch as Leopold and 2 other soldiers lift the girl up and toss her into their celebratory bonfire. Her screams only serve to silence the already scarce whispers. You stand atop a wooden podium and look out at the crowd.
"TONIGHT, YOU WILL BE CLEANSED BY HE WHO'S FIRE BURNS BRIGHTEST. PLEASE DO NOT FIGHT GIVE IN AND REPENT, AND KNOW IF YOU REPENT YOU WILL BE MET WITH GOD AND SALVATION." You then motion towards the crowd with your hand and your men begin launching crossbow bolts that they lit ablaze into the crowd. Anyone wyho tried to run is shot down or cut down. Every dead body is tossed into the bonfire. You watch as the barrels of spirits are punctured and rolled through the streets and splashed against huts before being put to the torch. You watch the evening unfold with pride, you are a defender of God in this faithless land and these men would follow you to the Holy Kingdom and back. It's almost enough to have you shed a tear, but alas before you know it. The night is over, only charcoal piles and black crispy bones remain. You order your men back to camp and by the time you returm night has fallen and it is quiet.
Moral is V. High
What now?
>Sleep
>Set a night guard to keep watch
>Celebrate with the men
>Pray
>Other
>>
File: 6RlPSuG.jpg (39KB, 387x365px) Image search: [Google]
6RlPSuG.jpg
39KB, 387x365px
>>694562
>>"Leopold, burn her. Alive."

''I only tale those who have accepted the lord and sabiour heathen''

and with force like any woman deserves
>>
>>694673
>>Set a night guard to keep watch
>>Pray

we celebrate with Prayer!
>>
>>694673
>Pray
>>
>>694673
>Set night guard
>Pray
Our pre-party prayer.
>Celebrate with the men
We have done gods work.
>>
>>694673
>>Set a night guard to keep watch
>Pray
>>
>>694673
>Set night guard
>pray
>>
>>694673
>Set a night guard to keep watch.
>Bury the bodies.
>Pray.
>>
>>694699
Shit.
>bury their bones and spread their ashes.
>>
You enter your temt and remove your helmet before dropping to your knees and clasping your hands. God always comes first.
"Dear Lord who keeps my flame alive, I thank you for tonight. Providing me the ability and reason to purge the world of a few more heretics who have yet to accept your warmth. Thank you for not allowing any innocent men to die tonight, and for helping me to know my path. Amen." You remain staring at the floor for a few moments before slowly standing, feeling refreshed mentally and spiritually. You change into a silk shirt and pair of black trousers with comfy boots. You inform Leopold to tell the men there will be a celebration tonight for all their good work. As men gather in the center of camp, sharing stories and drinking the spirits that remain after the purging. You select 2 men to remain sober and be the lookouts for the night.
How hard are you looking to party?
>Remain sober but mingle with the soldiers -No bonus but remain vigilamt
>Drink a little, try to really get to know the men (+5 to any rolls including teamwork with the men)
>Get drunk, show the men even the most godly can have a night if fun (+10 to any rolls including teamwork with the men)
>>
>>694764
>>Drink a little, try to really get to know the men (+5 to any rolls including teamwork with the men)
>>
>>694764
>>Remain sober but mingle with the soldiers -No bonus but remain vigilamt
>>
>>694764
>Drink a little, try to really get to know the men.
>>
>>694764
>>Remain sober but mingle with the soldiers -No bonus but remain vigilamt
>>
>>694764
>Remain sober but mingle with the soldiers -No bonus but remain vigilamt
>>
>>694764
>Drink a little, try to really get to know the men (+5 to any rolls including teamwork with the men)
>>
>>694808
This
>>
File: download.jpg (2KB, 301x167px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
2KB, 301x167px
You wont drink yourself but that doesntmean the men cant have their fun. You sit on a barrel of spirits and pur the men drinks. You talk with them and share stories even laughing with them. As the night goes on you find yourself really relaxing and enjoying yourself at the party, Leopold comes over with a near empty mug and grasps your shoulder.
"Commander! It's good to see you dressed so casual. I thought I'd never see you out of that armor." He chuckled
You laugh in return, "I do enjoy wearing my armor, it's a symbol mostly. But sometimes call for a more casual or fancy approach."
Leopald laughs and moves beh I nd you to fill his mug. "You should habe stayed in your armor, Michael."
As you turn to remind Leopold of your rank above him a voice yells out.
"COMMANDER, MAN APPROACHING" You watch as a small light slowly gets closer to the camp before stopping and going to the ground lighting an inverted cross on fire. Your mouth goes dry and your heart drops into your stomach, you see a flame heading towards the camp rapidly.
"Raise the men, Leopold. They've found us." As you turn saying this you feel a cold metal enter your belly stinging with some sort of toxin, warm blood surrounding the wound.
"Yes, we have." Says Leopold sending a chill down your spine. As you fall to the ground losing conciousness as the toxin takes hold, and the last thing you see before the world goes black is the tent housing the spirits explode and your men scrambling.

You wake up and all you see is a small metal tray containing multiple torture tools. You look around the room and see only the dimmed face of your captor.
He picks up a small thin stiletto knife, dampens it, rolls it in salt and slides it just under your skin. All without a word. The pain is near unbearable but you refuse to scream.
"Hello, Michael. Let's talk about the man you left to die years ago." Your captor says, smiling
You stay silent.
"If you insist, Michael." He says jamming the stiletto further into your muscle. "Let's see how much you can take."
=End of Day 1=
>>
Sorry for the late final update guys. My internet dropped off right when I wrote everything and my window closed so I lost it all.

The thread will resume tomorrow at 8AM EST.

Please discuss the thread and tell me how you feel about the thread so far. I appreciate everyone who participated and even those who lurked.

>Thoughts?
>>
>>695043
I enjoyed cleansing the heretics.
It is a pretty solid start.
Next we shall move on to the traitors.
>>
>>695043
Abrupt twist at the end but I'm looking forward to seeing where things go from here.

Pagans and apostates gonna get what theydeserve
>>
>>695056
Not sure how I could have made the twist a little gentler to the reader. Any tips?
>>
>>695043
It was fun, abrupt twist and a little long winded sometimes but pretty good

Looking forward to things playing out
>>
>>695033
>Option to stay sober and vigilant
>still get got
It was fine till this.
>>
>>695082
The amount of drunkenness determined the injury. Hence why you'd get a higher bond witg the men, you'd have to rely on them more. I can understand your concern though seems railroady.
>>
>>695090
Ehh a bait and switch like this is railroads in hindsight but does serve to lull into a false sense of security

Personally I thought we had a chance of ambush after our display in townthoguh this was better
>>
>>695090
>>695065
No, I don't have much advice. The loss of agency made it feet railroady but as long as it doesn't happen recurrently then it van be forgiven for the sake of the longterm plot.
>>
I'm incredibly happy it seems you guys mostly enjoyed this. I'm still very early to making quests (this is only my 2nd) so hopefully you'll stick with me and I can grow as a QM and provide a good experience to you guys.
>The thread will resume at 8AM EST tomorrow
>>
>>695145
Looking forward to it and I hope we get to build on our character as you go
>>
Thread Resumes in 10.
>>
>>696423
>in ten

Half an hour later......
>>
>>696423
I want t kill filthy saracens nao
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 208x243px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 208x243px
Your captor continues to poke and prod under your skin in various places. The pain is eventually too much and you pass out.
Darkness is all you see but eventually something comes into sight, your childhood home.
Where did you grow up again?
>A small cabin in the woods (+5 to all rolls in forests)
>A shack by the great eastern desert (+5 to all rolls in deserts)
>A nice house in the city (+5 to all rolls in a village, town, or city)
>We roamed from shelter to shelter on the Northern Plains (+5 to all rolls in Plaines)
>>
>>696435
>not being raised by monks

For shame we were raised in the bosom of God!
>>
>>696437
that being said

>>696435
>A small CHURCH in the woods (+5 to all rolls in forests)
>>
>>696435
Shack by the desert, we're fighting sand people after all
>>
Desert and forest are tied. Next vite for either wins it.
>>
>>696447
Seconding this then
>>
The image comes into focus in your mind. The small church you had been raised in just outside the forest village, every sunday you were praying to God and memorizing your holy verses. You grew up having a very close relationship with God. When you weren't praying or helping your father prepare for the next sermon, how did you spend your time?
>Studied and practiced speaking to a crowd like my father did (Gain The Trait: Well Spoken)
>I practiced fighting, I was always picked on and needed to learn to defend myself (Gain Proficiency In: Hand to Hand)
>I learned the ins and outs of the church and how best to conceal myself. (Gain The Trait: Stealthy)
>I studied History books, Tactical journals, and anything I could convince others to give me. (Gain The Trait: Educated)
>>
>>696461
>)
>I studied History books, Tactical journals, and anything I could convince others to give me. (Gain The Trait: Educated)
>>
>>696461
>>I studied History books, Tactical journals, and anything I could convince others to give me. (Gain The Trait: Educated)

we Jesuit now
>>
>>696461
>>
The Holy Book opened your eyes to a much larger world of literature. You read anything you could get your hands on the doctor's medical texts, your father's old tactical journal from the 3rd crusade, and even your neighbors mail. Over the years you read more and more advanced material, as a result you're quite intelligent.
You always were a large child, called fat by some but when the fat proved to be muscle they held their tongues rather quickly. Still when it came time for the recruiting officers to get your villages men to enlist, you were a clear choice. Tall, Strong, and with a tactical mind.
But why did you want to fight for The Holy King James?
>Money. I wanted to bring back mountains of coins to my family and renovate the chruch (Gain: A large amount of money you've saved)
>Glory. The life of a soldier is one of action and glorious battle, I want to be remembered as one of the greatest heroes in the Holy Army. (Gain: Fame across the land)
>God. I felt a duty to God himself to help defend his land, his people and slay any who dare to taint his earth. (Gain: Righteous Fury)
>Pleasure. The army means war, war means blood will be spilled. By you. That's all you needed to know. (Gain: Bloodlust)
[If you would like all these traits and what they would affect explained I will happily do so.]
>>
>>696477
God. I felt a duty to God himself to help defend his land, his people and slay any who dare to taint his earth. (Gain: Righteous Fury)
>>
>>696477
>>God. I felt a duty to God himself to help defend his land, his people and slay any who dare to taint his earth. (Gain: Righteous Fury)
>>Pleasure. The army means war, war means blood will be spilled. By you. That's all you needed to know. (Gain: Bloodlust)
>>
>>696477
>God. I felt a duty to God himself to help defend his land, his people and slay any who dare to taint his earth. (Gain: Righteous Fury)
>>
>>696477
>>
Your love for God outweighs all others, you jumped at the chance to fight for him. You worked for years, getting stronger, getting a sharper mind, being the best man you coukd be for God. Doing everything you could for God, and it's lead you here. God wants you here, to purge
You wake up looking around the room, breathing heavily, you stare at the tools that have been used to torture you. They make you angry. You look down at the wounds covering your body. That makes you even angrier. You look at the blood that is now dried on the floor. YOUR blood, HOLY Blood, Spilled by a filthy heretic. This makes you enraged.
[You are now enraged]
Roll a d100 for ripping your chains from the wall and freeing yourself. I'll take the top roll.
>>
File: IMG_0064.jpg (19KB, 196x129px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0064.jpg
19KB, 196x129px
>>696491
>>
Rolled 11 (1d100)

>>696491
Let's try that again
>>
>>696493
>>696491
And again
>>
File: 1474816525420.png (146KB, 500x598px) Image search: [Google]
1474816525420.png
146KB, 500x598px
Rolled 59 (1d100)

>>696492
>>696493
you're doing it wrong

DEUS VULT!
>>
Rolled 55 (1d100)

>>696495
Huh
>>
I'll allow one more roll to save yourselves.
>>
Rolled 44 (1d100)

>>696505
>>
>>696518
fug
>>
You yank and pull at the chains like a feral dog. The chains straining against your strength and the mortar beginning to crumble around the base plates, but your body is weakened significantly from the torture. You fall to your knees and begin screaming furiously.
[You are enraged]
>Scream until the torturer returns
>Dislocate your own wrist in an attempt to escape
>Begin punching the wall (Enraged)
>Other
>>
>>696523
Dislocate wrist
>>
>>696523
Wrist
>>
You remember reading about a man who was able to dislocate any joint in his body allowing him to slip free of any shackles and fit in extremely tight spaces.
This memory gives you an idea, you hold your left hand and take a deep breath before violently pulling it and dislocating it. The pain is incredible, but your burning anger helps you ignore it. With your left hand free your hope is reignited and the knowledge you could soon bring God's fury upon these men who dared torture a godly servant. You put your wrist back into position holding back a scream. You grab the chain holding your right arm captive with both hands and begin yanking, your muscles straining and burning as you try to rip steel from stone, and shockingly. It works, the faceplate tears from the wall suddenly and you stumble backwards into the tray of torture tools.
You are free.
[You Are Enraged]
>Find some clothes
>Arm yourself
>Examine the room
>Other
>>
>>696551
Arm yourself and examine the room

Being a bloody naked berserker will inspire fear in the hearts of the filthy heathens
>>
>>696551
>And PRAY! Praise the Lord for seeing fit to test our faith/purify our soul with cleansing agony/bring us to this den of heresy
>And also arm ourselves
>>
File: 7c3.png (197KB, 427x467px) Image search: [Google]
7c3.png
197KB, 427x467px
>>696551
>>Arm yourself
>>Other

ANNOINT OURSELVES IN BLOOD! WHILE RECITING THE LITANY OF HATE

BLOOD FOR THE BLO- I MEAN DEUS VULT!
>>
You stick your fingers into your open wounds and smear blood on your face. The rage building inside you as you lift the chain with a bit of rock on the end, a crude but surely effective flail. You bow your head and say a quick prayer of thanks to God for allowing you the opportunity to purge this den of sin. As you finish your prayer and look up you see your tormenter in the doorway, mouth agape.
[You are enraged]
>Crush his skull
>Choke him with the chain
>Beat him with your bare hands
>Keep him alive, you'll need him for later
>Other
>>
>>696574
>>Crush his skull
>>
>>696574
Crush his skull
>>
>>696574
>Crush his skull
>>
>>696574
>Crush his skull
Also, do we have a name yet?
>>
You bring the chain up and swing it in a half circle before slamming it into his head. He collapses and you grab the rock and begin bashing his head in furiously, blood and brain and fragments of bone go everywhere. You sit on his chest breathing angrily, you let the blood splatter be your clothing as you take the man's stiletto knife and head into the hall.
>Go to the left
>Go to the right
>>
>>696613
>Go to the right
>>
>>696613
>go to the right
>>
We're starting to feel less Crusader and more Berserker.
>>
>>696613
>Go to the right
>>
You run down the hallway to the right heading towards a dim glow. As you reach the cracked door you open it and see a horrible sight, your men.
They've all been chained and left to be tortured much like you. A chorus of weakened men saying "Commander." Is all you hear. In the room is a masked torturer. He turns to face you and raises a sword to defend himself.
>Rush the torturer
>Play defensive
>Cry "DEUS VULT" and charge him with the knife (Righteous Fury)
>Other
>>
>>696656
>Cry "Deus Vult" and charge him with the knife (Righteous Fury)
>>
File: IMG_1669.jpg (59KB, 455x661px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1669.jpg
59KB, 455x661px
>>696656
>>Cry "DEUS VULT" and charge him with the knife (Righteous Fury)

DEUS VULT!
>>
>>696656
Cry Deus Vult, but lead with the chain weapon I have in my other hand that I tore out of the wall
>>
You feel the holy spirit inside you, protecting you.
Reinvigorated with this feeling of divine intervention you scream, "DEUS VULT, SCUM"
You sprint at the man from the door way. Your screaming, lack of clothes and saturation in blood confuse him and he is powerless to stop you from tackling him to the ground and driving the thin blade through his eye.
You stand above him, feeling the elation that only purging infidels can bring. You leave the knife in his head and take his sword and belt, but otherwise remain without clothes, a large spot in your chest is clean of blood, you dip your fingers into his eye and use the blood to draw a large red cross on your chest. 15 of your men are chained in this dungeon.
>Take the key from the torturer and free your men
>"I will be back, I swear on it."
>"Where are the others?"
>"Where is Leopold?"
>Other
>>
>>696691
>Take the key from the torturer and free your men
>>
>>696695
This
>>696691
>>
>>696695
dis
>>
Bending down to the body of the torturer you remove the shackle key from his belt and begin to make your men free once more.
As you begin uncuffing the 5th soldier on the wall you hear a click and your best warrior Filmore yell "COMMANDER, DOWN"
>Turn to face the sound
>Continue uncuffing your man
>Attempt to dodge. (Roll an AGL check D6)
[No armor, no AGL penalty]
>>
>>696712
>>Continue uncuffing your man
>>
>>696712
Attempt to dodge
>>
>>696719
This
>>696712
>>
>>696719
Roll a D6
>>
Rolled 1 (1d6)

>>696726
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

>>696726
>>
Rolled 46 (1d100)

>>696726
OP?
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

>>696726
Wrong dice
>>
I was called into work early the story will resume when I am off.
Stay tuned
>>
This is the most holy thread I have ever witnessed.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d6)

>>696877
Come back soon
>>
>those sixes though
>>
i need me more crusade
>>
I was banned for 2 days for something I didn't do. The quest will resume if anyone is even still interested after this hiatus.
>>
FUCK YES RESUME
>>
>>707630
make a new thread though so it can bump to the top
>>
>>707630
>>708082
I second this notion
>>
>>707630
do it
>>
>>707630
>>708082
THIS
>>
2nd Crusader quest will be done. Expect it later today. We will go late with it tonight.
>>
THE NEW CRUSADE QUEST:
>>709781
Thread posts: 221
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.