[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Swedish Strength

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 14

File: Sweden1.png (94KB, 972x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Sweden1.png
94KB, 972x1024px
On the 6th of March 1635, Queen Kristina of Sweden (heir to the famous Gustav II Adolf Vasa) is on her way to visit a local noble in Östergötland. Unfortunately, on the way there, the front left wheel of the carriage breaks from its axis, sending the carriage hurling down a hill and ultimately crashing into the house of a local farmer. The accident ends up killing Queen Kristina as well as the presumptive heir prince Karl Gustav.

In Stockholm, the commotion on the streets starts as early as 5 am, waking any prospective long-sleepers that would'nt have heard of the news. Some question what will happen to the realm in the interregnum.

For now, count Johan Gyllenträd of Öland (the Queen's designated regent and most trusted advisor) has gathered four more counts around him to decide what will happen to Sweden, and to rule Sweden while there is a vacuum of power. These counts are the count of Nyland (1), the count of Norrland (2), the count of Västergötland (3) and the count of Gotland (4). During her few years of power, queen Kristina had reinstituted a mix between feudalism and absolute monarchy. As a result, the realm now has one count for each county, with them holding a limited power within their own realm under guidance of the now dead queen.

The counts will have to work on something, and figure out what to do before the realm is onset by foreign invaders. To the east, the Russians seem to be shaping up for something, desiring to prey upon weak neighbors. On the continent, Sweden has yet to commit to treaties with Poland-Lithuania, and are thus still at conflict, with the current king of Poland belonging to the house of the deceased Kristina, thus granting him a claim to the throne. Furthermore, Denmark-Norway is currently weak, but are enjoying what seems to be an approaching economic boom.

The Swedish army is currently weary of fighting, with around 14 000 veteran men at their disposal, of which 9 000 are stationed in Östergötland, and the further 5 000 are currently residing in and around the area of Viborg. The army is also in dire need of reserves, with most of the available regiments only at half strength. Each county holds one permanent regiment of foot, with a few counties holding further regiments of artillery and cavalry.

You are the council of nobles, with each of you called into service to serve the realm, or to plot for your own power. What is to become of Sweden is decided by your actions.

Each player will pick a count to play, and will describe their character (Including name, family, at least some history, and of course starting loc).

Roleplay is vital here, and sillyness = I will ask someone else to take your place. We'll start whenever we have at least 3 counts. For the first turn, you are all to decide actions during the meeting with the count of Öland, to which you have been called.

Next post will detail counties and their benefits/drawbacks.
>>
County of Nyland:

+ Good trade with Russia
+ Elite cavalry, made up of Finnish Hakkapeliita
- Local populace is in ethnocultural conflict, with the influx of Swedish settlers upsetting the local Finnish populace, which see themselves as the underdogs.

The county of Nyland holds 2 regiments. One regiment of foot at half strength, and one elite cavalry regiment at full strength. The regiments are all stationed in/around Viborg.

County of Norrland:

+ Rugged, easily defendable terrain.
+ Loyalist populace, which will gladly endure hardship for the good of the realm.
- Low population due to climate not being optimal to farming.

The county of Norrland holds two regiments of foot, which are both at half strength. Regiments are stationed in Östergötland.

County of Västergötland:

+ Big populace, with plenty of farming.
+ Connection with overseas, trade with the British Isles.
- Lack of solid fortification.

The county of Västergötland holds a total of 3 regiments, all at full strength. One regiment of foot, one of cavalry and one of artillery. They have the regiments of foot & of artillery in Östergötland, and the regiment of cavalry in/around Viborg.

County of Gotland:

+ Perfect place for trading, but the actual trade has declined in recent years.
+ Has around half of the Swedish navy stationed there right now.
- Low populace

The county of Gotland holds a total of two regiments. One regiment of foot, and one regiment of artillery, both stationed in Östergötland. The regiment of foot is at half strength, and the regiment of artillery is at full strength.
>>
File: fatezero501.jpg (50KB, 812x460px) Image search: [Google]
fatezero501.jpg
50KB, 812x460px
VÄSTERGÖTLAND BÄST GÖTLAND REPORTING INNNN
>>
>>693344
You want to be Västergötland, I take it?

Please fika and lugna ner dig. Then write char and family story.
>>
Björn Backlund is a huge, jolly man. He's very popular among the farmers because of his homeric strength of body and character, as well as his frequent trips to visit the best drinking parlors in the County to enjoy the company of his fellow Västergötlanders, low-class and high-class alike, as well as good wine and nubile women.

However, most of his political strength comes precisely from the support of the people and force of charisma. He isn't much of an intellectual, and the upper circles consider him more of a demagogue and a ruffian than a real ruler.

Staring Location: Tavern in Östergötland
>>
The count of Nyland, Nils Stenborg is a young and ambitious man. He came from an old Swedish Noble family claiming descent from the famous Viking Ragnar Lothbrok. Despite his illustrious ancestry, Nils himself isn't as strong or heroic as his forefathers. His brother Carl however is a Viking reincarnate, he leads the Hakkapeliita regiment. Nils is primarily a schemer and a negotiator. He also has 3 younger sisters.
>>
Count of Gotland, Sven is the third son after his two older brothers died at sea fighting the Danish. He has a younger brother and two sisters. A strong martial family, he has a strong dislike for the Danish.
Starting location, Gotland harbor seeing to the fleet.
>>
>>693403
Sven is a tall skinny older man, with grey hair and long beard. He has lost his sense of humor long ago, he is respected by the people by being just if not a little kind to those who have worked hard or served in the military. He has very little time for layabouts and drunkards but is not above hiding his distaste for the good of the realm.
>>
Allright, gimme a few moments, lads, and I'll get this on the road.
>>
File: old man.jpg (27KB, 347x420px) Image search: [Google]
old man.jpg
27KB, 347x420px
>>693324
Born third in his family's line of succession, Kurt always lived up to his name, preferring time with soldiers and generals to the intricacies of court. When his father drank himself to death, his eldest brother died on a hunting accident, and the other drunkenly fell off of a balcony, he was left to clean up the mess, despite outcry from a few select individuals, who were quickly silenced. Ever since then, Kurt has ruled the county of Norrland with an iron fist, driving taxes and recruitment drives to the hardy peoples' breaking point.
>>
Turn I

You have each recieved a letter, bearing the sigil of the crown.

"I, count Johan Gyllenträd of Öland, the most dear advisor of our beloved queen and appointed supervisor of the realm in times of extraordinary need, call upon thee to assemble at the capital in utmost haste. As the news may reach you within soon time of writing, our queen has suffered an accident and has left the realm in interrex. For the realm, I wish to gather four counts from within the realm to see to it that we remain intact after this unfortunate disaster. I ask you again to make most haste, as the realm bleeds by the minute and we cannot afford weakness in face of our enemies. You will belong to a council of elder counts that will guide the realm through this hardship. Yours in the grace of god, and in the name of this our most beloved realm, count Johan Gyllenträd."

What is known of Gyllenträd is that he is a kiss-ass, but a most effective byreaucrat, and that he was very close indeed to the queen. You can either go to Stockholm within three weeks time, or risk being branded a traitor to the realm. Of course, any preporatory delays will cut that time shorter.

What is your course of action?
>>
>>693487
Leave as soon as possible with a small force of bodyguards, leaving the county in control of my martial. If asked what's going on, only say that I've been called to the capital.
>>
>>693487
Put the fleet on increased patrols, tell the captains to not hesitate to see off foreign warships as they might try to raid in this time of perceived weakness. Then travel to Stockholm
>>
>>693487
Take a ship and head to the capital immediately, bring my household guards. Leave my brother in charge of the County f
>>
>>693487

Get the fuck there with my best man.

Tighten port and trade security. Leave my second best man in charge of the county meanwhile.
>>
13th of March 1635. The events occur at different times of day.

>>693494

You enter the capital and you're immediately struck by the stench of shit. There is no fancy way of describing the absolutely abhorent smell you face. By now the sun is merely flickering across the horizon and the evening is a present. With that fact, you see the life of debauchery played out before you as numerous men engage themselves around the taverns. At one point, your bodyguard even has to teach a drunk a lesson, after this peasant showed no knowledge of who you were.

You decide to seek the count of Öland's audience at the morrow, as most servants of the court have by now finished the matters of the day, leaving an empty court. For now, however, you are greeted by a servant who calls himself Erik, and tells you he has been asked to show you to your quarters for the duration of your stay. What is your course of action?

>>693496

You are awakened by seagulls crying out on the morrow, as your captain navigates into the harbor. You can hear bells tolling, and the sound of a commercial city slowly awaking. Slowly but surely, you shake the sleeping dust from your eyes and start to wander about the ship. From here, you can see that the castle is only a small walk away. Your cook appears to tell you that breakfast is being served in the captain's cabin, and that the captain wishes be released from duty after they have made the difficult navigation into a resting spot in the harbor. Your stomach growls with discontent. What is your course of action?

>>693497

You have stopped for the night on the long journey westwards, which had been delayed slightly due to repairs being made to the ship you had at your disposal. You have docked at a small harbor, at what is an even smaller island. Talking with one of the sailors, who coincidentally happens to be a local, you discover that the island is named Sottunga and that there lives about 2 centuries people here, mostly supporting themselves by fishing, but also some by farming. The local priest, a man named Sten, has offered you a dinner at his farmhouse, clearly the only house in the village with a resemblance of dignity. The sailor with family here also tells of a feast occuring at the local gathering place. He wishes to go there with his mates, and you ponder wether you might also join him. What is your course of action?

>>693504

You are camping in the woods next to the road with your one best friend, whom you have known since childhood. He is the bastard son of a merchant, whom you met when he defended you in a brawl. His name is Torulf, but he is known as "Starke", due to his immense size (Starke means "Strong", or "The strong one"). Roasting a final supper for the day, you hear a snarking growl, and your mind immideatly is cast back to tales of dark things in the wood. Näcken, elves, gnomes... What you find, however, is far more sinister. Slowly approaching the camp fire is a bear. What is your course of action?
>>
>>693552
God, how fucking [i]disgusting...[/i] I see our [i][b]dear[/b][/i] majesty did such a [i][b]great[/b][/i] job during her time in power, with such filth, decadence, and ignorance building up like a pile of fresh cow shit [i]right under her nose,[/i] but I honestly don't understand what anybody was expecting from a [i]woman.[/i] Pah. Maybe, under a [i]new[/i] rule, things will be different... but that's an issue for another day. For now, follow alongside this "Erik," and stay quiet, save for asking him where my bodyguards will stay.
>>
>>693574
Oh the fancy code is only for OPs. Well.
>>
>>693552
Eat with the captain and release him to standard shore leave, I tell him unless anything comes up he can return to normal duties in a few days. When ashore I head to the castle.
>>
Btw, for simplicity's sake, please include your county/demesne in your name so I can more easily keep track of your progress.

Thank you.
>>
>>693584
Got it.
>>
>>693584
no prob
>>
>>693552

I stand up and look at the surroundings. If its a mother protecting her cubs, well, I'll respect her and set off to leave and finish the meal elsewhere.

But if its just a cheeky motherfucker, I'll look at it straight in the eyes. I'm more of a Bear than he ever will be! Then I yell "GO AWAY BEAR!"

And then if after that the bear is suicidal enough to want to fight Björn Backlund, I'll kiss my Thor amulet for good luck in this test from the Aesirs and ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE and DRAW MY BLADE.
>>
>>693574
Erik informs you they can quarter 2 of your 4 bodyguards at the Castle, while the rest will have to find an abode somewhere amongst the time. The court, however, will gladly compensate this cost as to have you bear no trouble. Erik also joins you in conversation about the previous monarch and the events of her reign. As you arrive at the castle Tre Kronor (the royal residence), you are greeted by an impressive and imperial sight. A few carriages pass by, but overall this area of town seems to be the most quiet and relaxed part of town, which is soothing. When arriving, Erik passes in front of the guards, nodding his head. They step aside, letting you in. Whilst inside, you make a few turns around the hallways, with observations of a few servants casually strolling about the place as if having nothing to do. The smell here is markedly more parfume-like. Erik walks along to the west wing, into what appears to be the top floor of a rectangular tower.

"Here shall you abide in grace during your stay, my lord. The room to your right shall be your guard's abode, but we ask that they leave their arms to us. By the crown's grace, we wish not to disturb this place of royalty with the tools of war. My lord will of course be allowed to keep his own, but we ask that your guards abide the king's peace."

>>693581

After breakfast your captain hurries off of the ship, with most of the men not far behind him. They are laughing and joking amongst themselves, clearly intent on finding the very best tavern this city has to offer. You walk onto land moments later, only to be greeted by a vision of beggars lining the street. Before you have a chance to truly collect your thoughts, however, a servant calling himself "Adolf" appears. He asks that you follow him to the castle, as the count of Öland is eager to make your aquaintance soon as. You follow him to the castle, desperate to keep up with his hurried pace. When arriving, what you see is a vision of beauty, a true pearl upon the earth. "Tre Kronor" strikes you as a magnificent castle, impressing you quite somewhat. As you have been here only a year before, you hurriedly dismiss Adolf's attempts to offer guidance through the castle, and you instead make way up the stairs and into the council chamber where you assume the count will be waiting. As the guards step aside and open the door to this chamber, a quiet and peaceful room strikes you, with what appears to be a young yet heavily bearded count Gyllenträd.

"Pleasure to make your aquaintance, my name is count Gyllenträd. You will have to forgive my forgetting of yours, I see far too many faces each day..."

>>693616

The bear looks mightily confused by your reaction. As you shout at it, it seems amused. Playful, even. After the shout echoes out into the nightly forest, the bear reacts by (cont).
>>
File: bear.jpg (17KB, 195x300px) Image search: [Google]
bear.jpg
17KB, 195x300px
>>693631
>>693616
... stepping on its hind legs and roaring wildly. As it drops back down on all fours it starts to circle your camp, and your friend Starke also draws his sword, saying a short prayer under his breath. What is your course of action?

We'll wait until Nyland has made an action until I move on ahead with the next actions.
>>
>>693637

"IT'S TIME!" I cheer, and I move forth to SLAAAAY THE BEAST
>>
>>693631
Very well, I wasn't expecting anything else. Hand them over without any fuss.
>>
>>693645
Roll 1d 100
>>
>>693552
Join the feast, do not drink too much and stay respectable. Seat with the village elder
>>
>>693631
I am Sven Glenson, Count of Gotland. I hold up the letter, you summoned me regent?
>>
>>693651
As the feast erupts, that most explosive of gatherings has begun. Music is heard throughout the halls, and many a merryment can both be seen and heard to be had. You take your honored seat next to the village elder, an old man who has an unusually large stomach. He is however, as is evident by his rapid movements and forceful handling of any matter, a very powerful and honed man of age. He is beardless, and his hair is long and gray. He tells you of a local maiden that has no man to take for marriage. He does so whilst pointing across the room towards a red-haired beauty who stands up against a wall. Her beauty is unmatched by all in the room, and so you find it strange that she hasn't been offered a hand in marriage yet. The elder explains that this is because of her family's poverty. What is your course of action?
>>
>>693647
>>
Rolled 64 (1d100)

>>693647
>>
Rolled 80 (1d100)

>>693662
Oh fuck it I'll do it for ya
>>
>>693664
K this is the one that's gonna count.
>>693665
Not this one.
>>
>>693659
Talk to her, ask her name, find out about her family's circumstances, and try to seduce her
>>
File: FateZero-Ep-7-img0004.png (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
FateZero-Ep-7-img0004.png
3MB, 2560x1440px
>>693664
>>693665

ROLLS WORTHY OF BJÖRN BACKLUND
>>
File: assassin.jpg (18KB, 231x470px) Image search: [Google]
assassin.jpg
18KB, 231x470px
>>693645
Your charge is a desperate push, but the bear sweeps across your face in a single fell swoop. You lay dead, and in your absence the person left in charge of your county grabs power. You're out of the game.

>>693669
You have her back towards the ship by the end of the night. You make love, passionately, and she is as fearsome in bed as her hair would signal. By the end, you are both grasping for breath as she lays on your right, with her arms around you and her head resting on your breast. She asks you to take her with you to the capital, for she had always wanted to see the world and experience the life outside of this damned fishing village. She begs you bring her away from her abusive father with big, pleading green eyes. The waves rack the ship gently as you ponder. What is your course of action?

>>693658
"Ah, it is very good of you to come. I am afraid you have arrived far earlier than the others summoned. If you wish, you may rest until you are all gathered for the discussion of the course of realm action. If you truly wish for work, however, I can gladly offer you to take charge in reviewing the court finances for the next year whilst we wait for the others to arrive any day now." What is your course of action?

>>693646
You hand over the weapons and retreat to bed in peace. Granting yourself one last look on the city skyline before bed, you spot something unmistakeable, sending cold shivers down your spine and waking your near sleeping mind back to full alert. Fire. Across the town. You gaze in shock. You hear a creaking sound behind you, and turn around to face a masked and darkly dressed person. He points towards you with a firearm, and releases a shot. It misses, and flies through the window behind you. He draws a dagger and starts to approach. On your left is your own sword. What is your course of action?
>>
>>693696
Make her my mistress. Ask her name. Find out what she's good at, and how intelligent she is
>>
>>693696
Draw my sword and jump off of the bed with my blade pointed towards him, aiming to use the downward momentum to slice open his gut.
>>
>>693696
I am quite apt with numbers, I will take this task. Summon me when I am again needed, I will get to work directly.
>>
>>693707
Dice 1d10
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>693710
>>
>>693712
His guts spill. He is dead. Your bodyguards rush in to see what the commotion is. The next is a blur as the adrenaline makes short work of any memory.
>>
File: Sweden2.png (131KB, 972x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Sweden2.png
131KB, 972x1024px
Turn II

14th of March 1635

>>693708
>>693707
>>693715
You (Gotland) fall asleep with the numbers still whirling past in your head. As you awake, you dress and is greeted by a servant who knocks upon the door.

"Enter", you shout.

"M'lord, if you wills it, the count of Öland has requested your presence in the council hall. Breakfast will be served there upon arrival"

You grab the financial books and make quick haste to the council hall for gathering. Upon arrival, you greet the count of Öland, who stands with his arms leaning on the large wooden table. On his right, you can see the count of Norrland.

"I greet you, count of Gotland. How fared thine sleep?"

"Fair enough. The numbers were quite the few, but in essence I believe the main..." You have no time to continue before you are cut off by the count of Öland.

"My count, I am afraid the accounts matter little as of the time being. We have recieved word of the count of Östergötland gathering forces and marching northwards after I summoned him for this very council. Last night, we recieved an assassin who attempted to take the count of Norrland's life. Upon his death, we investigated the body and found a letter from the count of Östergötland. The intention of this man is clear, he means to grab power for himself. With our army previously amassed in Östergötland now under his command, we will try to send word to our Finnish detachment for help. That being said, I am afraid we are outnumbered, and we have rumors of him striking a deal with the Polish king. We need to act fast and decisively to strike at the enemy."

The count of Norrland looks upon the count of Öland expectantly and asks:

"What would you have us do?"

"First we must assume our power. For now, I say we agree I take charge of this defensive campaign, agreed? After the paperwork is finished, I want you, my count of Norrland, to head towards Viborg and gather the men there. Assume their command and head back towards the capital. You, count of Gotland, shall head to your island immediately and gather your navy. I ask that you guard our territorial waters from foreign powers, and that you hold our coastline secure so that the count of Norrland can transport troops here. With a little luck, the count of Nyland should also soon arrive, and he shall be taking defensive command of Stockholm. Meanwhile, I will head north post haste, and attempt to gather support amongst the populace."

What are your actions?

>>693705

The waves beat about the ship as you move across the sea in this harsh spring weather. Holding you tightly is your dear mistress Elisabet, whom you have been so unable to keep out of your mind. Her red hair flaps in the wind, striking across your body. You simply cannot drop the thoughts of her, or the long conversation you held yesterday, attempting to probe her on her life and experiences. She had told you so many things, and you remembered them all as if they were the names of your loved ones. cont.
>>
File: ship.jpg (27KB, 384x480px) Image search: [Google]
ship.jpg
27KB, 384x480px
>>693746
>>693705
... You remember how she told you of her superior intellect, and her eagerness to remember and recount tales of old as told to her. You remember how she told you how well she got on with the little ones, and how well she could handle their squabbles. Your hunger grows, and she recommends reitiring to your cabin for food and after-food. What is your course of action?
Allright guys, gonna make a quick break for food. Feel free to post actions while I'm gone, and I should be back soon.
>>
>>693746
Nod and excuse myself to gather my bodyguards, throw in a question if we can be armed now thanks to the open rebellion with assassins, and wait for our mark. Also ask for permission to train out in the courtyard, in the meantime -- my old bones might still burn from the rush last night, but I'm not worthless.
>>
>>693746
I send a messenger to the docks to get the ship ready to sail, (I should know when the next tide is) In the meantime I write a summery of the accounts and leave them for the regent to look over in his own time. When it is time to leave I do so with out any further delay.
>>
>>693750
Find some salted meat and bread to eat in my cabin. Have sexy time for the rest of the journey.
Meet the regent as soon as I arrive in Stockholm. Bring my bodyguards too.
Will be out for 3-4 hours, that will be my move for this turn and the next, assume I'm too busy fucking Elisabet if you need to move to the next turn
>>
File: cock and balls.png (127KB, 972x1024px) Image search: [Google]
cock and balls.png
127KB, 972x1024px
Fixed your map OP
>>
>>693989
Thanks! Was gonna get on to it at some point, whenever it got relevant to add more nations.
>>
File: Sweden4.png (139KB, 972x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Sweden4.png
139KB, 972x1024px
Turn III

21st of March 1635

In the morning, ships in the harbour are commiting exodus en masse. As the morning fog starts to fade, shouts and bells can be heard over the clear and still water slowly filling with light waves as the massive ships start to move themselves outwards. People are fleeing the capital, yet a single boat can be seen arriving, bearing Swedish flag. As it docks, the count of Nyland steps ashore and heads towards the castle of Tre Kronor, accompanied by three bodyguards. He has recieved the news of what has happened, and now storms inside the council chamber to talk with the count of Öland.

"My count of Nyland. I'm glad you've arrived. I'm afraid we've little time for talk of your journey. How aware are you of the enemies movements?"

"I am knowledgeable of their move towards Stockholm. I was called here to council, but on my way into the harbor I could not mistake the site of fellow counts leaving the capital like rats fleeing a sinking ship. For what have I truly been called?"

"I beg of you, my count, we need you to defend our city in a siege. We want you to hold out here with the garrison and royal guard, whilst I head north to gather support."

What is your course of action, count of Nyland?

28th of March 1635

In Viborg, the castle garrison shoots a salvo of cannonfire as a welcome to the arriving count of Norrland. Around the counties, currently mingling with the local populace is the eight regiments of the eastern detachment of the royal Swedish army. The detachment consists of two full-strength cavalry regiments, one of them elite, one half-strength artillery regiment and five half-strength regiments of foot. All in all, gathering them and making them ready for travel by land would take around three days. To gather the supplies ready for travel by sea would take a week, but would result in a faster travel.

In the Viborg castle is gathered the count Ulf Ekegran and the brother of the count of Nyland, named Karl. These men are currently commanding the Finnish detachment. They are good friends since long time past, but count Ekegran is also infamous for his hot temper and shyness for strangers.

What is your course of action, count of Norrland?

In the midst of the seas lay a ship, owned by the count of Gotland, who is on his way back to his beloved island. The captain slowly walks up to talk to the count, noticeably nervous of speaking.

"My lord, there is a storm a'brewin. I sense it, the men sense it, and the cat senses it. If you let us shelter, we can harbor halfway south of here, in the town of Nyköping. We don't want to be out on the seas, dancing with the gods if this be the way of the winds, m'lord."

It might be a while until the weather calms, and the enemy are approaching from the south, as well as the Polish navy. That being said, sailing at this time of year (with bad weather) is a significant risk. You do, however, have one of the best captains in all of Sweden.

>>
>>694052
Red X = Position of Östergötish army
Purple X = Position of Polish navy
Dot in Finland = Viborg
Dot in Sweden = Nyköping
>>
Right boys. I'm off to bed. I'll probably do one update tommorow morning, so watch out for that one. After that, expect a few more hours of wait until I get home and can do the evening's few updates. I think this has been pretty good so far, but I'm interested to hear what you guys think of it, so please, tell me what you think.
>>
>>694052
Tell them that I'm here to take command of the men by order of the count of Öland. Once they're all accounted for, prepare for travel by sea.
>>
>>694063
I think it has gone well so far, a bit abrupt with the death, but he did try to fight a bear.
Our characters haven't had much choice in our actions yet but that's to be expected for the intro.
How historical are you going to be? Because doesn't Sweden own most of the ports in the Baltic at this time? The Commonwealth fleet was transferred to Sweden just a few years ago.

Not trying too nitpick or anything just trying to get background on my character and the outcome of the 30 years war.

Questions about my character:
Does he know about the polish fleet?
What does he know about their capabilities?
How does the Swedish fleet compare?

So for my actions, take shelter, the sea is a harsh mistress. Any storm will hinder the polish as much as I.
>>
>>694145
Suppose I'll answer some questions since I'm waiting for something anyway. If anyone else has any, fire away and I may answer them now if I see them or tommorow.

To be honest, I'm a big fan of history but I'm not very well read up on this particular period, atleast not as much as I would like to be. I won't change anything big like those first points (though they are legitimate), since that would disrupt the flow. I'll try to stick to history and research a bit when I can, but ultimately please forgive me if I don't have something researched. As for the thirty years war, negotiations have sort of gone south, because as far as I know they still hadn't sign their way of out the war at this point (please correct me on that as for reality, but for the game this is what I'm gonna stick with)

Your character has knowledge of the fact that the Polish fleet is the logical next step in this whole mess, though you don't know for sure that they are actualy on their way. You can predict it. Your character has knowledge regarding naval technology and naval warfare, but very little knowledge of their actual navy. Gonna keep their size, make up and so on secret as well. The swedish fleet is sizeable, though somewhat dated. That being said, the swedish navy has very well experienced men at sea, even though the navy is slightly outdated. As for numbers, you're not a small navy, but not a huge one either.
>>
>>694172
Cheers mate, I was just looking it up myself and noticed the difference.
>>
>>694052
I ask him who threatens the city and how much men will I get. Then, I send a message to my brother to lead a regiment of Hakkapeliita and join the count of Oland
>>
Sorry 'bout no updates yesterday, had shit to do. I'll get on the next part of turn III right away.
>>
>>698946
I'm around for a couple of hrs but then gone for 6 or so
>>
>>698946
Running anytime soon?
>>
>>699756
Looks like he tried to fight a bear
>>
>>699861
Ha no, I just fucking get shit to do all the time and need to head off quickly. Gonna try again to format this for ya
>>
File: Sweden5.png (138KB, 972x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Sweden5.png
138KB, 972x1024px
>>694133
The count demands that he follow along his men, that they not get sidetracked. This would however mean that the count of Nyland's brother will have to stay in charge of the garrison, thus losing the experienced warrior and commander of the Hakkapeliita. Count Ekegran is himself in no shape for fighting, nor leading, but is very insistant. What is your course of action?

>>694145
The count of Gotland takes shelter, the army of Östergötland marches northwards along the coast (besieging the town in which he has taken shelter, but doesn't manage to block off the seapath). The storm will calm within a week.

>>694959
"The count of Östergötland. He has amassed command of the army stationed there, and now marches northwards in an attempted coup. Furthermore we have rumors of the Poles allying themselves with him, which would mean their navy could head north and block off any sea routes for our use. The city can hold a month in a siege, at best, and you have a total of 744 men at your disposal."

What is your course of action.
>>
>>703830
Ask for a meeting. Do I see my banners apposing me?

btw, who is next inline? I'm assuming that this guy isn't trying to put the polish king on the throne?
>>
>>703841
Well this is sort of complicated I suppose. The Poles have a claim to the throne, due to them being the same royal house, but the count of Östergötland wants himself there. However, the Poles may not really be interested in this.
>>
>>703849
Yea, it's a big fucking mess :) so who does the regent support? I really should of asked this when I was with him.
>>
>>703862
Story secret!
In all actuality, this is a power vacuum and anything can happen.
:D
>>
>>703830
Aw shit this looks bad. Conscript all able bodied men into a militia, lock the gates and keep the harbour open for resupply. Take food supplies from the outskirts of the city and start rationing
>>
Should probably run or find a new player QM
>>
>>704626
No no I can do this, I just have some goings on atm. I'll get you guys another update for now though, hold on.
>>
>>704665
>>704626
Also Norrland hasn't made an action, but I'll let him catch up afterwards
>>
>>703877
Military captains now go door to door in pubs, scouring the willing and not-so-willing local able bodied men into a armed (though poorly so) militia. If walking through the town, one could see people fleeing as soon as they can, taking what tidbits they have with them. The people grow slightly discontent at the taking of their stuff, but in general the mood is only unnerving in the wait for the arrival of the Östergötish army. The count of Öland can be seen leaving by way of the northern gate, moving northwards with a small retinue of bodyguards. All in all, you now have around 2600 or so people at defense of the city, though a large part of them being poorly armed and disgruntled. Your food supplies would last for around 2 months under favorable circumstances.
>>703841
You ask for a meeting with the besieging commander, a local noble from Tjust by the name of Jörgen Lilliefeldt. He seems a brash and hardy type, one who was formed himself through a lifetime of hardships and rough military living. Nonetheless, he has arrived to talk, along with two well armed bodyguards. You are situated about a yard outside the walls, you with your own small group of guards.

"Have you come to offer yourself in surrender, count of Gotland? Or have you come to make me laugh?"
>>
>>704725
Cocky aren't you, hmm, I don't remember seeing you in Germany?
As for why I asked for this meeting, simply a question or two, so humor an old man will you?
Why do you fight for this man? A man who instead of first diplomacy and the good of Sweden, would march an army and send the realm into civil war?
You know as well as I do the Danes, Russians and Poles would like nothing better to take from us what is ours. As we speak I know that there is a hostile fleet on it's way.
So I ask of you to not let brother fight brother, but to let the men who seek kingship to fight amongst themselves. Instead I ask you to prepare yourself and your men for the fight that will come. What say you?
>>
>>704725
Right, now that's all settled. Go to a private chamber and continue talking and sleeping with my mistress
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.