[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Giant Killing quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

File: Viking warrior Jaroslav Novak.jpg (71KB, 850x1009px) Image search: [Google]
Viking warrior Jaroslav Novak.jpg
71KB, 850x1009px
Hello everyone. This is a test quest in which Our main character,Uradugr, seeks a horrible creature in the heart of the mountain overshadowing his small village.

Another day without the warmth of the sun. It is an omen. The gods are not pleased.

It is not a surprise; children of Bskr and Emtla spill their own blood over gold, women and land. They are blind...blind to the god's ire. The Realms between worlds, they are crackling like a fragile egg. The great serpent shall swim free devouring everything along its path....

I am an Uradugr . A soul of many blessed by the gods. We are their tools to cleanse our realms of all sorts of madness.
The gods have spoken to me, the mountain sheltering my village have birthed a Marlderr . A giant of stone and death. I must impress the gods and kill it. Their Ire shall be quelled after its death.

My wife pleads, calling my attempt to appease the gods 'madness and a man's folly'. I am doing this for the sake of my wife, my unborn child and the whole village; the giant churning in the mountain's womb will get out someday, it will everyone in its path.

It must be done.

Before my venture to the heart of the mountain, I must visit the Ossbjarg, a stone dropped by the god's grace near my village. Their runes shall bless me in my journey; one for my head, two for my shoulders, one for my axe and one for my shield. There are other gods but they either view my kin as a vermin unworthy of their attention or they are the fathers and mothers of all evil, shunned by other gods...

Pick five runes for Head, shoulders, axe and shield. Each will provide either a offensive or a defensive bonus to our hero.

>Zusna [Goddess of nature and beauty]
>Risea [God of Fortune and Misfortune]
>Uldmerr [Goddess of betrayal and trickery]
>Yalmir [God of death and war]
>Livendae [Goddess of the sea and wind]
>Vadenikhane [God of Sun and Warmth]
>Yalmyar [Goddess of war and disease]
>Teflamenn [God of thunder and the sky]
> Mulketr [Goddess of the wild and the hunt]
>Oorfieran [God of the void and naught]
>>
>>688248
>Yalmir [God of death and war]
>>
well looks like there is no one around but you anon.
>>688269
Yalmir...

The god of war, He could not share the pain of death by himself and so he split his soul. Thus Yalmyar was born. Together as weds, they govern death, disease and war.

Offensive : Cry Yalmyar's name to induce Panic and fear of death to your enemies.

Livendae....

Goddess of the sea of wind, the herald of my kin in her domain of the sea. She is a cruel mistress saving some while swallowing others. The great serpent dares and defile her waters....

Defensive : Erect a sheet of water above your shoulders, will protect you against various projectiles and others.

Vadenikhane....

God of Sun and Warmth, A gentle god who provide happiness to everyone around him. His wrath however is unforgiving and ruthless.

Offensive : A burst of light shall blind everyone within its vicinity.

Teflamenn...

The Lone god of the skies. Isolation suits him well as his presence shall harm everyone around him. Thunder is but his divine tears.

Offensive : Your axe will strike foes one with Teflamenn's tear.

Mulkertr

Goddess of the wild and the hunt. A goddess with an unprecedented beauty. Some say she guise herself as the most elusive game. Should a hunter catches her, she shall bed with him.

Defensive : A would be-deathblow shall render you invisible for a limited time.
>>
The runes are set. I can feel their powers surging inside me. Today i shall please the gods. I shall dedicate my kill to one of these five....

The skies are sunless as i make my way to the mountain in the heart of the forest. The hunters chose to abandon this part of the forest; They spoke of a recent curse that turned the wolves mad and vile. They won't attack to fill their bellies. No....

'ts for the sake of blood and blood only.

Howls, heart-eating howls in the air. Tears of
Teflamenn dances on the tip of my axe. This no curse...this is the giant's undoing. It is using the wolves as mere pawns to protect the entrance to the mountain's womb. Be it Wolves or Serpents of old, naught shall stop me.

A lone wolf. With eyes of stone, it was unnatural. The beast was revisiting an old corpse of an unfortunate traveler . Why is it alone? Is it hunger that dictate its action? Is this a ruse set for me?

I may scare the thing, it may flee to its brethren or may be the entrance of the womb? It's death is more tempting for certain. Cowardice is not in my blood but i may let it live, i can trail its shadow in silence.

I....

>charged onwards
>Scared the wolf off. chased it
>Followed Mulkertr's steps, trailed the wolf's shadow.
>>
>>688448
>Followed Mulkertr's steps, trailed the wolf's shadow.
>>
File: Wolves_sketch.jpg (338KB, 1000x708px) Image search: [Google]
Wolves_sketch.jpg
338KB, 1000x708px
>>688454
The beast rips through rancid flesh gorging itself to fullness. When it can not eat no more, it trails its tracks.

I can hear Mulkertr's soft voice guiding me in her domain. My steps are light as feather. The ears of the wolf never perk up. It is clueless of my presence.

This silent path leads me to a small pack that is terrorizing the area. One, Two, Three, Four, Five, S-

A growl.

A rush.

My shield met the seventh wolf's fang as it tries to rip me from behind. The beast is fast and wise, It runs back to its pack after this failed sneak attack.

I don't have the element of surprise anymore. The pack growl in defiance; they do sense the gods backing my soul.

A circle, A vicious circle of dire wolves around me. They are waiting for the perfect moment to strike.
>Cry Yalmir's name, Charge towards the panicked foes [2/2 uses]
>Blind the beasts with Vadenikhane's light, Slaughter the stunned beasts [2/2 uses]
>Jump at one of the beasts with a Teflamenn's tear-powered strike [5/5 uses]
>Erect a sheet of water as a fang draws near [3/3 uses]
>Wait for what could be a deathblow, turn invisible and slip by without bloodshed [1/1 uses]
>>
>>688592
Let's 'Cry Yalmir's Name', but instead of attacking while they're panicked, let's make our way onward. The wolves may be cursed and mad, but if we finish our quest they'll return to being normal.

Is that a thing we can do, QM, or are we limited to only do the stuff you listed?
>>
>>688628
sure
>>
>>688628
Sounds good to me.
>>
>>688659
Right! Then let's do that. Bloodshed is perfectly fine when hunting or righting wrongs, but not when the poor creatures aren't themselves. Yalmir will understand. Put the fear of death in them, and charge past while they cower!
>>
>>688667
>>688672

I bellows Yalmir's name. I can feel a presence inside my. A presence that level a thousand mountain.

The stone eyes of the wolves aren't on me. No, I was on the silhouette of Yalmir behind me. None can stand his ire. None.

Like rabbits, they flee. All the courage, All nature's vile instinct. Lost.

I run away as well in an opposite direction; the entrance to the mountain's womb is close, I can feel it.

Yalmir smiles upon my action while a devious grin floats behind him.

Yalmyar.

In a way, she inherits the worst of him, the lust for blood shed, the scent of corpses and disease..the rot...the mangled. Together, they share the burden. My action should make her angry and yet she speaks in my mind.

"Uradugr, Minteh divay losmoh... Ulkrin vaan Lisne. Yalmir kole Derium. Uradugr, Yon triew Kaskahale."

Accept Yalmyar's rune? [Yalmir's rune shall be omitted]

>Yes
>No
>>
>>688771
Yes
>>
>>689297
i am sorry. i thought that the 2 hours of silence after my last reply sealed the fate of my quest. If you or anyone is around, please do reply
>>
>>690276
Yes! Let's accept Yalmyar!

What can go wrong?
>>
>>690276
/qst's a slow board and quests a slow-ass medium. New face here.
>>
>>690322
>>690339
well, i was about to drop the quest due to the lack of intrest but since both of you are here, shall i continue?
>>
>>690343
Sure! I had to sleep for the night, which is why I'd vanished.

New quests and new QMs kind of get like this. You really need to keep going- even if you only have one or two players- and more people will join up.
>>
>>690346
>>690339
>>690322

[Yalmir's Rune has been replaced with Yalmyar's Rune]

Offensive : Release an untold plague that will claim your and your foes' lives after years of agony and suffering.

Alas, I have found it, A narrow slit to the mountain's womb. So cold, So...bitter. Cruel ice entombs the wall of the passage i am taking. It grew narrower and narrower till i can barely squeeze in.

Then Space.

Corpses of men and beasts litter this entrance. All boneless, just pathetic flaps of flesh. I have no idea of the whereabouts of these piles of bone. Another thought for another time.

Drips of water echo and shatter the dread silence. My breathe grows short in the belly of the mountain. My sense of direction is lost; I ascend and descend in endless twirls and spirals...ups and lows. Still air is my sole companion. The gods watch over me, I shall prevail.

My steps lead me to a large clearing deep in the mountain. The ground shakes.

A heartbeat.

Of a giant.

It is close.

A giant door, an end to this maze lies ahead. Another soul awaits.

A woman in white, her eyes fix on the door up ahead. She slowly turn her gaze to me.

"Kind traveler, you have journeyed far into the heart of this scared place. If you value your safety. I wholeheartedly recommend leaving this place....and abandoning your false gods. The reign of giants draw near, the great serpent shall swim again..."

>Leave
>Don't leave
>>
>>690392
>Don't leave

This is our quest. We won't be scared off by the first thing that asks us.
>>
>>690411
"I see..." the woman's voice crackles "Do as you must, so will i....

The ground beneath me shatters; the heartbeat of the giant rocks the mountain even harder. A shriek escape's the woman's throat. Her bones....

Crackling, Churning ,ripping her fragile suit of skin and flesh. A monstrosity stands before me. One with twisted and mangled bones of men and beasts. Long slender arms flail in the air. Many jaws and maws biting still air and yearning for my flesh.

S-It charges towards me. I have little time to react to this boulder of bones.

I....

>Plagued myself and it with a disease from the gods [1/1 uses]
>Shined a blinding light against my inhuman foe [2/2 Uses]
> Charged head on with my blessed axe [5/5 uses]
>Erected a shield of water just before its ravaging assault [3/3]
>I waited a deathblow so The goddess of the hunt can render my invisible [1/1 Uses]
>>
>>690460
>Erected a shield of water just before its ravaging assault
>>
>>690463
Bones start to fly from the intensity of Livendae's blessing. The beast shrieks in defiance, it steps back away with a twisted grin on its face.

Much to my demise, The shattered bones reassemble themselves into another horrid formation. "Kind traveler,Ever since i was convinced, I was tasked to shelter this gentle womb from prying eyes. I am ages older than all of your kin combined. Like those who came before you, you do not stand a chance...your bones shall join the rest of me.""

A volley of bone shards bursts from this abomination, My shield protects my vital but not all of my body.. Blood trickles from various small cuts.

This beast is not outright attacking me. No....It is playing with me in this twisted game. i don't know why but i will not let these devious giggles disturb my thoughts.

I....

>Erected a shield of water just before its ravaging assault [2/3]
>I waited a deathblow so The goddess of the hunt can render my invisible [1/1 Uses]
>>
>>690517
>>
>>690517
>>> Charged head on with my blessed axe [5/5 uses]
Less defense and more rawr attacks!
>>
>>690572
A flash of light illuminates the place. It is warm,too warm. Rigid snow starts to melt. Bitter coldness retreats to other areas.

A crack.

In the ceiling and in the abomination's brittle bones. It stares at one of its hands. Cracks and then....

dust.

"B-but h-h-ow? No...this....th..." bones of yore disintegrate to mere dust. Useless dust.

Vadenikhane's wrath is palpable in its eyes. It grows desperate with only newer sets of bones shielding it from my axe. It jumps on the wall crawling like a blind spider. In any second, it will jump on me.

I....
>Shined a blinding light against my inhuman foe [1/2 Uses]
>Erected a shield of water just before its ravaging assault [2/3] Uses
>>
>>690620
Now that it is weakened, the thunderous force of our axe will tear it apart!
TEFLAMENN'S FURY GUIDE US
>>
>>690630
The tear of the skies dances on my axe when i drive it deep into the beast's malformed rib cages.

Pain and agony is apparent on the beast's twisted face. With one of its arms, It grabs me and throw my away. In my moment of disorientation, I can see it desperately trying to reassemble itself but these shattered bones belong to the gods now. It has no power over them.

"Ha....eugraahh...ah....aaah.." The beast can not sustain itself anymore. it reverts back to its former self.

A bloodied woman in white, her chest is bare....her heart beats without flesh or bones, Shards of bones penetrate her smooth white skin.

I stand up, wheezes escapes my chest; A rib or two. Broken. Bruises and Cuts. I can fight on. Yes....I can. I will ignore the pain.

I approach the bleeding woman, she has no power to stand up anymore. Her frail hand grabs my better leg.

"Do as you must, so will i..."

>End her life
>Head to the door
>>
>>690678
>End her life
>>
>>690687
>>49741581
A flow of cold blood escapes her heart after my last strike. I can feel her spending what strength she has on one last breath before succumbing to the gods. A chill ran through my leg as the woman flickers her eyes for the last time.

Dedicate this kill to:

>Yalmyar [Goddess of war and disease]
>none
>>
>>690716
>all of them
Each of them granted us the power to succeed. It is only right that we honour them all (if it can be done).
>>
>>690716
>Livendae, whose protection let strength be brought to bear.
>>
>>690728
>>690735
I raise my axe , the bloody of my enemy is offered to the Goddess of the sea and wind.

Suddenly, water starts to pour from voids of the unknown. Livendae loathes land; she have never set foot on dry land before.

I hold my breath as long as i can. When my vision starts to fail me. I can see a blur of Livendae's daughters, the maidens of the sea.

they coil around me giggling as they press their bare bodies against me. I was helpless to resist. Livendae and her daughters are in control.

One of her daughters looks at me straight in the eye. Her orbs are simply....divine.

"Uradugr, Val luesti caccisa. Marlderr kan venisp faza..."

I remember darkness afterwards, everything is wet and cold. All washed away after opening my eyes.

I am near the door leading to the mountain's womb. The giant's heartbeats are slow, steady.

My hand.

It glows with another rune from the goddess.

Offensive : Release a violent whirlwind from the palm of your hands.

>Take a brief respite
>Continue onwards
>>
>>690778
>Continue onwards

We will continue on, through fleet or snow or monsters.
>>
>>690778
>Continue onwards
Onwards. We will push on until the giant's heart stops.
>>
File: mePJFIi.jpg (52KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
mePJFIi.jpg
52KB, 1024x576px
>>690787
>>690791

Rest can wait, I must end this giant.

The door is sealed for ages long past, it requires some great effort to open it.

Behind the door is....is.....

A city of stone with Arching towers as if the whole city is for kings of kings. I have never seen such magnificence. This....this does not belong to our world. No.

This may be something beyond our grasp.

The beats of the giant echoes around me. they are everywhere in every rock taunting me. I felt....lost. Like a simple ant in a sea of darkness. My steps lead me to the largest structure i can find.

This is the largest warrior's hall i have ever seen except there is no filth, piss and hay around. No, clean cut stone for a floor. Luxurious and long rugs of cloth and gold, Statues of men and women of another time staring at the longest table i have ever seen.

This bizarre food is fresh and warm. Everything is clean and tidy, it will take days to prepare such a brilliant feast.

Yet no one is around.

"Pardon the lack of servants, Giant slayer. Everyone but me have perished long ago. Please do have a seat. we have much to discuss, old friend." a mysterious man utters these words.

At the head of the table he is. A rather slim man in clean leather suit, his face is veiled by a black sheet of smooth cloth.

>Sit, feast and fill your belly
>Refuse, Draw your axe
>>
>>690861
>Sit, feast and fill your belly.

Thank the man, of course- it's only polite.
>>
>>690865
From where i come from, Hospitality is a sacred tradition. I may not know the true intention of this host but i will not refuse his hospitality.

I take a seat, the chair is very comfortable, The food is foreign yet delicious. The meat is too juicy, the soup has a perfect consistency and so on.

My host is silent the whole time. The food inside my belly renovates my body. The pain is slowly fading away.

The host clears his throat before speaking "I hope this was satisfactory, old friend. I can't believe i am actually meeting you again. It has been years...no decades....time is useless here."

The host stands up slowly approaching me "In another time, you will find a rather dull cave inside of this...place. you will go on and face the giant. The death of this particular giant ignite a peculiar sets of events..."

A trail of blight and rot follows his finger across the table. Food, forks, everything decay under a mere touch " A giant slayer was born that day. The gods have rewarded you...and others handsomely for their services. The great serpent can not swim without powerful giants."

I kept my axe next to me " You and the gods fail to realize the nature of yourself. As an ascended being for your slayings, you lived forever. All the joys the world can provide was already yours, my old friend. All the power bestowed upon you, you unleashed it...."

Silence lingers in the air for a moment "The giant.... reborn, The gods...dead and the great serpent...free. This is or rather was the last structure standing in my wolrd. I could not stop you back then. You were simply too powerful for the gods let alone myself. I cut through history's weave to reach this point...."

I back away the moment he is mere inches next to me "We waited...and waited....and waited. Perhaps it is my fault but everything was going into the serpent's gullet...I had little time to prepare."

"Giant slayer, please go back. Let the giants reclaim this land....Let the great serpent swim again. You can not stop this fate....It is useless to delay the inevitable."

>Leave, Spend the last of your days with your wife and child
>Refuse.
>>
>>690969
>Refuse

Our wife and child might not see us again. But many other men have wives and children, and children will have their own wives, and life will continue.

That is worth delaying the inevitable. Each new generation is a new generation of love and progress. The Great Serpent would see nothing but hunger and death and silence. The Giant's birth would doom our village. But to fight, to keep fighting...

Refuse, Uradugr. It is your duty. Our duty.

Bring Yalmyar's wrath against the Great Serpent. Even if it doesn't kill the beast, it will delay the inevitable even further.
>>
>>690969
>Refuse

I will see this inevitable for myself. And you, in due time, stranger.
>>
File: 1476107438831.jpg (13KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1476107438831.jpg
13KB, 200x200px
>>690969
Oh dude, that's fucking GORGEOUS.

I'mma take a note from you, this is badass! Props, OP!
>>
>>690998
"Stubborn as ever. All these years....no matter. Mother, It is time."

Everything around me starts to wither and to rot. The stench of a thousand death surrounds me.

A corpse rose from the floor. Twisted and mangled beyond recognition. It shies away from me; she rips her very rotten skin to cover the main entrance of the hall blocking the exit. Black tears trails from its hollow orbits.

The host takes off the top of his clothes revealing a well toned body with lots of scratched runes. The veil remains however.

"Old friend, We have fought together many time ago. I suggest switching to something new to baffle me. Be wary of any contact, everything i touch withers and dies. I am very good with my sword and a bow made for one hand only . I can cut through history's weave but such task requires an immense amount of power...overdoing it will condemn my death for certain. No gods have a claim on this body....not anymore at least."

The host had an elegant sword and a strange small contraption on his other hand. He is waiting for me to act first.

I....

>Shined a blinding light against my irredeemable host [1/2 Uses]
> Charged head on with my blessed axe [4/5 uses]
>Erected a shield of water just before his ravaging assault [2/3 Uses]
> waited for a deathblow so The goddess of the hunt can render my invisible [1/1 Uses]
>summoned a whirlwind of death against my foe [2/2 uses]
>Other
>>
>>691045
its nothing. I am not worthy of any praise really.
>>
>>691075
>Charge

And resolve henceforth to be a trickster hero when in sight of your fellow man. He knows you then. He does not know you now.
>>
>>691324
"Interesting...." I can't describe it but his moves....so fluid and agile. My axe keeps missing every time. When it clashes with his foreign sword, the metal of this sword is forged from something else...this is no iron. It is something stronger.

The host surprises me with a round kick, the table softens my landing. He doesn't attack while i am downed "Come on old friend, this is not the mold of a giant slayer I know. Isn't that right, Mother?"

The stretched corpse weeps to no end ignoring us both "Do forgive her, This was her last will before her death...please forgive my rambling and proceed to show me your best, Old friend..."

I....

>Erected a shield of water just before his ravaging assault [2/3 Uses]
> waited for a deathblow so The goddess of the hunt can render my invisible [1/1 Uses]
>Other
>>
>>691424
>mold

Mould i mean
>>
>>691424
>Charge again, and call on Livendae not to deflect your host's next strike, but pull it in.

Be the riptide, and see how he bleeds.
>>
>>691572
"Again? well, I suppose we can d-" the host loses his sword when the sheet of water pulls it away instead of the usual deflection. The elegant sword is thrown at the very corner of this great hall.

The host stands still, not even looking at his sword. "Impressive." Even without a sword, he is nimble enough to avoid the edge of my axe. "The giants you slew weren't all barbaric and brutal. Some where dangerously cunning. Now shield your shoulder..."

Before i can react, a small arrow goes through my left shoulder from his smaller contraption "Don't worry, It is not dipped in poison. Trickery is not a choice i take. May you fend yourself from the second and the third shot...."

Another Volley....
>Erected a shield of water just before contact [1/3 Uses]
>summoned a whirlwind of death against the volley [2/2 uses]
>Other

i think i will go to sleep after this. we can continue tommorrow, right?
>>
>>691780
Pierce ourselves with our own blade- A true deathblow. And then let the goddess of the hunt shield us with invisibility, just long enough to hack at his tendons.

>Yeah, we can continue tomorrow. Threads last pretty long- a week- even if they're not being bumped.
>>
>>691810
Our host knows us as a trickster already. Be bold!
>>
>>691862
>The blinding light, before he can shoot again!
>>
anyone around?

i feel like i can run for a couple of hours
>>
>>693781
I'll be here for 2-3 hours
>>
>>693852
sounds good. I will start now.
>>
Fears slips away from my heart as I grab my axe priming it to my very heart. Before I deal what will be a death below, The goddess of the hunt shelters me from prying eyes.

"Clever...." The host can't hear my steps either, I am a predator in Mulkertr's eyes; he is but a game to prey on.

The host's primal instincts warn him of the dangers behind his back. My axe grazes his midsection. His gut is almost opened.

The flaying corpse shrieks, it attempts to escape her web of torn skin to reach me. Clutching to his wound, the host fires another arrow at me while backing away. It bounces off my shield. Even his blood soils what is around him.

"It is alright Mother....please stay calm. it will be over soon..."

He focuses on me once more "Aaah, the morbid sense of inevitability...Now is not my time, not yet...not yet.."

A blue void swallows him in a blink. I look around but he is no where to be found. Moments later, The host emerges from another void next to his sword.

He looks...Older, his skin. Pale.

"A delightful strike, Old friend. Let us continue..." The host dashes towards me. He grabs his sword with his two hands in a peculiar stance.

His Charge is imminent.

I....
>Plagued myself and him with a disease from the gods [1/1 uses]
>Erected a shield of water just before his ravaging assault [1/3 Uses]
> Prayed to the goddess of the hunt to cover me under her shadows [roll a 100]
>Other
>>
>>693921
Our light will blind his charge, then it will be the time to strike.
>>
>>690392
>>Leave
>>Don't leave

Don't give a choice when you only want one of the answers. What would you have done if >Leave had been chosen?
>>
>>693921
>>Shined a blinding light against my irredeemable host
>>
>>693941
>>693967
A bright light blinds the hall. I charge toward my dazed opponent knocking him on the floor. i dive my axe straight in his chest.

A smile escapes his pale lips, his breath was weak, Again, the host fires another arrow in such a close distance. Naturally, I erect my shield and then....

Pain.

A thousand burn coiled in hot iron around my wrist. I can feel it.

His cold hand trailing off my wrist.

"I... can...cut through history's weave. Now is not my time...not yet...not yet." The host jumps into another void only to appear moments later.

I curl and wither on the floor, my hand is growing dark and cold, I can no longer feel my fingers let alone carry my shield properly.

The host looks older, wrinkles start to appear.
"The goddess of disease governs your body, it seems. Otherwise, you will be dead by now. Well the rot continues...It is your choice, Old friend."

I can feel it spreading beyond my wrist. So bitter. So cold.

>Continue fighting the host
>Cut the rotten hand
>>
>>694018
>Cut the rotten hand
We can still attach the shield to our forearm.
>>
>>694050
What i am about to do....

Madness.

No, this is no longer my hand; it is but a source of blight. I...I..must cut it off before it is too late.

One swing.

One cry.

It is not over. Burning, the pain. It must be ignored. Dazed, I stand up. I look at my foe with anger and rage. My hand lies lifeless on the floor.

The ground shakes with the heartbeats of the giant "It can feel your presence. It is...scared of the giant slayer. A shame that is, your death."

We dance another round of blades. He is slower, more sluggish than last time. The flaying corpse weeps and weeps the more we tangle together.

I can feel him, he is growing weak, barely able to catch up with me. In a swift move, I severe his arm.

The host bellows, his screams are fine tunes to my ear "Now... is not my-"

I don't give him a chance, he vanishes before my axe can render him headless. The void swallows him once more.

The flaying corpse has lost its temper, it jumps on me from behind crying and screaming. Its rotten jaw yearning for my flesh.

"It is alright mother....It is done. You can have your rest." The host is but a frail old man, he limps to a chair and sits on it.

The corpse turns into dust afterwards. i focus my attention on the old host. He finally unveils himself "It was her wish....To see the man she loved and wedded to. Perhaps...I was wrong after all.... father. "

"What? What is this nonsense?" This can't be true.

"After you very first feat, you demanded the best for your wife and unborn child.. This very child stood by his father against giants years later. He too was blessed by the gods with runes as his father."

The liar coughed, his skin is flaying, his hair is falling "But this son realized the true nature of gods. They treat us as pawn to further their goal and to crush their enemies. They underestimated you father. They paid for it. I abandoned the gods searching for better way to make myself powerful enough. That was before their fall..I thought your death shall turn history's weave but alas i am wrong. We all are..."

"Father, please forgive me... please leave...Let the great serpent have its fill. Let it go back to slumber...in my time, the great serpent shall never sleep until it swallows everything...."

>Kill the host [Dedicate your kill to a certain god]
>Leave him alive

then
>Proceed onwards
>Leave the mountain's womb
>>
>>694167
>Leave him alive

No matter what he's tried, he's still our son. But...

But the greater thing to do- the greatest thing-

>Wait.
>Wait for the giants to rise, the Great Serpent to awaken from its slumber
>Slay it.
>>
>>694187
Black blood drips from the host's wounds. he has little time to live "Fath...er. The serpent. I-I is an aspect. A fundamental stone.... of our world. It is the end and the beginning. Your ... past self can not defeat it. Death has no reign over the serpent....It can only...."

"... be put back to slumber."

A pain erupts in my heart as the host passes away. I feel i have lost something. Can it be true? Is this man my son? Is this woman my wife?

The serpent...I can not kill what can't be killed. I must find a way to put it back to slumber.

End

I didn't see this coming. The whole test quest can be summarized as a prologue to man who wishes to alter his future. Be it with the blessings of the gods or not.

It was nice despite its glaring flaws. I must thank everyone for partaking in this trainwreck. I doubt i will continue but well, If anyone wants to then be my guest.

Have a great night, everyone.
>>
>>694246
Thanks for running, anon!
>>
>>694246
Great quest, dude.
Really looking forward to seeing you run another one.
Have a good night.
>>
>>694246
Thanks for running this.
>>
Damn, a great quest OP, felt like reading a short story. Wish I could participate. Too bad it ended so abruptly.

Hope you QM more.
>>
>>688248

Dude loved reading this
Hope to ether see you do one latter oen in its timeline ir more things
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.