[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civilisation Thread -op will take long to answer edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20161010_120835.jpg (3MB, 2300x6400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161010_120835.jpg
3MB, 2300x6400px
So, i figured i wanted to start a civ thread(first two choose race and place). But i also have many obligations on the week and i type slow, besides that /qst/ is a really slow place so i figured that if i take long but make decent stuff it runs better than if i try to keep with the movement and get no idea of what to do.
Also, I dont feel confortable Playing with races such as constructs, elementals or slimes. But if you guys want it, fine by me
>>
>>686666
Elves
Forest

Also nice quads you got there
>>
>>686694
A sign from the gods
>>
>>686666
Bullywugs on and island!
No one ever wants to do frog people
>>
>>686724
support if dubs

if not, Tundra Polar bear Ursine
>>
>>686666
dwarf mountain
>>
>>686666
Treants; Forest
>>
>>686724
support
>>
>>686724
Supporting this
>>
>>686694
support
>>
>>686936
>>686892
>>686724
Not from the land, nor from the water. The frog folk has lived over a long time in a fragile social structure over the large islands where they currently live, being passives beings on nature over small family groups that have many times conflicted before.
But now things have changed, the rise of a new unknown predator that is silently killing the bullywogs made the traditional peace and carelessness give place to a more strict social structure that relies not only of survival tactics but also social organisation and mobilisation to survive from the hardships of life and subject nature and other civilisations to their need to grow and live.

>Choose a government archetype(will be able to change over time):
>Oligarchy
>Bond vassalage
>Despotism

>Choose a ruling orientation:
>Military regiment (military)
>Populist leadership (Diplomacy/building and administration)
>Technocrats(research/magic)

>Create a settlement:
>Underwater
>On the island

>Magic:Long tongue, poisonous touch
>Technology: wood and stones equipment, hunt making
>Heroes:none
>Empire happiness: +10
>Population: 100 mature frogs.

After choosing the options above, pick one focus

>A: Building
>B: Military
>C: Research
>D: Explore and scout
>E: Empire management
>F: Magic research
>>
>>687676
>Oligarchy
>Underwater

>>
>>687676
>Oligarchy
>Military regiment (military)
>Underwater
>>
>Oligarchy
>Underwater

>D. Explore and Scout
>>
>>687865
>>687808
>>687711
The power is a precious commodity and only few are able to safely use from it to rule and protect the frog folk, using of the study and practice of the gifts of nature to intelligently survive through the islands.
The House Reef-born rises to power to provide a new era of enlightenment and Wonder to the bullywogs.
The City [choose name] is founded underwater using from wholes and other natural shelters to hide and protect your people.
You send 5 scouts to explore the water and some others to check the islands, the description of the territory they give to you is:
>The waters are warm and full of live in a really wide territory, there is plenty of medium sized fish, enough to feed your populace if there is a shortage of insects in the land. Nothing from the Enemy was found and we have not encountered with any sapient life beings.
>The islands are big, it has a dense jungle and a weather that heavily variates from a melting hot sunny day to furious storms. The fauna is largely made of insects, small mammals and parrots.

Stats: No change

Options:
> A: Building/improvement
> B: Military
> C: Research
> D: Explore and scout
> E: Empire management
> F: Magic research
You can also specify the options above
>>
>>688083
Lets name our city Amabie
And focus on > B: Military
>>
>>688145
How?
>>
>>688189
Well we dont have any enemies to fight so calling it a military might be a stretch but we could focus on better arming our hunters and scouts against predators and such
>>
>>688083

> City name : Parmouth

> Scouts find: The waters are warm and full of live in a really wide territory, there is plenty of medium sized fish, enough to feed your populace if there is a shortage of insects in the land. Nothing from the Enemy was found and we have not encountered with any sapient life beings.

> Research: Nets

Is OP drunk?

Their last post barely made sense...
>>
>>688263
Sadly a little, i make quests on /qst/ when i want to flee from everyday obligations and things that can possibily improve my life like caring to my future or caring to pursue a 8/10 qt I know that I had a thing with some years ago.
Im also not a native english speaker and i get a little confused sometimes.
I should post a feels thread on /b/ but sometimes I feel like these threads are just a bunch of dudes being gay and emo
>>
>>688263
I support the nets idea, from there we can think about maybe building a ship yard and boats to reach out to other possible inhabitants.
>>
>>688263
+1 for nets
>>
>>688470
>>688424
>>688263
>>688211
Going for nests, gonna sleep now
>>
>>688540
You gather the most important members of House Reef-born and settle a goal to create a new tool that will potentially improve the hunt and protection of the frog folk.
And so, after many failed attempts and insights of impossible machines, using of local hard seaweed and stone weights, they come up with the Net technology. The Net, that requires little handwork and almost none resources, shows itself to be so great that it rapidly creates a food surplus, making few hunters get enough food to feed the entire population and allowing the other animals focus on other areas.

>Rolled d100= 55+10(technocracy bonus)— 60 needed.

>Magic: long tongue, poisonous touch
>Technology: Nets, seaweed craft, stone and wood materials
>Heroes: one
>Empire happiness: +10
>Population: 100 mature frogs
Choose an option

> Building/improvement
> Military
> Research
> Explore and scout
> Empire management
> Magic research
> Other
>>
>>690063
>breed
>>
>>690109
Breeding will happen eventually on the breeding season, although government management can find ways to incentive intercourse and protect eggs
>>
>>690151
>>690109
fine

>> Empire management
to improve population growth:
>once maturity, if they are not paired, they will by govt
>incentive and govt financial support for each offspring raised
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-11-11-01-12.png (746KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-11-11-01-12.png
746KB, 720x1280px
With coming of the breeding season, you start to take care to make the right measures to assure high fertility rates that will help to protect the land of your empire and enhance the workforce, with that in mind, House Reef-born will use the food surplus to feed the young bullywogs that are not able to change, at the same time that by means of Beurocracy, the frogs are paired to mate.
>The breeding season comes (3 turns)
The population starts to highly esteem you, deeply appreciating these decisions, the collectivisation of food and protection efforts to feed the young ones has made the bullywogs free to mate without having to worry about prole raising.
>+370 Eggs(per turn)
>100 bullywogs
>Empire happiness +20
> Heroes: none
>Technology: Nets, woodworking, stone working, weed craft
> Magic: poisonous touch, long tongue

Choose an option
>A: Building/ improvement
>E: Magic research
>F: Other
>>
>>691238
Also, am I passable as an civ thread op?
>>
>>691270
A civ op*
>>
>>691238
+1 for a
I think we should start building on the land. The more we expand the better off we are in the long run.

>>691270
As long as you dont get bored 5 post in and quit you literally cant mess up. I think you're doing a fine job so far
>>
>>691874
Thanks, also
What kind of building?
>>
>>691933
Since we dont know if were the baddest thing on land yet lets see if we can find some kind of salt water marsh on the coast to start a few frog houses on and if things get weird were still close enough to bail to open water
>>
>>692168
>>691874
You send some settlers to find and colonise water spots on the island. They find a lake unconnected to the sea about 30 minutes from Parmouth-Amabie and quickly take claim of underwater wholes as a temporary colony That may become a settlement if confirmed to be safe for the frog people.
------------------------
The rapid increase of eggs is taking a lot of space and some bullywogs have already started to loose their shelters to give place to these egg a well protected place, an urgent action must be done to manage this problem
> A: throw the eggs away, granting us a bigger wild life diversity over us and more possibilities of growth,we need space and the quality of life of the bullywogs may not be put in danger over these eggs
> B: give the eggs to the bullywogs research the magical and scientific properties of life
> C: Send the eggs to the colony, it is risky and hard to manage but it's the only way
> D: Let one bullywog sleep shelterless at least one night of the week, so we can guarantee that the eggs have a safe place and the bullywogs won't revolt so easily.

Turn action.
>A: Building/improvement
>E: Magical research
>F: Empire management
>G: Other
OBS: it's always good when you specify the items, be it to create a wonder, a new architect style or more settlement on building, Settling a coin or create an institute on empire management.

>740 eggs
>90 bullywogs at Parmouth-Amabie while 10 at the inner island colony
>Techs: woodwork, stonework, weedcraft, Net use
>Magic: poisonous touch, longue tongue
>Heroes: none
>Happiness: +15
>>
>>692397
> C: Send the eggs to the colony, it is risky and hard to manage but it's the only way

>A: Building/improvement
improve shelter in colony and man them
>>
>>692397

> Research: Fire
>>
>>692397
>> C: Send the eggs to the colony, it is risky and hard to manage but it's the only way
>>F: empire management
Lets send some we trust manage the new colony and make sure things are running smoothly
>>
>>692713
>>692627
>>692591
Consensus?
>>
>>693257
sure
>>
>>693261
Although im already going for send the eggs to the colonies, I'd like to know if everyone agrees about the action.
>>
>>693267
i am not here to reject and i dont think anyone here want to protest these ideas
>>
>>693268
>>693261
My point is: each action is different from another, what action should I write about?
>>
>>693271
The decision is yours. The best way to combine them or you can just roll for it to pick one.
>>
>>693272
Alright then, also are you guys
>>693272
>>693268
>>693261
The same person?

You choose to send the eggs to the colonies to clean the space for the frogs, while also sending 10 mature frogs and Tidehoard, a House Reef-born family member, to exercise control over them and administrate and better analyse the living conditions of the colony. The first act taken by the ultra-island colony is to enlarge and to improve the shelter, enough to make it a house-warehouse.
Meanwhile, you settle your people in a land research to discover the nature of sun and how is it possible to tame it to the advancement of your tiny society
Rolled d100 26+10, 60 needed.
Although your people learn a thing or two about the sun, too much exposure of the scholars of the sun rays has dried their skins, boosting their ageing process. This uncanny event was never seen before and it makes your people take the Sun and the fire as Demoniac figures.
>A: Institutionalise this faith
>B: Ban this faith
>C: Other
The breeding season ends

>Parmouth-Amabie
>90 mature frogs
>720 eggs
>Shelters and government

>Colony
>10 mature frogs
>340 eggs
>Shelter-warehouses

>Technologies: Net, woodworking, stone work, weedcraft
>Magic: poisonous touch and long tongue
>Heroes: Tidehoard
>Happiness: +20
>Architecture style: shelter-warehouses
>Unity problems: none
>Wonders: none
Choose an option
>A: Building/Improvement
>>
Rolled 6, 3 + 26 = 35 (2d6 + 26)

>>693288
yep, and sorry, but i assure you of no samefagging in voting and rolling.

>C: Other
Let free, do nothing to interrupt

Food resource to cater later large increase in population. Possibly like large scale netting like towing huge net to by community effort?
>>
>>693288
Also choose colony action
>>
>>693297
Colony action:

and is the roll correct?
>>
>>693301
Well, my rolling system isn't really complex and pretty much improvised until now, in science matters i just roll a d100 and it needs to be 6(10- technology stat on the chart)*10, adding 10 because of the technocracy government Orientation.
Over events I roll a d6 and for the fertility rate I divided it by half, multiplied by the breeding chart aspect, rolled a d100 that added 20 to the normal fertility rate.

Also I know this is fantasy and I shouldn't care about all that but frogs can't live in the sea and that is triggering my autism a little, I need to find some explanation for that
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>693304
i rolled it wrong then as it was (2d6 + 26)
>>
>>693308
Gonna wait for another answer, pretty ok with taking things slow
>>
>>693295
>>693301
+1 also we should try to secure a supply line from the ocean to our colony
>>693304
I know that autism feel friend i figured we'd be on a swampy island, but I really like making us tropical frog people.
How many tech turns till we master the pina colada?
>>
File: images.jpg (29KB, 429x343px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
29KB, 429x343px
>>693467
Well, to research each tech, you need only one good roll and one turn, if you have other required techs, so for pina collada you would have to research alcohol fermentation, that is already a go, since you barely need other tech other than woodcraft and weedwork.
------------------------------
It is not the duty of a government to afirmate or deny a popular belief, you allow the frogs to freely practice their cult, the fear quickly spreads through the bullywogs population, that develop a general fire and sun phobia.
The colony Frogs start to scout secure paths to reach out Parmouth-Amabie, finding out that, although land paths seem to be quicker to get to the capital, it is safer to jump through the trees to avoid common predators.
The bigger quantity of insects above the colony, hence it's inner jungle location, makes the food surplus grow even bigger than the capital, being stored at the shelter-warehouses together with the eggs and the other bullywogs.
While that, in the capital, your populace, over complete individual initiative, start to prepare nets all over the city, hooking it to the ground and using it to boost the hunt, serving as well as town protection over sea predators.
The hatching season comes closer

>Parmouth-Amabie
>90 mature frogs
>720 eggs
>Shelters, government, Net-traps
>Food: Steadfast

>Colony
>10 mature frogs
>340 eggs
>Shelter-warehouses
>Food: Extreme food surplus

>Technologies: Net, woodworking, stone work, weedcraft, Net-traps
>Magic: poisonous touch and long tongue
>Heroes: Tidehoard
>Happiness: +20
>Architecture style: shelter-warehouses(colony only)
>Culture: Fire/Sun aversion
>Unity problems: none
>Wonders: none
Choose an option
>A: Building/Improvement
>>
>>693586
Explorer downstream on the nearest waterway.
>>
>>693586
How long can we stay out of water for?
>>
>>693663
Virtually forever, as long as you do not reproducie and your skin does not dehydratate
>>
>>693586
Lets research music and try to keep our soon to be over populated civ happy
>>
File: Sem Título-1.jpg (70KB, 972x738px) Image search: [Google]
Sem Título-1.jpg
70KB, 972x738px
>>694561
>>693663
Consensus?
also my first failed map attempt
>>
>>694615
Oh I thought the exploration was the colony action. My bad we'll explore
>>
>>694615
Gun sleep
>>
I think im closing off the thread for the week, im starting a new one Monday
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.