[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Road Trip through the AfterLife Quest 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: skeleton1.jpg (27KB, 236x297px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton1.jpg
27KB, 236x297px
Welcome to what I hope will be the first installment of a continuing quest that I call "Road Trip through the Afterlife". This is my first ever quest so I hope you'll al cut me some slack if I mess up at times, and have suggestion you'd think might help.

The rules are pretty straight forward, and use 1d100 system where I take the best out of the first 3 roles, but will occasionally do an average of 3 out of the first 5 rolls for certain events if the majority wants it. 1 being the worst, and 100 the best. I do count critical roles so good luck not getting any 1's.

I will try to update frequently, but can't make any promises since I have midterms coming up soon, but on average will do a deadline of a 1to 2 hours where course of action picks made after will not be accepted, unless for a tie breaker.

If possible I'll also try to add a character sheet, since I want to add perks, abilities etc. that can effect whats happens to make it more fun for the player.
>>
You didn't see it coming, even if you did though you couldn't say for certain if you would of cared. No flash of your (short) life in a blink of an eye, no thoughts about what you would of done differently, and past regrets you could no longer get closure with. Just a sudden surge of pain, and you lying on the ground, you looking at the sky unable to move, or speak. The last thing you saw was a sudden group of people around you, with a variety of expressions on their faces ranging from shock to disgust. Some on their phones that you would of hoped if you were thinking clearly had 911 on the other end, able to see their mouths move, but not hear them. Only the sound of your breathing becoming more, and more shallow by the breath.

That was the last thing you saw in your final moments, then things started to get hazy, then fade, and then you saw nothing at all as darkness took over your vision. All of this occurring in only a time of a few moments before your mind could makes sense of what had happened to you.

But again could you say for certain that you'd actually care?
>>
The darkness has consumed you, things are cold, you're freezing as if the Sun was blocked out during a blizzard, and its pitched black around you, but that doesn't make sense right? The news said it was 80 degrees today, it couldn't after all just a moment ago you were laid on the asphalt bleeding out,... Thats right... you remember you were dying, something had hit you, and send you flying before you could realize it. The thing you remember was being on the ground, all those people looking at you ( you never liked getting attention) and then the darkness... this darkness.

As you look around you can feel something, or in this case lack of it. You realize you can't feel anything, and more surprisingly your not actually laying on anything either,in fact you're floating! Things just seem to be getting from bad to worse for you, apparently dying wasn't enough. You don't know whats going on, only that less than a hour ago you were worried if you had studied enough for your bio test, and that you were now floating in what seemed to be a pitch black void.
For some reason though you know you should be freaking out but you can't. For some reason you don't feel nervous, scared, or even worried,and you don't even know why. Instead something just clicks in your head, and you close your eyes. You can't really tell how much time has gone by, maybe a few minutes when you feel something on your face. Its warm, the cold you originally felt is starting to disappear from your face, and the rest of your body.

You open your eyes, and see a small light appear in the darkness growing larger by the second until it stops.

>A. You feel an urge, something compelling you to go to it, you don't know why that is, but you feel you can trust it, so you do, and into the light you go...

>B. Maybe not how do you know for sure you did this, and its not some type of trick?

>C. Write- In
>>
>>682498
>A. Go to the light
You are in someone else's magical realm, you have no power here, might as well comply.
>>
>>682933

>A.

You feel an urge, something compelling you to go to it, you don't know why that is, but you feel you can trust it, so you do, and into the light you go...

Just then you find yourself standing back at your college back from wherever that void place was. You don't know how, and you don't really care, you're just happy to be back, even though you know you should be wondering what that place was, and how you got there in the first place. You look around a little more, and realize that your at the spot where you originally got hit, or at least thought you did your fine now though by the looks of it though. You don't know what it was, but you must of just been day dreaming, how else could you explain it? Studying for that test for the last few days made you lose a lot of sleep so your mind must of been doing something weird because of it.

(1/2)
>>
>>683354

Looking around a little more you see a crowd in the street, and decide to go see what its about. You can't really see what everyone's looking at being in the back, you try, and ask people around you, but it looks like their all just focused on whats, in the center, or ignoring you. You tap on the shoulder of someone next to you, and are in shock when you your hand goes into their arm, making that person shiver in a moment of goosebumps. You can't process what's happening you do it again trying to touch people around you, getting the same results every time, even yelling in the fact of one person, only to make it seem like that person doesn't even know you're there. Something in the back of your mind hits you, and you race towards the center of the crowd doing what could only be described as "phasing" through people to do it. Reaching the center your worse fears are realized. You, see your body is on the ground lifeless.

It hit's you your dead, and even more a ghost.

You slink away unable to handle it, looking back just as the police, and paramedics arrive. You can't be sure, but you think you can hear one of the cops call for a body bag before they even see you.

You don't know what you're gonna do now, you don't know how to "live" as a ghost. As you try to think back to all the things you heard about ghost from tv, to movies you hear a voice besides you. You do a quick glance over before Turing back. No way you think is this guy talking to me, you're dead after all.

"Um... hello? Kinda rude to ignore somebody right next to you."

You jump back in shock, realizing this person can see you. You try to recover doing your best not to seem intimidated. Who wouldn't though you think, when you actually take in a moment to look at the "person" talking to you. You guess he had to be at 6 feet tall, dressed in clothing you remember seeing your grand dad wearing in old black and white photos. The most eye catching feature being his eyes, which looked almost unnaturally blue that seem to drill into you.

"Ahh, you mean me? You.. you can see, and hear me?" is all you can say.

"Well, yea it's not like there's any other dead people around here besides you, unless we check out the trunk of the creepy janitor's car."

"So I am dead, I actually died your telling me, but if I am dead why am I still well you know here, and what was that dark place, and who are y..."

You get interpreted before you could continue your line of questioning by the man.

"Wow there kid, I understand how you most be feeling right now, we've all been there, but you gotta calm yourself a little. I'll answer your questions, but we have to make it quick since you have to stick to your appointment. Whatever questions we don't finish hear I'll answer there ok?"
>A. Who are you, my guardian angel, or something, the grim reaper

>B. What was that place, why was it so cold, and what was that light

>C. What appointment are you talking about

> Write-in
>>
Let's just skip ahead to the bit where we get to name ourselves Manny Calavera.
>>
>>683363
>>B. What was that place, why was it so cold, and what was that light
>>
>>690558
Almost don't worry
>>690751
>B

You ask the man about what that cold place was

"You mean the void? Ah.. how should I put this?"

The think for a few moments before responding

That place you were in is called "The Void", at least that's, what we call it. You would probably better know it as Limbo, or Purgatory. To put it better, think of it as a transfer, or stopover. Say you're flying from point A to point B, but you have to do a layover to get there, that's what the Void is for."

" When a human dies their "essence", or "soul" as you guys call it aren't always able to go straight to the next "world" assigned for them for whatever reason, so they go their until whatever it is makes them go over. Time as you know it doesn't exist there so you can spend a minute to an eternity there, and it would only be an instance over on this side. The wait isn't that long usually... so don't worry."

"Anything else you wanna ask?"

>You can ask him one more question.

>A. Who are you, my guardian angel, or something, the grim reaper

>B. Ok we can go now

>Write in
>>
>>690884
>>C. What appointment are you talking about
>>
>>691900

You ask him about the appointment, and what's it for.

"Your appointment of course." he replies.

"Whenever somebody dies, and goes to their assigned world,over the veil, or basically their afterlife, since it has so many names they have to be processed on arrival."

"Processed?" you say both shocked, and confused.

"Well yea, what were you expecting angels, trumpets playing, with Jesus waiting for you at the gates? No way a guy that high up in management would do field work unless you were a VIP, and the last time he did that was for Elvis. I know it doesn't sound glamorous but its how it done. Do you have an idea how many people die just in a single day? If we didn't have this giant bureaucracy in place the whole thing would just be chaos, hell it be the Apocalypse. Let me be the first to tell you that you guys forgot the last guarantee, besides death, and taxes. It's paper work, and I mean a lot...

"Yea, I didn't know what I expected honestly, I mean who thinks about something like that? But... but not this. Not something so average seeming, and done so none nonchalant ya'know?"

"Look kid I you gotta understand when you've been doing this job as long as me you get a little bit tired of answering the same questions over, and over, were you all just start to blend. I would like to be sympathetic I really would, but I had three jobs before you , and another four after. Hell one of them's a group assignment with a ten car pile up, and that's all before launch. Then of course you have the odd person who can't accept they died, so that's another issue that's never fun. Honestly sometimes I think they messed up on my paperwork, and I put me in Hell."

You feel like crap after hearing what he said, and it shows on your face. You, just died, and discovered there's an afterlife. Not how you expected it, but real all the same.

Sensing the trouble on your face, and feeling a little bad for his insensitivity he puts his hand on your shoulder, and looks you right in the eye.
>1/2
>>
>>692791

>(2/2)

"Hey, sorry about that ,we've all been through what your feeling right now when newly dead. I remember the guy that was assigned to my case, some pissed of civil war general that threatened to shove his saber up my ass if I didn't get moving. Trust me though when I say you'll get use to it in time. I did, and so will you."

Feeling a little cheered up by the talk you're able to make let out a small "Thanks", with the suited man returning a quick "No problem." with an added small smirk.

"Well lets get going, times to see what next in your new life" He says while turning away from you until he stops, turning back as if he just realized something important.

"By the way, I just realized I didn't introduce myself. Let me fix that I'm Marshall, Marshall Gray." he says while putting out his hand

You return his gesture ready to shack his hand in a much better mood, then you were just a moment ago "Nice to meet you Marshall, I'm...)

>That's id for tonight guys I hope you enjoy it, please throw out some names, and the most popular three will be put to a dice throw.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.