[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A World Torn Asunder - (Civ/Quest hybrid - Thread: 1)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: Civilization Starter .jpg (3MB, 1500x6400px) Image search: [Google]
Civilization Starter .jpg
3MB, 1500x6400px
Chaos is the natural state of this world – that is something its residents know well.
Century upon century this poor ball of earth and the billions that inhabited it have been stuck in a constantly shifting states between total war and natural disaster caused by the residual magic from such wars.
What was once a planet of some strange, magical common ancestor, is now a planet that houses species both natural and manufactured, living and undead, magical and brawny. The twisted environments of this planet birthed these many species, though there are many suspicions that some of the species one may encounter were not truly originated on this world at all.

-----
You, illustrious leader, will impose your will upon this world, and establish a home for many generations.

Which race do you belong to?
> Majority vote on race
> Majority vote on location (Every location will have a severe magical influence on it, so keep that in mind when describing what you want)

This will operate like a hybrid of a civ/quest. Players will operate the de facto leaders of whatever species is chosen, viewing the game through their perspective, but will also be making decisions concerning the advancement of your Civ.
>>
>>680947
Elves
Ruins
>>
>>680956
I'll be here all day, just to let y'all know. Stuck at home with the flu, woo
>>
>>680947
Hags
Swamp
>>
>>680947
I probably won't have time to stick around, but I'll vote
>Machines
>Volcano
or maybe constructs instead if anyone else votes for them.
>>
>>681004
Seconding
>>
>>680956
>>681004
>>681036
>>681040
>>680999
Just so this is at the top of the thread - I'll be tracking what happens in the civ through a protected spreadsheet to

Link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SkNF3tSM85tOWOMOmhAfikWlmxl6ZYXN6bTsQdRSUzI/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>680947
Voting Hags + Swamp too
>>
File: ao.jpg (547KB, 1710x1102px) Image search: [Google]
ao.jpg
547KB, 1710x1102px
>>681095
>>681040
>>681004
Hags/Swamp wins, first post inc.

Fingers crossed that we get a long-lasting game started here!
>>
>>681142
Fuuuuck yes, always wanted to play hags.
>>
>>681174
We shall be the Witch Queen spreading our dark spawn across the land while safe in our deadly swamp fortress!
>>
File: The Queen.jpg (356KB, 1920x1438px) Image search: [Google]
The Queen.jpg
356KB, 1920x1438px
>>681218
>>681174
>>681095
>>681040
>>681004

“A queen’s grace and beauty knows no bounds.” so the saying goes. The Old World was once a land of relative prosperity, inhabited by a human society that stretched itself across the land of Ard’Malika. The stories about that Queen spread by the many human tribes that lived within broken world – fragmented remains of the Old Empire’s people – were spoken in hushed whispers around small fires, and they all held one commonality: “Fear the dark for the Witch still hunts…”

The Queen of Ard’Malika could claim truth from the descriptions of her beauty when she ruled, a tall figure, dressed within a hybrid of a woman’s gown and the armor of a soldier, iron plates and filigree, topped off with a blackened piece of metal twisted and shaped into a heavy crown. Her visage spoke of elegance, but her voice spoke with strength few would ever know. The Queen conquered many lands in her life-time, expanding her father’s fledgling kingdom into something resembling a world super power of the day.

But all did not go well for that grand matriarchy, encroaching forces from the Sorcerer lords to the south, and the wild monsters of the Northern Tundra pressing against the northern borders, bringing with them the chill of blizzards, drove her to great lengths to find power.

At first, her armies grew. Massive production efforts were put into motion as every available man and woman was either put to work in the smithies, or donning the powerfully constructed armor and blades of Ard’Malika. This failed, as the magics of the lords and the unnatural natures of the beasts tore through iron and flesh alike.
(cont.)
>>
>>681292

In another attempt to ensure her people’s well-being, the Queen summoned the mystics from every corner of her Kingdom, paying the sages and shamans and warlocks exorbitant sums and grand titles in return for knowledge of the ways of Mana. But still, the tried and true methods of the south, and the magical mutations of the North proved too strong for the Queen’s power despite its depth.

But finally, the Queen, desperate for a solution as the beasts and mages slaughtered her subjects, and…

What was the final act of the Queen?
> … she gathered together the children of the capital, and sacrificed them in a grand ceremony, binding her soul to a grand demonic lord of some hellish plane – becoming a servant, whether willing or unwilling, to the demands of that dark entity.
> … she descended into the ancient caverns beneath Ard’Malika, following the call of a Forgotten God, an aberrant being of unfathomable power that was imprisoned within the mortal world by some hero of days past, breaks the bonds of the God, sacrificing sanity for the never ending whispers of that broken spirit for goals unknown to any but itself.
> … she took the hand in marriage of the Sorcerers’ Emperor. Following the grand ceremony that marked the surrender of Ard’Malika, the Queen drove her blade into the Emperor’s heart. As the blade pierced his heart, he laid a curse upon the Queen and her lands, damning her to an eternity of misery on the mortal plane.
>>
>>681297
> … she descended into the ancient caverns beneath Ard’Malika, following the call of a Forgotten God, an aberrant being of unfathomable power that was imprisoned within the mortal world by some hero of days past, breaks the bonds of the God, sacrificing sanity for the never ending whispers of that broken spirit for goals unknown to any but itself.
>>
>>681297

This couldn't turn out bad at all. Definitely not.
>>
>>681297
Nice story so far, I'll stick around

> marriage
>>
>>681307
>>681307
>>681330
>>681414
Still here, just waiting for a couple more votes.
>>
>>681487
I think three votes is enough to make a decision for a quest like this
>>
>>681297
>>
>>681297
>>
>>682901
Supporting
>>
File: image.gif (1MB, 403x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 403x400px
Rolled 98 (1d100)

Hey guys, OP here, really dislike the pace of threads here in /qst/ so I'm going to drop this thread.

Kinda tiring not having another thread to play while waiting for 4~ or less replies over the span of two-three hours

I want a fast paced board that doesn't sacrifice users, sorry.

Wanted to experiment using /qst/ and in comparison to /tg/ the fun is just fucking drained out of being an OP

Good luck trying to keep this board alive, I hope quests become fun to run again.

See y'all in the few threads that are worth lurking in (read: One out of every 200 threads produced here)

Bye!
>>
>>686949
No criticism from me tbqh frogposter, /qst/ will be trash until QM's actually find value in running
>>
File: 1465954458261.png (579KB, 655x480px) Image search: [Google]
1465954458261.png
579KB, 655x480px
>>686949
>>
... Sigh
>>
File: IMG_1272.jpg (63KB, 700x460px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1272.jpg
63KB, 700x460px
>>686949
>>
>>687086
That's unfair. There's a lot of threads here that beat this out in gay and in homosexuality.

They're long running quests tho.
>>
File: IMG_1275.jpg (56KB, 500x329px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1275.jpg
56KB, 500x329px
>>687375
>>
>>687577
Wow! How much variety is there!?
>>
>>686949
How does thread inheritance work here?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.