[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's left in the end.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6

File: leftovers.jpg (127KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
leftovers.jpg
127KB, 800x532px
Humans have fallen. Nobody remembers why anymore. Be it superflu, nuclear warfare, war, global warming, global cooling, a giant meteor sunstrikes, an economic collapse, it's all gone. Of course a few sites still remain. Faces etched in cliffs, massive walls that hold back the forces of the river, bits of glass and plastic. Books are gone, nobody reads. You speak different languages, but nobody remembers what they're called or where their from anymore.

Nevermind that, who are you?
>boy
>girl
>>
>>679202
Boy.

One who fucking refuses to let the wonders of humanity die from the heat of an expanding sun. This world is a gem in a sea of extreme loneliness. If anything remains of the Earth, you're going to save it.
>>
>>680757
Sure.
>>
>>679202
>Boy
>>
>>679202
>boy
>>
>>680757
You're a boy.
Now names are something that people say haven't changed. Names are something we hold dear. What's ours?
>>
>>681236
Alexander
>>
>>681332
This

Alexander will preserve Humanity.
>>
>>681236
I'm OK with Alexander, could we go by Alex to keep it short with people we know?
>>
>>681236
Alex.

That's your formal name. Your birth name. You were named Alex probobly after another loved one. Unbeknownst to you there was once another mortal who carved his name into history for eons.

People say you're not really dead until you're forgotten or your descendants are all gone. In this way Alexander is dead. But in another way he's still there living in you even if you don't know it.

Maybe this time people won't forget you.

where are you from?
>the nort
>the grien valle
>god's wall
>the desert
>>
>>681666
>the desert
>>
>>681666
>>the grien valle
>>
>>681714
>>682016
just waiting to see if theres a consensus
>>
Rolled 94 (1d100)

Nope its tiebreaker time
Odds desert evens grien
>>
>>682071
Damn... okay I'm switching to grien
>>
File: 6_500.jpg (72KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
6_500.jpg
72KB, 500x335px
>>682084
you're from the grien valle. It's really the "emerald valley" or "green vale", but overtime and not being able to progress past a kindergarten level of reading leads to a strange spelling.

It's all farmers there. People come from all over to get food in exchange for necissary goods, like metals, concrete, and manufactured goods. There's a few other professions around, and the socially decided rulers from each faction lead a council. Anyway where are you from?

>merchants
>city guard
>farmer
>artisan
>scavenger from outside the vale whose visiting
>>
>>682306
>>city guard
whats the tech level atm, mostly scavenged and reforged steel tools?
>>
>>682315
I'm down for the guard. Simple is simple does
>>
>>682306
>merchants
A man with wealth may go far and a man who makes his wealth is a man of ambition, who will go further. Much is required to be a merchant, from courage, to cunning, to wisdom and even (though some will doubt it) compassion for your fellow men and women.
>>
>>682306
>>city guard
>>
>>682315
tech level is probably medieval level. There's not really mining, just trying to use old metal structures into forgable metal. It's so old and burried under rubble it can be like actual iron ore from age.

>city guard
You lived in the main village your whole life. You don't see much action because it's a peaceful settlement. However a few years ago the town was attacked by a group of starving nomads from the desertlands.

You were walking through the streets with a:
>spear
>bow
>sword
>club
>sling
>no weapons

When you hear screaming so you:
>run towards to help
>run away to get help
>run away to avoid work
>quietly see what's happening
>>
File: men_at_arms.jpg (58KB, 564x662px) Image search: [Google]
men_at_arms.jpg
58KB, 564x662px
>>682747
>>spear
we can always upgrade to a poleax later on

>run towards to help
>>
>>682747
>no weapons
Fists all day
>charge towards
>>
>>682747
>spear
>run towards to help
>>
File: 1342077-special_copia.jpg (27KB, 430x426px) Image search: [Google]
1342077-special_copia.jpg
27KB, 430x426px
>>682838
>>682768
you remember clutching your spear and barreling towards the enemy. But once you reached them you see 3 men in furs beating on one merchant. There are many ways you could attack, but you should probably attack the way that fits your physique and personality the best.
>barrel through them with the power of a tank, you're so strong you can't even feel the hits, but they can dodge you due to your slower speed.
>run around and spear them, dark souls style. But if you get hit your gonna feel it a couple days
>convince the others to help you out, you're no good in a fistfight
>just run in and hope for the best, it always seems to work out somehow.
>>
>>683250
>>barrel through them with the power of a tank, you're so strong you can't even feel the hits, but they can dodge you due to your slower speed.

Now just a matter of getting our hands on a halberd down the line.
>>
>>683311
You run straight into the mix and tackle two of them to the ground. People shreik and run away as the third man pulls out a knife. You ignore him and smash his face in with the long end of your spear.

When it's finally over you notice that you have a knife in your side. You pass out.

That was a while ago. Anyway what's the plan for the day?
>write in
>>
>>684014
>>write in

I take it we're off duty? Well, lets carouse with some of the other guards.
>>
>>684091
you chit chat

"ey 'lex you 'eard bout them deserters? They says them's got a giant piece of wall over a river? Crazy huh?"

" m'joh orale don't listen to thems guys thems dont care 'bout your rockhead getting muddy. It's no realer than face's blasted into walls to the east."

"ey 'ex you should get to patrol, youse got no time on pause."

What now?
>go patrol market
>patrol farms
>patrol outlands
>see about getting a special job assignment to the eastern lands
>ask to accompany a trade caravan to the north
>fuck it go home.
>>
>>684334
>>patrol farms
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>684334
you patrol the farms

>higher than 5 event
>>
>>684508
>you gain 21 valis.

remember the higher risk job the higher pay

now:

>go home
>night watch
>go to bazaar
>visit family
>visit whores
>>
>>684536
>>night watch

About how large is the settlement here? I'm figuring the population is mostly rural
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>684608
I'd say less than 10,000 main city including rural farmers.

Night watch pays higher for good reason:

less than 6 event
>>
>>684635
Night passes uneventfully
+41 valis

Today you have the day off! Where to?

>bazaar
>whores
>family
>friends
>school
>write in
>>
>>684649
>>family
>>friends

Could go for info on each, but lets hang out with friends for the time being.
>>
>>684664
you spend the day with friends /b]

[purple] " 'Lex yu ever wonder? Like what if we's not the only big city in these lands? I 'eard that once there was more out of vale. And yu know, outerbounds isn't all dead. Yu ever dream of outerbounds, like Gilgamesh?" [/purple]
>>
>>684713
>Yu ever dream of outerbounds, like Gilgamesh?

Sure
>>
>>685300
well you think you gona go there? I mean t's fun ta talk 'bout but i's never gona go out.
>>
>>685553
>well you think you gona go there?

Dreams are all well and good, don't put no food on the table though
>>
>>685652
she laughs

youse right [/b]
.... The Day Ends ...
well it's time to head home. Or is it?

>write in
>>
>>685678

May as well get some rest I suppose
>>
File: valislayout.png (71KB, 1201x709px) Image search: [Google]
valislayout.png
71KB, 1201x709px
>>685678
jesus fuck these commands aren't working good.

>>685724
you wake up and feel worse than when you went to sleep. You have a trip coming up in 2 days to the borders of the city. In that lapse you have to go to work, but tomorrow you have the day off to prepare.

do we work:

>in the market
>in the whorehouses
>at the entrance
>farms
>artistocrats
>>
>>685740
>>artistocrats

Might do well to learn a thing or two about the well to do, sure they got deep pockets too.
>>
>>685790
you put on your nicest boots and head over to the hill on which the influential reside.

The rich in reality aren't much different than the poor in looks. They have more money but what can that buy? More food? More children? There aren't really any fine goods that are imported, mainly just raw materials that can't be found in the vale. So how can they rise above the rest of society? Knowledge and personal betterment. Sounds philosophical right? Wrong. Personal Betterment just makes them think that they ARE better than everyone else and gives them a sense of right. Not agreement, contract, or even privilege. RIGHT to control the masses. Men and Women generally have the same rights, but the top and bottom classes are based on wealth and proved by a "sneering-imperialist" attitude.

Anyway. You put on your best clothes and hope for a tip. But due to personal experience you know that it's unlikely. They always tell you:
"oh you're not doing your job!" "Why can't you follow the simplist orders?!?" "what do you even do here anyway?"

Thinking of that...What DO you even do anyway?
>bodyguard for the head of household
>guard for entrance
>bodyguard for daughter
>you're like a decoration for the household. Your muscles prove that they must've paid you a king's ransom to help protect. (even though this is one of the most low paying jobs)
>>
>>685925
>>bodyguard for the head of household
>>
>>685925
>685925
ALEX GIT OVER HERE DAM IT.

You scramble over as fast as you can, trip on a pelt rug, and fall flat on your face.

Nice one.

GIT YOUR FACE OF THE FLOOR, THAT IS ONE HIGH QUALITY SKIN THAT IF YOU RUIN WILL TAKE EXACTLY ANOTHER APOCALYPSE TO PAY OFF! YOU WILL REMAIN IN SERVICE TO THIS MAN FOR THE NEXT SEVENTEEN MILENEA!

>wat do?
>>
>>686035
>>wat do?

Stand up
>>
>>686086
*you get u[*

"you know what remove your presence my sight. Go find my daughter and son and bring them here. Now 2 things. Ask me why I want them and you won't have a job here until your greatgrankids are grandparents. Next, if you get them here in...ooh 20 minutes I'll let you take one thing from my armory for your contract outside city limits. By the way. Good luck."

He laughs and walks sits back down and the desk.

Well that was...awkward.
well wat do?
>go get daughter
>go get son
>ask him a question
>>
>>686123
>>go get son
>>
>>686146
You dash into the son's room. At the other side of the mansion. If only you weren't so slow. The door's locked. Without thinking you break it down. And you see...

"HEY WHAT'RE YOU DOIN' HERE ASS?

who is it dearest?

Don't worry baby. HEY ASS, GIVE ME TEN, no, FIVE, no TWO MINUTES AND I'LL GO MEET MY FATHER, I KNOW HE WANTS ME.

Well i guess thats done. What's next?
>>
>>686171
>>go get daughter
>>
>>686235
Thank god that bitches door is right next door.
shes lying on the bed

>wat do
>>
>>686245
>>wat do

Announce that her father has requested her presence
>>
>>686268
*she smiles*

"Up yours pigfucker."
>>
>>686273
>carry her to her father
>>
>>686279
Wait what? NO NO!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4jPEb6BAAc

You have 10 min to spare. You head back to the office. But the son is nowhere to be seen. That bitchy daughter has stopped screaming at least. Now what?
>find son
>hope him makes it in time
>drop bitch girl on the dam rug
>>
>>686306
>>find son
>>
>>686306
You dash back to the room. You counted your breaths to help judge time, you breathed exactly 92 times on the way there.
>barge in
>knock
>>
>>686324
>knock
>>
>>686324
>>knock
>>
>>686367
no answer
>wat now?
>>
>>686379
>kick down
>>
>>686390
you break in.

Nobody's there. You search the room. Nothing. Wait. There's a girl in his bed.
>>
>>686404
>Check if alive
>>
>>686408
You confirm a heartbeat
>>
>>686414
This thread dead?
>>
>>694704
op esta aqui
>>
>>694814
Sorry about that, I had to sleep, I'd still like to join the quest if I can.
>>
>>700835
if any lurkers are seeing this, you can drop in at any time
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.