[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civ Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: Civilization (new).jpg (962KB, 1841x3681px) Image search: [Google]
Civilization (new).jpg
962KB, 1841x3681px
Lets get a Civilization thread going, got a few rules so please give em a read before posting.

Rules:
1) First three votes locks in race and or location
2) Feel free to vote anyway you want, but supporting other anon's votes with ideas makes thing flow smoother
3) feel free to include as much detail in your post as you like
EX: If the choice is "Fight the monster" it is strongly encouraged that you deatil how you would liek to fight the monster, or what terrain/spells/abilities/etc. you want to exploit
4) Ties are broken by first post
5) Have fun!

You can select any race or location from the following two images, in the event the race appears in both images the newest entry will be utilized.
>>
File: Civilization races.jpg (3MB, 2700x6000px) Image search: [Google]
Civilization races.jpg
3MB, 2700x6000px
>>
>>678705

>Slime

>Tundra

Mad alchemist creates slimes in his arctic research laborotory. Chaos ensues...
>>
>>678705
Agreeing with other anon, slime and tundra sound interesting.
>>
>>678728
>>678757
just letting you guys know im still here
>>
Thanks for hanging in there OP...
>>
>>678896
no worries man, in know these threads can be slow to start. As a warning I may have to pop out for a few minutes to deal with IRL things (dogs, food etc) but ill let everyone know and give an approximate time
>>
Bumping...

Need more players...
>>
File: 1474534884704.gif (2MB, 300x262px) Image search: [Google]
1474534884704.gif
2MB, 300x262px
>>679623
We could perhaps start now and attract more players from there. It worked in another thread I was in.
>>
>>679642

What do you think OP?
>>
ill give it a whirl, just give me a few minutes. cable has gone down and the family is not happy (Time warner cable is a horrible company)
>>
Alright guys Im back and ready to write, so im going to lock in Slime in the tundra, if anyone wants to change up their vote you have 3 minutes from the time of this post while i grab something to eat
>>
A frigid gale swept across the tundra, an unimaginably vast expanse of frozen wasteland and frost wreathed mountains. It howled through mournful peaks and bit into stone, for the air was so frozen it cut like glass. Subject 73 twitched as the icy air cut across his surface and with a gurgling groan submerged himself deeper into his warm pool. Another blast of air rocked him and he could feel his surface congeal and harden at its frosty touch. He gurgled again and his cores pulsed, all four them beating in unison like grotesque hearts. The water around him receded as he gorged himself on the surrounding liquid, his gelatinous form swelling with each pulse. After a few moments he was no more than an amorphous blob, a pale blue orb of slime in a puddle of mud. Slowly 73 materialized details across his hulking form, stout legs grew from beneath the orb, modeled after the great wooly creatures he had observed in the tundra. his body elongated, becoming more oval in shape to match his newly formed legs and two of his cores pushed themselves forward to give the appearance of eyes. He wobbled slightly as his outer layers solidified in the cold, he needed as much insulation as he could to maintain the liquid water in his body. 73 looked around, in pools much like his own twitched other slimes, each trying to submerge itself a little deeper in its shallow pool. The wind whipped through the ruins of the building around them, 73 distinctly remembered it being called a laboratory, although the context escaped him.

A) Awake the others
B) Search for food
C) Other (specify)

Population: 5 slime+73
Food: 6 units
Resources: none
Tools: None
Magic(s): Shapeshifting, hydromancy, cryomancy

map and spell list incoming
>>
File: Tundra map.png (170KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
Tundra map.png
170KB, 1152x648px
>>
>>680024

>A) Awake the others

Once our kin rise we should head to the laboratory...

There might be something useful inside, and if not at least it will provide us with some shelter from the frigid gales...
>>
>>680024
>A.
>>680098
We should probably find more food soon however, if we're going to go down this route.
>>
>>680121

What do slimes even eat?

Water?

We are in a tundra, so there is probably snow around...

The map OP graciously drew up indicates that there is a large lake nearby as well...
>>
File: slime magic.png (31KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
slime magic.png
31KB, 1920x1080px
I neglected to mention, food supplies are consumed irregularly, to simulate the slimes performing other tasks. However each slime will consume 1 unit of food per feeding.
>>
STOP STARTING A CIV QUEST WITH CHOICES ON WHAT TO BE

IT'S JUST A KILLER

IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A CIV QUEST, PICK THE RACE FIRST AND HAVE SOME SORT OF PLOT

That way people have a sense of direction and maybe even urgency.

Also make sure that you don't try to avoid some of the repititious stuff.

(Also machines on volcanos is super fun, I wish I had maintained that civ desu)
>>
>>680184

Dude, chill, it's /qst/ let you hair down...

Also:

>IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A CIV QUEST, PICK THE RACE FIRST AND HAVE SOME SORT OF PLOT

Not necessarily so...

Case in point: >>669821
>>
>>680226
I'm guessing you're "hyA/b9rk" on the kobold quest? Because I swear I've seen you in three quests already, including this one.
>>
>>680273

>I'm guessing you're "hyA/b9rk" on the kobold quest?

Yes, that's right...

> ...I swear I've seen you in three quests already, including this one.

Yeah...

Lately, I've been hopping around trying to drum up interest for Civ-Quests, so that they don't die off so infernally quickly...
>>
73 deemed it best to wake the others, the wind was particularly viscous today and he loathed the thought of doing nothing but freeze. He paused for a moment, the word ambition floated around his frostbit mind, he recalled someone saying that word although he remained unsure of its meaning. Shaking his head in annoyance 73 moved to wake the others, it was slow work for the wind drowned out his bubbling groans. He could not wade into the warm pools for fear his solid "skin" would begin to melt and what magic he knew would only serve to freeze his friends. One by one however the slimes rose and changed their forms and it was not long before 73 was surrounded by similiarly sized pale blue mammoths, albeit with no eyes, their single core pulsed slowly in their chests. He gurgled his commands, instructing some of them to search for food and the others to accompany him deeper into the ruin. Slow gurgles signaled their understanding. Parting ways 73 and his two slimes made their way through the ruined lab, they picked through the rubble with an aura of boredom, nonchalantly kicking aside bricks as they swept through. 73 could not help but question himself, what had he intended to find here? He stepped through the broken glass and over the frost covered wires, how many times had he poured across the icy stones? Father. Another word floated through his mind accompanied by the memory of a white haired creature with thin pale skin. He shook his head again, these words had no meaning to him yet he felt strangely drawn to them. One of the slimes made a frantic gurgling, pulling 73's attention towards the noise, he lumbered to the blue creature who's core pulsed brightly, it was excited. 73 examined what his cohort had found, it seemed to be some sort of hand encased in a layer of frost. A memory flashed in 73's mind, an image of a hand clutching a scroll, a hand clutching a sword, a hand covered in blood.

A) Analyze the hand
B) Berate the slime for wasting your time
C)Eat the hand
D) Other

>>
>>680302
>A.

I think we'll be fine for food now, so we probably shouldn't eat it. Yet.
>>
>>680302

> A) Analyze the hand

If nothing useful can be gleaned:

> C) Eat the hand
>>
73 bent lower and touched the frozen limb, immediately he felt the flood of information associated with analysis. Soft tissue,bone structure, it was mostly water with varying amounts of other substances 73 did not know the names of. Soon he was finished and his disposition was remarkably pleased, this had been his most successful analysis yet and he hoped it would aid in the survival of his people. 73's elation was disrupted by the sound of splitting stone and a deep roar. The bellow split the air in a way the razor edged wind never could and 73's skin rippled with the force of its reverberation. Boulders tumbled down the mountain side to his left as another roar thundered across the tundra. He did not know what made these horrible sounds, only that the wind always blew more fiercely in its wake. He signalled for the other slimes to follow him and they hastily retreated back to their pools, to his dismay the gathering party was nowhere to be found.

A) Search for the missing slimes
B) Investigate the noise
C) Take shelter
D) Other

>>
>>680384

Mhm...

Sounds like an avalanche...

We should:

> C) Take shelter
>>
>>680384
>A.

We shouldn't leave our slime friends out there alone if something horrifying could be out there with them.
>>
>>680384
C: take shelter.
>>
>>680419

Perhaps...

If we're going with (A) then we should rally our kin and bring them with us...

Changing my vote to:

> A) Search for the missing slimes
>>
>>680384
>C. take shelter

when danger passes, look for missing slimes
>>
Fear fir his kins safety gripped his many cores as 73 ran into the howling gale in the direction he had last seen them, seeing his urgency the two remaining slime followed; their bulbous forms heaving as they ran. Another bellow echoed like thunder high above and more stones bounced down the mountainside. Bits of debris were caught in the howling storm and flew like shrapnel through the air, cutting deep wounds into his flesh as he ran. Water oozed out of the wounds only to freeze moments later, the wound almost completely sealed within seconds. 73 paused for a moment, whirling around, he could find no signs of his friends, desperate he called out tot hem, but the howling wind and deafening bellows drowning his weak moans out. To his left he could see a path winding up the side of the mountain, it was possible the slimes had sought shelter in a nearby cave or crag,73 thought to the wounds on his own gelatinous hide, they might be immune to the cutting gale but losing water was a very real danger, and with such limited supply a very real fear to the slimes.

A) Turn back, they're dead anyway
B) Investigate the mountain path
C) Continue searching in the tundra
D) Other

>>
>>680532
we need to develop freezing magic so that we can cryostasis.

OR, let's search for resources in the cave.
>>
>>680532
Mountain path would be dangerous without a doubt. Turning back would mean that ever finding the slimes would be unlikely at best. Continuing through the tundra might find us food perhaps, and the slimes may have gotten lost out there. Thoughts?
>>
>>680532
>B investigate the mountain path

not giving up just yet
>>
>>680561
>>680532

I say that we fall back to our spawning ground and get all remaining slimes to safety...

I'm not confident in our current ability to deal with threats, if it's an avalanche we'll be buried under snow and frozen before we can do much of anything, if it is a monster strong enough to throw around boulders three or four slimes probably won't stand much of a chance...

I vote for:

>A) Turn back and seek shelter
>>
>>680560
>>680563
>>680568
Im currently interpreting the votes as 2 for B and 1 for A, however i like the discussion hats going on and would prefer to not rush the story (as its late by me and i need to sleep unfortunately). We can resume tomorrow night around a similar time if you guys would like to continue
>>
>>680575
Yeah, this seems fun.
>>680568
True. However, this may have negative consequences beyond just losing three slimes. I'm still torn on which way to go.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.