[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Panzer Commander Quest #5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: ntcq_si_5.jpg (80KB, 700x560px) Image search: [Google]
ntcq_si_5.jpg
80KB, 700x560px
You are Lieutenant Richter Von Tracht, a freshly minted tank commander of the Archduchy of Strossvald. On a train ride to what was meant to be a calm deployment, a band of what at first impression seem to be exceptionally daring and well equipped brigands has destroyed and derailed the train engine before assaulting it, in what you can only assume is an attempt to steal its cargo, including the lone tank aboard.

That tank, however, is yours, and you are loathe to give it up to so brutish an opponent. As satisfying it would be to climb aboard it and crush the enemy like a knight of yore climbing aboard his steed, the tank is empty of fuel and ammunition; both things stored in an adjacent cargo car. Even if that were not the case, it was securely chained down for transport. It was possible to drive it off of the flatcar, but it would take time to remove the bindings.
Your first course of action was to reunite with your crew; you could hardly attempt to drive off these bandits on your own. You make your short run to the car ahead of you, where your crew was, while the bandits’ opening fusillade was dying off. Waiting for them to stop and begin closing would be suicide; they had at least a couple of guns, and if they were able to blow a train off the tracks who knew what else they had.

The car where your crew was had turned over, so you were prepared for the worst, but besides some bruising there was little damage. Stein and Malachi had become pinned under a heavy piece of furniture, which you and Hans were able to move when you arrived.

“I didn’t realize we were at war.” Hans said sarcastically as he lifted the dark wood cabinet off of the other crew.

“Is it the Reich?” Stein inquired wearily.

“If it was the Reich you’d know it,” you inform him, “That and they would have had to break through the Blumlands Line before we could hear about it, which is near impossible. Even the biggest guns around can’t crack those fortresses.”

“That’s nice and all but,” Hans butted in, letting the cabinet crash down after Stein and Malachi had crawled out from under it, “I’m more concerned with the guns outside than the biggest ones around.”

You shove your sword into Stein’s hands, him seeming to be the biggest of your crew and the most able to use it. He blinks at you, but knows better than to ask the obvious.

You and your crew dash out, using the tank as cover. A few shots crack about as you crouch around the tank, rounds clanging harmlessly off. Climbing into it would be incredibly risky as of now, but that may change when you are better armed.

You spot one of your enemies in the brush, rising and approaching. You notice, a somewhat strange thing, that he is dressed in a raggedy but still recognizable coat of Strossvald’s infantry. A rogue soldier or perhaps looted off of one as a disguise?

It mattered not now.

>Take careful aim.
>Spread out the derringer shots to try and suppress
>Keep running
>Input
>>
Character limit meant I couldn't link to the previous thread in the first post, I'll do so here:

http://archived.moe/qst/thread/632541

The previous thread has a simple map of the situation at its end in case you just came in and you have no clue what is going on right now.

Also, my twitter is at

https://twitter.com/scheissfunker
>>
>>673751

>Take careful aim.

From a position of cover if available, as opposed to just plain old concealment. I like things that can stop bullets.
>>
File: panzer-poop[1].jpg (233KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
panzer-poop[1].jpg
233KB, 1024x768px
>>673751
The tank should have a bottom escape hatch/toilet
Have one of our smaller men crawl up underneath the tank and pop it so he can get inside without being exposed
>>
>>673751
>Take careful aim.
>>
>>673751
>Take careful aim
>>
Rolled 70 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

A bottom hatch would be convenient in this particular instance, wouldn’t it, you think suddenly. Alas, the only hatch on the bottom of an m/28 is for maintenance, and doesn’t go into the crew compartment.

You exhale and focus on the man approaching your position. He’s been taken off guard, not expecting armed opposition to come bursting out of that part of the train.

He is thus slow to bring up his weapon as your finger squeezes the trigger.
>>
(That was supposed to be -20 but whatever)
(Also, to explain, low rolls are better. You get a -20 because you people dumped everything into hunting so Richter is a crack shot. Hopefully you won't replace the gunner.)

The derringer’s short barrel makes its aim imprecise, but you can still see that you hit your target as your enemy’s collar splits. He clutches at the wound and drops his weapon, a pistol. You don’t bother waiting for any return fire and run into the cargo car with the rest of your crew.

The explosion has knocked over quite a few crates and fuel canisters, but besides one unlucky box of machine gun drums none of them have spilled their contents. A quick glance about the cargo car turns up no weapons, not that you expected any, but it would have boosted your confidence about this situation.

The cargo car and the caboose are adjacent, and you are not persecuted by anything but imprecise shots as you and your crew make the quick transition.

What you find in the caboose is a disappointment. To be precise, two disappointments. The pair of train security guards were cowering in the side room, not even armed. They looked at you with wild eyes but were eased when they recognized you as a passenger.

Your crew took no time in looting the armory. It yielded a pair of carbines, a brace of revolvers, and an old hunting shotgun; a wide, double barreled break action hunting sort, not the typical fare for police. Also tucked in the armory is a submachine gun, an old sort that were bought from the Reich en masse after their defeat in the Emrean Liberation war, but still plenty capable of spitting bullets.
A hasty count reveals that each carbine has four clips of six rounds, the revolvers share 24 shots, the shotgun eight shells, and two magazines for the submachine gun. This particular model you remember having a capacity for twenty shots.

>Distribute the weapons and plan your next move

>The train guards are refusing to move. You may have to convince them. They are clearly not built like proper soldiers, one being a portly middle aged gentleman while the other is a weedy runt of a man, barely old enough to work
>Attempt to negotiate (Write In)
>Attempt to intimidate (^)
>Leave them behind

>You heard bandits on both sides of the train. Break to one side and use your numbers to attack them in detail
>Hold in the train car and wait for them to come to you
>Feint a retreat then come back when they drop their guard
>>
>>676752
>Distribute the weapons and plan your next move
shotgun to sword guy, we take carbine, everyone else gets whatever.
>Attempt to intimidate
Point gun at them "Start doing your jobs. Either now or never again."
>Hold in the train car and wait for them to come to you

No ones here? Maybe too many options QM.
>>
>>676752

>>Attempt to negotiate (Write In)
>Attempt to intimidate (^)
"You can stay here if you like, but we're taking these guns with us. I don't doubt for a second that these bandits would hesitate to shoot an unarmed man."
>>
>>676752
>You heard bandits on both sides of the train. Break to one side and use your numbers to attack them in detail
Take a carbine and a revolver. Give the other carbine, SMG and a revolver to the others (SMG goes to the worst shot who will provide supressing fire). Don't take the shotgun, it has no advantage over a revolver.

>Leave the train guards, they'd be a liability.
>Try to load the tank's pintle machinegun.
>>
>>677611
>Don't take the shotgun, it has no advantage over a revolver.
Besides the fact that you can hit a man sized target at 100 yards?
>>
>>680416
The enemy is closer than 100 yards now, and hides in bushes. This will be a close range combat, and the shotgun loses in ammo capacity.
>>
>>680657
>shotgun
>not good for close quarters
wut.
>>
>>680730
It's a hunting shotgun, long-barreled and with tight spread. Also only 2 shots.
>>
You easily intimidate the trembling train guards into at least standing. Their fear of death overcomes their fear of fighting. You don’t even have to point your weapon at them; they crumble easily. You consider their worth, and decide they’d be best off as just a show; trusting them with anything important seems foolish.

You decide to allocate weapons based off of skill at first. “How did all of you score on marksmanship?”

Your crew just stares at you, while Stein laughs nervously. “I passed marksmanship with cannons and machine guns…”

Hans mutters that he didn’t sign on as infantry while Malachi just shrugs. This was presumably the price of being allocated the dregs. You pass Stein a carbine and revolver, and simply ask which of your crew wants a gun.

Malachi’s self-imposed muteness sabotages his chances to be armed, and Hans eagerly grabs the submachine gun.

“Just don’t hold the trigger down,” you advise, “We don’t have too many shots.”

You peer out the caboose’s windows, trying to find where your attackers are shooting from. If you were able to pin them down or drive them off, it would be possible to try and climb into the tank with a few drums for the coaxial machine gun. An anti-aircraft mount would have been easier to access and use, but m/28s were not normally built with anti-aircraft mounts; the only time you ever heard of them having them was in field modifications. Even if it did have one, anti-aircraft machine guns were stowed for transport. The coaxial machine gun at least had the advantage of being useable by releasing the interior turret locks.

You are unable to spot any bandits with your furtive glances, however. Even longer looks go unopposed. Baffled, you look out the window further, but there is nothing. The only clue there is, is a trail of blood from the man you wounded, going towards and then under the train…

>Continue holding position

>Go for the tank

>Try to hail your assailants and negotiate

>Other

>There is a ladder going to a small observing house atop the caboose. It is possible to exit there, if you want to use it for any option.
>>
>>683459
can we do this http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7bb_1442676202 with the observation house on the caboose so the enemy gives away their position?
I assume the carbines we have use the same ammunition as the machine gun? If so, lets grab the rounds from a belt and have one of the men do a mad minute for suppressing fire
Exit out of the side of the train that shots did not come from and make our way to the tank, using the cars as cover
Also leave the guards the shotgun and tell them to watch the side of the train we don't exit out of
>>
>>684849
The carbines do use the same rifle round as the machine guns, yes.

I should note on that though that that is not the case with the pistols and the submachinegun.
>>
>>685319
can the hull MG be dismounted from the pintle? I imagine it would be for maintenance, but could it be done quickly enough to be handed off to someone outside the tank once we secure the tank?
>>
>>684849
Do we even have a helmet?
If we don't have anything to bait the enemy with, I propose the following:

>Open the rear door of the caboose loudly to pretend we're going to retreat through there.
>Then Stein and Hans lay down blind suppressive fire, from the observation house and/or from the windows
>At the same time we go for the tank.
>>
>>686373
>Do we even have a helmet?
Or a hat or something
I suggest we hold off on the suppressing fire until the guys with the carbines get into the boxcar and grab a belt of MG ammunition so they can continuously lay down fire
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.