[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nuclear Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 4

File: your apartment.jpg (407KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
your apartment.jpg
407KB, 1300x866px
Day 1: the blast:
No one saw it coming, no one wanted it to come, but at 11:30am, Thursday, November of 2018, nuclear attacks were conducted on the USA, you are only 13 miles away from ground zero of Los-Angeles California’s ground zero. The world as you know it has been obliterated in a radioactive cloud. The building you are in, your apartment, collapses, but miraculously, you survive. You scour the somewhat familiar wreckage of your apartment to look for supplies. Only grabbing what might be useful. Someone calls out to you in the distance, you don’t know him, he’s approaching you and he has a gun, he seems equally disoriented as you. (in a minimum of 2 min. He’ll be upon you) it’s 12:00pm

Statuses:
Your arm hurts, it’s bleeding from the elbow
Your head hurts, impact damage
Your leg hurts, it’s hard to walk on and you have a nasty limp

Inventory:
Needle and thread, gauze, painkillers(23), clothes(e), a coat(e), a baseball cap(e), boots(e), a baseball-bat(e), duct tape, backpack, AA batteries(12), a canteen(empty), climbing rope, harness, climbing shoes, and a climbing pick.

Choices:
Go over to the man calling for you (calmly) (1 min), attempt to tend to your wounds (5 min), take painkiller (1 min), run from the man and go exploring the ruined apartment building for more supplies (30 min - hour), go over to the man calling for you (aggressively) (<1min)
>>
>>670320
Well I feel like this guy wants to rob us, so lets Skadoodle.
>>
>>670320
run from the man and go exploring the ruined apartment building for more supplies (30 min - hour)

maybe even try to ambush him and hit him with a brick if he comes after us.
>>
>>670335
you run off into the rest of the building and you believe it'll take the man >10 min. to reach you if he’s following, the time is 12:10. You are on the far east side of the building.

Statuses:
Your arm hurts, it’s bleeding from the elbow
Your head hurts, impact damage
You leg hurts, it’s hard to walk on and you have a nasty limp

Inventory:
Needle and thread, gauze, painkillers(23), clothes(e), a coat(e), a baseball cap(e), boots(e), a baseball-bat(e), duct tape, backpack, AA batteries(12), a canteen(empty), climbing rope, harness, climbing shoes, and a climbing pick.

Choices:
Survey your surroundings and look for things to grab(3 min), attempt to tend to your wounds (5 min), take painkiller (1 min), continue to run from the building/find shelter (30 min).
>>
>>670371
We should survey our surroundings and tend to our wounds. Maybe take a painkiller while we're at it.
>>
>>670378
This. Find a little cubby to look after our wounds
>>
>>670371
Survey your surroundings and look for things to grab(3 min), attempt to tend to your wounds (5 min),
>>
>>670378
>>670385
>>670392
you decide it's a good idea to try and multi-task, you use (1) pain killer while looking for general supplies, you see a water-line spouting water and fill your canteen with said water, you find a box of cereal, and on a person’s body you find keys to a gas station you know of a few miles east. You don’t have a car, but you bike is on the west side of the building, your headache begins to calm down, you bandage your arm and use surrounding scrap metal and rope to make a splint for your leg. This process takes a focused (12 min), you see the man again, he is definitely following you…he’ll be upon you in (<3 min) the time is 12:22

Statuses:
Your arm hurts a little less, the bleeding has stopped.
Your head hurts a little less
Your leg is splinted and hurts a little less.

inventory:
Needle and thread, gauze, painkillers(22), clothes(e), a coat(e), a baseball cap(e), boots(e), a baseball-bat(e), duct tape(1 meter used), backpack, AA batteries(12), a canteen (full but not pure), climbing rope (½ meter used), harness, climbing shoes, and a climbing pick.

Choices:
Find a hiding place and ambush the man (<1min), run around the far side of the building and get to your bike (10 min), drink water (<1min), approach the man (calmly)
>>
>>670439
Maybe we should just approach him...
>>
>>670439
Approach him, but be ready to fight him if things go badly.
>>
>>670448
taking vote on what to do with the man...
>>
>>670456
Ask him why he's following us, and if he has a plan to get out of the city.
>>
>>670461
This
>>
>>670439
>>670461
Yell at him to ask why he's following us, if aggressive, plan to attack through ambush.
>>
>>670461
>>670448
>>670452
You make the decision to go over to the man, you draw your baseball bat and approach non-threateningly, he points his gun at you and he is visibly shaken about the events that transpired, he is middle aged, about 34-40 , you see that his left ear is bleeding, he is right handed, he asks you “don’t make a move, what have you got?” you raise your hands but don’t drop the bat, you take a closer look at him, he has his hand on the inside of his jacket, protecting a wound which is bleeding profusely, he doesn’t have long, and he’s looking desperate. the time is 12:24pm

statuses :
Your arm hurts a little less
Your head hurts a little less
Your leg is splinted and hurts a little less.

inventory:
Needle and thread, gauze, painkillers(22), clothes(e), a coat(e), a baseball cap(e), boots(e), a baseball-bat(e), duct tape(1 meter used), backpack, AA batteries(12), a canteen (full but not pure), climbing rope (½ meter used), harness, climbing shoes, and a climbing pick.

Choices:
Attempt to dodge the question and ask the man why he’s following you, reply with what you have on you, offer help to the man, or get closer while dropping the bat, and convince the man to calm down.
>>
>>670511
>Listen man, I am in the same position as you. I don't know what the fuck happened, and I just want to get out of the city.
>>
>>670511
and convince the man to calm down. Attempt to dodge the question and ask the man why he’s following you.

if he gets too close, club his ass to the damn ground and take the gun.
>>
>>670511
>I've got some bandages, I can try to fix you up if you take that gun off me.
>>
>>670529
>>670553
I'd be down with a combination of these.
>>
>>670553
>>670547
>>670529
>>670566
You attempt to convince the man to calm down:
“Listen man, I am in the same position as you. I don't know what the fuck happened, and I just want to get out of the city”
He realizes how uncivilized he’s being and you can see him release tension in his shoulders, he keeps the gun on you and says
“I only know that a goddamn nuke went off and i am bleeding to death from this gash in my side. Do you have any bandages on you? I want to get out too, it’s just my car is buried in half the building; my buddy’s gas station is a few blocks east however, might be some stuff there.”
you get him to lower the gun and say that you have bandages he can use, you begin to help him patch up his wounds, he’s still holding the gun, he says
“the name’s Brent, what’s yours?” time is 12:25

Statuses:
You are fine

inventory:
Needle and thread, gauze (1 meter used), painkillers(22), clothes(e), a coat(e), a baseball cap(e), boots(e), a baseball-bat(e), duct tape(1 meter used), backpack, AA batteries(12), a canteen (full but not pure), climbing rope (½ meter used), harness, climbing shoes, and a climbing pick, gas station key (forgot in last few posts, sry)

Choices:
Tell the man your name (you guys choose), take advantage of his trust and club him, dodge the question and change the subject of the conversation to the gas station.
>>
>>670600
Jason. Listen, there is a gas station a few miles away. We can go to see if it is still standing
>>
>>670600
>Tell the man your name
John
>>
>>670600
>A Pimp Named Slickback
>>
>>670610
>>670614
You tell Brent:
“The name’s Jason, let’s go over to that gas station.”
Brent helps you by allowing you to take an arm over his shoulder, he’s now essentially your crutch for your leg. You begin hiking down the street towards this gas station. On the way, you find a collapsed person in the street, you don’t know if they are alive, but from the looks of it, they are a police officer, brent takes note of him saying:
“don’t trust the feds, they’ll take advantage of their power in this situation. If you want to help him, i won’t object, but I’m just saying” time is 12:35pm

Statuses:
You are fine
Your leg is splinted

Inventory:
Needle and thread, gauze (1 meter used), painkillers(22), clothes(e), a coat(e), a baseball cap(e), boots(e), a baseball-bat(e), duct tape(1 meter used), backpack, AA batteries(12), a canteen (full but not pure), climbing rope (½ meter used), harness, climbing shoes, and a climbing pick, gas station key

Choices:
Take brent’s advice and skip over helping the collapsed police officer (>3min), go help the officer, take advantage of Brent’s trust and kill him while his guard is down.
>>
>>670659
Take advantage of his Trust, throw him onto the ground and smash his brains out with a bat
>>
>>670659
Leave him be. No reason to kill anybody.
>>
>>670694
does this mean, not kill Brent, or not help the officer?
>>
>>670702
Don't kill Brent. Maybe check if the officer is alive and in that case, help him and let him join our party.
>>
>>670716
>>670694
You decide to not follow brent’s advice and and go to see if you can help the officer, you both approach, but about 9 m away, the officer says:
“I can hear you guys coming at me, i can’t fucking move, my body won’t fucking move, if you want to kill me fine, i don’t care. This world is fucked now anyway.”
Brent says:
“Hey, he said it, not me”
You still have the option just to walk away...time is 12:36

Statuses:
You are fine
Your leg is splinted
You are feeling a little thirsty after all this walking

Inventory:
Needle and thread, gauze (1 meter used), painkillers(22), clothes(e), a coat(e), a baseball cap(e), boots(e), a baseball-bat(e), duct tape(1 meter used), backpack, AA batteries(12), a canteen (full but not pure), climbing rope (½ meter used), harness, climbing shoes, and a climbing pick, gas station key

Choices:
Walk over and kill the officer / take his things, walk away to the gas station, attempt to help the officer, kill Brent, take drink of water (after picking, drink water, pick another if you want).
(all take >10 min)
>>
>>670749
i think with this i'm done for the night, ill see you guys tomorrow.

this will continue
>>
>>670749
>Walk over and kill the officer / take his things, walk away to the gas station
I mean, if his body won't move, he's fucked anyway. It's unfortunate, but them's the breaks.

>>670759
Thanks for running.
>>
>>670749
>attempt to help the officer

We can always mercy kill him and take his things if it's impossible to help him.

Quest looks interesting, will be following.
>>
>>671833
>>670781
You decide to go over to the cop, who knows he might just be useful for something. On your approach, he tries to scare you off with a little head wiggle. You’re not to sure if want to go through with killing him, you tell brent:
“I don’t think this is such a good idea”,
He says:
“I say fuck it, kill him, he wanted to die, and he’s got good shit on him”
You decide to go along with it....you bash the officer’s head in with the bat, don’t want to waste the ammo. You take his things...the time is 12:38

Statuses:
Your first kill leaves you in a bit of a moral dilemma (mental stability is about -10%)
You feel fine
Your leg is splinted

Inventory:
Needle and thread, gauze (1 meter used), painkillers(22), clothes(e), a coat(e), a baseball cap(e), boots(e), a baseball-bat(e), duct tape(1 meter used), backpack, AA batteries(12), a canteen (full but not pure), climbing rope (½ meter used), harness, climbing shoes, and a climbing pick, gas station key, 9mm pistol, 3 pistol clips for the 9mm (15 rounds), bullet proof vest, taser, 3 taser charges, and mace

Choices:
Kill Brent (<1min), go to the gas station (>10min), break down inside and kill yourself (end of story)
>>
>>672075
also, i know my id changed, i'm the same OP, it's still the same story. Welcome back.
>>
>>672075
>go to the gas station (>10min)
>>
>>672086
You and Brent continue on to the gas station, you see a few stray people mourning over what you can only assume is their deceased loved ones, there are so few of them, you, Brent, and along with the .1% of the population of the united states are lucky to be alive. This truly is, total, nuclear annihilation. As you and Brent come up to the gas station, you notice 3 people going through the supplies and taking up all that they can get their hands on, closer inspection reveals that the clerk that was there was killed in the blast, these people are scavenging the store, grabbing food, water, medical supplies, etc. Brent doesn’t recognize them, and you don’t either, they ARE however sporting red bandanas from their back pockets, you can only assume that they are in some sort of gang. This looks like it’s going to only go one way, and that’s bad. The Gang members will take notice of you if you are here for too long (5 min) you have to think fast...time is 12:50

Statuses:
Your mental state is -9%
You are fine
Your leg is splinted

Inventory:
Needle and thread, gauze (1 meter used), painkillers(22), clothes(e), a coat(e), a baseball cap(e), boots(e), a baseball-bat, duct tape(1 meter used), backpack, AA batteries(12), a canteen (full but not pure), climbing rope (½ meter used), harness, climbing shoes, and a climbing pick, gas station key, 9mm pistol (e), 3 pistol clips for the 9mm (15 rounds), bullet proof vest (e), taser, 3 taser charges, and mace

Choices:
Try and bait them out with Brent/allow him to approach and ambush the gang members (5 min), use yourself as bait for Brent to ambush the gang members (5 min), start a firefight while having the element of surprise (<1min), quietly leave and think of a plan (3 min).
>>
>>672092
>use yourself as bait for Brent to ambush the gang members (5 min)
>>
>>672143
You decide to use yourself as bait for brent to ambush them, you give him the better gun (your 9mm) and approach the gang members. They notice your presence and immediately raise their guns and threaten to shoot if you continue to walk forward. You tell them to calm down and ask if they can spare some of the supplies they have “scored”, they look at each other, puzzled by what they should do, they clearly aren’t too good at problem solving. You notice that brent has snuck around and is lining up to kill the three of them, you have your bat strung up on your back, ready to go if necessary. Brent is ready to go, but he’s not doing anything. Does he want you to stall? Or does he want you to make the first move? You’re not sure. Time is 12:52

Statuses:
Your mental state is -8%
You are fine, but tense
Your leg is splinted

Inventory:
Needle and thread, gauze (1 meter used), painkillers(22), clothes(e), a coat(e), a baseball cap(e), boots(e), a baseball-bat, duct tape(1 meter used), backpack, AA batteries(12), a canteen (full but not pure), climbing rope (½ meter used), harness, climbing shoes, and a climbing pick, gas station key, 9mm pistol (e), 3 pistol clips for the 9mm (15 rounds), bullet proof vest (e), taser, 3 taser charges, and mace

Choices:
Attempt to stall the situation and try and offer something you want in order to distract them for longer (2 min), slowly get closer (3 min)
>>
>>672174
>Attempt to stall the situation and try and offer something you want in order to distract them for longer (2 min)
Look people, there is enough stuff for both of us. How about we share the wealth and live to see another day?
>>
>>672174
think about skantily clad buxom women on trampolines
>>
>>672213
You attempt to stall the situation and offer some of your things to give Brent some time to continue to set up. Saying:
“Guys, there is enough stuff for both of us. How about we share the wealth and live to see another day?”
They just reply with:
“Fuck you man, all this stuff is ours.”
Brent nods in your direction, raising his gun, ready to fire at the man to the right of the man in front of you. You say:
“Ok, ok, just calm down we don’t have to do anything rash.” Brent takes his shot, killing the man he is trained on instantly, the other two then turn away from you and face brent, now’s your chance...for some reason you also think of scantily clad buxom women on trampolines. the time is 12:54

Statuses:
Your mental state is -7%
You are fine, but tense
Your leg is splinted

Choices:
(this is a combat scenario, roll to determine effectiveness of your actions).
Attack the man closest to you with your bat and draw the sixshooter brent gave you earlier to kill the other (dangerous <1min), duck behind cover / and get in a firefight (safer <1min)
>>
>>672233
this.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d100)

>>672239
yolo. hit that guy with a bat and pop the other one with your sixshooter
>>
>Attack the man closest to you with your bat and draw the sixshooter brent gave you earlier to kill the other.

Sounds good, right?
>>
>>672269
shit nevermind
>>
>>672239
>roll to determine effectiveness of your actions
What dice? d6? d10? d20? d100?
how many? 1? 3? 5?
>>
>>672272
>>672269
You decide fuck it and attack the guy closest to you with your bat, the sheer force of the bat knocked him out, you draw the six shooter, but stumble and drop the gun, the last man has enough time to react and attempts to take a shot at you, he hits you in the foot of the leg that’s already fucked up. Brent then shoots and kills the man that hit you. After the dust settles and it’s just you and Brent, the adrenaline dies down and you feel it, the shooting pain of the bullet wound in your foot, you fall to the ground, but your mouth wont scream it hurts so fucking much. Brent looks for an exit wound, and there luckily, is one. You take off your boot and wrap the fuck out of the wound with more gauze. Brent takes up the guns and ammo of the three men and hands them to you. You take 2 more pain pills to compensate, the one you took a while ago are starting to wear off anyway. You make a crutch to take the load off of your foot. You look outside and it begins snowing, but it’s not snow....time is 1:00

statuses:
Your foot hurts like hell, but it should be fine.
Mental state is -20%
Leg is splinted

Inventory:
Needle and thread, gauze (1.5 meter used), painkillers(20), clothes(e), a coat(e), a baseball cap(e), boots(e), a baseball-bat (e), duct tape(1.5 meter used), backpack, AA batteries(12), a canteen (full but not pure), climbing rope (½ meter used), harness, climbing shoes,a climbing pick, gas station key, 9mm pistol (e), 2 pistol clips for the 9mm (15 rounds), a semi-used pistol clip for the 9mm (13 rounds) (e), bullet proof vest (e), taser, 3 taser charges, and mace, 2 glock 17s (full ammo), 1 glock 17 (14 rounds), and sixshooter.

Choices:
Tell brent to take your backpack and take the load off your foot (this renders everything in inventory not followed by (e) his) and search for more supplies (1 hour), search the men for more useful things (10 min), that’s not snow / find a more suitable structure to take shelter in (30 min)

>>672331
sorry, somewhat new to this board, so i didn't specify, from now on, assume combat as the following,
roll a 100 sided die each time a combat decision is made, if a decision is considered dangerous, 80-100 means maximum effectiveness, with varying degrees of success, 50-79 means moderate effectiveness, again with varying degrees of success, anything below 50 is minimal effectiveness, with again, varying degrees of success.

if a situation is somewhat safe, just increase the maximum effective range by 10 (so 70 - 100 is max, 69 - 50 is med, below 50 is bad)

if a situation is safe, then 10-100 is good, but varying degrees of success from 10-100, if it's below 10, your luck is so shit you might as well be dead.
>>
>>672347
example: the situation is a fist fight between jason and some random guy, you roll the 100 sided die and make a choice as to what to do (say it's punch at face). i say that punching the guy in the face is a moderately safe thing to do,

you roll a 73, the act of punching the guy is successful, and he doesn't get OHKO.

say you roll a 58, the act of punching him is successful, but you hurt your hand a little.

say you roll a 40, the act of punching him is not successful, in fact you can break your hand, or you miss and he hits you.

it's mostly my discretion, but it allows some random events that even i cant predict, it just allows me to give a more realistic telling of Jason's luck and success in fighting.
>>
>>672347
>that’s not snow / find a more suitable structure to take shelter in (30 min)
If we can close the curtain screens of the shop we should hole up here and try to tape most of the holes to prevents the ash to enter.
>>
>>672367
You make the decision to try and find shelter, a quick survey of your surroundings shows that there is not much to hide in, you lay there, foot hurting like hell, for the first time in awhile, you’re not sure what to do in the current situation. You could draw down the curtain screens of the gas station in order to get some more protection from the fallout, but you’re not sure if even that would work. Brent pipes up, he says, “hey, one of these guys had a car key!” you ask “but where in the fuck is the car?”
“Outside, what the hell is going on out there? It’s snowing?!?!”
“That’s not snow, i read somewhere that after a nuke, there is this shit that comes after the blast, irradiated dust, fallout. We should find a place to hold out while this shit is falling, if we go out in that, we WILL die.”
“This place does have a basement. Maybe that’ll offer some more protection.”
You think that sounds like a good idea, you grab a few sleeping bags and follow brent to the basement. It’s empty aside from a small pallet of water bottles and a small collection of foods (chips, candy, gas station food, etc.)
“I found some sleeping bags upstairs”, let’s take a load off and allow you to heal.
“Good idea” you say.
You finish moving most of the things you found up stairs to the basement and set up a small base of sorts, you fasion some can chimes to alert you of invaders at the doorway to the basement, you can finally calm down for the day.
You and brent crack open some beer cans, and allow your minds to settle about the day’s events, on minute, you were a normal citizen of California. Going to work, and hoping to get by minding your own business and staying out of the way, the next, you’re having to mercy kill police officers in the street and kill small groups of people just to get by. Will you ever have the same worries again? You doubt it...time is 1:50

Statuses:
Your foot hurts like hell
Your mental state is -19%
Leg is splinted
You are tired
You are hungry
You are thirsty

Inventory:
Needle and thread, gauze (1.5 meter used), painkillers(20), clothes(e), a coat(e), a baseball cap(e), boots(e), a baseball-bat (e), duct tape(1.5 meter used), backpack, AA batteries(12), a canteen (full but not pure), climbing rope (½ meter used), harness, climbing shoes,a climbing pick, gas station key, 9mm pistol (e), 2 pistol clips for the 9mm (15 rounds), a semi-used pistol clip for the 9mm (13 rounds) (e), bullet proof vest (e), taser, 3 taser charges, and mace, 2 glock 17s (full ammo), 1 glock 17 (14 rounds), and sixshooter.

Choices:
You can eat, drink, and go to sleep after a hard time of getting by (6 hours), you can take sleep shifts with Brent to guard the basement (6 hours)
>>
>>672414
new mechanics::
base inventory and management,
your base has a set amount of gear, and resources, you will be able to manage this base as the quest continues, people you help can use this base with you, at any time, request for base inventory or base population to see who all is there, with each day that passes, the base’s reserves of food and water drains in conjunction with how many people are at that base, the bases have a maximum storage space that will be listed on request of the base’s inventory or population. These bases can be used as rest points for you to skip to the next day or just simply a place where you can know that you’re safe. If a base has a lot of resources, it’ll come under attack by gangs or other survivors, these survivors may just need food, and if you help them, they might help you back, you never know.

Follower and follower inventory:
Your follower right now is Brent, all followers have their own inventories, you can trade resources with them or talk to them to build trust. The more a follower trusts you, the less likely they will betray you in situation when they can. The follower’s statuses are also available on request. When you switch followers the follower you had prior switches inventories with the new one you choose.
>>
>>672414
>You can eat, drink, and go to sleep after a hard time of getting by (6 hours)
Clean the wounds, if we have some alcohol, use i to desinfect the foot. I think it's required to have a first aid kit in the place so find it and use the content inside.

Have Brent look into the Glocks and either clean them if they're in good condition or break them down for parts. If he's good at keeping guns clean and shit.
Find a map of the area too.
>>
>>672463
You decide to take a load off and get some sleep, before you hit the hay however, you replace you bandages and disinfect the wounds with some vodka, your gauze and bandages is replenished thanks to the supply sweep of the gas station. You fill your canteen with pure water and eat some trail mix to allow yourself to get your energy back, while doing this you instruct Brent to clean the pistols, he says he doesn’t know how, you think for a second and realize that you don’t know how either...bummer, the guns should be ok for the time being, they haven’t been exposed to the elements too much by the looks at the conditions. You remove some of your inventory and set down some things in the basement Brent is complaining about his ear hurting, he can’t hear well out of it. You think it’s time to get some sleep.

Statuses:
Your foot hurts like hell
Your leg is splinted
Your mental state is -18%
Your wounds are sterilized

Inventory:
Needle and thread, 3 rolls of gauze , painkillers(20), clothes(e), a coat(e), a baseball cap(e), boots(e), a baseball-bat (e), 3 rolls of duct tape, backpack, AA batteries(12), a canteen (full and pure), climbing rope (½ meter used), harness, climbing shoes,a climbing pick, 9mm pistol, 2 9mm clips (15 rounds)
>>
>>672509
writing the beginning of day 2...
>>
>>672509
>Brent is complaining about his ear hurting
You'll never hear the silence ever again.
>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>672509
I don't know the cooldown for irradiated ash, but we might be in that basement for a while
>>
>>673203

Be a good idea to seal up as much of upstairs as possible for that matter
>>
take another pain killer, look at Brent's ear to see if it's hurt or swollen any. it's possible he just has tinnitus as well, which would fade over time (hopefully)
>>
>>675864
>>673429
>>673203
>>672522
sorry for taking so long, but day 2's script is finished, let's get this show on the road yet again...

Day 2 :: The Radioactive Calm after the Storm

You wake up next to Brent, he’s already awake and is roasting some hotdogs on a small camping stove, “up and at ‘em” he says, offering you a hotdog, you pick it up and eat it. It tastes bland...your head hurts like it did after the blast, and your foot is acting up again, examination of your bandages shows that they are needing replacement. You think it would be a good idea for you to try to continue to seal up leaks upstairs, the radioactive snow is worrisome, it should have stopped falling, but it is still dangerous to be exposed to. You remember Brent’s ear, and you ask him about it, he says, “i still can’t hear out the damn thing, but it’s hurting a lot less.” you take a painkiller and replace your bandages, you replenish both supplies from the basement. You’re not sure what you should do in order to fight the radioactive snow, but you do know one thing, staying here for long is a REALLY terrible idea, the radiation is lethal in the doses that it’s being presented outside. You remember the car keys that you nabbed off of one of the gangsters, you ask Brent, “hey, where did those car keys go?”, he replies with, “ahh, the car, i still have the keys, I saw it across the street from here, only trouble is the snow. What do you think we should do about that by the way?”... the time is 9:45 am

Statuses:
Your mental state is 0%
Your leg is splinted

Inventory:
Needle and thread, 3 rolls of gauze , painkillers(30), clothes(e), a coat(e), a baseball cap(e), boots(e), a baseball-bat (e), 3 rolls of duct tape, backpack, AA batteries(12), a canteen (full and pure), climbing rope (½ meter used), harness, climbing shoes,a climbing pick, 9mm pistol, 2 9mm clips (15 rounds)

Choices:
(tell me what you guys think you can do with the base’s materials in order to get to the car. I will determine the danger of the said action, and how long that action will take)
>>
>>676533
Base inventory: (gas station)
weapons :
4 hatchets
2 9mm pistols (both have full ammo clips) (extra clips of ammo (2) )
5 improvised firework explosives
4 hunting knives
6 hammers
6 shooter pistol (one bullet used)
Apparel:
12 button up shirts
14 t-shirts
16 long sleeve shirts
4 pairs of jeans
2 pairs of ski pants
3 heavy coats
8 baseball caps
4 balaclavas
3 ushanka hats
Chemicals and aid:
15 bottles of cleaning solution (lemon scented)
5 (1 gal.) bottles of bleach
6 bottles of ammonia
8 boxes of antibiotics
6 boxes of painkillers (about 20 bottles full)
7 bottles of cough medicine
40 cartons of cigarettes
10 rolls of gauze
6 medkits (each has everything you need to fix any wound)
Food:
10 potatoes
80 cans of beans
80 cans of peaches
4 (15 strip) bacon packages
3 (10 count) hot dog packages
8 bags of trail mix
12 chocolate bars
16 bags of candy
Miscellaneous:
30 magazines
10 rolls of duct tape
1 sewing kit
4 decks of cards
4 backpacks
5 duffle bags
3 pairs of skis
4 pallets
12 stray wooden planks
2 small crates
1 big crate
16 tie down elastic cords
25 nails
80 feet of rope
4 buckets
>>
>>676537
Combine the nails, hammer, and wood planks to create BARRICADES! Fortify up the basement openings and create a makeshift wall to your safe place with the crates, tape, and pallets.
>>
>>676550
even if you do that, you still need to get to the car to get out of the city. you'll probably just be wasting resources
>>
Put everything into the duffelbags, make one for food one for meds and so forth.

Take an antibiotic shot, brent should take one as well.
tie something over our face so we don't breath as much radioactive dust.
No map? that's one of the things we need to find, much easier to decide if we want to play a innawood survivor or an unnaground when we know the direction of the most likely shelter.
>>
File: Basement.png (26KB, 1308x1098px) Image search: [Google]
Basement.png
26KB, 1308x1098px
>>676550
Well, an internal wall.
>>676577
Also. Why'd we leave the city. If we run out of gas, we're dealing with several months radiation in the open. We gotta hunker down and scav on occasion, using our heavy loadup of ski jackets, boots, and pants. But for now. It's not safe to leave.
>>
>>676603
we are in an initial fallout location of one of the many blasts from the united states, this is where the most irradiated materials will be right after the blast, leaving here is the best thing we can do, we can still be close to LA, but for the time being, it's best to leave.
>>
File: 1475806734153.jpg (74KB, 640x617px) Image search: [Google]
1475806734153.jpg
74KB, 640x617px
>>676617
But if we go. We're risking being left in the open with the stuff. And I'd rather much lay down like Bert the Turtle than become another statistic
>>
>>676625
i guess, your right, want some more character development with Brent? we can decide to hunker down for another day or so, and hope the wind carries more of the fallout away from where we're at. it's a tad risky though.
>>
>>676637
Yer' decision OP
>>
>>676639
>>676603
>>676595
Being unsure of what EXACTLY you and Brent should do, you decide to prepare for both scenarios. You begin making a makeshift wall for the basement, allowing airflow from the outside to be going past you rather than where you are sleeping, just in case you need to hold out. You plug up some holes in the upper area to prevent more leaks. To do this you use a roll of duct tape, and some planks/nails. You then fabricate some makeshift gas masks using torn pieces of clothing and plastic from the candy packaging. You also create some suits for use outside of the gas station for any form exploring needs. You cannot be outside for more than an hour, or you suffer some serious radiation poisoning, you beleive use of a medkit or antibiotics can cure the short term effects of the radiation, but only a modern hospital will have the equipment and people necessary to cure your radiation sickness should it befall unto you. You also pack large amounts of the food and aid into the duffle bags and backpacks for any “get out fast” situation. This whole process takes 5 hours of work divided between you and Brent...the time is 1:50pm.

statuses :
Your mental state improved due to the focus and work done, +30%
Your leg is splinted, but feeling great
You’re doing fine

Inventory:
Needle and thread, 3 rolls of gauze , painkillers(30), clothes(e), a coat(e), a baseball cap(e), boots(e), a baseball-bat (e), 3 rolls of duct tape, backpack, AA batteries(12), a canteen (full and pure), climbing rope (½ meter used), harness, climbing shoes,a climbing pick, 9mm pistol, 2 9mm clips (15 rounds)

Choices:
Ask Brent more about who he is and what his life was like before yesterday (builds trust)(1 hour), put on your makeshift hazmat suit and scavenge for extra supplies (<5min to get ready, go outside and clock starts till radiation).
>>
>>676717
>Ask Brent more about who he is and what his life was like before yesterday (builds trust)(1 hour),
>>
>>676767
Ths
>>
>>676767
You walk back down into the basement and lay down on one of the sleeping bags, Brent is sitting there next to you, reading a magazine. As you come in, he offers you a drink of water. You ask him, “so what was life like for you, before yesterday when the bomb fell? ” Brent replies “ahh, just the regular life of a regular person, i worked as a mechanic for cars and trucks, the shop’s about 2 miles north from here, my buddy is the guy who owns the place. At this point, i’m pretty certain he’s dead, if he’s not here, he’s at those apartments i found you at, that is where he lived after all.” you feel sort of guilty for not saying anything yet about the key you found off that body back at the apartments, could that have been Brent’s friend? He continues “Yeah, i mean, i had it pretty set, making a decent wage for an honest job, beats what i was doing before. I was a bum about 2-3 years ago, wasn’t making any money and definitely wasn’t happy. I had no job, a wife that had left me, and nobody that really cared. Ol’ Dan was the only one that really did all that much for me. I’d come back here every now and again, begging the customers at the front door for spare change… I’d just use it for booze. Dan came up to me one day and he said, ‘you’re outside of my store all day, almost everyday begging for money, i think it’s about time i help you get a job.’ the thought of someone helping me was almost alien. I resisted his help at first, but it dawned on me that he really did care about my well being. There was something inside of him that wanted me to succeed, he got me a job at that mechanic shop and i’ve been working here ever since. We’d hang out at the bar every now and again. Always a treat to see him in my perspective, i tell you what Jason, when you helped my nasty gash yesterday, i felt the same way i felt the day i realized that Dan really cared. Thanks.” you both continue to talk for awhile but are interrupted by a rumble above ground. As you start to emerge from below ground, you hear radio chatter *unit 12, what’s your location*...the time is 2:45 pm.

Statuses:
Your leg is splinted, but feeling great
You are fine
Your mental state is +19%

Inventory:
Needle and thread, 3 rolls of gauze , painkillers(30), clothes(e), a coat(e), a baseball cap(e), boots(e), a baseball-bat (e), 3 rolls of duct tape, backpack, AA batteries(12), a canteen (full and pure), climbing rope (½ meter used), harness, climbing shoes,a climbing pick, 9mm pistol, 2 9mm clips (15 rounds), Dan’s gas station key

Choices:
Go back down in the basement to prepare (<1 min) (they are coming down in <5min), carefully go above ground and ambush the figure inside the gas station (2 min).
>>
>>676885
Go back and prepare
>>
>>676885
If possible, get Iodine Pills
>>
>>676885
Sounds like the cops and more of them. I'd go down to basement to prepare, hide and set an ambush
>>
>>676885
Would a radio, hell, electronics in general even be working after a nuclear blast?
>>
>>680653
If they were emp protected or plot related then yes
>>
Prepare and try to get a little more info about the incoming rhreat and them prepare to ambush them if necessary. Dont want to be unpleasently surprised
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.