[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civilization Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 20

File: Civilization Quest.jpg (2MB, 2300x7000px) Image search: [Google]
Civilization Quest.jpg
2MB, 2300x7000px
I guess just kind of general rules. Nothing too fancy.

>Three votes for a race locks it in. Please only vote for one along with your biome.
>Three votes for a biome locks it in. Please only vote for one along with your race.
>After the race and the biome are chosen, the QM will present three or four conflicts that need to be resolved. For example, a food crisis, an upcoming war with another civilization, threat of extinction, diplomatic unrest or uniting against a common enemy, a coming plague or world war, etc... Three votes locks in what crisis is first addressed, specification might be needed but we'll cross that bridge if we come to it.
>Statistics like population and resources will be decided after the race, biome, and conflict are cemented in.

It's my first time as QM, so I might not be well versed in every civilization. I will have some weaknesses with species like the insects, machines, constructs, slimes... I'm not very well-versed on these things as of right now, but that can change in the future. If enough people want to do it, then that's fine. You've been warned, is all.

OP is ill and will be in for the night and possibly all of tomorrow. Will make a call when bed time happens.

It is possible to lose the game.

NOTE: We're going to combine paths of choice with rolls. If someone has a different idea aside from those presented, please list your option as “OTHER” before suggesting it. Try not to do this too much, it can overload players. Players vote on “OTHER” posts by replying.

I guess that's it. Let's solve some problems.
>>
P.S. In order to save space, OP is going to be using https://rolz.org/ for dice rolls. The website keeps a log of what you've rolled previously, so a screenshot of that will be provided when OP needs to dice roll.

Players please roll on this website. You'll be prompted to do so when the time comes.
>>
>>669821
Kobolds
Ruins
>>
OP is still around, waiting for more people. If you wanna start fresh, this is your thread.

Just as clarification, players roll in 4chan, OP rolls in the other site. I realize that could be read out of context.
>>
>>669821
machines
ruins
>>
>>669821
>Kobolds
>Ruins
>>
Alright, the ruins have been locked in.

2 votes for Kobold

1 vote for Machines
>>
>>670194
Just roll with kobolds op this thread isn't getting anywhere.
>>
>>670194
Kobold
>>
I'll also go with Kobold.
>>
>>670268
No kidding, I knew threads were slow in /qst/ but damn.

Kobold is locked in and Ruins are locked in.

Alright, stats time. If anyone has any questions or if I'm being unclear, please call it out.

>Race: Kobold
>Environment: Ruins
>Population: 7/10 breeding, which qualifies for an above average population GROWTH of 7,000 annually. Species experiencing above average expansion in an environment that only provides average expansion. Overcrowding is an issue.
>Resources: 6/10, resources are normally not in short supply and are gathered on a moderate basis. Kobolds are not prone to gluttony and only consume necessities. "Luxury" resources are weighed by practical application rather than beauty or rareness.
>Defense: 5/10. Pack-based defense, i.e. "rallying the troops" is bumped to 6/10. One-on-one combat lowers defense to 3/10. When fighting in ruins, apply +3 defense as a modifier.
>Offense: 4.5/10 in close, pack-based combat, stealth and infiltration-based attacks bump it up to 7/10.
>Diplomatic Relations: Kobolds have an organized society with a hierarchy system, but not recognized as a diplomatic power by species with a diplomacy of 5 or higher. If a civilization has less than 6 tech, Kobolds can provide sophisticated tools and goods to gain footing in that species' diplomacy/counsel/etc...
>SPECIAL: Minor Versatility, starting with a chaotic bonus of either magic, religion, terrain, or tech. This will be voted on later (very soon).

I think that's everything, stats-wise. Thank you for your patience, typing the conflict along with some flavor text now.
>>
>>670427
what would a bonus to religion and terrain do?
>>
>>670476
It depends what route you want to take. A chaotic bonus towards your terrain may increase the defense for species who do not know how to handle chaotic energies. It may guard against humans, elves, etc... It could also backfire and kill you all.

A chaotic bonus to religion may allow your species to ally with those who appreciate this. For example, demons, Tengu, the Undead... It may also cause political unrest in your society, depending on the route you want to take.

Almost done with the flavor. Just a minute or so.
>>
Deep in the ruins of a long-forgotten civilization breathes new life. The Kobolds have claimed this land as their own, and have created a society reliant on chaotic energies. Despite their affinity towards and practices of volatile magics, the Kobolds are stronger in numbers and work best when all aimed towards a specific goal. Some are wiser than the others, some are stronger, and some are more intelligent. Everyone serves a purpose and contributes to this society. The Kobolds have been self-sufficient since the species has existed, and have been able to live comfortably on their own.

And here you sit, a experienced Kobold well-known among your people, with a scar on your forehead and callouses on your fingers. You are living proof that your species is versatile, and has the power to thrive under the harshest of circumstances. You sit before a loud and unruly gathering of Kobolds, each with an opinion. Shamans thrust fetishes and scrolls in the air, shouting of new discoveries in the realm of chaotic magic, declaring them to be of the utmost importance. And then, the shrill shrieks of a female Kobold rise up, cursing everyone around that saw her infant son be crushed under the weight of a decayed beam. She is adamant to make sure everyone knows that they are not safe in their own homes.

Another voice, this one male, criticizes her for her inability to watch her children. She is called an unfit mother who lets her offspring climb wherever they please. Another male chimes in and insists that this is not her fault, and that the ruins are far too overcrowded. A space for five may be used to house twelve or fifteen residents, and sleeping in the streets is not uncommon. It is an uncomfortable situation. An older female, a sage, insists that there is nothing the Kobolds can do about this on their own. After decades of your civilization being self-reliant, it is now time to reach out to other civilizations. The eras have changed, and living as an isolated species is no longer an option. As expected, this is met with harsh backlash.

In short, this is just a mess. You sigh deeply, close your eyes, and wonder how you should respond. Whatever you say, your voice will carry a significant weight.

Please choose the conflict you feel needs immediate addressing:

A. The growing population and overcrowding. Too many Kobolds, not enough living space.
B. Revitalizing the ruins and securing the base. All resources and efforts go into security.
C. Delving further into chaotic magic and exploring the limits of this power.
D. Exploring outer lands and reaching other civilizations to extend diplomacy.
>>
>>670581
>A
Kobold burrows when
>>
>>670581
(The conflict is decided based on which option gets the most votes, or reaches 3 votes first depending on the speed of the thread.)
>>
>>670581
A

overcrowding be gone.
>>
You raise your arms and with a bellowing voice order your people to cease talking. The noise dies down almost instantly, and those who have gathered in the back are whispering your name.

You tell your people that progression is not possible until this living situation is under control. If you can not function properly in your environment, then there will be no success in any other accomplishment. You give an impassioned speech about your own adversities, as well as the adversities of those before you, and how every time your species has used their innovative abilities to solve all problems. There is a reason your people are so abundant, after all.

A few are angry with you. The mother curses your name under her breath and pushes her way out of the crowd. However, most nod and agree with you. You tell your people to return to their business for the time being, and that when they are needed they will be called upon. The crowd disperses, and you feel slightly relieved. It's not after long, though, that you realize that you will be the one in charge of this, and that all responsibility has fallen on your shoulders.

At this point, you feel a presence coming closer towards you. It is the sage from before, and only at this close distance can you see that this elderly Kobold is blind. She introduces herself as Krakawla, one of the oldest members in your tribe. She has lived through war, famine, and has come out all the wiser. Krakawla praises your handling of the situation, and asks to speak with you one on one to discuss the future of your people and the outside world. You've made it very clear that the -overcrowding- needs to be addressed rather than her own cause. She still insists that you come with her to see what information and intelligence she can give you to go about your business.

You feel another presence behind you, and turn to see one of your shamans. He grunts at you in slight dismay, but motions you over with his gnarled, stone-built stave. There's something inside you that feels uneasy, but you are curious nevertheless.

Please choose your route:

A. Speak with Krakawla. She seems confident that the information she has will help you.
B. Follow the shaman and see what his strange behavior is about.
C. Leave by yourself and begin to draw up plans to solve to overcrowding issue. Think before you act.
D. Gather stragglers from the “debate” to help you with creating a better environment. Take immediate action.
E. Go get something to eat and drink at one of the stalls. Screw it, you need a break.
F. Other (remember to say “other” in your post... vote for “other” posts by replying to them)

(Again, whichever gets three votes first or has the most votes wins)
>>
>>670723
>B. Follow the shaman and see what his strange behavior is about.

We need to be in good terms with our religious faction.
>>
>>670864
seconded
>>
>>670723
>B. Follow the shaman and see what his strange behavior is about.
>>
(Sorry for long flavor texts on these, hope it's worth the wait.)

The shaman's presence is just too eerie to ignore. You dismiss Krakawla, but thank her for the offer. She nods, and agrees that you have much to do. Krakawla gives you instructions to the home she lives in, a small plot towards the edge of the ruins, and tells you that if you ever need her help she is more than willing to assist you. You exchange goodbyes and she makes her way through the crowd with surprising grace.

You wait until the area has dispersed a little more, then turn towards where the shaman was-- Only to find that he is not there any more. You look around, then hear a soft jingling noise like metal bars being hit together. The noise resounds again, and something inside of your mind tells you to follow it. It leads you away from the crowd, chiming, beckoning you further outside of the crowded area... And to a part of the ruins you haven't seen before.

This section is far more dilapidated than the rest of your environment. Shreds of dried and decayed wood lay on the grown like straw, the structure of what were once... Houses? Market stalls? You can't tell, but everything has been completely demolished. No wonder no one's around. It makes you feel uneasy, you're not used to being out by yourself. You start to regret your decision to follow the noise alone, and a scuffling to the side makes you arch your hands and extend your claws. Your maw snaps open as you belt a hissing screech, a warning call for whatever is out there to stay away.

Predictably enough, it's the shaman. He bows his head, features already obscured by his tattered grey cloak. Body still pumping adrenaline, completely in defensive mode, you demand he explains all of this to you. The shaman growls lowly and taps his staff on the ground once. Only then do you notice the thin, silver bars at the top chiming together.

“You think this is our biggest problem, Kobold? It is not. No longer do our people bury themselves underneath the earth... A foolish mistake. We are living on the surface and paying the price.”

His voice is low, raspy, and menacing. If he weren't one of your own, you would run. You are threatened, and he knows this.

“I am not here to harm you, Kobold.” His teeth, yellow and cracked-- His upper left canine completely absent-- almost curl as he smiles arrogantly. “You are clearly a figure of authority. Our people respect you, but what I am about to tell you can not reach civilian ears. This needs to be contained.”

You lower your guard slightly, and he motions you along into another journey. You decide to follow him.

(1/2)
>>
>>671055

(2/2)

“We are of the earth. Our skies are made of granite, coal, and shine with gemstones. Now, our people have traveled to this desecrated place, and look up before their slumber to see celestial beings lining an open void.” The shaman limps slightly on his right leg. “You wonder why we are so distressed, Kobold, it is because we do not have that security of a solid cover. Our people are taught not to show fear, but do not mistake this for lack thereof. They are scared.”

He stops for a moment, looking around before shuffling his foot in the dirt and kicking up the loose sand. “This earth is weak. Upon our arrival, some of us remained true to our instincts and tunneled into the earth... But the foundation was not sturdy, and those digging their homes were buried in them.” You remember this. A group of forty or fifty Kobolds had been buried alive due to the ground not being able to support a burrow-like structure. It's what prompted your people to live on the outside.

The shaman extends his arms, the cracked leather of his skin now visible as his billowing sleeves roll down to his elbows. “All this vastness... This open “sky”... All of this is now open to us and we are still running out of room to live. On my way to hear you speak I passed by a family so large that children were forced to sleep outside their hovel and away from their caretakers' sides, unprotected and defenseless. Were it not for the exterior walls that conceal us from the outside, we would be sitting ducks. But even these will not hold forever.”

Something inside of you tells you that this shaman is right. He turns to you. “Kobold, I hear the whispers in the night, our peoples fears and their prayers. They pray to the earth to take them back, and are denied.” He sighs, and pauses.

“And then... I hear the whispers of shadows. Whispers of those who are turning towards volatile means to bring back our old way of life. For some, they believe it's their last hope. For others... Well, chaos incites chaos, does it not?” You stare blankly at him, unsure how to react at all this information. “It saddens me to say that our own people would take advantage of our fears, Kobold, but they will. Exposure to this world has corrupted our society. Fear turned into chaos is something that can not be controlled. Remember that.”

You are not entirely sure what to say.

A. Assure the shaman that you will do whatever possible to solve the overcrowding issue, then go back to town.
B. Ask him what he means by “fear turned into chaos”. Why should you remember that?
C. Ask him for the names of those practicing this magic. You might want to follow up on leads.
D. Ask his name. Who are you, shaman?
E. Other
>>
>>671060
C- Ask him for the names of those practicing this magic. You might want to follow up on leads.
Just in case.
>>
>>671060
>E. Other
Ask him for suggestions, what's his take on the affair, does he feel like the ruins could become a proper home for our race or must we abandon it and move on to darker places?
>>
>>671060
>C. Ask him for the names of those practicing this magic. You might want to follow up on leads.
Kobold magic can backfire with dire consequences right?

Might want to keep tabs on that kind of stuff.
>>
You eventually resolve to ask him for the names of those involved with these practices. Maybe you can stalk the streets and pick up some information, or try to find these Kobolds on your own. But your answer is disappointing.

“I do not know the names of those practicing this magic. However, this has become widespread enough to reach my ears. This is not a matter of just one or two people with outrageous ideas.” It doesn't sound promising. You are about to ask him something else, until he continues.

“A name I do have is Mok. He is not an enemy, Kobold, and he may prove to be a great ally for you. He is an old shaman, and was the first to bring these malpractices to my attention. He's becoming crippled, and if it were not for his immobility you would be talking to him instead of me. He is wiser than all I have ever met. ” The shaman limps towards you, and eventually past you. “We belong to the earth, Kobold. We are safe in the confines of the ground below and must return to it. I urge you to remember this. Other than that... I've nothing more to tell you. May you find luck on whatever path you decide to take.”

You hear the chiming of the pipes against his staff, then see his visage meld into the shadows. You carry on quickly, as well, not liking feeling so alone.

This is a lot to think about. But the main issue at hand is still trying to solve the problem of overcrowding. Fat lot of good anything's going to do to your people when they smother each other just by existing. You consider what this shaman had to say, about returning to the earth, and are not sure what to think about it. There was a reason you all ended up here, after all.

You are back among your people in a shorter time than you expected. Miraculously, you had no difficulty finding your way back. What will you do now, Kobold?

A. Look for Mok. Find out what this is all about.
B. Scout for any shifty behavior in the settlement. (Infiltration bonus)
C. Look for someone of importance to consult this overpopulation problem. More opinions, more choices.
D. Go get something to eat. You're hungry.
E. Other
>>
>>671312
A.
>>
>>671312
>A. Look for Mok. Find out what this is all about.
>>
(A quick thanks to those who have stuck this long, and a hello to those just joining.)

It's obvious what you have to do now, and you use common logic to deduce where Mok might be.

There is a relatively intact portion of the ruins. You have no idea what its previous use was for, but it is adorned with white marble. Pockmarks of reasonable size have been exposed and scratched, most likely by thieves who picked gemstones out of the holes. It was an important structure before the Kobolds settled, and was one of the few structures that had a “roof” of rubble and overgrowth covering it. A powerful individual would likely be there.

You resolve to go and see for yourself. During your walk you have a significant amount of difficulty getting through the streets due to all the residents. It seems as if it's to the point where

Finally you see the exterior of white marble. You sense something familiar, and decide that there's no danger here. There's a small sliver in the side of the marble, barely big enough for you to fit, but you manage to slither through.

The interior is less than impressive. Plain, grey stone lines the walls and the floors, rubble and debris coating the latter. What looks like an elevated platform is placed in the corner, and there sits a small, less than menacing figure.

“Who is this?” His voice is heavy and hoarse with age, and the handicap that the shaman mentioned was blatantly obvious. The crook in his leg dividing his knee from his ankle was shriveled, and seemingly without muscle. His feet were twisted to where they curled back, toes touching the heels. You are not sure what happened to this shaman, but it looks horrendously painful. After you're able to get over the surprise of seeing him in this crippled state, you notice that he is indeed old. Grey hairs hang from his chin and jawline, the rough lines of age defining his leathery skin. Small patches on his face had started to turn grey, and the spiked horns on top of his head were beginning to turn brittle. This appearance coupled with the shamanistic totems and symbols hanging from his neck... Yes, this had to be Mok.

(1/2)
>>
>>671668
You introduce yourself and tell him your story. The conflict with the Kobolds in the beginning, the fear of being overrun by your own species, and the things the shaman told you. Mok simply listens, the air from his nostrils making the wispy grey hairs in his nose flutter.

“I see. Kobold, this is of concern to us all. But these magics are better kept a secret from the rest of the tribe. We cannot afford to divide our numbers any further, especially given the circumstances.” He groans as he shifts himself on his seat, legs completely motionless throughout the movement. “We are strong when we are together, and that is the one thing we cannot lose. Even if we do not trust each other, we can not split apart.”

You suddenly become very... Ill? You aren't sure. You've never felt this way before. You are not feverish or dizzy, but you feel uneasy. You feel like this is a place you do not belong, and it is a feeling you do not like. In an attempt to rid yourself of the discomfort, you ask Mok about the group practicing the new chaotic magics. He nods slowly.

“I found evidence of this several moons ago, Kobold.” Mok tells you. “Figures... Five of them, shrouded to conceal their identity, were running through the streets. I sensed their tension and urgency outside of my hovel, here. I did not recognize them, but I recognized the ritualistic fetishes they carried. I asked Ukula, my apprentice, to follow them. She returned several hours later, and was reluctant to tell me what had happened.”

You ask what she saw.

“They were undoubtedly Kobold shamans, and one of them carried a bag full of large rats. Instead of eating them, as we would normally do, they began to chant and held up the bag to the sky. They shook the bag, squeezed it to the point where the rats shrieked and nearly tore through the material. Then, the chaotic magics began to burn through their fingertips, up into the rats, until an explosion of pure energy hit them all. Even Ukula fell from the sheer force... She said she looked at the rats, but there was nothing left but the burned remains of their spines and the ash of their skulls. She ran back for fear of being caught, the smell of decaying and burning flesh still in her snout.”

You don't like the sound of this. True, injuries were sustained in the practice of chaotic magics. Even you know this is a common event. But a death so gruesome was unheard of. You ask why it happened.

(2/3. Miscounted.)
>>
>>671674
(3/3)

“I have not had time to think about it or study the material for myself.” Mok sighs. “But the few shamans I entrusted with this knowledge have reached the conclusion that this magic is brought about by the energy from an intensity like anger or fear. And the unrest of this tribe is a breeding ground for such things. I fear... The betrayal of a weak and greedy soul may soon strike us.”

Mok then looks at you, raising a hand to you in gesture. “Kobold, our kind needs to have the security of a home. We grow in number every day, and each passing night provides more and more uncertainty. This new world has opened up so many things, and I've yet to see any good come from it. But you and I are living proof that we will persevere.” His voice shakes slightly from the intensity of his words. “Perhaps this is an old creature being a foolish reptile, but I want to see this race thrive. We are not just rodents waiting to be exterminated... We are a culture. Will you help me, Kobold? Will you assist me in making a home for our kind?”

A. “You can trust me, Mok. We will flourish as a people.”
B. “This is a big job... I'm not sure.”
C. “No, that is not the way of this race. Your ideals are insane.”

(I will be making a roll next turn on a 1d32 to select a different race. It will go from left to right on the chart, Aquatics being #1 and Were being #32. If the Kobold's number is rolled, another roll will take place. You are not required to roll at this time, but you will soon be asked to do so.)
>>
>>671678
Why new race, OP?
>>
>>671678
A
>>
>>671686
(We're introducing a new race to the story. Depending on how things go, every time a new race is introduced to our Kobolds it will be by random roll.)
>>
>>671686
>>671722
(Kobolds are not being eliminated from the quest, we are not changing the race. They will interact with other races.)
>>
>>671722
Ah, I see. It's late and I'm tired.)
>>
>>671678
>A. “You can trust me, Mok. We will flourish as a people.”
>>
File: dice1.jpg (53KB, 499x400px) Image search: [Google]
dice1.jpg
53KB, 499x400px
You nod, and begin to speak when the unthinkable happens.

Both of your heads shoot straight up as terrified shrieks echo through the air. You think to hide, but against your better judgment you dart through the crevice and look around frantically. The cause of this horror is clear.

A pack of giant, maul-bearing creatures tower over the scattering Kobolds, looking moderately annoyed with the commotion they caused. One snarls, opening its mouth to reveal a set of teeth larger than a Kobold's skull, each covered in vicious saliva. They roar with the clear intent to harm, and one slams down his maul on a Kobold caught in the fray. The smaller creature is instantly broken down into a crushed splattering of internal organs and fluids.

These invaders are the Ursine. Why they are here, you do not know.

You are terrified, as any lesser race than these towering giants might be, but you remember what Mok said. This cannot happen, not now. Defying your race's most primal instincts, you raise your head and in a language only your kind can understand, call your race to arms. Few stop to look at you, most only focused on finding some place to hide. But those that hear your cry stop, and assemble near you. You estimate that about thirty have heard your initial cry, but you may be able to rally more.

You can't worry about that right now. The Ursine have seen your forces and are prepared to attack.

(Alright, troops, rest ye weary heads for the night. It's 3 am here and I need sleep. Tomorrow, battle shall commence. We are facing the Ursine, #30 on the list. Feel free to read stats and think up a strategy, or just go with whatever happens. We'll resume tomorrow some time. Prepare to roll.)
>>
File: dice2.png (67KB, 465x384px) Image search: [Google]
dice2.png
67KB, 465x384px
(ALRIGHT. I've typed this damn thing out three times now, first because the window just closed on me, THEN because Windows decided to update and shut off without telling me.

Sorry I'm late, was sick and slept off a fever, let's get ready. This is an army-style fight, one that I haven't QM'd yet, so things might be shaky. I think I did alright, but if things start getting crappy I can fudge it a little bit.

QM starts the battle, all rolls will count, in this specific fight the more people that contribute means the faster you'll win. After this post I'll put in some more flavor and make the roll.

Rough-draft of this fight is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E-EHOwWGquhGYWBr1z36p7lb4tl433m0tdcDTlQC7os/edit?usp=sharing

Read up, ask questions if you have them, and good luck.)
>>
File: damageroll1.png (53KB, 465x384px) Image search: [Google]
damageroll1.png
53KB, 465x384px
The Ursine push through your tribe, mixed looks of territorial ferocity and some strange kind of confusion on their faces. One of them tries to paw away at the beam separating him from a smaller group of Kobolds, causing splinters of the dry wood to rain on the ground. It gives you an idea. You call to your troop to look for anything that can be used as a weapon, and it doesn't take long before most of them are holding at least relatively sturdy wooden planks.

The ruins have all sorts of nooks and crannies that you know about and these creatures do not. You feel confident that you have the defensive advantage.

But this doesn't deter the Ursine. While a couple try to go after two or three fleeing Kobolds, the majority have locked on to your assembled force and are poised to attack.

The Kobolds brace themselves against these titans. This could be bad.

(Ursine swing, rolling 1d20... Roll: 1... +3 base attack... +8 maul weapon equipped = 12

12 Ursine damage – 9 Kobold defense = 3

3 damage sustained to the Kobolds.)

The Ursine swing at you, but they're clearly out of their element. Their mauls barely grace your troop as you all seem to predict the attack together and evade it for the most part. The wood doesn't even touch some of you. You feel more confident that you can take on these enemies, and you rush to give orders.

(You may perform any one of these actions. This is not a weighted choice, and everyone's decision is counted. “dice+1d10” in the Options part of your post will roll the dice.)

A. Charge! Tell your army to attack this turn. (Roll a 1d10, this turn is expended.)
B. Go low! Give instructions for some of your troops to meld into the shadows for a sneak attack. (Roll a 1d20, this turn is expended.)
C. Rally! Call to the Kobolds and see if any will join. Of course, if you beat down the Ursine enough more will probably join your group regardless. (This turn is expended.)

(Current Kobold army Health: 297)
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>673975
>B. Go low! Give instructions for some of your troops to meld into the shadows for a sneak attack. (Roll a 1d20, this turn is expended.)

we have an obvious defensive advantage so lets abuse it.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>673975
>B.

I only found this place about a week ago, so I honestly have no idea if the dice will even roll.
>>
File: damageroll2.png (55KB, 465x384px) Image search: [Google]
damageroll2.png
55KB, 465x384px
(I'm making a change already. I apparently can't do math right when I'm sick, and I thought 15 was half of 20. THERFORE, we are changing it. 10 and higher qualifies as a successful stealth attack. Updating the sheet now.)

You tell a significant amount of your troops to try to go for a stealth attack, but not all of them are able to find a place to hide. There are too many Kobolds crammed into too few spaces, and a few of your troops are left scattering on their own.

Those that did succeed have melded into the shadows and are poised to strike.

(ID: 2/mHL3KI, you will be making a damage roll next turn with a +7 attack and a +4 weapon bonus.)

(Ursine swing, rolling 1d20... Roll: 15... +3 base attack... +8 maul weapon equipped = 26

26 Ursine damage – 9 Kobold defense = 17

17 damage sustained to the Kobolds.)

The Ursine chase after your scattered troops, cornering some and smashing them into a pulp. Screeches of terror and gargling noises of agony echo through the ruins.

(Current Kobold army Health: 271)
>>
>>674241
(And of course the same combat options apply for this round. I'll let you know if another one is added or another changes.)
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>674241

>A. Charge! Tell your army to attack this turn. (Roll a 1d10, this turn is expended.)
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>674241
>A.
>>
>>674338

>(ID: 2/mHL3KI, you will be making a damage roll next turn with a +7 attack and a +4 weapon bonus.)

>You are 2/mHL3KI

Roll?
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>674385
Ah, sorry, I wasn't reading my own ID. Also, trusting me with damage rolls is a bad idea, I'm doing multiple things right now, so replies will be slow.
>>
>>674385
(He made the proper roll, when you make a successful stealth roll only that ID can use it. Other players can not. As long as a player does not have a successful stealth roll equipped and has not failed 3 stealth rolls, they can roll for it again the next turn.

Are the IDs showing up differently for other people?)
>>
>>674413
>>674402
>>674385

(Alright, I understand how this can be confusing. Ignore my last post, we'll consider the 1d20 as damage for stealth as well as a chance to stealth. Sorry for the confusion, this is the first time I'm hosting an army battle...)
>>
File: damageroll3.png (55KB, 465x384px) Image search: [Google]
damageroll3.png
55KB, 465x384px
(So I apparently dicked up again because I'm stupid. My apologies, I should have reviewed the sheet a little better before getting started. The Kobold army was supposed to start off with 600 health and not 300. Because the hits by the Ursine were both relatively inconsequential, I'm just going to subtract the damage from 600. Sorry again for the speed bumps, guys, you have 571 health here: >>674241
, not 271 health. Embarrassing desu. We're not going to increase the health as Kobolds join simply because it's too much to keep track of. Apologies, apologies. Thank you for sticking with and thanks for joining to all who are new.)

For those who did not hide under the cover of stealth, you point towards the invading Ursine and order in an attack. They charge the invading creatures, surrounding them and beating mercilessly with their makeshift weapons. Those who are under the cover of stealth wait, then leap out from the shadows and strike the Ursine with vicious blows.

(Kobold swing, rolling 1d20 with multiple conditions...

Attack Roll: 3... +4.5 base attack... +4 plank weapon equipped = 11.5 Kobold damage – 6 Ursine defense = 5.5 damage sustained to the Ursine. 6 Kobolds join the army.

Stealth Attack Roll: 14... + 7 base attack +4 plank weapon equipped = 25 Kobold damage - 6 Ursine defense = 19 damage sustained to the Ursine. 19 Kobolds join the army.)

(24.5 damage against the Ursine. 25 Kobolds join the army.)

You look down at the crushed remains of your fallen, as do several other Kobolds. A few of them rise up, and gather around your troop, armed with either stones or wooden beams. You become increasingly more confident as your army grows.

(Current Kobold army size: 54. Automatic win when army reaches 100.)

The Ursine only look slightly affected by your blow, but have noticed the growth of your numbers. A few of them whisper among each other in a language you do not understand. What you do understand are the mauls being swung in your direction.

(Ursine swing, rolling 1d20... Roll: 6... +3 base attack... +8 maul weapon equipped = 17

17 Ursine damage – 9 Kobold defense = 8

8 damage against the Kobolds.)

(Current Ursine troop health: 1476.5)

(Current Kobold army health: 563)
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>674456

>B. Go low! Give instructions for some of your troops to meld into the shadows for a sneak attack. (Roll a 1d20, this turn is expended.)

These two pronged attacks seem to be working well enough...
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>674456

>A.
>>
File: damageroll4.png (56KB, 465x384px) Image search: [Google]
damageroll4.png
56KB, 465x384px
Seeing how effective the last stealth attack was, you order out more Kobolds to do the same. They meld into the shadows with ease, some slipping behind structures and others simply disappearing. The Ursine look confused.

(Kobold swing, rolling 1d10...

Attack Roll: 1... +4.5 base attack... +4 plank weapon equipped = 9.5 Kobold damage – 6 Ursine defense = 3.5 damage sustained to the Ursine. 4 Kobolds join the army.)

(3.5 damage against the Ursine. 4 Kobolds join the army.)

(ID: hyA/br9k, you are currently in stealth mode due to your successful stealth roll. You will be rolling a 1d20 for your next attack damage with the buffed attack.)

More Kobolds begin to rise and join the fight.

(Current Kobold army size: 58. Automatic win when army reaches 100.)

The Ursine shrug off your blows, then prepare to strike again. But the sudden increase of Kobolds joining the army seems to disorient them a bit. Your troops have nearly doubled.

(Ursine swing, rolling 1d20... Roll: 2... +3 base attack... +8 maul weapon equipped = 13

13 Ursine damage – 9 Kobold defense = 4

4 damage against the Kobolds.)

(Current Ursine troop health: 1476.5)

(Current Kobold army health: 559)
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>674545
>B.
A cycle of stealth attacks might help. Now to wait for the other fellow to roll his damage.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>674545

Rolling for stealth attack...
>>
>>674545
FUCKING URSINE FUCK

use our nimbleness to trick the lumbering pelt material
>>
>>674662
Because the fight's going a little slower than I thought it would this is now allowed. Other, player-thought options are now also allowed. You may list an "other" option with specifications over what strategy you (be sure to say "other" so we know you're not just thinking to the group and that you have a solid plan.)

Roll a 1d20 for your option. 10 and over means it is a success, but you will expend your turn after you roll. You have an army at your disposal, so multiple options can incorporated into one turn.
>>
File: damageroll5.png (80KB, 465x384px) Image search: [Google]
damageroll5.png
80KB, 465x384px
>>674707
(Applying the damage rolls this turn. Next turn will incorporate any strategies thought of by the players.

Also, after this fight, you will be able to choose what you want to apply your chaotic bonus to.)
---
The hidden Kobolds pounce, but the Ursine seem to have grown wise to this. The attack is not as effective as before. You might need to think outside the box.

You look around, frantic for something to trick these creatures with. You notice the crumbling ruins, the mass amount of panic, and that most of these Kobolds seem to be citizens. A few shamans are in the crowd, as well.

(Kobold swing, rolling 1d20 with multiple conditions...

Stealth Attack Roll: 5...+7 base attack +4 plank weapon equipped = 16 Kobold damage – 6 Ursine defense = 10 damage against the Ursine. 10 Kobolds join the army.)

(10 damage against the Ursine. 10 Kobolds join the army.)

(ID: hyA/br9k, you are currently in stealth mode due to your successful stealth roll. You will be rolling a 1d20 for your next attack damage with the buffed attack.)

More Kobolds begin to rise and join the fight. Your army has more than doubled at this point.

(Current Kobold army size: 68. Automatic win when army reaches 100.)

The Ursine aren't going down very easily, it seems.

(Ursine swing, rolling 1d20... Roll: 2... +3 base attack... +8 maul weapon equipped = 13

13 Ursine damage – 9 Kobold defense = 4

4 damage against the Kobolds.)

(Current Ursine troop health: 1456.5)

(Current Kobold army health: 555)
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>674748

>>
>>674764

>Rolled 1 (1d20)

Pffft...
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>674748
>Other.

Split off a small group of Kobolds and have them attempt to draw one of the Ursine away from the group. (If you don't want to bother with this, just use the roll as if it were option B.)
>>
>>674764
>>674803
Wow dude, we're really unlucky
>>
The Ursine have caught on to you. They aren't taken by surprise this time, and knock the Kobolds out of the shadows with

You make the decision to instruct several of the more lean and quicker Kobolds to draw the Ursine away, but it backfires. The small group is immediately rushed by the Ursine after they split off, and are mauled to death almost instantly.

You have lost 5 members of your army.

There must be another way to deal with these Ursine. They clearly have the upper physical hand with their sheer might.

This is not working. You resolve to use your intellect to make another plan.

You decide to...

A. Make an environment check to see what can be used against the Ursine.
B. Call to the shamans to check your options for using a chaotic magical attack.
C. Lead the Ursine troop away on your own, though it might be suicide.
D. Other

(Because this is an individual action and doesn't involve the army, please roll 1d20 for success. The highest number wins the roll and the chosen action will be performed. If a number ties with another player's choice, you'll be asked to roll again if your choices differ.)

(Current Kobold army size: 65. Automatic win when army reaches 100.)

The Ursine lumber back with their mauls raised. They are too far to attack you, but look ready to do so in a short amount of time.
>>
>>674812
>*knock the Kobolds out of the shadows with ease.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>674878

>A. Make an environment check to see what can be used against the Ursine.

Let's try to collapse part of a building onto one of the Ursine...
>>
I'm doing all the retarded things right now, so I'm just going to watch the thread instead of actually post until I'm sure I'll be less of a tard.
>>
>>675010
(Don't worry about it at all, believe me I've made a TON of mistakes in this entire thread, even when I'm doing the math in front of me. If you forget to roll on your post, you can always reply with your roll. I see the IDs, I can keep track of it.)

(17 wins.)

You look around, and among the sea of terrified Kobolds you notice a couple of things.

The first thing you notice is that there is dirt on your shoulders. You look up and notice a rickety beam hanging about 15 feet above you, and it looks halfway broken. It might take some force to break it quickly, but it's definitely heavy. It looks big enough to take out at least a vast majority of the Ursine.

You then remember, rather than see, the path the shaman took you on as if you were walking it right now. Your head was clouded by the sound of the chimes as you walked the road, but in almost picture-like clarity you remember crossing an unstable bridge to cross a deep chasm. Your weight wouldn't break the bridge, but the weight of the Ursine might, especially if they were distracted through their ferocity. The fall would severely cripple them if it did not kill them. You don't know another way to get back to your camp, however, and would be separated from your people.

It would also take a bold move to catch all of the Ursine's attention.

You may choose to...

A. Dislodge the beam, but you will need some kind of greater force to do so.
B. Lead the Ursine towards the chasm, but it might separate you from your tribe.
C. Forget the environment check, and lose any action for the next turn to consider your other options.
>>
>>675017

>A. Dislodge the beam, but you will need some kind of greater force to do so.

Defeating the Ursine in front of our kobalts will be good for tribe moral and will cement our position as the leader even further...
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>675084

Do I roll for this?

Eh...

Rolling d20 in case...
>>
>>675017
>A. Dislodge the beam, but you will need some kind of greater force to do so.
maybe that magic would help in this situation?
>>
You resolve to try to dislodge the beam. You know that you are too weak to do so, and that it would take far too many Kobolds to move it physically. You're going to have to resort to using magic to create enough force to shatter the support. It is the only way that it can be done so quickly.

You call to some of the shamans around you, and point to the stress point at the beam. Three shamans group together and begin to chant, waving their hands as blue sparks dance around their claws. This is chaotic energy, and though it makes your skin prickle you do not sense any danger for yourself. These powerful shamans seem to have it controlled.

The Ursine begin to cleave through your people, killing some of the residents. None of your forces appear to be harmed, but if your idea doesn't work then you will have to fight again.

(Please rol l a 1d20 to see how many bears you kill. All results count and will be added together. Higher than 15 means you kill them all.)
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>675184

Rolling...
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>675184
lets get our guy a bitchin heracles style fur coat.
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>675184
I'll post to help aye.
>>
There is a massive cracking around the shamans, and an odd feeling courses up and down your spine. There is a moment of silence before a massive, blinding explosion rocks the very ground underneath your feet, knocking you on your back. Your sight barely recovers quick enough, but from your angle you can see the chaotic magic impact the beam and travel through the fibers of the wood. For a moment, you think that it might obliterate the beam altogether, but with a bone-chilling creak it bends and snaps from its holding place altogether.

The Ursine hear this as well, but as soon as their faces bear reaction to what's happening, it is too late. The beam falls, kicking up dust and creating a cloud of dry dirt. Every Kobold falls silent. The dust disperses, and underneath the beam you can see the entire party of Ursine crushed by its massive weight. The body of one sticks out limply on the side, its head smashed and unrecognizable to anyone at this point. It is nothing short of a miracle.

You feel stiff and lightheaded, but you don't appear injured and there is no blood. You recover and rise to your feet, cautiously looking over the bodies of the Ursine. You turn back towards the crowd and announce that these invaders are dead.

There is no cheering, there is no rejoicing war cry, there is only silence. But when you see Mok being held upright and brought to you on the shoulders of two apprentice shamans, all words fall from your mind, as well. The elderly Kobold grunts in his discomfort, but looks to you and nods in understanding. He turns towards the crowd, and seems to speak on your behalf.

“We face a new world with dangers we have never experienced before. Creatures that we have never seen lie just over the horizon, and our fate is uncertain. Some of us will perish, but -together- we must push back. It is the only way we can survive.”

You're still a bit disoriented from the whole ordeal, and don't really notice that Mok is now addressing you.

“We must work together, Kobold. You have emerged from this ordeal as more than just a weathered soul. You are a leader.” Mok looks over the wreckage and then turns back to the civilians. “There is much to do, now... But first, we must tend to those who are no longer with us.” A few of the shamans hesitantly draw some fetishes from under their robes. You recognize these as blessings for the departed.

Another Kobold approaches, and you recognize him but can not remember his name. “What should we do with these monsters?”

It seems he's asking you.

(You no longer have to roll. We are back to popular votes with these decisions.)

A. “Dispose of the bodies discreetly. Leave no evidence that they were ever here.”
B. “Dismember them and put their bodies to use. Create helms from their skulls and garments from the fur.”
C. “Tear them apart and leave them in front of our settlement. Let all others know what we are capable of.”
>>
>>675426
>B.

No point in leaving them somewhere to rot when we can use the corpses for something. They're not that nice either obviously, and any others we see will probably act the same way as these did. Who knows, wearing their skulls into battle with them may scare them in some way, so we'd have the mental advantage.
>>
>>675426
B. “Dismember them and put their bodies to use. Create helms from their skulls and garments from the fur.”

B I T C H I N
I
T
C
H
I
N
>>
You instruct him to gather materials from the corpses, rather than just leaving them somewhere. Several sturdier Kobolds make their way towards the desecrated Ursine, and begin to assess going about this business. The rest of the Kobolds either gather to look upon the impending events or slither away and hide, clearly shaken. The process of gathering and reinforcement will take some time, and you resolve to check on the progress soon.

Mok then looks to you and instructs his assistants to carry him back to his post. “Come, there are things I must discuss with you.” He calls out to you, and you follow him back into the collapsed building.

His assistants quietly set him back in his chair and then hurry away, seemingly eager to watc3h the dismemberment. A part of you is curious to see it as well, but your time with Mok is important. Especially considering the severity of your previous discussion.

“Kobold, you have a sway with our people that is not common.” Mok notes, resting his hands on his mangled legs. “Whether or not you want to lead is no longer an option... Our kind needs direction in this new world. But first... We must use everything we have at our disposal to improve our existence.”

You ask him what he means, and he motions you to sit. You find a place on a nearby pile of stone.

“Kobold, I hold a significant amount of sway to the shamans here, and I've been trying to make a difficult choice for some time. I did not wish to make it without consulting another opinion first, however, and I believe that you would provide good counsel.”

You tell him you will help him make this decision. He coughs, grumbling in his throat, before speaking again.

“Before our people were driven from their burrows and took residence here, I came across a great power. Something that only our people could control, and something that we need to benefit from. It is safe at the moment. I am the only one who knows of its whereabouts. It is... Difficult to describe, but at its core it gives off pure, controlled chaotic energy.” He looks at you. “We need to bolster our forces, and the time has come for action. What do you think is our weakest aspect?”

(You are choosing what your chaotic magic bonus will apply to. Mok will give his opinion on what he thinks of your decision, and you can switch before it is cemented.)

A. Apply it to magic. We need stronger forces, and more Kobolds wielding magic.
B. Apply it our religion. The better we understand this the better our shamans can control it.
C. Apply it to our terrain. Those monsters got in too easy, we need a better defense.
D. Apply it to our tech. That way those without magic prowess can harness these powers through weapons and tools.
>>
>>675589
>D. Apply to tech.

Those creatures getting in was most likely a fluke as our defenses could be considered amazing, simply due to the ruined buildings around us. More lookouts should be stationed around the area perhaps, but as is, our technology could be the difference between life and death. The magic would perhaps be useful, but we can't rely on it as it IS chaotic by nature.
>>
>>675589

>D. Apply to tech.

Chaos-tech kobolts are a go...
>>
You explain that infusing that chaotic energy with your people's technology would give even those without magical prowess a chance to manipulate the energy and gain the upper edge in a situation like this.

“Yes, I can understand that... It might help if all our people were exposed to its strength, especially in times of war. And I'm sure there would be other uses for this, as well. But what I fear most is those who have never experienced controlling this chaos would be consumed by it or would abuse it. I only have control of the infusion. Chaos follows where it is commanded.”

You hadn't thought of that. True, civilians aren't experienced with it and it could have negative consequences. Then again, those that are experienced with chaos magic are rumored to be abusing it now. And besides, those without prowess wouldn't be able to manipulate the magic when the tech was out of their hands. Would offering it towards those of all backgrounds really have any bigger consequences?

You...

A. Insist that applying the chaos to your tech is the way to go.
B. Ask about another field (magic, religion, terrain)
>>
>>675727

A. Insist that applying the chaos to your tech is the way to go.

Heh...

I'm imagining a bunch of kobalt-sized chaos space marines getting punted across a battlefield by an imperial dreadnought...
>>
>>675727
A. Insist

Yes, it COULD get out of hand, but lets be honest, it'll get out of hand no matter what most likely.
>>
You insist that this be applied towards your technology.

“Very well. I believe we should expose this in a day or so. We must let our people gather themselves from this turmoil.”

> + 1 Technology point, Kobold Technology is now at 7 points. Now, if a civilization has less than 7 tech (6 or less) Kobolds can provide or teach the race to produce technological goods to gain footing in that species' diplomacy/counsel or gain allies. Allies easier gained if the species has an affinity for chaos... Demons, Undead, Tengu... If a species becomes corrupted by chaos through any event and has a Diplomacy of 4 or less, they can be gained as an ally much easier than if they were not corrupted.

You then bring up the subject of the shamans abusing the chaos energy and ask if Mok knows anyone or anything else.

“At this point, no. But we must be alert, and watch for consistencies. Similar dates, similar faces... And perhaps if we do not find those responsible,we will find others who know what is happening.”

You feel like that's as much information and advice as Mok could give you right now. You probably won't find out much more for a while. You says your goodbyes and exit the room.

Meanwhile, it looks like the Kobolds have successfully harvested all of the Ursine that they possibly can. The only remnants are bone dust and squished brains. The bodies of the fallen Kobolds have been removed as well, probably for burial.

At this point you are back in the village. What will you do?

A. Hunt down supplies from the Ursine. The Kobolds will give you your fair amount.
B. Check on the defensive line and see how the Ursine got into the ruins.
C. Try to find where they've taken your people to pay your respects.
D. Other
>>
>>675727
>A. Insist that applying the chaos to your tech is the way to go.

we had to fight with sticks and rocks for fucks sake.
>>
>>675846
B.
>>
>>675846
>B.

Supplies would be nice, but I have a feeling we'll get something for our trouble that's better than a bone helmet or something eventually, considering our new tech level.
>>
You break away from the still crowded streets of the ruins to check the defensive line. A pair of small children scurry towards you, but still keep their distance and watch you move in both awe and admiration. If you looked behind you, you would see that one is grateful to be eating what appears to be a cooked piece of savory red meat.

You eventually make your way to the defensive lines and then make the realization that your army is not there. The perimeter of your base has been left completely unwatched and unprotected. This has never happened before, and it worries you.

You scout the lines, looking for some evidence of conflict or life, but find nothing. There are no ashes from fire, no scraps from food, not even waste. It's as if no one was brought here to begin with, though you know that was not the case.

You eventually come across what appears to be some kind of leather backpack. Its design makes it very clear that this does not belong to your tribe. You carefully rip open the leather strap securing it shut and look inside. You find several things.

First, you find food. It is not fresh, but does not look like it has spoiled. It's more preserved.

Second, you find a rolled up piece of parchment.

Finally, there's a small book, relatively thick with the pages sort of messy and unorganized.

What will you do first?

A. Eat the food.
B. Look at the parchment.
C. Try to read through the book.
>>
>>675889
C.

Something could be wrong with the food. Book probably isn't safe either, but it'll probably tell us more than the parchment. I hope.
>>
>>675889
B. Look at the parchment.
>>
>>675893
>>675901

I need a tie breaker from someone else, please.
>>
>>675917
If no one breaks the tie in the next ten minutes, just swap my vote to B. I mean, it's probably just as dangerous as the book.
>>
>>675889

>B. Look at the parchment.
>>
>>675889

>B. Look at the parchment.
>>
File: CivilizationMap.png (936KB, 1024x728px) Image search: [Google]
CivilizationMap.png
936KB, 1024x728px
>>675928
(Thank you very much.)

You take out the parchment and unroll it. It takes you a while to look it over, but you know what this is. It's a map of the surrounding area.

What you immediately notice are red pen strokes in the center of the page that seem to represent the ruins your people are stationed in. Whoever made this map and whoever had it in this pack knows that you are here.

To the north, a fissure is drawn. It is just appears to be a crack.

To the east, green ink paints what looks like a valley.

To the south lies blue and white ink. You recognize the colors as being related to the snow.

To the west are the mountains and the huge sky peak shrouded in mist. You and your people know about this

Among the trails are what appear to be drawings of little buildings. Your intellect tells you that these are probably settlements, but they are not familiar.

Whoever made this map made it with the intent of it centering around your settlement.

You keep hold of it.

(Please make a 1d20 roll along with an action you would like to perform involving the contents of this pack. All actions are allowed as long as they are reasonable.)
>>
>>675889
B.
the most we can do with the book right now is maybe skim through it so lets get the parchment out of the way.
>>
I just want to thank OP for sticking with this for as long as they have, and doing such a good job in general...

It is probably the best Civ quest that has popped up in weeks, and that is not just because most Civ quests tend to die an hour after starting either...
>>
File: 1469939725338.jpg (37KB, 352x375px) Image search: [Google]
1469939725338.jpg
37KB, 352x375px
>>675934
>>675939
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>675934

Take the pack, and it's contents, back to your village...

Discuss the abandoned perimeter and the mysterious pack with him...
>>
>>669899
>Players please roll on this website.

No.
>>
>>675960
Please check
>>670164
>>
>>675939
>>675945

Ah, thank you guys very much. I'm enjoying this quite a bit and want to stick to it.

My attendance might be a bit spotty tomorrow, I'm actually in the process of moving and might not be able to dedicate that much time to it, but after that things will kind of calm down and I'll be able to get back to it.

It's close to 3 am here, so we're going to have to call it a night in a couple of turns. Maybe we can get one or two more rounds of action in.

So before we decide on the next action, I want to give you guys a moment to check up on where we are by giving you some stats on your tribe.

Let's start with the Kobold settlement.
>You have defeated a group of Ursine. If the Ursine ever found out about what you've done here, the species will always be hostile towards you. They currently do not know what you've done.
>Your tribe gained a point in tech, giving you 7 total points which bumps you up to above average in that field. In addition to what was previously stated here >>675846
your tribe is now able to construct advanced weaponry and basic ballistics. Any assaults on your settlement are penalized and you gain +1 Melee point. This will bump your average offense to 5 from 4.5.
>Your tribe's current status is stressed.
>Your tribe is looking towards you as a leader.

We might do personal stats at a later date depending how the quest goes. Right now, this is what matters the most. And if you have any questions feel free to ask.
>>
What you've found disturbs you to the point where you're not sure if you want to be out here by yourself. You grab the pack and its contents and hurry back to where you'll probably be safer.

Your first instinct is to go to Mok, but when you peer inside his designated room it is completely empty. You're not sure where he could have been brought to, but considering his condition it must be important that he's there.

You look down at what you've found and wonder who you should find first. Then you remember that you're the one in charge. When there's a problem, people come to you. You're just going to have to figure this one out on your own.

But first comes the issue of the ruins being left unguarded. You're not sure if you want to send more Kobolds out to the perimeter in case something will happen to them. But leaving your settlement unguarded is not an option.

How will you proceed with this?

(Same rules, please list what you would like to do and roll a 1d20 and the highest number wins. Consider what you've learned about your tribe thus far. If someone has an idea you support, you can either reply to the post and say that you agree or just not reply at all, either one works.)
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>675987
find the people supposed to be guarding the perimeter, their laziness got people killed. in the meantime have someone fill in for them. if they disappear too we will know something fishy is going on.

could we possibly have scouts follow the invaders tracks to discern their origins?
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>675987

>Here's my plan: Let's build a series of concealed bunkers at key strategic locations on our perimeter. We must connect these bunkers to our main base via a network of subterranean tunnels. In order to achieve this goal we will need to apply our newly earned technologies to develop more sophisticated methods of tunnel construction so as to avoid the unstable terrain of this biome from causing cave-in's. This strategy will make best use of our species' natural stealth, speed, and cunning...
>>
>>675997
A good plan, but that will take time. Station more guards at the perimeter for now, perhaps having them send reports to us every hour or so via a speedy messenger? That way if the messages stop, we know for a fact something is wrong.
>>
>>675996
(You may absolutely scout, and the 20 you rolled is preeetty nice.

I'm making the call, going to bed after this post. I'm working on a rough sketch map of the town so you can kind of know where things are going on.)

You resolve to get to the bottom of what you just witnessed and set up more guards to keep watch. You do not want to directly harm your people, but if something isn't done then more and more of you will die.

Throughout the town you find scattered Kobolds in well- concealing armor. You recognize most of them as the ones who fought alongside you. You end up talking to about twenty of them, picking them out from the crowd and directing them to fortify the perimeter. Your orders are met with no resistance.

You also make a point to gather some of the lankier, smaller Kobolds and instruct them to follow the tracks of the Ursine as best as possible. You tell them to keep to the shadows and if they find any dangers to report back immediately. You also tell them to destroy the tracks as they go so no other dangers will find them. One of the Kobolds seems worried that they will not find their way back, but the rest seem assured that this will not be a problem.

You've now given yourself the task of finding out who was supposed to be stationed and why they weren't there. But you are not sure where to start.

(You will be given choices later, but for now I need to sleep. Next post I make will have the map as well as your options. Thanks for playing tonight, see you all hopefully tomorrow but if not then definitely the day after.)
>>
I am a bit new here, I know this is probably on the rules, but I am in a hurry. Do this posts stay for a limited time? I wont have internet conexion for the next 2 days and I wouldnt like to loose this great story
>>
File: city map.png (494KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
city map.png
494KB, 800x900px
Oh, woof... Guess who went to bed too late...

>>676062
I'm relatively new to /qst/ as well, so I'm not sure on post duration. But I'm going to do my best to update it regularly, so it will probably stay on the front page more often than not.

If you're using the same computer you can just pin the thread, as well. I keep it pinned to the top so I can see if someone's replied.

I'm glad you like the quest!

I also did the ruins map while I was waking up this morning. It's a little meh because I'm on 3 hours of sleep but I think it gets the point across. It shows all the events that have happened thus far and major locations. While the Kobolds don't exactly have the most refined culture, their industry is good enough to section parts of their settlement for different tasks.

I'm FAR too tired to pick this back up right now, but check back later today and I'll do my best to be around.
>>
>>676118
Cool map

will lurk today in case we start playing
>>
(WOW what a nightmare. The move did not go as planned and I was setback about 3 hours of just... Tomfoolery.

Not sure if the ID is tracked through your IP or through your computer, but make no mistake that this is your QM.)

Before our story continues, let's get a recap of what has happened so far...

Despite the challenges your race faces on the outside world, you have decided that the most prominent endangerment your people face is your large overpopulation. This is the issue you decide should bear the most focus, but this is not the only trial you have faced.

Your race, the Kobolds, are users of chaotic magic, and now there are rumors of shamans abusing this already volatile energy. Mok, an old and powerful shaman has given you counsel of these issues and has preached to you his ideal of your people becoming more than just scourge-ridden vermin. You have agreed to lead your people into a better era, one that promises to better the dignity of your race.

You have shown your capabilities as a wise and resourceful leader during the Ursine attack, and while you do not know why a troop of these monsters would single your people out, you have dealt with the threat appropriately. Due to the resources you were able to demand the Kobolds to gather, your people have gained a deeper respect and appreciation for either you or what you are trying to do.

However, this is only the beginning, as you later find that the perimeters of your settlement have been left undefended. Only a foreign pack remains with three items: A small book, some preserved food, and a map of the surrounding area centering around your encampment.

You are not quite sure what to make of what you find, but you feel it urgent to find out. You have resolved to send some troops back up to the perimeters and some scouts out to trace the tracks of your fallen Ursine foe. Meanwhile, you've decided to look for the troops who were supposed to be on lookout. You are not entirely sure where to begin.

(Please consult the image in this post for your next choice. The most popular option wins: >>676118)

You think it's best to start your search in...

A. The military production area.
B. The main food production area.
C. The residencies of most of the major shamans.
D. The tech production area.
E. The guarded towers where the guards should have been stationed. (You have walked these towers and feel they would not provide much else for you.)
F. Any unmarked area on the map, which is a civilian residency area or civilian gathering area of some sort.
>>
>>679140

>A. The military production area.

Let's begin our investigation here...

There has to be someone who knows something...

[I'll be absent for a while OP. Going to pick up some lunch.]
>>
>>679140
>A.
>>
>>679140
A
If they aren't there we can go through the tech production area and talk with Krakawla, we put her off for awhile.
>>
You decide to start at the military production area, thinking that would be most logical.

The military production area is of average impression. In some areas, Kobolds wield wooden training weapons. If they do not spar with each other, they spar with a sack of rocks. On the higher areas of this area are the archers. Several of them are about to take aim, then fire. Of course, your race isn't known for its outstanding accuracy. The arrows miss the target, and one even lands in between the legs of a Kobold warrior.

You then remember a name from not long ago... Gogrik... Gokrog... You do not remember exactly how you say it, but what you do remember is a vicious, hardened Kobald unlike the others. You remember a red heat in battle, a fire rising up around you and several others, and this stone-faced Kobold lept from burning damnation and struck down a massive army of your enemies with only his razor sharp, blood-coated claws.

In short, this Kobold is what would be the human equivalent as a "war hero".

But you also recall he does not like conversation, and would rather live under a leaking roof than in a crowded hovel. It would not be easy to find him.

What will you do?

A. Ask some of the training troops about the perimeter guards. Word of mouth travels fast.
B. Try to find your Kobold "war hero". He may know something others do not.
C. Move along. There may be no information for you here.
D. Other (Popular vote, please specify)
>>
>>679458
>A.
First ask them, then maybe attempt to find the war hero?
>>
>>679458
>A. Ask some of the training troops about the perimeter guards. Word of mouth travels fast.
>they spar with a sack of rocks
toplel
>>
>>679458

>A. Ask some of the training troops about the perimeter guards. Word of mouth travels fast.
>>
OP, you still there?

You haven't passed out at your keyboard have you?
>>
>>679458
>>
(Apologies, everyone, there was a problem yesterday that took precedence over this. I've been dealing with a looooot of problems from the apartment I'm with, but we're not telling that story, we're telling the story of the Kobolds.

Sorry about not calling it for the night, but it was kind of a last minute situation. Let's continue.)

You walk along, towards the center of the troops, and watch curiously as your people fight with new weapons, weapons you don't recognize instantly. It's a bit strange, but there's some sort of pride that your people have been able to figure out how to craft these things and how to handle them. You may be small, but your intellect and technology are matched by few.

There are about five Kobolds on the side of the fray, taking a break and eating dried rats for sustenance. You decide to approach them.

(Please roll a 1d20 along with what you would either like to say to them or what you would like to ask them. Highest roll wins.)
>>
File: Kobold.png (199KB, 518x516px) Image search: [Google]
Kobold.png
199KB, 518x516px
(I'm not a very good drawfag outside of drawing human-like characters (especially bad at drawing dragons and reptiles), but I tried to do a headshot of what our Kobold might look like, just to give people an idea. Leather armor, gold eyes, green skin, horns, just an idea. You're an experienced, kind of weathered but not old or elder Kobold, so I put quite a few lines in. This might change and become more refined, but enough excuses about this. Are we happy with the basic idea? Or do you think it needs alterations?)
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>680887
Ask them where we can find the Kobold hero.

>>680923
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice
>>
>>680887
Jesus fuck you call that bad?

I can't even draw good stick figures
>>
>>681286
>>681299
(Thank you. I've been practicing a little bit, but I think I can make it a little better. This was just a first time sketch for our Kobold.)

You approach them and they instantly recognize you as the one who led the combat against the Ursine. No introductions needed. You ask them if they know about you Kobold war hero, describing what you can remember about him. They all look among each other.

"Gorlick? The last time we saw him was when we vacated our burrows. We're not even sure he made it to the ruins."

Another chimes in. "No, he's been here. I've seen him alive walking the streets when we first got here."

That's right, his name is Gorlick.

(Same rules apply, roll and ask or roll to leave and do something else.)
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>681409
greet them and ask if they could give you a rundown on the equipment being made, the kobolds available to become part of a defense force etc

Oh, and thank you for making me feel happy about /qst again, this is some SV quality stuff.
>>
>>681481
this.

wanna know what we are working with.
>>
The Kobolds tell you about their new weaponry: Grappling hooks on the edge of larger weapons that no longer rip the user's arms off, spiked shields light enough to do significant damage but light enough to use in battle, and arrows that will stay lit with fire much longer than before.

“Someone was walking through here with some larger machinery, but we're not sure what for.” One of the Kobolds says after he finishes his meal. “A bunch of wood and metal wheels. But that's all we've seen here. We hear the grinding wheels all day.” He points towards the area of your settlement's the production.

You wonder to yourself how these weapons will be used once they're able to incorporate the chaotic energy.

(Same rules.)
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>681613

>Ask them whether they knew who was assigned to guard the perimeter during the time of the attack

Not sure how organized our military is...

Surely they must have some kind of rotating schedule for guard duty written down somewhere...
>>
>>681744
(Can't argue with a 20.)

You ask them if someone has been guarding the perimeter, and if so, how the Ursine were able to get into the ruins without any warning. The Kobolds look at you with as confused of a face as their features allowed for.

"None of us were called to guard the perimeters, but we did see a large group of armored Kobolds go that way." One points to one of the more secluded exits outside of the ruins. It's on the other side of where the Ursine entered. "They were moving pretty fast, like whatever was there was important."

So, they all left together? You wonder what could have been so urgent that all of the guards would leave their posts at the same time. You ask if they saw anything unusual or anyone unusual during this time.

"Nothing other than the Kobolds and their weapons, no."

This is all very strange. You now have some decisions to make.

You can... (Back to popular vote)

A. Go check out where the Kobolds could have gone for yourself.
B. Send someone or a small group out to look for them.
C. Continue to talk to these Kobolds about any other issues (to which the 1d20 rules apply).
D. Take this information and go somewhere else.
E. Other.
>>
>>681613
>B. Send someone or a small group out to look for them.

Can't be everywhere at once.
>>
>>681793

> E. Other

We've already sent scouts out if my memory serves, so there is no point in assembling another search party just yet...

Instead, let us go investigate this strange contraption the kobolds mentioned; the machine of metal and wooden wheels...
>>
>>681836
>>681837
(Anyone to tiebreak?)
>>
>>681989

If nobody breaks the tie in the next 10 minutes I'll switch to my vote to:

>>681836
>>
>>681837
agreeing with this anon
>>
>>681989
Just tell the warriors to keep an eye out for him and tell him to report to us if they see him.

Lets check out that new stuff.
>>
File: city mapaltered1.png (496KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
city mapaltered1.png
496KB, 800x900px
(Alright, so it looks like people want to see the new tech, which is what we're going with.)

You thank them for their time, and begin to walk around the camp in search of the machinery they were talking about. You don't have to walk far before your eyes are drawn to the top of one of the guard towers, where a large contraption is being built. Wood and ropes hold up what appears to be a giant crossbow, with two Kobold workers running slender spikes up to the tower every so often. You have to move out of the way as two more workers move past you. You don't want to get skewered.

These aren't overly advanced ballistics at the moment, but they could be the start to something great.

One of the Kobolds instructs the others to load the machine with one of the spikes, then turns the lever to grind the wheels, stressing the contraption. Another swings down with a metal blade and slices through the tense piece of rope, and the spear goes rocketing straight ahead. Unfortunately the lever falls off and the wheels become slanted, but this is clearly a work in progress and this is an advancement that's being made quickly. It's undoubtedly being rushed along after your settlement was so easily entered.

You think you have all you're going to get out of the military sector, as most seem intent on honing their combat skills. The guard towers are now looking busy enough and kind of dangerous.

You decide to...

A. Check out one of the other areas. (Please specify which one.)
B. Check out the residential sections or specific homes.
C. Rest for a little while. It's starting to get late and you've had a long day.
D. Other

(Check image. The legend has check marks to show where you've been and where you won't find any new information regarding this specific issue.)
>>
Should we go check on Krakawla finally?
>>
>>682244

> A. Check out one of the other areas

We still need to follow up on those rogue chaos magic practitioners...

How about we poke around the Shaman residency...
>>
>>682294
Good point.
>>682244
>A.
Shaman residency
>>
>>682294
>>682303
>>
>>682303

If no other pressing matters come to light while exploring the shaman district, we should definitely go have a chat with Krakawla, Mok, and any other persons of interest regarding what we have found during our investigation of the village...
>>
>>682294
(I like how you embraced that name.)

You make your way to the shaman residencies, intent on solving the issue on the new chaos magic. You notice it's not as crowded as the other parts of the ruins, and that most of the Kobolds there are gathered in what is your tribe's version of prayer. Some hold fetishes and speak about those that fell to the Ursine, some scratch in the dirt, words projecting their longing to return underground... You are reminded of your first encounter with the shaman who called to you.

You notice a smaller group of shamans talking among themselves before being ushered by one into a somewhat covered hut, essentially a halved structure of floor and walls with a tattered cloth draped over the top.

It sparks your curiosity. What will you do?

A. Spy on them. (I'll need you to roll a 1d20 and I will take the highest number if you choose this option.)
B. Barge in directly and try to figure out what they were talking about.
C. Leave them alone, it's none of your business.
D. Other
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>682481

>A. Spy on them.

Time to put our natural sneakiness to the test...
>>
>>682481

> (I like how you embraced that name.)

8D

>>682514

> Rolled 2 (1d20)

D8
>>
>>682481
D. Ask them about the absent guards
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>682481
>A.

Honestly, asking people about this stuff isn't getting us anywhere.
>>
>>682577
(Taking this role)

You sneak around the makeshift building, staying out of sight and against the cloth draping. You hold your breath, tilt your head slightly, and listen in on what they're saying.

"...And we all know what will ultimately happen. This -is- the safest thing we can do."

A gruffer voice cuts in. "It will not be accepted. No matter how much we enforce, preach, or teach this magic it will be looked upon in a negative light. It is best we cease this now."

"But we know what will become of us all!" A defiant tone overtakes the first voice. "And now it will be spread to the masses! Our people will picked off like fleas, completely open and defenseless! This is the only way."

Your curiosity peaks.

(Please roll a 1d20, highest roll applies.)
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>682695

Rolling...
>>
>>682729

>Rolled 2 (1d20)

Really?
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>682695
Rolling
>>
>>682756
>>682729
Crap
We need a third person to roll, or else we'll without a doubt fail
>>
File: costanza1.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
costanza1.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>682695
rng gods aren't in the mood today
>>
File: 1475722664249.gif (290KB, 260x182px) Image search: [Google]
1475722664249.gif
290KB, 260x182px
>>682782
>>
>>682782
>>682791

George Costanza stands with us my friends...

Under his light we shall not falter!
>>
>>682782
(I was actually typing out the fail condition and then this happened.)

You silence a cough in your throat and continue to listen.

"We don't know if that's true, Kretyl. We cannot pass judgement on that at this time."

"We are the ones that know. We are the ones that have lived this path of chaos and know of the consequences. Why are we not more supported through this? Why has Mok denied us a chance to expand?"

Another voice chimes in, this one undoubtedly female.

"Mok is not the leader of our race. He is but an old fool with traditional ideals of magic and insane ideals of grandeur. He has become insane, as we all will when we are in his condition."

(Please roll a 1d20)
>(Waits for flood of Costanza jpgs)
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>682828

Rolling...
>>
File: George-Costanza-1.jpg (46KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
George-Costanza-1.jpg
46KB, 394x370px
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>682828

Rollerino, because why not.
>>
>>682890

>Rolled 20 (1d20)

Blessed be...
>>
>>682828
>>682903
I vote having Costanza be our new god.
>>
File: city mapaltered2.png (498KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
city mapaltered2.png
498KB, 800x900px
>>682890
(This might now be a thing.)

The gathered Kobolds stay quiet for a moment, then the female continues to speak.

"We have been given an option to not ruin ourselves, and we will take it. They reject us now because they do not know how this will provide benefit. This will not be the case for very long. We need to work harder, we need to gather more into our ranks. Who was the fool that spoke up at the rally?"

The rally? The commotion at the beginning of the day?

"That was Toketl. He was taken care of."

"Do not cause an outburst. Do not raise your voices, do not scream of what you have found. Do you understand, Kretyl? Now is not the time to gloat about this discovery."

"But when, Rekka?"

"When we are given the orders to do so. Until then, do not gather others with doomsday speeches and false promises. Prove this strength and convince them. It will not be hard to convince a Kobold of saving his own hide. Now, disperse."

You hear shuffling from inside and dart away from the entrance. You watch all three come out and linger for a bit before going their separate ways.

That was a lot to take in. These seemed like the rogue shamans, but you are not sure. And you did not find any evidence to cement this suspicion. What you did find out is that several members of your tribe have something along the lines of new ideals to save your people from... Something.

Is this a cult? Or are these the rogues? Or is it something else that's making them act this way?

You think it might be a bad idea to directly confront them, as you're not sure what your people will think about the emerging leader spying on a group of religious workers instead of directly talking with them. Until you gain more solid footing with your tribe, you might want to only trust this information with someone you trust, if not just yourself.

You could explore the shaman residencies a bit more, but right now all you can see is hosted prayers and Kobolds walking with purpose down the streets. You think you may want to come back to this area, but for now it seems logical to move on.

(Where will you go next? Popular vote.)
>>
>>683022
Shall we now check on Mok and Krakawla, or do we have other plans?
>>
>>683022
Krakawla, see what she wants.
>>
>>683022

Shall we go and pay this Krakawla person a visit, or go report our findings to Mok...

We did manage to get the names of some of the shamans Mok was concerned about...

I'm not sure what could be gained from talking to Krakawla, although associating ourselves with powerful kobalds might give us more influence over the tribe...
>>
>>683022
>>683095

>Go visit Krakawla
>>
(It looks like Krakawla was the most mentioned.)

You find your way out of the Shaman residencies and carry on towards the directions Krakawla gave you for her house. You're resolved to talk with the sage.

Krakawla's residence is probably the most put-together in the tribe. Whether this is out of respect or power is unclear, but it is the closest thing you've seen to an actual outside home.

It lacks a door, though, and you peek inside to see if anyone is present.

The abode is filled with an array of outside items. Fungi, plants, dried foods, and bones hang from the walls to combine into a smell that's less than pleasant but not unbearable. The floor is littered with parchment and books, how the blind sage reads these you do not know. Bottles of various size and shape line protruding stones and cover the perimeter of the floor. You'll have to take care not to step on them.

This looks like the home of an alchemist or doctor.

You then notice movement in the corner of the small hut and hear a low sniffing.

"Ah, you've come too late to stop the Ursine, Kobold. It is unfortunate that so many had to have died."

The Ursine? You think for a moment before you ask her what she knows about the Ursine.

"The Ursine are not unreasonable beasts, Kobold, but when they are confused and threatened they will strike out of instinct. Not all cultures are like ours, and we can't think with one mind if we want to continue to stay on the surface."

You ask if she knew the about the attack.

"I could have predicted it under the circumstances, but it was not a planned assault. They were disorganized and not familiar with the land." She scuffles to one side of the room, hand brushing against the ingredients on the wall. "No, this was a random attack, but I believe it could have been solved through simple communication if we spoke the same tongue." She takes a handful of red weeds and pulls it down, then places them on one of the smaller tables in the room. "Or am I an old fool for thinking so optimistically?"

You're not entirely sure what to make of this woman first. You can...

A. Ask why she came up to you after the commotion in the street.
B. Ask her more about herself and what she means by this communication.
C. Ask if she knows more about the Ursine.
D. Ask her something else (specify).
>>
>>683244

> B. Ask her more about herself and what she means by this communication.
>>
>>683244
>B.

I doubt we'll always be able to rely on murdering things. Communication could be beneficial as well.
>>
You ask her if she's communicated with the Ursine, or any other race.

"No. If I had, then I would have been able to stop the senseless bloodshed. But we are not alone, Kobold. If it's not the Ursine, it will just be another creature. It could be Orcs, or the Treants that come next."

You're not happy with the amount of trees that surround your settlement.

"Some can be persuaded through conflict, but others won't be bought with the amount of spears at our sides." Krakawla begins mulling down the weeds with the palm of her hand against the wood of the table. "There will always be someone stronger than us, after all."

You ask what she thinks you should do about this. You don't speak every language that's out there, after all.

"Not every language is composed of words, Kobold. But we will never know if we do not find what or who is ever out there. We should start looking for others who know this world better than we do."

You're really not sure where to start.

"Pick a direction." Krakawla tells you, almost as if she has looked into your mind. She pulls what is now a bright red, sticky paste off the table and begins to mold it in her hands like clay. "If you keep us isolated, you will kill us all."

It would be a bold move to send yourself or anyone else out into the unknown.

A. You want to do it. You need to expand. You need to gain allies in order to survive.
B. You're really not sure. Krawkala makes some good points, but she is just one opinion.
C. You won't do it. Keeping the Kobolds hidden is what kept you alive then and it will keep you alive now.
>>
>>683530

> B. You're really not sure. Krawkala makes some good points, but she is just one opinion.

Hold out an olive branch with one hand, but prepare a chaos bolt in the other...

Also, I believe ensuring technological superiority will be substantially more valuable to us when interacting with other races than graceful diplomacy would be...
>>
>>683530
>B.
Diplomacy may be our only option in certain circumstances, but technology should be our primary concern as of right now, considering it can also help relations with other species.
>>
>>683530
>A. You want to do it. You need to expand. You need to gain allies in order to survive.

We are already dealing with overpopulation, expansion is the only reasonable solution.
>>
>>683824
I think we should get the public opinion first perhaps, before we decide on what to do.
>>
(We're gonna call it a night in a little while, just a heads up. Gonna tuck in early because this weekend has been exhausting.)

You consider what she has to say, but you know there are those out there who will not listen to your diplomacy with just words. You are looked down upon as rodents to be extinguished by most, and that perception sticks with most races to this day.

Krakawla places down the bright red ball of plant matter, its curious texture allowing it to firm completely. "We were driven from our home because of blindness, Kobold. The humans that burned out our burrows did not know that we can also speak like men. How can we expect any other species to think more of us if we do not prove that we do more than just eat and breed?"

You tell Krakawla that you will not be ally to those who burned your people alive.

"I do not expect you to be."

What will you do now?

(Player questions with a 1d20 roll, just like before with the troops. Highest number wins.)
>>
File: George.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
George.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>693916

>Let's find Mok, and bring upon him what we have discovered about the renegade shamans...

We are born of the Costanza, Made strong by the Costanza, Undone by the Costanza...
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>683916
We should try renovating some of the ruins to make more homes for our people.
>>
You nod to Krakawla, who tells you, "I'll be here..." before you leave.

You sigh, and look above at the foreign sky. Darkness is encroaching, and though the eyes of your people are suited to it, you still feel a little exhausted as the day comes to a close.

So much has happened in one day, but there's much more ahead of you and your tribe. You see a litter of Kobold children curl up in the street, tired. Most of the adults have begun to settle down, as well.

This is not normal.

(I need you all to roll another 1d20, please.)
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>684184

Rolling...
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>684184
>>
>>684265
I forgot to use the grand George. No wonder I rolled horribly.
>>
Your eye catches sight of the wide beams above, and the stone clattered on the ground. A lot of these ruins are dilapidated, but it has held for much longer than your settlement has been a part of.

You look behind you, seeing the mountain ridge and the majestic violet peak of the most central extrusion of this land's crust.

And then you look at the ground, the weak and almost unhappy dirt covering your feet. You shake it off easily and walk along. Tomorrow you can put your plans into action, but tonight you need food and sleep.

You need a home. You -all- need a home. There are some big decisions ahead of you, some big changes. Nothing is certain, not even your foundation. A few shreds of wood chips fall on your shoulder, prompting you to further down the road.

(Alright, calling it a night. I think this might conclude the first chapter? If we want to call these things chapters? I think it might be easiest to do that, then we can say in Chapter 1 X happened and in Chapter 2 Y happened... Just to organize it all.

I'm tucking in for the night, but if you guys want to stay and talk about things, what you liked what you didn't like, what you want to see and what you think strategy should be, go for it. It's an open thread. Just be aware that the game probably isn't going to be as active for the next day or so, we might only get through a couple of posts of play time. It'll pick up, of course.

I guess that wraps it up. Thank you guys, and goodnight. See you next time.)
>>
File: Repent.jpg (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Repent.jpg
5KB, 200x200px
>>684285

The wrath of Lord Costanza is not suffered easily...
>>
>>684319

Thanks for running OP...

I'm looking forward to your next session...
>>
>>684319
This is a pretty interesting way of doing a civ. It's more of a quest with our choices on what the civ does to be not ordered by our MC, but rather naturally done by our society.

Love chaos Kobolds.

My vote if there is one, is like the others probably, that we need to fix up our ruins so that they can house our exploding population and also defend us with walls.
>>
(Because my internet has become so skitchy, I've gone to being a tripfag just so people know that I'm the same QM.

Probably going to start up in a little while, just collecting myself after a long day.)
>>
(Alright, catch up time.

We've concluded the first chapter, in which MANY things happened. Short summary:

>We're attacking the issue of overpopulation in the Kobold ruins.
>We've been warned of and found evidence of rogue shamans practicing a new form of chaotic magic. The few that know about it and are not part of it do NOT like what it entails.
>You met Mok, an old crippled shaman who wants the Kobolds to be seen as more than just vermin. He wants your species to thrive.
>Ursine stormed the ruins and were defeated by having a huge wooden beam squash them. Some Kobolds were killed in the fight.
>Due to you being well-known amongst your kind as well as showing great leadership in that combat you've been made an unofficial leader. Quite a few look up to you, but others aren't entirely sure what to think.
>The Kobolds now have 7/10 tech with a chaotic bonus. They are currently producing new weaponry and basic ballistics, but who knows where that could lead to. Because you decided the chaotic bonus should go into tech an effect will be implanted into the weapons and machinery. It's not revealed, yet.
>You walked the perimeter to check on the guards that were supposed to be there to warn of the Ursine, and you find nothing except for a pack with some dried food, a small book, and a piece of parchment with a map drawn on it >>675934
>You later find that something drew all the guards away from their post earlier that day. You're not sure if they've been seen since.
>You spied on some shamans, all of which talked about a new kind of magic and how beneficial it would be. But they didn't say much else.
>You talked to Krakawla, a Kobold sage, and got her opinion on diplomatic relations with outside forces. You've yet to take a stance on that.
>At the end of the day you've decided to start using some of the left over material to fortify the ruins and make more houses for your people.
>>
(I need everyone to make a 1d20 roll to determine something first, though.)
>>
(Last call for dice roll, going wait around until the hour hits.)
>>
Rolled 15, 10, 6, 4 = 35 (4d20)

>>689176
hello, gonna be gone for the night luckily checked here.

:^)
>>
(Guys, I'm actually not feeling very well tonight, I think I may call it regardless. Kinda stomach sick and dizzy so I probably won't be very good anyway.

I think we might be able to try again tomorrow night and the following morning if all goes well. See you guys then, I gotta go lie down now.)
>>
(Alright, we are back for the night. Much better. Ready to go whenever you guys are.

I still need that 1d20 roll. Ignoring >>689226
because the results were from a 4d20, not a 1d20)
>>
(Just as an alert, we are on page 6, I don't know how long these things usually last when they're more dormant than active. We may have to relocate to a new thread eventually.)
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>692621
Here be ye rolls
>>
>>693060
Well shite
>>
(The rolls you make at the end of the day determine when you wake up and how much work you can get done. Kobolds, due to their ability to see in the dark, can get more done at night than other species, but most of the tribe will be exhausted by then. 1-5 is night, 6-10 is afternoon, 11-15 is morning, and 16-20 is dawn. Since this highest >>693060
was rolled, we're starting at night time. You won't get the opportunity to do as much as you would at any other time, and that will hurt you in the future. Not so much this round.)

You open your eyes, exhausted from all that happened the day before, and find that there is a new night hanging in the sky above you. You feel another sickness in your stomach, previously felt yesterday, but you brush it off and stand on your two feet. You take a look around and see that most of your tribe has settled and is sleeping.

You resolve to take a stroll around the camp and see if there are any materials you can recover. Between the stone, the beams, and the foundations you think you have several options ahead of you, but you're not sure which one to proceed with.

Before anything else, you need to assess how sound your structures are. You walk through the streets of sleeping Kobolds and make your way to the tech production area, a bit overwhelmed at the sheer number of projects halfway done with exhausted Kobolds sleeping with hammers and rope still clutched in their hands. From your basic knowledge you can see that most of this technology is currently being put towards the military. You approach the area further and see two Kobolds talking over stacks of parchment. One's face is obscured by eye protection as well as a messy rag over his mouth, and the other is missing two digits from his right hand. You're not sure what they're talking about, but you approach them. They look up at you with curiosity, but full recognition.

You may...

A. Ask them what they're doing.
B. Ask them who they are.
C. See if they can determine the quality of the materials in the ruins.
D. Find out about any new contraptions (provided if any new contraptions have been invented).
E. Dictate them to work on something else.
F. Other
>>
>>695232
>C. See if they can determine the quality of the materials in the ruins.

Ask them to do it kindly, we must not be rude with our proletariat
>>
>>695232
>A. Ask them what they're doing.
>>
Threads on page 10 we should probably make a new one.
Thread posts: 200
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.