[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GGQ #4: "Luck Does Not Equal Consent"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: GGO Quest #4.png (2MB, 1694x940px) Image search: [Google]
GGO Quest #4.png
2MB, 1694x940px
Subtitle: “Hurricane Matthew isn’t going to stop the grind.”
Twitter: @GunGaleQuest
Discord: https://discord.gg/J9Zzvec
Archive: #3 is not fully archived. Anno’s half was prewritten and is available here. http://pastebin.com/5UBxTGhJ

Your chest heaves for a few moments as you vacate what little you’ve ate in the last few days into the waste bin underneath your desk, clutching the rim of the trash can with weak fingers. You come to remember that the AmuSphere was recording – hauling yourself backwards to sit down and lean against your bed, trying to ease your breathing.

Your name is Aedhann, and over the last handful of days you’ve been fired from your job over a business trip, begun playing a VRMMORPG, assisted a government agent in detaining your former best friend, killed a man whom broke your door down, and went on a date with the aforementioned government agent – and to top it all off, gave someone whom was being a bit of a whore your address.

You’ve grown quite accustomed to virtual reality over time, though no conditioning would be able to support you in ignoring the body’s needs, which – on top of an elevated heart rate – has lead to you vomiting in a waste bin for some time.

The last time that something iffy happened, you ended up killing someone – so it’s time to take stock and do what you can do in a manner that doesn’t suggest you’re mentally disabled. You hear a faint ringing, which you might be able to confuse for tinnitus if it wasn’t the distinct ring of your phone.

> Lock the door and calm yourself down before moving back onto Gun Gale Online.
> Open your desk drawer and grab your gun. You might as well be ready in case shit goes awry.
> Check the caller ID and pick up the phone.
>>
>>669124
> Open your desk drawer and grab your gun. You might as well be ready in case shit goes awry.

love that new thread smell
>>
>>669124
>>
>>669124
>>
With a bit of a stumble, you manage to haul yourself to your feet. You move over to your desk, grasping at the edge of it just a bit. The entire apartment is compact – dreadfully so, you’d interpret. Your left hand moves for the top leftmost desk drawer and clutches at it, though you settle into your chair and pick up the phone with your right hand.

The screen of the phone lights up for a few moments as it rings a few times, before dying down as you hit answer. It’s Anno, you’d already begun to expect from how little calls you received whilst you were immersed in Gun Gale Online. The majority of the time spent in the NerveGear was in a full dive – it was effectively like living in the system.

You supposed that was why it was easier for incidents to unfold, listening to the eerie silence of your phone’s speaker until you heard Anno’s voice and were able to ease up – at least a bit.

“Aedhann – hey, you doing okay?”

She sounded genuinely inquisitive. Must be off work already, if she’s that at ease, you come to assume as your chest stops heaving. You remain a bit too quiet, although.

“Uh, hey, Aedhann?” she clears her throat, as if vying for your attention.

> Come clean.
> Play it off.
>>
>>669194
> Play it off.
>>
>>669194
>Come clean

i suppose she knows more about this than we do, so she could give us some advice or tell us if this is abnormal.

Alternatively, >anno, i'm sick, and your love is the only cure
>>
>>669194
>> Come clean.

hey kiva
>>
>>669208
I'm actually in support of this anon's suggestion (about Anno's love being the only cure, etc.)
>>
>>669194
>> Play it off.
>>
>>669194
> Come clean.
Am I breaking a tie? I think I'm breaking a tie.
>>
File: Aedhann's Apartment (2).png (1MB, 1875x939px) Image search: [Google]
Aedhann's Apartment (2).png
1MB, 1875x939px
You elect to play it off, as that was the first thing that came to mind. You inhale slowly, before beginning to speak up as soon as you exhale.

“. . . fuck, – hey, Anno – what’s up?” You fumble your words a little, but ease up as the chair squeaks in the background. Your gaze falls upon the door past the divider, as you listen to Anno’s words. They go by for a few moments, and you don’t even remember what was being spoken of.

Shaking your head, you clutch at the top left drawer with your free hand.

“Uh, sorry, Anno – could you repeat that?” you inquire, finally, opening up the drawer and sifting through the contents. You finally come to grasp your revolver, an Astra .44 CTG, pulling it out and setting it on the desk. A decade of sport shooting came to its worth in this revolver, and will hopefully continue to do so in the decades to come.

You open up the revolver’s cylinder, as Anno taps away at something – evidently a keyboard if the mechanical clicking isn’t enough of a guess.

“Tch,” she scoffs, before continuing. “I’d said that I may have found a position for you at the local hospital, if that is of any interest, Aedhann. That aside, I take it you’ve gotten along nicely with the AmuSphere?”

>> :: Choose one.
> Ask about the position at the local hospital – this seems iffy.
> Agree – you’ve not had too much trouble with the AmuSphere, outside of the system’s barriers on certain heartrates.

You fish out a handful of rounds from the open drawer – some Remington 240 grain from a blue-box retailer. You feel that it doesn’t really matter, loading them into the revolver as quietly as can be. You tell yourself that this is just in case, though recalling last time – you’re uncertain.

>> :: Was writing this prior to >>669292 coming in with a tie-breaker. Sorry, guys.
>>
>>669317
>anno, i'm sick and the only cure is your love
this is happening, damn it
>>
>>669317
>> Ask about the position at the local hospital – this seems iffy.

oh boy!!!!!
>>
>>669317
>>
>>669317
>>
“A position at the local hospital?” you ask, setting the last of three rounds into the revolver. With your free hand, you raise it to close the cylinder, though you have to rest the phone on your shoulder to turn the cylinder around a bit.

Anno giggles at your disbelief, or uncertainty – both seem right for the situation and ripe for the taking. “Yeah, they were asking about anyone whom had any relative experience with virtual reality, especially the concept of Full Dive hardware – which is where I suppose you come in,” she trails off, drumming her fingers on her desk rather audibly. “I’d expect them to be asking about prior experiences, although.”

“What do you expect this position to . . . I dunno, entail?” Another question from yourself, and another small giggle from Anno. The lightness of her tone, and the constant attempts to distract herself by either typing or drumming her fingers – she’s intoxicated, you come to assume, or she’s had a fair bit to drink.

“Knowing that place, it’s more than likely going to involve moderation of patients – stuff like that. Keeping an eye on them whilst they’re fully immersed in games like that one fairy game, Alfheim, or Gun Gale. They’re running on-the-job training, so at most it’d require a good enough application and a bit of faux credentials.”

“Faux credentials?” you raise your brow, a notion that is entirely unnecessary whilst you’re talking over the phone. With your left hand, you press the hammer of the revolver back, preparing the firing pin.

“Little bit of IDs, degrees. . . dunno where you’d get that, though,” she starts, bringing the faintest smirk to your face as you set the loaded Astra down.

>> :: Choose one.
> Ask Anno about getting some assistance with the credentials.
> Put off the offer – it doesn’t seem like your thing.
> Ask a bit more about the offer.
> Interrogate Anno on the likelihood of her being intoxicated.
>>
>>669413
>>
>>669413
> Interrogate Anno on the likelihood of her being intoxicated
"love, i know you like me, but it takes the fun out of it if you get /yourself/ drunk"
>>
>>669413
>Ask a bit more about the offer
>>
>>669413

Waifu must not drink....especially goverment officials
>>
>>669413
bump?
>>
>>669413
>> Ask Anno about getting some assistance with the credentials.
>> Ask a bit more about the offer.
>>
>>669413
>Ask to meet Anno in person RIGHT NOW to talk about it
>>
dead quest is dead?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.