[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civilized Civilization Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1454834707363.png (7MB, 2300x6400px) Image search: [Google]
1454834707363.png
7MB, 2300x6400px
Hello, dear friends, and welcome. Today, we are doing something we've all done many times before, and that is selecting a race and a place of a civilization. This time, however, it will be different. This time we will find ourselves fitting into a world as partners, not gods or demons, but as civilized races. We will not be learning how to forge bronze for the thousandth time, nor fighting for survival in the frozen tundra. No, this shall be a game of armies and cities, not camp-fires and unburied corpses.

Without further ado, and with the above in mind, pick our race. (No Insects, Demons, Angels, Etc.. We are to be civilized partners in a world, not abberant monstrosities or celestial beings. Golems are fine, machines are not, for example.)
>>
>>658254
Homunculus

Tundra city near the shore?
>>
>>658276
Second
>>
>Golems are fine, machines are not
I would say machines have way more chances of being civilized than fricking golems.

I vote for humans on whatever terrain people want...
>>
>>658254
Undead islands. Let's make a corpse-laden utopia.
>>
>>658301
Machines are hard to make sense of, and sort of jarr any fantasy setting a little bit off kilter.
>>
We are in need of either a new idea or a final vote.
>>
>>658306
Get dem undead islands. Come on boi.

i want me some liches.
>>
Well, that's good. One vote in it.
>>
>>658306
Undead island sounds cool
>>
Alright then.

Things have not gone to plan. Perhaps a month ago, you revealed yourself to your subjects. You had been kept captive by a series of regents throughout your childhood, and had gradually grown isolated from the people, forced down into libraries and crypts, fulfiling only a ceremonial role as Emperor. Your fathers had ruled an Empire all across the continent, imperium running like blood along the great artery-rivers of the massive lands to the north. Your Regents ruled the Peninsula of Pryda, the home of the Empire, and it's heart, but nothing more. The horsemen of the Steppe had descended, and stolen your crown from you.

You found solace in the great libraries, learning and growing stronger, gradually discovering the gift of magic in your blood. Soon, you had gained an understanding of evocation and conjuring, growing strong enough to burn a would-be assasin to death with a flick of your hand. Slowly, your bitterness drove you deeper, and you found yourself in the Crypts. The Emperors of days passed lay there, and gradually you allowed them to rise. Your ancestors followed you from the crypt, their bones hollow and their regalia rotted.

When the People learned of what you had done, you had to flee. You had found a loyal squadron of boats, and hopped aboard. Three Triremes, filled with undead royals, manned by perhaps twenty loyal men, and lead by you, the Emperor, thirty years old on this fine day, cloaked in purple, silver diadem on your head.

A few weeks voyage is all it takes, and your small retinue arrives, in splendid fashion, on one of the teeming southern isles, an Island that plays host to an Imperial border Fort, and an undermanned one at that. You enter into the camp in full regalia, dispendiong gold to the troops and introducing them to your ancestors, who now walked with you. A few men were disturbed by the image of your father, flesh hanging taught on his bones.

The Fort commander quickly swears his loyalty at the sight of the blades held by your servile skeletons, and you take up residence in the commander's room, shivering at the lack of luxury.
>>
>>658396
So we can start now?
If so...
Its a fortress on an island so I bet some soldiers have died of scurvy and/or tropical diseases in the past, ask the fort commander about it, find the graves and bring back some dead soldiers to boost your numbers.
>>
>>658396
Well this one died quickly
>>
/qst/ was a mistake
>>
>>658396
Our Dragonstone
>>
try my civ hybrid quest, has been running for a while, slow but steady updates.
http://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/514174.html
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.