[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Witcher Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: witcher code.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
witcher code.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzfFPONyjSw&ab_channel=Witcher2Game

You are a Witcher, a mutant trained from childhood to battle and slay monsters and other supernatural evils to protect mankind. Subjected to horrific Changes which gave you superhuman strength and agility as well as resistance to potions and toxins which would melt the insides of an ordinary man. You also possess extraordinary healing and regenerative abilities and freakish cat-like eyes to see in the dark.

Though drilled for enough combat to turn any small frightened boy into a master swordsman, a Witcher's first ally is preparation and knowledge before all else. Thus, be aware of your tools:

You carry two blades, one razor sharp steel sword and a second of meteorite silver, which while useless in an ordinary battle is deadly to magical creatures.

You are trained in a small selection of minor magical spells, known as Signs

Your instruction included rigorous memorization of herbs and plants and the many Potions possible to brew with them. You can also soak your blade in special poisons and Oils to imbue it with enhanced properties, sometimes necessary for particular monsters.

You may craft explosive bombs of various types with differing effects.

Lastly, an enchanted medallion hangs about your neck which will gently vibrate when in the presence of magic to alert you.

The Age which gave birth to Witchers has long passed. Your kind is few and fewer all the time, as the saying goes, no Witcher has ever died in his bed. Most drift from town to town, scorned by the peasants whose lives they save, eking out a living removing minor monster infestations one at a time in perpetual poverty. A few are the subject of myth and legend, titanic heroes and villains of fables for which the mundane truth is often more grim than the children and superstitious peasantry who listen to such tales would believe.

The Northern Kingdoms have recently recovered from a second devastating war with the black Empire of Nilfgaard which borders them to the south. Only by uniting together under the leadership of Foltest of Temeria did the nations of the North remain free and independent. Though united they were, tension hangs in the air now that the Black Ones are no longer an imminent threat for the time being. Though rest assured, Emperor Emhyr var Emreis - the White Flame Dancing on the Graves of his Enemies, will not rest until the entire world is within his dominion.

But the lines on the map are no concern of yours. Your stomach is as empty as your coinpurse and you find yourself at a crossroads, destinations marked on a signpost. Surely one of these locations will have need of your services, and hopefully the coin to afford them.

The nearby village of Blackwood is a possible source of income or perhaps you would rather trek the main highway towards the Temerian city of Verlain. Your horse can make the journey in a day's time if pressed.
>>
I feel like starting small. Blackwood looks like just the place I can start to mend my tattered reputation. I'll go see what the villagers of Blackwood need.
>>
>>65302
Seconded.
>>
>>65302
True to its name which you are certain it shares with at least three other places, the village is surrounded by a thin wood of dark trees.

Blackwood is like a thousand little hamlets you've seen in your time roving the world, small wooden homes crowded around a central dirt square with the exception of a single stone two-story. The whole place is quite unremarkable except for the lack of a public postboard. It seems that without anonymous bounties to rely on, you're going to have to inquire around to see if anyone has any use for a Witcher.

Your keen nose quickly homes in on the alluring waft of hot meals and alcohol drifting from the local tavern.

Do you investigate there or elsewhere?
>>
>>65325
Investigate tavern.
>>
>>65325
On my way to the tavern, I make inquiries to the townsfolk about any sort of strange happenings. I would like to know if anybody has any information pertaining to local problems first.
>>
You tie your horse and secure your belongings and make your way towards the tavern, your ears already filled with the bustle contained within despite being several paces away. You attempt to meet the glances of several villagers on your way, most quickly shift their eyes away. You try to get the attention of a few to probe for any local troubles but no one will replay with more than a curse.

You enter the tavern, regretting that you lack the money for any of the vitals on offer. Before you can take a seat at a table, spit strikes the back of your head.

you turn to see a portly, barefoot and dirty man with a pockmarked face snarling at you. "Oi! Witchman," he says, "The last thing we need around here is one of your kind."

how do you respond?
>>
>>65353
Calmly turn around and flash my orange eyes at him with an almost menacing glare. "I'm gonna give you one chance to explain why you possibly made the biggest mistake of your existence. I don't take too kindly to rude introductions." I don't want to threaten with violence immediately (akin to pulling sword out) but I want him to make sure that I mean business.
>>
>>65353
Ask "Why would you push out someone who is literally created to kill monsters that harass people like you?"
>>
>>65353
"No monster troubles, ey? Guess I could move on if there's no Witcher Work to be done."

Also order some vodka. Best way to make buddy-buddy with the barkeep.
>>
You turn to face him, being sure to allow your eyes to catch the light, and give a stern glare. After some consideration, debating on whether you should form the Axii Sign to calm his mind, you tell him, "I guess that means you don't have any trouble around at the moment? First sign of a ghoul prowling the area or a drowner crawling out of the marsh and your ugly mug would be singing a different tune. Am I right?" You ball a fist in clear view.

After trying to failing to maintain his composure, the dirty man backs down, grumbling about freaks like you being the death of this place. Half of the town must be in here, a few huddled around tables playing dice and card games you don't recognize, more are getting pleasantly drunk. The tavern seems to be tended by a young woman with short dark hair.
>>
>>65391
I tell him "it's no Witcher's fault that monsters roam these lands. I am simply here to help your town be rid of fiends and creatures alike. I do not wish to further divide myself and you but I will gladly get up and leave." I make my way to the bar-maiden and take a seat. I say to the bar-maiden "Seems like wherever I go I get showered with praise and compliments."
>>
You ignore the gambling and make your way to the bar, the maiden greets you with a grin, "Pay my neighbor no mind, your coin spends the same here as anywhere else, Hexer. What can I do you for?"

"Yeah, seems every place has its own special welcoming committee," you reply. "Unfortunately, much as I'd like to order enough vodka to make me forget all the compliments I'm showered with, I haven't an oren to my name at the moment. I'd like to change that. Know of any monsters in the area or any weird incidents? I'd like any sort of work, really."

She hesitates before telling you, " Folks around here won't like to admit it, but you've come at the right time. People are wandering into the woods, experienced men who've worked this land all their lives, and they're not coming back. This establishment isn't mine... my father left to trade at the mill at Four Streams a month ago and I fear the worst. The Alderman has refused to do anything. Will you?"
>>
I stop to think about it for a moment "disappearances in the woods, experienced woodsmen gone missing, seems to be happening on roads." I ask her "You haven't had any bandits in these lands recently, is that right?" I pause in my train of thought. "Could be a group of bandits kidnapping people and stealing their goods. Do you have any more information regarding these disappearances?"
>>
>>65425
Press him for more info.

"A lot of men wander off, especially if all they have to look forward to is mud and sweat. Any signs of this being a beast? Who in the village would know about this aside from the Alderman?"

Might be a good idea to hear from more than one perspective.
>>
So I take it this is done?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.