[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Druid's Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (11KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 275x183px
The forest was calm today. Just like it was most of the time, but today there was a stillness to it that Davy could feel as soon as he woke up this morning. Today was the day, he was going to commune with nature again. All druids did this at least once a year. At least that's what Ragscarf told him.
Davy could remember his face; cold and sullen. The man looked like he was carved from stone.
>"All druids commune with Nature Davy. They pick their own day and every druid does it differently. You must find your way. I'll break you down and rebuild you Davy. I'll make a druid of you yet.

And break you Ragscarf did. He wasn't a peaceful man. He found nature by becoming lost in it, he became enfolded into the forces of life by nearly losing his. His training reflected this.
Davy shuddered, he didn't want to think about the trials of his youth. Today was supposed to be a special day.
Davy was 24 years old, a child by druidic standards. Many of the druids eventually became ageless as the forest they tended too became stronger. Many lived to be hundreds of years old. The Arch druid himself was over 500 years old and was so in touch with his forest wherever he stepped flowers would bloom. Davy was nowhere near this powerful but he had his own strengths.
Davy rose from his bed and sighed. He grabbed the satchel of herbs he had prepared the night before and left his small cabin.
Davy felt the sun on his face and smiled.
>Nothing going on today. Good day to do this.
Davy proceeded to the local lake. His favorite spot in the woods.

A short walk later he arrived. Davy takes a deep breath and removed all his clothing with the exception of his bear skin cloak, which he can never remove for more reasons Davy doesn't like to think about. He sat on the shore of the lake and consumed his herbs and waited. Waited for nature to speak to him. Birds chirped in the distance. It was the first sound he had heard from any wildlife that day. It was a good sign.
His perception began to melt. He felt himself falling away. Then she came.

-Continued-
>>
File: 4-Nature-Wallpapers-2014-1.jpg (401KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
4-Nature-Wallpapers-2014-1.jpg
401KB, 1600x900px
Her voice was the whisper in the winds. It was birds singing and plants growing. Her body was imperceptible. So massive and resolute it could not be comprehended. Davy only knew it was a she because it felt like a she. This had never happened before. He only caught glimpses of this in the past. But never enough to know what it was.
>who are you
Davy asked inside his vision
Ocean waves crashed against her words.
>I am Gaia, Davy.
Davy felt as if the whole world fell beneath him.
>That's impossible
>Davy, it needed to be. You are needed.
Only the archdruid could communicate directly with Gaia. Many druids lived their whole lives only seeing fractions of her beauty. The embodiment of the natural process.
Trees groaned as she spoke again.
>They are all gone Davy. I have no emissaries on this plane. My power is dwindling here, no one is left to tend the forests and they are being burned in the wake.
Her voice became the sounds of predators striking prey.
>you -must- help me. A man seeks to end me Davy.
Davy couldn't comprehend such an act. Nature is..nature. It cannot be destroyed.
>That's impossible
Davy couldn't think of anything to say besides that phrase. He was too overtaken by Gaia's presence.
>Erasmus has made it possible. Go my Druid. Fly. Find the lost son and stop Erasmus. Or this world will fall.

Davy awakens with a start by the lakebed. His head hurts and his nose is bleeding. He could hardly believe what had just happened.
Davy just became the youngest Archdruid in the history of the craft.

Roll 1d20
1.Go back to the cabin to get supplies
2. Walk around the forest
3. Immediately leave the forest to go find out who this "Erasmus" fellow is
4. Use the lake to try and contact Ragscarf
5.Write in

[Spoiler] I'm tired, but if this thread takes off I'll stay up, if it doesn't then I'll go to bed [spoiler/]
>>
Going to bed then. If anybody posts overnight I'll work up a response to it in the morning. Roughly 5-6 hours from this post.
>has OC storyline
>nobody gives a shit
>figures.
>>
>>64854
>4. Use the lake to try and contact Ragscarf
>>
>>65092
She had said that there were no more emisarries for her on this plane. Davy's mind immediately jumped to Ragscarf. While he had no love for the man he cared enough to find out if he is missing.
Druids regularly contacted each using natural water sources. It was a conduit between all of them. Ragscarf was in his forest far to the north. Davy redressed, not wanting Ragscarf to see him nude and still very credulous about whether or not he had actually seen Gaia.
He placed his hands in the water and the ripples scattered accross the surface as he concentrated on Ragscarf. Ragscarf was the smell of smoke, the pain of the trials, and the smell of alcohol. He felt his magicks reach into the lake. His sight changed places.

His eyes were in Ragscarf forest. Something was very wrong here. He could feel the panic of animals and in the distance something churned like rocks being pressed into each other until they shattered. Davy took a moment to regain his composure. Ragscarf wasn't there. Normally this spell would allow him to communicate directly with Ragscarf but since he was absent Davy was communing with the forest his master previously resides in. It was nearly overwhelming.
Davy moved his perception towards the grinding and the fear. What he saw changed him.
Animals were running and bushes were burning. Davy felt the life of hundreds of living things disconnect from the land. Trees, animals, bushes, and berries all were dying in some horrible Holocaust. Then Davy saw it.
Metal men. Large unruly things with axes where their hands should be and fire bursting from their gullet. They moved with purpose and precision. Silent except for the sounds of steam venting from their back and the steady thwack of their axes against the trees. Everything else they burned.
Davy could feel tears running down his cheeks. He could feel the death. He couldn't feel these monsters. They weren't of Nature.
Their destruction was so complete that Davy was beginning to lose touch with nature in this area. He only was able to get one clue from the automatons. A large symbol on their chest.
Erasmus Inc.

Davy came back into himself by the side of the lake. Crying.
Ragscarf was gone. Everyone was gone. He was the last emissary for the earth and something was trying to kill nature. The calmness of the forest this morning wasn't a good sign. It was the beginning of the end. Unless Davy found a way to stop it.

Roll 1d20
1.Go back to the cabin and get supplies
2.Leave the forest for the nearest town to figure out who "Erasmus" is
3. Go to Ragscarf's forest to try to find the automotons and stop them from destroying his master's forest. The forest will take a week to get too
4.cry some more
5. Write in.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>65780
>4.cry some more
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>66651
Let's get some supplies while we cry more
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 284x177px
>>66651
Davy is too overcome with emotion to do anything besides sit and cry in front of the lake. The monsters destroying the forest, the loss of Ragscarf, Gaia's plea with him. It's too much.
Davy was content to care for this small forest. He had no desire to become the Arch-Druid, no aspirations for power or responsibility. All Davy ever wanted was to be one with nature and eat hallucinogenic substances.
Tears fall trickle down his face and into the lake, obscuring his reflection.
>Quit crying you idiot.
>I don't need to hear this from you.
Davy scowled. The bear was awake.
>Forest smells weird today.

Long ago when Davy was young a bear attacked him in the woods. He used his nature magicks to kill it. Once Ragscarf found out he was infuriated.
>NEVER kill a being of nature with nature
He roared.
>I'll make you remember that till your dying days you miserable puke!
And so he did. He turned the bear skin into a cowl and infused the consciousness of the bear into it.
His name was Soke, and ten years later Soke was still mas about being killed.

>Forest smells -really- weird today. Get off your ass. We have work to do.

Davy rose. Not from Soke's bidding, he was merely out of tears.
>Do me a favour and shut up. I have things I need to do.

1.Go to the cabin for supplies
2. go to the forest to try and stop the automotons, this will take a week
3. Go to the nearby town to find out who Erasmus is
4. Write in
>>
>>66820
>1.Go to the cabin for supplies
>3. Go to the nearby town to find out who Erasmus is
>>
>>66890

this
>>
>>66890
Davy decided it was best to head to his cabin and grab supplies before heading to the nearby town. He makes his way through his forest quickly, he knows every root and stick like the veins on the back of his hand.
>So what'd you see why you were under? You seem pretty shaken up boy.
Soke asked, his tone showing no actual concern.
>Something has happened to Ragscarf..I think something has happened to all the druids except me.
Davy shuddered again. The thought of being the last druid scared him so deeply he preferred not to actively think about it.
>That seems pretty unlikely you dunderhead.
The raspyness of Soke's voice made Davy feel like a child.
>you were hallucinating my friend. Bad trips happen
>Gaia told me.

>That's impossible.
Davy smiled weakly
>That's what I said.
Soke became silent.

Davy arrived at his cabin. It's familiarity felt bittersweet. He knew he would be leaving it soon and Davy was unsure if he would return. Davy entered. It was a simple space. A cot wove from branches and loose hair, a small fireplace. A table. It was all grown, his cabin was the roots of an old tree he found and molded into the form of a cabin. It was warm in an odd way.
Davy scrambled for his pack, various sacred herbs, his jar of hallucinogenic plants and mushrooms, a change of clothes and his staff. It was a magnificent thing. He had spent several weeks inside a cave by Ragscarf's bidding
>I will not let you leave until you can survive off of the water clinging to the walls and the moss beneath your feet.
Ragscarf then shoved Davy into the cave and sealed it shut by bidding the rocks to collapse. Ragscarf specialized in stone. He could command it like the wind commands the seas.
Davy nearly died in that hole. In his desperation he found magicks. By nearly dying submerged in nature he became enlightened.
Davy remembers barely clinging to sanity as thirst filled his mind. Darkness was closing in. A darkness a few shades lower than the abyss of the cave.
But then, a green light appeared. Davy reached out and magick sprung from his hand and the rocks fell in above him, all of the stones falling at an angle as if bidden not to harm him.
Light.
Davy shuddered as he recalled the event. That was the first time he ever used magic. And in the rubble was the first sized emerald that was the source of the light in the cave. The gem had channeled Davy's magick and connected him with nature. He spent a year growing a small tree around it then removing the tree from the ground and carving it into a staff. The wood still livew through the nature magics imbued into it through magick use. Davy called his staff (Roll 1d20 to name staff)
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>70884
Espero*

*It means "Hope".
>>
Espero. Davy named it after another word for hope. For in that moment when the light crashed in and felt Nature flowing through him he felt uplifted from the very edge of losing all hope.
Espero. It was a good name.
Davy walked to the door and turned around, giving his home of 4 years a silent farewell.
>Get moving idiot. We need to find Ragscarf
Davy shook his head and left his cabin for the last time.
>We aren't going after Ragscarf. He is gone and abominations run rampant in his place.
Soke grumbled.
Davy turned around and gave his cabin a look. It couldn't just sit out here unprotected.
>that won't do.
Davy muttered as he focused on his staff. His perception shifted and he felt himself inside his tree. It was a great old thing. It had seen nothing of the world outside this one spot and was pure from it. He reached into the earths magicks and pulled the energies into his tree. The infusion of such gave the tree a burst in energy. Davy guided the roots up instead of down and surrounded his house with a thick layer of strong roots.
Once his home was completely covered he released his control over the tree, smiled at his work and went on his way.
The nearby town was called Telle'hatchy. It was a small community of Hobbits that farmer nearby. They knew Davy well and enjoyed his company. Davy appreciated their love for things that grow, the Hobbits appreciated Davy's magic. He would often help the crops grow and had kept the citizens of Telle'hatchy very full and happy for the last 4 years. If Davy knew anything. The way to a Hobbits heart was through his stomach.
Davy found the trail and eventually the road. It would take a full day to travel there by foot. Davy had a decision to make.
It's currently 5 hours away from nightfall
1.Travel through the night
2. Set up camp at nightfall
3. Turn into a hawk and fly there, this is very hard to perform for Davy and he has never actually completed it before. It will also take a lot of energy. But he could reach Telle'hatchy in 2 hours in the air
4. Write in
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>71022
>3. Turn into a hawk and fly there
We can't afford to waste time. Gaia will give us the energy we need (hopefully).
>>
>>71278
(Good Roll)
Davy knew he couldn't afford any time to wait. He had never turned into a hawk before. He had spent the last month becoming one with their consciousnesses and living as the hawk vicariously. He believed he could turn himself into one through his experiments. Ragscarf always said Davy would never be powerful enough to transform into a wildform. Davy figured since he was the Arch-Druid now maybe he could pull it off.
He focused inward and felt his own life force. Davy Remembered the feeling of being a hawk. Being a being of the air, a cold predator whipping through the sky after flying things. Davy had to keep in mind who he was. Many druids turned into wildlife to never return. To become so at one with the beast they lose themselves.
He felt something familiar. The warm glow of Gaia radiating energy to him. Davy felt his form painlessly shift. Feathers, claws, beak.. Davy became as he envisioned. A beautiful brown hawk.
He took to the sky, still feeling Gaia's Touch with him.
>(Bonus; Gaia's Touch- Davy can now cast more spells in a day)
He felt the wind beneath his wings as he flew. It was exhilarating. For two hours Davy forgot about his newfound troubled. Then Telle'hatchy appeared on the horizon.
Davy flew lower to the ground just outside the town and landed. He released his hold over his form and returned to his original form.
>I can feel Gaia with me
Davy felt magically inspired. New connections between energies were becoming quickly apparent to him. Maybe he was actually the Arch-Druid now
This thought both excited and scared him.
Davy had several options to find out who Erasmus was here. Surely news of metal men destroying forests had reached this far.
He also had many questions about the plight of druids. Druids came in all shapes and forms, but many helped the community they were in. It was dangerous to be a recluse. Druids learned long ago that "The weird hermit in the forest" were usually the first to be accused of a unsolved crime. So by providing the community with some light nature magick in return for trust. Druids were charitable for self preservation.
So news would spread of they disappeared.
It is 3 hours until nightfall.
1. Go to tavern, the solid go too for information
2. Find your friend Fredrikson. He was the first hobbit you met when you moved into the nearby forest and is incredibly loyal to you.
3. Get a room for the night. Regain your energies through meditation.
4.write in
>>
>>71448
((((Sorry that got a little muddled at the end. Multitasking))))
>>
((((Also, I'm up again))))
>>
So is my writing shitty or are text based adventures not very popular?
>>
>>71448
>3. Get a room for the night. Regain your energies through meditation.
>>
>>79882
Davy walked into Telle'Hatchy and smiled. Hobbits were wonderful folk. Their town just looked like a small hilly meadow with farmland in the distance. But from the right angle the small entrances to their houses and tavern appeared, dug right into the ground. The main road in Telle'hatchy was just dirt that had been compacted over years of feet toddling across it. Davy approached the tavern, which had a few rooms to spare. The tavern was called "The Nervous Cockerel" and it was run by a hobbit name Fiarg. Davy had done this man a few favours in the past, Kept his rosemary and Herb alive and thriving for a few years. It was finally time for Davy to call in a few favors.
Davy entered and the Tavern was alive with activity. The farmers in the community regularly came here at the end of their days for a quarter pint or two. Music was playing and many hobbit feet were stomping the ground to the beat.
A few surprises looks went Davy's way. They had never seen Davy leave the forest outside of harvest season and that was still months away.
>Ay it's Davy!
>Get him a pint!
The crowd cheered
Davy smiled
>I'm sorry friends, but I have business to attend too and I need to get some rest. Thank you for your hospitality. Davy smiled weakly to them.
>oh..eh.. Well come out and join the party friend!
Fiarg yelled from behind the bar.
>you can have the second room down mate! No charge!
Davy crossed the room awkwardly towards the rooms. A few Hobbits raised their glasses to him. Davy was amazed with the natural friendliness of the Hobbits. They accepted him. Many druids weren't as lucky as Davy was to have chosen a forest near a Hobbit Town.
Davy entered the room. It was warmly lit and inviting. Everything Davy wasn't used too at all. But Davy had decided in the forest that if the other druids had disappeared then maybe it was best to avoid his natural surroundings.
Davy decided to Meditate before nightfall, then fall off into a wistful, paranoid sleep

Morning.
1.Find Fredrickson, either for information, supplies, or a personal favour
2. Do some magicks for the community before you go, since you are unsure if you will return
3. Go to Fiarg, ask him if he has heard about Erasmus and the missing druids
4. Write in.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.