[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Voyager Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 4

File: voyager quest op.png (458KB, 507x600px) Image search: [Google]
voyager quest op.png
458KB, 507x600px
A bead of sweat runs down your face as you open the paneling, exposing the guts of the navigation. Despite having two and a half feet of insulation separating you from the solar winds outside, the bridge is still uncomfortably hot, especially with your jumpsuit on. But you just have to deal with it — there’s no power to waste on comfort when you’re going to tunnel. Following the neatly coupled cables, you search in frustration.

You think out loud, “What do you mean no power?”

Seven years have passed by without much respite. You spent countless hours retrofitting your ship, searching for parts while watching the universe slowly die, everything converging and devouring itself. You’ve waited for this day. For a problem to come up now after checking over everything multiple times, it can only mean one thing.

“Blinky, get out of there!” you shout, “Stop playing around!”

Flying out, an insect with white, shining chitinous armor chirps around you, the bright blue streak on its back brilliant as ever. You sigh in relief when the current is visibly restored.

“Are you trying to give me a heart attack?” you attempt to reprimand. “Listen, don’t do that when we’re going to warp, okay?”

It hums in acknowledgement and flitters out of existence, appearing across the bridge a second later. You shake your head as you get up. If the Professor was here, he would lose his mind seeing a blinkbug on the ship; they have a terrible habit of disrupting circuitry “for fun” after all. Despite that, it’s all you have for company, so you gladly welcomed it.

You take a deep breath, lowering onto your chair. Nervously, you exhale. Laying your hands upon the controls, you brace yourself in case everything goes horribly wrong and you turn into stardust. No going back now.

You are Ava Faraday, proud owner of the Voyager…

>a Salvager ship, equipped with a plasma cutter and force field along with a plasma Mk I. [+2 to repair rolls]
>a Scouter, equipped with a stealth field and advanced sensors. [+2 to speech rolls]
>a Destroyer, equipped with a plasma Mk II and 2 EMP missiles. [+2 to pilot rolls]
>a Frigate, equipped with 2 laser Mk I guns and a small armory.
[+2 to non-ship combat rolls]

[Your ship will undoubtedly go through innumerable changes as you make your journey, so consider this as a starting point.]
>>
>>646967
>>a Salvager ship, equipped with a plasma cutter and force field along with a plasma Mk I. [+2 to repair rolls]
>>
>>646967
>>a Frigate, equipped with 2 laser Mk I guns and a small armory.
>>
>>646967
>Frigate
>>
>>646967
>A scouter, equipped with a stealth field and advanced sensors.
>>
>>646967
>a Frigate, equipped with 2 laser Mk I guns and a small armory. [+2 to non-ship combat rolls]
>>
>>646967
>a Scouter, equipped with a stealth field and advanced sensors. [+2 to speech rolls]
Stealth field? Sounds interesting.
>>
>>647014
Salvager
>>647028
>>647034
>>647037
Frigate
>>647035
>>647043
Scouter

Writing.
>>
I have made a discord https://discord.gg/6ufKb

We don't need a discord you say? My rebut to that is fuck you.
>>
File: voyager map.png (1MB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
voyager map.png
1MB, 1200x750px
...a Frigate, equipped with too many weapons for you be considered helpless. Thieves and other unsavory scum are a constant, and there’s no way you wouldn’t be prepared.

Carefully observing the map, you set the cycle width to be about a hundred years. Ultimately, that’s as far as you can go with your limited fuel capacity. Time travel was impossible, and so was interuniversal travel. It’s a feat that you are sure has been performed once in all of history, and that was with your help. The logistics are a mouthful, but this is the only way. The only way to find more time, to find more resources, to find a way to save it all.

You push the lever up, and the Voyager spins to life. Everything jolts, accelerating at a breakneck pace. The view on the monitors cuts off, and what’s left is silence. To your right, the sensors go haywire, unsettling your heart.

You can only wait.

Suddenly, the spaceship brakes, almost throwing you out of your chair. The displays flicker back and begin recalibrating. Blinky, chirping frantically, dives into your pocket and shifts around. Your attention, however, is too busy focusing on your success! …Or maybe failure? Compared to the brutal blotches of heat and energy in your home universe, the place here is dim, dreary, and cold. Frighteningly so.

[Fuel Reading: 60%]

Have you merely gone from a dying cosmos to a dead one? Your spirits had risen, started to sink back down, and then shoots through the roof when the system picks something up. A radio signal, one of a frantic voice in a language you don’t understand. Someone’s out there, and perhaps in danger! It takes you a moment to get your transcriber out, a small metal piece that jangles on your necklace alongside a key. You fiddle with it and it listens in. Soon, it ends and loops again. Damn, not nearly enough words to construct a language.

[Transcription: 30%]

>Onward, quickly!
>Approach with caution.
>Wait, but send a signal of your own.
>Observe from a distance, and be quiet about it.
>Write-in

[Write-ins are allowed even if it’s not explicitly written.]
>>
>>647134
>>Onward, quickly!
Friendly people seem to be a running thing for your quests so surely nothing could possibly go wrong!
>>
>>647134
>Approach with caution.
Cynicism ready.
>>
>>647134
>>Wait, but send a signal of your own.
just a ping to see if it'd get a response
>>
>>647134
>>647152
>>647158
I vote for both of these.
>>
>>647134
>Observe from a distance, and be quiet about it.
>>
>>647134
>>Wait, but send a signal of your own.
>>
>>647134
>Approach with caution.
>Send a signal of your own.
As we're basically as heavily armed as we can be at this point, there's little reason not to at least try to approach.

Given that we have fully intended for a while now to leap into unknown areas where unfamiliar lifeforms may very well reside, do we have a pre-prepared message that would allow other intelligent lifeforms to reconstruct our language? Likely starting from mathematical universal constants like pi and working from there.
>>
>>647134
>approach with caution
>send a signal of your own, see if you can't get a working language out of this
It might be a sofa salesman after all.
>>
>>647169
["Voyager Golden Record", which contains an incredibly dense information regarding the current status of your cosmos, a timeline of it, and a categorized library of life and culture. You could send it, but it would be impractical. However, you do have a transcoder which interprets and translate language as it records it.]
>>
>>647152
>>647163
>Onward!
>>647155
>>647169
>>647179
>Caution
>>647158
>>647168
>>647169
>>647179
>Signal
>>647166
>Observe

[Writing a combination of approach and send signal.]
>>
>>647189
I find it odd, given that our species seems to have an idea of the basic requirements to construct a language backwards from a single message, that we would rely solely on foreign races sending such a message to us, rather than ourselves sending a standardized message to them as well and allowing them to potentially decode our language while we try to work out theirs.

Seems like we're putting all our eggs in one basket, is all I'm saying. First contact seems like something most spacefaring races will have prepared for. Though perhaps we didn't even have time to prepare for this eventuality?
>>
>>647243
Well, it took a few sentences for it to be 30%. Other races may not be as advanced as we are, after all it should take a few minutes for us, while they may need hours/days.
>>
You run out of the bridge and into the inventory across your tiny ship all the while Blinky quivers in your jumpsuit. Making your way down a row of shelves of an assortment of electronics and junk, you stop when you get to a small black box. Quickly, you get back to the bridge, taking your necklace out and the key on it. You put the latter in and watch as it recognizes the, changing shape and opening the lock. The skeleton key of your ship.

Inside is a small storage device, holding the only copy of invaluable, irreplaceable information. A good time to use this as ever. Inserting into the communication controls on your left, you press a few buttons, snip a bit of information out, and send it out as a radio wave as the medium.

Nothing. While waiting, you go ahead and fire up the ion thrusters, slowly propelling your ship forward. Then, it appears — the source of the signal. A broken spaceship, countless holes in its hulls and debris floating nearby. Countless scorch marks cover it all, a clear sign of laser weapons. Is this… a trap? Suddenly, you receive a signal back, but from where else. More language you can’t understand, but the voice is blatantly different.

[Transcription: 50%]

“Wreckage… Identify yourself…”

You do a quick scan of the area and you notice something rather large approaching. Galleries of guns on its sides can be made out. Perhaps they detected the distress signal of the wreckage too?

[Continued]
>>
>>647312
Maybe you can coax more words out of him. You bring your transcoder closer to the comms.

“I am Ava Faraday. I received a distress signal and came upon the wreckage of this ship. Who am I speaking with? Do you know what happened?”

You can hear the device around your neck noisily crank out a translation, no doubt an unintelligent mess. There is a brief pause, then another voice comes on. More gargle.

[Transcription: 20%]

Oh great, now they’re trying different languages. Busy racking your head, it takes you a minute before you realize they’re approaching you in a rather fast pace. And their guns are raising too.

>Keep talking. You haven’t done anything wrong, right?
>Raise your armaments in retaliation.
>Turn around and get out of here.
>Forget this, fire it up — you’re tunneling.
>>
>>647385
>>Raise your armaments in retaliation.
>>
>>647385
Warning shot
>>
>>647385
>>
>>647385
>Raise your shields, but keep your guns pointedly not raised.
We do have some kind of shields, right?
>>
>>647385
Don't point those things at people young man, that's dangerous!
>>
>>647385
>Raise your armaments.
Blow them outta the vacuum.
>>
>>647385
>>>Keep talking. You haven’t done anything wrong, right?
If things do turn hostile, I want to lord it over them that we hasn't even raised arms when they fired.
>>
>>647385
>Raise your armaments in retaliation.
>>
>>647398
[Your ship can weakly generate a field, mitigating the damage of laser and plasma weapons. Against things like shells and missiles, it does nothing.]
>>
>>647394
>>647396
>>647397
>>647399
>>647401
>>647407
>Raise
>>647398
>>647402
>>647407
>Talk

[Writing]
>>
>>647506
Both, or merely raising arms? I say there's no harm in making more mouth sounds while also raising arms.
>>
Being a sitting duck isn’t your style. You raise the ships armaments and start redirecting power to the laser guns.

You speak into a microphone, “Lower your weapons! I haven’t done anything, there must be a mistake! We don’t have fight; we can talk this out.”

As the humongous spaceship approaches you, you realize it’s a colony ship. Something of this size, if it was a cruiser it would be much, much more well-armed. Why would—

Your thoughts are cut off when they fire. Shells launch out, seemingly desperate to turn everything into scrap metal. Slamming onto the controls, you kick the Voyager into gear. The ion thrusters turn on at full power, accelerating to the side. You cleanly dodge the bombardment as it flies above you, and also the array of lasers coming from behind you.

It takes you a second, but you notice that if you didn’t move, none of the shells would have hit you in the first place — but neither would have the laser gunfire. Going from monitor to monitor, you discover a flickering image of a corvette warship tailing you.

A cloaking field. The distress signal must be trap, but was it set for you? There must be more corvettes. There’s always more. The sound of someone from the colony ship returns, this time in a more… frustrated tone.

[Transcription: 80%]

[Continued]
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>647573
[For combat, Best of Three 1d20 will be taken alongside with a strategy, the DC being what I roll in this post. Write-ins are allowed of course, and your plan of action will dictate on how severe your roll will be when it is compared to the DC. An incredible plan can make rolling a 2 against a 25 bearable.]

[Roll 1d20]

>Side with the corvettes, the Voyager can’t handle the bombardments well.
>Side with the colony ship, you’d rather fight against scum.
>Retreat to the wreckage, you have no obligation to be involved in this firefight.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>647585
>>647585
And I somehow fucked up the dice.

>Retreat to the wreckage, you have no obligation to be involved in this firefight.

Use the wreckage as cover, if anyone give chase fire on them.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>647585
>>Retreat to the wreckage, you have no obligation to be involved in this firefight.
>>
>>647585
Rolling

>>
>>647585
NAT FUCKING 1
>>647590
FUCKING CALLED IT
>>
>>647585
>>>Side with the colony ship, you’d rather fight against scum.
I'm thinking a doomed colony ship would have lots of thankful people in it.
>>
>>647585
>>Side with the colony ship, you’d rather fight against scum.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>647585
>>Retreat to the wreckage, you have no obligation to be involved in this firefight.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>647598
fuck, messed up. rerolling
>autism
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>647585
>>Side with the colony ship, you’d rather fight against scum.
Switching to this actually.
>>
[Rolled 13]

>>647590
>>647598
>>647605
>Retreat
>>647603
>>647604
>>647621
>Colony ship

[Next vote breaks tie or I flip a coin in 5.]
>>
>>647604
>>
>>647672
Colony ship.
>>
[You rolled 13 vs 5]

You’re not sitting this one out, especially when they nearly singed the plating. Spinning the ship around, you quickly spin to face the cloaked ship. The sensors you have aren’t advanced enough to detect others if there are any, but the one that you do see is there in plain sight. Your lasers are already primed, and you begin fire.

Small, bright flashes appear on some monitors, the guns blasting particles brutally fast. The barrage nails the corvette in the side, a hole through their hull visible when the lasers takes a small break to cool down. Their cloaking field is comprised and shuts down.

They return your gift, but you had powered on your shields in advance. Cranking the engine in full power, the Voyager weaves between the attacks. Suddenly, another volley of fire comes from a different direction. Clipping you, a few beam collides with the bottom of your spaceship, part of it absorbed and the damage lessened.

[Ship Integrity: 90%]

[Continued]
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>647755
You check back and see that the colony ship is preoccupied right now, fighting off 3, no, 4 more corvettes. Dodging between more gunfire, you shoot again at the damaged one, ripping through it causing its engine to stall.

[Roll 1d20]

>Pull back to the colony ship.
>Put the ship out of its misery, and engage the new corvette at your throat.
>Attempt to draw fire from them all, given you are much faster than the colony ship.
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>647771
>Put the ship out of its misery, and engage the new corvette at your throat.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>647771
>>Put the ship out of its misery, and
>Attempt to draw fire from them all, given you are much faster than the colony ship.
What could possibly go wrong?
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>647771
>>Put the ship out of its misery, and engage the new corvette at your throat.

>>647780
Well look at that
>>
>>647771
>>Attempt to draw fire from them all, given you are much faster than the colony ship.
>>
>>647794
Redemption! First I roll a 1 and now a 20. All is well again
>>
>>647771
>>Attempt to draw fire from them all, given you are much faster than the colony ship.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V92OBNsQgxU
>>
By the way, you might want to ask for rolls after the vote next time, because this way, how risky we're willing to act is going to be entirely dependent on how well we roll.
>>
>>647780
>>647791
>>647794
>Engage
>>647791
>>647801
>>647836
>Draw fire

[Writing combination.]

>>647847
[Alright, will do.]
>>
Letting out another volley, you shred the downed corvette to pieces and speed off in an arc. With another enemy at your tail, you sweep forward towards the colony ship, recklessly firing at where you think the cloaked vermin are. Every time your sensors detect them, they update on your screen. When you land a barrage out of sheer luck, they all turn their attentions to you. They must think the colony ship can wait. After all, it can’t speed away like you can.

In a flash, you zoom past them and watch as from behind a well-placed shell completely destroys a chunk of one of the corvettes. As you fly up and around, you slip between and through hails of beams, getting grazed occasionally.

[Ship Integrity: 85%]

Your comms pick up something again.

“What are you doing?”

[Transcription: 100%]
[Prontian Language stored successfully.]

Leaning your head over as you complete another maneuver, you answer, “Lending a hand and taking heat off of you.”

You hear noisy chatter in the background.

With a sigh, he replies, “Thank you. We’ve finished preparations. Sending over help.”

Turning to your screen, you notice the colony ship open multiple ports, small ships zipping out and toward you. Frigates. You’d wish they’d done it sooner.

[Continued]
>>
They cut through, slowly catching up to you and the four corvettes behind you. Too busy focused on not getting turned into a cheese grater, you barely see your sensors going nuts. You notice it slowly closing in, a seeking EMP missile fired from one of the frigates. With a groan, you jink in attempt to get them off you.

The missile smashes into one of your pursuers, and from it erupting a massive electric explosion. Getting away by the skin of your teeth, you watch as the frigates sweep over the stalled corvettes and punch countless holes into them. One of their fuel tanks explodes, setting off a chain reaction and showering the Voyager is in debris.

With a heavy sigh, you open up comms.

“Can we do introductions again? I don’t think I caught anything.”

You wait for a brief moment before there’s a reply.

“Why don’t you dock first? It would be better done face to face.”

>”Sure, why not?”
>”Sorry about earlier. About raising weapons and everything.”
>”I’d rather not, but mind if I take a look at the wreckage with the distress signal?”
>”That would be great. Mind if I stay for a bit too?”
>>
[Going to get food, voting extended for 10 minutes or so]
>>
>>648015
>>”Sure, why not?”
>>”Sorry about earlier. About raising weapons and everything.”
>>
>>648015
>"Mind if I take a look at the wreckage with the distress signal first?”
Assuming write-ins are allowed at this point.
>>
>>648015
>>”Sure, why not?”
>>”Sorry about earlier. About raising weapons and everything.”
>>
>>648038
I'll second that.
Followed by
>>648034
this.
>>
>>648015
>>”I’d rather not, but mind if I take a look at the wreckage with the distress signal?”
>>
>>648038
Sounds good. Then a Sure why not.
>>
>>648015
>”I’d rather not, but mind if I take a look at the wreckage with the distress signal?”
>>
>>648034
>>648038
>>648042
>>648051
>>648071
>Accept invitation
>>648069
>>648111
>Don't

[Writing, just going to combine the dialogue.]
>>
Hey OP, if you haven't yet I suggest you check out the Star Wreck film series. Might give you a few ideas.
>>
“Sure, why not? Mind if I take a look at the wreckage with the distress signal first?”

There’s some talking in the background as you check over all systems again.

“That should be fine. We can wait. I assume what you don’t take you leave to us?”

“I’m okay with that,” you reply, “Sorry about earlier. About raising weapons and everything.”

The signal crackles, “It’s nothing.”

How brief. Finally relaxing, you slide down your chair as you work the controls. You blink, and note that Blinky is gone. Wondering where he went, you slowly stop the Voyager next to the charred ruins that lured you here. If you could find a fuel cell, then the fight wouldn’t have been in vain at all. Salvaging anything would be good, really. Turning on the floodlights, you illuminate the wreckage.

You take your first step onto the ruined ship, now fully suited with a railgun in hand. Can’t be too safe. The light from your ship pierces through the openings in the hull, while another one shines from your right shoulder. The distress signal plays on repeat in your suit meanwhile.

>Stop the god damn signal already, head to the bridge.
>Sweep the area for an armory.
>Look for the engine and work your way from there.
>Every ship has life support systems. You could do with some spare parts.
>>
File: wreckage.jpg (405KB, 1920x1014px) Image search: [Google]
wreckage.jpg
405KB, 1920x1014px
>>648198
[Oops.]

>>648133
[Alright, I'll keep that in mind.]
>>
>>648198
>>Stop the god damn signal already, head to the bridge.
Might be a pain if it kept catching people's attention.
>>
>>648198
>>Look for the engine and work your way from there.
>>
>>648198
>>Stop the god damn signal already, head to the bridge.
>>
>>648198
>Look for the engine and work your way from there.
On the off-chance we're on a time limit till more corvettes show up, we want to grab the most important stuff first.

Is the distress signal in that language we've just stored, or another one?
>>
>>648198
>>Look for the engine and work your way from there.
>>
>>648198
>Stop the god damn signal already, head to the bridge.
>>
>>648206
>>648226
>>648254
>>648261
>Bridge
>>648216
>>648251
>Engine

[Writing]

>>648251
[Same language.]
>>
>>648203

Here's the best looking one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4bka9Y2gJ0

The earlier ones are really low fi, but they have more examples of bad decisions by the captain and the hilarious consequences. If I recall they start several interstellar wars, so if you're looking for plot ideas that deviate completely from the official series, this is the place to look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qo3C_yIaw8&list=PLCBA2610726132EBE
>>
The looping words are giving you a headache. You shut off the voice telling you they’re under attack and head to the bridge, wherever it is. It takes you a while, but you reach it with relative ease as the ship is only as big as your ship, and then some. Walking in, you point the railgun up and around, carefully watching for any signs of life.

Nothing.

Taking a look around, you see that a beam had cut entirely through the bridge and destroyed various systems. Two bodies slump over on the floor, bloated and pale with no spacesuits in sight — what an awful fate. You move around, repositioning the light over them and around. A strange piece of metal and circuitry lies on the table, and you pick it up. For some reason, you are reminded of a recording, so you slip it into a pocket and move on.

Power is somehow still flowing to the communication systems, but to nothing else. Firing a single round into visible wiring, you watch as the looping lines stop broadcasting. You doubt there’s anything here worth salvaging, even if you manage to do it.

A voice breaks in your communication line. “Gah! Get out of here—“

[Continued]
>>
>>648310
Walking out in a confused daze, you try to listen in.

When you don’t hear anything, you ask, “What’s going on?”

You stand in silence briefly, wondering what you should do.

Then, you get a reply. “Oh, what? It’s nothing; there’s a bug on the ship.”

“…Is it white, the size of a fist, and chirping around?”

“What? What is it?”

“It’s… a blinkbug. My blinkbug, I’m sorry.”

“How did it get on the ship?” he groans, “It’s fine now, we grabbed it.”

“Uh...”

“Wait, where did it go?”

“It can do that. I’ll be right there, please don’t do anything… drastic.”

You can hear chairs falling over.

“No promises.”

Breaking into a sprint, you scramble back to ship, almost tripping along the way. Ah, forget the fuel cells! It’s probably pathetically small and useless anyway, just enough to power a small signal! Yup, you’ll repeat that in your mind.

By the time your ship almost crashes into the dock of colony ship, you’ve already convinced yourself. As soon as the bay shuts and floods with air, you open up the Voyager and drop down.

“Alright, I’m in the bay. Where are you?” you send out.

Surprisingly, someone jogs over to you, a ballistics vest over his chest and rifle at his back. He looks surprisingly human —except he has no visible ears. But you don’t sweat the small stuff.

“You, the girl? Ava?” he says.

“Yeah, where is the blinkbug?”

“We don’t know.”

Oh no.

>”Are you sure he’s not in the bridge? He loves shining lights.”
>”Do you have something that can let me broadcast over the entire ship?”
>”Where did you last see him? We can start from there.”
>[Lie]”He uh, tends to appear near engines a lot. Maybe we should check there.”
>>
>>648384
>>”Where did you last see him? We can start from there.”
>>
>>648384
>>”Do you have something that can let me broadcast over the entire ship?”
>>
>>648384
>>”Do you have something that can let me broadcast over the entire ship?”
>>
>>648400
>Last seen
>>648414
>>648432
>Broadcast

[Writing]
>>
“Do you have something that can let me broadcast over the entire ship?”

“We have a PA system, of sorts.”

This feels like trying to find your lost kid, but you shake off that thought immediately. He guides you down the tunnels, and past a pair of metal doors you see that the colony ship opens up massively. The sound of life fills your ears as you look on, the multiple storeys of the ship buzzing with chatter. You can’t remember the last time you saw so many people together.

Eventually, you reach a secluded hallway and a small paneling in the wall, a mesh layering over the microphone. You clear your throat, blushing a little at the thought of what you’re about to do. Pressing the button, you hear the feedback from the broadcasting system, and you chirp.

You let go and take a step back, giving the man an awkward smile as he returns a questionable look. In an instant, you feel the air ripple around you as your blinkbug appears again, happily flittering around you.

[Continued]
>>
>>648529
“Please don’t do that either,” you tell Blinky.

Meeting in some kind of central square, you the person who you were talking to before along with the captain. They both wear a sleek black uniform, a small emblem of an arrow of orange and blue stitched onto their sleeves. Their ears have to be somewhere, right?

“Hi, I’m Ava. Ava Faraday,” you say, holding the blinkbug in your hands, “and this is Blinky. Sorry about that.”

In an unflappable expression, the captain says, “It’s fine, it’s fine. Nothing was damaged, so don’t worry about it. I’m Mgrlon.”

The other man speaks, “I’m Wnnul. Thanks for the help; we would’ve been in a much worse shape without you. I’m curious about your ship, however. Do you mind if we take a look at it?”

“You’re welcome. As for examining, I’m afraid not,” you say, avoiding their mouthful names.

“We won’t pry, but what if we fix your ship for free? You can browse our wares in the meantime. You seem in need of supplies.”

You don’t have money on you, but you doubt it would do you any good in the first place. Bartering is an option, however.

>Agree to letting them examine your ship.
>The Voyager is off-limits, especially to the curious folk.

[And pick 1]
>”Do you have any fuel cells?”
>”Guns. I need more guns.”
>”I could use a crew member or two.”
>”Thanks, but I’m set.”
>>
File: ship layout 1.png (125KB, 1800x825px) Image search: [Google]
ship layout 1.png
125KB, 1800x825px
[Here's a picture of your ship's interior. Extending voting time for 10 minutes again. Sorry for all the delays.]
>>
>>648647
>>The Voyager is off-limits, especially to the curious folk.
We still have plenty of integrity left, no need for patching up now.

Probably can't hurt to ask.
>>
>>648647
>The Voyager is off-limits
>>
>>648647
>>The Voyager is off-limits, especially to the curious folk.

>>
>>648647
>The Voyager is off-limits, especially to the curious folk.
>”I could use a crew member or two.”
I'm not sure why it took me this long to realize this is basically FTL: The Quest.
>>
[Writing]
>>
“The condition of my ship is fine, thank you. Do you have any fuel cells?”

Wnnul shakes his head as Mgrlon looks on.

“I can’t help you there. We need every last one.”

You nod, taking a mental note that this universe is good on that end.

“Well, I really should take my leave,” you say.

The captain interrupts, “Hold on, I might be able to get you one. See, we need to transport some materials to another colony ship. Because it’s been quite dangerous lately, we’ve been forced to make the trip with this old thing ourselves. If you help escort our freighter, I’m sure we can work some kind of deal out.”

Pausing, you think about it for a moment.

“How long will this deal take? How much would you say I’d get paid?”

“Two days, if you don’t run into trouble. And does 1000 kU sound good?”

It would allow you to increase your cycle size to from 100 to 150 years. Almost nothing compared to the 100,000 you have to go, but better than nothing.

>”Sounds good. We can work out the details along the way.”
>”Bump it up to 2000 and we have a deal.”
>”I’m a bit short on time. Best wishes.”
>>
>>649083
>>”Bump it up to 2000 and we have a deal.”
No obligation to help after all.
>>
>>649083
>”I’m a bit short on time. Best wishes.”
>>
>>649083
>>”Bump it up to 2000 and we have a deal.”
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>649100
>>649183
[Roll 1d20]
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>649220
>13 DC
Oh boy here goes.
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>649220
Nat 20!
>>
>>649234
[Alright, good enough. Writing.]
>>
“Bump it up to 2000 and we have a deal.”

A hesitant look shoots across his face, “2000 kU, if nothing is damaged.”

“Captain!” Wnnul exclaims.

“We can spare it. It’ll be fine.”

Suddenly, the colony ship begins to dim, causing your blinkbug to slip out of your hands and jump around you. The lights are simulating a day cycle, you suppose.

With a smile, you ask, “So when is it?”

“First thing in the ‘morning.’ You should get a good nights’ sleep.”

It’s barely been a day, but you’re not going to complain. Maybe you’ll take a walk around, see what’s interesting. As you part from them after some fleeting last words, you play around in your pocket the recording you found from the wreckage. You used to record yourself, conversations with the Professor that you listen to every now and then. Just he wait; you’ll catch up to him.
>>
[Thanks for playing! Comments, criticism, and questions are welcome. I'll be here and in the discord, and I'll be returning tomorrow, 19:00 UTC.]

[Thoughts on the quest so far? Things you liked, disliked, maybe what you're looking forward to?]
>>
>>649405
Fun so far, thanks for running. My question is, have you based this off an established system with a rule book or is this something you've made up yourself?
>>
>>649435
[It's made up, although a lot of it has been taken from countless inspirations. I'm not sure I can list them if I tried.]
>>
>>649459
Cool, I was just curious, thanks for the info. As for what I am looking forward to, I guess learning more about the universe the quest operates in and learning about the character and what she knows.
>>
>>649405
Thanks for running. I'm a total nerd about space stuff so I'll probably stick around. I'm actually somewhat surprised these guys were actually friendly and didn't just arrest us once we got on their ship. I'll see what comes up later on but for now I'll probably try to play as a mostly neutral moneygrubber of sorts.
Looking forward to more friendlies and maybe some space battles, we seemed to do pretty good for the first one.

>>649480
>she
I didn't even notice we were a girl, for some reason I think I thought that the ship was named Ava or something.
>>
>>649511
Well we are looking for resources to save our universe so being a greedy bastard works well.
>>
>>649511
>I didn't even notice we were a girl
I really hope it ends up not mattering.
>>
Dammit, I had high hopes for this one.
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.