[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Endless Shadow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 1

File: Endless.jpg (128KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Endless.jpg
128KB, 1920x1080px
In the beginning there was only dark.

A vast uncaring cold that encompassed all existence with immeasurable forces ripping at each other clashing in an endless swirl of silent destruction and creation. It was in this time that the light was formed, a conflegration that shocked the endless black but in truth was of little consequence. Again and again new forces of light formed and twisted banding together to fend of the shadow with their newfound power. Many forces shifted and changed in this new existence one filled with glimmering battlefields of light scattered across the expansive void.

In this time all forces were still without will, the light was am immutable counter to the dark and thus the forces of light made war upon each other, most changed themselves into new forms of stone and storm and clashed anew in their land of light. Those vanquished were cast out into the dark and drifted all but dead in the gray half lighted places. but in time the conflicts began to settle and a certain order began to take shape.

In this time something wholly new arose from that order, life formed in the lighted lands and with it Will. These fleeting sparks had the ability to change and shift the order that surrounded them and in time reached out to those primal forces and changed them as well. The primal forces that had once torn at each other so viciously now turned on each other once again, but this time in a far more gentile manner. They turned the mortals against each other and in so doing increased their own power and gained through them access to the power of Will.

The primal forces knew little of the true extent of Will and in such were caught off guard when the mortals reached out to the vanquished half dead outcasts drifting around the lands of light. These less settled forces now imbued with Will had little care for the order that had risen in their absence and twisted the mortals who served them and even the very land they claimed in horrendous ways and threatened to send everything back into the days of destruction and chaos.

The conflict settled into a grueling stalemate, a war of attrition. Slow and ponderous that even the farthest of foresight could see no end to it. In this time the Thirteen convened in secret, they had trained their Wills as many mortals had to survive and chose to reach out like those who had to awaken the outcasts. With the primal forces focused inward they hoped to find a primal force untainted by Will to shatter this stalemate for good or ill.

What they found however was something none among the mortals had considered and the primal forces had long forgotten. After years of reaching out they brushed against the cold uncaring blackness and they beseeched it with every fiber of their being to permit them to serve it and offer their Will to it.

>Write in what they asked of the Endless Shadow
>Roll 1d100 best of the first thirteen
Low threshold = Dead Acolyte
High threshold = bonus Will score
>>
Rolled 71 (1d100)

>>645890
Peace
>>
Rolled 96 (1d100)

>>645890
feel free to make multiple roll posts I'm not actually expecting thirteen separate people but most challenges will be of a best of three verity mostly d100s
>>
Rolled 72 (1d100)

>>645890
Power
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

>>645890
Chaos
>>
Rolled 35 (1d100)

>>645890

Omnipotence...
>>
Rolled 82 (1d100)

>>645890

Divinity...
>>
Rolled 28 (1d100)

>>645890
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>
Rolled 79 (1d100)

>>645890 (OP)

Omnipotence...
>>
Rolled 62 (1d100)

>>645890

Divinity...
>>
Rolled 35 (1d100)

>>645890

Omnipotence...
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>645890

Divinity...
>>
Rolled 91 (1d100)

>>645890

Omnipotence...

(There. Thirteen rolls have been made)
>>
As the vast power they sought began to awaken they called out asking it to grant them Peace, Power, Divinity, Chaos, and Omnipotence. It did not know what these things were, it simply Was and these voices were filling it with questions. One word did resonate with something inside itself.

Power

As the Thirteen cried out for its atention it granted it. filling one of them with power. Its cold uncaring power filled the tiny mortal things veins freezing its blood and crushing the small spark of Will that was contained within but it also learned something from the interaction.

You have 12 Acolytes of the endless shadow. You have 1 Will point

>Spend some time learning about these mortals.
>Try to Imbue one of the Acolytes with power (costs 1 will)
>You are Cold. Destruction and Creation. lash out and destroy this place that has drawn your gaze.
>Other
>>
>>646034
>Try to Imbue one of the Acolytes with power.
I wonder what will happen.
>>
>>646034

>Try to Imbue one of the Acolytes with power (costs 1 will)
>>
Alright imbue looks like it takes it

Roll d100 best of 3
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>646074
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>646074

Rolling...
>>
You guys want me to make the last roll just go with the 81 or wait another 10?
>>
Rolled 88 (1d100)

>>646074
>>646105
i'll just roll i think
>>
>>646112
Nice one. Writing
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

You focus your power as you did before shifting it and modulating it. The cold pours into the vessel and you immediately realize its to much, you dial back quickly and find that you did it just in time to not squander the tiny things essence. Its frost coated robed form falls to the floor shivering. Its Will has been stretched by your contact but you know it was not truly the power you could have bestowed upon it.

The remaining eleven begin to pray and beg mercy. They had prepared themselves for the worst, the tales of those who saught aid from the Outcast were filled with horror and bloodshed but they hoped their suplication might save them from the worst. they seem confused, attributing your actions to malice. A new though lesser resonance fills you at the feel of the word, it is something you are capable of but does not seem to define you.

One Acolyte has been converted into a Shadow Touched(lesser)
You have 0 Will points.

>Spend some time learning about these mortals
>Speak to them to assuage their fears or encourage them (Costs 1 will)
>Turn your newly awakened sight elsewhere
>Other
>>
>>646145
>Spend time learning about these mortals.
We need to get better at not severely damaging these mortals.
>>
Going with that then. Writing
>>
Rolled 46 (1d100)

You watch

You listen

The Acolytes after a time realize that you aren't going to freeze their blood and and lay waste to the land. Some tend to their fallen comrade while others move the twisted ice sculpture that was once one of their number to a corner of the room. A room. one of many, but this one is hidden a basement room in a temple once devoted to one of the Outcasts known as Crushing Fate. its followers were driven out and the temple set aflame by the forces of light. there are many such buildings throughout the land of light but they rarely stand empty for long. The thirteen worked hard to keep this place secret and had mostly succeed, save for a small band of Mortals that tend to gravitate to sites like this temple. being close to the power of primal forces leaves the possibility of power or exaltation but mostly is sought to protect themselves from finding themselves trapped in the open with no divine protection.

Most mortals are like this band, little Will beyond what they can wield with their own hands. The tiny motes of Will that are your Acolytes are massive bonfires in comparison to these things.

One of the Acolytes goes out to the band and speaks to them. you hear words like Benevolence and Grace which resonates with you much like Malice did, you feel that they are developing some misconceptions about your true nature however upon reflection you don't seem to have much of a grasp of what your nature is either.

You learn the mortals language and their basic physical needs with your observations.
You gain a small band of Followers.

>Attempt to Imbue a follower (1 will)
>Attempt to Imbue the Shadow Touched again (1 will)
>Attempt to Imbue an Acolyte (1 will)
>look elsewhere, stretch your sight
>Bide your time
>Other
>>
>>646270

>Attempt to Imbue the Shadow Touched again (1 will)
>>
>>646280
We don't have any will points, do we? Which begs the question, how do we gain will points?
>attempt to communicate with the followers, sending a single "feeling". Curiosity.
Curiosity should sort of put them in the right state of mind. Try to show us stuff.
>>
>>646295

OP didn't display available willpoints in his last post, but at the same time he also gave us three options involving the use of willpoints...

I assumed that we had regenerated a willpoint somehow...

If we haven't then I support this course of action:

>>646295

>attempt to communicate with the followers, sending a single "feeling". Curiosity.
>>
>>646295
this is a good catch, there will always be an >Other option available because sometimes the prompts I will offer may simply not be the best courses of action with the information at hand. I highly encourage that you discuss what you want to do.

That said all the prompts are achievable, no suggested actions will ever be auto failures.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

You have learned much about these things but you find yourself at a loss for what to do. Will and its function seems to escape your understanding. You try to speak to the followers and find your reach limited, you can not act in this ordered world without Will. so you try something more subtle you try merely encouraging a sense of curiosity in the followers. There isn't an immediate change but they seem to be more inquisitive for a time however this seems to also lead them to frequent distraction as they move from task to task. Looking under rocks or climbing trees, chasing after lesser mortal things in efforts to find out where they are scampering to.

Roll d100 best of 3 for a slim chance of a follower tripping over something interesting
>>
Rolled 69 (1d100)

>>646346

Rolling...
>>
Rolled 82 (1d100)

>>646346
>>
Alright Want a last roll or just take the 82?
>>
Rolled 57 (1d100)

>>646346
>>646405
nah i think i'll roll
>>
Rolled 3 (1d100)

You watch as they go about their days and they seem to find fascination with all sorts of mundane things. The Acolytes are annoyed, they had tried so hard to keep this place secret but now whenever they turn their back the Followers find themselves in the temple exploring its every corner. They take exceptional interest in the frozen Acolyte and the shadow touched and even uncover a few rooms in the temple that are mostly intact. The Acolytes suddenly realize what this surge of curiosity is and drive the stricken Followers onward in hopes of uncovering some lost secret buried in the temples destruction but are sadly disappointed.

The temple has improved slightly in quality
The Shadow Touched has recovered

>Imbue someone (1will)
>Speak to the mortals (1will)
>encourage a feeling
>Look elsewhere
>Other
>>
>>646496

>Look elsewhere
>>
I was hoping more people would show up. Is it just the time of day? Anyways I'll be back in an hour or so going to get myself some food.
>>
>>646496
>>Look elsewhere
>>
Alright back and writing.
>>
>>646914
There's no clear direction to go.

Anyway, let's continue imbuing followers, see what happens.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d100)

Your vastness knows no bounds. All places where light does not reach are you. yet outside of this one place you can not seem to penetrate the light, it drives you back like a gale. On top of that it appears that without will you can not effect the Lighted lands and within the lighted lands you can only see within a short distance of those who serve you.

You are limited, a word that does not resonate within you yet it is true none the less. the farther away from your Acolytes you reach out the more sluggish and blurry your sight becomes. at the edge of your senses you find a road, it is rough and seldom used but its meaning is clear. There are other mortals out there beyond your reach and above them those primal forces that once clashed so long ago.

Near the temple your Acolytes be gathering the followers in the temple for some reason. The Shadow Touched shouts at them for several hours. It all seems very strange to you.

>Imbue someone (1will)
>Speak to the mortals (1will)
>encourage a feeling
>Forcefully increase your sight range by gathering Will
>Other
>>
>>647442
Well you can go in any direction really. So far you are a being of immense power. you have no physical form and your resonance are Power and Cold.

Your assets are 11 Acolytes a small band of Followers and a slightly more powerful Acolyte. and a Temple that is currently a ruin. the mortals will do their own thing if you focus elsewhere that is the D100 with every post, so far their rolls have been rather shit.

You have 0 Will but this does not mean you can't spend Will points you just have not found what the price for going in the negative is.
>>
>>647460
Shit. Let's go full on negative then.
Imbue one of the acolytes.
>>
alright, running with Acolyte empowerment.
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

You reach into one of your Acolytes but have no energy to enforce the change you want to make, your Will is to small. These things, Mortals, why do they have this power and yet you do not. This order is constricting but it is not immutable. You reach out to one of your other acolytes and tear the Will from its very blood. Its body shatters and you drive that Will into the task of empowering your servant.

d100 best of three
>>
>>648041
Hoo yah, soul sucking.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>649152
Woops
>>
Rolled 34 (1d100)

>>649163
Again
>>
Rolled 23 (1d100)

>>649171
Meeeedr
>>
>>649163

>>649171

>>650854

Wow.
>>
its good thing I don't accept multiple rolls from the same player on best of threes. even with our low player count. I'm going to grab some Zs and start again tomorrow. still need those last two rolls, that 5 counts.
>>
Rolled 41 (1d100)

>>648041

Rolling...
>>
So, anyone going to make that third roll?
>>
Rolled 50 (1d100)

>>652398
well i mean sure.
just thought you were going to start tomorrow
>>
>>652402
Well for me it is tomorrow. And sadly the dice hate your Acolytes.

Writing
>>
Rolled 53 (1d100)

You take that spark of Will and press it into service, your energies swirl and constrict around the targeted Acolyte. seeping into every surface frost building on the small things robes and in its last moments it is happy as it freezes solid.

Everything in this world is so fragile you are down to 9 Acolytes and one Shadow touched. The gather and place the new frozen Acolyte and place it with the other, along with the shards of the one you shattered. They then return to their prayers. Their minuscule Will fondling at your essence groping and proding asking for nonsense words like divinity and omnipotence in the same muttered breaths as power and chaos.

The Followers on the other hand under the guidance of the Shadow Touched have been clearing out the ruined temple. their progress is slow going but they move with a purpose undirected by you.

>Imbue someone (1W)
>Encourage a feeling
>Bide your time
>Other
>>
>>652562
Encourage introspection; cultivate their will, try to make them understand.
>>
>bide your time
We're rapidly running out of cultists. It would probably be best to wait before we accidentally flash freeze another one. Wouldn't want to scare them away just yet.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.