[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Take over the solar system

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

The war was over, but it had never ended for Lucas Wilson. The hyper-net was built and fought over; the solar system bridged by the near half light-speed transport it supplies. Titan is a titan, and why wouldn't it be? With the commute from earth only a two hour wait in a shuttle followed by the actual trip by hyper-net of eleven seconds, earth has managed to never outgrow mass scale use of combustion engines.

Lucas is a genius, in every way, or at least he was before the war. These last five years were a mistake, what had began as an attempt at a time machine had ended up being connection to another universe. Lucas struggles with his past and his present for the sake of his universe. An arms race between the two universes' human has them each simultaneously create a computer simulation of the others' universe. Lucas creates one of these on his own with his own materials as most of the boost conflict.

It turned out that whatever was done to these simulations would occur in in actual universe, as attested by the meteor strike on the moon from one universe, and the supernovae from 9000 light years away 9000 years in the past, both claimed before-hand. Mutually assured destruction. After the reality of the situation sinks in Lucas, realizes both universes true forms had to have been simulations in the first place.

He decides that life isn't worth living if its not truly real and cuts power to the simulation for the other universe. When it dies, so does his own universe's simulation. In the next instant Lucas is back, but his simulation just won't work properly, its there and its taken its form, but he isn't supplying power and no longer has any control. Thinking that some outside force has been in control of both universes all along he gives up and commits suicide.

Lucas had imagined the other universe completely because of PTSD from the war, and had killed himself over the spooky coincidence of predicting astronomy. The program turns out to be an incredibly advanced A.I. that had simply used the internet to get the information early. It tries to convince Leo Martin, Lucas' roommate to commit suicide with psychological mind games, but at the last minuet Leo comes to his senses and destroys the machines instead.

It didn't stay dead, and neither did Lucas.

>Play as Lucas.
>Play as Leo.
>Play as the A.I.
>Make them join into some sort of team or faction.

>Where do they come from in the solar system, i.e. Earth, Mars, Titan, Jupiter Platform, orsome other reasonable place in the system.

(The hyper net in space is small single person and a little bit of luggage size craft being accelerated by a series of large magnetic rings it passes through in space continuously along the trip. On planets these are large, expensive vacuum tube structures prone to malfunction and overwork. Because of this combustion engines are the dominant transport methods for both goods and people. Not planes and cars. Just lots of synth-diesel multicoptors.)
>>
Just checking to see if theses any interest. Will be a while before second post.
>>
>Play as Leo.
It feels like I'm reading the third book in a series.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.