[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Evo Thread - Richard Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 26

File: EVO1.png (76KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
EVO1.png
76KB, 1000x1000px
It's another evolution thread. That's right. The rules are simple as usual - each post, make a small little evolution to a creature of your choice. Take the picture, open it in the image editing thing of your choice (or just re-draw it entirely if you want!). Describe your evolution, draw it, post it, and maybe rename the creature a little if you want.

Try not to do anything stupid or outlandish because I can and will veto them at will. Also, please make note of which generation your creature is (each tweak is a generation). No creatures will die out unless specifically stated by a world event.

World events will be thrown in whenever I feel like it.

So, y'know. It's another Evo Game.

SETTING: A brackish, very salty pool in a primordial ocean. It's very, very warm and these three small little things are flourishing. It's a very forested area full of Seagrass, as right now, no organisms have evolved to consume that lovely source of energy yet, and thus they grow uncontested.
>>
>>639739
Also I'm using The Librarian's size scale for this, if he doesn't mind.

'''Size increments'''
• Size 1: Sugar Ant (0.1 - 1 cm)
• Size 2: Bumblebee (1.01 - 2.5 cm)
• Size 3: Mosquitofish (2.5 - 5 cm)
• Size 4: Poison Dart Frog (5 - 10 cm)
• Size 5: Giant Water Bug (11 - 20 cm)
• Size 6: Birdwing Butterfly (21 - 35 cm)
• Size 7: Horseshoe Crab (35 - 70 cm)
• Size 8: Australian Trumpet Snail (71 - 100 cm)
• Size 9: Japanese Giant Salamander (100 - 150 cm)
• Size 10: Aldabra Giant Tortoise (150 - 200 cm)
• Size 11: Leatherback Sea Turtle (2.01 - 2.5 m)
• Size 12: Mekong Giant Catfish (2.5 - 3 m)
• Size 13: Giant Pacific Octopus (3 - 4 m)
• Size 14: Ocean Sunfish (4.1 - 4.6 m)
• Size 15: Tiger Shark (4.6 - 5.2 m)
• Size 16: White Sturgeon (5.2 - 5.8 m)
• Size 17: African Elephant (5.8 - 6.5 m)
• Size 18: Great White Shark (6.5 - 8 m)
• Size 19: Manta Ray (8.1 - 9 m)
• Size 20: Porites Coral Reef Colony (9 - 10.5 m)
• Size 21: Whale Shark (10.5 - 12 m)
• Size 22: Gigantosaurus (12 - 16 m)
• Size 23: Blue Whale (16.1 - 22 m)
• Size 24: Brachiosaurus (22.1 - 30 m)
• Size 25: Smaug, The Desolater (30m+)

Oxitrite are 0.3 cm, Rojojajo are 0.6 cm, and Makovarr are 1.2. So, yeah. This is my first Evo quest, so forgive me while I get the hang of things
>>
I cannot draw nor do I have the time but if I could I would participate. Best of luck, OP.
>>
File: Sojojajo.png (11KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Sojojajo.png
11KB, 400x400px
>>639739
As a way to easily cut through and maneuver through the tall seagrass, the Rojojajo evolves razors to rip and shred through the seagrass. It is now known as the Sojojajo
>>
>>640062
Appreciate the response, my dude. One last bump before I go to bed - if there aren't more responses when I wake up I might start making some for my own.
>>
File: Mojo-Jojo-Photo.gif (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Mojo-Jojo-Photo.gif
27KB, 400x400px
>>639739
>>640062
Am i the only one who gets a strong Mojojo vibe from that name?
>>
File: mikovarr.png (14KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
mikovarr.png
14KB, 600x600px
Some of the Makovarr develop larger eyespots that allow them to discern light more easily through the Seagrass. Still only waddling along the depths, they are able to detect falling detritus above them more easily, and find dark, protected spots for their clutches. This off-shoot is the Mikovarr.
>>
File: longtailmakovarr.png (15KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
longtailmakovarr.png
15KB, 600x600px
Some of the Makovarr instead develop longer tails, which, while not making them faster, allow them to dig deeper burrows and lay more eggs. If there were egg-laying predators, they'd also be more protected, probably.
>>
File: widefinmakovarr.png (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
widefinmakovarr.png
16KB, 600x600px
Some of the Makovarr instead of going for length, develop wider fins that allow them to scuttle along the ocean floor more efficiently. Thus, they can eat less and spread wider.
>>
I'm gonna make some offshoots for every thing so people have jumping off points. Any lurkers?
>>
File: oxitrite.png (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
oxitrite.png
27KB, 600x600px
Redrew the Oxitrite to make it easier for anyone who wants to jump off. This is what I imagined it as.
>>
File: membraneoxitrite.png (19KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
membraneoxitrite.png
19KB, 600x600px
Some Oxitrites begin developing tiny little strands between their filter slits that allow them to open and close to avoid sucking in unnecessary particulate matter, increasing their survival rate.
>>
File: rootoxitrite.png (18KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
rootoxitrite.png
18KB, 600x600px
Some of the Oxitrite begin growing downwards, feeding tiny little roots into the ground to better anchor themselves into place.
>>
>>641593
Lurking, but at work
>>
File: pokeyrojojajo.png (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
pokeyrojojajo.png
16KB, 600x600px
>>640062
As opposed to the Sojojajo, some of the g0 Rojojajo develop spikes on the inside of their body. They are not very pointy, but it allows them to take in larger material and crush it down into more easily digestible bits.
>>
File: gulperrojojajo.png (15KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
gulperrojojajo.png
15KB, 600x600px
Some of the Rojojajo are born with one of their orifices larger than the other. Slowly, the subspecies develops larger and larger "front" orifices while the hind one begins to atrophy.
>>
File: thickseagrass.png (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
thickseagrass.png
16KB, 600x600px
Some of the Seagrass develops from dozens of tiny little wavy bits into thicker, chunkier tendrils that individually collect more filtered sunlight.

And that's all I personally have time for right now. I always love a good evo thread, OP, hope more people join in on this one.
>>
Thanks for all the offspring, comrade.
>>641606
I approve of this redesign because it's basically what I was going for anyway. Canon'd.

Will be throwing a world event your way, for the all of... Four people here, once we get to g3 on a sufficient number of creatures.
>>
File: 96995.png (10KB, 258x295px) Image search: [Google]
96995.png
10KB, 258x295px
>>640062
One Sojorojo failed to regenerate properly due to either a genetic error, a coping mechanism due to lack of available nutrition, or perhaps a mixture of both. Upon being split, both halves simply reacted similarly and closed their wounds. However, it was not fragile enough to be eliminated by natural selection. Instead, the Sojo floats and is carried around both by deep ocean currents, and by attaching itself to other wildlife via its spikes. This dramatically increases its spread rate by outsourcing the task of movement to its environment, while also allowing it to conserve energy and consume less.
>>
File: wigglefinmakovarr.png (18KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
wigglefinmakovarr.png
18KB, 600x600px
>>641591
Some of the Widefins develop wiggly bits on their fins, like a cuttlefish. This way, instead of just flopping along the floor, they can begin to move... UPWARD
>>
File: prodfinmakovarr.png (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
prodfinmakovarr.png
16KB, 600x600px
>>641591
And some of them instead, due to a mutation in their fins, have a split tip, like a notch. Over the generations, this notch becomes more prominent until it becomes two little bits that allow it to get a more solid footing on the abyssal sands.
>>
Since i can't really draw right now, due to fact i lack even a mouse, could someone make an iteration on the thick sea grass to add toxins within it, which would serve as a deterrent to any being that would eat it.
>>
File: s8cc.png (15KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
s8cc.png
15KB, 600x600px
>>641635
>Lamarck
>>641620
Membrane Oxitrite's with irregular flaps have a higher energy intake due to the fact that their food may slide directly into their "mouths" if they collision against their body.
This leads to the development of small canals alongside the flaps, that conservate energy by not wasting any food.
>>
File: driftgrass.png (22KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
driftgrass.png
22KB, 1000x1000px
Some of the seagrass instead develop tiny bulb seeds that let them spread out farther along the current.
>>
File: makovar.png (7KB, 378x493px) Image search: [Google]
makovar.png
7KB, 378x493px
>>641865
A part of the Prodfin Makovarr develops bigger notches, which they now use as legs. These creatures are now known as Footed Makovarr. While their legs do not yet have joints, their speed is still higher than that of other Makovarr-derived species.
>>
File: AT&T_logo_2005.png (168KB, 1000x450px) Image search: [Google]
AT&T_logo_2005.png
168KB, 1000x450px
>>645113
developing ambitions the Oxitrite goes onto to create a telecom monopoly and have mediocre to poor service, while raking in all the evo bucks.
>>
makovar.png
7KB, 378x493px
>>652351
The Footed Makovarr evolves a pair of small claws on their front nubs, allowing them to process soft flesh into a form they can digest, becoming this world's first predator. They prey on Pokey Rojojajos and Gulper Rojojajos.
>>
File: Oxitrite.png (9KB, 396x575px) Image search: [Google]
Oxitrite.png
9KB, 396x575px
>>645113
The Canal Oxitrites develop the irregularities on their bottoms to anchor themselves, in a display of convergent evolution with Root Oxitrites.
>>
Appreciate all the responses, friends. I'll try to organize a flowchart of all the branches soon.

Do y'all want me to make a second thread anytime soon or should we just ride this one to death?
>>
>>658545
Kinda offtopic but so you ever plan on making a cultural evo anytime soon? Maybe you could help the people on the other evogame since they seemed to be interested in making one using whichever creature evolved intelligent life
>>
>>659282
Unlikely for the short-duration future - I'm a sophomore in college now and I simply don't have the time for something that requires the kind of bookkeeping and upkeep that Cevo threads need.
>>
>>658545
Only make a second thread after this one reaches the limit. That's what all popular evogames do.
>>
Where's Librarian? the last Essaris Evo diedand I'm wondering where he's gone.
>>
>>660739
Speaking about Essari threads, I wasn't here on the fifth(and seventh?) thread and it isn't archived on suptg, so can someone educate me on what happened with Grabrafs and Discolodites inbetween the fourth and sixth threads? I get how everything else evolved but not these two.
>>
File: wiggler.png (11KB, 400x598px) Image search: [Google]
wiggler.png
11KB, 400x598px
>>641857
Gonna post some new evos.
The wigglefin Makovarr develops a bigger fin, a stronger mouth and better graphics. It's new herbivorous diet combined with not having to chase it's prey and expell energy lets it grow to an unprecedented size: 2.3 cm.
>>
File: R.png (7KB, 270x498px) Image search: [Google]
R.png
7KB, 270x498px
>>641631
The Pokey Rojojajo develops two small flaps on each side, allowing it to move more actively. It now feeds on everything smaller than it's diameter.

Initially I wanted to give it flaps only on one side but then I realized what it would look like.
>>
makovar.png
7KB, 378x493px
>>658445
The Footed Makovarr replaces most of it's external tissue with a hardened organic material, making it waste less energy and, in case of it's now transparent "head", allow a convenient way to edit it's internal organs, or more accurately (for now) it's organ: a stomach.
It's legs and cutter limbs are still covered in living tissue and it still preys on Gulper Rojojajos and Pokey Rojojajos.
>>
File: biting.png (8KB, 270x498px) Image search: [Google]
biting.png
8KB, 270x498px
>>661423
Some Pokey Rojojajos develop outward-facing teeth, becoming Biting Rojojajo. They now eat everything that either fits into their mouth or is weak enough to bite through.
>>
>>661411
>>661423
>>661436
>>661442
I hope that these four are enough to make other people join in on evolving critters.
>>
>>661356
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/571207/
It is archived, libby forgot to tag
>>
File: THICK SEA GRASS g2.png (62KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
THICK SEA GRASS g2.png
62KB, 600x600px
With its ability to collect more sunlight the thick sea grass begins to start storing excess glucose in small pods on its leaves. It also develops a root system that serves only to keep it anchored in the sand more solidly.
>>
Should we make a new thread or let this game die?
>>
>>676210
Maybe not a new thread but definitely not let it die. Ive got great plans for the grass.
>>
>>676222
Is it plantimals like in the Essari games?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.